NATION

PASSWORD

The Youth Plot [closed, FT, C'tan]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

The Youth Plot [closed, FT, C'tan]

Postby Allanea » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:01 pm

In a large tree house, Weaver Colony, Allanea

Eric was oldest. Already seventeen years old, he stood out among the other Scouts - taller, better built, his left eyebrow gleaming with three steel piercings, he was handsome, fashionable, intelligent - and, of course, his family were rich by the standards of Weaver colony. His father was the Mayor of Weaverwille himself, who lead the resistance during the Apoctic invasion.

Right now, he was stretched out on the floor, waving a copy of The Patriotic Freeman. "Check this out." - he pointed to an artist's drawing of a necron ship, with the supposed locations of key systems marked out in bright green - "Those vessels' main advantage over ships built in Allanea is their superior power source. Procuring the secret of necron reactors had long been a goal for Allanean scientists..."

Sandra looked down on him from her perch on a large, cloth hassock. "And... I'm not sure where you're going with this?"

The other Scouts looked on their leader - it was almost inevitable that Eric was always accepted as the leader of the group - as he continued.

"Now, Sandra. Suppose we somehow had a necron ships. You think little Mr. Morgan here -" - he nodded at a younger Scout, aged perhaps sixteen, short and a bit wide - "Could pilot it if he got aboard? His Dad sent him through a piloting class... it's not much, but it could do."

"I suppose." - Sandra shrugged - "They might have some weird controls, but that ain't the point. The point is, how would Mike Morgan, or anybody else, get aboard a necron ship? And wouldn't all the necrons shoot him if he tried?"

Everybody laughed. For a second, Eric fell silent, as if inspecting Sandra's hair (or the right half of it, at least, painted bright pink). Then he asked:

"Now what if the necrons where all away elsewhere... say, on parade or something. Could Mike steal it then?"

"Maybe." -Mike shrugged - "But how would I get to Duat?"

"You wouldn't." - Eric shrugged - "I hear they mind-scan all tourists or something. But... suppose a necron cruiser touched down right here on Weaver. And the necrons were, say, distracted... do you think you could do it then?"

"Okay, Eric." - Michael Morgan looked perplexedly at the older man. - "What have you been smoking, and where can I get some?"

"The newspaper." - Eric reached behind his back, and then produced a wrinkled copy of the Weaver Courier. - "Here, please. Necron cruiser arriving in port next month on a friendly visit. Necrons to participate in joint parade to celebrate the anniversary of our victory over the Apoctis invasion."

"Happily," - he continued - "I have... connections. In other words, I have a key for a secondary gate. I copied it from a guy who works at my Dad's office."

There was a pause. Silence hung in the tree house, thin and tense like a stretched guitar string.

"Wow." - everyone said at once.

"You are... serious." - Sandra added.

"Yes. Better yet... I have a plan."

Over the next weeks, as older Allaneans prepared for the parade, small and interesting things occured.

For example, Headmaster Genk at the local high school lost the key to the school's emergency storage - where lasguns, grenades, and other weapons were kept in the case of a war. (Nobody dared call the Weaver residents paranoid after the Apoctis invasion). He found it two days later, and was far too busy preparing parade floats to check on the inventory. Later this would turn out to be a mistake.

Sandra Kowal - Eric Gardiner's young friend with the two-colored hair - had suddenly become far more involved with her Girl Scout troop. Soon - nobody quite knew how - she persuaded six other girls in her troop to volunteer work cleaning the trucks parked in one of the planet's militia bases. It was assumed by management that this was due to bursts of patriotism caused by the oncoming anniversary parade. Technically this even was true.

It was perhaps only due to the fixation of Weaverville authorities on the parade that nobody noticed that something was a bit off.
Last edited by Allanea on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Weaver Dockyards

Standing on a huge landing field the vast shape of the necron warship was surrounded with gantries and other paraphernalia for accessing it, part of its goodwill mission was planned tours of its interior, but it seemed that he impetuous youths had entirely caught the necrons napping.

In town, thousands of necrons, although their contribution to the actual battle of Weaver had been small, were marching in razor-straight ranks, accompanied by huge monoliths, obelisks and artillery pieces regularly breaking up the parade like floats in some civilian party.

The star of that show was a bloodletter of khorne in chains on a floating command barque, cowering in obvious and incredulous terror, surrounded by three necron lords. This creature taken in battle with the Apoctian forces and stabilized using certain experimental dark arts to hold it in place. It was said in the Book of Cowardice that Allaneans were the nightmare of the Khorne of this universe, their own practical style of war so inimical to the blood fueled creatures of the god of blood that they were incomprehensible creatures that inspired terror in the demons.

If that were so, then there could be no doubt that this creature was terrified and infuriated in equal measure by its treatment, stones, brickbats and fruit and worse hitting it as the parade went along in stately procession.

The whole affair was a naked display of militarism, and all the more popular for it.

Everyone, it seemed, on the planet was either there or watching it on holo. Even Anárion, the Honorary captain of the ship, was at the parade.

The necron ship was unguarded, wide portals yawning open and displaying the pitch black darkness inside, its access points guarded on either side by huge reliefs of necron warriors cutting down enemies, one with his axe-like bayonet, another with a ritual sickle, its external protective doors had been reconfigured into this shape to add a little more spectacle to the whole affair.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Weaver Dockyards

One of Eric's greatest achievements in this plot was getting himself a marching band. A real marching band!

Namely, of course, the Regimental Orchestra for the 46th Boy Scout Regiment. Right now, the Orchestra was perched in the rear of an open-topped truck, their instruments held at the ready, as the truck drove right up to the necron ship.

Following it were other trucks - at least two dozen trucks, driven sloppily by a set of amateur drivers. Some of the members of Eric's plot arrived in their own cars - a handful of pickup trucks and other equally stereotpical Weaverite vehicles were approaching from every direction. Observing scene, Eric pulled himself out of the driver's cabin of the orchestra truck - through the window, of course, and climbed on top of the compartment.

He looked every bit the part. A lasgun slung behind his back. M-grenades hanging on his chest, mixed with a vicious-looking knife and more power-packs for the lasgun than could be counted. He didn't wear a hat, letting his hair fly disheveled through the air.

"Musicians!" - he spoke. A voxaugment fixed to his collar made his voice sound far louder than nature, and it carried above the ranks, audible to almost every corner of the dock - "Some of you, I know, have expressed sadness that you will not be able to play at the parade. Well, comrades, I hereby grant you a bigger honor. You will play at our victory."

He turned to the other trucks, from which Boy Scouts (and Girl Scouts too!) were already dismounting, leaping down to the ground and forming into neat parade-ground squares.

"Scouts! You know your duty! Fix bayonets!"

Then the sound came - a sound like the clicking of the mandibles of hundreds of hungry insects - a sound that, had the Khorne demon in the parade were to hear it, would make it weep in sheer terror - the sound of eight hundred Allaneans fixing bayonets to their rifles.

"Sandra! Mike! Jeremy! Lina! Follow me!" - he leaped off the truck. To be truthful, the leap - all the way from the truck roof to the ground - resounded painfully in the young man's feet, but now was not the time. "The rest! Charge! For the Emperor and for Freedom! Orchestra! Play!"

And so, with the tune of 'The Free Woman's Farewell', a wave of beige-clad youths rushed into every opening on the ship. Flash-bang grenades preceded their coming.

The band truck turned and rolled slowly into the ship's cargo opening, with the band still playing. But even the band's amplifiers and loudspeakers struggled to overtake the cry of eight hundred young throats:

"Ourrrraaaaah! For the Emperor! Ourraaaaaaah!"
Last edited by Allanea on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm

General Policy & Strategy Planning Group Back & Forth

Militarist-Interventionist Political Interest Group Server - Official

WARNING: THIS SERVER IS A REGISTERED VOTE-PLANNING DISCUSSION GROUP, RATED FOR DISCUSSION OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, REGISTERED WITH INTERNAL SECURITY AGENCY MONITORING, ADMINISTERED BY XOLOTL WORLDMIND. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS FROM THIS SERVER IS A TREASONOUS OFFENSE.

ACCESS TO THIS SERVER IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO FULL CITIZENS OF THE NECRONTYR EMPIRE OR CITIZENS OF AFFILIATED STATES WHO POSSESS ISA3 SECURITY CLEARANCE. PLEASE ENTER ORIGIN CODE 1 - C'TAN, 2 - MENELMACAR, 3 - INDIASTAN, 5 - KAJAL, 6 - DELTA ZETA FOUR, 7 - OTHER.

SELECT ORIGIN CODE: done - accepted
ENTER ACCESS CODE: done - accepted
ENTER GENETIC SEQUENCE / AI IMPRIMATUR: done - accepted
VERIFY IDENTITY: done - accepted

ID FORMAT <Handle/Name/Rank, Position, etc/Service, Status, etc/Nationality>
YOUR ID <Scintillating Scintilla/Aiofe Armengarde/Rogue Trader/Civilian/C'tan-Aligned-Polity>

Registered users, 785,024,783 [385,897,965 online, 8,391,246 active, current potential vote 218,479,663/5,151,977]

752,858 discussion channels.

Joining #FreestianGoodwillOps
Current Channel Membership, 98,421 32,111 active (57,221/15,758 vote potential)
Displaying FriendGroup Messages

Topic: "For twice seven years of exile wear, The coat of bark and matted hair ~ Good Luck Telissat."

<Big Book of War/Erisavenus/Ship Mind/Military/C'tani>
What the... hell. [datum]

<HarpLady/Rissa'c/Ship Mind/Military/C'tani>
Que?

<KillSat/Telissat/Ship Mind/Military/C’tani>
Oh sweet Ragce - I just looked at that tri-D.

That is brilliant. I mean... brilliant. Look at them.

<Sneaky Bird/Jack Snipe/Senior Principal/Bureaucrat/C'tani>
I... what.

<OpPlanModesty/Cyrus Nozick/GP&S Member/Civillian/C'tani>
I knew it. Operation Modesty begins! FEAR! FEAR! Didn't I tell you? I told you this would happen, you all laughed at the glorious reckless audacity that is Operation Modesty but here we are, prepare for battle comrades, to arms, to arms!.

<Sneaky Bird/Jack Snipe/Senior Principal/Bureaucrat/C'tani>
Madness. Glorious madness. To war! Where's my body armour!

<Big Pwnie/Stormin'/Captain-General/Night Guard/Principality of Luna>
I... what... tell me this is a joke. Please?

I'm not detecting any other attacks. I think this is... over eagerness.

Why haven't you squashed them yet?

That seems a bit drastic. They're kids.

Kids old enough to shoot you. Death's breath what is with people these days? First you're letting Freestians out, then letting Freestian torturers live, then letting people who invade a warship not die. A bit of mercy is one thing, but at this rate people will start taking us for chumps.

Fine, I'll give them a hard time, just for you. Activating scarab hives.

Let me guess, you're playing with them.

We're doomed. We're all doomed. Man the barricades and give them hell!

<Scintillating Scintilla/Aiofe Armengarde/Rogue Trader/Civilian/C'tan-Aligned-Polity>
'Twas funny the first time, Nozick.

Are you kidding? This situation is comedy gold. Eris, you need to start thinking about film rights.

__ __ ___ __ __

The empty corridors of the necron ship resounded to the sound of flash-bangs, which echoed back from the dark reaches of the ship without challenge.

It was only as they proceeded deeper inside that the sound of thousands of scarabs could be heard, swarming like antibodies out towards the infection of the Allaneans. They were instructed not to attack, but the Allaneans would hardly know that...
Last edited by The Ctan on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Aboard the Erisavenus, Command Team location

A sharp, near-ultrasonic scream echoed through the corridors as the Scouts noticed the new threat bearing down on them.

“It's Marie,” - Sandra noted, her own voice reflecting a tinge of... not concern, but fear. - “She's... never liked spiders much.”

“Oh glorious.” - Eric shrugged. He was certainly not afraid of spiders. In a single, fluid movement, he ripped off an M-grenade off his tactical vest, twisting its handle to activate a firing mechanism. He filled his lungs with the cool, dry, air, and shouted.

“Scouts! Follow your maps! Activate powerbayonets! For the Emperor and for freedom!”

With that, he threw the M-grenade into the darkness of the corridor.

“Shield your eyes!”

The flash was terrifying. Flaming scarab parts were thrown past, and for a brief moment, the scurrying noises made by the little creatures died down.

“Forward! Urrraaaah!”

The bayonets of the advancing Scouts turned to a frightening blue glow – like St. Elmo's fires. In this state, they could slash through the ceramite armor of a Traitor Marine – or, in this case, stab a scarab. Some unsheathed their infantry shovels, which hung upside down on their backs for just this kind of encounter. Others readied flamers and lasguns.

Already the flashes of laser beams and the red glow of burning promethium began to light up the inside of the necrontyr ship.

To every outward appearance, the Scouts were now engaged in pitched battle.

“For fuck sake, why does it have to be so dark?” - Eric asked nobody in particular, as he ripped a scarab off his shoulder – with quite a bit of clothing to go along – and then smashed it with the blade of his shovel - “When we take the fucking ship, I'm going to have fucking lights installed fucking everywhere. Surely it can fab us some fucking lights!” - he swiped with the shovel at another target.

Above him, lasbolts hissed through the air.

“Good going, Sandra!” - he called - “Mike, stay back! We need you to pilot the ship! And, in the Emperor's name, more grenades! More grenades!”

A second later, when the battle died down for a few moments, the Scouts took cover behind a corner. From a pocket in his tactical vest, Eric withdraw a piece of glossy paper – a 'tourist flyer' depicting a rough map of the ship. These had been distributed on stands at the entrances aboard the ship, and, naturally, every last one of these maps have been commandeered in the name of the Allanean Republic and the Adolescent Emperor.

“Very well. We go down this corridor, up those stairs here, and we end up perhaps five hundred yards from the bridge. They don't seem to know what our plan quite is, or we'd see more than just some Scarabs.”

“Or perhaps we still have surprise.”

“Perhaps. Now, forward! We'll be there soon!”

From somewhere deep in the bowels of the ship, the shouts of other Scouts reverberated – the deep, long “Hurrah” of several hundred throats.

“Ah.” - mused Eric. - “The Allanean 'hurrah'. They can't stomach the Allanean 'hurrah', these necrons! Forward!'
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 pm

Something rather more than scarabs waited at the bridge of the necron ship.

They had served the dark will of the C'tan for millions of years. Eyes dark as night, mouths no more than sword-cuts in their death masks.

Soul-less.

Personal Guard to Emperor Ranisath himself.

The Necron Warrior-Elite.

The deadliest fighting force in all the universe.

The Immortals.

The Allaneans would put their name to the test.

The necrons were huge, silver death masks swivelling this way and that as they held their guns at the ready, a casual hip-shooting stance that was iconic in their depictions. The moment the scouts stepped into view they were met with a fusillade of fire from the trio of necrons, who stomped toward them with deliberately heavy tread.

Where their weapons flashed, a terrible ripping sound echoed, and the stuttering automatic fire lanced down the corridor shedding flickering shadows across the hallways.

Set as they were to a demonstration mode, these weapons were actually aimed not to hit the scouts, but the Allaneans didn't need to know that. and probably assumed a high miss ratio was normal for the necrons.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 pm

The approaches to the bridge

“Your M-grenades!”- Eric shouted - “Give them to me!”

Rolling behind a corner to avoid the hail of enemy fire, Sandra was the first to send three M-grenades rolling across the ship's glossy, obsidian-like floor. Mike supplied three more Grinning, the Boy Scout leader tied them to his own grenades with a length of cord. Some fumbling – and he set off their fuzes. Then, with a powerful swing, he threw the entire bundle of grenades around the corner.

There was a powerful explosion – ear-shattering even by an Allanean standard. Smoke and living metal fragments flew down the corridor past our intrepid crew.

“Fuck.” - Eric commented. - “My wrist is all fucked now.” - he waved his injured limb. - “On the other hand.... we are close.”

Sandra filled her lungs again, shouting a slogan she remembered seeing in a war documentary about the Freemen's Crusade:

“The Claws are Bared!”

Eric's grin became vicious. He knew this one too:

“And the Sword Outstretched!”

He steadied himself. Somewhere about the ship, his faithful men – he began to think of them as 'his men' already – were now preparing for the final struggle. The assault on the bridge. He had to be with them.

“Forward!”- he struggled to his feet - “The bridge is right here! The Emperor needs this ship!”
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:22 pm

An Immortal surged back to its feet, outer skin running like water, flowing up against the pull of gravity, back into place, becoming solid once more over its chest. Too late, though, it seemed, as a viscious shovel strike leved its head around and off in an impressive shower of green sparks. Its body toppled to the ground and vanished as it was recalled, with its comrades, back to the tomb it came from.

Impressive doors stood open leading to the primary bridge, part of the crew area here

The Bridge of the Necron Warship was occupied by a single necrontyr, sat in the command chair surrounded by dozens of switches and controls, screens showing the ship ready to fly.

"I say, does he?" the ship's avatar said, channeling every aspect of a stereotypical, Midlonian or Questarian stiff-upper lip. "He could bloody well have asked!"

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Rarely had an entrance been more rude.

In a brief instant, the necrontyr had been surrounded by young men and women, guns of every conceivable description pointed at him, their bayonets gleaming in the reflected light of the ship controls. Eric, meanwhile, drew a pistol with his left hand (his right still hurt somewhat after that throw), and aimed it at the necrontyr's face in a duelist's pose.

“Sir, I presume you are the captain of this vessel. I will be taking you prisoner in the Emperor's name. You have my word that you will be treated in a humane fashion.”

Two more Boy Scouts burst into the room.

“Explosives. Fix them to anything that looks important.” - Eric said. Even as the two newcomers rushed through the room, the Boy Scout continued.

“Please be kind and activate manual control. We will be taking the ship from here. Oh and... if you can be so kind...

Get the fuck out of that seat.”

Aboard the ship, the hundreds of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts now changed direction. They moved through the vessel, mapping any new corridors or passages, and of course fixing explosive charges or M-grenades to anything that looked important.
Last edited by Allanea on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Toussaint Louverture School, Vyasastan, Kaurava I, Lithesh Sector, Ancestral Protectorate

The classroom was a pavilion, in a mixture of Imperial Gothic and Noldorin styles, typical of the new architecture, with limited influence from traditional necrontyr and other styles. Its inhabitants were a mixed group of humans, elves and necrontyr. All in all, there were twelve children in the class, a number that would have been higher were three of them not been busy playing truant (something tolerated within reason at this age), a number selected to maximise the social development while balancing it against teacher time. Some classes had more teachers and students both, usually at the same ratio. The class was covering the history of the quel'dorei a minor race in the nation's mix, whom had been evacuated from a planet invaded by undead creatures.

"And so we see by Avinna Morningray's story, the benefits of a well prepared defensive strategy, and the willingness to continue fighting," the teacher said, as a holographic first-hand account ended. "Your thoughts, class?"

"How many did she actually kill in that trap?" one young girl asked.

"Four in the mined hallway, seventeen or eighteen in the stairwell," a voice said, and one of Erisavenus' avatars, a necrontyr man, apparently, stepped into the room. The ship had led the rescue operation on that world. "Even I couldn't tell in the time available. There's only so much you can do to work out the mass of a cluster of undead hit by an inferno-spiker."

Education for every kind of C'tani citizen was universal in glorifying resistance, non compliance with enemies, and ideally, their destruction.

Simultaneously, tens of thousands of light years away, Erisavenus' bridge avatar did precisely what a graduate of such a school would (or rather, one of the milder things they might do).

"No," he said, looking up at the Allanean bayonets, "I will not. This is an outrage. Leave now."

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:48 pm

"Very well," - Eric said in a reconciliatory tone, lowering his pistol. For a brief moment it appeared that the standoff had -

"GRAB HIM!"

Several young hands and arms grabbed the avatar from every direction. An unaugmented human would have found it difficult to resist a dozen adolescent opponents grabbing them at once. The avatar found itself simply hoisted on the backs of several young people who proceeded to move it off the command chair and into a corner.

"Rope!"

Slim lines of military cord slid around the avatar's hands within seconds, tying them together - but carefully, not to cut off circulation - and then tying them to its legs. Freeing itself would now become quite difficult - a regular human being would still be able to walk - slowly - and to hold their hands in front of them, but any complex actions would become nearly impossible. The knots were of such a make that even the boy who tied them would prefer to simply cut them off than try to undo them.

"Mike! Take the helm!" - Eric motioned - and then turned to the avatar.

"Good friend, I hope you understand that we hold no hostility to you personally. We are merely patriotic Freemen and Freewomen, doing our duty to our country as you do it for yours. Now, comply with my reasonable requests and I promise you as the commander of this mission you will be treated humanely and reasonably and that I will ask the same for you when I turn you over to military authorities. As a first gesture, you should activate manual access - unless you want us to blow up the ship, that is."
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:51 am

"Manual Access?" Erisavenus' avatar smirked, "Single user mode is the fourth button from the center on the left armrest of the control throne. I'm sure you'll figure it out from there."

When that key was depressed, angular parts of its filigree on the arms shifted and changed, parts of it sliding over the other in front of the pilot, the previous small controls folding down, disappearing under the armrests. In front of the chair, a small panel appeared, seeming to come from innumerable small interlocking parts. On its golden surface, a variety of small displays and instruments appeared. This was normal, but it did mean that Mike was trapped in the chair at least until he worked out how to reverse it.

The room around them disappeared into absolute darkness, and several floating holographic images, two-dimensional, displayed images of the craft itself, and the harbor outside. These images surrounded and cut through (harmlessly) some of the others in the room, and pitched the necrontyr-avatar and anyone not standing exactly next to Mike and the Command Throne into an artificial darkness that seemed absolute, as it was not mere darkness but a darkfield that drank light straight out of the air. Normally it wouldn't be so extreme, but the ship saw a prospect for amusement, as he moved through the holographic darkness, jumping to his feet and shoulder charging one of the scouts, registering bullet impacts (the guns didn't visibly flash, the light absorbed within the weapons)

The sound in the room was formidable, though, accompanied by the bizzare sound of someone hopping, and another sound joined it, one of a door opening. One of the scouts felt a tussle that seemed implausibly quick and dexterous, and gunshots sounded.

The avatar of Erisavenus was aware of the implausibility of its actions, it could not have accomplished such a task, it beggared belief, and it was damaged, the side door, which it had shot the controls of (that would normally do nothing, but it amused him) had slammed shut behind him, and he was now in glorified closet, to which he altered the molecular structure to form a hatch and ladder.

He hoped to liven things up by giving them a chase, even if it was rather... cinematic.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Swearing in the darkness, Erik burst out suddenly into the lit portion of the room. “Hold fire! Not a man shoot!” - he shouted, and then spoke into the comm-bead:

Attention, everybody. We have an escaped POW somewhere near the bridge. Bridge guards should keep themselves on high alert. Send a platoon to search the vicinity. Use the tour maps to search the general area of the bridge. Use your flash-bangs and butt-stocks first. Cover each other.”

With that simple topic addressed, he turned to Mike: “Pilot Morgan, prepare us for takeoff.”

“Aye-aye, Sir!” - Mike smiled, grabbing for the controls.

The plan was simple: grab the joystick. Pull on it gradually and push the throttle buttons. Were Erisavenus a standard spacecraft, this would send it into a dangerous, 'candle'-like upwards climb.

Up, up, and away!

Somewhere, in a cargo space aboard the Erisavenus, the band is still playing.
Last edited by Allanea on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:54 pm

The Necrontyr starship took to the air without much sound, moving silently as it ascended from the docks, mooring stanchions disconnecting automatically as it ascended skywards, its consciousness limiting its speed around the settled area and making its ascent relatively sluggish as the screens visible on the bridge showed the upper atmosphere receding to the blackness of open space.

Below decks, if it could be called that, searches found nothing at all, it was as though the escapee had simply disappeared, which indeed he had, as Erisavenus had its avatar phased back to a storage cradle.

The ship assumed a vector indicated by its controls, doubtless setting off alarms throughout the system, and rather rapidly, it began to communicate its apologies to Weaver Planetary Defence, claiming that it was being kidnapped...

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:27 pm

«Yeeeeeee-haw!” - shouted the pilot as the spacecraft rose out of orbit.

«Hurrah! We did it!” - Eric was the first to shout, and the Scouts throughout the ship let off cheers. Some hugged, kissed, patted each other on the back. Sandra launched herself at Eric, planting a kiss on his lips in exhilaration. Even the band broke off its playing to launch into cheers.

After a while, the cheering died down.

“Very well.” - said Eric. - “Keep looking for the prisoner. We all know we don't want him to sneak up on us and do some kind of action hero stuff.”

“Erisavenus, this is Weaver Planetary Defense Station Alpha, confirm previous broadcast? Have you been kidnapped?” - the Allanean sounded perplexed at the suggestion. Should I relay this information to your ground personnel and Necrontyr authorities?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:17 am

"Well, not quite. But they're trying so hard that it felt churlish to simply tell them to go away. The situation's fine, I'm merely letting them think it's working. They'll be back home in no time."

It let the scouts have their moment, briefly.

On the bridge another holographic image appeared, this one of the pinwheel of the galaxy, with dozens and dozens of stars indicated in green, in truth only a fraction of the actual sits that the ship would normally go to were indicated, for many of the activities of the necrontyr fleet were actually secret, and it had no desire to display their locations.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 am

“Pilot Morgan, I believe what what have here is a navigation interface. Take us to Earth,” - spoke Eric - “They will not dare to pursue us under the guns of Minas-Faerie.”

“Aye aye, Captain!” - Mike says as he begins prodding around with the alien control interface.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates