NATION

PASSWORD

Concerning Kelevar (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Concerning Kelevar (IC)

Postby Koumpounophobia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Jacob remained patient and quiet in his room, trying to obey his direct orders, but it grew steadily more difficult as he kept recalling that delicious pie. He crept out, down the hall, and into the elevator. He jumped out and had great difficulty walking calmly through the lobby.
The second he got out the door, he boarded the nearest maglev and fled for the festival's core.

But along the way, he kept getting a creeping sense that things were about to get difficult...

Tanara
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:07 pm

"Where shall we be going?"

"Well, once we're settled in, how about some place that embodies the start of Kelevar? I know so little about the colony." Valeria suggested

"Was this colony one of Commander Rajiin Dekker's projects? The last bit of Krioval's history I learned ended with the civil war and the death of Valkai the Younger. The Empires interaction with your 'parent' nation rather ends there sadly enough." She added as a bit of explanation as to how much, or really how little, she knew.

"I'll be happy to be part of an official function." She looked through the door into the two bedroom suite that Lucinda had guided them to and nodded in aproval "In fact, who should I contact about setting up a booth on Tanara's behalf. If it's allowed I could get a message home and they could have a booth and personell to man it here in a day. We've got systems in this galaxy now." Valeria offered eagerly. It might be a very good idea as a renewal of relationship between the two.

Roger had begun taking the luggabe off of the little cart that had floated silently along behind him and began settleing them into the spacious rooms. They held a melange of decor that all worked together and he guessed that Serph Deller had instructed his designer to blend in as much native as Kriovalan into the airy builfing.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Tanara wrote:"Where shall we be going?"

"Well, once we're settled in, how about some place that embodies the start of Kelevar? I know so little about the colony." Valeria suggested

"Perhaps a trip to the mountains? I mean, Kelevar has such an abundance of rare ores that mining may very well be considered the 'start' of Kelevar." Lucinda studied Valeria's response. "I don't mean to say that we'd visit one of the operations, but I have a feeling that you'd appreciate the natural beauty and maybe get away from all this...city?"

"Was this colony one of Commander Rajiin Dekker's projects? The last bit of Krioval's history I learned ended with the civil war and the death of Valkai the Younger. The Empires interaction with your 'parent' nation rather ends there sadly enough." She added as a bit of explanation as to how much, or really how little, she knew.

The historian went white with shock. "Raijin?! I was told as a child that Lord Serph had been called that in his younger years...but something has changed." Lucinda furrowed her brow. "It's as if I should remember something, but yet...oh well. I'm sure it will come to me."

"I'll be happy to be part of an official function." She looked through the door into the two bedroom suite that Lucinda had guided them to and nodded in aproval "In fact, who should I contact about setting up a booth on Tanara's behalf. If it's allowed I could get a message home and they could have a booth and personell to man it here in a day. We've got systems in this galaxy now." Valeria offered eagerly. It might be a very good idea as a renewal of relationship between the two.

"I'll be happy to forward your intent to the Tourism Agency, though that's more a formality than anything else. Feel free to begin arrangements as soon as you would like." Lucinda bit at her upper lip absently. "I've never been outside of our *galaxy*, Val! How incredible must it be, I should wonder. At least you'll have something other than boring state business to discuss with Lord Dylan." She leaned in conspiratorially. "He's notoriously reserved when he wants to be, you know."
Last edited by Krioval on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm

"I don't mean to say that we'd visit one of the operations, but I have a feeling that you'd appreciate the natural beauty and maybe get away from all this...city?"
“I’d love a trip to the mountains. I got my Laurel for my jewellery making. I’m always interested in metals and stones so even visiting one of the mines would be interesting.” Valeria responded without hesitation, “But yes this” Once again she tapped the float chair with her knuckles “has kept me more confined to civilization that I like”

Two sets of eyes observed the historian’s shock and muddled answer, but only Valeria made any comment on it “Oh I am sure that it will come to you.” And that was done in a kindly if ever so slightly dismissive tone, as if the whole bit just then hadn’t been terribly interesting. But mental eyes blinked and narrowed.

Outwardly Valeria’s eyes crinkled at Lucinda’s confidence “I’ll be sure to do my best to draw him out. But why don’t we make it an even exchange, I’ll tell you what life is like in the Empire in turn for your history lessons?” She looked to see how Lucinda would react to that offer. “But could you advise the Tourism Agency and arrange for the trip to the mountains while I change into something a little more suited for outdoorsy stuff?” She ushered the assistant professor over to the door “It won’t take me a minute to change”

Once Lucinda was gone, Roger flicked on the privacy field – a security suppression system. Valeria had given him the code word and he knew that she wanted and brought over the concealed communications system which took only a second to boot up the quantum hyper encryption.

“Naga, send out a message to the Ministry of Affairs and ask them to task one of our roving meet and greet teams to Kelevar asap. Team Zeta is young and fun, I saw them on Perrimore and they impressed me.”

She listened to the C.S.’s reply and laughed “Well, I am a Good Will Ambassador, what good would I be if I didn’t generate some. Yes, it certainly does look like I am going to have a good time here.”

“Now next order of business. Take a message to Aunt Michiko, she’s on Terra right now if I remember correctly. Message as follows “Takes two to tango.” Please see that it is delivered sooner than asap.” Valeria closed the compact commo unit with a snap and handed it back to Roger.

Roger looked at her with a raised eyebrow. “Takes Two?”

Valeria smiled “You’ve never seen her face when she talks about Valkai. He’d been missing…dead…gone…for what oh…two …no four years before I was born and to this day part of her waits for him to return. She has never believed he was dead, and yes I know this doesn’t sound like it makes much sense, but now I’m wondering if someone has been messing with memories in wholesale lots. Lucinda went remarkably pale.” Roger nodded at that, he’d caught it too “And the history bit that I read said that Raijin…Serph disappeared into the ever dark. Aunt Michiko liked him too“

She looked at him challengingly ‘Yes I am stirring the pot. She will be here soon, and maybe, just maybe there are some answers to be gained.”

Roger just shook his head and helped her change out of the sari and into clothes more suited for ‘roughing’ it.
Last edited by Tanara on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Tanara wrote:“I’d love a trip to the mountains. I got my Laurel for my jewellery making. I’m always interested in metals and stones so even visiting one of the mines would be interesting.” Valeria responded without hesitation, “But yes this” Once again she tapped the float chair with her knuckles “has kept me more confined to civilization that I like”

"If geology is of interest, I could root through the old faculty directory. I'm sure there must be somebody with expertise in that area who could speak more authoritatively on Kelevar's metals and stones."

Two sets of eyes observed the historian’s shock and muddled answer, but only Valeria made any comment on it “Oh I am sure that it will come to you.” And that was done in a kindly if ever so slightly dismissive tone, as if the whole bit just then hadn’t been terribly interesting. But mental eyes blinked and narrowed.

Lucinda blushed slightly. "I've never had this happen before," she said with some irritation, directed more at herself than at the situation. "Well," she said, her tone light again, "I've never shrunk from a mystery either."

Outwardly Valeria’s eyes crinkled at Lucinda’s confidence “I’ll be sure to do my best to draw him out. But why don’t we make it an even exchange, I’ll tell you what life is like in the Empire in turn for your history lessons?” She looked to see how Lucinda would react to that offer. “But could you advise the Tourism Agency and arrange for the trip to the mountains while I change into something a little more suited for outdoorsy stuff?” She ushered the assistant professor over to the door “It won’t take me a minute to change”

"I think that can be arranged. I will wait at the front gate then, with appropriate transportation."

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

The sun had begun its descent into the vast ocean of Xaymaca. The sky slowly turned from a tinted blue to a flaming reddish-orange to a deep indigo. The water changed colors as well, reflecting the sky in slow, steady shimmers.

Crystalline Fosterman loved such sunsets. She had an excellent view of them from her glass-plated office high above the seastead of Qumenee. As the sky-show concluded, she turned to her desk and picked up her suitcase, smiling to herself. It had been a long day, and she was looking forward to a warm bubble bath with a good book.

Her hand was just reaching toward the light switch when a lackey burst into the room. "Ms. Fosterman, there's an invitation for you."

Crystalline scanned the paper. "This is from a few days ago."

"Yes, ma'am. We do apologize."

"One day, I'm going to create a real Office of Communications." Crystalline shrugged. "That will be the same day I name myself a real President or Queen or something. Thank you for delivering this."

Crystalline took the elevator down to the lobby and headed to her car. The car lit up upon "seeing" her. "Hello, Chrissy. Will it be straight home as usual?"

"As usual, Gloria. Thank you."

Too tired to drive, Crystalline set Gloria to autopilot. The buildings passed by in a blur, unnoticed by Crystalline, who was deep in thought. Finally, she instructed, "Gloria, dial Joanne."

"Dialing Joanne Isleforce."

Shortly, a brunette's face filled the small screen above the dashboard. "Hi, Chrys. What's up?"

Crystalline smiled. "Feel like embarking on a spectacular adventure?"

---
Jeremiah Deltapsi glanced into the blackness beyond the window. "Remind me why I agreed to this."

Joanne wove her arm around his. "Don't be silly. Space travel is old news. Why, just a few months ago, I visited Mosiant on the nicest, snazziest-"

"'Little craft my money could buy,'" Jeremiah finished. "I know it was a wonderful experience for you, my love, but please. You've told the story a few hundred times, and that's just in my presence."

Joanne pouted, then broke into a big, beautiful smile. "Thank you for coming, love."

Over the intercom, the captain announced, "We're approaching Kelevar, people. Hope you enjoyed your trip."

Jeremiah rolled his eyes but said nothing. Joanne leaned against his shoulder.

"Kelevar, this is Antemyst Diplomatic Shuttle Vanguard," the pilot said over the allcom. "Request permission to land."

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 pm

Jacob smiled as he took a heartwarming bite of pie. He looked toward the sky in joy, and there he was almost surprised to see another ship approaching. He was trying to figure out what report he'd seen this craft in, but couldn't place it. He finished up the pie, payed, and made his way out, looking for the location where this particular craft would be landing.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

Antemyst wrote:"Kelevar, this is Antemyst Diplomatic Shuttle Vanguard," the pilot said over the allcom. "Request permission to land."

"This is Kelevar Space Command. Please proceed along flight corridor two. Uploading coordinates now." A few seconds passed. "Permission to land granted. Welcome to Kelevar and enjoy your stay."

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm

"I think that can be arranged. I will wait at the front gate then, with appropriate transportation."

She had loved the thought of having a knowledgeable geologist there but she had also asked Lucinda not to make a special effort. She felt bad enough that she needed special transportation. But she had good news to offer

One of Tanara's best travelling "let us introduce you to..." troupes and their displays would be on planet within twenty four hours at most. They'd need two plus acres but the display could be outdoors or in single or multi level, and while yes an area roughly four hundred foot on a side was sizeable it included educational displays – culture, history, literature, art, music, technology and more as well as food, merchandise and entertainment booths. And it would all be unloaded and set up in about an hours, it had it’s own power and lights, water and sanitary accommodations as well heating and cooling if such were needed. The empire in a box they called it.

It actually took more than a minute to change, and take care of personal necessities, but then again no one ever said that being partially paralyzed was easy. But in any event, Valeria and Roger were at the front gate rather shortly given the complexity of such.

She wore a wide brimmed hat to shade her face and a sensible cotton camp shirt and khaki skirt. “Well the Empire in a box, or rather several large containers and all the personell needed to run it will be here bright and early tomorrow. I’ve got a list of the personell and the equipment manifests to give to the proper authorities as well as the stats on what size area they’ll need.” She held out a data crystal.

“Also my aunt Michiko will be coming to take in the celebrations, and should be arriving later today.” Waiting for a reply from Michiko had been a minor part of the delay.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Tanara wrote:“Also my aunt Michiko will be coming to take in the celebrations, and should be arriving later today.” Waiting for a reply from Michiko had been a minor part of the delay.

"Excellent. I look forward to meeting her," Lucinda said sincerely. "Now, as for our transportation." A larger version of the hover craft idled at the front gates. "This will take us to the air and spaceport. It will be a short flight north to get where we're going. Sub-orbital, at least, and it should take only an hour or so. We'll skim the ground so that you can see some of the features. Shall we be off?"

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Krioval wrote:"This is Kelevar Space Command. Please proceed along flight corridor two. Uploading coordinates now." A few seconds passed. "Permission to land granted. Welcome to Kelevar and enjoy your stay."

Vanguard found the flight corridor and landed smoothly. Joanne bounded out of the craft excitedly; Jeremiah stepped down shakily, then paused, savoring his return to terra firma.

After thanking the crew profusely, Joanne and Jeremiah gathered their things- a suitcase, a shoulder bag and a handbag for Joanne, a large suitcase for Jeremy- and headed through security and customs. There was certainly nothing suspect in their bags or on their persons, so they proceeded quite quickly to the front gate.

Jeremiah looked around nervously. This place was certainly different. "What do you think we ought to do?" he asked Joanne.

Joanne shrugged. "Ask around." They approached someone who could have been anything from a baggage handler to a chauffeur. "Excuse me, sir," Joanne said very politely. "We're here for the festival- guests of Lord Dylan, from a place called Antemyst. Do you happen to know where we are to go?"

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 pm

In which some things get more clearly explained...

The Phoenix Empire of Tanara was not necessarily the most traditional of empires, having only been an empire the last less than a hundred or so of its some eighteen hundred years of existence as a nation. Primarily non traditional in that the population had voted to abandon democracy and become an empire ruled by the decisions and laws created by whoever held the Crown. Oh there were the Upper and Lower Houses, the Upper being appointed from among the 'Peerages' and the Lower elected ‘at large’ from through-out the Empire, but they acted as advisory committees’ rather than legislative bodies.

Also lacking any sort of monarchal tradition since before their arrival in the Celestial Ring and founding, they elected their first Empress. It was against her will, she had refused to run, but didn’t realize there was a write-in option. She got written in. But she served her people to the best of her ability – and she really was very good – for somewhat over forty five years, then abdicated to very relievedly place the Crown upon the next poor victims head erm…heir’s head. And not a single one of those heirs was a child of hers. That’s not how it works in the Phoenix Empire. The Lower and Upper Houses appoints three between them, the populace at large elects three and the current holder of the throne gets to nominate three. The next holder of the Crown was drawn from among those nine.

Michiko Sierra Jones had been the first Empress, Kaylinde Moore had held the Crown for nearly forty and Dominique was Empress. Now Michiko was merely her Serene Highness, the Dowager Empress, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Universe at Large

She looked much now as she had then, when she had first visited Krioval just a year before her abdication, but the Phoenix Empire had long had Prolong Therapy, anagathics that extended their life span from roughly just under a hundred and a half years to five hundred or more in some instances. Which did not much make them a people inclined to hurry, but at this moment her most Serene Highness was in a hurry and it showed.

Her personal starcraft the Hamadryad, shipped through Terra’s atmosphere as if it wasn’t and made the Translation to Desitter Space as soon as he was out of the planets gravitational field.

“Once we’re in Kelevar space please make reservations for me under the name of M. Sirocco Jones.” She smiled a little but there was sadness deep in her eyes. That was the ‘mis cognito ‘ she had chosen to go to Krioval under, to the Festival of Fighters where she had met Valkai. Her heart ached furiously and she held her memories of their love close then slowly returned them to the cache where she kept her dreams. She wasn’t truly sure of why she was going to Kelevar, but Valeria’s message had drawn her in all haste.

But it wasn’t as if she couldn’t use a vacation.
Last edited by Tanara on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Antemyst wrote:Jeremiah looked around nervously. This place was certainly different. "What do you think we ought to do?" he asked Joanne.

Joanne shrugged. "Ask around." They approached someone who could have been anything from a baggage handler to a chauffeur. "Excuse me, sir," Joanne said very politely. "We're here for the festival- guests of Lord Dylan, from a place called Antemyst. Do you happen to know where we are to go?"

"Guests of the Governor?" he asked blankly. He cocked his head to one side. "Ah! Diplomatic visitors. I swear, I'd forget my own head if, well, you know. Welcome to Kelevar. Did you get a transit pass yet?" He rummaged through a small container attached to his belt. "Here you go. Two passes. Take an air taxi to the capital and go to the Foreign Affairs building. They'll put you up at the Earthlight Hotel. Nice place. There anything else I can do for you?"

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:17 am

Krioval wrote:
Antemyst wrote:Jeremiah looked around nervously. This place was certainly different. "What do you think we ought to do?" he asked Joanne.

"Guests of the Governor?" he asked blankly. He cocked his head to one side. "Ah! Diplomatic visitors. I swear, I'd forget my own head if, well, you know. Welcome to Kelevar. Did you get a transit pass yet?" He rummaged through a small container attached to his belt. "Here you go. Two passes. Take an air taxi to the capital and go to the Foreign Affairs building. They'll put you up at the Earthlight Hotel. Nice place. There anything else I can do for you?"

This was when Jacob finally arrived, a little behind but not hopelessly so.
"Hello therrre! Might I ask what nation you arrrrre frrom?" asked Jacob of the two newcomers. In a hopes to make himself seem more genuine, he held up his identification papers.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 am

Krioval wrote:"Guests of the Governor?" he asked blankly. He cocked his head to one side. "Ah! Diplomatic visitors. I swear, I'd forget my own head if, well, you know. Welcome to Kelevar. Did you get a transit pass yet?" He rummaged through a small container attached to his belt. "Here you go. Two passes. Take an air taxi to the capital and go to the Foreign Affairs building. They'll put you up at the Earthlight Hotel. Nice place. There anything else I can do for you?"

Joanne took the two passes, handing one to Jeremy. "Thank you so much, sir. Air taxi to Foreign Affairs, Earthlight Hotel. I think we should be fine from here on out."

Koumpounophobia wrote:This was when Jacob finally arrived, a little behind but not hopelessly so.
"Hello therrre! Might I ask what nation you arrrrre frrom?" asked Jacob of the two newcomers. In a hopes to make himself seem more genuine, he held up his identification papers.

"Hello," Joanne said pleasantly. "We are from a tiny nation called Antemyst."

Jeremy examined the man's papers. He was apparently a Negotiator from Koumpounophobia. "Nice to meet you... Jason, is it? I'm Jeremiah Deltapsi, Unofficial Adviser to Her Unofficial Leadershipness. This is my girlfriend, Joanne Isleforce, who is also an Adviser."

"I think we'll head to Foreign Affairs to check in," Joanne added as an air taxi pulled up next to them. "Care to join us? We can talk more on the way there."
Last edited by Antemyst on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 am

Antemyst wrote:"Hello," Joanne said pleasantly. "We are from a tiny nation called Antemyst."

Jeremy examined the man's papers. He was apparently a Negotiator from Koumpounophobia. "Nice to meet you... Jason, is it? I'm Jeremiah Deltapsi, Unofficial Adviser to Her Unofficial Leadershipness. This is my girlfriend, Joanne Isleforce, who is also an Adviser."

"I think we'll head to Foreign Affairs to check in," Joanne added as an air taxi pulled up next to them. "Care to join us? We can talk more on the way there."

Jacob smiled.
"I was just therrre a bit ago- They'rrrre verry efficient!" replied Jacob, following along. He simply ignored the translation mistake for hopes of a potential alliance. Besides, he could deal with being called Jason. Wasn't the worst thing he'd been called. That decided, Jacob followed the two Antemyst advisors, smiling at the idea of sharing his delicious pie discovery.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:08 pm

The three hopped into the air taxi and were soon on their way. The ride was surprisingly smooth, and Jeremiah made a mental note to recommend this make of air vehicles to Crystalline. Joanne watched as they passed things- the city was very, very colorful, which she liked. She wished she had brought some brighter-colored clothes- here she would stick out like an Aqua at a Delta party.

Joanne turned to Jacob. "You were just at the Foreign Affairs office, you say? I take it that you've been here for a while then. What have you been up to? Have we missed anything?"

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Antemyst wrote:The three hopped into the air taxi and were soon on their way. The ride was surprisingly smooth, and Jeremiah made a mental note to recommend this make of air vehicles to Crystalline. Joanne watched as they passed things- the city was very, very colorful, which she liked. She wished she had brought some brighter-colored clothes- here she would stick out like an Aqua at a Delta party.

Joanne turned to Jacob. "You were just at the Foreign Affairs office, you say? I take it that you've been here for a while then. What have you been up to? Have we missed anything?"

Jacob shrugged a little, smiling.
"I haven't been herrre that long... There's the festival with some grrrrrrreat food, and therre's a new goverrrrnerrrr coming into office. I'm herre to establish an alliiance between my nation and Krrrrrioval."
Last edited by Koumpounophobia on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Jeremiah nodded. "We're here on a similar mission. Our leader, Ms. Fosterman, felt that there would be some important nations here in addition to Krioval, and that Antemyst could use a bit more publicity. We're a small nation, but we have much to offer. And I'm sure there's much to learn from the nations represented here.

"But that's enough diplomatic talk. Food, you say? An international trip is never complete without a detailed sampling of the local cuisine. We'll have to go investigate that later."

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 pm

We'll skim the ground so that you can see some of the features. Shall we be off?"

"That sounds wonderful" Valeria was honestly excited by the excursion and it showed. Roger quickly assisted her in maneuvering the float chair on-board, and then settled himself after offering Lucinda a hand aboard. Such gentlemanly manners came naturally to him, and he meant nothing insulting or demeaning toward her.

Valeria kept her eyes out the transparent view dome as they headed back for the spaceport, asking Lucinda bout various buildings and place that caught her eyes. 'You have such a colorful world! Is it possible to export live flowers and such? My brother is quite a gardener and would love to have a green house full of them"

Just a few hours later a small staryacht would enter the system and request landing permission and coordinates. Once the initial 'handshakes' were completed the Hamadryad would then request reservations for one, a Ms. M. Sirocco Jones, at one of the capitol's best Bed & Breakfast or Guest House if such small, private accommodations were available.

That taken care of the yacht's C.S. then contacted a local bank and established a line of credit in Ms. Jones's name, a liberal one without being large enough to raise suspicions.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Antemyst wrote:Jeremiah nodded. "We're here on a similar mission. Our leader, Ms. Fosterman, felt that there would be some important nations here in addition to Krioval, and that Antemyst could use a bit more publicity. We're a small nation, but we have much to offer. And I'm sure there's much to learn from the nations represented here.

"But that's enough diplomatic talk. Food, you say? An international trip is never complete without a detailed sampling of the local cuisine. We'll have to go investigate that later."

The mention of food stirred Jacob's attention easily. He smiled, swiveling his head. That pie was far too tasty.
"Therrrrre's a wonderrrful kind of pie. Not entirrrely surre whats in it. I think it's a local frruit species."
Last edited by Koumpounophobia on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Joanne couldn't help smiling at Jason's (Jacob's) accent. "Yes, some of the plant species I've seen here appear quite exotic. We should find out more about that pie. I'd love to try one."

Presently, the air taxi pulled up to the Foreign Affairs office. Jeremiah paid the driver (in the local currency; he had exchanged some of his cohobas while passing through customs). He got out first, then helped Joanne out, and held the door open for Jacob.

They entered and approached the front desk. "Good day," Jeremiah said to the receptionist. "We are representatives sent from Antemyst. We have been instructed to check in here."

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

Antemyst wrote:Joanne couldn't help smiling at Jason's (Jacob's) accent. "Yes, some of the plant species I've seen here appear quite exotic. We should find out more about that pie. I'd love to try one."

Presently, the air taxi pulled up to the Foreign Affairs office. Jeremiah paid the driver (in the local currency; he had exchanged some of his cohobas while passing through customs). He got out first, then helped Joanne out, and held the door open for Jacob.

They entered and approached the front desk. "Good day," Jeremiah said to the receptionist. "We are representatives sent from Antemyst. We have been instructed to check in here."

Jacob entered the building, and nodded smiling at the receptionist. The two of them recognized each other. So as to avoid backing up the line, Jacob stayed close to the door and started looking over a few pieces of paperwork he would need in negotiating an alliance.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:47 am

Tanara wrote:"That sounds wonderful" Valeria was honestly excited by the excursion and it showed. Roger quickly assisted her in maneuvering the float chair on-board, and then settled himself after offering Lucinda a hand aboard. Such gentlemanly manners came naturally to him, and he meant nothing insulting or demeaning toward her.

Valeria kept her eyes out the transparent view dome as they headed back for the spaceport, asking Lucinda bout various buildings and place that caught her eyes. 'You have such a colorful world! Is it possible to export live flowers and such? My brother is quite a gardener and would love to have a green house full of them"

"I think that can be arranged." The craft sped toward the spaceport, arriving just a few minutes later. "We'll just need to go to the next terminal. This way." Lucinda flashed an ID vaguely in the direction of a security guard, and the group was obligingly allowed forward. She tucked the card back into an inner pocket and walked into the chartered flights terminal. "Excellent. Are you ready to depart?"

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Dylan watched his friend leave the homestead. It would be everywhere in the media that they were talking again - privately. Then there would be all the innuendo. At least it might serve as distraction from the ship fragment. The wind pushed at his long hair with a bit more insistence. A storm was likely approaching. It was time to head back, then. Dylan had seen enough early season storms to know that it would rain for the better part of a day, and he hated to get caught in the rain if it wasn't necessary. He flipped the switch to his communications console.

"Yes, Dylan, I know it's going to rain," came the lilting voice from the other end. "I just got a message from Lucinda about some diplomatic visitors. They're going to visit the mines this afternoon, so I'll not be stuck in the weather."

"I will make sure the house is closed up, then. Will I be seeing you in the capital?"

"Oh, yes. I'll return with Lucinda and company by the end of the week, depending on how long they want to sightsee."

"Very well, then."

Dylan ended the transmission and set about closing the many glass windows. He had hoped to meet with Morgan prior to leaving, but their business could wait for a few days. He climbed into his vehicle and began to input the activation sequences. He had built this prototype along with space command, and it would serve well to get him back to the capital within an hour. Dylan engaged the propulsion system and pushed the throttle forward. The craft lifted off of the ground and sped upwards. Hanging a sharp right turn, he set the coordinates for Karo Tevas and began to peruse the file labeled "Tanara". These guests would prove to be important, he realized, though how they would be important remained to be seen.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates