NATION

PASSWORD

first contact with another civilization - ooc sign up FT

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

first contact with another civilization - ooc sign up FT

Postby Sacrapollisis » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm wanting to introduce my FT nation. I'd like to find a nation to interact with that would potentially be an ally or trade partner. Here is some basic info about sacrapollisis
*the only intelligent species in this solar system
*they live on the four moons of the third planet in the system known, which is a deep blue gas giant called Sacra
*they have three space faring ships all of which are research vessels (due to no current reason to have military vessels.
*the vessels have a very unadvanced form of FTL which helps them explore their system.
(I havent been able to think of a nifty name for the solar system yet)

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

bump

Postby Sacrapollisis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Bump

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Make contact with the Zepplien Conglomerate if you want trade
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Independent Atlantis
Attaché

Founded: May 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Atlantis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 am

If you have a Stargate, you could make contact with Atlantis.

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:17 pm

If you want to contact a powerful FT nation with the best tech around, then you may contact me, I shall use the New Holy Covenant if it starts saturday or RP as it when you start it any other day.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

replyI

Postby Sacrapollisis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm hoping for someone to contact our civilization as we have no clue anyone else exists.

Arunus-Heos
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arunus-Heos » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Arunus-Heos would be willing to do this. We have yet to come into contact with another civilization as well since the Aruno-Heosians split off from humanity. Additionally, I had just planned for Arunus-Heos to deploy research machines through recently gained FTL....

Call me A-H.

Tatec
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tatec » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:20 pm

I don't mind making contact.
Honorable Senator of the National Centre Party [NSG Senate]
RP Name: Royal Federation of Czechoslovakia
Funeral of Emperor James Westinghouse (Current RP)

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Well, can I be the pilot of the ship that makes contact, the USS NCC 1701 Enterprise?
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Ordo Drakul
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Drakul » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 pm

I don't know that we'd like to contact, but can some of our drunken frat boys buzz you, take apart some cattle, anal probe some hicks and leave dumbass messages about unity, peace, and love?

Oh yeah-and abandon Your nuclear program and such...
Last edited by Ordo Drakul on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Assington actively explores the milky way galaxy and could easily make contact.

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

sweet

Postby Sacrapollisis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Okay, whoever is most likely able to form a trade agreement, assist with better FTL, and designs on weaponry. As well as an alliance, we are a relatively "good" aligned nation. Although that is negotiable if the rp turns that way.

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:18 am

Assington is happy to trade assuming you have something worth trading. Resources is the big thing, it takes a lot to build & maintain space faring craft. Assuming you can provide desirable trade options, we can provide advances in FTL travel and spacecraft weaponry. Alliances are not entered into lightly but we are certainly willing to negotiate.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 am

The 44th Independent Legion has a large intergalactic trading fleet. However, although knowledge of FTL methods is open to free trade, the actual tech is limited and potentially extremely dangerous to the users. Basic 'protectorate-style' alliances between the 44th and lone planets. Other than trading surplus resources with such planets for other forms of valuables, this mainly serves as a way of securing the vital beacons neccesary for their main form of FTL travel.
OOC, this nation is an autonomous exclave, but will ICly (rather firmly) assert that they are representing the whole of the 44th on diplomatic occasions. Please take their IC aspirations of grandeur and power with several grams of salt.
Post makes no damn sense.
You make a hurtful haiku.
Refrigerator.

Ordo Drakul
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Drakul » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 am

Standard operating procedure for us is to give you a Jump Gate-an orbital station that will open a gateway to hyperspace-and allow You to access our system of hyperspace paths via beacons we've set up. This will allow anyone who can achieve orbit to enter into hyperspace and join galactic trade. The Ordo Rokagi will provide safe passage for a fee, but hyperspace is relatively safe travel, so the offer is hardly necessary. The Ordo Argan Argari will try to access your markets and trade as your laws allow. A small fee will be charged for every use of the Jump Gate for maintenance purposes, but the Ordo Gadbladdi will also accept a maintenance contract, sometimes from an Order if your planet is deemed a viable trading partner.

That's the deal, though our frat boys will still take apart your cows, anal probe rural dwellers, and leave strange messages in your cereal crops. However, we find it distasteful they do such things with races who can blame us and will prosecute.

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

set up

Postby Sacrapollisis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 am

I think for my first contact ill take ordo, I like the mass effect style jump gates. But ill still arrange contact with others. So ordo fire away with a ic thread.

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 pm

well hopefully you will go to our FTL networks when we meet.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

honestly

Postby Sacrapollisis » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I'd like to get the ball rolling on this rp. So if anyone wants to make contact let me know.
So we can get my nation onto some rp

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:34 pm

If Ordo Drakul is not able to start, then I am more than happy to start it for you.

—Leonard Church

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Likewise. I'm open to get something started any time.

Ordo Drakul
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Drakul » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:16 am

Sorry-but as the proud father of one and incredibly proud grandfather of six, this wasn't a good weekend to start anything, and with the Fourth next Monday....
Well, if I get it up, I get it up.

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

idea

Postby Sacrapollisis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 am

i think the best way is to not close it off to just one other nation then. Real life always comes first :)

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 am

In that case, who should be the first to arrive in system?
OOC, this nation is an autonomous exclave, but will ICly (rather firmly) assert that they are representing the whole of the 44th on diplomatic occasions. Please take their IC aspirations of grandeur and power with several grams of salt.
Post makes no damn sense.
You make a hurtful haiku.
Refrigerator.

Sacrapollisis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

started

Postby Sacrapollisis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am

Who ever wants to be. I'm new to FT roleplay so ill be learning based on what you guys are saying

Assington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Assington » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119091

I made a thread to get things rolling. I took a few liberties as there wasn't too much to go on as far as details of your civilisation/system, so let me know if there's anything I should change.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates