NATION

PASSWORD

Of Desert Lionesses and Sand Raptors (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"And you're completely right in doing that, replies Pavel. And what you witnessed was not a cultural difference, but a big show of immaturity between 2 grown men who should have moved long ago from such manners.
-We're just messing with each other to relief the pressure a bit, adds Anaximander. After all, the meeting with the Court of the Azure Hall is not something to take lightly, and from this first impression will depend the future of the relations between the Sultanate and the Empire." finishes the Emperor with a serious look on his face, a sharp contrast from a few seconds ago.

"Oh, chess, says Alicia with a happy tone as she joins Mahmut and Anna in their conversation. I would love to have a game with your uncle, since I'm the best of us 4 at this game. Don't worry, you don't need to be a strategist to succeed in life, although from what we heard, it's a good thing to have at the Kyrenaian Court."

Fadia nodded.
"It indeed will. How you behave in front of the Court will shape not only the Court's opinion, but also the opinion of its members, many of them highly influential and powerful businesspeople, politicians... Royals like my Father. Or rather his representative, my brother Okan." She thought for a moment. "A little tip: When the doors are opened, a glare of light will hit you in the face. Even when blinded, do not let it irritate you. Just follow Mahmut... he'll get you through it safely."
She smiled slightly in the boy's direction, who was just having an animated discussion about something or the other.

"It indeed it at any if the Five Courts... or at any Khan's Court.", he admitted to the Colonel with a nod, "But I'll get there someday. I might not have talent for it, but tenacity." He grinned his roguish grin at the Colonel, something in the back of his head already looked forward to seeing them play chess. "Out of interest, though, what kind of chess do you play?"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

"It sure sounds like a lovable group of people, replies Pavel with a small sarcasm in his voice, as Anaximander lets out a small amused snort. But thanks for the advice. We'll just have to close our eyes and follow his voice. Joke aside, we were in situations like this in the past, so it won't be a problem at all.
-From my perspective, I see this, says the Emperor: the glare of light comes from the sun, which is the Lioness's gaze. If a guest can't stand it, then he is not worthy of Kyrenaia's attention. What do you think of this interpretation, Fadia?

"We play the classic game of chess, replies Alicia. And you're right, tenacity is one of the greatest's human qualities." she adds with a smile.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
A 1.1428571429 civilization, according to this one
I don't use NS stats

Change rate
: 1 Imperial Dollar = 1.86 NSD

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"It sure sounds like a lovable group of people, replies Pavel with a small sarcasm in his voice, as Anaximander lets out a small amused snort. But thanks for the advice. We'll just have to close our eyes and follow his voice. Joke aside, we were insituations like this in the past, so it won't be a problem at all.
-From my perspective, I see this, says the Emperor: the glare of light comes from the sun, which is the Lioness's gaze. If a guest can't stand it, then he is not worthy of Kyrenaia's attention. What do you think of this interpretation, Fadia?

"We play the classic game of chess, replies Alicia. And you're right, tenacity is one of the greatest's human qualities." she adds with a smile.

"Actually, that's close to one of Okan's interpretations.", Fadia said with a nod, having just recovered from a snort at the sarcastic remarks. Really, it was a loveable lot, once you got past all the protocol and was of appropriate standing. "His other interpretation is, that the glare was built into it to throw guests off centre."
She shrugged.
"It works sometimes.", she said, "And if you are blinded by it, follow the sound of his steps, for he won't speak. And try not to overtake him. We had that once, actually, looked pretty funny, for the guest was blinded long enough to bump into a pillar." Fadia grinned, her red eyes sparkling. "The Court took it with humour, the Sultana asking him to take it from the top again."

Mahmut made a face.
"Then there might be a problem, for we don't play what is usually referred to as 'classical chess'.", he explained, "I'm not sure, if Uncle even has a board for it and knows how to set it up... and he wouldn't want to give you an unfair disadvantage either by forcing you onto a Kyrenaian Board." He shrugged. "Uncle is like that."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 pm

"Don't worry, it won't come to that, says Anaximander with a smile. We will do it as if we were walking in a military parade. By the way, before I forget, how is the proper way to kneel before the Sultana? We planned to go down on one knee, I would give her the usual blessings, then Anna and I would rise back up while Pavel and Alicia stayed kneeled and awaited our signal to rise. Is this a good way to do?

"My My, what a gentleman, says Anna with a smirk. But if they can't have a match, maybe he can teach her the basis of Kyrenaian chess."
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Don't worry, it won't come to that, says Anaximander with a smile. We will do it as if we were walking in a military parade. By the way, before I forget, how is the proper way to kneel before the Sultana? We planned to go down on one knee, I would give her the usual blessings, then Anna and I would rise back up while Pavel and Alicia stayed kneeled and awaited our signal to rise. Is this a good way to do?

"My My, what a gentleman, says Anna with a smirk. But if they can't have a match, maybe he can teach her the basis of Kyrenaian chess."

"That would be entirely possible. The important part is, that you kneel by any definition of the term.", she said and let a beat pass, "The only exception from that rule are the Selkie, admittedly, but only because they only kneel in front of their Gods - the Sultanate's rulers were, are and will be important, but not blasphemic. Here's to hoping, anyway.
The proper Kyrenaian way to kneel is quite different. Down on both knees in one move, hands to both sides of the knees, head down to the floor, the ground lightly touching the stone. Remain there until dismissed, rear stays down." She let a beat pass. "Pregnant women and the Elderly are excepted from that custom, they can get away with just bowing. It still hurts in the back after a while."

"That can be arranged.", Mahmut said with a grin, nodding, "I hope, at least. Just leave it to me!"
He let a beat pass.
"As mentioned, I learn not only philosophy and other things from my Uncle, but also how to be a better man.", he continued, remembering the conversation they had before. "And he loves to learn and to teach as well." He nodded to Alicia. "If it is chess, that he teaches you, then he will be glad."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

" Thanks for the intel, Princess, answers the Emperor. Also, is it an insult if Anna and I wear our crowns?"
With that , he opens his backpack and produces a crown made of golden laurels, with a Scarlet Eagle and the word " Anaximander" engraved on the front.

"Thanks Mahmut, says Anna with a nod in his direction, a gesture repeated by Alicia.
-By the way, how much time remains until we arrive?" asks the female Colonel.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:" Thanks for the intel, Princess, answers the Emperor. Also, is it an insult if Anna and I wear our crowns?"
With that , he opens his backpack and produces a crown made of golden laurels, with a Scarlet Eagle and the word " Anaximander" engraved on the front.

"Thanks Mahmut, says Anna with a nod in his direction, a gesture repeated by Alicia.
-By the way, how much time remains until we arrive?" asks the female Colonel.

"It is.", Fadia answered, especially as she beheld the crown in question. Simple, yet unelegant, was her opinion, especially due to the lettering. He might also wear a name tag instead. "The introduction at Court is supposed to make sure, that everyone important and unimportant knows you and your face. The Crown would only hinder that... besides, not even the Sultana wears hers at Court, neither does any of the Ilkhans or Khans."

Mahmut looked over the other shoulder of the girl rider, who let him do with a slight blush, her eyes centred forwards.
"I'd say...", Mahmut guesstimated, "...quarter of an hour until the Golden Portal. Give or take a minute."
"Sounds about right.", Atif chimed in from his position. "We shouldn't go faster, either, mainly for the horses' benefit. They might be used to this heat, but they don't like it either." He grinned. "That's one of the reasons, why they don't wear Horse Armour!"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:31 pm

"All right then, back in the bag it is, says Anax as he puts his crown back in his backpack. If Kingpin doesn't wear hers, then why would we? Thanks for the info Fadia. By the way, is it too much to ask for us to pet Junah a bit?
- Yeah, I would like to do that too." adds Pavel.

"Thanks, replies the Empress before speaking in her throat microphone: Eagle 2 to Castle, ETA 15 minutes.
- You're right, answers Alicia to Atif, no need to put uncessary pressure on the poor beasts, their jov is difficult enough now."
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"All right then, back in the bag it is, says Anax as he puts his crown back in his backpack. If Kingpin doesn't wear hers, then why would we? Thanks for the info Fadia. By the way, is it too much to ask for us to pet Junah a bit?
- Yeah, I would like to do that too." adds Pavel.

"Thanks, replies the Empress before speaking in her throat microphone: Eagle 2 to Castle, ETA 15 minutes.
- You're right, answers Alicia to Atif, no need to put uncessary pressure on the poor beasts, their jov is difficult enough now."

"No problem.", Fadia said and then made a face at the request. "I'm sorry, but Junah does not accept petting from anyone other then me. He'd peck your hand off before you knew, what happens." She let a beat pass. "That even includes my Dog Leader. She still has the scar from that time she tried to a few years ago... and he knows her from when he was a little chick."
Fadia shuddered at the memory.
"So, sadly, for your own safety, no.", she added with finality.

Atif nodded, petting the side of his steed.
"Indeed it is.", he said with fondness in his voice, "And I wouldn't want to burden her any more then necessary... especially with this heat. You'd like a fountain of cold water, eh, Yunfakh?" He smiled as the horse gave a soft neigh, then explained to Alicia and, if she was interested, the Empress: "Yunfakh is her name. It means something along the lines of wind. I've had her since she was a little foal and I a farm boy in the middle of nowhere with big dreams."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 pm

"Yeah, you're right. The last thing I want is not being able to shake hands without said hand. Thanks for the concern Fadia, says Anaximander with a grateful smile.

"And now look at you, replies the Empress with a smile. You are a respected member of the Tabar Boys Academy, who had the luck to meet a beautiful Princess, like her and do some things with her we won't detail, she adds with a teasing smirk to Atif. And the little foal has now grown into a fine mare who has nothing to envy to our best horses in the Imperial Guard. I ready to bet you didn't imagine being here ten years ago, am I right?"
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:21 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Yeah, you're right. The last thing I want is not being able to shake hands without said hand. Thanks for the concern Fadia, says Anaximander with a grateful smile.

"And now look at you, replies the Empress with a smile. You are a respected member of the Tabar Boys Academy, who had the luck to meet a beautiful Princess, like her and do some things with her we won't detail, she adds with a teasing smirk to Atif. And the little foal has now grown into a fine mare who has nothing to envy to our best horses in the Imperial Guard. I ready to bet you didn't imagine being here ten years ago, am I right?"

Fadia nodded, glad for the understanding. Not everyone was so understanding, she had noted, and many had suffered for it. The last thing they needed was the Emperor loosing a limb due to her falcon.
Looking back over Utica, she noted: "He's a special lad. I raised from an egg, with my Father's help. He, too, is a falconer, though he prefers to be on the ground while doing it. I took him with me, when I switched to the HGA... I was part of the Tribute at first, playing the Oud, before I joined the Horseman Teams."
She grinned at that.

When Empress Anna listed his achievements, he had a mixed bag of reactions: Embarrassement at it all being listed down, melancholy at the mentioning of his relationship with Aurelia (and a small red tinge on his cheeks at them consummating in it), pride at Yunfakh.
"Yeah, I wouldn't have imagined it.", he finally said after a long moment of silence, "Yet, every child dreams big, but little do they know, that one has to work big in order to get big." He nodded towards Mahmut, who grinned slightly. "His Uncle held the welcoming speech for the TBA's new students the year I joined. Those were his words... and I believed him, for he had indeed worked big and got bigger!"
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 am

"A nice story to hear, says Pavel with a smile. I suppose your father may be at the Court when we arrive, or will Prince Okan replace him? asks the male Colonel
-By the way Fadia, what is the Tribute of an academy exactly? From the few things I heard about it, it sounds like a group of selected people, especially in music, but does it concerns other activities? About the Oud, I tried it in the past, but for me, nothing will replace my electric guitar. Pudubudubudu! he says as he makes an air guitar movement.

Anna was taking a small plasure teasing Atif, and she replies to him:
"Indeed. Some people may be talented in some activities, but deep down, hard work is all that matter. I know I was born talented with a rifle, but I had to train very hard to achieve the rank of 3rd best sniper in the Empire today. And about the Academys, I'm expecting with some impatience our visit of the TBA and the HGA.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"A nice story to hear, says Pavel with a smile. I suppose your father may be at the Court when we arrive, or will Prince Okan replace him? asks the male Colonel
-By the way Fadia, what is the Tribute of an academy exactly? From the few things I heard about it, it sounds like a group of selected people, especially in music, but does it concerns other activities? About the Oud, I tried it in the past, but for me, nothing will replace my electric guitar. Pudubudubudu! he says as he makes an air guitar movement.

Anna was taking a small plasure teasing Atif, and she replies to him:
"Indeed. Some people may be talented in some activities, but deep down, hard work is all that matter. I know I was born talented with a rifle, but I had to train very hard to achieve the rank of 3rd best sniper in the Empire today. And about the Academys, I'm expecting with some impatience our visit of the TBA and the HGA.

"Okan will replace him.", Fadia replied to Pavel, "Father is bound back home with important, non-avian business. "Ilkhan Aaron will be replaced by His daughter, Princess Sarah, due to his health. Ilkhana Fadi, the Ilkhana of Fenchu and Princess Dschamilla's Mother, will be replaced by Dschamilla, for She, too, is attending important business in Fenchu. The only Ilkhans present will be the Ilkhana of Utica, Razia-Sultana, and Ilkhan Idris, of Sarepta, with Amina-Ilkhana." She let a beat pass. "Mahmut's parents. If my information is correct, they'll be at the ball tonight as well."
She turned to Anaximander.
"Comparing an Oud with an electric guitar is like comparing an off-road SUV with a Mini-Cooper. They both are cars and both have four wheels, but that's about where the similarities end.", she said with a bit of finality in her voice. She was proud a bit of her skills with the Oud, a traditional Kyrenaian Instrument. "As for the Tributes... it's tradition. The HGA and TBA, and the other eight of the Ten Old Academies, are sponsored by the Ilkhan of the respective territories, in our case, that'd be the Ilkhana of Utica, so that any child of corresponding skill can attend, no matter their parent's station. And they do, if they manage the entrance exams, Mister Qalb is a good example for that. To give something back to the Ilkhan, the HGA began to train some of their girls in gardening and cooking and tea ceremonies and instrument playing and other such things, so that they could be of service to the Sultan, offering their service for them as an informal repayment. The TBA soon followed." She scratched her bird under his chin as they rode and she retold. "After a while, the Tribute became institutionalized and the Ilkhan's eldest son, or the Ilkhan himself, chose the at first ten, then fifteen most beautiful girls of the HGA for the Tribute, who are then trained in basic skills of a Handmaiden, then, when their skills progress, are specialized. Some go into gardening, others into tea service, others wait tables for the Sultana and the Tabardariyya, others again play music... the list goes on. All of them have the same grace, poise and silent way of moving around inherited as the skill set."
One of the other Mounted Falconers spoke up: "Please excuse me intruding, but I believe, that the Cherries are at the Palace right now in training."
Fadia nodded. "Yes, I think they are. Basma mentioned something like that..." She looked to Anax. "Sorry, Sir, Cherries is the HGA-internal term for the first year students, around 13 years and the ones, who are either picked... or not. A Tribute-Handmaidens doesn't go into active and open service until she is 16, though."

"You should.", Atif said, "Princess Fadia will take care of you and will show you, how Mounted Falconry works. She'll even let you take care of a chick and a horse, if I was told by her correctly. You'll have a fun afternoon." He grinned, a bit of mischief entering into his eyes. "Your husband on the other hand... I was made to understand, that he will spent the afternoon with the TBA's Literature Club. You haven't met arrogant people until you met them!"
There were agreeing nods amongst the male riders and some of the girls.
Atif took in air, then spoke a bit louder, to everyone: "Look sharp, people, one Palace of the Azure Hall, coming right up - exit of Main Entry, commencing!"
And indeed, the whole convoy, now much closer to the foot of the Hill, which the Palace was built upon, made a soft swerve off the Main Entrance Street and towards the hill and the Palace on it, looming over them.
"Always gives me the creeps, looking up to the Palace like that.", Atif said, then looked to Mahmut, "Sorry, for you, it's home."
"This? Yes.", Mahmut said, who indeed lived in the Palace's residential wings, his eyes turning hard, "The Golden Hall in Ugarit? Not so much."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 am

Anaximander and Pavel process the information Princess Fadia tells them, then the Emperor adds wirh a small smile. " Good comparison between the cars and us. And thanks for the information about the Tribute."

"It sure sunds great,replies Anna. Although we know how to tend to a horse, thanks to the Imperial Guard Cavalry Corps, and have tried a bit of falconry with the Imperial Air Force falconers, we never combined the two. And moreover, the techniques you use will be different from ours, so it will indeed be fun., she finishes with a grin.
-Don't worry about us and the Literature Club Atif, says Pavel as he joins the conversation. If we think they are too arrogant, Anax and I will just mess with them by making them believe we're enjoying only mangas or the like. To us, Literature should never be something to be used to feel superior to other. Every genre has the right to exist."
Meanwhile, Alicia, who was detailing Mahmut's partner, suddenly seems to remember something. She slaps Anax's, Anna's and Pavel's arms to get their attention, then types something on her Data Glove Paired, which appears after on the HUDs the 4 Scarlet Eagleans are wearing, making the Kyrenaians ignorant of what they're talking about.
Guys, I think I've finally identified Mahmut's partner, writes the female Colonel. It's Soraya Geal, one of Mahmut's friends. Check the photograph! she adds as she makes appear this photo.
-Indeed, it's her! writes the Emperor. as he makes a subtle glance towards the girl in question.I can't believe it took us this long to recognize her..
-I think I saw a melancholic look for a bit on her face a few minutes ago when Mahmut was talking about Gisella, writes Anna. Seems likt this girl was also interested in Mahmut. What do you think we should do?
-Don't say anything right now, replies her husband. We'll try to learn more about it when we meet later in the hammam."
And, their written conversation over, the 4 friends take a look now at the Palace of the Azure Hall, as they get on the road leading to the Palace.
"Alright Eagles, lock and load! exclaims the Emperor. He then cheks his psitol, along with his companions, and then puts it back in its holster.
-Why is the Palace giving you the creeps? asks Pavel to Atif. On the contrary, it looks majestic to me!
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:Anaximander and Pavel process the information Princess Fadia tells them, then the Emperor adds wirh a small smile. " Good comparison between the cars and us. And thanks for the information about the Tribute."

"It sure sunds great,replies Anna. Although we know how to tend to a horse, thanks to the Imperial Guard Cavalry Corps, and have tried a bit of falconry with the Imperial Air Force falconers, we never combined the two. And moreover, the techniques you use will be different from ours, so it will indeed be fun., she finishes with a grin.
-Don't worry about us and the Literature Club Atif, says Pavel as he joins the conversation. If we think they are too arrogant, Anax and I will just mess with them by making them believe we're enjoying only mangas or the like. To us, Literature should never be something to be used to feel superior to other. Every genre has the right to exist."
Meanwhile, Alicia, who was detailing Mahmut's partner, suddenly seems to remember something. She slaps Anax's, Anna's and Pavel's arms to get their attention, then types something on her Data Glove Paired, which appears after on the HUDs the 4 Scarlet Eagleans are wearing, making the Kyrenaians ignorant of what they're talking about.
Guys, I think I've finally identified Mahmut's partner, writes the female Colonel. It's Soraya Geal, one of Mahmut's friends. Check the photograph! she adds as she makes appear this photo.
-Indeed, it's her! writes the Emperor. as he makes a subtle glance towards the girl in question.I can't believe it took us this long to recognize her..
-I think I saw a melancholic look for a bit on her face a few minutes ago when Mahmut was talking about Gisella, writes Anna. Seems likt this girl was also interested in Mahmut. What do you think we should do?
-Don't say anything right now, replies her husband. We'll try to learn more about it when we meet later in the hammam."
And, their written conversation over, the 4 friends take a look now at the Palace of the Azure Hall, as they get on the road leading to the Palace.
"Alright Eagles, lock and load! exclaims the Emperor. He then cheks his psitol, along with his companions, and then puts it back in its holster.
-Why is the Palace giving you the creeps? asks Pavel to Atif. On the contrary, it looks majestic to me!

None of the Kyrenaians got the private text conversation, although Mahmut had a distinct feeling, that it had something to do with him, but of course, he didn't ask.
Still, when they checked their handguns, the horsemen were a bit nervous, but that vanished, when the guns vanished again. They would not need them, end of story, and any attempt at using them, they knew, would end with two headless Royals and two headless bodyguards.
As long as they staid hidden, though, no one would take offense.
How they would want to do be in the Hammam with them was to be seen, though...
Anyway, upon Pavel's question, Atif looked up to the Golden Portal, which was a few metres away: "Majestic, yes, sure, but also mighty and large."
"A bit overbearing, eh?", Fadia asked from the Falconer's spot. She would not admit it, but she scoffed at the notion of the Imperial Falconers the guests had spoken of, calling them amateurs without tradition in her head, much like her peers did. "That's what I feel. The Ruby Hall..."
"Look sharp.", Atif cut her off as the Golden Portal approached before them, the massive bronze gates of fifteen metres in height and ten in width, flanked by two massive towers, held open by six men of the Tabardariyya, who presented arms as the carriage passed.
By the time the carriage had passed, the horseman guard peeled away, with the exception of Mahmut and his co-rider, leaving the carriage to drive the tesselated street beneath on its lonesome. The sides of the street were guarded by men of the Tabardariyya in regular intervals, presenting arms, behind them a lush and green park, with marble benches inviting people to sit, walkways inviting to stroll, and a small, semi-circular theatre tucked in, which had seen many plays and discussions. The eight hectars were well-used in landscaping.
The mosaic beneath the wheels told the Story of the Creation, how Han-'Ilat had been asleep and been awoken by the Roar of a Lioness, soon creating Her children, Al-Uzza, Manat and Malakbel. Those chaps were quickly bored, though, so they went out to create the world, but soon realized, that their world was barren and infertile.
So, Han-'Ilat, by then already known as the Lioness, gave Her own fertility to the world, so that grass and plants could grow and that life emerged soon after, including humans - from that time, She and Her children, as well as the other Gods and Goddesses, who had little part in the creation, were worshipped.
Two hundred metres down, the Silver Portal awaited.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 am

As they enter through the Golden Portal, the Scarlet Eaglans snap pictures with their shades, and in Pavel's case with his drone, at a frenetic rate. They had learned about the Story of Creation before coming to Kyrenaia, but upon seeing the Mosaic, it was as if they were relearning the story from the beginning, with the work that had been put into creating this beauty. Anaximander promises to himself that he would have to perhaps rething some of the decoration of the Imperial Palace a bit, when he gets home. Although he knew perfectly he would have forgotten this into 5 minutes, as for him and his wife, the decorations were as good as they were now.
"All right, here we are! declares the Empress. Let me just tell you Mahmut, seeing the thing for real is very different from what we've seen on photographs, she says with a big smile on her face."
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:As they enter through the Golden Portal, the Scarlet Eaglans snap pictures with their shades, and in Pavel's case with his drone, at a frenetic rate. They had learned about the Story of Creation before coming to Kyrenaia, but upon seeing the Mosaic, it was as if they were relearning the story from the beginning, with the work that had been put into creating this beauty. Anaximander promises to himself that he would have to perhaps rething some of the decoration of the Imperial Palace a bit, when he gets home. Although he knew perfectly he would have forgotten this into 5 minutes, as for him and his wife, the decorations were as good as they were now.
"All right, here we are! declares the Empress. Let me just tell you Mahmut, seeing the thing for real is very different from what we've seen on photographs, she says with a big smile on her face."

"It indeed is, Anna-Shahbanou.", the young Prince replied, still one arm around Soraya's waist, "It was restored to its former beauty a few years ago, after centuries and centuries of visitors trampled over it, but to us, it's more then just a piece of art. It's a symbol of religious devotion... and symbolism. Do you see the direction, in which the story progresses?" He motioned from behind them to forward. "The Lioness roars at the Silver Portal, the world is created and fertile by the time we reach the Golden Portal. An interesting statement, wouldn't you think?"
He let a beat pass, listening to something.
"Though, could you please put away the drone, Colonel?", Mahmut requested politely, "Before it has a technical malfunction, that has nothing to do with a twenty-millimetre sniper shell punching through it. Just so that the drone isn't damaged by confusion, if something happens."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:17 am

"Indeed, replies Anna. It would be an interesting topic to talk with Prince Okan.
-Ah, fine, replies Pvale as he calls back the drone and puts it back in his backpack. You're really a buzzkill when you want, you know that? he adds with a sad face towards the Prince, before smiling again.
-Seriously, though, don't you guys exagerrate a bit? asks Anaximander. Using a twenty-millimetre shell on a drone like this is a bit overkill, no? It's not an Abrams, from what I know, he adds, reffering to the Main Battle Tank in use in the Scarlet Eaglean Armed Forces and Imperial Guard.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:"Indeed, replies Anna. It would be an interesting topic to talk with Prince Okan.
-Ah, fine, replies Pvale as he calls back the drone and puts it back in his backpack. You're really a buzzkill when you want, you know that? he adds with a sad face towards the Prince, before smiling again.
-Seriously, though, don't you guys exagerrate a bit? asks Anaximander. Using a twenty-millimetre shell on a drone like this is a bit overkill, no? It's not a Mammoth, from what I know, he adds, reffering to the Main Battle Tank in use in the Scarlet Eaglean Armed Forces and Imperial Guard.

"Indeed it will.", Mahmut said with a nod, "I believe, that he would be delighted to talk with you about it."
Then he listened for a moment, before turning to Pavel.
"I am to relay to you wise words from a General from Kyrenaia's Past.", he intoned, grinning, "Overkill, as such, does not exist. Overkill is a term used by those, who are beaten by appropriate force." He let a beat pass. "These are the words I was asked to quote to you... with best regards from Captain Elba."
Meanwhile, the Golden Portal was drawing closer and closer, the horseman escort vanishing into the stable gardens. Fadia, seeing that the drone was gone, let her bird and those of her fellow falconers' up again, the majestic animals soaring in the sky, looking for those, who were not allowed to be there.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 am

As Mahmut makes his quote about overkill, Anaximander, Anna, Pavel and Alicia look at each other for a second, then the Emperor looks back to Mahmut and says with a small laugh:
"Don't worry Mahmut, I'm just messing with you. I know that, especially since I'm always the first to use a 40mm grenade on a target that may not need such power."
However, if the young Prince could have read the thoughts of what the 4 friends were thinking during the split second they exchanged glances, he would have heard something far more unpleasant. What the 4 of them are thinking at this moment is:
Yeah, it sure is appropriate force to shoot in a crowd of unarmed protesters with 30 mm guns, reffering to the shooting of protesters in Va'a Mamao by Kyrenaian soldiers.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:37 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:As Mahmut makes his quote about overkill, Anaximander, Anna, Pavel and Alicia look at each other for a second, then the Emperor looks back to Mahmut and says with a small laugh:
"Don't worry Mahmut, I'm just messing with you. I know that, especially since I'm always the first to use a 40mm grenade on a target that may not need such power."
However, if the young Prince could have read the thoughts of what the 4 friends were thinking during the split second they exchanged glances, he would have heard something far more unpleasant. What the 4 of them are thinking at this moment is:
Yeah, it sure is appropriate force to shoot in a crowd of unarmed protesters with 30 mm guns, reffering to the shooting of protesters in Va'a Mamao by Kyrenaian soldiers.

Mahmut had an idea, that the thoughts passing through their heads as they glanced at each other were far less pleasant then what the Emperor had suggested, but he did not pry. Especially due to two reasons:
One, he had a solid idea about what it was and that was certainly not his matter to get involved in.
Two, the Silver Portal was approaching.
Before them, a large portal of silver, this time it was actually very polished iron with a silver coating, rose, held open by ten men per wing, all of them in the blue dresses of the Fleet Ground Forces, presenting their arms. The Creating Myth beneath the wheels ended, to make room for a tesselated square in a patterns of different grey-tones, swirling circles and lines, hard to follow even from an appropriate distance above.
Six platoons, one from each Desert Division and one from the Sultan's Navy, rose to attention at their arrival on the Silver Courtyard or Inner Courtyard, while an Army Band began to play the Anthem of the Empire of the Scarlet Eagle.
The square itself was not too remarkable, safe for the pattern, the wall behind them without decoration.
To the sides, archways went along, which led into different service wings of the palace - and the Main Building rose up before them with all of its splendor and size, old and wisened, having seen much over the last three centuries.
One felt so little when standing before it, the cupolas looking down on a person, no matter their size or station, silently speaking I have been around before the Greatgrandparents of your Greatgrandparent's Greatgrandparents walked on the Earth and I will still stand when the Greatgrandchildren of your Greatgrandchildren's Greatgrandchildren have long turned into dust. No wonder why Atif had felt uneasy around here. No sense of bravado, no matter if it was imagined or not, would help against that judgement. I've seen mighty Emperors and wise Sultans, young Princes and old Viziers. You are nothing.
The carriage held in front of the wide set of stairs, which were flanked by statues of animals endemic to Kyrenaia, tall and proud creatures of the land and the seas and the air, masterpieces of their crafts, each and everyone of them.
Mahmut dismounted the horse by one of the stirrups, patting Soraya onto her shoulder, which she returned with a nod.
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:52 pm

As they approached the Silver Portal, the Scarlet Eagleans feel a bit provoked at seeing Fleet Ground Forces soldiers opening the doors, before remembering that if you judge an entire Army by the actions of just a small group, it isn't fair. So instead of looking a bit angry, they smile and salute militarily the soldiers presents.
As they look at the towers, although they feel impressed by it, they can't help but think in answer to the feeling they get from the structure: You may have been around before the Empire was born, but even one day, when humanity will be extinct, you too will crumble to dust, old chap.
As the carriage stops in front of the stairs, the Emperor stands up and loudly exclaims: "Alright Eagles, time to dismount!" And with thatn the 4 friends jump out of the carriage without waiting for help and regroup at the bottom of the stairs, where they start taking pictures and admiring the statues, and also check their backpacks to see if nothing was forgotten or lost during the ride.
"Miss Geal, it was a pleasure, says the Empress as she lightly taps the girl's horse's side. Ii hope we will have the pleasure to see you again tonight at the ball, or maybe at a later occasion. Have a nice day." she finishes with a grateful smile.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 pm

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:As they approached the Silver Portal, the Scarlet Eagleans feel a bit provoked at seeing Fleet Ground Forces soldiers opening the doors, before remembering that if you judge an entire Army by the actions of just a small group, it isn't fair. So instead of looking a bit angry, they smile and salute militarily the soldiers presents.
As they look at the towers, although they feel impressed by it, they can't help but think in answer to the feeling they get from the structure: You may have been around before the Empire was born, but even one day, when humanity will be extinct, you too will crumble to dust, old chap.
As the carriage stops in front of the stairs, the Emperor stands up and loudly exclaims: "Alright Eagles, time to dismount!" And with thatn the 4 friends jump out of the carriage without waiting for help and regroup at the bottom of the stairs, where they start taking pictures and admiring the statues, and also check their backpacks to see if nothing was forgotten or lost during the ride.
"Miss Geal, it was a pleasure, says the Empress as she lightly taps the girl's horse's side. Ii hope we will have the pleasure to see you again tonight at the ball, or maybe at a later occasion. Have a nice day." she finishes with a grateful smile.

The Palace of the Azure Hall did not deign that argument with an answer, quite indignant at the gall of some puny little upstarts to call it a 'chap'! Even more so, these little upstarts would have to think before thinking, for if humanity had ceased to exist and the palace would crumble, there would still be traces of it being found for thousands and thousands of years.
But all of that was of little interest for Mahmut as he resisted the urge to facepalm.
It was nice, that their guests were enjoying themselves, sure, but this was right before an important meeting, right underneath the eyes of the world... and they were not looking in the least professional, but actually doing the tourist thing.
Getting off without leaving time for the help to be offered was one thing, okay, but running around like headless chicken and snapping pictures was simply unprofessional. At least they were admring the statues, which was a nice start... his own personal favourite was the Sand Wolf.

Soraya, meanwhile, bowed down to speak with the Empress: "Your gratitude is appreciated, Anna-Schahbanou, but unnecessary. You, as a soldier, should understand the necessity to follow orders." Her eyes were cold and hard as she spoke that. It was rather clear, that she was not exactly a fan of the Emperor, the Empress or their Special Ambassadors. "We will not see each other at the ball tonight, for neither me nor Prince Mahmut had been invited, but maybe tomorrow at the HGA. Until then."
With that, she rose again and turned her horse, leaving the Silver Courtyard, exchanging a high-five with Mahmut, who had watched the scene.
He walked up to the Empress, offering his arm to link to at least look a bit professional, a friendly gesture, his other looking at a pocketwatch, which he put away a moment later.
"Come, Anna-Schahbanou, we're good in time.", he said and smiled at her, "Let's get going. This way, please."
RPing in MT and PT.

The Scarlet Eagle
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Scarlet Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:40 pm

As they finally have taken all the pictures they want, Anaximander turns to his companions: "Alright people, time for the main event! We change and refresh a bit, and then we'll finally see if we're worthy enough to walk the halls of this Palace."

As Soraya answers her, Anna keeps a neutral face, however, once the girl has left the Courtyard, she turns to her companions:
"I have known more polite people in my career, she says with a neutral tone.
-Let it slide Anna, replies Pavel as he puts a hand on her shoulder. Although you're right, I didn't like her small sentence about the soldier duty and everything. When she will have seen and done everything we did, then she can speak again to us on the same tone.
-You're right Pavel, let's not waste time replies the Empress. All right Mahmut, lead the way, she says as she takes Mahmut's arm in her left hand, while her husband links her right arm with his left arm, followed by Pavel and Alicia who had linked arms too, Pavel on the right and Alicia on the left.
Last edited by The Scarlet Eagle on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats

Change rate

Embassy Program

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am

The Scarlet Eagle wrote:As they finally have taken all the pictures they want, Anaximander turns to his companions: "Alright people, time for the main event! We change and refresh a bit, and then we'll finally see if we're worthy enough to walk the halls of this Palace."

As Soraya answers her, Anna keeps a neutral face, however, once the girl has left the Courtyard, she turns to her companions:
"I have known more polite people in my career, she says with a neutral tone.
-Let it slide Anna, replies Pavel as he puts a hand on her shoulder. Although you're right, I didn't like her small sentence about the soldier duty and everything. When she will have seen and done everything we did, then she can speak again to us on the same tone.
-You're right Pavel, let's not waste time replies the Empress. All right Mahmut, lead the way, she says as she takes Mahmut's arm in her left hand, while her husband links her right arm with his left arm, followed by Pavel and Alicia who had linked arms too, Pavel on the right and Alicia on the left.

As he led them up the stairs, Mahmut mulled over what they had said, what he knew of either sides of the argument and came to four realizations:
    1. Soraya was right, it was a soldier's duty to follow orders, no matter what. Disputing that would throw not a good light on the armed force one represented, even if it was only the Horseman Team of the Haram Girls' Academy.
    2. While Soraya was not informed about the vitas of the Emperor and the Empress, or their companions, beyond of what the boulevard wrote, they didn't even have the slightest idea of who she was and what she went through in her brief life. They should know better then be so quick to judge.
    3. Soraya did follow her orders splendidly, as did the rest of the Horseman Escort. They were all still alive and well, after all.
    4. Still, no matter what the Emperor and the Empress thought about that... Soraya would still speak in that neutral, if a bit harsh tone with them. She had all reason to, if one asked Mahmut.
He would freely admit, that he was a bit biased, but if he was honest, he did not care. He knew Soraya since they were children, much like he knew Shirin since he was a little child.
As they ascended the stairs and passed the statues of the most familiar species of animals endemic to Kyrenaia, went past the Sand Wolf and the Small Kyrenaian Falcon, passed under the watchful eyes of a Larger Kyrenaian Caracal and a Kyrenaian Eagle, saw a male Desert Lion sitting majestically on his haunches, his mane without blemish, and a Sand Vulture looking for carrion, he motioned to the statue of another animal opposite to the Lion and the Vulture, taking up two steps because it was so massive and large.
"That is, what we call the Terror of the Deserts, the Sand Wyvern.", he explained with a grin. "My personal favourite. To my knowledge, they have one in the Caralis Zoo."
It was a large, gigantic creature, with a massive head and even stronger jaws, a former avian, who's wings had devolved into forelegs, with flying membranes still spanning between them. It's limbs, even when beaten out of stone, radiated power, it segmented tail ending with a spiny protrusion. Its wings did not allow it to fly anymore, but he could glide and strike from above. It's massive chest hinted at its powerful roars and their deafening abilities.
Even the Statue, far smaller then the original (Mahmut knew, that they could get up to twenty metres from nose to tail in the wild and larger in imprisonment) radiated a sense of strength and insurmountable, brute power. It was interesting to note, that the other four Halls had other selections of animals standing on the steps, one of the features shared by the many different Palaces and their architectures, as there were far more then five species endemic to Kyrenaia (and far more then 25 as well).
The selection of animals on each of the steps held a message as well.
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates