NATION

PASSWORD

The Sanada Mission to Ganosia (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Sanada Mission to Ganosia (Closed)

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Communiquè of the Fiefdom of Samuraikoku

To Her Majesty Quinn I, from the Pansentient Queendom of Ganosia,

The Government and the People of the Fiefdom of Samuraikoku would be honored to commend you and thank you for your support along with the rest of the free nations of the world in the now settled conflict for the liberation of the non-human peoples in Auzkhia. It was through the efforts of us all that this victory for freedom and justice was achieved without a battle.

I would also like to be known that we would be interested in cultivating and developing a relationship of friendship between our two nations, since the Queendom of Ganosia are a most respectable and admirable nation to the eyes of Samuraikoku.

It is in this thought that we would be deeply honored to send a delegation of envoys to your glorious nation, to strengthen the diplomatic relationships between the Fiefdom of Samuraikoku and the Pansentient Queendom of Ganosia. This could be the beginning of a venturous future for both of our nations, as Samuraikoku and Ganosia share the same respect for all forms of life and sentiment of peace for the world, as the same ideals of justice and honor, as the aforementioned effort has clearly proven.

I hope that you will be kind enough to accept our invitation, and in the case you do, we will visit you with the utmost respect and a great feeling of joy.

Sincerely,

Yukimura Sanada, Shôgun of Samuraikoku.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(In the Samuraikoku capital of Kyodotai, at Ueda Castle, Yukimura read the already sent communiqué once more, sitting at his desk, his impeccable raven black hair gently caressed by the breeze that blew through his window, a hopeful look on his normally serious face This was the first attempt at global diplomacy since the civil war, and luckily enough – so he thought, but the merit was due to ability more than luck -, it had been a success. Through his efforts, and the efforts of the leaders of many other nations of the world, a group of sapient non-humans were released from slavery in a ruthless dictatorship.

Of all the countries that had intervened, the Queendom of Ganosia seemed the most interesting to his eyes. While at school, Yukimura had heard about the non-human sapients, even though he had never seen one himself, and he had always felt he would like to learn about them one day and meet them personally. And it seemed like fate had rewarded his efforts to join forces, at least for a moment, with the nation he was always interested in. His mentor since childhood, Shingen Takeda, daimyô of the island of Kai, clearly sensed his excitement. His voice was serious upon speaking, but his eyes seemed to smile.)

Shingen: “Yukimura, you seem nervous. You should try to keep your composure, my boy.”

Yukimura: “I understand, Oyakata-sama. But this is a great opportunity to make friends with a nation as great as Ganosia. I only hope myself and Samuraikoku are worthy of their attention.”

Shingen: “I am sure they will not ignore Samuraikoku. Our nation might have just emerged from internal struggle, but we deserve some respect in the eyes of the world.”

Yukimura: “If they decide to come here after we have gone to them, who do you think they would send?”

Shingen: “Hmm. They would probably send an ambassador, and a delegation of non-human sapients, since they hold them in high regard. I also hear there’s a nobleman’s daughter that was supposed to meet a king of another nation, but apparently there was no luck. So she might be coming as well.”

Yukimura: “I think I know whom you speak of. Her name is Miss Esther Alakeshwara.”

Shingen: “Yes indeed.”

His serious and solemn expression turned into a faint smile.

“Who knows, Yukimura, you may find a great companion. You should really think of getting married, my boy.”

Yukimura looked away, not quite knowing what to say. As a warrior, he had only thought of ending the strife that Samuraikoku had been sunk in for quite so long, from that fateful day in which his village was razed to the ground.

Yukimura: “I guess only time will tell.”

Just at that point, there was a knock on the room’s door.

Aide: “Yukimura-dono, Nobunaga-dono is here with a report.”

Yukimura: “Please let him in, thank you!”

(At that point, the door opens, and in enters Nobunaga Oda, Daimyô of Owari and Minister of Foreign Affairs. Upon seeing Yukimura and Shingen, he bows respectfully as it is customary in the land.)

Nobunaga: “Oyakata-sama. Shingen-dono.”

(Yukimura and Shingen bow themselves in return.)

Shingen: “It is good to see you, Nobunaga-dono.”

Yukimura: “What report do you bring me this time?”

Nobunaga: “I believe you will like these news, Yukimura-dono. The Queendom of Ganosia has replied to your message. I haven’t read the content as of yet as I thought it would be best that you were aware of the news yourself.”

Shingen: “That was quite fast, Yukimura.”

Yukimura’s expression turned into one of surprise, then he took the slim sheet of paper from Nobunaga, trying his best for his hands not to shake. Of all the nations of the world, the one he looked upon the most had replied to Samuraikoku! But what would the message say? Would it be equally as respectful as Yukimura tried to be, or would it contain a disdainful answer?

Yukimura: “Well, ready or not, here I come…”

He unfolds the note and begins to read it, as the scene fades to black.
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm

The city of Olyan burned brightly with the light of Civilization. Since the war in Auzkhia had been averted, the citizenry had grown to believe in the Monarchist government as profitable for Ganosian interests. Soldiers returned to their families and homes, General William Barksdale proclaimed victory in the name of liberty for all sapient beings, and the Queen relished the newfound popularity she recieved, especially in the form of the letter from the fiefdom of Samuraikoku which had pledged to fight alongside Ganosia if the war had actually happened. She sat in her throne with the letter in her hands - it was elegantly written in a script that seemed rather cute yet stern, at least to the Queen, who was happy to form relations with the fiefdom to further cement her popularity in their nation. So Her Majesty's Government was able - by the Queen's sanction - to send word to the fiefdom that they would graciously welcome any delegation to Ganosia. The Queen's will was heard in Abishag Korey - the Foreign Minister of the Ganosians - who - in her own hand - wrote the letter to the Shogun, indicating this affirmation of willingness to open Ganosia to the fiefdom's delegation. Abishag Korey would - herself - greet the Shogun's envoys when they arrived, although they would all be led to the Queen as Ganosian custom demanded. From then on, they would be shown around the nation in its entirety. That was what her letter to them said. "Shogun, we are humbly willing to accomodate your delegation to our fair nation," her letter said, "and we have prepared a tour of our nation for them so that they may have their knowledge of our nation enriched. We hope that, in due time, you can reciprocate our openness with our own delegation, which I myself shall lead. We thank you for your interest and hope that this will make our two nations closer together in the years to come."

As the Ganosians awaited the arrival of the fiefdom's delegation, though, there were stirrings in the northwest, in the mountains, where a young woman played her piano ever so sweetly. She had her eyes closed as she passionately played one of her own musical creations on the piano, letting the world melt away as she dissolved into nothing but pure and total absorption into what she was doing that afternoon. This was before she was interrupted by her visiting father - he stepped into the room in his uniform, covered with an overcoat, wearing his shiny medals - and she went to him and embraced him as a dutiful daughter always would.

This was days after the initial reply of Abishag Korey to the fiefdom. Feron Alakeshwara - the Minister of Defense - had heard through the grapevine that the fiefdom was going to send envoys. He told Esther this as he sat down on a chair to listen to her - over their conversation - play the piano for him. "Esther," he said, "this may be the chance for you to find what you've been trying so hard to obtain."

"I don't know if the Shogun is single," Esther said. "I haven't the slightest clue what Samuraikoku is like other than that they were going to fight alongside us in Auzkhia. Personally, I am glad that peace prevailed over the sword, but that is besides the point. That is-"

"Esther," Feron interrupted, "you may want to investigate the Shogun. He may be the break you seek and, besides, you ought to think about it rather than just toss the opportunity away. I remember when I first met your mother and-"

"Yes," Esther said, playing stronger now in annoyance, "you've told me how you met Mom thousands of times. Look, Dad, it's nice you care and all but-"

"I'm just trying to help you out, dear," Feron said. "But, anyways, you may want to go to Olyan anyway to see the envoys' arrival. Chances are there's goihg to be some festival to welcome them. I have my sources."

Esther stopped playing after she heard that. She thought about it for a moment. To be honest, she knew she'd like to go to the festival. She had always - since childhood - been fascinated by the ways of the world. This would be her opportunity to satisfy her longings.

"Alright," she said, "I will go."

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:14 pm

The news of Ganosia’s invitation to Samuraikoku struck Yukimura like a cannonball, a sensation he had been familiar with too many times, but that he hadn’t felt in a long time since the unification of the land. This state, however, was quickly replace by one of happiness, after reading Her Majesty Quinn’s letter. While coming to his senses once again, he became aware that Shingen and Nobunaga were waiting for him to speak. A faint voice came out of his mouth, with an equally faint smile.

Yukimura: “They’ve accepted.” – he put the letter on the table and turned toward the two Daimyôs. – “They’ve accepted!” - he said now, with a clearer voice.

Shingen: “Do you see, Yukimura? I told you not to worry.”

Nobunaga: “This is indeed great news, Yukimura-dono!”

Yukimura: “After we have been received by Miss Abishag Korey (their Minister of Foreign Affairs), we would be introduced to Her Majesty herself, and there will be a tour and a festival in our honor.”

Yukimura turned his attention now to a most important matter: Who would be the ones to go to the Queendom of Ganosia? He would have to pick some high-ranking ministers, such as of course, Nobunaga. Shingen seemed to read his thoughts.

Shingen: “Yukimura. You should get ready to travel to Ganosia.”

Yukimura: “Myself?”

Shingen: “Of course! Her Majesty Quinn herself will be there to meet the delegation, it is only fair that you be the first one to go.”

Yukimura: “As always, you are right, Oyakata-sama. And Nobunaga-dono shall accompany me in the character of his important position as Minister of Foreign Affairs.”

Nobunaga bowed down in respect and appreciation.

Nobunaga: “As usual, I am honored, Yukimura-dono.”

Shingen: “Besides, if you would like to meet that lady, Miss Esther Alakeshwara, it is only logical that you and her are at the same place at the same time.” – He let a small laugh, at which Yukimura once again let a shy smile.

Yukimura: “Oyakata-sama, I don’t know. We are supposed to go to the Queendom to start diplomatic relations, it would be too selfish of me to think only of the possibility of marriage.”

Nobunaga: “If I may be allowed to say something about this matter, Yukimura-dono…”

Yukimura: “Speak freely, Nobunaga-dono.”

Nobunaga: “You, as all of us inhabitants of this world, are only human, and no matter how sacrificed we may be in our occupations, we cannot let our personal lives be absorbed by what we do. There is nothing wrong in taking interest in a potential marriage.”

Shingen: “Indeed, Nobunaga-dono is right, Yukimura. The people of Samuraikoku have heard of Miss Alakeshwara’s talent for music, or I should say, they have heard her music itself. She is a quite accomplished pianist and is pursuing a musical career. There will be a great chance she will be playing in the festival in the delegation’s honor.”

Yukimura once again fell silent. He enjoyed music, but he had never been close to playing a musical instrument himself. He had an interest for arts, but he considered himself to be harshly punished by fate in his lack of inspiration to express any form of art. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to learn about it. As a warrior he had always felt empty without a noble cause to defend, for justice and honor. Perhaps art would help fill that emptiness after war.

Yukimura: “Very well, Shingen-dono, Nobunaga-dono. I will get ready to depart in a week from now. In the mean-time, I will choose the people who will accompany me in the delegation. The first pick will obviously be Nobunaga-dono, as we have already established.”

Shingen: “Good idea, Yukimura.”

Yukimura: “I would like you to travel with us as well, Oyakata-sama.”

Shingen smiled, but shook his head.

Shingen: “Me? Why no, Yukimura. You may be young, but you are a capable man on your own accord, as the people of Samuraikoku demonstrated by gladly choosing you as Shôgun to lead them. You no longer need any assistance from me.”

Yukimura: “In that case, I would like you to take my place while we are gone.”

Shingen: “I will, but there is no need to worry. You will find no trouble when you come back. I hope the journey turns out for the best. You will do fine.”

Yukimura: “I will do my best, Oyakata-sama. I won’t fail Samuraikoku.”

Shingen: “I know you won’t, lad.”

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Esther Alakeshwara took the fancy method of transportation to get to Olyan, the capital, the city that she rarely went to save to play pieces from her debut album in concerts. The best thing about first class train rides were that they maximized the comfort and offered the best food and beverages. The seats were so comfortable. The curtains felt like they were made out of the finest velvet fabric. Esther had packed up only the essentials to take with her en route to the capital, because she had only planned to stay for the duration of the festival, which wouldn't last too long anyways, and then she'd go back home to her mountain-flanked home to enjoy the fruits of solace and quiet, self-willed, loneliness. She was a wandering loner of sorts, never really feeling too comfortable in a crowd, but yet, the exhilaration of the crowds that watched her play the piano at every concert, always made her feel so happy within that she felt happy amidst other people - the irony made her chuckle a little but she did not meditate on it much. When the train finally stopped at Olyan, she got off and ventured to a fancy hotel where she had reserved her room. She unpacked and got ready for the concert she'd hold at the festival. At Olyan, the streets were paved with flags, banners, and much more - it was Queen Quinn's idea, to be honest, because Samuraikoku had been so friendly to her back during the Auzkhian situation and, well, she hoped to exploit her popularity in that nation. Whenever the Sanada Mission arrived, they'd behold a most wondrous spectacle. With the mission's arrival soon to occur within the week, the Queen was bossing decorators around in her Royal Palace, telling them to do this and that, all the while being followed by Justinian Doughty, her chief - favorite - bodyguard.

"Those samurai are gonna love what we've done for them," Quinn said, "and they better love what we've done for them. Oh, God, I hope they do."

Quinn rubbed her temples. She did not want to feel embarassed in front of the visitors. She knew that the entire city was decorating itself in preparation for their arrival. Flags and banners of both nations hung all over the place while various exhibits were being planned across Olyan and, indeed, all of Ganosia for them to check out when they arrived. Even Esther Alakeshwara was gonna play at a concert held in support of Ganosian-Samuraikoku relations. Esther's debut album was doing quite nicely on the charts and, indeed, it was rumoured to have sold quite nicely in Samuraikoku and other nations deemed friendly to Ganosia. On the day that they were expected to arrive - the samurai to Olyan, probably by plane or train or something, due to Olyan's location - Esther woke up in nothing but a light gown in her hotel room and looked outside the window to see that people were already awaiting the samurai, although the festival wasn't going to start until after they had finished meeting Quinn. Then again, people were standing in the street that the samurai's transport was to go through en route to the Royal Palace, awaiting their arrival. Esther decided she would go down to watch the spectacle unfold with her own eyes and so she did. She stood near some commoners, not that she minded, and awaited the samurai's arrival. At the Royal Palace, the Queen was pacing around the throne room, shaking her head, rubbing her temples, talking about how she wanted these foreigners to know that she wasn't cheap or lowly but that, dammit, when Queen Quinn the First wanted to impress, she would goddamn well impress!
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Upon stepping out of the “Sekigahara” flagship, at the port of Dasani, the Sanada Mission could not believe what lied at their encounter. The Shôgun himself, Yukimura Sanada, in his ceremonial shining crimson Samurai armor, a white headband encircling his forehead, was the one most surprised. Many flags and banners of Ganosia and Samuraikoku waved together as a sign of mutual respect, and a Ganosian band started to play the Samuraikoku national anthem. Upon stepping on the piers, Miss Abishag Korey was there in person, as expected, along with a delegation of Ganosian dignitaries. But what struck the Samurai delegation the most was the way they were greeted – bowing their heads down, as it was their own culture.

After Miss Abishag Korey introduced the Ganosian dignitaries, the Ganosian delegation rose, and as it was Ganosia’s own custom, the Samuraikoku dignitaries shook hands with the Ganosians. Yukimura had always thought that most diplomatic relationships – not all, the Samuraikoku diplomacy wouldn’t ever be a part of them - were monotonous and shallow, but a single glance at the Ganosian delegation immediately convinced him otherwise. The Ganosian government – and the people, judging by their cheers as the train made its way to the capital – exceeded the knowledge and renown that had brought him to pursue a diplomatic relationship between the two nations. In his heart, he knew this was a right decision – and he wasn’t going to regret it for as long as he lived.

In the journey to Olyan, Yukimura, Nobunaga and the rest of the delegation exchanged similar opinions with the Ganosian people, about their ideas on freedom, liberty, and the best for the people that both nations had as unshakable ideals. This further made Yukimura sure that the friendship between the two peoples – humans and non-humans alike would be beautiful as prosperous. And prosperity indeed, the Sanada Mission was a witness of when they arrived at Olyan. Banners, music, fountains and a myriad of other wonders were displayed in front of the stupefied eyes of the Samurai, in front of the majestic sight of the Capital palace, its marble so fair and pure that could almost reflect the image of whoever stood in front of it; decidedly a sublime and eternal work of art.

On the steps of the castle, dressed in her finest Royal garb, and her countenance impeccable, stood Her Majesty Quinn I. The Samuraikoku delegation immediately knelt on the floor before her sight, something at which she seemed most pleased. Yukimura supposed that Her Majesty was used to attention and appreciation, and enjoyed them a great deal; but although he was a modest man at heart, he could not harbor any negative feelings towards her. Despite being somewhat cheeky and vain, she was the leader of a prosperous queendom that could make such lavish preparations, and that alone was something to be proud of; Yukimura could completely understand.

Joined by Her Majesty, the Sanada delegation could only stare in fascination at the wonders of the festival that Ganosia had prepared. Fireworks, sights and shows, and local wonders served to the delight of the Samurai. In a special music festival, the Sanada Mission greatly enjoyed the songs that Ganosian musicians played in front of a large crowd. At the main event of the festival, it was Yukimura himself who got the greatest fascination of all. A large, stylish and artistic black ebony piano stood alone at a dimly illuminated stage. A figure in a white dress, the only true discernable light, approached to the piano and sat down gently. At that point, a spotlight came on the figure… and Yukimura was rendered speechless.

Sitting at the piano, tickling the ivory of the keys, was a young, angelic-looking woman. Her long black hair matched the ebony of the piano. Her fair skin made her seem, as if she was made of the same ivory of the keys, and her spotless face was the temple of two large round eyes, a small nose, and a small mouth of beautiful rouge lips. As if this divine appearance wasn’t enough, the sound of the melody in her piano only seemed to intensify her immaculate aura. Yet, as she played, Yukimura could notice something in the woman’s face that matched the melody, and that also matched something in his soul. This woman somehow seemed alone, not exactly sad or depressed, but a certain longing was hidden in her, although she smiled, her eyes closed, at the pleasure of her own melody. Yukimura stared at her shyly during her set, and once she finished playing, he was the first one to stand in the ovation that followed her last song. At that point, the announcer revealed her identity: Miss Esther Alakeshwara.

As soon as she bowed down to the crowd’s applause, she got off the stage and began walking away, going near the front row. In the commotion of the festival, Yukimura followed her some short steps. Being rather shy himself, he didn’t want to upset this young lady, so he spoke in a soft and quiet voice, almost as if begging her attention. Taking a superhuman effort to open his mouth and avoid stuttering, the words finally came out.

Yukimura: “Excuse me…”

The young woman turned to face him, with a startled expression. Yukimura made one step forward, taking care to keep his distance – he wouldn’t want to invade her personal space - , and bowed down.

Yukimura: “Please forgive my intrusion… but that was a sublime melody.”

Yukimura extended his hand, and as she gave hers for a handshake, he knelt down and kissed it.

Yukimura: “It is an honor to meet you. I am the Shôgun of Samuraikoku… Yukimura Sanada.”
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Abishag Korey was especially beautiful today. She usually always was but, today, it was even more prevalent as she stood there, waiting for the Shogun and his men to arrive. She wore a lavish suit that complimented her curves and her hair was let down. She bowed to the Shogun in the fashion of his compatriots and welcomed him with a jovial spirit to the Pansentient Queendom of Ganosia. Although the town of Dasani was, as Abishag put it, "rather insignificant in the span of Ganosian history," she commented at how the town had prepared itself for the Shogun's arrival, what with the flags and banners and the homely welcome sign across town hall placed all over the place in the town. All of Ganosia, in general, though, was decked out for the visitors.

There were sights and sounds in this town that were also bound to interest the samurai. Women in bikini shorts. Elderly men playing cards. Schoolchildren skateboarding and spitting slang at each other in brotherhood. As the combined delegations got aboard the train en route to Olyan, Abishag took it upon herself to sit in the compartment where Yukimura was to tell him about Ganosia's ambitions. She crossed her legs and tried not to look too alluring, especially because she was already married, but she didn't want to seem too uninterested in this whole mission. Occassionally she looked out the window but usually she was speaking to the Shogun while the samurai would be speakng to the various members of the Ganosian delegation, a few women there to give them some feminine attention if such was sought after - Ganosian women weren't forbidden to interact like that, you know.

"Shogun," she said, in a refined and cordial fashion, "I hope that this goes well for both our nations." Abishag then spent the remainder of the trip on her cellphone to talk to Dene, her husband, who she even purred at through the phone, although she did it far away from the foreigners, and even her own delegation, not wanting them to spot her flirting like that with the man she loved. She had promised to spend quality time with him after her work was done today - he'd be meeting her in Olyan. But before that, she managed to speak well to the Shogun, telling him about herself whenever he asked and about how she recently married the man of her dreams, Dene Korey, of Vecerian origin. She said Dene was a remarkable man. But she kept the praises of her husband to a minimum due to the circumstances of this engagement. But she didn't apologize for that as the train finally got to Olyan. Even the train station was decked out to the brim with celebrating citizens and banners and flags hanging all over the place around the new arrivals. The motorcade awaiting the foreigners acquired them and it drove down Olyan through dazzling crowds. The crowds jumped up and down and danced and yelled and howled and cheered and threw flowers and confetti down the streets of Olyan.

Olyan. That ancient city that had been Ganosia's capital since the dawn of her creation, a city that was even older than the nation itself. It was decked out like the goddesses of old in those fabled, ancient ceremonies of lore. Citizens cheered in the streets as the Shogun was carted through the capital all the way to the Queen, who immediately grinned and laughed with glee when she was given such great treatment by her visitors. Vanity, thy name is Queen Quinn. She was well dressed on this memorable occassion. She was decked out like any proper queen should be.

She bade the visitors amidst the great fanfare to rise. She took the Shogun into her private company and talked to him about various things, largely diplomatic and personal, and then the Shogun was sent on his way from the Palace in the Queen's company. Oh, how the Queen did tell him how touched she was by the honors she recieved from the people of Samuraikoku. The Queen was very touched. "It is touching to recieve such true, honest admiration, Shogun," the Queen said, "and I must say that I am very interested in acquiring kimonoes from your nation. Anything related to fashion: I want to know about it. I want to collect new outfits from around the world. Can you help me with this?"

The Queen then told him about how she wished to personally invite the Shogun to her wedding to the Crown Prince of Veceria and how Felix, the Crown Prince of Veceria, was such a gorgeous hunk of a man! But it all boiled down, in the end, to Esther Alakeshwara's exquisite playing on the piano, tempered only by her marvelous singing, requiring no autotune - no blasted innovations - to enrapture the hearts of the crowd. She played passionately and sung songs of love and hate, war and peace, and other subjects that spoke to the core of one's soul. She sounded like one of those soul singers, a gal playing the blues. She was the final act of the night after acts ranging from belly dancers to acrobats. Esther Alakeshwara played several songs, all from her debut album, and then slightly bowed to the audience in thanks before retreating from the stage - she didn't understand the incoming Shogun, who made her blush profusely as he kissed her hand. "Um," she muttered, "thank you for the compliment. My name is Esther...Ala...Al...Alakeshwara. Did you have an album you wanted me to sign for you? Or were you more interested in me?"

Esther stood there and did not flinch. She was still blushing as all hell, though. She looked at him and felt a tingly feeling run up her spine. She couldn't say anything more to him, it seemed. She just felt too self-conscious and didn't want to feel more embarassed.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Yukimura was caught off guard at Esther's last question. Even as he heard her stuttering - even though her stiff body language showed she made its best efforts to stop from shaking - , he was not in a better state himself. All he could do was rise; still kneeling there would have been a little too ridiculous, and he didn't want her to be embarrassed - or at least not any further. But as he rose, he suddenly felt a strange tickling on his belly, almost as if something was in his pocket. Reaching around, he felt what seemed to be a plastic case. He took it out of his pocket to find... an album by Esther Alakeshwara herself!

("What the...!?") - Was all Yukimura could think to himself, but if he didn't say or do something THEN, he would be in trouble - and no doubt Esther would be as well. He decided to take this opportunity out of nowhere for what was worth - a chance to lead her into a conversation. But what about that last question? If he said he only had an album for her to sign, he would - or so he thought - no doubt disappoint her. However, even though he WANTED to tell her he was interested in her, that would have seem too brash in his mind. So he decided to trust his instincts and charge at what he could - like he had charged into battle so many times.

Yukimura: - "Well, you see... I have this album that you can sign later... but I would first a-ask you... What was your inspiration to that song?"

He was afraid that the question would sound silly - so his mind told him, but his heart told another story: he was right on cue. That question could probably make her feel relaxed enough to explain something that she felt comfortable about - and thus give Yukimura enough time of a breather to regain his composure, typically breaking the ice. It might have sounded stupid, but Yukimura was a warrior and would always give a battle before being defeated, if that was to be his fate.

Esther began to explain the feelings she had poured onto her song - which in turn expanded into her whole album. She stuttered at first, but as she spoke her tone began to become more relaxed. Yukimura knew that at least in that little step, he had been successful. Not quite versed about music, there was another area that he could talk to her about - poetry. He had never been a writer, but he knew the technique - Shingen Takeda had taught it to him in his adolescent years. So he put an emphasis on the lyrics of her songs so that she saw that he, while not being anywhere near her knowledge, at least had a keen interest in what she was talking about.

This seemed to work, slowly but steadily they began to relate to each other while talking about poetry and personal feelings. Yukimura made it a point to tell her about the music and writing of his own nation. For a while it went smoothly, for exception of one little detail: They were both standing around alone, a pleasant yet rather uncomfortable situation for a conversation of this kind to take place - and a slightly cold breeze was threatening not to make it any better. Yukimura , once again making an effort to utter the words, invited Esther to walk around the festival. Esther, perhaps due to her loneliness, or politeness to the Shogun or maybe out of interest, kindly accepted. Continuing to talk as they explored the sights of the festival, soon they arrived to a place to sit, which they did. Yukimura held attention and courtesy most important - he gently pulled a chair for Esther to sit down before sitting himself.

Over two hot cups of coffee, the conversation turned into slightly more personal details. Esther told him about her quietness and shyness, and the rather lonely place in the mountains that she called home. Yukimura answered by telling her of his own timidness as well; even though he constantly battled against himself, he tried to overcome it. Esther asked him more, and Yukimura explained everything about how he lived his own life: The quiet childhood years in his hometown of Ueda, how it was razed to the ground in the Samuraikoku civil war, and how he made it a purpose in life to honor his fallen kind by ending the struggle and suffering once and for all. Perhaps Esther might have felt admiration, for she talked to him about her time as a nurse during the Ganosian fight against a tyrannic cult.

And perhaps war united them more than they could imagine, as neither of them could find solace from their own minds' haunting; that soon enough they began to feel mutually comforted by one another. As the festival ended, they were both forced to part, once again ending with Esther's hand kissed by Yukimura. As he saw her leave, he hoped this wasn't their last meeting.

The following morning, Yukimura found himself looking at the album that had somehow magically appeared for him - now with Esther's delicate signature on it - his thoughts were focused into solving this mystery: How had it come to him, inside his own ceremonial uniform, at the exact time? Yukimura opened it, to find a note:

"I have taken the liberty in the preparations for your journey, to include something that might help you please Miss Esther Alakeshwara. I know you will put it to good use when the opportunity presents itself."

The writing was familiar, but Yukimura paid no mind. One glance at the words was more than enough to discover the truth. Yukimura smiled.

Yukimura: "Oyakata-sama."

At that point, Yukimura was informed by Nobunaga that Her Majesty Quinn I was shortly about to celebrate the wedding she told him about - in a rather insistant way -, to which Yukimura instructed to message Mrs. Korey, and send several of the finest kimonoes to Her Majesty, as she had requested the day before. The Sanada Mission would be attending as well. Not only diplomatic relations required it, not only Yukimura wished the Queen the best, but Yukimura had a personal reason:

He had the feeling that there, he might see Esther again.
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 am

The festival celebrations slowly began to die down, late into the cool, calm, night, but there was slightly heated discussion between Esther and Yukimura. There was this belief - in Esther's dry and, yet, whimsical, heart - that the Shogun entered her life at an opportune and intriguing moment. She had never been set upon by the arrows of Cupid before in her life - her horny sister Judith got all those, it seemed - but she thought of the Shogun in such terms as she rode a limosuine en route to the train station after she finished up in Olyan, which itself was going to burst into even more extravagant celebration with the wedding of the Ganosian queen. Esther was going to attend, of course, because the wedding was a patriotic event. Her father would have told her that and she knew it, that macho-monarchist at the apex of his existence. Of course, her entire family would be there, she thought. Feron, Seka, Judith, Naomi, and even little Samson, that skateboarding twerp - as Judith liked to call him for fun - who lived with Mom and Dad at their chateau, the last child of the Alakeshwara family - well, at least this branch of it. There were other branches Esther knew about. There was Uncle Azriel, the charming and sophisticated aristocrat who made his residence outside his family's traditional mountain home - those cold, rigid mountains - and made it along the plains that covered the way to those mountains, around the town of Arefu. Azriel's family was bigger than brother Feron's, with approximately six daughters and three sons who, themselves, had their own families, although Azriel only had one daughter living with him since she was a teen, like Samson, and thus it'd be immoral to cast off an unprepared sheep into the world. Azriel would attend the wedding, of course. He was the man who opened the Alakeshwara family's war against Ian Brandon Anderson by simply taking over Arefu after shooting the pro-Ian mayor in the face with a pistol.

Esther got out of the limosuine at the far western train station, the one farthest - westward - of Olyan. She looked to see the full moon shining brightly over the station. The train was sitting there waiting for her to board. She nodded and then boarded the train, which immediately began to head straight for the town of Kuhlun where she lived - secluded in the mountains, a small town that was only known because Esther bothered to live there among the people therein. On the train, Esther thought about Yukimura. She thought about how the man seemed quite nice to her and how occidental he was with the kissing of her hand. She hadn't had that sort of treatment, but she knew Prince Raymond did that whenever he met a woman he particularly liked. She met him once, at a gala, but her father was there, so Raymond, who usually had an, um, record, had not kissed Esther's hand. But it is rumoured he slept with Esther's oldest sibling, Judith, but this was, in all likelihood, a probability no one really cared about, since it had not born a child. Judith herself would have said she did. Esther blushed at the thought of Judith. Luckily she was still in Legionica.

When she finally reached Kuhlun, Esther noticed that someone was waiting for her at the station. Oh, boy, she thought, as he emerged in his fine fur coat. Azriel was standing there with his daughter - Milka - who was in her own little fine fur coat and high, fur-laced, boots. Milka - "queen" in the Biblical tongue - was the only child of Azriel who lived with him, a la Samson, since she was still underage and, thus, deemed underdeveloped in Ganosian society. She greeted Esther with a kind hug and then let Azriel talk to Esther about the wedding in Olyan. He offered Esther the chance to ride along with him and Milka. Esther shrugged and said why not and she went with them. But before she did, she had Feron and Seka, her parents, notified. Feron, sometimes, didn't like his brother Azriel, who was often seen as an elitist snob or - rather - an irritating joker who couldn't stay serious for too long for his own good. "So," he said, "how was your time in Olyan?"

"Fine," Esther said, "fine."

"Did they like your concert?"

"Oh, sure," she said.

"Meet anyone that caught your eye?"

Esther shrugged and then, all of a sudden, said "yes" but then realized her mistake when Milka turned her head to giggle while Azriel laughed.

"Oh! Esther's finally found someone?"

"Shush, both of you!" Esther said, blushing madly.

Azriel chuckled. "Oh, Esther, it's only natural."

They ended up driving to a small cafe to have lunch, amidst the revering waiters, and then headed aboard a train back to Olyan. But all Esther could think about was what she had said about Yukimura.

OOC: Pause here till wedding's over - then we'll continue the Sanada Mission's trek.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:55 pm

OOC: I hope you don't mind me fast forwarding and writing this post out of convenience. It's just to get things going again here so please, don't mind my liberties. :D

Months passed since the Sanada Mission first arrived in Ganosia, its members exploring every nook and cranny of the island nation, usually with the Queen lecturing Yukimura about various things like how she wanted to get some kimonos and other examples of Samuraikoku fashion from him and how she apologized that Felix wasn't gonna be around for a while and how she liked how Ganosia - and herself, she hoped - were well liked in his nation. She even spent time with the Shogun, and aside from her smug and jovial ramblings about how awesome she was and how she hoped Felix would return from his business soon, her beloved husband and king consort from Veceria, she seemed quite nice enough to tell him about how nice it was that he had found Esther Alakeshwara to call his girlfriend - it was the Queen who unwittingly embarassed Esther during a dinner when she brought it up. Everyone was quite shocked. Esther? Really? She wasn't expected to have had such inclinations - she was the meek, virgin schoolgirl of the family, after all.

But Esther meekly confessed that she was, indeed, in love with the Shogun. Of course, it was easy to tell it was the truth when Yukimura could feel her lips on his own one night, her eyes closed and her hands wrapped around him. It was then that the both of them began going out on dates across Ganosia, frequenting the upper class joints and avoiding as best as they could the paparazzi - Esther even told her fanbase about Yukimura and they welcomed him into their fold, promising on the internet their support but, in their hearts, hatred if he dared do anything to hurt her - although her fans' rage would have been nothing to that of her parents, especially her father Feron, if he tried anything like that. And he couldn't forget Judith's threat at the party. But everyone knew he was kind, generous, and could never hurt her at all. But when it was time for the Shogun to leave Ganosia, after his mission was deemed finished with its aims, Esther told him that she would always be around if he wanted to keep in touch - it was at her personal residence and they were sitting together on a couch, cuddling together with Esther's head upon his bosom, her warmth enveloping him, her love like a snug blanket. They had just finished lunch and a discussion about Esther's aim to visit Samuraikoku with him in the near future. As she held onto him, she told him how much she owed him for breaking her out of her shell and how much she loved him.

Here was the perfect chance to propose to her - what with Esther not expecting any such request - but it was unknown if the Shogun had thought of doing that. Until he had done that, proposing to her in the middle of a concert when she brought him out onto the stage with her to show him off to her fans in public. She gleefully accepted the proposal and unveiled that the man in the new song she had recently written and performed that night was, indeed, Yukimura Sanada. Her entire family congratulated her on this auspicious occassion, with Judith embarassing her again when she mentioned in her message how she shouldn't forget protection. Esther told Yuki when he read the letter himself - since some of it addressed him - that she had no clear opinion on, um, doing that, since, um, I hadn't really thought about it, but she told him eventually that she could do something with him if he wanted, saying that she wanted to shed the meek and naive image she had and that she was confident in her ability to handle it. Of course, this declaration came right as Feron Alakeshwara, in his own words, told Yukimura about the "severe consequences" he'd incur if he knocked Esther up and then ditched her like trash. But besides that, Feron supported Yukimura marrying Esther and wished them both well. With Esther now marrying Yukimura, all of Ganosia burst into rapid discussion about it. Esther herself said that she wouldn't mind a Shinto wedding if the Shogun wanted one - she said that love was what mattered, not fineries. She, of course, decided, then, to take a break from performances and told Yuki that she'd have no more concerts for a while because she wanted to spend time with him. It was with Yuki, he could tell, that she began to be more open about her feelings with others. With the Shogun marrying the Alakeshwara girl, the Sanada Mission ended up anchored in Ganosia to handle the bureaucratic fallout of the situation. But, now, it was time for Yukimura to think long and hard about the situation, aside from the political effects of his decision. Could he be a true and honest husband for Esther?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:30 am

The Sanada Mission to Ganosia had been a success. In the following months to the arrival of the Samurai delegation, the relationship between both lands became very pleasant and close. Non-human sapients would travel to Samuraikoku, being received with open arms and the utmost respect. Many of them decided even, to make Samuraikoku a home away from home. And the Samurai people who visited Ganosia would return rambling incessantly about the wonders of such a fine land. Yukimura himself grew a love for Ganosia, after numerous encounters with Her Majesty Quinn I – who was respected not only in his eyes, but in the eyes of his nation as well.

But Yukimura’s love would be directed mostly, at Miss Esther Alakeshwara. In several dates they had across Ganosia, trying to avoid paparazzi (It was their job, Yukimura understood them, and if they wanted to investigate him, they would find no scandals of any kind, but hey – the privacy of two people dating should always be respected), Yukimura found he enjoyed himself – and her company - more than he had ever before. Miss Esther and him, however, wouldn’t be safe from the curious peeping eyes of the Ganosian nobles – With even Her Majesty Quinn I being one of them – and the Alakeshwara family. “Can you blame them?” – Yukimura thought to himself – “Miss Esther has been always quiet and shy, not unlike yourself, and suddenly she has begun seeing someone she might deem special. I would be shocked too.”

And indeed shocked he was, when Miss Esther Alakeshwara said at a dinner that she loved him, and once again Yukimura had to fight the battle of his life to not drop dead there and then – although only figuratively, of course; but as soon as the eyes of all the attendees became fixed on him, he could do nothing but show a candid, heartfelt smile. In Yukimura’s own land of Samuraikoku, the people received the news with enthusiasm, hoping for the best not only for the Shôgun, but for Miss Esther herself. Samurai fans of Miss Esther Alakeshwara made their best efforts to appease the rabid fanbase’s threats of hatred for him if she ever became hurt because of him. Even Yukimura himself understood not only them, but Miss Esther’s own family, and especially her father – and the Heavens forbid he became mad at Yukimura, or else Samuraikoku would be crushed under Ganosia. Such concerns, once again, would prove to be unfounded – and Yukimura himself would dedicate his every breath to show the world that indeed he was telling the truth and would rather die a thousand deaths than hurt Miss Esther.

Eventually, the Shôgun had to return to Samuraikoku, and the final days before that would be spent at Miss Esther’s residence. Right there and then, Yukimura found himself trapped – albeit delicately – by Miss Esther’s sweet embrace. The words after that – Miss Esther thanking him for breaking her out of her shell, rendered him almost speechless. This was a feeling he had felt himself as well, and Miss Esther had beaten him to it. Yukimura could nothing but tell her the truth.

Yukimura: “But my dear Esther… please… this sensation you describe I have felt the same as you. You are not in my debt any less than I am in yours. And if you will allow me to say it… I love you too. With all my heart.”

And then came Yukimura’s bravest act ever since fighting in the Samuraikoku civil war. In the eyes of all Ganosia, and Miss Esther herself, he proposed to her in one of her magnificent concerts. At that point, whether he was the Shôgun of Samuraikoku, casting away all the decorum and solemnities that diplomacy would require, how the fans would react – their ovation could have blown the stars in the sky -, or how Miss Esther’s own family would be amidst smiles and tears of joy, none of it mattered then. This was just a shy young man proposing marriage to an equally shy young woman, whom he loved with all his heart, and knew how lucky he was for his feelings being returned. When Miss Esther accepted, Yukimura felt a strange sensation. For the first time in his life ever since childhood, he felt happy.

It was the best moment of his life.

Of course, no happy moment would be complete without a dose of laughter. Enter Miss Esther’s family making jokes related to sex. Yukimura had grown to not only respect them as the family of his girlfriend –or fiancée at this point -, but he had developed a deep like for each one of them. Even Miss Esther’s sister Judith, her comments always being controversial at least, didn’t raise Yukimura’s antipathy in the slightest. As for Mr. Feron’s threat of severe consequences, Yukimura would have laughed too if he hadn’t been such a serious man all his life. Then Miss Esther’s own comments about sex made him think about it in a serious point of view. None of them had ever had any sexual experiences before, and shy as they were, chances were they would both feel awkward at the notion at first. When Miss Esther told Yukimura that she didn’t have a clear opinion about it, Yukimura couldn’t any less than agree, and say “Well my dear Esther, you’re not dealing with someone acquainted with that field either”, with a small laugh.

But before sex, there was an important matter: Where and how would the wedding ceremony take place? Miss Esther had said that she wouldn’t mind a Shinto wedding, but Yukimura wouldn’t want Miss Esther to feel away from her own land traditions either. So he suggested “why don’t we compromise, we could have a Shinto wedding celebrated in your homeland.”

And then, of course, was the news of Esther going into a break from music just to spend some time with him. Happy as he was with Miss Esther’s love, Yukimura couldn’t help – he was such a good-natured man at heart – to feel a little guilty for being the cause of her break. But, since she wouldn’t really change her decision – and Yukimura would have been disrespectful to treat her feelings that lightly – he became determined to show Miss Esther that her choice would not be in vain. Having never been a husband, he wasn’t exactly sure how he would make it, but from then on he had the deepest determination to be the best husband ever existing, if such thing was possible.

It was the least he could do. Miss Esther Alakeshwara deserved it, and more.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates