NATION

PASSWORD

First Gynocratic Summit (Closed, invitation or TG to join)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

First Gynocratic Summit (Closed, invitation or TG to join)

Postby Ateneia » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:40 am

Everything was ready in the University of Gynospiafor the start of the First Gynocratic Summit. In the Great Hall, Sophia Powers, General Coordinator of Ateneia, awaited to greed the delegations of all the countries attending to the summit. Sophia was the youngest General Coordinator since the founding of country, elevated to this position for her successes in humanistic research and her contributions to the development of the feminist theory.

At each side of the Great Hall police officers stayed, magnificent in their white and turquoise gala uniform. Behind the General Coordinator were the members of the Council of Cities, the governing body of Ateneia. And in the center, Sophia stayed in her place, waiting for the entering of the first delegation…

(OOC: feel free to skip the arrival of you delegations to Ateneia and go directly to their arrival to the summit. The program of events is as follows:

Day 1 (the one that is about to start): meeting of the of the countries attending to the summit, to foster friendship and cooperation.

Day 2: Feminist symposium, where the scholars of each of the attending countries will expose the implementations of feminist politics in their respective countries.

Day 3: Military parade composed by units from all the participating countries.)

Isisurania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isisurania » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am

At each side of the Great Hall police officers stayed, magnificent in their white and turquoise gala uniform. Behind the General Coordinator were the members of the Council of Cities, the governing body of Ateneia. And in the center, Sophia stayed in her place, waiting for the entering of the first delegation…

The delegate from Isisurania, http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp59fo3Jfc1r0ugnzo1_500.jpg Dr. Amelia Bloch, had arrived after a long journey, and was amazed at what a pretty country this was so far, how beautiful and inspiring the university looked, and was eager to meet with the General Coordinator. She had come with a small party and because there was to be a military parade a group of Security Force troops were on leave. They were all a little in awe of the setting. Most of her people were women, and all the Peace Force units. These were sent off to whatever barracks or place there was for them to stay. She went forward to greet the Coordinator in a friendly manner, saying, "Hello, my name is Dr. Amelia Block; I represent the Commensal Council of Isisurania. I'm very glad to be here."
Last edited by Isisurania on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 am

Sophia gave a brief vow to Dr. Amelia Bloch and shacked her hand.

- Welcome to Atenia, Dr. Bloch - said Sophia with a smile - hope you have find it of your liking. As you should have noted, the country is populated mostly by females. Ateneia is a country designed to be the ultimate feminine utopia: a country build by women, for women. I really hope that this summit would serve to show us to the world strengthen ties with other matriarchies…. But enough of my chat: I must confess I don´t know much about your own country, Isisuriana. What you could tell me about it?

Isisurania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isisurania » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Dr. Bloch thanked her for the welcome and said, "Our country had been in a nuclear war and was recovering from it. One of the most successful sheltered areas was a women's commune of scientists and researchers. I'm one of their descendants. There are a collection of peaceful cities that women and the few men we can trust share; other men live outside the cities and are ignorant of what goes on within them. And what is the city like here?"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:38 pm

In a way the conference was a break for the leading New Edomite delegates, who were the most powerful women in New Edom in years. There were a lot of things going on in the Allied States including rumors of war crimes in the fellow regional nation of Premislyd, an economic conference with several other nations, its own recent elections and the results of the Manifesto of Liberty, and so the three of them were all very busy, but they were also very interested in attending the conference.

They approached. An athletically built blonde woman with blue eyes wearing a blazer, blouse and slacks introduced herself to the Coordinator as "Sif Finnhald, Foreign Minister for the Allied States. It is very good to meet you. I've been wanting to attend or arrange such a conference for some time."

A short dark haired woman with olive skin and rather alert hazel eyes also presented her hand. "Sarah Carmel, Attorney-General for the Allied States."

The last was also fair and was younger than the other two, had an air of gentleness but determination about her, and said, "And I am Doctor Elizabeth Salt, Minister of Health and Welfare. Thank you for inviting us. I'm afraid our Ministers of Education and Finance couldn't be here--they have a lot to deal with at the moment and with difficulty we decided it would be best for some of us to be here at least. But they are very interested in the conference as well, just so you know. For the first time in our history half of a national cabinet is composed of women."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Lhazastan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Lhazastan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Lhazastan being such a new state as it was, Amarynthia Kuzmenko was the only member of government attending. She lacked any delegates by her side other than Hannah, a single aide who was there for her, not for the conference. Back home, the senior members of the government were busy attending to the constant internal strife which plagued the new state, one that had been founded - like all of its neighbors - with blood. At least now things were cooling down.

It was still, however, safer in Ateneia than it was at home. That much was obvious. As such, the company of guards brought with them was small and none were to keep her safe. Her aide was the best one to do that other than herself. The soldiers were for the parade which has been noted as a part of the summit, and they were off doing whatever it as they did for that.

Neither Amarynthia nor Hannah were experienced diplomats or politicos. Hannah was a woman who had been in prison with Kuzmenko before the uprising and had long since established herself as loyal and of sound mind; there was no political training or education to be had there. She had, frankly, been a violent offender in the other Federated Territories and had been in and out of prison the majority of her life. Amarynthia at least had experience as a protester, and a fairly influential spokeswoman for the Free Women's Party, and then as a political prisoner for that same thing. She was not, however, familiar with anything like this and as they came to the conference, they hung back a bit and tried to see how others were acting so to best emulate them and hope to not offend anybody. Minus their immediate neighbors, many of whom were in the same position as the Lhazastani government, they had never had anything to do with foreign officials.
The Lhazarane State (FT)
The Matriarchy of Lhazastan (MT)

Factbook

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Well, Gynospia was build on purpose to show all the beauty of the Inner Goddess that it´s inside every woman – Sophia said, answering Dr. Amelia question – I´m sure you will find it as charming as the terrains of the University.

Then, she approached all the delegations that were entering in the Hall, greeting them.

- Mrs. Finnhald, Mrs. Carmel, Mrs. Salt, - she said addressing to the delegation of New Edom - it´s a true pleasure to meet all you. Congratulation for your hard-won parity in your government, and I hope that you will find this meeting… enlightening for you and for your country.

- Mrs. Kuzmenko - she said after the arrival of the Lazhastanians – is such an honour to welcome you! You and you works are famous across this country and Lazhastan is a shinning example for all the matriarchies in the world…

(OOC: two more nation had telegrammed me to join the Summit, we will wait a couple of days so they can post the arrivals of their delegations)

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 pm

It had been a long trip for the three women and they were glad to finally step off the plane for more than an hour. Ateneia was a bit of a detour from the planned tour of nations, but the women were intrigued by the host nation and some of the other nations attending the convention. As the three approached the university they noted that the modern architecture of the campus was a far cry from the old architectural styles that dominated many of the universities of Ali-Zebu.

The three approached Sophia Powers and curiously noted the near absence of any men. Prime Minister Jezrahla Shrazali fidgeted slightly inside the outfit Editta had given to her before they had both set out on their separate endeavors. Shortly before she gave her greeting to Sophia, she adjusted the small vest that rested over her shirt. When she stood before Sophia, the Ateneian General Coordinator would have seen a woman of 1.78 meters with an elegant and athletic form, a medium skin tone, dark and wavy hair of medium length, and two hazel eyes that held warmth and intelligence. And despite her age of forty-five, she looked and moved as if she were twenty years younger.

Not knowing the proper form of greeting, Jezrahla bowed courteously to Sophia and offered a greeting.

“It is an honor to be welcomed to your nation and this convention General Coordinator Powers. I hope to gain a better understanding of how other societies with similarities to my own operate and perhaps offer wisdom if it is asked of me. Formalities aside, I do not suppose you know of any good places to surf around here? It has been too long since I was last able to take my board out to sea.”

Too long of course had only been a week, but to a woman who had supported herself through the sport for many years, a week was almost an eternity.

Ethnic Minister Sanjali Takri was the next to greet Sophia. She was of the province of Hamarahtta and bore many of the typical phenotypical characteristics of individuals of that region. Her skin was of a fairly dark complexion and her long hair was black and braided. Her most striking features were her eyes. Her left eye was a light brown and her right was medium blue. She wore a mix of light greens and oranges and had a small silver loop in her right nostril that was connected to another small silver loop in the upper tip of her right ear by a fine silver chain.

After Sanjali gave her greeting, the third woman, Hiroshi Mai, introduced herself. She was flush from a recent electoral victory in the Ichi-Holt SAR and stood as the Chief Executive. She resembled a woman of Japanese descent with some notable differences. Her skin was much fairer, her eyes possessed a greatly reduced “slant” due to a reduction of the epicanthic folds and were a light, brilliant blue, and her hair was thicker and more luxurious. Her height was slightly above average for an Aochi woman at 1.68 meters.

She was smartly dressed in a fashion fairly uncommon in the rest of the Union, a black three piece suit. A simple silver stud was in each of her ears and she wore an open silver ring, with one of the open ends in the shape of a bear’s paw, on her left ring finger.

Mai greeted Sophia with a deep bow and a “You honor me with your invitation Powers-sama.”

OOC: This Mai bears no relationship to any others of the same name. A simple, mistaken, reuse of the same name.
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:36 pm

(OOC: sorry for the delay in posting. RL has kept me really busy those days)

Sophia admired the grace and beauty of the members of the Ali-Zebu delegation, and greeted them with her best smile:

- Welcome to Ateneia and to the Gynocratic Summit. It´s a honor for my country to host women of such worth, and I hope you will find you stay here pleasant. Mrs. Shrazali, the weather in Ateneia is pleasant and warm, and we have some beaches where surf can be practiced that I´m sure you will find of your linking. If we have the chance, I will love to personally take you to some of them. Mrs. Takri, Mrs. Mai, the honor is mine, thanks for gracing this event with your presence.

After greeting the three women from Ali-Zebu, Sophia realized that all the delegations were already present.

- Ladies, if you would be so kind to follow me – she said addressing to the assembled delegations.

Sophia guided her hosts through the complex of the university, finally arriving to a big, open square surrounded by arcades. A big table had been disposed in the center, with enough seats to accommodate all the members of the delegations. Despite being in the open, the sun was shining and the weather was warm. From the arcades, tapestries were hanging displaying the flags of all the countries attending to the summit, alternated with other with the Venus symbol. The delegates took seat, and several waiters (the first men that the delegates have seen inside the of the university grounds) served the dishes of the meal. The menu was composed by the best foods that Ateneia has to offer, with the notable exceptions of meat and fish, that were completely absent.

- I would like to propose a toast – said Sophia, to the assembled delegates, raising her glass – all the people gathered here, and the countries they represent, are shining examples of what women can accomplish when liberated from the chains of the patriarchate, that has cursed society since the dawn of the human civilization. Time has arrived for all the matriarchates of the world to unite and to strengthen bonds, to create a society, a world, truly in nature feminine, and not only a variation of the masculine one. To the women of the world!

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:01 pm

"Women of the world," echoed the New Edomite delegates, raising their glasses. Sarah Carmel nudged Sif Finnhald quietly. "Do you notice that there are some men? I'm very curious about what legal status the men around here have." Sif laughed softly. "I'm rather curious myself. And are they vegan or just vegetarian, these folk, I wonder." She nodded to the Ali-Zebu delegates, who she knew by reputation and name though she had not met them personally yet.

"Thank you for your warm welcome," said Sif. "Of course our nation is not a matriarchate, but we do feel welcome here. I never intended to be in politics when I was growing up or when I was a young woman, and I'm still sometimes surprised at where the path of my life has led me. I'm curious about the food--is Ateneia a vegan country or is it just in honour of this occasion?"

Sarah introduced herself to whoever was nearest; she was one of those small women who seems to have more energy than her body can contain, though she was disciplined with it. "I'm curious about how many other women here have families of their own. I've got thr..." her voice faltered. "I've got two kids, a boy and a girl. My husband Steven is a composer and he's at home." She made herself smile. It was hard to think of her oldest son.

Elizabeth Salt was tasting the food, enjoying it and wondering about the decore. She admired this open space; they'd have to find some way to do something similar back home; it was so warm and inviting. She remembered either the decadence of the Quality Bay Hotel or the male club feeling of the Palace of Justice back home. That feeling of 'what the hell are you doing here' that she still got at times walking into a meeting. "I'm very honored to be here," she said. "This is so different from home I can scarcely express it..." glancing at some of the other women, particularly the three from Ali-Zebu Union. "But some of you must be used to this."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 am

Jezrahla gave a friendly smile to Sophia.

“That would be wonderful Powers. It is always nice when two heads of government can take a break from politics and have a regular conversation and enjoy the sound of the sea. And I thank you for and return you kind words Powers or may I address you in another way?”

Jezrahla and the other women then followed Sophia.

The prime minister and the rest of the Ali-Zebu delegates echoed the toast offered by Sophia. All three thought it curious, but realized that it likely was born of societies and cultures that had evolved in a different fashion than their own. Sanjali and Mai returned Sif’s nod while Jezrahla gave a cheerful smile to the other delegates.

At seeing the men bring in the food, Jezrahla chuckled slightly as she was reminded of some of the old films she had watched in which the queens of old would have their harems dance into the dining room and place food at the waiting monarch’s feet. This did not happen nowadays and seeing the waiters perform their duty made her feel a bit like a queen herself. She leaned toward Mai and spoke quietly, “So what do you think about the service and the waiters?”

Mai sat for a second and replied with a straight face and a less serious tone.

“Well, it seems that there are men here. I was thinking everyone just sprouted from the earth. As far as service is concerned, it sure beats eating at an izakaya.”

Sanjali looked at the food and was reminded a bit of home. Many in Hamarahtta followed a vegetarian diet. She took a bite of the food and found it tasty, despite the seasoning being different than what she was used to.

“This is a fine meal that your chefs have prepared Powers. If it is not too much trouble, might I peek into the kitchen at some point and tell them myself?”

Jezrahla and Mai enjoyed the flavor of the food. The wondered if this sort of meal was regular in Ateneia. Jezrahla was quite fond of pork, but this was flavorful none the less.

The three women listened as Sif spoke to Sophia. Jezrahla could certainly see what Yesmin had, but it seemed that more lay behind the eyes of the woman than what she showed. She and Sanjali listened intently to Powers’ answer concerning the food, while Mai was busy deciding what to try next.

The three nodded slightly when Elizabeth had finished speaking. The other delegates seemed pleasant and the host no less so.
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:50 pm

(OOC - Can I join in, please? Queen Linda of Gynocracy)
'Femina supra mundum' - Women over the world.

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:55 pm

The Prime Minister of Gynocracy, Carol Brathwaite, entered the conference.

"I apologise for not being here sooner," she explained, "but we have been involved in a war and it has only recently finished. Following our victory, we are delighted to be able to make contact with our sisters in matriarchy and gynocracy."

The delegates smiled at the short black woman who stood before them and was surprisingly confident in spite of her relative inexperience.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:05 pm

The blonde foreign minister of the Allied States of New Edom introduced herself and her companions to the short dark woman from Gynocracy. "Nice to meet you," said Sif Finnhald. "I've heard something of your war, but I haven't heard about it from your own point of view...would you be willing to tell us what happened, and how your country is doing now?"

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Aryni Resyanna fe Shrailleen was tired, but determined not to show it.

The trip from the Shrailleeni Archipelago had been a long one, even in the most powerful steamship that the Empire had yet created. It was actually her first time away from the Empire, and in many ways she felt like a pioneer. Few had suspected that there was a world outside of the Empire, and now she would be one of the first women to explore it. But travelling, she had learned, did not agree with her. The steamship seemed to rock and toss a great deal more than the sailing yachts of her childhood, and by the time her ambassadorial unit arrived in the foreign land of Ateneia she had been thoroughly ill.

And it was the largest Imperial group ever to enter the World-Without-Mothers. Not only was she here as the Matriarch of State and daughter of the Mother Empress, but Queen Freeda Delodarra fe Shrailleen of South Fromathra was with her as well, along with four regiments of the best men in the Royal Infantry Guard and her Undersecretary, Zattem Resbruck, the only man accompanying her in an ambassadorial capacity. After debarking, the Sub-Group Leader had moved the men to the barracks, and they had made their way toward the University of Gynospia.

A woman representing Ateneia had directed them, and let them know that the summit had already commenced. As they walked, Aryni studied what small bit of this land she saw. The architecture was different from that of the Empire, her own city favored sweeping spires and elegant walls, but was nice in its own way. She was most surprised by the airport, and the casual display of technologies unknown to the Empire. This both impressed and unnerved her, and she knew that to survive Shrailleen would need to make the most of whatever alliances it could forge. She saw only women on her way up, and she wondered privately where they kept the men in this nation. Was it run entirely by women? She wondered how any country could run efficiently without a steadfast male workforce.

Finally she, Queen Freeda, and Zattem were directed into the open courtyard where the other ambassadors were waiting. She was tired, but her face betrayed nothing. She and Freeda entered first, as was customary, and bowed with their right hands held palm out and their left hands over their hearts. "I apologize for my lateness honorable delegates. On behalf of the Mother Empress of Shrailleen, I bring with me peace and sisterhood."

Freeda echoed her greeting, and then both delegates took their indicated seats. Zattem followed, quiet and eyes down, as he had been instructed to do. He looked more amused than subdued, but Aryni knew that he was excited and honored to represent his Mother Empress. She quickly took in the sights of the room, and the food spread before them. It was vegetarian, she saw to her small displeasure, a trend growing in the Empire as well. She was also conscious of how the Shrailleeni delegation looked compared to the other women in the room. They all had dark brown skin and blue eyes, and wore their dark hair long and unbraided, even Zattem. Their ceremonial robes were bright white with black trim, with the Oval-Arcs of the Empire displayed on the front and back. It was clear that many different nations and cultures were represented here. She wondered how they would measure up to the Empire.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Ateneia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ateneia » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm

“Vegetarianism is very popular in Ateneia “ said Sophia answering to Sif´s question “we believe we can feed ourselves without hurting other sentient beings. But of course is a matter of choice, if you prefer a specific kind of food, I´m sure I could arrange something.” Then she replied to Salts´ comment: “most of the women living in Ateneia have been born outside the country, as immigration is our main source of population growth… we are perfectly aware of how fortunate we are, living in a country built by women and conceived for women. I hope that your experience here serves to strengthen the feminist cause back in your home nation.”

“Please call me Sophia” she said in reply to Jezrahla “we are amongst sisters here.” When Sophia heard Mai´s comment, she added. “Yes, there are men in Ateneia, although not a lot of them. They have all the rights granted to women, with the exception that they cannot obtain ateneian citizenship. Most of the men you will see here are temporary workers recruited abroad for our programs of positive discrimination. And Sanjali, feel free to visit the kitchen whenever you please, there are no strict rules of protocol to be obeyed here”

Sophia then greeted the newly arrived Carol Brathwaite. Gynocracy was the founder and most powerful state of the Amazon Federation, and the presence of her Prime Minister here was an huge success for the Summit.

Following the Gynocracy delegation, another group of envoys made act of presence, this time from the Shrailleeni Empire. “As a General Coordinator of Ateneia, it´s a honour to welcome the envoys of the Mother Empress to this country and this meeting. We are also honoured that you have chosen this occasion to initiate your foreign contacts. As you will soon discover, the world is an hostile place for matriarchal rule: chauvist prejudices are everywhere. But you are not alone: I hope that here you will find friends and allies that will help you to claim your place in the world.”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm

"I don't mind the vegetarianism," said Sarah Carmel, with a sparkle in her eye, "What I'd love is a real drink though. Does anyone know how to make a good martini around here?"

As the robed women came in, the New Edomite women looked at them curiously and listened as they were formally welcomed. In fact everything seemed kind of formal.

Dr. Salt said, "So this is a nation built on idealism? Oops, but here I am, jumping the gun. I wouldn't mind a drink too, can I have a gin and tonic?"

"It's nice to be here, I wonder what they teach at this university." said Sarah. "It looks nice and orderly, but is this just for this conference? Damn, ours are like hotbeds of radicalism lately. I have to tell you, I'm the conservative of this trio. I believe in pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and kicking ass, frankly, but Dr. Salt here," she glanced at the younger woman, "Urged me to see things from the other side a little bit."

Femina Suprema
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Femina Suprema » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

The sudden arrival of the Foreign Minister of Femina Suprema caused a bit of a stir. In the first place, although nothing definite was known, there were rumours of unrest at home and even her attendance at the summit had been in doubt.

Now, though, standing with a friendly smile on her face, the tall and stunning redhaired woman introduced herself.

"Andrea Lynch, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Femina Suprema. Sorry I've been delayed but there have been a lot of problems lately and I only hope they don't get worse. In the meantime, it's good to be here. Hope I haven't missed too much of the action!"

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Aryni smiled warmly at General Coordinator Sophia, the etiquettes of court installed in her from birth coming out flawlessly.

"I thank you General Coordinator. That is the hope of the Empire as well. I will admit that finding a world so full of male rulers was...surprising to the Empire. We are glad to have found so many who follow the ancient wisdom of matriarchy."

Queen Freeda had begun eating delicately, at an unspoken signal from Aryni. Zattem was only poking at his plate, but Aryni knew that he was alert and watching. After the meal, he would tell her anything that he had observed about the other delegates. A man had not risen to the rank of Undersecretary for no reason.

Aryni then listened to the New Edom delegation with small annoyance. The Empire was a rigidly formal political system, and such informalities that came of the mouth of Dr. Salt went against all of her breeding. However, she was here to observe and to make friends, not to judge the cultures of other nations. She made her face a mask of passitivity, and added her own voice.

"I am interested in the principles of your nation as well. You seem to be thriving, how have you made your ideals such a powerful reality?"

Andrea Lynch's arrival distracted Aryni momentarily, and she turned to observe the newcomer. When she introduced herself, she heard Queen Freeda gasp quietly, and internally winced. Since joining the Amazon Federation, news of the outside had begun to trickle into the Empire through Federation channels. The plight of Femina Suprema and it's "President's" sudden rise to power had made the country a cult heroine in the eyes of many Imperial nobles. A powerful woman seizing absolute control would appeal to any Shrailleeni, but then holding its own against numerous corrupt male assailants on the international stage made the nation very popular indeed.

Aryni hoped that Queen Freeda would wisely hold her decorum, but Queens were known to enjoy their little pleasures more so than the Matriarchs. It was likely that her associate might try to offer more than the Empire could afford. But, that was why she was here.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:34 pm

"It's good to see so many of us here," said Carol, looking cautiously around the room. She knew none of the other delegates and even though she had only been Prime Minister for a year now she had so far survived a foreign war, civil unrest and hostility from within her own party.

"I know that most of us," she said carefully, wondering what on earth the male nation was doing here, "support the principles of female leadership of our people. Of course we know that the form that takes varies from one nation to another. We have introduced certain reforms during the last year that have improved the status of men - against considerable opposition from some elements, particularly the younger women of our country. Our war with the Renegade Imperium of Androkhul was a fierce and bloody one but at least we were able to emerge victorious. Their empire is no more and we have annexed the land as the latest acquisition of our own empire."

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Sanjali got up and an excused herself.

“Pardon me everyone, since I have leave to visit the kitchen I think I will do so now. I will be back shortly.”

She then asked for some directions and headed toward the kitchen.

Jezrahla was quite curious when she saw the delegation from the Shrailleeni Empire. The clothing was certainly a far cry from fashions back home. She then wondered what the Shrailleeni would think of some of the fashions back home. After sitting silent for a moment, she let a smile cross her face as she spoke.

“That is an interesting bit of information you have given Carol,” she still could not get used to using the first name of a person she did not know, “When the Union opened the men’s universities some sixty years ago there was a bit of an uproar, but Prime Minister Rozolda Matyjasz quickly calmed the nation. If you want an interesting woman, then you should examine her history.”

After listening to any response that was given she then turned her eyes toward Queen Feeda and spoke to her

“If understand correctly, majesty, your nation has only recently found its way to the wider world. Let me welcome you on behalf of the Ali-Zebu Union and offer the people of your nation our hospitality if ever you wish it.”

Mai let her blue eyes scan the room, to take in the rest of the delegates. They were a varied lot and as her eyes rolled over the Edomites, she gave a friendly nod in their direction.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:41 pm

After taking in the sight of the delegate from the famous nation of Femina Suprema, Freeda turned to Jezrahla with bright eyes and a warm smile. She was a young queen, only 22, and the only member of the Shrailleeni royal bloodline who ruled one of the Queendoms of the island of Fromathra. This trip was, for her, a chance to get away from the politics of the Empire and see a bit of the new and exciting "World-Without-Mothers," and she was filled with youthful energy and the naivete of nobility.

Leaving her cousin to attend to the more important matters of state, she took the opportunity to chat.

"Thank you very much, it is true that we have only recently discovered your world. Our Empire has ruled for over a thousand years certain in the knowledge that nothing lay beyond the Ring of Storms. I would be honored if you would tell me of your nation Lady Jezrahla."

The strange name sounded funny on her tongue, and she realized that she was unsure of how to address the other women of the delegations. In the Empire one's status was always known, and equals addressed each other as Lady, or by name if the situation was very personal. It also began to dawn on her that other nations might not have Imperial governments, a concept that she struggled with. Suddenly nervous, though her breeding hid it will, she decided to ask.

"Is Lady correct? That is the term that we use in the Empire when among women of equal status, but we have never had to address foreign ambassadors before."

She could feel Zattem watching her from behind her back, but ignored it. As a man, if he disapproved of her decorum there was nothing that he could say. He might talk to her cousin later...but she was determined to enjoy herself on this trip.
Ask Me Anything IC

Lhazastan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Lhazastan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm

((ooc: sorry, was out for a few days))

Both Lady Kuzmenko and Hannah had been silent for awhile. Kuzmenko had been somewhat prideful that anyone outside her nation knew anything of it and of her. They had seated themselves when the others did so, and listened in on the conversations. Amarynthia did her best to not react to anything said, but Hannah was much less disciplined in the hiding of her emotions.

There was the wonder behind "veganism" and over vegetarianism, giving that she came from a country that even when it had been a part of a larger, wealthier state had relied upon hunting outside of the largest two cities. The towns, even the notable ones, other than those two cities were all small and had their problems. They couldn't afford such idealistic choices even if they knew of them. To her, the food present looked like many, many side dishes and not an entree to be seen. She treated it as such by force of habit, taking only small amounts of everything and constantly looking expectant for more to be brought out. That didn't happen, but at least what she did have was delicious. Despite being a high member of the government, she didn't exactly eat well very often. Kuzmenko had won popularity, and she knew she wasn't going to keep it if she wasted what money there was on lavish state dinners. No, that money went to public works and security.

When the delegate from the Gynocracy spoke of annexation, she was visibly uncomfortable. She could not feel anything but disdain for expansionism, knowing that her people were a victim of it in the past and were constantly threatened by their neighbors who themselves said that they only tolerated Lhazastan for its novelty, and that a step out of line may have consequences Lhazastan could not handle. Empty threats, really, but the reality of the situation around the world was there.

She turned her attention to the Shrailleeni delegate, not considering the implications of "empire" for them, listening in on her conversation with Jezrahla
The Lhazarane State (FT)
The Matriarchy of Lhazastan (MT)

Factbook

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

“ “Lady” will be fine, Lady Freeda,” Jezrahla smiled a little at the use of the word. She then thought for a moment before continuing her conversation with the young queen.

“I will gladly tell of Ali-Zebu and please forgive if I use some more academic terms. Culturally speaking, it is commonly understood that it was some time during the Neolithic period that the cultures of the Union separated from related, albeit more patriarchal, cultures of the region. It was not until late in the Iron Age that the city states of Ali and Zebu were joined into the Ali-Zebu Queendom. This union was accomplished when the youngest daughters of the queens of both cities married. Many a work of fiction has been dedicated to this subject.”

Jezrahla took a drink from her glass before continuing

“I could probably talk history for quite a while, but I will refrain for the moment and focus on more contemporary subjects. In terms of governance, Ali-Zebu is a constitutional monarchy and is divided into several provinces and a few other administrative districts. We have a long history of seafaring and even pioneered the use of aircraft carriers in our region.”

“Most people are religious and follow the Jezrahlist faith which was founded by the prophet Jezrah about three-thousand years ago. My name is in fact derived from the prophet’s with the “la” added out of respect for Jezrah. Our calender starts with Jezrah’s birth and as such the current year would be 3011 instead of the 2011 elsewhere.”

“The nation is culturally and ethnically diverse with over two hundred ethnicities. I like to think of Ali-Zebu as a stew with the individual cultures and ethnicities as the ingredients and the broth being the shared history and government that bind us together. Sports and fitness have long played a part in Ali-Zebu culture. The most popular of sports being surfing and football (soccer).”

Jezrahla took a deep breath before finishing.

“Well, I think I should take a break before I take over the conversations here. If you want to learn more, please feel free to ask me later.”

She then sat back in her chair, letting a pleasant mood overtake her.
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Femina Suprema
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Femina Suprema » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Andrea knew that she had been instructed by the President to make contact with the Foreign Minister, Sif Finnhald.

She was wary of the other nations and only the presence of Carol Brathwaite, the only other person she knew there, reassured her.

Trying to be as unobtrusive as possible, she managed to move across the room and had a quiet word with the Prime Minister of Gynocracy.

"Good to see you, Carol," she said. "Do you know any of the other people here?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates