NATION

PASSWORD

Peace Summit. (Restricted.)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Knootoss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Sol Bella wrote:OOC:
They're just personal shields. It's not liek she hooved 'em out in bulk for military use.

Besides, what, did yo uwant to assasinate them or something?

OOC: Since godmoding and metagaming are closely related, as they have proven to be in the case of my OOC discussion with Luna, I'll decline to mention my plans, thank you.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Knootoss wrote:For the record, I would suggest that nobody else playing an antagonist to the ponies bother interacting with them either, if they have to be INVINCIBLE and UNABLE TO BE SCANNED as well as magical and having instant teleportation portals and all the other canon stuff.

OOC: Meh, I can take it. :)
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

OOC: To elaborate, he said he wanted to steal genetic samples, I mentioned that Luna herself would certainly be carrying a magical device to prevent any matter removed from her body (or FT scans and similar) from retaining any genetic material whatsoever, leaving any hair, dust, spit, fur, extracted blood, or anything else, utterly free of DNA, RNA, Mitochondrial DNA and anything similar.

This has been an IC policy of mine for many OOC years, after a thread where Sirithil, the leader of Menelmacar was cloned and the clones sold as slaves, to furnish any diplomat with protection against a repeat. Needless to say, this is expected. For the record, it also alerts the wearer should anyone try extracting anything from their body..

The rage ensued when he mentioned that he'd try it on someone else, and I suggested it may possibly affect the ponies with her (it is magic after all) possibly including Twilight, Toffee and the others. The possibly comes from the fact that it'd be entirely up to the players involved if they'd want to say their characters were affected by my counter and not have the Knootians vivisecting clones of their leaders.

He was most unhappy at the idea that 'wank' I had would be shared. I happened to mention that the pendants Luna's been giving to her friends are personal shield devices (of a somewhat limited capacity) and that she's already sharing the super-technology, in expectation of this all going horribly horribly wrong - all players who've received such items were TGed with an explanation.

I would say this is wank, but as my nation has already helped clean up one massively high profile clone-the-national leader incident (the leaders of that effort imprisoned in a dungeon on an ice moon they were banished to) and it's been a policy I've mentioned in chats with various people at times, I don't see any issues with saying my people are prepared for repeats. It's rather like how the many world leaders stopped using open topped cars after the Kennedy assassination.
Last edited by Princess Luna on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pony Principality of Princess Luna
"Luna is the most revered pony in the whole pony world." ~ Lanos
Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:12 pm

TurtleShroom wrote:(OOC: I work around the thirty minute limit by typing in Word and pasting.)

Hippostania wrote:''Course of this revolution?'' asked Toffee. ''The course of this revolution is to teach the humans the gift of harmony. This includes honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, loyalty and magic. While most people claim to know and use these traits, it is not true. We can see from hundreds of crimes committed in Hippostania that the humankind hasn't learned this yet. Our task is to share this knowledge with the Hippostanians, so we can build a better Hippostania together''. Toffee looked at Virtahepo.

''Uhmm, yes, indeed.'' said Virtahepo very quietly. ''While the revolution was indeed.. unexpected, this harmony-thingy looks pretty nice.. Magic especially, ponies have taught lots of interesting things.'' Virtahepo's voice slowly kept getting quieter until in the end it was barely audible.

“NOW JUST HOLD UP THERE A MINUTE!” Human Johnson shouted as loud as a turtle could possibly screech. Kohl was woken up, and he looked around.

“There ain’t nothin’ good to come out of black magic! Sorcery is a work of pure evil, and I frankly don’t care whatevuh deity ya’ll subscribe to, magic’s still a means to control others all unnatural-like!”

There was a pause as the turtle hissed at Toffee and caught his breath.

“Magic? MAGIC?! I thought ya’ll’s ‘Friendship is Magic’ maxim was just some sorta catchy slogan to promote yer cause! Now I know it ain’t, and I condemn it! Magic’s forty years in tha clink where I come from!”

“Human, cool yer jets!” Kohl responded, yelling at his partner. “There are tales of folks a-magickin’ in some sort of ‘white’ spectrum. Still evil, but they somehow re-route the dark sin into healin’ mortal bodies. We cain’t immediately assume they’re witches.”

Kohl joined his fingers together as he rested his hands on the table.

“I’m not sure any of ya’ll know much ‘bout TurtleShroom, but if them World Assembly liberals are ta be believed, we’re one of the least corrupt nations in this here universe.”

A bodyguard handed him a chart for the “Most Corrupt” ranking from the WA census. He pointed to the edge of the chart, where the lowest of corruption was shown.

“We’re here. We know what purity is.”

He put the chart away and stood up. He signaled to the guards that he was unarmed, and then the towering human walked over to Toffee. He held a hand over her, as she looked on with a “What on earth?!” expression.

“If these here horses are claimin’ to be promotin’ honesty, integrity, openness, and a lower crime rate, then you must allow us to monitor your entire progress, hold every document you get, and heck, give us yer ballots and WE'LL count 'em if ya'll want. These coup-thirsty horses, by sheer uuh, could oppress a people that votes against 'em. Heck, and pardon the pun, ya'll may have corralled the old head of state with yer BLACK MAGIC. We’ve been purgin’ corruption fer over two hundred years, and our people center their government around these claims you horses make.”

Kohl pushed his glasses up his nose and continued.

“Honesty. Kindness. Laughter. Generosity. Loyalty. In honesty, TurtleShroom’s government, dishonesty kicks ya to the curb, and it don’t matter if yer the head a’ state or a bureaucrat. Kindness, well, we ain’t always the nicest of folk, but hospitality and manners run deep in our people. I’d-uh shown ya’ll, but I never got the chance to meet or mingle with, or know any of ya’ll, primarily ‘cause I was late. Laughter… well, if ya’ll ever come down, we’ll show you some fun. Or a nangnang. Those are funny, too. Generosity. We give humanitarian aid and complementary weapons of mass destruction to nations too poor to feed their people and too weak to fight off imperialists. Loyalty, well, that’s like honor to TurtleShroom: it’s everything. Magic’s fer the devil, but I won’t go into that.”

“What Kohl’s tryin’ ta say is that he don’t trust you.” Human Johnson said, as Kohl sat back down. “If ya’ll were promotin’ so many of these ideals, some enshrined in Christianity and indoctrinated from birth or hatchin’ in my own country, ya’ll wouldn’t trail off like that, or keep repeatin’ the same thing. Yer hidin’ somethin’. I’m a turtle. I know what hidin’ is, and ya’ll are doin’ it right now.”

"One thing 'bot harmony," concluded Kohl, "Is that ya cain't have it without livin' with those different from you. Another thing I know 'bout governin' is power. The head of state of Hippostania isn't just WILLING to give up powah like that. You ponies mighta used some BLACK MAGIC on 'em, or hypnotism, or other witchcraft that'd land ya'll forty years in tha slammer fer in my homeland."

TurtleShroom put a hand on Human's shell.

"Humans have been with turtles and mushrooms in TurtleShroom fer two hundred years. You ponies just ran on in and went a-conquerin' Hippostania, and having lived with nothing but horses for years, how do you know harmony? With yer own kind, I guess ya'll do, but there's just somethin' amiss about someone who invades to harmonize a species with which it ain't ever harmonized before."

Zalanwi wrote:Lily hissed at the turtle and showed her fangs. She thought that the turtle had hissed at her queen.

Human, meanwhile, motioned his neck back to Lily the vampire, glaring past his glasses with his beady little eyes. Something about her was just horribly wrong to him.

OOC: I'm gonna assume this was before the recess

IC:
Sun Shower waved him down. "Now, hold on just a minute. I know what magic you speak of, and what we use is not it." she said, lifting somethign on her neclace. It was a crucifix. "Sol Bella is almost wholly Christian. We draw power from no demon. Our magic is also not hindered by holy objects, water, or exorcisms and things of the like. It is a simple, temporary bending of reality, and I could go into the science of explaining it, but we would be here all night."
A Spanish-speaking, First World, Pseudo-African nation that has only been in FT for two years after advancing past the PMT tech level with a single space colony. Significant Pony minority. The nation is known for its export of energy and information technology services, and is known among its nearby neighbors in Africa for providing the finest scientific materials and personnel in the region.

Proud 5th Member of the Coalition of Ponyists States, 1st Protector Nation

United Casio
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Casio » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 pm

(OOC: Thats it I am gone, Magical Invicible Ponies have pushed me over the edge, prepare for war Hippostania)

IC: Mr. Kolovo stood up, "We arent getting anywhere, it seems the ponies have gone too far, you are prepostorus, Goodbye and Hippostania must prepare for all out war. He strode out gracefully and slammed the door behind him. Once again he walked down the long marble corridors, into an awaiting array of cameras. One brave young man stopped him, he stared at the furious dictator, "Mr. Kolovo how is the proceedings?" "Horrible, I have walked out, the nation of Hippostania is idiotic, war shall follow in the coming days." He sat into the black velvet-covered limo and drove off...

None at the moment.
Name:The People's State of United Casio
Leader: Undefined
Ideology:Communism
Main Race:Aryan
Delegacies held:2
Founderships held:10
Use of Nuclear Weapons? Assured.
My nations ideology, Communism, does not represent my own ideology
Peacetime readiness
The Corparation wrote:You burned a caked.......you poor sadistic bastard. What did that cake ever do to you?

Knootoss
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Knootoss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm

OOC: Cars with a roof on them are actually a mechanical possibility. World leaders didn't suddenly grow titanium skulls after the Kennedy assassination, to prevent being hit by bullets.

Any technology that, with dubious far future tech explanations, prevents getting a few DNA cells from a treated palm, is complete and utter invincibility wank. However, Princess Luna at least had the consistency of having used this wank for years and roleplayed it a few times times. I can respect it as part of the Menelmacar canon. However, the suggestion that all the ponies from all the delegations are bestowed this very same power, not through any kind of medical procedure, but simply by wearing a pendant just defies all suspension of disbelief.

Especially if it is combined with the arrogant observation that any kind of counterwank technology to compensate for the fact that we are apparently roleplaying now with tech from the year 40,000 A.D. would automatically be ignored. That's not just indulging your fantasy, that is deliberately placing yourself above another player to prevent taking any losses, however minor.

Also, I explicitly asked the player of Princess Luna not to spill out my intentions to prevent metagaming. Unfortunately, confidence was betrayed here as well. And no, none of these characters would be killed or even cloned. It is simply a part of intelligence gathering.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Pavilion

"I have some... insight into that kind of mindset..." Luna said, "And don't be silly Twilight. You're hardly a filly now, you may feel inadequate, but believe me, I have seen many great leaders with far less admirable traits than you. And I've also seen your courage quite clearly for myself," she added with a wink, "you are quite capable of holding the fate of any world you choose in your hooves.

"As for the tension and fear, I wouldn't worry about it in the least, you're nervous, of course, but you have friends here, and there is no obstacle friendship can't overcome," she grinned, "Oh, I brought you a personal gift," she said, levitating the large book out of one of the saddlebags, parked by the side of the room now, over to her. "It's a book of legends, though I'm told most of it is truth, I think you'll find it interesting."

She was going to do it later, but she suspected Twilight might just enjoy having a book to hand. So long as she didn't bury her face in it during the next meeting and look like she was hiding...
Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

United Casio wrote:(OOC: Thats it I am gone, Magical Invicible Ponies have pushed me over the edge, prepare for war Hippostania)

They're hardly invincible. That's Knoot talking.
Knootoss wrote:Any technology that, with dubious far future tech explanations, prevents getting a few DNA cells from a treated palm, is complete and utter invincibility wank. However, Princess Luna at least had the consistency of having used this wank for years and roleplayed it a few times times. I can respect it as part of the Menelmacar canon. However, the suggestion that all the ponies from all the delegations are bestowed this very same power, not through any kind of medical procedure, but simply by wearing a pendant just defies all suspension of disbelief.
They're not. It would be an extension of Luna's. If the players didn't want to be forced to let you do some horrifying vivisection RP on copies of their characters, or whatever it is you wanted to do with it. I note there were substantial 'pregnancy' references in your MSN convo, which puts lie to the idea that you want to do something harmless involving a pitri dish.

Never mind that this is a hilarious over-reaction to something that I'd not even discussed with the people involved, and whether they'd want to do it that way.
Also, I explicitly asked the player of Princess Luna not to spill out my intentions to prevent metagaming.

No you didn't.

I find it amusing that you're complaining about about magic wank when you're plotting against a group of nations whose canon is that their leader moves the sun about by her will alone.
Last edited by Princess Luna on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
United Casio wrote:(OOC: Thats it I am gone, Magical Invicible Ponies have pushed me over the edge, prepare for war Hippostania)

They're hardly invincible. That's Knoot talking.

If you cant get a piece of hair, blood etc from it - then they are invincible.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Great Nepal wrote:If you cant get a piece of hair, blood etc from it - then they are invincible.

You can't get a sample of their genetic code by covert means. You can still say, shoot them (you would need to do it several times, but that's hardly invincible, now is it?)

EDIT: You may be operating on a misapprehension of how this works, can get hair, etc, you can chop off a whole limb, but when you get it back to your evil cloning lab and fire up your grimdark cloning machines, and put it in, it will read as having no genetic material to copy.
Last edited by Princess Luna on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Tarasovka
Chargé d'Affaires

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarasovka » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

OOC:

*steps out from the comfy arm chair in the shadows*

There's a simple way of getting around pony magic wank. The logic being the following. It has been demonstrated through the spread of magic ponies that any player can have magic pony wank. If any player can have magic pony wank, then it simply means that any player can have magic pony wank.

*retreats back into the shadows with a bowl of pop corn and a can of sprite*
Links: Nation Maintenance Thread and various Bits and Pieces

INCORRECT SPELLING - DOES NOT EXIST:
Adjective: Tarasovkan

CORRECT SPELLING:
Noun: Taraskovya (formal, high flown) ; Tarasovka (routine)
Adjective: Taraskovyan

The City Of Aurora
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The City Of Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Qasim sat through the bedlam of a discussion, watching the back and forth, mostly ignoring the petty socio-political discourse; it was evident that such topics would go unsolved for several years at least.

On the other hand, his attention engaged at the mention of the Great Nepalese representatives apparent wishes to scientifically investigate the portals; in addition, several other nations had been venturing forth with their own investigations. For him, and the Auroran Authority, this presented a matter in which they had to take interest, Strange Industries, with which they kept a regular rapport with, was handling their own investigations into the matter. Perhaps, with other nation's taking their own initiative, it would be prudent for them to begin direct investigation in to the portals. His brow furrowed in thought, he stood up and exited onto the pavilion.

The Pavilon

Wandering out, he paused a servant, requesting a strong coffee, before walking over to stand in a corner, his aide and guard following him. He glanced over at the other delegates, especially the Ponies, deep in thought, the idea of one of the staunchly clearly racist realms being the first to tackle the portals; seeing an opportunity, he decided to approach the Ponies representatives directly.

Although difficult to keep track, he had gathered that two of their names were Luna and Toffee, there were others from the other realms of course, being of the same kind they were congregating in a single group; taking his coffee from the servant as he approached them.

"Excuse me, delegates." He stopped a few feet away, assessing them, he would not fancy being gouged by one of their horns if they did in fact prove to be hostile to him, he shook himself momentarily, what a terrible thought.

"I have found the discussion thus far most intriguing, however, I have concerns regarding the dispensation of portal research in the hands of realms with a clear bias towards a..." he paused, swirling his coffee, "pre-considered outcome... for the situation." He rocked on the balls of his feet, "If I may be so bold, placing the scenario purely in the hands of those that seek to get rid of you is folly, doing your own research, even if it is coloured by your own bias, would serve to counteract that of those that endeavour to undermine you..."

(OOC: 4 pages in 4 hours? Wow. And let's not get too bogged down in semantics, this is clearly not directly MT, so let's be more flexible in flexing our gears; provided it doesn't impact the actual RP leave it until it becomes an issue.)
Last edited by The City Of Aurora on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm

IC: Mr. Kolovo stood up, "We arent getting anywhere, it seems the ponies have gone too far, you are prepostorus, Goodbye and Hippostania must prepare for all out war. He strode out gracefully and slammed the door behind him. Once again he walked down the long marble corridors, into an awaiting array of cameras. One brave young man stopped him, he stared at the furious dictator, "Mr. Kolovo how is the proceedings?" "Horrible, I have walked out, the nation of Hippostania is idiotic, war shall follow in the coming days." He sat into the black velvet-covered limo and drove off...

Sun Shower was visibly angry at this response. "Shall they attack, we will resist alongside, you, Toffee!" she said as calmly as she could. "Just ask- ask for help, we'll give it, we'll help you. Please, that man...no, that THING, he just wants to kill us all!"

Back in Sol Bella, they were already gettign ready for war, should the negotiations fail. 200,000 combat engineers and riflemen, APCs for each squad of them, drones for each squad, a space-based Diamond Hauler Armed Carrier, and several mech and tank brigades were near ready for deployment to Hippostania.
Last edited by Sol Bella on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Spanish-speaking, First World, Pseudo-African nation that has only been in FT for two years after advancing past the PMT tech level with a single space colony. Significant Pony minority. The nation is known for its export of energy and information technology services, and is known among its nearby neighbors in Africa for providing the finest scientific materials and personnel in the region.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:If you cant get a piece of hair, blood etc from it - then they are invincible.

You can't get a sample of their genetic code by covert means. You can still say, shoot them (you would need to do it several times, but that's hardly invincible, now is it?)

EDIT: You may be operating on a misapprehension of how this works, can get hair, etc, you can chop off a whole limb, but when you get it back to your evil cloning lab and fire up your grimdark cloning machines, and put it in, it will read as having no genetic material to copy.

Except what you are saying is foolproof genetic forcefeild, which is generally not possible (and even if it is - I would like to hear how it works and how you can simply give it to anyone you want with a blink of eye.)
@The City Of Aurora: Except it is issue in RP.

Urmanian
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Urmanian » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Before the recess:

Twilight nodded to Sun Shower and adressed the delegates of TurtleShroom:

"She is right. Our magic doesn't involve demonic rituals or bloody sacrifices, it's simply science of sorts. I would explain that more extensively, but there's no time for that, for now. And we do live side-by-side with a lot of species, sentient and not, and be assured, we do know a lot about harmony."

She observed the insane leader of United Casio running away from the conference room and spouting war threats, and she was completely devastated by the fact. Indeed, United Casio alone wasn't much of a threat, but the sole mission of the summit - to prevent war, has failed. Twilight has failed.

After:

"Thank you for your kind words, Princess." - Twilight nuzzled thankfully against the Princess' shoulder for a moment before taking the book, returning to her seat and immersing herself in reading.
✮ The Vermillion Republic of Sorrelia ✮
Commie ponies with guns and such. One of the OG MLP nations, funnily enough I don't care for EaW pretty much at all.

This nation represents the voices in my head.

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Except what you are saying is foolproof genetic forcefeild, which is generally not possible (and even if it is - I would like to hear how it works and how you can simply give it to anyone you want with a blink of eye.)

You do realise you're picking a fight with magic-using nations here, right? I suggest you scrap any plans of warfare if you can't cope with something as relatively trivial as a spell of magical no genetic-fingerprints.
Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Knootoss
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Knootoss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Princess Luna wrote:They're not. It would be an extension of Luna's. If the players didn't want to be forced to let you do some horrifying vivisection RP on copies of their characters, or whatever it is you wanted to do with it. I note there were substantial 'pregnancy' references in your MSN convo, which puts lie to the idea that you want to do something harmless involving a pitri dish.

OOC: "Horrifying vivisection RP on copies of their characters" was certainly not part of my plan. I'll note I never actually shared my plan with you. If players do not want anything specific done to their characters they can ask me out of character. If it is something that I think they might not like, I always ask before hand.

Princess Luna wrote:No you didn't.

OOC: Yes, Princess Luna, I did tell you in confidence. Check your own logs.

Princess Luna wrote:I find it amusing that you're complaining about about magic wank when you're plotting against a group of nations whose canon is that their leader moves the sun about by her will alone.

OOC: You are right. Our fairly run of the mill humans are trying to think of ways to defend themselves against a group of characters who have MAGICAL POWERS, not to mention the individual ability to fly above the speed of sound and teleport between the planes using brightly coloured portals. In both threads I've made it obvious that the Knootians are quite concerned about these abilities and that they are looking for ways to level the playing field a bit.

You'd think when you are playing such overpowered characters, you wouldn't need to make them even more untouchable than the canon already has them. This is especially irritating when they suddenly become more overpowered as something comes up that their vast existing abilities didn't already cover. I'll agree with Tarasovka here and bestow compensatory magic pony powers on my diplomat for the duration of this thread, by means of ridiculously advanced technology that penetrates personal shields made of pure wankium. But only for the sake of facilitating normal skin contact. Not to kill their delegates, which is something I never wanted to do in the first place.

What I'd like to know if the pony players (aside from Luna) can accept this premise.

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Knootoss wrote:
Princess Luna wrote:They're not. It would be an extension of Luna's. If the players didn't want to be forced to let you do some horrifying vivisection RP on copies of their characters, or whatever it is you wanted to do with it. I note there were substantial 'pregnancy' references in your MSN convo, which puts lie to the idea that you want to do something harmless involving a pitri dish.

OOC: "Horrifying vivisection RP on copies of their characters" was certainly not part of my plan. I'll note I never actually shared my plan with you. If players do not want anything specific done to their characters they can ask me out of character. If it is something that I think they might not like, I always ask before hand.

Princess Luna wrote:No you didn't.

OOC: Yes, Princess Luna, I did tell you in confidence. Check your own logs.

Princess Luna wrote:I find it amusing that you're complaining about about magic wank when you're plotting against a group of nations whose canon is that their leader moves the sun about by her will alone.

OOC: You are right. Our fairly run of the mill humans are trying to think of ways to defend themselves against a group of characters who have MAGICAL POWERS, not to mention the individual ability to fly above the speed of sound and teleport between the planes using brightly coloured portals. In both threads I've made it obvious that the Knootians are quite concerned about these abilities and that they are looking for ways to level the playing field a bit.

You'd think when you are playing such overpowered characters, you wouldn't need to make them even more untouchable than the canon already has them. This is especially irritating when they suddenly become more overpowered as something comes up that their vast existing abilities didn't already cover. I'll agree with Tarasovka here and bestow compensatory magic pony powers on my diplomat for the duration of this thread, by means of ridiculously advanced technology that penetrates personal shields made of pure wankium. But only for the sake of facilitating normal skin contact. Not to kill their delegates, which is something I never wanted to do in the first place.

What I'd like to know if the pony players (aside from Luna) can accept this premise.

OOC:
Would you two Stop it already? We're clogging the board. Just pretend the shields are not there.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Princess Luna wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Except what you are saying is foolproof genetic forcefeild, which is generally not possible (and even if it is - I would like to hear how it works and how you can simply give it to anyone you want with a blink of eye.)

You do realise you're picking a fight with magic-using nations here, right?

Magic using? Yes, thats why I never questioned how the portals were opened and stuff like that.
Some kind of waky thing that is invisible and suddenly destroys DNA of a bit which is separated from body with nothing which can counter it? No.

I suggest you scrap any plans of warfare if you can't cope with something as relatively trivial as a spell of magical no genetic-fingerprints.

Provided there is a flaw with that magic - otherwise, there is nothing to stop saying "hey I am going to shoot you but due to my magic you cant do anything at all..."

Knootoss
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Knootoss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm

OOC: I'll be happy to continue RPing and pretend the shields aren't there *nod*. And if there needs to be more OOC debate a separate OOC thread might be good.

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

(OOC: I'll be back in an hour or two guys)

Princess Luna
Diplomat

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Capital:
Coltchester
Population:
Game-Stat/100,000
WA Delegate:
Grandeur Diadem

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:14 pm

(I'm,.....just gonna continue here. Feel free to jump back in when everypony is ready to stop havign arguments over such a silly little thing.)

Sun Shower sat down in the Pavilion and buried her face in her hooves. Her country was going to war for their worst fear: Racism. This was going to happen eventually, but she htought maybe they could have just evacuated somepony or pressured a country out of a genocide, no! Sol Bellan blood- human AND pony alike (and deer and zebra)- were going to die on foreign soil for the first time in years. History would forever recognize this as her fault, and in her mind, she might believe it.

"Captain, tell Right Honourable Della to set our alert levels to Emergencia (DEFCON 3). If the United Casioans want war, we'll certainly meet their demand." she said as calmly as she could to the guard to her left. She was tryign to hide it, but she was cryign a little. She cared universally for all life, and with the amount of deaths that might come about from this- oh, she just couldn't bare the thought.

Alterrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterrea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm

From: the External Relations Bureau of tje Community of Alterrea
To: ALL the All-Human Delegations that don't like the Pony invasion of Hippostania.
Classification: TOP SECRET

The College of the Wise of the Community met today. They want you to know the following:

Dear Excellencies,
as you probably know Alterreans have been worshipping Unicorns since millennia. Alterreans were worshipping them even before the arrival on this Island. Alterreans believe that a Unicorn, a Pink Invisible Unicorn, shaped Our Earth and Our People. The Demiurge, is One of Her Epithets.

As a gift to Humankind, the Unicorn gave us the Red Tea plant, from whom the Alterreans obtain a Drink, which is drunk during Our Religious Rituals in order to get in touch with the Unicorn, Who weekly drinks the same Tea during Her Trips in the Solar System. The Red Tea of Wisdom.

When Alterrea offered the Red Tea to the Ponies of the TPC, they refused. They said that they want to respect the Laws of the human Hippostanians, which prohibit hallucinogenic substances.

So: why did the Ponies, the Unicorns and the Pegasi appear in Hippostania, and not in the Faithful Alterrea?
Initially we couldn’t find an answer. We were deeply confused...
And... where do they come from? There is only ONE Unicorn in Our Religion!

That’s the answer we found.
In Alterrea we name the Unicorn: the Solitary. We thought that She was Solitary just because there was only ONE Unicorn. But that’s not true. There is an Herd of Unicorns, Ponies and so on. The Unicorn is Solitary because She is a Renegade. And, as far as we know, She was banned by the Herd because She wanted to give us, the Humans, the Holy Tea: the Red Tea of Wisdom! A Tea that probably makes People resistant to the magic of the Ponies. The Unicorn gave the Humans the Tea so that they can live freely.

That’s probably because the Ponies invaded Hippostania: the Hippostanians never drank the Red Tea, because of their restrictive drug laws. More: the Hippostanians never drank alcoholics or other sorts of drugs. They thought to be invincible: actually they were undefended against the magic of these Evil’s creatures.

When Human Hippostanians speak, probably they are not in their will: they’re mentally controlled by the magic of the Ponies. The people of Hippostania that shot the Ponies were probably people which infriged the Law and drank something. That’s also why a lot of Belgian refugees decided to leave Hippostania for Alterrea: they were not influenced by the magic of the Ponies beacuse they drank a lot of alcohol when they were in Belgium.

So, Excellencies, before starting the discussion, drink some wine or some alcoholic beverage. A cargo full of Red Tea has been sent to Greater Vandalia for you to drink.
Our Scientists think, that if we manage to make the Human Hippostanians to drink the Red Tea, they will be freed from the Ponies' influences and the Ponies will leave Our World.

Respectfully,

The College of The Wise of Alterrea, in concurrence with the Leader of Alterrea and His Councillors.
Last edited by Alterrea on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Community of Alterrea's Mission to the World Assembly

OOC: Be patient, English is not my mother-tongue. I'm learning.
If you find errors in my comments, please tell me.

Urmanian
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Urmanian » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Twilight noticed Sun Shower's nervous behaviour. She put the book aside and approached the Sol Bellan pony, overhearing her orders to the guard.

"There's no need to waste the lives of your compatriots" - she said quietly as she walked up to the coffee-colored unicorn. - "If there will be war, the Herd will take care of it."

The purple mare noticed the tears in Sun Shower's eyes as she turned her face to her. She cautiously hugged the crying pony and whispered:

"I'm scared too, to be frank. But we'll find a way out of this nightmare, I'm absolutely sure. Don't cry."
Last edited by Urmanian on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✮ The Vermillion Republic of Sorrelia ✮
Commie ponies with guns and such. One of the OG MLP nations, funnily enough I don't care for EaW pretty much at all.

This nation represents the voices in my head.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates