NATION

PASSWORD

Proposals for a Princess (TG to Enter)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:07 am

King Juozas II nodded his head, the rare movement assuring the eye that he was indeed not a statue or some automaton with a voice box. He had liked the alliance that Lady Eleanor had proposed. It was one in which Liegalla was not the junior partner, as Liegalla would doubtlessly be with Mediama, or the Amarion Union or a host of other nations who had advanced far and grown large and economically and technically interconnected with the rest of the world while Liegalla had been in isolation.

It was not that King Juozas did not value these friendships, indeed he intended on appointing a new Ambassador to Mediama in order to formalize their relations and make use of their mission to modernize Liegalla’s military. But friends they may be, as partners, their relationship was far too unbalanced for King Juozas to hold more than arms length apart. There was also the nature of Mediama, their democratic system and their elective monarchy.

In selecting Catherine as her partner, Zieda was choosing to ally herself with not a dynasty, but a nation, which had both its costs and it benefits. One particularly large cost that the King now sought to mitigate.

“It will be contingent on such a marriage,” King Juozas said with his signature cold force of Will. He was saying things that will happen. Not might. “It will be contingent on your marriage. And your position. As the future queen of Liegalla.”

Tarrata
Attaché

Founded: Jul 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarrata » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:19 am

Lady Eleanor felt the whole of the floor tilt at a fifty five degree angle as she tried to make sense of what King Juozas had just said. It seemed that Princess Zieda had gotten her ability to drop bombshells from her father. Made all the more befuddling by the cold statue-like way in which the king held himself. Lady Eleanor tried to find words, and felt as if they were stand in her hands, whipped away by the wind.

“Your Majesty? I… don’t believe I understand you.”

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:26 am

King Juozas rose from his seat and turned the document that he had been editing and placed it in front of Lady Eleanor. It was a marriage treaty, one amongst several that he had drafted up in regards to the different candidates that have been amongst his daughter’s selection. After his talk with Lady Eleanor, one with Lord Trystane had become the most comprehensive one.

King Juozas however had not account for the idea that Zieda would chose someone who wasn’t one of the suitors that Queen Guoda had approved. So he had had to make edits. On the paper, where it had previously had Princess Zieda Ojeras and Lord Trystane Ellyarian, it now read as Lady Eleanor Ellyarian and Prince Stanislavas Ojeras.

“Our deal shall remain as before, Liegalla’s agricultural products, Tarrata’s naval capabilities. An alliance forged by a union between our two houses, Ojeras and Ellyarian. Only, you shall marry my heir. My brother, Prince Stanislavas.”

Tarrata
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarrata » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:33 am

Lady Eleanor did a double take at the marriage treaty, feeling her whole body shake. She looked back up to the king. She understood his words. And yet her mind seem incapable of processing them. She had heat Zieda speak with him, had seen how he had accepted her and her choice. Prince Stanislavas, she did not recall if she had ever seen even seen him at the palace. She wasn’t even sure if she had known he had had a brother, so unimportant and unmentioned he had gone. But now it seemed King Juozas was operating under an entirely different reality.

“Your heir?” Lady Eleanor could not hide the confusion in her question, nor did she wish to, desperately wishing for what was happening to make sense. “But the princess?”

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:53 am

King Juozas considered Lady Eleanor, finding her response interesting. He might have suspected she would jump at the idea. Most women, and men for that matter, had and would have jumped at. Instead she was curious, likely confused and concerned. But she sought out to understand the situation before she said anything definitive or concrete.

“The princess,” King Juozas echoed, “ceased to be my heir the moment that she decided that her heart was more important to her than this dynasty or this country. Generations of kings have fought for House Ojeras, thousands have died for us to create our kingdom, our throne, and to preserve it. It will not be allowed to fall into the hands of a woman who would let it wash away into the sea because of something as… how did you put it? As unreliable as love.”

“Zieda is my daughter, and I love her, and I wish for her happiness. The laws regarding same-sex relations are oppressive and unnecessary. I shall change that. My daughter may have her love, and live as she may wish, she would not be the first princess to buck tradition, even this is tamed compared to Jadvyga the Younger.”

The King of Liegalla looked Lady Eleanor in the eyes. “But she can not be my heir. My house tetters on the brink. My daughters can not be my heirs. My granddaughter is but bastard. My grandnephew the son of hated bastard. My sister is capable, but consumed by her own self interest and she shall coddle her son until he is incapable. My brother has no head for governance. But then I do not need him to be.”

King Juozas nodded to Lady Eleanor. “That is what I will have you for. You told me I needed a bill. I have one, my brother is no leader, but he is a good man, a kind man, healthy and obedient. You will wed him, bed him and have as many children with him as possible. You have what my daughter does not. You have a sense of dynasty. You understand its importance. An understanding you will instill in your children, who will bear the Ojeras name and have the blood of flowers and flames running through their veins. And after me, they will be kings and queens of Liegalla.”

Tarrata
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarrata » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:39 am

Lady Eleanor was silent for a moment, thinking over what the king was saying. He was disinheriting his daughter in favor of his brother in order to preserve his dynasty, the name of House Ojeras and its bloodline, through her. Yes, prince Stanislavas, as brother to King Juozas was nearly twice her age, but she could leave with that. Children two was not an issue. She could live with this marriage. In doing so a dynastic alliance between then would be secured, and she would one day be a queen, her children rulers of this kingdom and most importantly, Tarrata would be secured.

It did not take her long to come to a decision. “You have my consent, to this marriage, Your Majesty.”

Amarian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Amarian Union » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:55 am

Liegalla wrote:

Princess Zieda looked to Empress Yuuki Lana and let out a small gasp.

“Your Majesty,” she said said, “this is a gift too kind. I assure you if they speak so highly of your grandmother, then you must surely have inherited much and more from her indeed.” She curtsied slightly, it being a small gesture of respect for this woman who ruled the Amarion Union. “It is truly a beautiful heirloom, and with such history and meaning behind it.”

“Please accept it… it holds great meaning but it would foster a new friendship officially with Liegalla… not on paper but in spirit.” The Empress softly spoke. “It would mean so much to me if you accepted it and wore it. I would even be content if you gave it to Catherine, since you two are devoted to one another… and are meant to be together. After all, two were made… one is safe in the Royal Palace back home, the other can be safe with you and your lover.”

The Empress couldn’t be happier to see such a thing before her eyes pertaining to the two Princesses… Even after having met Princess Zeida herself, she could tell she made the right decision. In a world consumed by constant conflict and human suffering, seeing the two people together and basking in True Love’s Light warmed the Empress’s heart.

“You are worthy to bear a national symbol cherished by those who walk True Love’s Path… and basks in its Light.” The Empress continued. “You both are worthy. And as stated, this shall be a symbol of our nations’ partnership, a bond that I hope proves unbreakable by anyone… It would be an honor and a privilege for this gift to be accepted.”

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:42 pm

Princess Zieda smiled as she toon up the necklace, bowing her head again to the empress. She felt warm in her chest, feeling that she concurred with Yuuki’s thoughts. This love was true and it burned like the sun.

“Then it would be my greatest honor to accept this gift, as your friend and as a token of the friendship between our two nations. And may our bonds indeed prove unbreakable.

King Juozas II looked at Lady Eleanor and did something he rarely did. The King smiled.

“Then you shall have saved House Ojeras.”

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:47 pm

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mediama » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:05 pm

Liegalla wrote:Princess Zieda smiled as she toon up the necklace, bowing her head again to the empress. She felt warm in her chest, feeling that she concurred with Yuuki’s thoughts. This love was true and it burned like the sun.

“Then it would be my greatest honor to accept this gift, as your friend and as a token of the friendship between our two nations. And may our bonds indeed prove unbreakable.

King Juozas II looked at Lady Eleanor and did something he rarely did. The King smiled.

“Then you shall have saved House Ojeras.”
As machinations between Lady Eleanor and king Juozas II came into being, Queen Jessica III approached the king's office alongside her ambassador, intent on starting the process of planning out the legalities of the union between Catherine and Zieda.

Ambassador Barker nodded to the guard, "Forgive me sir, but would you kindly please let his majesty know that her majesty Queen Jessica Williams III is waiting outside for him? We would like to settle the matters that have arisen from recent developments."
Smith smiled comfortingly to Greta as she left with her family. Though she was being led back into the lions den, Smith had hope that she would find solace in what she had given her, and that she wasn't as doomed as she thought she was. And so she made her way back to Trade Attache Freyer, as he talked with the few noblity that had not run off, gauging the possabilties of business ventures in Liegalla.

She had distinctly heard that they intended to connect Liegalla to the Strategic and Economic Alliance.

Thus was the job of a diplomat.
And so, as the gears were set into motion to react to the surprising developments with Foreign Minister Brooks and Queen Mother Jurgita, and Ambassador Barker, Queen Jessica III and King Juozas II, Catherine held Zieda close to her as the recieved gifts and congratulations, and Catherine gave solace in the other suitors for their efforts. She couldn't help but look Zieda in the eyes, and smile as she took her hand, stroking it.

She had done it, she had done the impossible.

Her flight crew would be surprised, and they would be proud.

She wondered if this means she was going to have to give up her commission in the RAF?

But still, despite this seeming victory, she had the distinct impression that all was not what it seemed, all was not well. There were going to be reprecussions from this, some which may shock Zieda and go against her wishes. From the reactions she had been hearing around them, their love was not universally well received. It was a hurdle that they were going to have to overcome.

Either way, it felt as if King Juozas' reaction to this development was not all that it seemed, and while she did not know exactly what was causing this sinking feeling in her, she knew it would be coming fast.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates