NATION

PASSWORD

Marriage of a Prince (OPEN, MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Marriage of a Prince (OPEN, MT)

Postby Beldonia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 pm

After months of endless preparation, the big day was finally here. Prince Levi of Beldonia was to be married to Lady Aiko in the Catholic Cathedral of Benry. The entire royal family, famous Beldonians and members of the Zhenghouan nobility were all in attendance. The cathedral choir was ready to sing as Aiko walked in. At the age of ninety-four, Archbishop Philip was going to perform the mass and wed the couple.

Levi, dressed in a morning coat and sporting a thin goatee, looked out at the public. All waited eagerly for him to marry his girlfriend of almost three years. He glanced at Harold Milner, his best man. Harold, in his military dress, grinned at him. "You ready?" he asked goodnaturedly.

"I guess so," Levi said. "I'm pretty nervous."

"Don't be," Harold said. "It'll be fine. You'll get married, and we'll all have a great time at the reception later."

"If you say so," Levi said.

"I do," Harold said. "Trust me."

Levi looked at the rest of his groomsmen. His brothers, King Reuben and Prince Simeon; brother-in-law, Baron Michael and his nephews, Princes Gary and Thomas. He looked at Aiko's bridesmaids, his sisters. They look nice, he thought. I wonder what Aiko's dress will look like. Elisabeth, who had helped Aiko with her dress, was keeping her mouth shut.

"She's coming!" shouted Anthony, one of Levi's second cousins. "She's coming!"

"Turn around, Levi," the king said. "Let's get it started."

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Kaiser Alexander Dietrich VI sat in a row close to the front of the church and smiled as he saw the bride come forward he nodded at the bride before returning his gaze back to the front, Alexanders wife grabbed his arm closely and kissed him on his beard covered cheek. Alexander returned the kiss before fixing his ceremonial pickelhaube and his ceremonial uniform, Alexander leaned over to his wife and whispered in her ear "Such a beautiful bride for a young man." Alexanders wife smiled at him and hugged him closer to her body.

Slivary
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Slivary » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

President McCoy sat in his study watching the wedding. He was unable to attend because of the important bill in the Senate. He thaguht it was wonderful and the bride and groom looked good together. He drafted a letter.

From the Desk of the President

I extend my greatest congratulations to the new couple. As a gift, I gladly give 100,000 legionars (slivarian currency) to the newest prince and princess.
May God bless you with many long years together,
President Kevin McCoy
Last edited by Slivary on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eboinland
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 pm

"Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus..."
The young King of Eboinland said a quick prayer in his pew, as was traditional for Eboinians at this point in the wedding.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill."
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 am

Lady Aiko smiled as she was walked up to the altar by her father Baron Goken Nakumaura, who wore a frock coat. The old man had silver hair and smiled and nodded at all the dignitaries, taking advantage of the limelight.
Aiko was beautiful, she had her hair styled differently and wore a crown of daisies, carnations, and lilac. her white dress had a 10 foot train, carried by three attendants.
she arrived at the altar and smiled at her groom
Info/ contacts
Contact Zhenghou Wao Dynasty
Emperor: Wao Tze
Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera, in he Words of the King of Siam in the King and I
LMS
Join the League of Monarchist States, then move to its region, Monarchist Continent and Archipelago
for more on LMS contact me, Darmen, Sensimillistan, or Ambrosius Aurelandius

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 am

In accordance with Beldonian tradition, Levi had to be facing away from the bride while she was walking in. He turned around to see Aiko, looking as beautiful as she ever did. He gave her a small smile as Atchbishop Philip began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the old man said. "We are gathered here to perform and watch the sacrement of holy matrimony join the lives of His Royal Highness Prince Levi and Lady Aiko. I now give you His Lordship Michael, Viscount Scarborugh."

Michael, Alison's wife and Levi's brother-in-law, walked to a podium. "A reading from Saint Paul's first letter to the Corinthians," he said. "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. The word of the Lord."

The people in the audience who knew to do so said in unison, "Thanks be to God."

Archbishop Philip began to speak again. "Your highness," he said. "Will you have Lady Aiko as your wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep you only unto her, so long as you both shall live?"

"I will," Levi said.

"Lady Aiko," Philip continued. "Will you have His Royal Highness Prince Levi as thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep you only unto him, so long as you both shall live?"

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm

"i do" said Aiko
Info/ contacts
LMS
Join the League of Monarchist States, then move to its region, Monarchist Continent and Archipelago

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Kaiser Alexander Dietrich the VI and his wife smiled with joy as Lady Aiko said "I do." he hugged his wife deeply before returning his gaze to the altar, Queen Victoria Dietrich returned the hug before kissing him on his bearded cheek "They look lovely together honey." Alexander nodded at his wife and kissed her on her soft cheek.

Eboinland
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

The king of Eboinland immediately ordered a bottle of the finest 140 year-old rum to be sent to the newlyweds. Even if they wouldn't drink it, it would fetch a high price for the couple.
Last edited by Eboinland on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill."
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:32 pm

About an hour later, everyone was at the reception. Dinner was to be served, with appetizers being served beforehand. "How does it feel to have finally tied the knot?" Harold asked Levi.

"Feels good," Levi said. "Real good. I'm glad to have gotten it over with."

"Well, I'm happy for you," Harold replied. He went off to talk with Simeon.

Meanwhile, Elisabeth stood off to the side by herself. She had a blissful smile on her face. If there was one thing that she loved more than weddings, it was wedding receptions. She had planned this with minimal help from others, and it was turning out great. Reuben walked up to her. "Don't think I haven't noticed you over here," he said with a smile. "This is fantastic."

"Thanks, Reuben," she said. "I can't believe how good it's turned out...no problems, nothing's gone wrong."

"I reckon that we'll have dinner soon. Harold and Aiko's sister will say their toasts, and then I'll give Levi and Aiko their new titles."

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Aiko sat down at the table, she had changed into a white dress without a train. She held her Levi's hand and offered him a kiss. Soonout came the food, Hantzan pork, Shrimp Wellington, Steak de Onyon (broiled steak wrapped in spring onions), Snails, Duck l'orange, Duck Hyung Moo, Sishun (zhenghouan dumplings), and many vegetables.
the Emperor of Zhenghou walked over to Reuben with his son Crown Prince Lun and shook his hand heartily. "hello your majesty, this is my son, Lun, he's 15, do you think there are any eligible ladies here for him to dance with?"
Info/ contacts
LMS

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Kaiser Alexander Dietrich VI noticed the bride he smiled and walked over while his wife talked to other women from the wedding, Alexanders ceremonial saber bounced against his leg while he made his way to Lady Aiko "Why hello beautiful lady." Alexander bowed and kissed lady Aiko hand and looked back up at here "May you have many years of happiness in your marriage." Alexander pulled a golden cross covered in rubies out of his coat and handed it to Lady Aiko "From the people of Treko." Alexander placed it in Lady Aiko lap.

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Treko wrote:Kaiser Alexander Dietrich VI noticed the bride he smiled and walked over while his wife talked to other women from the wedding, Alexanders ceremonial saber bounced against his leg while he made his way to Lady Aiko "Why hello beautiful lady." Alexander bowed and kissed lady Aiko hand and looked back up at here "May you have many years of happiness in your marriage." Alexander pulled a golden cross covered in rubies out of his coat and handed it to Lady Aiko "From the people of Treko." Alexander placed it in Lady Aiko lap.

Lady Aiko was pleased with the cross
"thank you, this cross is the most beautiful i've ever seen. thank you."
she took a piece of crepe paper from her purse and made a small paper crane
"to you, a humble thanks, you may keep this crane"
Info/ contacts
LMS

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Reuben nodded at them both. "Good to meet you," he said. "Regrettably, I can't name any girls in my family who are your son's age. In three years, he'll be able to pursue whoever he wants. Excuse me."

Reuben tapped on a microphone. "Can I have everybody's attention, please? Levi and Aiko, come on up here." The newly married couple advanced to where Reuben was standing. The king turned to Levi. "I hereby dub you His Royal Highness Prince Levi Thomas Philip Donald, Duke of Trainta, Earl of Faxhold, Baron Westfalls." He then turned to Aiko. "I hereby dub you Aiko, Duchess of Trainta, Countess of Faxhold, Baroness Westfalls."

After dubbing, Reuben turned back to the crowd. "Give them a hand, folks!" he said. The crowd oblidged. "Now let's go eat!"

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Zhenghou Wao dynasty wrote:
Treko wrote:Kaiser Alexander Dietrich VI noticed the bride he smiled and walked over while his wife talked to other women from the wedding, Alexanders ceremonial saber bounced against his leg while he made his way to Lady Aiko "Why hello beautiful lady." Alexander bowed and kissed lady Aiko hand and looked back up at here "May you have many years of happiness in your marriage." Alexander pulled a golden cross covered in rubies out of his coat and handed it to Lady Aiko "From the people of Treko." Alexander placed it in Lady Aiko lap.

Lady Aiko was pleased with the cross
"thank you, this cross is the most beautiful i've ever seen. thank you."
she took a piece of crepe paper from her purse and made a small paper crane
"to you, a humble thanks, you may keep this crane"

Alexander smiled at Lady Aiko and cupped his black gloved hands around the paper crane and picked it up and admired it "What a lovely piece of art Lady Aiko." Alexander bowed towards Lady Aiko before putting the paper crane safely in his coat "You and your family are always welcome at the royal house of the Kaiser." As Alex was going to kiss her hand again she left and stood on the podium.

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Aiko said to Levi "i feel like i've begun anew. i think i feel great. i really liked the reading at the ceremony, didn't you?" she said, grabbing a piece of Hantzan pork "what did you get to eat" she asked
The Emperor and his son sat with Reuben. "d'you think there are other boys and girls his age at this party?" The Emperor asked
Info/ contacts
LMS

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Zhenghou Wao dynasty wrote:Aiko said to Levi "i feel like i've begun anew. i think i feel great. i really liked the reading at the ceremony, didn't you?" she said, grabbing a piece of Hantzan pork "what did you get to eat" she asked
The Emperor and his son sat with Reuben. "d'you think there are other boys and girls his age at this party?" The Emperor asked

"Oh yeah, Mike's fantastic," Levi said. "Wonderful reading." He glanced at his plate. "I took a little of everything. It all looks great." He cleared his throat and made sure no one was eavesdropping. "I'd like to discuss having a family a little later. I think that we should consider it."

"Not in my personal family, I'm sorry to say," Reuben said. "But there are lots more guests. Talk to Princess Elisabeth, my sister. She made a lot of the guest list."

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 pm

"that would be nice, should we have children or adopt, hard to decide" said Aiko, Sipping white wine

Crown Prince Lun walked up to Princess Elisabeth
"good evening your highness. are there any girls my age at this party?"
Info/ contacts
LMS

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Zhenghou Wao dynasty wrote:"that would be nice, should we have children or adopt, hard to decide" said Aiko, Sipping white wine

Crown Prince Lun walked up to Princess Elisabeth
"good evening your highness. are there any girls my age at this party?"

"I would much rather have my own kids," Levi replied. "Be fertile and multiply." He took a sip of beer. "Why? You're interested in adopting?"

Elisabeth laughed at the prince, not knowing that he was a royal. "What a sweet boy you are!" she said. "I'm sure there are. Um...yes! The king of Great Hapsburgh has a daughter. She's over there." Elisabeth pointed at the girl.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:44 pm

As Alexander made his way back to the table where he was assigned and sat down followed by his wife who came and sat next to him "Where are the children." Just when Queen Victoria spoke Alexanders son Prince Kristofer Von Dietrich II and his daughter Princess Anna Dietrich walked through the door and hugged their father from behind "Hello father and Mother." Alexander smiled and hugged his daughter and his son "I want you to meet someone." Alexander led his children to Lady Aiko and presented them "My dear Lady Aiko these are my darling children Prince Kristofer Von Dietrich II and Princess Anna Dietrich." The children both bowed in their ceremonial dress and uniform.

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Aiko said "you must mean be fruitful and multiply" she said "i love this pork". At this Aiko got up to greet the Trekoan King's children
"hello children, it's a pleasure you could come"

The prince was wearing a tuxedo with a sash and medal around his neck. he walked to the princess and bowed, "hello, your ladyship, i'm Prince Lun of Zhenghou, what is your name"
Info/ contacts
LMS

Beldonia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Levi chuckled and walked away. Aiko was getting more attention than he was. No matter, he thought. Levi was shy, and never much liked being the center of attention. He sipped his champagne and popped a bit of fried calamari in his mouth. Reuben, noticing his brother wander off, went up to him. "What's wrong, buddy?" he asked.

"Nothing much," Levi said. "I guess that I'm a bit surprised that Aiko is getting all this attention. I'm the prince here."

Reuben laughed. "Levi," he said. "You've been to tons of royal weddings. At mine, they didn't give me a thought, and I was next in line to be king! All they cared about was Steph, Steph's dress, all that stuff! At Natalie's, did people care about Mang? Heck no! And while Mike was popular than most grooms at his wedding, he didn't eclipse Ali! You get me?"

"You mean that people only care about brides?" Levi asked.

"Exactly!" Reuben said. "There you go! Now get back to the table! Beldonian men don't not finish Hantzan Pork. Finish, lest you make dad roll in his grave!"

Levi walked back to the table and sat next to Aiko.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Zhenghou Wao dynasty wrote:Aiko said "you must mean be fruitful and multiply" she said "i love this pork". At this Aiko got up to greet the Trekoan King's children
"hello children, it's a pleasure you could come"

The prince was wearing a tuxedo with a sash and medal around his neck. he walked to the princess and bowed, "hello, your ladyship, i'm Prince Lun of Zhenghou, what is your name"

Both of the children bowed towards Lady Aiko "It is are pleasure to finally meet you Lady Aiko." Princess Anna noticed a boy walk up to her and introduced himself, Princess Anna blushed at the boy "I'm Princess Anna Dietrich of Treko nice to meet you." Anna bowed at the boy, Prince Kristofer Noticed Anna blushing at the boy and smiled before returning his gaze back to Lady Aiko.

Zhenghou Wao dynasty
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhenghou Wao dynasty » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Aiko dran a sip of wine. "this food is very good. how's about i make some hantzan pork for you tommorow" she said.

The teenaged Prince said to Anna, himself blushing "would you care for a dance milady" he was a very handsome boy for his age, thin, somewhat muscular, and a good dancer
Info/ contacts
LMS

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Princess Anna nodded nervously at Lun "I...I would love to Lun." She walked towards Lun and took his hand, Kaiser Alexander Von Dietrich VI noticed his daughter begin to dance with Princes Lun he smiled.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates