NATION

PASSWORD

AVON 90|EJM (WorldVision Song Contest 90)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nahlcomo
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nahlcomo » Mon May 03, 2021 11:35 pm

Waisnor
Envoy

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Waisnor » Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 pm

WAISNOR

Vitaly Chudetsky - Nu a poka/Tune: Fulminacci - Canguro

Vitaly Chudetsky began his career quite a long time ago compared to the rest of the Waisnorian representatives in Worldvision - his first album was released in 2010. Over the next decade he was pretty prominent in Waisnorian music scene. He also participated in national selection for Eurovision in 2013 and 2017, but didn't make it both times.

Let's go to the performance: it began with Valery, who was standing in the center of the stage at the very top of the stairs. As soon as the song began, he slowly began to descend along it. A video appeared in the background in which the operator walks through the crowd of people, sometimes bumping into them.

Моя судьба всегда была ко мне не очень-то хорошей, я не скрою
My destiny has always been not very good to me, I will not hide this

Один удар мне за другим и жизнь, как несмешная шутка, и ноль покою
One blow to me after another and life is like an unfunny joke, and zero peace

By this time, Chudetsky had gone down about half of the stairs. At that moment, he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, which were a little frayed, like the rest of his clothes. Valery's gaze was directed downward, he looked at his legs and the stairs, a small smile could be seen on his face.

Но я всё же верю, что когда-нибудь смогу освободиться из этого мрака
But I still believe that someday I will be able to free myself from this darkness

Даже если надо будет мне пешком пройти через пол-света, пойду, как собака
Even if I have to walk halfway through the world, I will walk like a dog

After the first verse was over, Valery finished his walk up the stairs and stepped onto the stage, after which a phrase "Ну а пока...(In the meantime...)" was repeated a couple of times and he began to do different poses after each line of the chorus. He improvised, and therefore each pose was different from the other. The light instantly changed, and now only Valery was illuminated.

Но пока все не очень
But so far everything is not very good

Я хожу среди обочин
I walk among the curbs

Моя тоска огромна
My longing is immense

И тверда, словно колонна
And solid like a column

В моей душе есть дырки
There are holes in my soul

Будто грустный клоун в цирке
Like a sad circus clown

Не было счастья прежде
There was no happiness before

Но есть кусок надежды
But there is a piece of hope

After that, he suddenly fell onto the stage right on his back, after which the camera showed just the background for a while. Then the camera at the top of the stage turned on and Chudetsky began to sing from there. In the background, the operator continued to walk, still occasionaly bumping into different persons.

В моей жизни стало появляться больше поводов к улыбке, не так уж плохо
More reasons to smile began to appear in my life, not so bad

Однако этого не хватит, чтобы перевесить мою скуку, тут не до хохмы
However, this is not enough to outweigh my boredom, there is no time for jokes

Valery gradually got to his feet and began to walk slowly across the stage, while the light was following him all the time he was walking. Somewhere in the middle of this verse, he turned around and walked back, only this time he was closer to the audience.

Но однако, мне нельзя оставить умереть все свои надежды, иначе я стухну
But nevertheless, I cannot leave all my hopes to die, otherwise I will fade.

И поэтому пытаюсь я найти в своей жизни весь смысл, найти свою бухту
And so I try to find the whole meaning in my life, to find my bay

By the way, after the first line of this verse, the light went out for a few moments and shone again. As for what happened after the verse, there were no special changes from what had happened before: Valery again began to do different poses, but they were still dissimilar.

Но пока все не очень
But so far everything is not very good

Я хожу среди обочин
I walk among the curbs

Моя тоска огромна
My longing is immense

И тверда, словно колонна
And solid like a column

В моей душе есть дырки
There are holes in my soul

Будто грустный клоун в цирке
Like a sad circus clown

Не было счастья прежде
There was no happiness before

Но есть кусок надежды
But there is a piece of hope

And suddenly, after the verse was over, Chudetsky became much more energetic: he began to dance in a rather strange style, sometimes jumping up and down. And against the background, the operator at the same moment began to run, but he stopped bumping into people, dodging collisions and, as it were, adding confusion to the background.

Мне бы её найти
I would find it

И с собой увести
And take away with myself

И тогда буду жить я свободно
And then I will live free

Но пока эта радость мимолётн
But while this joy is fleeting

This verse was repeated one more time, and after that Chudetsky got a little bit of a kick. When the song ended, Valery bowed to the audience and said: "Thank you, I hope you enjoyed it!"
Last edited by Waisnor on Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kalosia » Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 pm

Kalosia
TBA — Katrinë Malto
performed in Kalosian to the tune of Fingers Crossed — Agnes

Katrinë was previously a member of Neo-Grotesk, the band that represented Kalosia at the 32nd WorldVision Song Contest in Gronbis, Lyonsland.

The song has a similar 80s feel to it

TBA
Last edited by Kalosia on Thu May 13, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 pm

BALADEWA ft. AYU LAKSMI - NADA CINTA
Title Translation: Love Song
Language: Bahasa (Indonesian)
Music & Lyrics: Baladewa
Tune: Wagakki Band - Queen of The Night

Previously at 89th WorldVision Song Contest, Pemecutan was being represented by Poleng Band. Their song "Sujatine' gained 100 combine points and finished at 21st place. Although they were falling out again from the top 20 but it is their third delegation who gained 100 points in the competition.
It was a great competition. A huge participants and we are glad to finished 21st.
says Kadek Juni, Poleng Band

This result making another Pemecutan entry that falling out of top 20 in WorldVision. The 89th result was also a fall of 8 places from the previous event where Mitha Kemala finished 12th. Nonetheless, the 89th result is the third highest points ever received by Pemecutan and also the third highest placement (tie with Komang Suarbawa and Rani Purwani achievement in 85th edition). By vote division, the 89th entry is the third highest points in Jury Votes. While they are in three-way tie for Televotes.

And for the 90th edition which being held in Avon, Elejamie, the domestic televote reveal the song winner which will represent Pemecutan in the competition. And the winner is "Nada Cinta", a collaborated song by Baladewa and Ayu Laksmi. The result also mark the first selection of ethnic fusion song who will represent Pemecutan in the WorldVision. Pemecutan entry in WorldVision have been very diverse. From slow tune pop ballad into an upbeat song by Poleng. And now we got an ethnic fusion song for the entry.

Baladewa or Wayan Baladewa is the mastermind of Baladewa Band. Born in Ubung 48 years ago, Baladewa have listened to gamelan, Pemecutan traditional music, since birth. At the age of 8, he taught himself to play guitar. As he is growing up, he is more attracted to rock music. At some points, he then become bored of rock music and decided to learn jazz. He studied abroad and gained a Diploma of Music. He is well known abroad for his exceptional talent of guitar playing and jazz music. He is the only known Pemecutan guitarist who is able to develop and use the Touch Tapping style. After receiving his diploma in 1997, he come back to Pemecutan. He then established Balawan Band to continue his passion in jazz music and introduce the music further. The band first album was released in 1999 which gained a mild response. The band become to doing tour around Pemecutan to promote their album and their music. Their second album in 2001 was getting more reviews. Their latest album was released in late 2020 and it has gained a platinum certificate from PRIA (Pemecutan Recording Industry Association).

Ayu Laksmi born at the mountainous town of Sumerta in the State of Jimbarwana with her birth name, Nyi Ayu Laksmiyani. Born from a noble and art loving family, Ayu Laksmi have been taught of music from early age. The 53 years old singer and actress begin her career in 1983 after she won at Jimbarwana Radio and Television Star together with her 2 sisters under the name, Ayu Sisters. The trio went into national stage and finished third while winning Best Group Performance. Ayu Laksmi become more active in singing rather than her two sisters. She choose rock as her specialty. In 1988, she release her first album to a mild success. After the release of her second album in 1991, she was shockingly disappear from Pemecutan music industry. She was focusing herself to her study and eventually graduated from Tegeh Kori University in Law Faculty. In 1995, she joined a local Jimbarwanan music group named, Tropical Transit. With this group, she was singing from place to place. She even singing in a cruise after the band was being contract by Campuhan Cruise, a well known cruise liner. With this band, she broaden her musical taste and began to sing in different genre. This is when she begin to interested in ethnic and fusion music. Until finally in 2009, she resign from Tropical Transit and announce her break from Pemecutan music industry. In this period of time, she begin her new career in acting. Her first film was released in 2008, a year before her resignation from Tropical Transit. She come back to music industry in 2015 with the release of her new album, Swara Semesta. From this album she reintroduce her image as a pop ethnic singer. The album was gained a positive review from the critics although it was failed commercially. She continue to involved in a number of movie productions while performing off-air occasionally.

Suaramu yang mengalun syahdu
Membawa untaian nada cinta
Alunan nya mendayu merayu
Membuat hatiku pun terpanah

Dan ku kini terpaku pada
Untaian nada kasih dan cinta
Tak pernah terbayang kan
Nada ini akan berakhir
Your voice is flowing serene
Carrying strands of love tones
The strains are very seductive
Make my heart burst

And I am now fixated on
The strands of love
Never would imagined
This tone will end

Naluri ku membawa ke dalam pusaran rindu
Yang tak pernah kan berujung
Ku menantikan hadirmu kembali
Ah….ke dalam hidup ku
Angan ku melayang ke alam yang teramat jauh
Yang tak pernah kan tersentuh
Ku mengharapkan engkau kan kembali
Menyambung nada ini
My instincts lead me to a vortex of longing
That will never ends
I look forward to welcoming you back
Ah…. Into my life
My thoughts drifted to a far away realm
Which will never be touched
I hope you will come back
To connect this tone

Sayup sayup suara mengalun
Mengingatkan pada nada cinta
Mengharapkan kembali bayangmu
Menyapa ku dengan senyum mesra

Dan ku kini diam membisu
Terbuai angan yang tiada pasti
Akankah nada ini kan kembali
Untuk berlagu
The sound was faint
Reminiscent of the tone of love
Expecting your shadow back
Greet me with an affectionate smile

And I am now silent
Lulled with uncertain dreams
Will this tone come back
To play around

Ah….ke dalam hidup ku
Menyambung nada ini
That will never ends
Ah…. Into my life
To connect this tone

Ah….ke dalam hidup ku

Ah….ke dalam hidup ku
Menyambung nada ini
That will never ends
Ah…. Into my life

That will never ends
Ah…. Into my life
To connect this tone
Last edited by Pemecutan on Fri May 07, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 am

28. Antahbrantahstan

sixaxis - TBA
Tune: Day6 - Congratulations
Roro Ayu Maulida Putri | Pricilia Carla Yules | Putu Ayu Saraswati | Jihane Almira Chedid | Kharisma Aura (3rd Runner-up)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

29 | Britonisea | Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me

Postby Britonisea » Tue May 04, 2021 3:21 am

#29 BRITONISEA
Aaliyah Banques - "Promise Me"
Tune : Dotter - "Little Tot"
Music: Xavier Neon, Jamie Byns Lyrics: Aaliyah Banques, Kelsey Banques
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Placely Placington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 03, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Placely Placington » Tue May 04, 2021 4:00 am

30 - Placely Placington

Wynan Schitt - Chad is a Huge Jerk >:( (aka the disappointing sequel to my WV85 entry)

Tune: Kirito - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana cover)

Placely Placington weren’t exactly in the best place right now. For a start, their sevens team were an absolute disaster. They had only won a single game at the Rugby Sevens World Cup, a 26-10 win over Queenisa on the afternoon of the first day. They also managed a 21-21 draw against Copper Cuprum, which was better than it sounded because their opposition was ranked much higher and it had the added side effect of giving a journalist an existential crisis because of how the Test Subjects went about their matches. Regardless, they lost their four other games which meant they came sixth, meaning they’d have to compete for the Bowl. And they then went on to lose their Bowl quarter-final against Alice Bay, 31-5, meaning they probably won’t get any prize money to go towards fixing their economy. And then their giant paper plane drove over a pebble and then magically exploded, though the good news was that the Clonomat was back home by then so they would be resurrected there.

Most crushingly of all, it seemed like their allies were abandoning them. South Alezia had reunited with their neighbour in the north and are now sending entries more in line with their tastes. Crustyland seems to be trying to appeal to the more mainstream nations with their past couple of entries, which made Dave McDaverson a bit concerned about their future at the contest. And while Vartugia was still around, it’s just a question of how long they’ll keep being around for. The pool of nations like them seemed to be going down and there were a couple of fears that they were being actively purged from the competition. Dave pretty much ignored those fears because quite frankly they were probably ludicrous. He decided that the best course of action would be to keep participating at the contest and hope that they’re able to get more money that way. And who better to send then Wynan Schitt, who seemed to be well-liked by the community even if he didn’t place anywhere special so lightning might strike twice.

(also this will be a bit lower effort than my usual Placely Placington entries because a) I couldn't find much wrong with this song and b) I've had a huge workload over the past while and I'd rather be working on my main. This should get some enjoyment somewhere I guess.)

After the postcard, we get a stage with Wynan right on the front plinth with his backing band behind him on the rear stage. There were also people getting up and out of their seats, either because they needed to go somewhere and the Placely Placington entry was the best opportunity to go or because they didn't want to have to deal with the Placely Placington entry full stop. Especially after the last time they had performed. On the upside, at least this entry probably won't cocoon the audiences again. We hope. At least he somehow remained alive during his 14-day mandatory quarantine period. And he was able to bring Drummer Clone along with him from Jim the Grindcore Guy Bloke’s band. And he was able to find some local musicians to play with him as well.

"Hello Avon." He said as he was greeted with cheers. "This is my song." He carried on with some more cheers being played, only for the cameras to cut to the crowd barely reacting. Off-screen, it was the keyboardist pressing one of his keys on his keyboard, since he had it set to a crowd cheer setting. "Yeah, this is my song. It is called "Chad is a Huge Jerk"." Afterwards, we get a lead into what is actually quite a kick-ass rock song. Almost kind of metal in fact, even though it really wasn’t. Sure the drum feels a bit weak but we can all live with that. Eventually when the hard intro died down and the whole song mellowed out. And then you realise that this is a Placely Placington entry so of course there’s a reason why a song as awesome-sounding as this ended up being its tune.

He's a poo-poo head, he smells of poo
I do hate Chad, I really do
He stole my girl, he stole Stacey
A flood of tears down my facey

And indeed a flood of tears started to flood down his facey. While he wasn’t necessarily bawling his eyes out, not yet anyway, it seems like the floodgates will start opening any moment now. Just hope he’s kept away from anything electrical.

I hate, I hate, I hate you Chad
I hate you Chad

OK, now he starts bawling. As the floodgates start to open, most of the other backing instrumentalists wonder what the hell his deal is. A couple of them stopped playing their instruments and just stared at each other wondering what the hell they were supposed to do. One or two of them carried on playing but looked a bit concerned. Drummer Clone just wrapped one of his arms around one of his drums and started to punch it.

And I hope he never gets work
'Cause I hate Chad, he's a huge jerk!
Not as a maid or a store clerk
I don't like him! I don't like him! I don't like him! I don't like him!
NO!

No.

No.

After that thing that happened, we then get the same thing that happened around the start of the first verse, except that there was a small bit where Wynan sniffled out "Hey! Avon!" before eventually getting into the song. Meanwhile, the backing band carried on doing their job but it's clear that they wanted out, except for Drummer Clone who carried on hitting the drums with his stick hands. Wynan paid no attention to them as he carried on his diatribe against this "Chad" fellow despite the whole thing more than likely never existing and it's all made up in his head.

This whole thing is overplayed
But Chad is such a huge mistake
He thinks he's cool, he's really not
He has no charm, he's like a spot

Is this song still going on?

I hate you Chad

Same thing as I said about the chorus. Except this time one of the guitarists just stops, looks around for a second and just wonders what he's doing with his life. The bassist came up to him and the two of them had a chat. They both agreed to just bear it for a couple more verses before they could just bail. At least they were holding up better than the people from Malta Comino Gozo, if only because national pride was on the line. And something something National Day on the 10th of May.

NO!

No.

No.

Oh hey, this part actually sounds awesome. Maybe that whole National Day aside helped restore their faith or something. There were still some rumblings and even the keyboardist was starting to want out but they've seemed to put it to the back of their minds or something. At least it had the side effect of getting Wynan to stop crying for a bit. Plus it got him moving himself all around the stage, not just the fronty bits.

I don’t like Chad, he don’t like me
He is just like a tub of pee
And he just says the same old stuff
I’m like “Whatever, you’re not tough”.

I liked this song better when Weird Al was making fun of it.

I hate you Chad

At this point, they just bailed. The guitarist, bassist and keyboardist just put their instruments down and couldn't bear to be around this guy anymore. Especially since he seemed to be literally crying his eyes out again. And what the hell is that weird-handed drummer doing to his kit? They couldn't bear to be around this low-effort shitpost and thus they decided to head off backstage. The music continued, however, as Wynan carried on his blubbery singing.

I just hate him! I just hate him! I just hate him! I just hate him! I just hate him!
I just hate him! I just hate him! I just hate him! I just hate hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!

Cue a guitar solo that was supposed to be kick-ass but instead caused him to yank the strings in one fell swoop and just get them all tangled again. Sure he could feel it, much like he felt his eyeballs come out but he somehow wasn't able to notice it. He was still somehow able to play it while Drummer Clone just threw his kit around the whole place. ETV must remember to bill Dave McDaverson for this whole thing. Eventually, after Drummer Clone finished trashing his kit and stepping on a pyrotechnic that mercifully cut his whole antic short, Wynan tripped on an eye and fell into one of the holes in the stage. After a guitar lick he said "I'm OK!" He probably really wasn't. No one cheered, though, but he had no way of getting up and out. Hopefully a stagehand would help him out while they set everything up for the next act from Vartugia. Oh boy.
Last edited by Placely Placington on Wed May 12, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory wacky and "so random" puppet that you all know and are probably sick and tired of, brought to you by Elejamie.

Vartugia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am

31. Vartugia

Blaintant Propaganda- "Vartugia Greatest Nation

In a surprise, Vartugia held a national final wherein the end this band won and will fly the flag for "The Free, Indipenent And Strong, Everlasting Coletive Union conisitng of 6 uniken and diffrent regions that collectily are somehow named Vartugia".

The winner is the band Blaintant Propaganda with their song "Vartugia Greatest Nation". According to the band, "there seems to be false news when it comes to Vartugia. Vartugia arent a batshit nation with so horrible human rights abuses that it makes some other nations like paradise, but it is a Shangri-La where there is always sunshine and the ruling party cares for you". And as such, they will fly to the place of a shitty football team to play a song about Vartugia.

Guitar/Main Vocals: Name Less
Drums: Shitty Joke
Keyboard: No Thanks
Cowbell: Out Ofideas
Instrument: Sad Face

The time is set for this moment. The rehearsals have been a nightmare as the vocals for the main singer, Name Less, have "shit vocals, shit staging, and shit everything". Loud booing can be heard as this entry is among the most disliked entries this time. One video on a popular video hosting site had a like-to dislike ratio of 1000 dislikes to one like. So it's safe to say that Vartugia will not win the glass trophy.

The band begins to pretend to play any instrument. Name Less is the only one that has a microphone and he is the main vocals for this entry.

Vartuiga, bestest nation in the earth
Has the highest crime rate
And we shoot everyone that doesn't obey
Won Worldvision 91 times
And we will win again
101 percent votes for the ruling party
Since all of the other parties cheats
We jail every illegal protester
They will never come home again
One-party rule is the best
Democracy is dumb as fuck
We will tell a truth for you

Out of the blue 3 police officers from Vartugia brings someone on the stage and push said person into a corner. They grasp the guns that they carry and begin to shot the criminal. Blood spatter everywhere and for Name Less, its "a normal Monday night". The criminal gets shot dead and everyone on the vartugian band cheers.

We are the greatest nation in the multiverse
We will destroy you by nuking you
We have a lot of vartugia-stans
And that is just the begining
We never lost in football like Avon did
We has 3560 dankzillion in GDP
We have the best party that rules a country
So everyone please move to Vartugia

The police officers now drag the bloody course off the stage and we now begin to hear wailing vocals from Name Less. It took this long for his vocals to be bad.

Motorways that kills everyone
Trillion-dollar airport used once per year
Trains run on steam but we have no coal
Schools are banned
And no health care in this place
Overdosing on crack is our pastime here
Our jails are overcrowded
And that is how safe we are

Name Less's vocals gets better and now everyone begins to sing along the last refrain of the song. Hold out, the torture are almost over.

We are the greatest nation in the multiverse
We will destroy you by nuking you
We have a lot of vartugia-stans
And that is just the beginning
We never lost in football like Avon did
We has 3560 dankzillion in GDP
We have the best party that rules a country
So everyone please move to Vartugia

The music cuts suddenly and everyone in the band then shouts one
Vote!

No one applauded for this entry. 3 minutes are over and we hopefully never need to hear this again.

Hopefully...
Last edited by Vartugia on Wed May 12, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue May 04, 2021 12:40 pm

32. Spiritual Republic of Caryton
The Shirleyton Trio - "Neighborly Love"
The Shirleyton Trio is a family band specializing in 60s-era christian retro pop. The group is comprised of the family of Dorothy Shirleyton, although the Leading Reverend herself is too old to perform. The vocalists are Bernice, Betty, and Eleanor Shirleyton with Todd and Heidi Shirleyton on muted brass, and their spouses on strings. Adam Shirleyton plays the synthesizer and his wife on percussion. Their music is a tribute and a time capsule, for in other countries, it is a homage to when music was vintage and christlike, but paradoxically this is the only genre of pop in the SRC, not considering contemporary gospel. The SRC is an anomaly, a 80s-90s tech country with 50s-60s moral values surrounded by the modern nuances of 2021.

The vocalists, from left to right: Bernice, Betty, Eleanor

The dresses the performers will wear

It had been a long time since the Shirleyton Trio had seen the stage. Their entry wasn't the most well-received but the demands of the domestic Carytonic were absolute- with the family band narrowly winning the national contest and advancing to perform for WorldVision. In the parade of nations, the band would walk in their matching uniforms (the male instrumentalists would wear white shirts with matching floral bowties) before the Carytonic flag and the universal Christian flag, their smiles genuine and expressions humble in contrast to the hooting and hollering which preceded them.

-

tune is here

The stage would open with a flourish of shimmering amber lights, revealing the Shirleyton Trio to the audience, being met with a respectable applause. The instrumentalists would suddenly pick up and begin, the three girls standing side by side in a line with the family instrumentalists behind them playing from their foldable chairs. Scarlet spotlights would shine down on the performers as they began, tracing figure eights around their formation.

It could be rainy, it could be bright!
It could be in the darkness of night!
But I’m still with you, through all my sin!
My life’s a battle that we still can win!

Neighborly love! Like you set forth above!
Smile all you can and help your fellow man-
Like neighborly love! It’s neighborly love!

The trio's harmonies would match the intention of the instrumentalists as they smiled onwards. The ladies would have the headset microphones, allowing their arms to stretch out as a simple choreographed moved, letting them sway like a wave as the stanzas shifted from one to two, giving a playful atmosphere to their performance. They kept this going on until the second verse began. The amber lights would shift to a dramatic gray, a rainstorm being shown through the video screens.

I could be running, I could just fall!
I could be sobbing and just lose it all!
I know you’re with me, through all my trials!
I’ll get up again and run a dozen miles!

Like neighborly love! It’s neighborly love!

The trio would mimic the words they sang, running in place then crouching down. They looked at each other in despair. Behind them on the screens, a portrait of Jesus Christ would appear before the cross which stood empty. The despairing gray would be cast out by the same playful amber lights and swiveling scarlet spotlights. The group would smile brightly and stand up, lifting Bernice to a standing position who was in a mock state of weakness, allowing the transition into the chorus. They'd keep it up until the key changed.

You are the savior, I am the child!
Your sacrifice made all things in this great earth mild!
And you gave Cary and made it all bright!
I’m joyfully striding towards thy heav’nly light!

The portrait of their savior would disappear, but with the brighter key change the colors would shift to a spring green- reflecting youth and virtue as sparkling green lights descended and the picture on the LED screens brightened to a view of the springtime sun shimmering through the new leaves of a ficus tree. As the trumpeters took more of a prominence, a single yellow spotlight shone on them, intentionally obscuring the vocalists as they began a step-touch dance.

Like neighborly love!
Like neighborly love!
It’s neighborly love!
Neigh...bour...ly love!

The spotlight would continue to shine on the trumpets, but the vocalists became prominent again as they used the few seconds of being obscured to pull out Carytonic and Christian flags, waving the small symbols left and right to enthusiasm as the audience hastily clapped to the beat, letting them to hold out their last ending note, the last two blasts of the trumpet initiating a fade to white, bright lights blinding the audience, letting the trio and their instrumentalists leave.
Last edited by Spiritual Republic of Caryton on Wed May 05, 2021 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton - The FIRST pet tribute nation
In tribute to my childhood Golden Retriever, Cary. She lived 11 years of joy and love.
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A rural 80s-90s tech agrarian restorationist christian nation with no separation between church and state. The de jure head of state is Cary the Golden Retriever, famed for so-called prophetic abilities.
TBNC: [2-3-2021] 0 COVID cases since 6-7-2020! SRC currently rolling out COVID-19 vaccine to public. Huge alcohol bust in Retriever Bay, foreign smugglers sentenced to life with no parole, no compromise reached with foreign embassy according to the zero-tolerance Prohibition Act.
18 y/o Latter-day Saint boy in Arizona. Openly gay HS senior. Agrarian Localist CivNat with an obsession with his home city.

Llalta
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Tue May 04, 2021 2:20 pm

33 ⚝ LLALTA
"Constellations" - Lacey
Music ⚝ Lee Shin-hyun
Lyrics ⚝ Lee Shin-hyun
~⚝~

"Celebrity" - IU

The cover art of the single "Constellations", by Lacey (Lee Shin-hyun). The single is also Llalta's entry in the 90th WorldVision Song Contest in Avon, Elejamie.

~⚝~ BACKGROUND ~⚝~

The last edition that Llalta participated in was WorldVision 87, held in Peeto, Polkopia. There, established Llaltese singer-songwriter Himiko Arden returned to contest after placing 24th in WorldVision 86 with the powerful ballad, "To Live". However, with a new rush of creativity, she returned with the grand, oriental ballad "Forevermore". Though extremely popular in native Llalta, the song, much like "To Live" failed to gain traction pre-show, many considering it yet another low placement for the tiny island nation. The odds were even more brutal, many saying the song had no chance to reach even top 20. However with powerful, poetic lyrics and a grand soundscape filled with instruments and timbres from Himiko's home of Japan, coupled with a dazzling performance that somehow managed to capture the hearts of the world, the song ended the night placing 2nd with 217 points, much to the ecstasy of the Llaltese. Though Llalta's closest neighbours Britonisea won the contest with the amazing pop ballad "Let Me Down Gently", Himiko Arden and the team at the LBN were incredibly proud, gaining the countries second best position as well as the second podium position. Not only that, but it showed the world that the tiny island nation was still a force to be reckoned with. The song, "Forevermore" topped the Llaltese charts and has remained at the top since it was released in January, However, the LBN's fragile and small budget meant that Llalta was be on a hiatus for an indefinite amount of time, much the dismay of the Llaltese islanders. Yet, no amount of time could withhold the many discussions for future participations. Though the LBN had largely gone silent after the initial statement of a WorldVision withdrawal, many speculated that the LBN were planning something big.

After a two edition hiatus from the prestigious WorldVision Song Contest, Llalta is back, the LBN (Llaltese Broadcasting Network) confirming their participation on the 15th of April, as well as confirming Llalta's very own national final: Llaltavision. The second edition of the country's only national final sparked excitement from Llaltese and devoted international fans alike. The first edition had four artists from all over the world battle to represent Llalta at the 67th WorldVision, with Pingu and his song "Nööt Nööt Nööt" going to Darkmania. However, the plucky penguin ended up getting Llalta's worst placing in Llaltese history at the time, placing 23rd. Despite this, Pingu enjoyed many, many, many a success with his song which ended up becoming viral on the internet and giving Pingu a helping hand into his successful music career. The second edition of Llaltavision however was hoping to replicate Pingu's success; hopefully placing better than 23rd at the WorldVision Song Contest. A few hours after the announcement of Llaltavision, the format was released, differing greatly from the first. Primarily, rather than separate artists competing for a spot at WorldVision, it was announced that it was one group performing a number of songs. This group ended up being the multinational girl group Constellations, comprised of four girls each with a Llaltese heritage, who were to debut the music career upon the WorldVision stage. Secondarily, the amount of songs doubled from a selection of 4 songs to a selection of 8. Furthermore, the songs competing in the second edition were noted to be of far higher quality than the inoffensive pop songs of the first Llaltavision. All this news lead to an excited batch of fans who couldn't wait to see Llalta in it's newest era.

Llaltavision aired on the 1st of May, the tirelessly performing 8 songs throughout the show, with the votes coming immediately after. The selection garnered much positive attention, many citing the high quality of both production and songs, the debuting girl group Constellations also being praised for their stamina and excellent performances. After the intense voting, the summery dance song "Sunspots" claimed victory, winning both the international jury and the Llaltese televotes with a staggering 128 points. Furthermore, "Sunspots" topped the charts upon release on streaming sites and their live performance trending in Llalta. Not to mention that the rest of the songs also charted in the top 10 as well as trending on YoutTube. Much unlike the very first Llaltavision, it was considered a success in the eyes of most.

Unfortunately, only a few weeks after the reveal of the entry, Constellations revealed on their twitter that they were to withdraw from the 90th WorldVision Song Contest entirely, due to personal issues within one of the members lives that meant they did not feel motivated to perform. After the initial rush of disappointment, some began wondering whether Llalta was to pull out once again, continuing the streak of non-participations, or whether another act would be internally selected in order to replace Constellations. However, for a few weeks there was nothing but silence from the LBN, which made many fans begin to worry. Behind closed doors, the LBN were panicking also. Much of their funding had gone into the rather expensive national final, as well as having to bring the funding to produce another entry, as well as create a music video and promotions. Even harder, the small broadcasting network had to find yet another artist to represent them. The usual representatives were unavailable, Himiko Arden too busy preparing for the release of her album, Yva also, and Esther Winterbourne training for a tour around Britonisea after the release of her most recent album. Some singers told the LBN that they weren't able to write a song quick enough. The LBN were stumped for options. The chance of a Llaltese participation were looking bleaker and bleaker by the day. And then, like an angel with a blessing, a letter came in through the door of the LBN headquarters, from the music teacher of the Academy of St. Christopher detailing them of a ray of hope. The music teacher, Amerosa Marie-Calworthington, a close affiliate of the LBN WorldVision team, told them of the teaching assistant, Lee Shin-hyun, who writes and performs many songs for the younger children in music class in order to inspire them to achieve greatness. After receiving the letter, the LBN with little hope left asked if she was able to write a song for WorldVision, and possibly even perform it if she were confident enough.

Initially declining the proposal, stating that she didn't want to be a performer, the 22-year-old music teaching assistant only agreed after her class pushed her to do it, telling her that as she had inspired them to pursue their dreams, they would inspire her to achieve hers. Inspired by the encouragement and praise from her students, she firmly agreed. A few days later and with little time to spare, she presented her song "Constellations" which was excitedly snapped up by the LBN. Soon after, the music video was shot and released, with much praise from the Llaltese islanders. It was all a huge rush to beat the clock, as very soon, Lacey would be on the stage performing. Almost too soon. Many times, Lacey had been seen to be extremely anxious, WorldVision being her debut performance, extremely tough given the large audience. She had faced many anxiety issues before, especially as an immigrant in Aloquirbe, yet, no feeling quite as bad as this. Naturally, Lacey was a shy, quiet and sensitive person who had never pursued a career of fame or money; the spotlight was rather overwhelming, especially so sudden. However, with the encouragement of her students, she overcame the challenges and is ready to inspire the world as her students inspired her.

~⚝~ THE ARTIST ~⚝~

ImageImage
LEE SHIN-HYUN (LACEY)
Age 22 (born 12th August, 1998)

Originally born in the tiny village of Odaecheon, South Korea, Lee Shin-hyun (more ubiquitously known as Lacey, after one of her students mispronounced her korean name as "Lacey" and she rather liked the name, so it stuck) is a teaching assistant for music class at St. Christopher's Academy, Llalta. At 2-years-old, she moved to Aloquirbe with only her mother, her parents divorced leaving Lacey as an only child with a single parent. There, she learnt English fluently, though never learning Korean as an attempt to assimilate. Her love for music was also sparked there, enamoured by local musicians. However, she ended up majoring in teaching and education, eventually completing her degree in 2018. Afterwards, she and her mother then moved to Llalta, drawn in by the idyllic landscapes and the peace. Lacey then got a job as a teaching assistant whilst her mother helped out at the Llaltese Red Cross. In her job, she often wrote songs for the children to learn, or allowed the students to express their feelings sincerely through music. She also directed many of the nativity plays held each year, as well as helping out at music festivals and providing free vocal training to students of St. Christopher's Academy. She has also helped Llalta out at the Junior World Hit Festival, even staging and the winning song "Always" by Nancy Grace, whom of which is vocal trained by Lacey. Despite this, she herself has never pursued fame or even a solo career, being completely happy being able to teach and inspire in the classroom, her students often thinking that she has the potential to inspire the world as she inspires and comforts them. Thus, WorldVision would be her first major performance and her debut into the music industry, which is a big feat for such a small town soul, who has never performed outside of the classroom. Even so, she does not wish fame out of the experience, rather to spread hope throughout the world. Since the release of her debut single and WorldVision entry "Constellations" she has been gaining traction in Llalta and some parts of the world, many admiring her softy voice that is laced with feeling. Furthermore, her music style has been coined as soft pop, much like the music of her home country, South Korea. Her single has already peaked at #1 on the Llaltese charts, a successful debut for the music industry rookie.

~⚝~ THE SONG ~⚝~

ImageImage
"CONSTELLATIONS"
"Constellations" is a pop song written, produced and sung by Lee Shin-hyun (Lacey) and was released on the 6th of May, 2021, and serves as the Llaltese entry in the 90th edition of WorldVision, held in Avon, Elejamie. It is also Lacey's debut single, and tells the story of Lacey, describing how much she wants to remind someone/humanity that they are loved and will always be loved. As told by Lacey herself:
This, is quite a personal song for me. It's about togetherness and... well... in the modern world it's easy to feel alone, useless, unwanted, unloved... and this song is my personal message to those whose light of hope has been dimmed. I hope Constellations can at least inspire, and... um, comfort at least one person... yeah. We are all constellations, always connected, always alight. You are always loved, always and forever.

The song was written in early 2021, around January in lockdown, written amongst many other small ideas Lacey had produced to perform for her class in order to spark hope amongst her socially distanced and morally worn out class. With poetic lyrics detailing the singer's devotion to the world, the song lay on a sheet of paper in the back of her drawers, only seeing the light of day when Lacey was bored and hopeless as a little melody to allow her to smile again. However, the song fully resurfaced as Lacey decided to whip up a tune for WorldVision, changing some of the lyrics as well as the melody from the original to create a more bouncy, uplifting tune. After that, she created the instrumentation inspired by the soft sounds of the electric keyboards that the youngest of her classes tinkle with, creating something that everyone can dance too. Some critics have praised the song's more fresh and upbeat sound compared to other Llaltese entries, as well as being an impressive debut single from the young artist. The song instantly topped the Llaltese charts upon its surprise release, overthrowing Himiko Arden's "Forevermore" from it's 15 week reign at #1.

~⚝~ THE PERFORMANCE ~⚝~

The crowd cheer as the Llaltese entry is to begin, the arena plunging into darkness. Silence descends on the large crowd, from large cheers to hushed whispers, to nothing. Onstage, a nervous Lacey waits patiently for her cue to begin. The time had finally come; her very first performance in public, to a large audience. She was rather nervous. Perhaps she would forget the words, hit a wrong note, or forget her choreography, just a few of the scenarios that flooded her mind. Doubt began to pierce the normally tranquil state of her mind. In the dark and the quiet, she began to almost feel as if she were in a large void. As if, there was nobody else there. She took a deep breath. At once, everything began to clear, at least mostly. She thought of her students, who had always had faith in her, even when she hadn't. She thought of her mother, who had sacrificed everything to get Lacey where she was today. It seemed forever until the music began, but Lacey didn't mind. In fact, she couldn't wait to hear the cue for the first note, excited to show the world what was so precious to her: music. She closed her eyes, taking yet another deep breath. For the first time in a while, she felt ready.

The music begins, and the stage illuminates in a soft pink, the LEDs showing a pink sky with cotton candy clouds. The sky is a soft pink at the bottom, a gradient to a navy blue at the top with a few specks of starlight. The camera starts with a close up of Lacey, who is originally looking at the floor, hands in front of her pelvis.

Step away, from the edge
The breeze entices you to stay
Reminds you you're still breathing

Step away, into the day
You're scarred smile is sun-kissed
But it takes time to heal

Step into my heart
Into a brand new start
I will love you endlessly
As endless as the moonlit sky

And when stars paint twilight
We will shine unto the night
Always connected
We are constellations

Even if vast galaxies collide
Even if there's nowhere but the skies
I'll always love you no matter the timeline
Even after this life
We are constellations

Constellations
We are constellations

Step away, into my arms
Hear the soft beat of my heart
A purpose to be alive

Please step away, from the pain
Treasure happy days, sad days
Someday you will remember and smile

Step into my heart
Into a brand new start
I will love you endlessly
As endless as the sunlit sky

And when stars paint twilight
We will shine unto the night
Always connected
We are constellations

Even after this life
We are constellations

Even if the starlight ceases to shine
We are eternally connected through painted lines, so hold tight
Even if the twilight seems so bright
You're loved, you're forever,
Please remember I want you to stay

Even after this life
We are constellations

Constellations
We are constellations
Last edited by Llalta on Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Greater Korean Juche Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Korean Juche Republic » Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am

#34 - GREATER KOREAN JUCHE REPUBLIC
Blood of Martyrdom - Ri Pyong Chon, Kang Song-Il and the Pyongyang Choir

Peace on Our Bayonets

-

The cold winter encroaches steadily.
Her immovable frost host a million ri of despair.
Nothing can tear us away from the homeland,
Not even the winter's nothingness.

The enemy stands unforgiveable!
The enemy stands as the malefactor of evil!
The blood of martyrdom, only the blood of martyrdom,
Will dispose of them and bring the summer sun!

Through the rotten battlefield, our youth march on.
The blazing brambles entangle, yet they still advance.
Not even the inferno of thorns.

The enemy stands unforgiveable! (Ah...)
The enemy stands as the malefactor of evil! (Ah...)

[INSTRUMENTAL]

(Ah, nothing save our blood of martyrdom!)

The scoundrels of Britonisea, defectors of Axuva!
Liars of Caryton, idols of Malta!
Not even the torrent of sweltering steel!

The enemy stands unforgiveable!
The enemy stands as the malefactor of evil!

Ah...!
Last edited by Greater Korean Juche Republic on Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(I do not use NS stats)
Modernized Juche Korea. In 1900s, Joseon Dynasty still existed. Kim Il-Sung led one of many revolutionary groups, captured 2/3 of Korea. Alternate Korean War, North won in 1950. Kim Jong Il dies in 2009, Un in 2016. A cousin, Kim Seyong-Taek obtains power and makes Korea a regional influencer.

Love to the Fatherland and Hate to the Enemy
WV74: 25th place - 23 points
WV75 - 15th place - 51 points

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 am

OOC: My commentary here does not necessarily reflect my real-life opinion of the songs, the nations, or the people behind them.

WorldVision Commentary Presented by the ABC
A special program of the Adab Broadcasting Corporation

ImageImageImage
Left to right: Aleksandr de Pfeffel-Krigenstein Dolgorukov, Abigail Halevi, and Derrick Bobbama

Our Commentators:

Aleksandr de Pfeffel-Krigenstein Dolgorukov: A descendant of Russo-German nobility who moved to Adab years ago, Aleksandr made his name in the film and music industry, with his talent agency Aleksandr Superstar Agency becoming one of the biggest in the country. He is constantly on the lookout for young, promising actors and musicians who he believes deserves to be famous. Aleksandr has graciously agreed to join us on the commentary box as a temporary replacement for Filippos Eliades, who is currently on a spiritual journey to Tibet but hopes to return in time for WorldVision 91.
Abigail Halevi: One of Adab's most promising young actresses, Eilat's very own, Abigail is also guitarist in the ska punk band The Penguins and hosts her own podcast, Sitting Down with Abigail Halevi, which is carried on all major streaming platforms.
Derrick Bobbama: An outspoken lawyer, community organizer, and voting reform activist, dubbed a "firebrand" by his critics, in his spare time Derrick loves listening to music and following the latest musical trends and is a self-proclaimed "WorldVision fan". Derrick currently owns his own social media platform, called Parley.

Featuring Guest Commentary from:

Filippos Eliades: From his monastery in Tibet, where he is currently working towards achieving a higher state of being, Filippos will offer commentary on a select few of the performances via telephone if the connection permits.

2. Faraby
Derrick: I suppose this is a good introduction to the inhumanity of man. Well, certain men.
Abigail: As well as the inhumanity of capital execution, especially by electrocution.
Aleksandr: Well thank God they didn't actually execute that fellow onstage. Would've made for one hell of a horror show.

3. Adab
Abigail: Damn I'm liking this. I think this may actually break into the top ten.
Derrick: It has everything. Catchy beat, catchy vocals, catchy lyrics.
Aleksandr: The choreography wasn't too bad either, and clearly this woman has talent. I'm looking forward to her future career.

8. Malta Comino Gozo
Derrick: You know this girl or whoever wrote this song listens to Aretha Franklin.
Abigail: I really like this, and I think if the voters are generous enough MCG might have a second win in a row. The staging was genuinely impressive and the dancers were great too. You just know put in a lot of effort into this.
Aleksandr: It's impressive. I just hope they didn't blow their budget doing this.

9. Todlichebujoku
Abigail: Dark, harsh... and sensual. I don't know about you guys but I actually enjoyed the performance.
Aleksandr: It wasn't bad but I'm not sure too many people would vote for this, if only because it's, well, alienating, if you know what I mean.
Derrick: Yeah, it's not for everyone. I mean I like this and from an artistic standpoint I think it's good, but I can understand if it's not for everyone.

16. Mister X
Derrick: Mister X is back!
Aleksandr: It's a catchy song and the lyrics are bound to be stuck in your head. And everything about the singer and the performance oozes energy and... well, it all just felt alive.
Abigail: I like this much more than I thought I would. I don't know if the voters will like this but I do hope this will at least make it into the top ten.

21. Achaean Republic
Aleksandr: Okay, I'm not really sure about this. I feel like the beat never really took off-
Derrick: I mean I don't think it's supposed to, you know, "take off". Like, it's not your upbeat, poppy type of song. It's more... sultry and sensual, I guess.
Abigail: The dancers and choreography were excellent as usual, though. And the song has a good message.
Derrick: Exactly. I mean if you don't like the beat you should listen to the lyrics.
Abigail: Patriarchy be damned.
Derrick: Exactly, yeah.

25. Waisnor
Abigail: I like this! Laid back but still catchy and somewhat upbeat. Well, until the last minute or so.
Derrick: Waisnor is hugely underrated.
Aleksandr: I enjoyed this. I think it's time that voters give Waisnor what they deserve and send them to the top ten.
Derrick: I can get behind that!

32. Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Derrick: Not gonna lie, this is very relaxing in a Carytonic kind of way.
Abigail: It's a song that you can drink tequila to.
Aleksandr: This is pretty good. I'm not sure if this would do very well but more power to them.

36. Northern Beepee
Aleksandr: Right, I think this is a good one, and the orchestra really complemented it.
Derrick: This may be the dark horse of the night.
Abigail: I think she did a great job and I really enjoyed it.
Last edited by Adab on Thu May 13, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Male, 20, Indonesian | Last.fm

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my secondary nation IRL).

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Syrche » Wed May 05, 2021 9:30 pm

Varøka Salona is well regarded as a legendary music producer in Syrche. She has written hundreds of top charting pop songs for the likes of Sheante, Marlinda Hargraves, 1MILLA, and many, many more. Varøka was last seen in Worldvision 66, when Sheante's "Against the Flame" narrowly beat out her entry, "For All Time."

Originally from Darlene, in the South of Syrche, she now resides in East Seridan, a bedroom community of the Capital, Sekth. Varøka signed with ONE Recordings in 2010, and has released 3 albums through the label; "Come Find Me," "Anytime, Anywhere," and her most recent, 2020's "Forget. Reality."

Peer Nostalgia were originally formed as a collaboration between Producer Ash Merdokk and Singer / Model / Influencer Jonas Eikkhorn in 2018. The two released an album for Kersner Music, titled "The Future of the End" to moderate fanfare, and later competed in the Sunlight Song Contest ahead of Worldvision 83, with the song "Livewire," which failed to gain traction against MLE Cleary's "In My Life."

The group parted ways in 2020 for unknown reasons, though Eikkhorn continues to use the name Peer Nostalgia as a stage name.

Peer Nostalgia appears on the stage, an unmistakable silhouette. Even on the dimly lit stage, his Pink hair and glittery sunglasses demand attention. He is dressed in a white button down shirt and simple black pants and his fingernails are subtly painted black. As the music begins, he remains at the far side of the stage, pacing.

Before you go
There's one thing on my mind
I just need to know

Varøka Salona walks out from behind, wearing a hounds-tooth patterned fitted shirt with elongated shoulders and blue and black pinstriped spandex pants to compliment her blue hair and lipstick. Crossing to the right side of the stage as she sings, before looking over at Peer Nostalgia with a knowing smile.

I see the way that You look at Me
When we're both alone...

As the pre-chorus begins, Peer Nostalgia walks along the left catwalk, Varøka walks the right catwalk in unison, before meeting at the center. The lighting gradually lifts more and more as they approach the end of the catwalks.

Lets take the path that leads us to discovery
Build a fire that burns into our memory
Emotionally pouring on like gasoline
Engulfed, Inflaming, everlasting

Varøka turns back. Peer Nostalgia gestures to her as he begins the chorus.
The lighting switches abruptly from yellow overheads to various shades of pink and purple overhead cam lights, rotating in different directions. The wireframe lighting at the back of the stage also lights up in pink and purple.

As Peer Nostalgia sings "I Love You" he turns away to face the audience on the other side, and Varøka turns back toward him, now gesturing, longing, with both hands outstretched.

Before you walk out that door,
Clear the air
Let me know,

Before you go...
Place yourself in my arms,
What's the harm?
I love you,

I just need to know
Before you go....oh oh oh

The Purple lights disappear, and the pink sharpens into a dark red.
Varøka marches over to the center of the catwalk, standing beside Peer Nostalgia, who faces away. Her vocals are somewhat restrained, though her performance is aggressive, as she approaches her allusive love.

What's the point of treading lightly just to hide what's really real?
And how could I get burned alive by what i know we both can feel?

The lighting begins to soften to a lighter pink, then transitions to orange.
Peer Nostalgia abruptly turns toward Varøka. The Pair lock eyes. She Melts. He shimmies over to her, and the pair begin grinding their bodies together to the music as he sings.

You're love is the object of my desire
Everybody knows that it's all about timing
We belong together like Mariah
Carry you to safety, any mountain we can climb it

Varøka does a full 180, staring directly into Peers eyes, walking him back along the center catwalk.
The lighting dims to half strength.

Stare into these eyes, forever
Never ending, Love Always
Continuously, Religously
Intimate et et et

The pair now stand together at the center of the main stage. The lighting continues to wane

Magnetically, we're building on the energy
Emotionally charged like electricity

It's almost pitch black. The two split up again, each traversing either side of the catwalks, as the lights quickly transition back to full Pink and Purple, rotating.

Before you walk out that door,
Clear the air
Let me know, before you go...
Before you Go...
Place yourself in my arms,
What's the harm?
I love you, i just need to know
Before you go....oh oh oh
Before you go
Before you go

They meet at the end of the catwalk again. She stares into his eyes, caressing his tie in anticipation. The lighting begins to dim again, becoming very faint by the end of the next verse.

A soft pink spotlight shines down on them.

I lay my heart on the line
Let you decide
How You feel
I just need to know...

As fireworks shoot out from the main stage, lighting the entire arena, He reaches out to her, taking her hand and lifting both into the air, triumphantly.

Now we can walk out that door
hand in hand

you and i are fully exposed, because we know
that our love is true love
heart and soul
two worlds apart, but together whole

oh oh
oh oh
oh oh oh

Fireworks shoot from the stage once more, as the two take a bow, blowing kisses and waving to the excited audience before he takes her hand they exit the stage.
Last edited by Syrche on Fri May 14, 2021 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Northern Beepee
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Northern Beepee » Tue May 11, 2021 7:43 pm

36?. NORTHERN BEEPEE  

"Follow"
Performed by
Magnolia

Tune: "Door de Wind - "Miss Montreal"

MAGNOLIA

Northern Beepee is back for its third entry on WorldVision having previously participated in WV84 and WV87.

This cycle the internal selectors at KooriTV have chosen Magnolia to represent them.

Magnolia is 34 years old and has never sung professionally before tonight's performance.  Indeed, this will be her first live performance.  The niece of an executive of KooriTV, and its widely speculated that its for this sole reason she was chosen to represent Northern Beepee.

Despite this, Magnolia is committed to succeed, and certainly has some pedigree. Magnolia comes from a family of creative people. Her grandfather was an artist and her mother a pianist. 

Participation in Worldvision 90 is a dream come true for Magnolia. The stage is waiting for her and she hopes it will be a springboard to a singing career.

The song itself is a song of love and need tinged with sadness, and Magnolia hopes to convey the emotions of the song in her presentation to you tonight.

FOLLOW

Magnolia stands center stage awaiting the ident to finish. 

Magnolia wears a simple olive green dress with a flowering golden wattle pinned just above her left breast, in a simple and understated homage to her home country.

The orchestra shuffles quietly in their seats, flicking their sheet music over preparing for the song to begin.

The Elejamie orchestra conductor, Chris Basset, settles the Avon Philharmonia Orchestra raising his baton to gain the attention of the musicians.

A silence falls over the audience as the ident ends.

The stage is dimly lit.

The camera is set to the hand of the orchestra pianist... who begins.

As she does a circle of lights frames up around Magnolia, placing her in what could be described as a prison made of bars of light (think kind of similar to Sanna Neilsen, "Undo", Sweden, ESC2014).

The camera cuts to a sweeping panoramic of  Magnolia, who nervously tucks her dark curly locks behind her ear and quietly begins...

After everything
That you put me through
I shouldn't
Just follow you
But I have to
You're like air to me
Yeah
You're like air to me

She holds the microphone to her mouth with both hands, trying to simultaneously steady the shake she feels running through her whole body and to give her the strength get through the emotions that will be laid bare in her performance.

The orchestra string section, begins to layer in behind her performance as she continues, growing in vocal strength after the nervousness of the opening stanza.

You are all I've ever wanted
All I've ever needed
Like a moth to a flame
You know I will follow
You're the flame that I follow

As the chorus begins, Magnolia fumbles with her in-ear monitor, and she tries to push it back in, before letting it fall on her shoulder.

Over hills
Over mountains
I will follow you there
After all
Life has no meaning without you
My love
I will follow you

As she sings the next stanza, the director chooses a variety of shots of the orchestra and long distance views over the stage.  The shots make Magnolia seem small and fragile against the massive backdrop of the set and stage.

All the questions
You made me ask
All the answers
That never did come back
You hurt me
Oh yes, you hurt me

As she sings the next stanza, Magnolia closes her eyes and opens her throat with a powerful growl of pain and hurt.  There's a rawness of emotion that floods out.

And I never believed
That there's a loser and winner
That one is a God
The other's a sinner
And I'm not the sinner

As the chorus carries on, the circle of lights splay and fall away from Magnolia and a spotlight floods directly down on her from above.

Magnolia removes one hand from the microphone and holds her hand slightly beside her face, her body fighting the emotions of the song and pushing out through her unrestricted hand.

The orchestra wind and brass sections, joining the heavy drum beat which started in the previous stanza, now layer into the music to bring greater depth to the tune.

Over hills
Over mountains
I will follow you there
After all
My love, I will follow you

Before she begins to sing the bridge, Magnolia breathes out deeply, releasing pent up energy as she sways backwards and forwards reaching out to her lyrical lover.

Over hills and mountains
Over seas and oceans
Over trees and valleys
You know I will follow

With the final chorus, Chris Basset lowers his baton looking for the orchestra to move to play piano.

Magnolia's voice begins to quiver as she reaches the end of the final chorus.  She grips the microphone with both hands again.

Over hills
Over mountains
I will follow you there
After all
My love,

With her eyes looking off into the distance, Magnolia's voice barely manages to squeak out the final line.

I will follow you

The director cuts back to the hands of the piano player to see the final notes of the music being played, before the lights fade and dim to darkness.

Magnolia stands for a moment, taking in the site in front of her, breathing quietly to herself.

Before waving to the audience as she walked of stage.

Beepee
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Tue May 11, 2021 7:44 pm

37? BEEPEE
"Won't You Fall In Love"
Performed by
Mary Zaho

Tune: Trax - Du er fuld af løgn

BEEPEE AT WORLDVISION

WorldVision 90 represents the 12th Worldvision entry from the affable yet aloof nation.

Beepee's schlagerific song choices have veered consistently from the sublime to the ridiculous, with varying levels of success - including a shock victory at WorldVision 85 in Valletta.

CycleSong - ArtistPos.
79Send Me Someone to Love - Ida Slapter22
80Live in Peace - Krystal D'Canter18
81Fight for My Love - Betty Wont22
82All in Your Mind - Birthe Right9
TeamsMemories - Amina Pickle (w/ Elejamie)10 (last)
83Hold Me - Betty Wont25
84From the Sky - Selma Soul3
85My Heart Bears - Claude Bols1
86Where You Are - Birthe Right13
87Marry Me - The Goolies23
88The Spell - Teddy Behr7
89Only Love - Jolie Beaujaube8

This cycle has a very special place in the hearts and minds of average Beepeeps, as its being held in Elejamie.  Beepeeans still recall with great affection WorldVision Teams, where Amina Pickle and Andrea Garcia joined forces but failed to set the juries alight.  However, since then Elejamie has held a special place in the heart of Beepeeans.

MARY ZAHO

YES SHE IS!

Mary is a thirty-something television presenter and singer. 

Born in Silver Wattle Bay, Mary moved to Norfolk Pinewoods in 2010 to study journalism at PU. During her studies she entered several amateur song contests.

In 2018, she married Songwriter Mike Zaho, and progressed her career as a reporter and singing.

She represents Beepee in the 90th Worldvision  Contest with the song "Won't You Fall In Love" co-written with her husband.

AVON CALLING

Upon being selected to be this years participant, Mary Zaho'ed her way over to Elejamie lickety-split.  Quarantining for seven days, the minimum time required - thanks to Beepee's covid free state - Mary found herself a little bored in her luxury suite.  She flicked on ETV ONE just to hear noise in her room.  She looked longingly out the window at the city sprawled below.  Luckily, however, the quarantine gave Mary time to practice her vocals and dance moves.  He hopped and bounced her way around her room... much to the annoyance of her neighbours.

After the period of isolation was over, Mary decided to take in the sights and sounds of Avon. Mary had reviewed the welcome package and determined her first stop would be the Pancakeria, particularly given the in-hotel food options.

Mary ordered a world famous sweet pankarito and a pink milkshake with a pancake straw.  The food was very hearty and thoroughly enjoyable. Unfortunately, however Mary left her pancake straw in her milkshake a bit too long and and it went limp and soggy.  Mary sucked and sucked as hard as she could through the pancake straw, but no milkshake rose up the straw.  Mary hadn't sucked that hard in a while, and at one point she thought her head might explode.

After some tasty food, Mary made her way to Boardway to do some high end shopping. First stop was Blair’s Department Store.  Mary had brought her credit card and was ready to spend, spend, spend on some Elejamine fancy goods. 

WORLDVISION 90

Beepeean Televisual Commentary

Hugh Jakeman, commentator, imbecile, alcoholic, is once again providing sensationalism and patriotic fervour with his commentary for those televisual viewers in Beepee and across the multiverse online.  Unfortunately for the televisual audience, High opened the chablis at Song 7.... and now he's making almost no sense.

"That was the the Northern Beepish entry "Follow"... we don't like to talk smack about them... so we'll just move on.

Next up it's us.  We're late on tonight, the latest we've ever been, and let's just hope the juries haven't fallen asleep.   If they have, this one should waken them back up.  It's a bouncy little number, just like Mary.

The songs a simple love song, in the best Beepeean tradition, and Mary sells it like she means it.

Here she comes now, a pert lovely in blancmange pink... let's all cheer her on in word and gesture... Mary Zaho - "Won't You... Fall.. in Love".

WON'T YOU FALL IN LOVE

The ident finishes and the stage is set in darkness.

Mary stands center stage.  Mary is wearing beautiful pink blancmange coloured satin outfit, her signature colour. With her coiffed hair do, held together with copious amounts of ultra-clutch hairspray.

The music begins and Mary starts bouncing through her knees in time to the beat.  The dance will remind the younger televisual viewers of a drunk aunt getting a bit to excited at a family celebration.

The lights slowly come up, and the audience gets a good look at the beaming Mary.  She's clearly happy to be here and she can't hide her excitement.

For once in your life
Listen to the words I say
And then you just might
feel my kiss

As she sings Mary is keen to make a connection through the camera, with slightly exaggerated facial expressions and pointing. (Everyone loves a good point!)

For example as she sings the next stanza, she points her finger to admonish the viewer and looks sternly down the camera as she sing "stop what you do", before relaxing and winking as she sings "crazy just for you".

Stop what you do
Look and me and you will see
Someone who loves you
and is crazy just for you

The poor Elejamie cameraman has to get creative with keeping Mary center screen as she bouncing gets a little more peppy as the chorus arrives.

As she sings the opening line, she points down the camera letting everyone know exactly how she feels.  It's preppy and naive, but also charming and spontaneous.

I'll give you my love
If you only asked me darling
I've more than enough
Yes it's true
Won't you fall in love
Tell me those three words
and I will tell you that I love you everyday

As she continues to happily bounce through the song, pointing with every 'me' or 'my and 'you', the Elejamie director cuts through different camera angles.  Thanks to her quarantine rehearsal time, Mary hits every cut and maintained perfect eyecontact with each cut.

All of my life
Don't you know that I have waited
Just for someone
Just like you

Mary peacocks around the stage, still bouncing through the knees, and giving it all the energy she can muster.

All I can say
Is take a chance and say you love me
You'll never know
Just how good my love can be

I'll give you my love
I've more than enough
Yes it's true
Won't you fall in love

As she sings the following stanza, Mary throws her arms around herself. Before throwing her arms open as she sings "how good my love feels", in a moment of pure unadulterated joy.

If you never hold me
Feel me in your arms
You will never understand
Just how good my love is

As the following bridge occurs, seemingly out of knowhere the (hidden in plain view) backing singers echo the "Won't you fall in..."... its both a surprise and a delight.

Won't you fall in...
Won't you fall in...
Won't you fall in love
You know I'm sent from up above
Just for you

As the key change kicks in there's an extra bounce in her step, as Mary she begins kicking her knees up higher, before doing an Israeli sidestep - Beepeean acts favourite dance move!

I'll give you my love
I've more than enough
Yes it's true
Won't you fall in love

I'll say that I love you everyday

As the last line is sung, Mary sashays down to the front of the stage

I'll say that I love you everyday

After singing the final line, Mary shanties back to center stage. As the music finishes, Mary thrusts her fist in the air.   It's a joyous  ending to an upbeat performance.
Last edited by Beepee on Wed May 12, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elejamie
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed May 12, 2021 5:01 am

ETV1 presents WorldVision 89 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Model and entertainer. Upbeat and fairly easy to please but sometimes he'll give criticism or comments on songs, regardless of whether or not he likes them. Expect positive comments from him, especially since my personal thoughts on the songs usually tend to lean closer to his opinions. Despite what the picture shows, he doesn't actually smoke. Calls Flynn "Fleen" because Y in the Iyilim alphabet is a consonant so it kept coming out as "Fluh-yeen", Flynn told him to pretend there's an I in it instead of a Y.

Ice hockey goaltender turned talk show host. Incredibly cynical and miserable to the point where he might seem a bit dickheadish. Almost always speaks in a flat monotone. Brought in not just as a foil to Cerin and his positive attitude but also because the two are friends off-camera. Will still give some positive comments on songs if they please him.

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 89! Bienvenido a WorldVision 89! Yalcom WorldVision 89! Live from Avon for once!
FT: That's a surprise.
CE: It sure is. I'm Cerin Erali.
FT: And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And we're yet another commentary reservation post.
FT: Why does Ele keep doing this to himself? He knows he has his main entry, his puppet's entry, a whole load of graphics and now this to do.
CE: Nothing wrong with a challenge!
FT: Or working yourself towards an early grave, especially with a laptop keyboard that doesn't work.
CE: Maybe. Be sure to check back in a bit!
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.
SISU OUT!

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Syrche » Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 am

Commentary Coming Soon!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates