NATION

PASSWORD

Black Dawn [OOC/Info/Interest]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm losing a sense of Where Things are At as well in the overall pic, but as I've no idea what Melk intends to do here on out, whether he's going to keep it going or not, or how soon he may choose to post ... *shrugs*

I'm going to be carrying on with other things in other threads with the understanding that there may be some vague threat out there, not assume anything on his end, and roll with the fleet disbursement as we'd discussed, more or less. How other folks choose to handle it I guess depends on your individual needs.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:00 am

Okay.

I'm sorry this has taken so long, I really am. I've actually been thinking a lot about the story, but haven't had a good handle on how to proceed. Let me explain:

I feel like I'm following a tough act here. Morgy was a good villain for NS, and I don't want to mess it up. I've had it in my head that sometime within the next 2-3 posts we'd get our first look at him: what he was doing, what he was after, that kind of thing. But I realized that even when I RP'd Arda as under Morgy's control, I never actually used him as a character that much for various reasons. Considering his present situation (on which I won't elaborate) I couldn't figure out a good way to convey his actions and desires to the reader. I have/had a similar problem with Xingu: they're obviously part of the story, but in this case it is more a lack of motivation than anything else: I'm just not interested in writing the Xinguese point of view. Since I had these scenes lined up for right about this point in the narrative, I kind of hit a wall. I took a stab at writing a couple scenes but was never satisfied with even just a draft.

As a result of all this, and in an effort to cheaply circumvent my writer's block in these two areas, I'm going to go ahead and leave most of the Morgy/Xingu stuff out of the narrative. They'll obviously both still be doing things, but I won't use them as viewpoint characters, and I won't give the reader insight to them like I do with characters like Nadia or Blarik. I will turn the former into Arda's main VC because I seem to enjoy writing her the most.

Moreover, I've decided to open the Xingu factions to PC use. No one can play all three factions, but if someone wants to take up one or the other Xinguese banner, feel free. I have a general idea what I want them to do so you may be slightly encumbered, especially if you play as the Ardan loyalist faction.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Previous

Return to NationStates