NATION

PASSWORD

Bozepoline Surrender to Gynostan (closed, IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Bozepoline Surrender to Gynostan (closed, IC)

Postby Bozepolis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm

CLOSED to ALL BUT BOZEPOLIS and GYNOSTAN (for the time being, at least)

The Most Serene Republic of Bozepolis was a very large, socially progressive, economically powerful nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, unlimited-speed roads and barren, inhospitable landscape. But on April 9, 2011, the government collapsed into anarchy, and its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.5 million (125 million NS) were gripped by an overwhelming sense of fear, as the power vacuum the complete breakdown of social order created led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
President Lukas Enrikas, the Most Serene Republic’s head of state and government, had to act quickly, so he did the only thing he could think to do – he wrote a letter to the ruler a massive nation nearby that many considered an international pariah...
He wrote to Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina of the Womyn’s Paradise of Gynostan, a ruler the World Assembly had classified as a “psychotic dictator” and whose narcissism was clearly reflected in the cult of personality she’d built around herself in her own nation.
His letter in part read:

The solution to (Bozepolis’) current crisis is painfully obvious – the Bozepolines must no longer be allowed to control our own destiny. The Bozepolines need a foreign dictatrix to completely dominate us; to make all our decisions with regards to domestic, foreign, trade and all other policies; and to rule us not with our own best interests at heart, but her own.
In my humble opinion, that person is You, Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina.
I bow to Your superior leadership skills. Please, Chairwomyn. On my hands and knees with my face buried in the ground at Your feet, please, I beg You, please claim Bozepolis as Your territory and please claim me and the Bozepoline people as Your slaves. Please take command of this country and give us the punishment we deserve for letting things get so out of hand, and force upon us the discipline we need to make sure it never happens again. And please, in doing so, please don’t take the wellbeing of my people into account, only Your own. The Bozepoline people have been serving ourselves for far too long. Now, it’s time we learn to serve someone like You.
He who is Your greatest admirer and who prays to be Your puppet,
Lukas Enrikas
President, Most Serene Republic of Bozepolis

To which the supreme party chairwomyn replied:

I can see that your nation has reached the truly degenerate loss of law and order that is anarchy. However, all is not lost. You have recognized that your nation has defied the natural order and that it must be placed under the Supreme and Benevolent Guidance of Stalarina.
The first thing your nation must recognize is that the composition of your nation emerges from its symbols and slogans, so your first task is to change your motto and flag. It must no longer be the degenerate “Liberty, Prosperity, Democracy,” but instead a more suitable one must be devised. The slogan “Order, Work, Motherhood” shall do nicely, both in your flag and your national motto.
Your national anthem of the same name must also be replaced. The song I have in mind, written by me and played by the Party Orchestra, is “No Motherland without Stalarina.” You may keep the normal flag colors. Furthermore, though your country will continue to be called “Bozepolis,” the name of your capital city must be changed. The name “Stalarinagrad” should serve as a testament to my help in saving your nation.
And lastly, your nation will no longer be called a “most serene republic” or a “republic” of any kind. From now on, your country will be referred to as “the Matriarchy of Bozepolis.” Accordingly, you will no longer be referred to by the corrupt capitalist honorific of “president.” From now on, your title will be “Chairperson of the Bozepoline People’s Party.”
Now prepare my eponymous for my arrival.
Yours sincerely,
the Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina of The Womyn’s Paradise of Gynostan

President People’s Party Chairperson Enrikas breathed a sigh of relief. Very soon, the mess he’d made would be cleaned up. Very soon, the chaos would disappear and order would be restored. Very soon, a ruler far superior to him would arrive...
Very soon, Chairwomyn Stalarina would begin the process of breaking Bozepolis down, destroying everything it built and re-making it in her image.
Enrikas ordered the changes made to the flag and national motto.
“And when the supreme party chairwomyn gets here, I want ‘No Motherland without Stalarina’ playing from loudspeakers throughout the city... the city of Stalarinagrad!

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Stalarina had stepped off her plane to Bozepolis, the song of her country 'No Motherland without Stalarina' played in the background as her group of male bodyguards formed up on both sides of her. She was pleased at the opportunity to spread her ideology beyond the borders of Gynostan, isolated by years of international sanctions and her steadfast refusal to open the country to the hordes of finance capitalism.

Already Enrikas had begun the long transformation process by following her advice to the letter. And as she met with this man he seemed both nervous and relieved at her presence, he did not have the fortitude or intelligence of a Womyn like her, but that is why he called upon her to begin with. Already she could see in the background the motorcycle gangs he told her that he had battled with, but even these gangs dared not come closer. It was time that he present all of the issues which faced Bozepolis, so she could decide better then he could

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:42 am

Gynostan wrote:Stalarina had stepped off her plane to Bozepolis, the song of her country 'No Motherland without Stalarina' played in the background as her group of male bodyguards formed up on both sides of her. She was pleased at the opportunity to spread her ideology beyond the borders of Gynostan, isolated by years of international sanctions and her steadfast refusal to open the country to the hordes of finance capitalism.

Already Enrikas had begun the long transformation process by following her advice to the letter. And as she met with this man he seemed both nervous and relieved at her presence, he did not have the fortitude or intelligence of a Womyn like her, but that is why he called upon her to begin with. Already she could see in the background the motorcycle gangs he told her that he had battled with, but even these gangs dared not come closer. It was time that he present all of the issues which faced Bozepolis, so she could decide better then he could

“First of all, on behalf of the Matriarchy of Bozepolis, please allow me to welcome you to your nation, Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina,” Enrikas said.
Then he increased the volume of his voice so that any biker nearby could hear.
“I’ve heard how you do politics in Gynostan,” he continued. “How you gun down protesters without mercy, how you bulldoze people’s homes to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, and how you’ve made veganism compulsory. A week ago, I would have let your plane crash into the ocean rather than let it land on Bozepoline soil, but today, I bow to you as Bozepolis’ national and my personal savior. There is nothing the Bozepoline people and I do not owe Stalarina and Gynostan, and there is nothing the Bozepoline people and I will not do for Stalarina and Gynostan.
“So, before I inform you of our present issue, please tell me, is there anything I and/or Bozepolis can do for you and/or Gynostan?”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 am

Gynostan wrote:Stalarina had stepped off her plane to Bozepolis, the song of her country 'No Motherland without Stalarina' played in the background as her group of male bodyguards formed up on both sides of her. She was pleased at the opportunity to spread her ideology beyond the borders of Gynostan, isolated by years of international sanctions and her steadfast refusal to open the country to the hordes of finance capitalism.

“To the issue at hand. Thank you so much for agreeing to bring your style of leadership to Bozepolis, to help us restore order, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Enrikas said. “Here is the first issue that now faces us.”

The Issue
Politicians from a distant and obscure part of Bozepolis have been calling for the government to split Bozepolis into various semi-autonomous regions, each with an elected council to govern their designated area.
The Debate
1. "The government is too centralized," complains rural villager Pip Winters. "We get these big-city politicians making rulings that affect our way of life, when they have absolutely no idea what our way of life is! One of them even suggested that farmers should be banned from picking crops in case they disturbed the local wildlife! What we need are various councils to govern their own part of Bozepolis, giving us the chance to have our say on laws affecting our area. It'll bring politics to the people! Of course this will require the implementation of a council tax to fund it all, but if that's the cost of more political freedom, then so be it!"
2. "Councils? Are you mad?" gasps political commentator, Calvin Hanover. "Most of the politicians we already have earn very large sums each year - and you want to employ even more?! We must not listen to the whims of some dangerous separatist movement; next they'll be wanting independence! I suggest we keep the government in one place where we can keep an eye on it and stop creating more jobs for over-paid politicians. Heck, why not trim off the ones we don't need while we're at it and give some leeway to the taxpayers? Anyway, if we allowed places like West Bozepolis to make decisions for themselves, they would soon be introducing laws allowing them to marry their cousins or something - you know what they're like..."
3. "These people are obviously power-hungry lunatics," whispers Thomas Longfellow, one of your innumerable advisors. "They're simply trying to loosen your grip on the nation! Let's just send anyone who opposes your absolute rule to the gallows and ban elections. We hardly need them when you always know what to do! There may be some protest, but we can just lower taxes and they'll be as happy as clams."

“What should Bozepolis do, Supreme Party Chairwomyn?” Enrikas asked. “I know I would choose the rural villager Pip Winters’ suggestion. But when I made the choices around here, Bozepolis got into big trouble.
“You are a far, far superior ruler to me in every way. So please, tell me, what would Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina do? And please don’t worry about me or Bozepolis, worry only about picking what option is best for Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina.”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Stalarina waited patiently as he rattled off his greetings to her. He did indeed sound very serious about putting his entire nation at her disposal

"I thank you for the welcome on behalf of the Womyn's Paradise of Gynostan. It is indeed true that within Gynostan that I rule with a strong hand, the strong hand of a Womyn. Already within Gynostan we keep our strong healthy people vegetarian, we ban cars from the road to keep our streets clean and people safe, we gun down separatists that threaten law, order and the leadership of Womyn and in the process we have eliminated crime from our society, so that our Pink Flamingos may frolic in the lush rainforests of Gynostan without being robbed by Biker Gangs"

"But now we must get down to the real business, Bozepolis is plagued by a group of separatists, who have decided to take over the southern part of your nation. In option three, your advisor, Thomas Longfellow shows the great wisdom of a ruling Womyn, you must choose option three and have these separatists crushed, a tax cut of course could help smooth over the population while you are reasserting authority. It is a good thing you have come to me for help, for your preference for option one would merely embolden these counterrevolutionaries. Crush them swiftly as I do in Gynostan"

She awaited his response to her command, also wondering if he was serious about submitting to her rule

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Chairperson Enrikas nodded.
“Thank you, Supreme Party Chairwomyn. And since Bozepolis has no military of its own, we appreciate the use of Gynostani troops to support us in restoring order. Bozepolis is forever in Gynostan’s debt, and I am forever in yours.”

Gynostani troops helped the Bozepoline police to crush the separatists. The authorities hanged anyone who protested the new government’s rule, and the state of anarchy quickly ended.
Chairperson Enrikas was pleased to give the news to Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina.

“The state of anarchy has ended, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Enrikas said. “Order has been restored, and our citizens are enjoying some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region... except the ones who are unemployed or working-class, who are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases. But regardless, the World Assembly has recategorized us as ‘Capitalizt.’
“The decision to instate the death penalty caused our civil rights to drop a little bit (78 to 75), but they’re still ‘superb.’ But more importantly, the instatement of absolute rule caused political freedoms to fall from ‘excessive’ (85) to ‘some’ (43), which is exactly what we needed to get us out of our desperate situation. Thank you so much, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.
“Taxes fell by 2 percent from 14 to 12, and public sector employment fell by 1 percent from 14 to 13... Are those good things, Supreme Party Chairwomyn? I don’t know.
“Our police force still struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate, but crime itself has decline from ‘a major problem’ to ‘a serious problem.’ This is probably because now a full 7 percent of death in Bozepolis comes as a result of capital punishment. But if losing 7 percent of our population is what it takes to restore order, I can that a small price to pay, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.”

More to come...

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 pm

"This is excellent news, you have carried out my orders perfectly, but you still have work ahead of you. The use of Gynostan troops were a necessary act but soon you shall restore your own national military and police forces and fund them massively and grant them a free hand to ensure they can do their jobs, so long as they remain loyal, that is. For the time being Gynostan troops will stay in Bozepolis. I will require the construction of a military base and other facilities for them so they can maintain order. In addition I shall take up temporary residence in your Capital so that I can better coordinate this national transformation. You have proven your will to submit to the will of Gynostan"

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Gynostan wrote:"This is excellent news, you have carried out my orders perfectly, but you still have work ahead of you. The use of Gynostan troops were a necessary act but soon you shall restore your own national military and police forces and fund them massively and grant them a free hand to ensure they can do their jobs, so long as they remain loyal, that is. For the time being Gynostan troops will stay in Bozepolis. I will require the construction of a military base and other facilities for them so they can maintain order."

“Of course, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said. “We’ve never seen a need to have a military before, but now we definitely see the wisdom of it, and we’ll endeavor to build one as quickly as possible. In the meantime, your troops will have unfettered access to whatever they want in our... that is, in your country.”

"In addition, I shall take up temporary residence in your Capital so that I can better coordinate this national transformation. You have proven your will to submit to the will of Gynostan."

“You may reside in our palace for as long as you want...
“...and you will have diplomatic immunity for the duration of your stay, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Enrikas said.
“Is there anything else I or my people can do for you or Gynostan, Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina?”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:24 pm

“To our next issue, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said.

The Issue
A well-heeled lobby group is pushing for the elimination of regulations that prevent corporations from donating money to political parties.
The Debate
1. "This is supposed to be a democratic country," gambling industry spokesperson Charles Longbottom says. "Yet these archaic laws say I can't donate money to support a political party. They put ceilings on the amount any party can spend on advertising. It's time to stop treating voters like children, and trust them to make up their own minds. Free the ballot box!"
2. "You say political freedom, I hear vote-buying," says popular anarchist Hack King. "If these fat cats get their way, politicians will buy their own seat in Congress. And let's face it, a slick advertising campaign can convince a lot of apathetic voters. We need to tighten the laws, not repeal them. Money should have no place in politics!"
3. "Frankly, I don't see why we need to have elections at all," says your brother, Freddy Hanover, over a late-night malt whiskey. "You always seem to know what's best. Why not scrap the whole political system? It would make things so much simpler."

“I’m not afraid to admit it, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Enrikas said. “Before your arrival, I would definitely have picked the industry spokesman Longbottom’s suggestion. But now...
“Please, please, please, tell us what to do. Please tell us, what’s best for Bozepolis? And more importantly, what’s best for Gynostan? And even more importantly still, what’s pest for Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina?”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:15 am

The party arrived at the Presidential Palace. As Enrikas told her of the next issue Stalarina stopped, appearing agitated "Elections? There are still elections? This simply will not do. Your brother Freddy Hanover seems to have the right idea, although it is not you who knows best but I Stalarina. Elections in Bozepolis must not be held. Select Option 3 at once"

"However there is something else that must be done. Your leadership is filled with the same men who has led Bozepolis down the path of Anarchy, your advisors must be called together so that I may better assess whether or not they are loyal to me, if they are not then they must be purged at once. Eventually I must also make a speech to introduce myself to Bozepolis, so they know who is now in command. Do this immediately"

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Gynostan wrote:The party arrived at the Presidential Palace. As Enrikas told her of the next issue Stalarina stopped, appearing agitated "Elections? There are still elections? This simply will not do. Your brother Freddy Hanover seems to have the right idea, although it is not you who knows best but I Stalarina. Elections in Bozepolis must not be held. Select Option 3 at once"

“Of course, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Enrikas said. “I and all Bozepolis bow to your superior skills in rulership. There will be no more elections in Bozepolis – none at all.”

With Chairperson Enrikas’ signature, it became official. Democracy, the word that used to be at the base of the country’s flag, was outlawed in Bozepolis. Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina’s seizure of power was now official.

“Great news, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Chairperson Enrikas declared.
“Everything is going so well. Now that you’ve seized absolute power, our population is enjoying great individual freedom in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power. The World Assembly has recategorized Bozepolis from ‘capitalizt’ to ‘benevolent dictatorship.’
“Personally, I think it’s the perfect designation, Supreme Party Chairwomyn. I mean, political freedoms dropped from ‘some’ (43) to ‘outlawed’ (8), but why does that matter, when we have the most-talented ruler in the world holding absolute power over us!”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Gynostan wrote:"However there is something else that must be done. Your leadership is filled with the same men who has led Bozepolis down the path of Anarchy, your advisors must be called together so that I may better assess whether or not they are loyal to me, if they are not then they must be purged at once. Eventually I must also make a speech to introduce myself to Bozepolis, so they know who is now in command. Do this immediately"

“Very well, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said. “Including me, there are actually four members of my cabinet.”
Enrikas looked over his shoulder at his ministers.
“Why don’t you start, Tali?”

“Me? You want me to start? All right...” said one of the ministers. “My name is Vitalijus Pranciskus, Chairman of Commerce and Industry, and, quite frankly, I don’t like you one bit. I think President Enrikas made the worst decision in the history of Bozepolis when he invited you here, and if I had my way, I would kick your ass right back to that prison you call a country.”

“Thank you for your honesty,” Enrikas said. Then he looked at another minister and said, “How about you, Villy?”

“Um, hi...” the minister began. “My name is Vilhelmas Visvaldas, and I’m the Chairman of Department of Social Equality. I want to make clear, I supported President... I mean, Chairperson Enrikas’ decision to invite you here, Supreme Party Chairwomyn, but frankly, I don’t know why you’re still here. We’re out of anarchy now. Seriously, fellas. Why is she still here? If I had my way, we’d say ‘thank you’ to Stalarina and the Gynostanis and politely but firmly ask them to leave.”

“And thank you too for your honesty,” Enrikas said. Then he looked at another minister, and again said, “And you, Justin?”

“Supreme Party Chairwomyn, if I may...” the minister turned to his side and gave Stalarina a head nod, motioning for her to follow. After giving a brief sneer, she did so. Once they were out of the others’ earshot, he whispered:
“I think it’s great – really, really great – that Enrikas invited you here, but let me tell you, he is not going nearly far enough...
“My name is Justinas Mindaugas, Chairman of Law and Order, and... well... I just think you’re great. Your uniform... your boots... your hat... I mean, when I look at you... I just think you’re the greatest, and I want to bow down and worship you. And if I had it my way, I would completely let you have it your way, so you and your country could do whatever you wanted to me and mine... and I do mean anything.”

When Mindaugas was through talking, he and Stalarina turned around and returned to their previous places.
“OK, well, whatever you said, thank you, Justin,” Enrikas said.

“And, well, then there’s me, the Chairperson of the Party, who you’ve been working with thus far,” Enrikas continued. “I think you know me well enough at this point. If I had my way... well, little or nothing would change...”

“And that’s it, just the four of us,” Enrikas added. “One, two, three, four. Just the four of us...”

“What about me!”

Enrikas shuddered for a moment and blinked hard.
“Did I say four?” he said, covering his disappointment. “I meant five. Five of us. Go ahead, Arty.”

“My name’s Arturus Vincentas, Chairman of Education,” the minister said. “And I’m a real smart guy. Real, real smart...
“What? Loyal... What’s that word mean?
“Do I like who? Do I like super-parting-chair-woom-what? Her?
“Sure, why not? Whatever...
“What do you mean, ‘what if I had it my way?’ You mean I don’t have it my way already?
“Oh... Well... I dunno...
“Thanks.”

After the Chairman of Education spoke, Enrikas whispered to Stalarina:
“Look, he comes from one of the richest families in the country, and we needed to give him a cabinet position, or else we’d have lost a lot of our tax base. He’s a complete idiot, but he’s OK when you give him very clear, very simple instructions on what to do. I actually do almost all of his duties as Chairman of Education for him.”

“Anyway, those are my cabinet advisors, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Enrikas concluded. “What do you think?”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Stalarina contemplated the 5 cabinet members for a while. Deciding on what she would do. Thinking to herself

The first, he must go. His open defiance is intolerable
The second, he is also defiant but I shall tolerate it as long as he obeys
The third, he shall prove very loyal. Just the sort of person I am looking for
The fourth, Enrikas has proven his loyalty so far
And the last, a fool, but an easy to manipulate fool

Breaking out of her train of thought Stalarina stood at attention

"Very well I must make a few announcements. The first of which is that Vitalijus Pranciskus is to be removed from his post at once. His ideas are not compatible with the Bozepolis Revolution. He shall be replaced with a selected Gynostani minister"

She then made her second announcement

"My second announcement is that Vilhelmas Visvalda will retain his post, however I shall have a selected minister to ensure a review of how well he is serving "

"My third announcement is that Justinas Mindaugas is to be promoted to my second in command. He shall ensure the loyalty of the rest of the cabinet to me and the revolution. And maybe he shall perform other services"

"My fourth announcement concerns Enrikas. You will continue to serve me as you have before. But there may be more tasks afoot"

"And finally Arturus Vincentas. You are an ideal servant. I shall keep you as minister so that you may continue to educate Bozepolis to the same level of your education"

Edit: OOC: Removed character responses
Last edited by Gynostan on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Gynostan wrote:"Very well I must make a few announcements. The first of which is that Vitalijus Pranciskus is to be removed from his post at once. His ideas are not compatible with the Bozepolis Revolution. He shall be replaced with a selected Gynostani minister"

“No... Never... Never... NEVER!” the Chairman of Commerce and Industry shouted as Gynostani security dragged him away. “Bozepolis will never surrender to dictatorial tyranny!”
Then he began singing the former Bozepoline national anthem until he was gagged.
“Liberty... / Prosperity... / Democracy... Hey, hey, hey! Mmm-mmm-mmm…”

Gynostan wrote:"My second announcement is that Vilhelmas Visvalda will retain his post, however I shall have a selected minister to ensure a review of how well he is serving "

The social equality chairman took a short breath as though he was about to speak, but refrained, instead giving a scowl.

Gynostan wrote:"My third announcement is that Justinas Mindaugas is to be promoted to my second in command. He shall ensure the loyalty of the rest of the cabinet to me and the revolution. And maybe he shall perform other services"

The Chairman of Law and Order gasped with delight. Then he lost all control. He collapsed to his hands and knees and began kissing Stalarina’s boots.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” he said between kisses. “I’ll do whatever it takes to keep Bozepolis loyal to you, and I’ll perform whatever ‘other services’ you tell me. Thank you, thank you, thank you...”
He stopped speaking, but continued kissing.

Gynostan wrote:"My fourth announcement concerns Enrikas. You will continue to serve me as you have before. But there may be more tasks afoot"

Party Chairperson Enrikas brought his heels together, bowed slightly and said, “I yield to your superior executive skills. Long live Stalarina.”

Gynostan wrote:"And finally Arturus Vincentas. You are an ideal servant. I shall keep you as minister so that you may continue to educate Bozepolis to the same level of your education"

“Duh, thanks, pretty lady,” the Chairman of Education said. “I’ll do real good job for ya. Real, real good...
“What’s my job again?”

“Now, onto the Bozepolines’ next issue...” Enrikas began.

But Mindaugas took his lips off Stalarina’s boot and looked up, just long enough to say:
“Hey, wait a minute, Luke. She said I’m second in command. Shouldn’t I tell her the next issue?”

“No, she said that I will contine to serve her as I have before, so I give her the issues, as I have before,” Enrikas said. “You... I’m not quite sure what you’re supposed to do.”

“Oh...” Mindaugas began. Then he looked up at Stalarina and asked:
“What is your second in command supposed to do, Supreme Party Chairwomyn?”
Then he immediately went back to kissing her boot.

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

“Here is our next issue, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said.

The Issue
A surprise raid conducted on ISPs over the last week in Bozepolis shows that more than 30 percent of all Internet data transfer in Bozepolis at one time or another is used by illegal file-shares to illegally distribute files, most notably songs.
The Debate
1. "What we need to do is hack their computers and format their hard drives," says Zeke Chicago, recording industry representative. "People need to be taught to not mess with the law. This is theft, pure and simple. And they're not only halving our revenue to tune of billions of dollars, but you are also stealing a few hundredths of a dollar from the artist for every song they steal. THINK OF THE STARVING ARTISTS!"
2. "Yo, dude, like, don't be hatin' man," says teenager Colin Wu. "We're like, going to change the whole structure of our society. Everything should be like, publicly available to, like, everybody, dude. Copyrights are so, like, uncool man and we need to get rid of them. That'd be totally radical, and cool as well."
3. "Yo, dang, blizzity blang, yo, this ain't, right, yo," says Abraham Jefferson, famous rapper with three platinum albums. "Dang, yo, we dang need to copy-protect my dang CDs, yo. That dang playability life dang decreases, yo, but it's the only way to stop this, dang, yo."

“This is a tough one, Supreme Party Chairwomyn... for us, anyway. I’m sure it’s easy for an executive of your far-superior skills,” Enrikas said.
“What’s more important, people’s earnings or people’s rights? Or is there a happy medium?
“Please tell us what’s best for you, and we’ll do it, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 pm

"Very good, you show astonishing loyalty that I have never seen in a man for a very long time. May the whole of Bozepolis kiss my boots! My second in command shall be the enforcer of my orders, who shall give instructions to the forces in Bozepolis that will bring about the revolution. Enrikas, due to his familiarity with the issues shall continue to present them. Now on to the next issue, this one you all find difficult, indeed for it involves the capitalist activity of profiting from copyrights and the sharing of files in defiance of this system. However it is my wise determination as Chairwomyn Stalarina that this file sharing be suppressed at once for it allows the spread of counter-revolutionary material. Do option 1, and Justinas Mindaugas I want you to find the best computer specialists in Bozepolis that are capable of hacking these computers and formatting their hard drives"

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Gynostan wrote:"Very good, you show astonishing loyalty that I have never seen in a man for a very long time. May the whole of Bozepolis kiss my boots! My second in command shall be the enforcer of my orders, who shall give instructions to the forces in Bozepolis that will bring about the revolution. Enrikas, due to his familiarity with the issues shall continue to present them.

“Thank you so much for this honor, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Mindaugas said, continuing to kiss boot. “And I would never call you a liar, but I find it hard to believe that my loyalty to you, my absolute devotion to you is ‘astonishing.’ I’m sure the whole of Bozepolis will be kissing your boots soon. Thank you, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.”

Gynostan wrote:Now on to the next issue, this one you all find difficult, indeed for it involves the capitalist activity of profiting from copyrights and the sharing of files in defiance of this system. However it is my wise determination as Chairwomyn Stalarina that this file sharing be suppressed at once for it allows the spread of counter-revolutionary material. Do option 1.

“Of course,” Chairperson Enrikas said. “How could we have been so blind? See, if it was up to me, I probably would have allowed the people the right to download whatever they wanted, but that’s why you’re in charge, Supreme Party Chairwomyn, not me. You are so much better a leader than me or anyone else in this country!”

Gynostan wrote:And Justinas Mindaugas I want you to find the best computer specialists in Bozepolis that are capable of hacking these computers and formatting their hard drives"

“Of course, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Mindaugas bellowed. “I’ll get them. And when I get back, is there anything else I can do for you? Maybe do your laundry, get you something to eat or drink, or maybe give you a foot massage?”

After Mindaugas’ computer experts began hacking hard drives and reformatting them, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry began to format hard drives across Bozepolis.
“Here’s the news, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said. “It’s all good... or at least none of it’s bad.
“Public sector employment rose by 1 percent from 13 to 14 percent... I suppose that’s... good... right?
“But this one’s definitely... well, it’s good. Though crime is still a serious problem, the Bozepoline the police force no longer struggles against a lack of funding and high mortality rate. A lot of work left to do, but that’s definitely progress.
“As for our government expenditures, well, why don’t I let our chairmen speak for their own departments. Villy, why don’t you start?”
Visvaldas sighed hard and spoke.
“Social Equality funding went down from 32 to 29 percent of the budget, Supreme... Party... Chair... womyn.”
“OK, Arty. Go ahead.”
“Education funding went up from 24 to 21 percent! Woooo!”
“Arty, Arty. Let me explain something to you...”
Enrikas took Vincentas aside for a moment.
“Oh!” the Chairman of Education said. “I’m sorry. Education funding went down from 24 to 21, Super-Womyn.”
Enrikas shook his head in exasperation, then said, “What’s next. Oh, me, I guess...
“Administrative costs also went down from 24 to 21 percent,” Enrikas said.
“All right, Justin.”
“Law and order went up from 16 to 25 percent!” Mindaugas cheered. “You increased my department’s funding by 80 percent! Thank you so much, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Stalarina’s second in command then immediately fell to his knees and began kissing her boots again. “What can I ever do to repay you?”
Enrikas looked at Mindaugas on the ground for a moment, then looked up and continued.
“All right. Commerce and Industry. Where’s Tali? Oh, yeah. Well, I guess I’ll do it...
“It looks like industry funding held steady at 4 percent.
“And lastly, the measure caused our civil rights to drop a little bit from “superb” (75) to “excellent” (73), but hey, excellent is excellent, right?”
“And who needs civil rights anyway?” Mindaugas said, then immediately returned to kissing boot.

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 pm

“And here is our next issue, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said.

The Issue
The recent popularity of a science-fiction TV show has prompted calls for Bozepolis to develop its own space program.
The Debate
1. "Don't tell me space colonies wouldn't be cool," says excited fifth-grade teacher Roger Hanover, still wearing big Spock ears from his last convention. "Think of how they would galvanize the national population! And there would also be some kind of scientific benefit, probably."
2. "The project certainly is feasible, but very expensive," says Bozepolis Space Agency Head Konrad Summers. "We could make it less of a burden on the taxpayers if we sought funding from private industry – advertisements on the side of our rockets, selling contracts to the Arms Manufacturing industry, that kind of thing."
3. "If God had meant Man to fly, he would have given us solid rocket boosters instead of legs," says religious type Lars Bush. "We should not be looking to the stars, but rather inside our own hearts. That's why we should abandon this so-called space program, and instead make the teaching of religion mandatory in all schools."

“If I was in charge around here, I suppose the suggestion of the space agency’s head, Roger Hanover, would be the one I chose. But it doesn’t matter what’s best for Bozepolis. The question is, what’s best for Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina?”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 pm

"Excellent news, I can already see that counter-revolutionary activity is on the decline. But the revolution will take longer still. Mindaugas! You have done excellent work! Indeed the true loyalty you show is rare, you have already jumped to my every beck and call which is not something that is very often seen among the men outside of Gynostan. When you do get back I would like you to bring in some refreshments and... These boots are quite uncomfortable, so a massage would do well for my feet. Normally I would have a manservant do this for me but they are all out crushing the Bozepolis holdouts"

"As for the next issue, the people of Bozepolis watch far too much science fiction, and not enough on the devotion to higher callings. And most certainly the suggestion that space be opened up to capitalism is truly a sign that Bozepolis is not yet cured of it's degeneracy. The only reason to be in space is to have the higher ground for destroying the enemy! I would be inclined to dismiss this issue however the teaching of the religion, devotion to the Goddess that is me should indeed by instituted in every school in Bozepolis as it is in Gynostan. Go forth and select option 3"

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 am

Gynostan wrote:"Excellent news, I can already see that counter-revolutionary activity is on the decline. But the revolution will take longer still. Mindaugas! You have done excellent work! Indeed the true loyalty you show is rare, you have already jumped to my every beckon call, which is not something that is very often seen among the men outside of Gynostan. When you do get back, I would like you to bring in some refreshments and... These boots are quite uncomfortable, so a massage would do well for my feet. Normally I would have a manservant do this for me, but they are all out crushing the Bozepolis holdouts."

“Yes, Supreme Party Chairwomyn!” Mindaugas bellowed, rising to his feet...

When the Law and Order Chairman returned, he brought a case of Bozepolis’ finest vodka. He poured Stalarina a glass, handed it to her then got down on his knees before where she sat. He unlaced her boots one by one, then he began massaging the supreme party chairwomyn’s feet, pausing every few moments to kiss them.
“You deserve this, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Mindaugas said. “You deserve nothing but the best for all you do for Bozepolis and for the world. And if there’s anything my department can do to make all of Bozepolis as loyal to you as I am, I am at your disposal, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 am

Gynostan wrote:"As for the next issue, the people of Bozepolis watch far too much science fiction, and not enough on the devotion to higher callings. And most certainly the suggestion that space be opened up to capitalism is truly a sign that Bozepolis is not yet cured of its degeneracy. The only reason to be in space is to have the higher ground for destroying the enemy! I would be inclined to dismiss this issue however the teaching of the religion, devotion to the Goddess that is me should indeed by instituted in every school in Bozepolis as it is in Gynostan. Go forth and select option 3."

“Once again, your decision was right, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said. “Now that we’ve scrapped our designs on a space program and instead decided to focus on teaching religious devotion to you as Goddess in our schools, crime has fallen from ‘a serious problem’ to ‘a problem,’ the average tax rate has fallen from 12 to 11 percent and the percentage of Bozepolines employed in the public sector went down from 14 to 11.
“And there’s more good news with regards to our government expenditures. The best news is that administrative overhead fell by almost a full third, from 21 to 15 percent of our budget. This allowed us to increase social equality, law and order and education two percentage points each, from 29 to 31, 25 to 27 and 21 to 23, respectively. Commerce and industry is still steady at 4 percent.
“Our civil rights went down from 73 to 72, which is still considered ‘excellent,’ so I don’t see why it’s such a loss. However – and this is the one and only piece of news that might, maybe be considered negative – the World Assembly sees it differently. Because of our one point decline in our civil rights score, they’ve reclassified Bozepolis from a ‘benevolent dictatorship’ to a ‘compulsory consumerist state.’ Our people ‘are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.’
“I suppose so, but I don’t care what the WA says. I will always consider Bozepolis under Supreme Party Chairwomyn Stalarina to be a benevolent dictatorship.
“Thank you very much, Supreme Party Chairwomyn.”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

“And here is our next issue, Supreme Party Chairwomyn,” Chairperson Enrikas said.

The Issue
The Bozepoline Teachers’ Union, complaining of a steady increase in student disciplinary problems, wants to be able to use corporal punishment to correct misbehavior.
The Debate
1. "Clearly, parents aren’t teaching manners at home," says Perry Longfellow, the union president. "All we want is to be able to take a paddle to their backsides when there are problems. It's not like we want to throw the kids in jail."
2. "Keep your hands off my kids!" shouts Bill Silk, while protesting outside of union headquarters. "If there’s a problem, it’s with the teachers not having the skills to do their jobs. They should be tested for qualifications!"
3. "Corporal punishment would only treat a symptom of the bigger problem: our education system is in need of an overhaul," says Petrus Steelias, Bozepolis’ deputy education chairman. "We need smaller class sizes, more teachers, better buildings, and better pay. It’ll cost, but it’ll pay off in the long run."
4. "Why don’t we just abolish the schools and home-school the kids?" asks Bob Hanover, education coordinator for the Bozepolis First Omnimenical Church. "That way parents can stress the values they want their kids to have and give them the attention they need."

“Well, before you got here, Supreme Party Chairwomyn, we definitely would have chosen either Silk’s or Hanover’s suggestion. But before you got here, we wouldn’t have been teaching our children to worship you as their Goddess either! And the benefits of that have already been made clear. So, Supreme Party Chairwomyn – or should I say, Goddess – which option is best for you?”

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 am

“And, if I may interject, the party chairperson makes a good point,” Mindaugas added while continuing to massage Stalarina’s feet. “Why are we still addressing you as ‘Supreme Party Chairwomyn?’ Shouldn’t we be addressing you as what we are now teaching our children to believe and what you really are, Goddess Stalarina?”

Gynostan
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gynostan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 pm

"Excellent, excellent, well done. Soon of all Bozepolis shall know of my greatness!" Stalarina shifted her feet. "Enough, my loyal servant. Bring me back my boots. I wish to take a tour of the Presidential Palace or as you will now call it the Stalarina Palace!"

Mindaugas promptly returned her boots as she placed them back on. Standing up from her chair at attention she spoke "As for the issue, it is important that my status as a Goddess be emphasised by a well funded education system. Corporal Punishment is not necessary but will be acceptable. Especially if I am the one doing the punishing. Choose option 3 immediately. Furthermore it is indeed true that I am the Goddess of Gynostan. From this point on you shall refer to me as Goddess Stalarina. Now I will take the tour of the Stalarina Palace"

Bozepolis
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bozepolis » Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Gynostan wrote:"As for the issue, it is important that my status as a Goddess be emphasised by a well funded education system. Corporal Punishment is not necessary but will be acceptable. Especially if I am the one doing the punishing. Choose option 3 immediately."

“Before your tour, please allow me to tell you the impact of your revamping of Bozepolis’ education system, Goddess Stalarina,” Chairperson Enrikas said.
“First, the average income tax rate went up from 11 percent to 14 percent, and the percentage of Bozepolines employed in the public sector rose from 11 to 15 percent. But, you know, however much it takes to fund the perfect society, right, Goddess?
“Also, there was some reshuffling of the expenditures. I’ll let the chairmen tell you themselves. Villy?”
Visvaldas shook his head and said, “Social Equality funding went down from 31 to 26 percent of the budget.”
“Forgetting something, Villy?” Enrikas said.
“No, Luke, I’m not forgetting anything. Look, she can strip my department of all its funding, but she can’t... she can’t...”
“Oh, yes she can!”
Ugh, fine...” Visvaldas continued. Then he said, mechanically, “Social Equality funding went down from 31 to 26 percent of the budget, Goddess Stalarina.”
“Thank you, Villy,” Enrikas said. “Now you, Justin.”
“Um, law and order went down from 27 to 23 percent,” Mindaugas said. “But that’s OK, Goddess Stalarina! You can take whatever you want from my department! And you can take whatever you want from me. Please, take whatever you want from me...”
“All right, I’ll go next,” Enrikas said. “Administrative costs went down from 15 to 13 percent and commerce and industry funding went down form 4 to 3.
“All right, and the biggest change came in education, where...
“Ahem!” Chairman Vincentas coughed.
“Just let me do it, Arty,” Enrikas said.
“But I’m the ed-you-ma-cay-shun cherry!” Vincentas said.
Enrikas sighed and said, “Fine, go ahead...”
“Um, lemme see... It looks like... Edy-cay-shum funding... Aww... it went... wait... no! This is great! It went up from 23 to 35, that’s only... (one, eight, nine... carry the two...) that’s 30 points! Yay, Gaudy-Stalarina! Can we buy some new crayons now? And how about some more paste, cause I’m hungry!”
Enrikas slapped his forehead with the palm of his hand and said, “Sure, Arty. Whatever you want...”
Then he looked back to Stalarina.
“There is one other effect of this revamping of education that’s connection is a little circuitous, but I think it’s very telling. The percentage of Bozepolines dying from murder and capital punishment each went down one percent, and the percentage of those dying from heart disease and old age each went up a percent. In other words, with this beefed-up education budget, more Bozepolines are dying of natural causes rather than being killed. And if that’s not progress, I don’t know what is.
“And it’s all thanks to you, Goddess Stalarina,” the chairperson said, bowing. “Bozepolis will always be in your debt.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates