NATION

PASSWORD

32nd World Hit Festival - Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 pm

[21:20:00 - 21:21:20]

The background music began (7:30 - 8:50). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of Downtown Österdahl, next to the river. In the riverside avenue, several cars and bikes were passing by; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of the Cosneoltan producer 'Convikt' is heard saying "Kuradi Häälestada", finishing with a mischievous laugh. Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed in on a motorcycle passing by. A teenage girl is driving it, and she continues driving along the streets of Österdahl, trying to reach the train station. The camera zooms out from Österdahl. In the next image, somewhere near the mountains, a woman from Lillamut appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). We now see a lot of people having a tea outside, in a picnic table; some of them turn out to be the NVM girls and Convikt. The girl from the motorcycle is also here, and she says "mu heliriba on..." before she sings along (with NVM), "This feeling. Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it". The camera turns around to show Lake Laulavod (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Cosneoltan flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 pm

09. Cosneolta
Convikt ft. NVM - "This Feeling"

Genre: Indie Dance
Language: English

Lyrics: Anders Convikelic, NVM
Music: Anders Convikelic, NVM
Tune: HERE ("Pray To God" by Calvin Harris ft. HAIM)

The song begins with the stage and everyone on it being bathed in blue light. The members of NVM and the only ones on stage while Convikt is in the green room probably enjoying a generic Euski brand of beer (Gargøa) or something. The LED lights on the floor and behind them show a flowing sea of metallic water which is making waves as the song progresses. One of them is on a set of drums while two of them are holding guitars with all of them having microphone stands to provide the vocals or give backing vocals. The three of them sing while the central camera is showing them, along with the rest of the stage.

Oh, I want to claim this well-known place as my home
I’ll take a dive, just to retrieve what I know
I’ll take a dive, just to retrieve what I know

And more, I feel the end can analyse all my wrongs
My hands deny the things I knew all along
I’ll take a dive, just to retrieve what I know!

The camera enters the large expanse of the stage and moves towards the main vocalist before circling the entire band as they play their instruments. The metallic sea begins to become more disturbed as the song begins to build tempo. White beams of light begin to move vigorously with each violin sound. With NVM still singing, the camera zooms out as the metallic sea begins to wash out of the screen to show a not yet revealed landscape to the audience.

When the old turns to new, I will detract
From the signs and the dark. So, I can’t see the tracks
I can’t make it out no more. These feelings in my head
I can’t guarantee that my hopes and dreams would stay around

The metallic water finally washes away to reveal a grey desert with a blackened pyramid in the background. The broadcast is distorted somewhat for the people at home. The camera focuses on the lead singer before transferring to the chorus.

‘Cause my head ain’t functioning
I just need one day to keep me safe and sound
My hands shake so bad
No regrets, I go and put them in my mouth

For the chorus, the camera performs a series of sweeping shots across the stage while strobe lights do their business on the stage and across the audience. A very bright light is emitted behind the black pyramid, lighting up the surrounding area on the LED screen. That's really all it does while NVM sings the same line over and over again, truly riveting really!

This feeling, this feeling, this feeling
This feeling’s so new
Feeling’s so new

The song continues with NVM singing the second verse, which is much like the first verse in terms of graphics and choreography. A flurry of flags from all different nations fly in the foreground while NVM look like they are having fun on stage as the blue lights return once again to give a blue hue to everything on the stage.

Oh, I take the time to work out why the world’s calling
These feeling never stop being galling
Take me down to somewhere I do not know.

My mind says to fly, live without fear
Expectations I live up to just to keep me from living
You can’t let them bring you down, I’ll escape from life
Withering away so I sleep to escape my doubts.

The distortion returns as the main member of NVM holds her head and sings passionately into the microphone to try and appeal to the voters at home. With the lights flashing around the stadium, she gives one final look into the camera before the chorus explodes into life again, with flashing lights zipping around the stadium, providing a light show for the crowd in Harrikes and the audience at home.

‘Cause my head ain’t functioning
I just need one day to keep me safe and sound
My hands shake so bad
No regrets, I go and put them in my mouth

This feeling’s so new
Feeling’s so new

The blue hue disappears and all the LEDs and lights are turned off save for a couple of spot lights acting as halos on the band's heads. A central camera on a zip-wire slowly encroaches forward towards the group, as the music builds, the blue hue returns and the white lights around the arena begins to flash and the camera flies backward to the audience before the song kicks back into it's main chorus hook.

Falling down, are you around?
Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it
If this is love, I don’t want that.
Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it

This feeling. Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it
This feeling, Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it
This feeling, Ah-ah. There isn’t any way you can stop it

A final series of sweeping shots around the arena toward the stage takes place as he lights begin to flash and the metallic water flows back onto the screen, and flows quicker than before. The band members play their guitars and bang their drums and whatever with passion before they all move to the front of the stage and offer their hand to the camera to finish the song.

This feeling’s so new, this feeling’s so new
This feeling’s so new
Feeling’s so new

This feeling’s so new
Feeling’s so new

The crowd applauds as all the members take a rehearsed bow and wave and thank the crowd. 'Thank You Harrikes!' The reaction seems minimal compared to the Euskal home entry; but the entry was indeed very well received by the mostly-Euskal crowd. The broadcast moves to a bunch of Cosneoltan fans waving flags with Cosneolta on one side and the Anollasian flag on the other side. The broadcast then transitions to the postcard for the next act.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm

[21:25:16 - 21:26:35]

The background music began (8:20 - 9:40). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of Narsaattoq, with several boats going up and down the bay; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Märiëlla is heard saying "Vakker", complemented by Daniël's voice saying "melodi". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed in on the airplane in the upper right corner of the frame. We get several images from inside the EUSKAir plane, the flight was coming from Harrikes to Qeekallit Nunaat. We get several images of the landing procedure of the airplane, both from outside and inside the plane, as well as the unboarding of the latter (several shots and angles were being used to create a more dynamic effect). In the immigration line, a guy identifies Märiëlla and Daniël and asks them for an autograph and a selfie. The camera zooms out from the Narsaattoq Airport. In the next image, in the Qorsoquassuk Peninsula, a woman from Qeekallit Nunaat appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). We now see a group of people in some sort of "winter" safari, three of them being Märiëlla, Daniël and the guy from the airport. As they travel around the Peninsula, the guy from the airport says "mitt lydverk er..." and he sings with Märiëlla, "Kjærligheten dør". The camera turns around to show some young wolves (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Darkmanian flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 pm

10. Darkmania
Märiëlla Baelsä ft. Daniël Kisdmedspringer - "Kjærligheten Dør"

Genre: Chamber Pop
Title Translation: Love Is Dying
Language: Norwegian (Bokmål)

Lyrics: Märiëlla Baelsä
Music: Daniël Kisdmedspringer
Tune: HERE ("Blackbird" by Norma John)

Märiëlla Baelsä & Daniël Kisdmedspringer
From Darkmania (b. 1988-07-23) and (b.1986-04-18)

Märiëlla Baelsä and Daniël Kisdmedspringer are the duo who Darkmania sends to Harrikes, Euskirribakondara for WHF32. The soon to be wife and husband have played together since 2010, mostly in the Norwegian language. The war referenced in this song is the Darkmanian civil war from 1976-1988. Märiëlla's mother died of a bomb that exploded shortly after Märiellë was born, being referenced in the song as the "venn" (friend). This is so she "could get a better feel in the song".

(Translation between brackets; that translation is given to the participating broadcasters to subtitle this performance when broadcasting.)

The entry begins with only Märiëlla and Daniël on stage. There is smoke who covers the LED-floor and the background-LED is black with black-grey smoke clouds as background. The TV-pictures from the entry starts in black-white and will remain black-white for a while. The audience lights up like this. They are mostly in the main stage of the scene. Märiëlla sings similar to the video, as well as similar camera shots as the video linked in tune.
Krigen, krigen skiller folk fra folk (The war, the war divides people from people)
Jeg mistet min venn i krigen (I lost my friend in the war)
Gikk bort for å redde meg (Went away to save me)
Jeg mistet min venn i krigen (I lost my friend in the war)

Camera, still black-white fades slowly into the next shot. Nothing changes, at the moment.
Hvor er du når du gikk bort fra meg? (Where are you when you went away from me?)
Hvor er du i denne krig? (Where are you in this war?)
Det er en ting jeg lærte som følge av denne krig (There is one thing I learned 'cause of war)
Kjærligheten dør (Love is dying)

Märiëlla closes her eyes and that causes the screen to fade (again) into a new shot. From this point on, the smoke machine stops and the smoke slowly disappear.
Min venn. Min venn. Jeg leter etter deg (My friend. My friend. I am looking for you)
Soldater skal ut å slakte folk (Soldier shall out to butcher people)
Når skal denne kaoset slutte? Når er det over? (When shall this chaos end? When is this over?)
Jeg leter etter deg (I am looking for you)

Camera slowly fades into the next shot (once again). The first signs of the smoke clearing are shown.
Hvor er du når du gikk bort fra meg? (Where are you when you went away from me?)
Det er en ting jeg lærte som følge av denne krig (There is one thing I learned 'cause of war)

Daniël does his piano solo, while the TV-screen slowly gets its color. With help from perfect lights, he is “the shadow-piano player”. When the last piano key are played and the camera flies away, The colors in the screen is now full and the duo is now joined by 4 violinists who "magically" just came after hiding in the spirals. They all wears black hoodies and covers their face. Only their nose and eyes, as well as some of the hair, are shown. There are 2 on each of the sub-stages (by sub-stages, I mean the Level 2 stages on the right and the left).

From this point onward the background is now red with the black-grey clouds being now being 50 shades of red darker and the TV-Screen- now shows the colors. The smoke who covers the floor is now gone. And exposes the floor which is the same as the background.

Applause from the audience! No. A HUGE applause from the audience that turns into synchronized clapping (*play this clip at the background*)... the chamber pop song in Norwegian had really touched the audience. Especially the Lillamut people, given that their language is also Scandinavian. As the duo bows downs and says “Tusen takk, multiverset. Darkmania elsker dere” (Thank you, multiverse. Darkmania loves you), there are shots of Darkmanians waving their flags and is seen with signs saying something about Darkmania.

The cheering calms down as they cut to Mercedini's postcard.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 pm

[21:29:56 - 21:31:15]

The background music began (9:10 - 10:30). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of the sunrise over Bilbauski, in the same aerial shot of the initial frame (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Samuel Borlaviac is heard saying, in a rather sexy way, "Spiritualità Musicale". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed in on one of the seaside buildings. A group of people is holding an advanced dance class, and we get several images from their class/rehearsal (several shots and angles were being used to create a more dynamic effect). At some point, Samuel enters the class, to which the class shouts in unison "Mia Colonna Sonora è..." before starting to dance to the chorus of the Mercedinian song and singing "Just stay right here". The camera zooms out from Bilbauski. In the next image, in a helipad, a woman from Bilbauski appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). We see Samuel entering the helicopter with the teacher from the dance class. Then, the camera shows us, from inside the helicopter, beautiful places around the Bilbauski Island. At one point they reach the Northern Coast of the latter (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Mercedinian flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 pm

11. Mercedini
Samuel Borlaviac - "Stay Right Here"

Genre: Dance
Languages: English, Mercedinian

Lyrics: Samuel Borlaviac, Rachel Nollov
Music: Samuel Borlaviac, Mateo Dommazoni
Tune: HERE ("När Ingen Ser" by Axel Schylström)

Samuel Borlaviac

He's back! ENM chose Samuel Borlaviac to be the Mercedinian representative for the 32nd World Hit Festival in Harrikes after he was chosen from a shortlist of Mercedinian hit song released since the lest WHF. It marks the first time that Borlaviac has performed at an international song contest since Mercedini's debut and his 19th place finish at WorldVision 48.

His song, called 'Stay Right Here', is an EDM/Dance song with many saying it goes back to Mercedini's roots in well-produced dance tracks .Borlaviac and co. hope to continue their good form at the WHF and hopes to go one better than last time when Leanne Cantrelli and the Santo Davide Gospel Choir finished in 2nd place and narrowly missed out the win by two points. If a win were to happen it will be the first time that Mercedini wins an international singing contest. After being so close to a victory in WHF and WV in recent times, can Samuel go one better and take home the title? We will find out when he performs in Harrikes for the 32nd World Hit Festival.

(Translation between brackets; that translation is given to the participating broadcasters to subtitle this performance when broadcasting.)

As the music begins and the presentation graphic fades away, the white and blue lights around the stage and arena begin to flash as Sam begins to walk from the back to the front of the stage as the lights track his movement. His face isn't yet illuminated as the LED screen behind him flashes white with black geometric features littered across the screen. On the stage, Samuel is joined by two male backing singers and a female backing singers with also two male dancers who aren't currently on stage but will be utilised later in the performance. The camera at the very front of the stage tracked Sam as he sung the lyrics to the first verse.
As the day fades into night
You take my hand and we run out of sight
No way they can stop us now
Taking on the world, we see the light

I’m gonna make your dreams come true
I hope this love can light this fire once more
Soaking up the evening sun
We’ve both got time so I think you should…

The two aforementioned dancers appear at the back of the stage, where the camera makes a sweeping shot to track the two men walking forward with one either side of Sam as he is singing. Most of the flashing lights subside as the pre-chorus builds to the dance break. The backing singers swing their arms and click their fingers to the rhythm of the song as the pre-chorus. The camera circles the three people in the centre of the stage which is followed by the central camera returning in time for Samuel to stay the signature line of the song, before it transitions to the chorus and dance break.
Stay right here, we can both be free
You’re going nowhere, just stay right here
We’ll disappear, where we can’t be seen.
Just stay right here!

Samuel and his two accompanying dancers perform a polished and sleek dance routine in time with the music as the stage explodes in a sea of light with the LED screens flashing black then white and the blue and white lights strobe throughout the arena illuminating the people on stage as well as the front portion of the audience. The camera performs a series of sweeping shots towards the stage as Samuel continues to sing the second half of the chorus as the dancers do their thing in the background.
Come on. Just stay right here
Come on. Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh.

You’re going nowhere, just stay right here.
Just hold on, darling! Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh

As Samuel begins to sing in Mercedinian, he walks to the front of the sage while the dancers are in the background performing an interpretive dance and the backing singers are swinging and clicking as they were before. The LED screens on the fall and the rear wall are still flashing white with geometric shapes but those shapes are now black and blue, a slight change from the previous verse. The camera moves onto the stage floor to move close to Sam as he sings into the camera.
La festa ha molte persono (This party has many people)
Lascia fuggire, iun luogo nascosto (Let's escape to a hidden place)
Non capiranne maihe se partito (They will never realise we have left)
Quindi condividiamo questa volta (So we can share this time)

The camera stays up on stage with the two dancers moving behind Samuel and out of view, as they are being blocked by the main vocalist. They do that thing that makes him looks like he has six arms while the dancers continue to do their little jig. The camera gets really close up before reversing really fast back into the audience to transition into the second chorus.
Anche se è un secondo (Even if it’s for a second)
Anche se è l'ultima volta che incontriamo (Even if it’s the last time we meet)
Vedremo quello che verrà (We will see what will come)
Sperar, sperar, sarè uno (Hoping, hoping, we'll be one)

By this point, Sam was getting into the rhythm of the song much more and was clicking his fingers along with the backing singers. The dancers and the main vocalist were now down at the left hand side of the stage and worked their way from left to right, giving the whole audience a good view of their performance while the camera at the front of the stage tracked their movements. The strobe lights begin to flash as the pre-chorus builds once again. This time, when the beat drops, sparks fly from the stage as the three performers sing and dance to the beat of their song
Just stay right here!

A series of sweeping shots are then made from left to right and from back to front and the LED screens and light continue to flash and as the performers and backing singer all continue to do their duty on stage. Plenty of flags are waving in the foreground as the performers continue to put of a show as they did a while back at the WorldVision Song Contest. As the second chorus comes to an end, the dancers move out of view of the camera and the lights and colours subside for the next part of the song.
Come on. Just stay right here
Come on. Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh.

You’re going nowhere, just stay right here.

Sam then turns his back to face the camera behind them. The massive audience held out their lighters and phone lights to illuminate the background as the camera had an extreme close-up with Sam's face, dropping panties across the multiverse. The camera then backs up a little and spins which gives Sam an opportunity to rotate with the camera before he stops and faces the audience, which leads to the camera sweeping off the stage. The angle returns to the central camera as the pre-chorus begins once again, but this time for the final time of the performance.
Girl, stay right here. We can both be free
Just stay right here

Just stay right here

For the final pre-chorus, Sam and his dancers walk to the connected island and walks there as he sing the lyrics. As this is the final build-up of the song, the strobe lights and LED screens are flashing more than ever to give a more intense performance for the audience and the viewers at home. As the beat drops for the final time, a fountain of sparks fly up from all round the stage, filling the stage with yet more light and bathing the performers in a hue of yellow which reflects off the faces of the audience.
Just stay right here!

Come on, just stay right here!
Come on, Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh

You’re going nowhere, just stay right here, girl!

The backing singers take their microphones off the stands and begin to walk and boogie their way along the catwalk toward the three awaiting performers on the central island. All six who are now on the island have a sense of togetherness as they smile and have fun on the stage for the final part of the song. The central camera focuses on the six of them as they slow down while the song comes to an end. They end the performance with Sam singing and the other five striking a pose. Another set of fireworks fly from the stage, signalling the end of the performance.
(Stay right here, we can both be free)
Just stay right here girl!

(Stay right here, we can both be free)
You’re going nowhere!

(We’ll disappear where we can’t be seen)
You’re going nowhere

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh

"Thank You, Harrikes!" He blows a couple of kisses into the immense crowd while the rest of the performers smile and wave to the crowd. The upbeat character of the entry made it stand out, and the people are really ecstatic. The performers do a little group hug on stage before the camera transitions to a small contingency of Mercedinian fans who are waving their flags and applauding their representative. There is a small transition before the postcard of Normandy & Picardy begins to play.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 pm

[21:34:24 - 21:35:43]

The background music began (10:00 - 11:20). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of Haltari's Central Park right when the flowers blossomed; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Suzy is heard saying, excitedly, "Mis laibertè". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera turned around to reveal a young woman laying down on the grass. She is sketching the springtime scene whilst listening to some music (several shots and angles show us her drawing, creating a dynamic effect). She then checks her watch and she realizes she's late, she packs everything and runs away. The camera zooms out of Haltari. In the next image, in a beach, a woman from Kastelàm appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). We then see a boat crossing the sea, one of its passengers being the young woman from the beginning. They reach Jaante Beach and get off. Then, the young woman meets Suzy; to whom she says "mis pruitraque ert...". Suzy replies with "a-a-a-gain", to which the young woman repeats "mis pruitraque ert..." before bursting into a silly laugh with Suzy. The camera zooms out and away to reveal an aerial shot of Jaante Beach (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Normand flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 am

12. Normandy and Picardy
Suzy - "Again"

Genre: R&B, Electronic, Pop

Lyrics: Suzy Monase
Music: Hubert Sartre, Max Sangira
Tune: HERE ("Breathe" by Astrid S)

Following a recent poor run of results in WHF, the view of the contest in NNN has soured somewhat, with some - even within the channel - calling for a withdrawal from the contest, especially to focus on WV where they are much more successful. However, the director general of NNN, Hugo Dutoit, quickly released a statement after the previous contest stating that, 'NNN will continue to broadcast and compete in the World Hit Festival for the forseeable future, and the contest forms an integral part of our cultural broadcasting each year'. Soon after the statement was made, the Head of Delegation - Leo Duclos - was quickly fired from his position; some suggest that the broadcaster had realised a change in HoD had helped in WV, and so are now trying their luck in WHF. After months of bitter discussion, former head of the Normand Arts Council and director of the opening to the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest Arnaud Silvestre was announced as the new Head of Delegation, and he quickly set out on a journey to find a new act to represent Normandy and Picardy at WHF, in Euskirribakondara. Silvestre courted the music labels, but also opened up a public submission scheme, and despite the numerous joke acts, bad acts and mediocre songs, one song shined through it all. It was not the music labels that provided Silvestre with his newest project, but a little known artist known as Suzy Monase, who had submitted a demo of the song that would become 'Again'.

Although nowhere near as polished as some of the other acts, Silvestre instantly closed the submission period and chose Suzy's song, much to the shock of everyone within NNN - the song wasn't to be released to the public for a while. However, as happens, a leak revealed that the song had been chosen, described as a 'piece of pop perfection'. This helped revive Normand hopes, with some noting that some on Normandy's biggest successes had come from pop songs, but others were more sceptical, especially due to her relative inexperience. Suzy herself was born in the capital, Caen, and is currently 24 years old. She studied Music at college, but went on to take a degree in Political Science which she has just recently finished. Suzy had always wanted to do music, however, and so took the opportunity to submit her own song to NNN, and although she hadn't thought she'd get chosen, Silvestre's support helped her believe in herself. Silvestre arranged for Suzy to work with top Normand producers Hubert Sartre and Max Sangira, who have been behind a number of hits, including entries to WHF in the past. The song was released after 2 days work to much support from the Normand public.

Now carrying the expectation of her country on her shoulders, Suzy has now arrived in Harrikes, and is ready to take on the competition. Will Normandy and Picardy win 'again'. Or will they end up at the bottom of the leaderboard once more?

The stage is pitch black, as the final preparations are made. The postcard ends, and the cameras now show the darkness that is the stage. The lights fade on and off in a goldy-green colour to the beat, the cameras beginning by showing a mannequin with a red slash right across it, which by some mechanism or other falls over when the camera approaches; it is lit by the dim, fading lights and surrounded by a cloud of smoke. The two spirals on either side are also fading in the manner. The camera then appears to move up, panning round to show a lone mirror in the water pit, under a golden spotlight which is reflected in the water. Suzy walks into the spotlight as she begins singing, looking into the mirror at her own reflection. The cameras come in very close, and at an angle where you can see Suzy and her reflection almost appearing to touch one another's hands as she sings. As she sings the final line of the verse, she walks across the stage to where a microphone stand now stands.
You've done it

Dancing on glass like we used to
But the shards cut through me, tear apart my so-ul
Another day in paradise
I can't believe what happened here
A massacre of sorts

The cameras pan quickly over the water pit during the second verse as a reference to the lyrics, the water lit with the same goldish light. The lights slowly become more intense, with the nets on either side also becoming lit. She walks towards the water pit with the microphone in hand, touching the water and brushing it to the side, looking up to the cameras as they focus closely on her. The lights begin to change colour from this point, becoming more purple-blue, and the screen show what appears to be wisps of smoke rising up, as if it is an extension of the thin layer of smoke that covers the stage.
The great oceans part once more
And I realise that we can't go back to before
When we were young and so foolish
And we would dance without a care
We'll kill ourselves...

Lights from both start of the stage begin slowly fading, as the cameras pan around Suzy who now is back at the microphone stand. The smoke has begun to clear, replaced by swirling waters on the floor with a definite purple hue, that seem to form a whirlpool around her feet. The front screen begins to fall, still transparent at this point but still creating a clear physical barrier.
You've done it a-a-a-gain
Time to let go
Time to forget

The front screen now is fully closed, and the camera comes in from the side, as Suzy rest against the screen, looking unwards as if forlorn and out of breath. A light appears to radiate her across the screen, in a dark blue colour. Beneath her a series of 'paths' appear, and as the verse ends she begins to walk down one that goes to the right of the stage, but crosses over where the screen is. As she walks, she wistfully drags her hand across it, creating a series of waves.
The trail of lies goes on and on
And I'm weary of travelling along this long road, yeah
I finally see the end
But it moves away, I can't hold on, but I keep walking, so I ask

She appears to try to walk through the screen but is naturally blocked as she isn't some sort of ghost. However, the screen does begin to lift, the waves and lights fading as it does. She is eventually able to walk through, but does so slowly and in a laboured manner; the camera looks down onto the stage to show a set of chains that seem to come from the abyss, holding her back.
Why
Do these chains feel so heavy?
Why can't I feel free? Why?
Why?
Can't you see we're struggling
In the danger zone
We'll kill ourselves...

The chains fade as the chorus begins, and Suzy begins to walk down the right catwalk, the cameras turning to the south seating area briefly where the light columns are illuminated in gold, fighting against the blues and purples of the stage. We then see Suzy approaching the central platform, singing into the camera which moves backwards as she walks to the centre.
Time to let go
Time to forget

We'll kill ourselves...
You've done it a-a-a-gain (You've done it)
Time to let go
Time to forget
(You've done it)

The stage becomes dark as Suzy stands in the centre, alone. A single spotlight shines on her, as she stands limply, singing into the camera. At her feet a coloured ball of light (the same purple-blue hue) begins to grow, slowly spreading around her feet as the lights also began to appear again. As the bridge ended, there was a rapid increase in intensity, although not quite a flash, before the stage fell into pitch black for a brief moment.
I can't go on like this
Taking your word as gospel
You may have drawn the line
But you're the one who crossed it

I can't go on like this
Taking your word as gospel
You may have drawn the line
But now that's all over, all over, all over

Suzy drops to her knees as the stage bursts into life; the background shows silhouettes of her breaking apart, and two shadowy figures appear on the level 2 left and right stages, singing the backing 'echoes' in the final chorus. A brief burst of pyro is followed by the water pit begins to spurt water, and a third figure is dancing about in it, wearing the same long black cloak as the two backing singers but with a white mask - presumably the lover she is talking about. The song ends with a burst of pyro before everything descends into darkness abruptly.
Time to let go
Time to forget

Time to let go
Time to forget
(You've done it)

Suzy can be hear shouting 'Merci Harrikes, Merci WHF!' as she leaves the stage, relieved and yet more nervous, as now she had to wait for the votes. The audience liked the song, and even though it wasn't one of the audience's favorites of the night, the crowd cheered her on with excitement. Some commentators have pointed out that maybe it was a gesture to let know N&P that they are appreciated as a competing nation, and that the fans are happy that they have not withdrawn from the contest.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 am

[21:39:22 - 21:40:41]

The background music began (10:50 - 12:10). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of Pualoʻokahi's main beach, with a lot of locals and tourists passing by; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voices of Chosen Four are heard saying, altogether, "Passionate, Energizing". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed in on the young girl on the far right of the initial frame. She is there with her friends (both male and female); they turn out to be Chosen Four's group of fans from Bondargara. They are preparing some signs to meet them (several shots and angles show us their preparations, creating a dynamic effect). At one point they get up and start walking towards the Port. The camera zooms out of Pualoʻokahi. In the next image, on a canoe, a woman from Bondargara appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). We then see other canoes coming to Moʻore Bay. Some carry the fans we saw before, another one carries the members of Chosen Four. The fangirls and fanboys, fangirl/fanboy a little before shouting "mie soondtrask es..." before starting to sing "we’re going on a hike". The camera turns around to reveal another angle of the Moʻore Bay (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Normand flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:04 am

13. Kannap
Chosen Four - "Hike"

Genre: Folk Rock, Pop Rock

Lyrics: Chosen Four
Music: Chosen Four
Tune: HERE ("On Top Of The World" by Imagine Dragons)

Member Fun Facts
Wilson Graham:
Wilson is considered the founder of the band and came up with the idea for him and his three friends to create the band. He has confessed that the first five years were a struggle for him in regards to keeping the band together.

Samson Gelon:
Samson came up with the name "Chosen Four"

Tracer Spice:
Tracer is the youngest member of the band. He is also the only gay member of the band.

Brandon Wells:
His favorite thing to do in his free time is go hiking. He also constantly has to deny rumors that he and Tracer are dating

Chosen Four was created by four members in 2008 when they were all friends at the same college. Since then, the band has reached national acclaim in Kannap and seeks to make their name known internationally. Tonight, their stage is the WHF32 stage in the Harrikes Olympic Stadium.
If you love to hike
You should hike the best mountains
Or else you may miss the best views

You should go to see them, then
Go and tell your friends to come and
See them too, if they love to hike

I’ve seen the very best views
I’ve seen the greenest trees
I’ve seen the rolling hills of the Bergsstads

I enjoy the view and don’t miss out

When I’m going on a hike (yeah!)
I’m going on a hike (yeah!)
When I’m out for a long walk
Often in the wilderness
I’ve not seen a man in days (yeah!)
Only flowers and these tall trees (yeah!)
This is the way I like it
Just me and the deep wilderness
I’m going on a hike

You’ve wanted to join me there
When I seek peace and quiet
You still wanted to join me anyway

I could have told you no
But I didn’t want to do that
When I can share the wilderness with you too

We enjoy the view and don’t miss out

When we’re going on a hike (yeah!)
We’re going on a hike (yeah!)
When we’re out for a long walk
Often in the wilderness
We’ve not seen others in days (yeah!)
This is the way we like it
Just us and the deep wilderness
We’re going on a hike
(Ooooooo oooahhhhoooahhhhh)
(Ooooooo oooahhhhoooahhhhh)

When I’m going on a hike (yeah!)
I’m going on a hike (yeah!)
When I’m out for a long walk
Often in the wilderness
I’ve not seen a man in days (yeah!)
Please come with me if you want
Sometimes it’s better with a friend

And when we reach that mountaintop, I hope
you’ll want to do it again with somebody you know
Hike it up, hike it, hike it up.

And when we reach that mountaintop, I hope
you’ll want to do it again with somebody you know
Hike it up, hike it, hike it up.

When we’re going on a hike (yeah!)
We’re going on a hike (yeah!)
When we’re out for a long walk
Often in the wilderness
We’ve not seen others in days (yeah!)
This is the way we like it
Just us and the deep wilderness
We’re going on a hike

It is probably the favorite melody of the night (not overall act, just the music); as throughout the performance people were dancing to it and trying to sing the correct lyrics. The band has enjoyed some popularity among the Euskirribakondarans thanks to their looks, but will that be enough to make them earn some points?
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:05 am

[21:43:59 - 21:45:18]

The background music began (11:40 - 13:00). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of the sunrise behind Inzoba's skyline; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Aaliyah Banques is heard saying, lovingly, "Punctilious Ficer". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed out from Inzoba. We are taken on a bird's-eye-shot trip over the Igbê-Mahsa Plains, watching several different animals and trees, combined with the beauty of the Andarrese landscapes themselves (the camera uses several shots and angles to create a dynamic effect). At one point the trip stops, and the camera zooms in on a safari truck. The guide is explaining things about the animals but at one point he says "ma hylarvrekken ov..." to surprise one of the visitors, who was Aaliyah. Then everyone in the truck sings "Your touch's too strong, our love's so wrong, it's poisonous": Aaliyah is surprised and happy, she cannot stop smiling. The truck continues its trip and reaches a point where a woman from Andarri appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). She points to her right and the camera follows suit... revealing a family of elephants passing by (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Nightomese flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

14. Nightom
Aaliyah Banques - "Poisonous"

Genre: Pop

Lyrics: Deana Foster, Jamie Byns, Quince Thomson, Aaliyah Banques
Music: Xavier Neon, Jamie Byns
Tune: HERE ("Only You" by Zara Larsson)

Aaliyah Banques

Nightom is returning to the World Hit Festival for the third time to see whether they can finally take the World Hit Festival trophy and host the 33rd edition of the contest. Since the début contest, the only way seems to be up. In the 31st World Hit Festival, held in Izmedu for third time, Nightom received 19 points and placing fourth place. This, for a country who is quite new to the contest, is an amazing result. Nightom's winner was Matinee, who went on to win the WorldVision Song Contest with the same song, "I Will Not Concede." Nightom is returning to the World Hit Festival with high hopes.

Nightom came fourth place performing last. Nightom was performing straight after the eventual winner, and so still managing a top 5 result was amazing for the Nightomese delegation. The delegation wanted to find their next representative with a song just as good - or even better - than last edition's song. Here is the story about how we found Aaliyah Banques and her making of the song, "Poisonous." The song is speaking about a mixture of what is going on with her friend and personal experiences.

Aaliyah Banques, aged 27, is a from Nightom's capital city, Knighthamshire which is home to millions of people. Aaliyah had a modest a modest background, which included the normal going to school and studying. Aaliyah's initial career path was not singing nor was it anything to do with the arts. Instead, she was to go in to something with science as she did very well in science, especially biology and chemistry. Singing was something she did as a hobby, and she used to sing a lot. At home, she would dance and sing around and her mother thought that, perhaps, she could make good use of all this singing and dancing that she did at home. Singing her up for a music course for students between 13-19, Aaliyah Banques would occasionally attend after school classes, preparing to perform to a bigger audience. She used to not know who she was going to perform to, and this would be a surprise when she found out.

Still pertaining a career in science, she grew more interested in music as she reached the first half of twenty. She thought that having a career in science and in music was doable, and when she decided this, she went along with it. Aaliyah formed a group with a couple of her friends who could play instruments like the electric guitar and piano and they started to make a few songs. Sending them to record labels of samples of what they could be working with if they accepted Aaliyah, she hoped that they would return positively. However, this was not the case, and after trying for two years, she decided that music should be put aside as she focused on getting her doctor's qualification. Up to date, around three years after she had stopped sending those letters out, she was approached by Jamie Byns, a Nightomese lyricist. The lyricist said that she had the perfect timbre for the song he wrote for. When she asked how he got her contact, he then stated that he was one of the people she did send an invitation to, but rather than reply straight away, he put her in a catalogue for later. Usually, these people will be approached later when the perfect song was found for them.

However, there was a catch. He wanted her to change some of the lyrics to make it suit her. But also, he wanted her to perform on the big stage in the World Hit Festival. Aaliyah was quite surprised at first, she didn't think that she could perform on a stage where millions of people watch her sing. She also wondered what would happen if she were to go to the 32nd World Hit Festival and come at the bottom of the table. She thought that the whole of Nightom would dislike her for it. Despite all of these thoughts filling her mind in a split second, Jamie Byns gave her the CD which contained the song. After being given a few days to digest the thought of going to the World Hit Festival, she decided to listen to the track and from this, she agreed that she will be going to the World Hit Festival.

"I am so excited to go to the World Hit Festival, I want to soak up the culture!"

-Matinée Schylestreake

After hearing of Nightom's successful comeback to the contest, she felt good about coming to the 32nd World Hit Festival in Euskirribakondara, the eventual winner of the 31st edition. Nightom's broadcaster, started to have talks with her about how she would like her staging to be like. She had a lot of ideas, and the Nightomese delegation said that whatever she wanted to do could be done, thanks to the amount of space she would be given - thanks to the fact Euskirribakondara provided a large stage in a large arena. She said that she wanted it to be simple, but be rich in colour infusing the colours of purple and silver. The Nightomese delegation liked this idea and decided to go with it for the contest.

They then arrived in Harrikes, the host of the 32nd World Hit Festival. The city, so rich in culture, was quite different to the ambiance in her capital city of Knightinghamshire. Walking around, she started to feel very ready for the contest that she was about to participate in. She also found out that she will be performing quite late in the running order. Out of the 16 countries that signed up and actually submitted their entries to participate in the World Hit Festival, Nightom was picked to perform 14th. She then arrived at the Olympic Stadium, which would be the host of the events of the night. At first, she was surprised that she will be performing in the Olympic Stadium with an audience of over 200 thousand people. She thought that this was a bit surreal, and the Nightomese delegation didn't believe this either.

She then stepped for on that huge stage and almost had a panic attack. She decided that she was happy that she was not making the performance large like perhaps other countries were going to do. The rehearsals went well for her, but she was holding back because she wanted to wait to put all of her might in the final time she performs the song. Here is the Nightomese act, Aaliyah Banques - "Poisonous."

She was going to perform her song very soon. She was quite excited now. Hearing the audience screaming - all those fans in one huge area. She started to feel the adrenaline in her body, and as the previous act finished performing, she then started to get ready and walked on to the arena stage. The audience, still screaming whilst watching the Nightomese postcard, looked ecstatic. She walked on to the podium.

KEY:
She is singing by herself
She is singing with backing
Second main singing

Three groups will be mentioned;
The People - those at the start who are getting controlled. (Both male and female)
The Men - who are controlling
Aaliyah and the Man - The male dancer who is following the singer of the song.

She wore a long gold jumpsuit, but it was not too shiny - it was just right. The jumpsuit glistened as she sat in a chair. Four other dancers joined her on the stage, all sitting on chairs. The two people who were on the inside were women whilst the two on the outside were men. The two women had headsets on them, as they would be singing with Aaliyah, but there were backing singers behind the stage who were to sing also. They all sat on the seats with straight backs and their legs together. The song started to play, and through the introduction, a steadicam was on stage and the operator of the camera went across the five people who were on stage. The viewers at home could see the eyes of all five of the people. After twelve seconds, she put the microphone to her mouth and began to sing.
Don't wanna go against you,
Don't wanna be alone.
But I know when my heart tells me,
I'll travel on my own.

As she sang "Don't wanna be alone" she quirked her neck to the right and the others who are sitting down also followed her. As she carried on singing this bit of the song, she slowly moved her head back to the centre and those who were sitting down would also do this. In the background were five masculine shadows who looked as though they were standing behind them. As the shows appeared, Aaliyah looked up slightly (North east if a compass was in front of your face) as the others sitting down pointed in that direction. She began to sing the next part of the song.
And I fear your anger,
Comes on easy like a switch, oh.
How do I turn you off?
I can't live with this.
Eh-eh-eh, Eh-eh-eh

The shadows started to turn in to real people, but the men who were behind those who were sitting down were wearing all dark clothes. As the next section of the song was about to commence, four of the men put their right hand over the mouths of those who were sitting down. However, the man behind Aaliyah did not. Aaliyah got up and took a step forward as the man held out his right hand. She then fell to the floor and looked down, with the LED screens turning red from the point where she fell.
I've put you before me,
I thought we were family.
That; Oh, I was wrong to think.
My conscience has kicked in.

As she sang about how her "conscience has kicked in," she looked at the camera and tapped the side of her head. She shook her head as the male came down to her and hugged over her. She closed her eyes, looking as though the embrace was something good, something she wanted. He began to peck her gently on the neck as she started to sing the run-up to the first chorus.
Closed your eyes and count to three,
After you're done paying deeds.
Ey, babe, Are ready yet?
Something needs to be said.

She then broke away from him and stood up with the others, who once sat on the chair, now standing on them, moving their hands in a clock motion. So rigid and strong in the arm movements it looked as though someone was controlling them. They, as there were 4 of them, had three movements between them and would stop when they reached twelve before falling forward, only to be caught by the men controlling them. As the chorus was about to come in the camera zoomed out quickly as the harsh purple and silver triangles in the background filled the LED. The purple would come out of the jigsaw, moving to the left, before the silver triangles did the same but moving to the right.
Your touch's too strong, our love's so wrong,
It's Poisonous, it is perilous... (oh I know)
You're hazardous, realise we are dangerous.
You are Poisonous.
We are ... Poisonous.

Poisonous

They then returned to the seats that they were in before, but Aaliyah stood up and started circling around the four. A chair duet was being done with the men and the four dancers. Every bar or so, they would change the person who is sitting on the seats. However, as the next verse was about to be sung, the ones who were on the chair was the men dressed in all black, making very odd and quirky movement.
Our parting stings like nettles,
It leaves a thousand scars.
But you're as sharp as blades,
I've got to recoil.

As Aaliyah sung "thousand scars," the people behind the men rolled their hands through their hair and embraced their head. The mean leaned in their arms, closing their eyes to show the comfort they have in the people's arm. As Aaliyah sung "I've got to recoil," she stopped behind her chair and sharply turned her body to look at the camera which was stood in front of her chair. Their was a purple light focusing on each of the chairs, and a white light on hers. She then went to sit on her chair as she sung the next part.
Now you're sorry.
You're playing mind games.
Don't wanna fall for it, fall for it,
Again.

Eh-eh-eh, Eh-eh-eh.

The people then were lifted in to the air upside down before they landed, sitting down, on the men's laps. They would do a sequence of hand movements, something that you would see in a frantic assembly performance. The camera also jerked left and right to compliment the performance by those on the stage.
I've put you before me,
I thought we were family.
I should've listen to them,
I should've used my head.

The people then got up and walked before doing several movements which left them on the ground. Aaliyah sung to the camera which came up to her face.
Closed your eyes and count to three,
After you're done hurting me.
Ey, have you calmed down yet?
I am left for dead.

The People then got up and ran around the chairs in a frenzy. They all looked as though they were panicking but the men just looked at them as they ran around them aimlessly. The Men's body still, almost as though they were in shock - a trace. Aaliyah joined the men looking at them, wondering why they were running around like this.
It's Poisonous, it is perilous. (oh I know)
You're hazardous, realise we're dangerous.
We are Poisonous.
We are Poisonous.

The People disappeared out of shot as the camera focused on the men who all got upon the chairs, looking down. The floor had a illusion to make it look as though if they jumped down, they would be jumping a long way down. The camera focused on them throughout the next part of the song, swirling and zooming in and out and all around.
Poisonous,
Poisonous! (Ahhhh, Ahhh!)
Oh, Poisonous! (Ahhhh, Ahhh!)
Ah-oh-oh!

Silver started falling from the top of the stage on to the floor as she stood upon the chair, seeing as the men did. The camera quickly zoomed out as the silver behind her intensified. The man who was following Aaliyah then gripped her legs and didn't let go and slowly, Aaliyah started to lean forwards with a camera, which was side on, recording the action here. The men then fell to the floor facing their stomach upwards.
It's Poisonous, it is perilous. (And, I know)
You're hazardous, realise we're dangerous.
We are Poisonous.
I'm running from you.

As the song finished, the people stood on top of the chairs whilst the men laid on the floor. Falling, they landed on them1 2 before the men hugged them over, with Aaliyah sitting on the chair looking at them. The audience then cheered immensely for Aaliyah as she got up on the chair and smiled... It was early to tell, but it seemed that Nightom was bound to get another good result (at least judging by the crowd reaction). "Thank you, everyone. Thank you so much!" All of the performers got up and bowed before walking off in a straight line.

1 With their clothes on.
2 The transition was cleaner from the landing on top to the cradle.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

[21:49:20 - 21:59:39]

The background music began (12:30 - 13:50). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of the Main Beach of Jupabá; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Reis Malik is heard saying, quite macho, "Enrepunciablect on'voix". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera zoomed in on a guy on a skateboard. He started skating along the seaside promenade. Several shots and angles are used for his journey along the promenade (in order to create a more dynamic effect), showing us the warmth of the Uirapuruan peoples and the sunny always-summer feel of the city. The guy reaches the bus station and stops skating, and buys a ticket. The camera zooms out from Jupabá. In the next image, in some dunes, a woman from Uirapurú appears, wearing the traditional dress. She has her back to the camera, and so, she spins around (in a very classy way). She then directs our attention to the dunes in front of her, where the guy from the beginning is sand skateboarding with Reis Malik. As they go down the dunes, the guy says "ma hylarvrekken ov" and proceeds to sing "I'm Ready!". Reis is so impressed that he actually falls, and then the guy falls on top of him like the end of the Nightomese performance. The camera zooms out and away and captures an aerial view of the Paranhão Dunes (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Estogian flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 am

15. Estogium
Reis Malik - "I'm Ready"

Genre: Pop

Lyrics: Reis Malik, Vernon James
Music: Sam Timmons, Jake Baston
Tune: HERE ("I Feel Alive" by IMRI)

Reis Malik

After a poor World Hit Festival, which saw Estogium place penultimate with only 6 points (16th place), the country's chances of returning to the contest was low. Those at the RVC believed that they put a lot in that song, and it deserved to place higher than some other songs in the competition. Estogium was only a point from being at the bottom, and the nation does not want this to happen again. Estogium, with Markus Andréasson & Miles Convendale, was given its worst result in the World Hit Festival, which came after a run of successful contests seeing the country receiving 51 points over the course of three editions. Hopes were high as the brother of Liam Andréasson was to co-represent the country last edition, and Liam came 6th in World Hit Festival 29, and then later 6th in the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest. RVC internally selected Reis Malik to represent Estogium in the World Hit Festival, in hope that the country will get a result it deserves.

Reis Malik is an eager musician who is willing to represent Estogium until he places top-3. You may recognise Reis Malik, and we at RVC would be surprised if you hadn't. Reis took part in the Cross-Border battle, which was a song contest, between Estogium, Nightom and Aloquirbe, to see who would go to the WorldVision Song Contest alongside Britonisea. Unfortunately, Reis did not win and came third out of the three. Reis Malik received 70 points, compared to Aloquirbe's 88 points. Reis Malik looked at this positively and said that he was happy he wasn't picked if the song is not appealing to people. Reis, after having spent time in The Island of the Blessed, then took the first aeroplane back to Estogium before preparing to go to Euskirribakondara.

After coming to Euskirribakondara, he started training on his staging, which includes a lot of dancing based on the type of song he has. He stated that "it is impossible to not dance around, or move around, on stage. I think we need to go something fun, get the crowd involved and all..."

Reis stood in the middle of the central plaza stage wearing a long-sleeve slightly transparent shirt and light blue jeans with white shoes. The audience cheered as the pulse came in. The lights flashed on and off as the song started. He then held his microphone to his mouth and started singing.
I wished for fame, thinking
Life'll be set and done,
Guess, I was wrong.
I've learnt from my mistakes,
Righted my wrongs,
Went down a new path.

As the song changes, two spotlights came on in the background and you could see that it was two male dancers on the main stage, and in the spotlight they were dancing along the beat of the song but they were doing something different to each other. The camera swerved over Reis, and went to the dancers who were quite far behind.
Laying on my bed at day,
I'd repeat what haters say,
And I though I'd give in.
I thought that they were gods,
I thought they'd plan my life,
I thought it wasn't worth it.

The dancers then started to run down the long catwalks which connected the central plaza to the main stage. Whilst they were walking down the stage, they were clapping, casually bending over to touch some of the fans hands. The chorus was about to start, but they were in the middle of the catwalk. As the song momentarily paused, the whole arena went dark and the three men lowered their heads before flames all around shot out and the stage lit up in the multiple colours.
Open up my eyes,
And, open up my mouth, 'cuz, my voice needs to be heard.
Open up my heart;
I've learnt to love,
I've learnt to live,
Don't regret it.
And I'll know,
When I'm,
I'm Ready!

I'm Ready!

The LED light nets, both the right one and left one, was being used to created a wave movements. The camera looked up at them before moving backwards and then fast foward to Reis, who still stood in the middle of the plaza. By the end of the chorus, the dancers had finally reached the end of the catwalk and joined Reis. As they were about to dance and sing along to the next part of the song, the two dancers put their hand, closest to his body, on Reis' shoulder
"Get out, go do something.
Stop wasting all your time,"
That is what I was told.
"Feel sorry for no one,
They're out living,
So, why aren't you with them?"

Here, the dancers came behind Reis, who was standing at the front, and started doing hand movements behind him by raising their hands up and down, to the side, while Reis lept forward. The camera was infront of this, watching what was happening on this stage. On the big stage in the background, large fog shot up in the air every single four beats. Light colours that were prominent were gold, blue, orange and yellow.
Laying on my bed at day,
I'd repeat what haters say,
And I thought I'd give in.
I thought that they were gods,
I thought they'd plan my life,
I thought it wasn't worth it.

During the pre-chorus, Reis and his dancers started to run back to the stage in preparation for the bridge section. The camera had an overhead shot of them as they passed the audience who were on their feet. Casually, the camera would come up to Reis and he would stop, interact with the camera, before carrying on to get to the main stage before the end of the chorus.
Open up my eyes,
Open up my heart;
I've learnt to love,
I've learnt to live,
Don't regret it.
And I'll know,
When I'm,
I'm Ready!

The chorus came and went, and in that time, Reis and his two dancers did get to the main stage and started dancing randomly. The camera would come from both sides as the fire flames shot up in to the air and the lights went crazy in the arena. Arguable the most exciting part of the song was about to come, the bridge...
I am ready! Wooo!
So ready!

Ready...
Ready...
Ready...I am
Ready..
Ready..
Ready!!!

During that bridge, Reis and his dancers waved their hands in the air, encouraging the audience to follow what he was doing. The lights still kept on filling up the arena. As he started to repeat the fact that he is "Ready..." a steadicam came on to the stage and circled around Reis and his dancers. He looked at the camera as it came around him. The light nets and the lights on the camera were the only source of light in the arena after all the lights were quickly dimmed for this section of music. Suddenly, as he sung that last note with macho, the stage returned in to a party again, and the light nets raised and were turned off.
Open up my eyes,
Open up my heart;
I've learnt to love,
I've learnt to live,
Don't regret it.
And I'll know,
When I'm,
I'm Ready!

The last shot was of him and his dancers looking deeply in to the camera and it moving backwards. He was pointing at it, and the lights were focused on them. The audience, who loved the party, were still dancing despite the song being finished. Out of all the upbeat entries of the night, this one was definitely their favorite: they all screamed at the top of their lungs for Estogium! He then bowed, alongside his dancers, and said "Thank-you, Mersi Harrikes! Bari Gisher!" He was the first international performer of the night to use any of the Euskirribakondaran official languages (in this case, Armenian) to thank the audience, and as such, a big roar came from the crowd (equal or even greater than that given to the home entry!). They also started chanting "Estogium! Estogium! Estogium!", a sound that had to be faded for the broadcast as the postcard for Kalosia began.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 am

[22:03:03 - 22:04:22]

The background music began (13:20 - 14:40). The broadcast showed a small timelapse of the sunrise over Aranes City and Bay; (the information in the bottom left appeared with an effect similar to this one). A few seconds later, the voice of Paola Amadin is heard saying, in a very sweet voice, "Harmoni Dulci". Both boxes disappeared and then the camera flew across Aranes, to finally land on a street right in the Downtown District. An executive woman is walking around, frantically looking for a metro station, quite stressed out. The camera follows her as she walks along these excessively urban streets, covered by skyscrappers and with a LOT of people around. At one point she reaches the metro station and descends, the line is Line 4, the only line that goes out of the city limits (and connects with the regional train lines). Along this whole journey, several shots and angles are used in order to create a dynamic effect. The camera zooms out from Aranes. Then, two women appear, surrounded by lavender flowers wearing the traditional dress. They have their back to the camera, and so, they spin around (in a very classy way) and with the beauty of the flowers behind them (this is visually the most beautiful spin of all the postcards). They turn out to be one woman from Aranes and Paola Amadin. She then walk towards the camera, which spins around to reveal the executive woman from the beginning dropping her jacket, throwing her heels away and hugging Paola. She proceeds to say "men playlist se..." before starting a duet with Paola... "Ja në sen ten melodi, tu në sej men karo". The camera turns around again and reveals a whole field full of lavender, in the Valley of Montgarra (the background of the last frame) and the box with the logo (with the Kalosian flag) appears (with a heartbeat sound and visual effect and all). And gradually, the bottom box with the song information reveals itself.

Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 am

16. Kalosia
Paola Amadin - "L'Alba"

Genre: Ballad
Title Translation: Sunrise
Language: Kalosian

Lyrics: Paola Amadin, Ǧianni Kruž
Music: Stelio Horis, Ǧianni Kruž, Karlos Raneri
Tune: HERE ("When We Were Young"* by Adele)

*This entry is mostly based on the linked tune above, albeit with a few modifications. The entry is meant to sound more orchestral than the original tune. Think among the likes of Shine by Sopho Nizharadze or Breathlessly by Claudia Faniello — perhaps a hybrid of both is kinda the result I have in mind. Any sounds in the original remain in this entry, though.

Paola Amadin

With the central World Hit Festival organizing team now being headed by an RTI representative (as the previous RTVK official had stepped down), Kalosia can now put in more focus towards themselves, as someone else is now in charge of the shared responsibility of making sure that the contest goes smoothly.

It also appears that 25 is starting to become Paola Amadin's lucky number. She won the 25th World Hit Festival and performed at the 50th WorldVision Song Contest (and of course, 50 is 25 doubled). Her dressing room and her ID here in Harrikes (where WHF32 is being held) both included the '25' number. It has not even been a year since her WHF victory, even, but she earned the honour by winning the 26th Festival di Melodi Kalosiana, the Kalosian national final for the World Hit Festival.
The song, "L'Alba", is a big orchestral ballad about regret and reflection upon someone's past. The singer appears to contemplate upon a failed relationship. The orchestra in the venue will be conducted by Eldin Sakranova, who has been Kalosia's main conductor for the World Hit Festival.

Paola was at the center of the stage, wearing a beautiful blue dress representing the metaphorical message of the song (during rehearsals, there was criticism that Paola was "too old for the dress", however these critiques have remained largely ignored). She simply stood there, behind a microphone stand. Eldin began to conduct the orchestra, and the opening notes to the song began to play. It was time to sing.

As Paola opened her mouth, the background screens remained dark, in fact the stage lights were dimmed too, save for a spotlight upon the main star.
A lë fin di’l ǧor, šui ënkor (At the end of the day, there’s still you)
Gardë avanti, tu (Looking forward, you)
Inizari promënë (Begin to walk)

Tu në vuli penša di’l pasat (You don’t want to think of the past)
Di ten erori (Of your mistakes)
Di ki farit (Of what you did)

The camera angle switched to one that was also at the front of the stage, but was at a greater distance. The audience was visible and they could be seen using their phones as flashlights to create an effect similar to candles. This camera slowly zoomed in on Paola.
A lë fin di’l ǧor, šuo ënkor (At the end of the day, there’s still me)
Gardë lë celo, ja (Looking at the sky, I)
Penšo ki ijoms (Think of what we would’ve had)

Ja në puvo švejo sans penša (I can’t wake up without thinking)
Kiz puvot fare? (What could I have done?)
Kiz në farot? (What didn’t I do?)

Some subtle orchestral basses could be heard.
Në sen ten melodi (I’m not your song)
Në sej men karo (And you’re not mine)
Ma šut un moment kadë (But there was a moment when)
Šu solo l’osurit (There was only darkness)

Now the strings of the orchestra kicked in, as well as the woodwinds... the whole thing just came together and it resulted in a very harmonious sound. The Euskal crowd gave a loud cheer at this Kalosian's performance. The background screen became blue and white specs (i.e. 'stars') slowly faded into existence, as the background (and the constellation dome) increasingly started to look like a night sky.
Kadë venurët l’alba ja spiro (When the sunrise comes I hope)
Kë puvo far’ ovlët kon lë nuta (That I can be forgotten like the night)
Kadë së laša, dar lë sol (When it leaves, it gives the sun)
Di timpo per vivë (Some time to live)

Tu e ja bisañom di spasi per respirë (You and I need some space to breathe)
Ja në sen ten melodi (I’m not your song)
Tu në sej men karo (You’re not mine)

There was not much new happening in the next verse, as the focus was mostly on the song, and for Paola, the singing.
Tu në vuli penša di’l pasat (You don’t want to think of the past)
Di ten erori (Of your mistakes)
Di ki farit (Of what you did)

Në puvo ja švejo sans penša (I can’t wake up without thinking)
Kiz puvot fare? (What could I have done?)
Kiz në farot? (What didn't I do?)

E në sej men karo (And you’re not mine)
Šu solo l’osurit (There was only darkness)

The sounds of the orchestra became even more dynamic in this next chorus. There was a sense of warmth from the richness of the music, although the visuals remained dark and cold.
Kadë venurët l’alba ja spiro (When the sunrise comes I hope)
Kë puvo far’ ovlët kon lë nuta (That I can be forgotten like the night)
Kadë së laša, dar lë sol (When it leaves, it gives the sun)
Di timpo per vivë (Some time to live)

Në sej men karo (You’re not mine)

The orchestration had now subdued as the backing vocalists, now shown on the camera, sung the next part.
(Ovlil me ur) (Forget me now)

Camera returned to a close up of Paola as she sings the bridge.
E ur, dëpo tuta këlo arvenët (And now, after all that has happened)
Puvo solo sedert ši, solo sedert ši (I can only sit here, only sit here)

Šut triž mojto kosi këlo puvot fare kon tu (There were so many things I could’ve done with you)
Ma ǧame farot së, ǧame farot së (But I never did it, I never did it)

Now the camera shows Paola from a somewhat farther angle, while the background graphics disappear and the stage lights dim, save for a single spotlight on Paola.
Në sej men karo (And you’re not mine)
Ežit men luso (You were my light)

The last syllable of the previous part was held throughout the next part, which was filled in by backing singers. The camera angle showed the entire stage, as the stage lights came back on and so did the background screen, and a pyro curtain/waterfall was now produced from the top of the stage. With the orchestra in full swing, the audience gave an even louder cheer than before.
(Kadë venurët l’alba ja spiro) (When the sunrise comes I hope)
(Kë puvo far’ ovlët kon lë nuta) (That I can be forgotten like the night)
(Kadë së laša, dar lë sol) (When it leaves, it gives the sun)
(Di timpo per vivë) (Some time to live)

The pyro curtain stopped and the camera now showed close ups of Paola.
Ja bisaño di spasi per respirë sans tu (I need some space to breathe without you)

The background and lights slowly dimmed, and by the end of this final part, all that was visible was only a spotlight on Paola.
Në sej men karo (You’re not mine)
Ovlil me ur (Forget me now)

As the song ended, the crowd let out a very huge cheer for Paola. Out of the low tempo songs, this one proved to be the Euskal favorite: Paola just had a special magic that made her connect easily and effectively with people. "Gretsi, thank you!" she exclaimed. With all songs now performed, she and her backing vocalists promptly left the stage to make way for the hosts to explain the voting process. The camera showed a few fans crying as they waved their flags and rooted for Paola and Kalosia.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue May 30, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 am

[22:09:23 - 22:10:20]

Taliana Danberahaidia was standing on the raised circular stage of the Central Plaza. Just like at the beginning of the show, the angle was just right to see the background screen in the back (which showed the WHF32 logo, with the colors flowing to provide a bit of dynamism to the scene). Taliana was wearing THIS OUTFIT, and as usual, she had a microphone in her left hand, and her notes in the right hand.

"Well, wasn't that a perfect ending to the performances of tonight?"
"Gretsi, Paola Amadin!"
"Right now, it's the moment a lot of us have been waiting for..... IT'S TIME TO VOTE!"
"Your commentators will explain the specific procedure for your country as we go through the recaps"
"But it's usually very simple... Just an SMS, a call, or in some countries.. a Tweet even, with the code of your favorite song"
"That code being the number in which they performed tonight...."
"And that's it. The juries will also vote as you do in order to determine the final outcome....."
"ARE - YOU - READY?"

*Audience roars*
"Remember that you only have twenty minutes... Ok?"
"Ok... Cool!"
"What do you say Nadija?"

The camera shifted to the green room, where Nadija (dressed like THIS) was surrounded by fifteen of the sixteen acts of the night (Paola was still coming from the stage). And she looked at the camera...

*laughs* "Well, Taliana... I feel we are all ready. Aren't we?"
*Audience roars again*
"Multiverse... START VOTING NOW!"

The voting officially began at 22:10:20 (it will close at 22:30:20). A recap of six minutes began (twenty two seconds per entry, plus transitions of half a second between the entries).
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 am

VOTING INDICATIONS

Time to vote!

The voting window will be open from now (Tuesday May 23rd, 9:42Z) until Saturday May 27th, 6:00Z (you can check the spoiler below or this countdown clock). If a country doesn't vote, their votes will be made up WITHOUT affecting the result achieved with the votes that were actually sent.
Friday May 26th, 20:00 HAST (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time) - Honolulu, HI, US
Friday May 26th, 23:00 PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) - Los Angeles, CA, US
Saturday May 27th, 1:00 (UTC-5) (Bogotá-Lima Timezone) - Bogotá, Colombia
Saturday May 27th, 2:00 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) - New York City, NY, US
Saturday May 27th, 7:00 BST (British Summer Time) - London, England, United Kingdom
Saturday May 27th, 8:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) - Berlin, Germany
Saturday May 27th, 10:00 GST (Gulf Standard Time) - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Saturday May 27th, 14:00 CST (China Standard Time) - Beijing, China
Saturday May 27th, 18:00 NZST (New Zealand Standard Time) - Auckland, New Zealand

In order to vote, make a ranking of your 5 favorite acts and give them points like this:
1 point to your least favorite song
2 points
3 points
4 points
5 points to your ultimate favorite

You must send that ranking, plus:
*The name of the city from where your votes are being announced.
*The URL of an image (the largest one you can find, please) of a landmark in that city.
*The name of your spokesperson.
*The URL of an image (the largest one you can find, please) of your spokesperson.
*"Good Evening" in your national language(s).
*A message from your spokesperson (optional)

In a telegram [TG] to San Andres Archipelago. If there's any question about the voting procedure, send a TG or a Discord Message to Euskirribakondara.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue May 23, 2017 2:44 am

Performed Acts (16)

01. IZMEDU
Anja Krajacic - "Rise Again"

Electro/Pop song in English.

02. TÖDLICHEBUJOKU
Tachicola - "Naida, Tappaa ya Yuosta"

Industrial Dance song in English and Tödlichebujoki Suomi.

03. GOLUTA
Kassmil - "Gujall Arinej"

Indie song in Golutian and English.

04. ANOLLASIA
The Bernsters - "Down In The City"

Rock song in English.

05. KWADAI
Kala - "Sounds"

Electropop song in English.

06. GIM
OML(Oh, My Lady!) - "Fell In Love"

Gimian Pop song in English.

07. MONAEROGLISSEUREST PLEINDANGUILLES
Leviticamicasicakikatikadikalikalika McMadooralananananafedoramorasorgoratorakurannam - "Help"

Pop song in English.

08. EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA
Samira - "طوّل بالك"

Indie/Alternative song in Euskal, Birugaian, Khauo, Aranese, Euskal Arabic and Greenlandic.

09. COSNEOLTA
Convikt ft. NVM - "This Feeling"

Indie Dance song in English.

10. DARKMANIA
Märiëlla Baelsä ft. Daniël Kisdmedspringer - "Kjærligheten Dør"

Chamber Pop song in Norwegian (Bokmål).

11. MERCEDINI
Samuel Borlaviac - "Stay Right Here"

Dance song in English and Mercedinian.

12. NORMANDY AND PICARDY
Suzy - "Again"

R&B/Electronic/Pop song in English.

13. KANNAP
Chosen Four - "Hike"

Folk Rock/Pop Rock song in English.

14. NIGHTOM
Aaliyah Banques - "Poisonous"

Pop song in English.

15. ESTOGIUM
Reis Malik - "I'm Ready"

Pop song in English.

16. KALOSIA
Paola Amadin - "L'Alba"

Ballad in Kalosian.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Commentary

Postby Kannap » Fri May 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Connor: Hello Kannap, we're here in Euskirribakondara for World Hit Festival 32. I'm Connor Caldwell

Noah: And I am Noah Fiore, and we're your hosts for Live From World Hit Festival 32!

Connor: This is the third time that Kannap has sent an entry to the World Hit Festival. the show is just beginning, welcome to Euskirribakondara! Welcome to Harrikes!

Noah: There are sixteen acts competing tonight, let's get started. Izmedu is first up.

Connor: One quick reminder. Just like the last time, we're implementing our 5-star ranking system for the performances tonight.

Connor: As always, Izmedu's entry blows us away. At World Hit Festival 31, they were awarded the five points from Kannap. They look like they're good for that running again. The music was beautiful, the words were meaningful, and the singer was brilliant. I loved every part of it. I can't believe I'm already awarding five stars to the first performance, but she deserves it. 5 stars it is.

Noah: I thought it was beautifully done, an extravagant performance. However, I think I am going to save my first five stars for a later performance. This one came very close though, 4 stars to Anja Krajacic
Connor: An ... interested entry by Tödlichebujoku. I didn't really like it at all though. The music was noisy, the lyrics were awkward, and the voice was unpleasant. This one gets 1 star from me.

Noah: Agreed on all accounts, nothing more to say. 1 star it is from me as well.
Connor: Another interesting entry, though this one works more properly. I fell in love with it pretty quickly. The music, the lyrics, the singer, it was all there and it was lovely. I give this one 4 stars.

Noah: It was quite a lovely entry indeed and I enjoyed the performance. I enjoyed it far greater than the last performance, it was an improvement indeed. I give this one 3 stars.
Connor: A bit too noisy for me, almost like they were trying to give me a headache. I want to forget this one, 1 star.

Noah: It was understandably noisy and if I weren't in such a good mood I would probably think worse of this song. I would give it one star but it was indeed better than that automaton song from earlier and therefore deserves to be scored better. 2 stars it is from me.
Connor: It was great, I genuinely loved this one. One of the best ones from the night so far, I am going to have to give it 5 stars.

Noah: I think you are getting a little soft on these competitions, Connor. Two five star rankings already. Nonetheless, I agree with you fully. The music was there and the lyrics were nice. I give this one 4 stars.
Connor: I was annoyed immediately as soon as the singing began and I continued to be annoyed throughout the performance. The music and singing were entirely annoying. The lyrics were also annoying. It's 1 star from me.

Noah: I take back the comment about you getting soft this competition, you've been handing out those single stars like they're candy tonight. However, I must agree. This entire thing was an annoying thing that I hope doesn't set off a pattern of annoyance throughout the night. I have to give it 1 star too.
Connor: Firstly, holy cow isn't that a name indeed? I don't know what I came into this night expecting from somebody named Leviticamicasicakikatikadikalikalika McMadooralananananafedoramorasorgoratorakurannam and I am unsure whether she delivered or not. The lyrics just seemed to be a constant repetition of the word "help" with occasional addition of other words and lines. I am unsure if this song had any meaning, but it's another 1 star from me.

Noah: More annoyance for my ears. I cannot handle much more of this. The lyrics, as you specified, seemed to be very uncreative and repetitive as if there wasn't much time spent on them. It's 1 star from me as well.
Connor: The host nation really submitted a performance that blew me away. I loved it so much. The music was pleasant and the lyrics were great. I think the entire performance was a grand one and the singer was quite good at her presentation. 5 stars from me.

Noah: I think that the Kannapian people will enjoy this one beautifully. This one will definitely be scoring high in the voting, but just how high? Well, I think it's about time... Or? The singer performed beautifully and the music was lovely indeed - quite the contrast from the last two songs. I loved every part of it. It is about time! My first 5 stars for the night go to Samira Kareli!
Connor: Beautifully done! The performance was amazing, the lyrics were pleasant, and the music was easy and lovely to listen to.
5 stars from me for this amazing entry.

Noah: Now you're handing out the five star ratings like candy again. This performance was indeed pretty great, I liked the music and the lyrics as well. 4 stars from me.
Connor: I'm not crying, I swear. This one was beautiful and sad. Though not sad in the bad way like it was pathetic, sad in the good way like it was capable of drawing that powerful emotion from me. I loved this performance and it's another 5 stars from me.

Noah: I am speechless, 5 stars from me.
Connor: The music was catchy and upbeat. The performance was nice, the singer is very attractive indeed. The lyrics are nice as well. Going to have to give this one 5 stars as well.

Noah: This is the type of performance that I come to these competitions for and why I happily co-host Live From World Hit Festival and don't want to cancel my contract with the show anytime soon. I absolutely loved everything about this performance, the song, and the music. 5 stars from me as well.
Connor: Another wonderful performance. I know the arrangement of the performances is randomized, but this was definitely a beautiful series of performances. They've been overwhelming me. I absolutely love it. 5 stars to this wonderful performance.

Noah: You're overwhelmed? I'm overwhelmed, I'm speechless. 5 stars from me as well.
Connor: Seems like they're just singing about their favorite hobby. I thought that they could have pulled out a better song but this one was still good enough. 3 stars from me.

Noah: More disappointing than our performance submission at World Hit Festival 31, to be honest. However, I think that they're likely to garner some votes from younger men and women due to their attractiveness. 3 stars from me.
Connor: I absolutely enjoyed this performance too. So many good performances tonight. The lyrics, the singing, the presentation. It's all so good. 4 stars from me.

Noah: 5 stars from me. Help me.
Connor: Another good one, make them all stop being so amazing. 5 stars here.

Noah: Just take my 5 stars and leave me alone! I am far too thankful that there is only one performance left, I cannot handle much more.
Connor: Goodnight everybody, I don't want to speak anymore. Another 5 stars.

Noah: 5 stars.

Connor: It has definitely been a wild night full of wonderful performances.

Noah: Absolutely, Connor and I definitely have many favorites tonight but it is all about who the folks back home love.

Connor: Very well Kannap, our viewers back home, you have seen all of the performances. You have your favorites, you have the ones that you loved and the ones that you hated. Now it is time to vote.

Noah: Cast your votes by either texting 12-80-VOTE-NOW or by visiting wwi.KannapVotes/WHF-32.kan, remember that your vote counts!

Connor: Normally I announce the vote from here in the host nation, but we're having a special guest from Kannapolis announce the results tonight. Former leader of Kannap Jeremy Andersson will be announcing the results live from Kannapolis. So, Kannap, get your votes in now!
Last edited by Kannap on Fri May 26, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Next: 32nd World Hit Festival live from Harrikes

Postby Britonisea » Sat May 27, 2017 12:10 am

BITC
Britonisea International Television Corporation

ImageImage
Daniel is on the left, while Jasper is on the right.
Live BITC coverage of the 32nd World Hit Festival in Harrikes, Euskirribakondara with your host Daniel Richards and Jasper Hunt.

Daniel Richards: Hey, B. I am back after a long break. Got sacked by the IGBK, by the BVC and now, BITC has decided to take a leap in the darkness and choose me! But fear not! For I have a 26 year old prince adjacent to me.
Jasper Hunt: Oh, thanks! I am Jasper Hunt, and the man who was just speaking to you guys is the infamous Daniel Richards.
Daniel: We are here in Euskirribakondara, or however you at home say it - we'll refer to it as Euskiland, where sixteen acts from all around the multiverse will participate to win that trophy - to win the right to host the next World Hit Festival.
Jasper: Indeed, Daniel. And you know, looking at the crowd today, this is probably the most packed WHF I have seen in my whole entire lives. We've got a lovely view of the stage from where we are at.
Daniel: We do, don't we? Anyway, Euskiland is probably one of the most cultured of countries in the World Hit Festival, and so, it's nice to experience what its like to be in Euskirribakondara. Of course, Britonisea aren't participating...
Jasper: Which is sad, I guess. Britonisea's delegation has never been to Euskirribakondara, never mind Harrikes.
Daniel: Things are about to start in the arena packed with 222,222 sweaty men and women from all over the place. Let's get started!

Opening Acts and other stuff]

01. Izmedu - Anja Krajacic - "Rise Again"

Daniel: Didn't like that, to be honest. I am tired of these songs about killing and self pity. Don't take a stand, love, sit back down.
Jasper: I quite liked it. I mean, it served a bit Western red-neck realness, but overall, I quite liked it.
Daniel: Izmedu has some of the most beautiful and handsome people, some of the best weather, and they make it seem like their country rains all the time. Where the hell is the beaches and culture? I want fun, fast, catchy, upbeat.
Jasper: Well, it seems to be working for them, aye? Winning thrice in a row.
Daniel: Well, what goes around comes around. Perhaps they won't be doing well from now on. Please send something fun next time though. I actually quite like your country! Believe it or not... Up next it's Todlichebujoku.

02. Todlichebujoku - Tachicola - "Naida, Tappaa ya Yuosta"

Jasper: That was certainly something - wasn't it?
Daniel: It was something. Shite. I have no idea what has been happening to their country recently. Is there a new leader? Maybe it's anarchy.
Jasper: Industrial Revolution happened decades ago, Industrial dance...well...
Daniel: I want to move on before I swear. Let's go to Goluta - see what they're serving up.

03. Goluta - Kassmil - "Gujall Arinej"

Daniel: You know what? I don't like this.
Jasper: Wait..what?
Daniel: I love it.
Jasper: Me too, I quite liked it too. The song is quite good. I like the instrumentation.
Daniel: It is my favourite so far, I quite like this!
Jasper: Slayage. It's the veterans, Anollasia!

04. Anollasia - The Bernsters - "Down In The City"

Jasper: Anollasia always serves up some good music to the World Hit Festival, it's a shame they never win.
Daniel: When they win, it will sure be an unforgettable win. They keep on trying. I quite like this song. Will it win? I don't have a bloody idea, do I?
Jasper: I quite like the lyrics, you know.
Daniel: Me too, yeah. Anollasia should do well this edition. I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't come top five, to be honest.
Jasper: I like this country coming up, it's Kwadai.

05. Kwadai - Kala - "Sounds"

Daniel: New favourite. To be honest, though, this is music you do your business with.
Jasper: Which business?
Daniel: Both business. The one in the bed, and the one in the toilet. The grinding you can do alongside this song will help in both situations.
Jasper: Is it strong enough to win? I don't really think that it is.
Daniel: I like it, and I think that's enough. It's Gim!

06. Gim - OML(Oh, My Lady!)- "Fell In Love"

Jasper: That was and cheerful, I liked it.
Daniel: OML, and not Oh, My Lady, OML as in, Oh, My Lord! I didn't like that.
Jasper: Why not? It was colourful and fun, I enjoyed it.
Daniel: It was a bit dizzying. I just didn't like it, Gim - I am sorry.
Jasper: Well, up next is Monaeroglissuerest Pleindanguilles.

07. Monaeroglissuerest Pleindanguilles - Leviticamicasicakikatikadikalikalika McMadooralananananafedoramorasorgoratorakurannam - "Help"

Daniel: The first few seconds were beautiful - it was like I was in heaven.
Jasper: Agreed.
Daniel: And then after that, I hated it. Especially as soon as the singer started singing with that horrible voice. I'd rather go through a Van Gogh than a listen to that song again.
Jasper: I don't really know what else to say.
Daniel: Let's move on to the next nation, which is Euskirribakondara. And the crowd are already getting ready.

08. Euskirribakondara - Samira - "طوّل بالك"

Jasper: This will definitely cancel out the other slow song we had from Goluta.
Daniel: I really liked this. This is my new favourite song, I really enjoyed this. It was really good to have this song straight after that mess before.
Jasper: And the crowd went wild for it. I think that this could go far this edition.
Daniel: I don't want it to win because...I kinda want someone else to host. After being to Izmedu three times, I think we are deserving of new nations to host every edition.
Jasper: Well that is the end of part one, and by gosh, I am tired.

09. Cosneolta - Convikt ft. NVM - "This Feeling"

Daniel: I didn't actually like that, if I am going to be honest. I think that it was just a tad too much.
Jasper: I didn't really like it either. I didn't like the instrumentation at all.
Daniel: It seems a bit weak of an entry, if you ask me.
Jasper: Ah well, not every song can make us happy.
Daniel: Up next is Darkmania, and I feel a bit sad already. Their song is sad asf.

10. Darkmania - Märiëlla Baelsä ft. Daniël Kisdmedspringer - "Kjærligheten Dør"

Jasper: So, do you think Darkmania will win?
Daniel: Well, finally, they've got their act together and sorted out that staging problem they had.
Jasper: Beautiful language, but it's a tad too boring for me.
Daniel: It is a bit boring, yeah. Felt like the song went on for 12 years.
Jasper: Up next is Mercedini, sending Samuel Borlaviac, who look's like Kannap's Noah Fiore. Noah is better looking though.

11. Mercedini - Samuel Borlaviac - "Stay Right Here"

Daniel: A song similar to this was sent to the Cross Border Battle for Estogium, but it was scrapped last minute due to the similarities to this song. In the end, Estogium came last with that horrific song.
Jasper: I don't like the switch to the Mercedinian, which is basically Italian.
Daniel: Yeah, I am not so sure about it either. I think they should've kept the whole song in English or perhaps, have the whole song in Mercedinian.
Jasper: Perfection, not quite. But nearly.
Daniel: Anyway, Normandy and Picardy are next - and they haven't been doing well lately.

12. Normandy and Picardy - Suzy - "Again"

Jasper: Normandy and Picardy...I liked Kwadai's song but this lacks. What do you think Daniel?
Daniel: You've done it a-a-a-gain, You've done it a-a-a-gain
Jasper: I guess you liked it then?
Daniel: Of course, yeah! How did you know?
Jasper: Right, next up is Nigh- oh no, it's Kannap. Keep on forgetting, sorry!

13. Kannap - Chosen Four - "Hike"

Daniel: The lyrics are a bit...young. For those who are 27 and above, this reminds of lyrics a group of 16 year olds would sing.
Jasper: I liked it nevertheless. It has a nice sound to it.
Daniel: I mean, I liked it too...but you know.
Jasper: You think they should grow up or something?
Daniel: No, but yeah. I hope it does well. Finally, our friends are up. Nightom is next!

14. Nightom - Aaliyah Banques - "Poisonous"

Jasper: Well, Nightom came 4th last time, do you think that they could do it again?
Daniel: I am not sure this will win because there are lots of songs like this. Normandy and Picardy and Kwadai? I mean, I hope that Nightom will be the most successful of that group. But will ultimately share out the points.
Jasper: This is a good song, I think that it is well produced. I think that it could match it's 4th place it received last edition - or even place higher. But the votes in this contest are a bit dodgy. Just joking haha...
Daniel: Oh my god, it's our neighbours! Last edition they were robbed. I mean, they came 16th with only 6 points. That is one of the worst positions by an ABEN nation in World Hit Festival. We came 16th ages ago, that was our worst position.
Jasper: And don't forget Reis, he is so nice to look at.

15. Estogium - Reis Malik - "I'm Ready"

Daniel: This is so good. Did you hear the audience? It may have been even louder than the home nation!
Jasper: I am so proud of Estogium - this is what Izmedu should send. Izmedu has better weather than Estogium, I would think. And yet they, Estogium, bring it.
Daniel: I really love Estogium, and I wish well for them.
Jasper: Me too. Well, we are now going over to Kalosia to finish.
Daniel: Oh, they still participate do they?

16. Kalosia - Paola Amadin - "L'Alba"

Jasper: I quite liked this song, and their language is pretty sweet too...Daniel?
Daniel: What?
Jasper: What did you think of the song?
Daniel: I wasn't really listening to it.
Jasper: Wait really? It was pretty loud in the arena.
Daniel: Come on, Jasper. I don't think I am inclined to give my opinion on the Kalosian song.
Jasper: That's a shame. You should get over your problem with Kalosia.
Daniel: What problem?
Jasper: Yeah, whatever. Well, well done Kalosia, fantastic job!

Daniel: And that is it. I think you guys at home would have enjoyed the 32nd World Hit Festival, I sure did.
Jasper: I did as well. It was a shame than Jacob Carew didn't go to Harrikes, but never mind.
Daniel: Let's tune in to the happenings in the arena...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat May 27, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 27, 2017 4:52 pm

[22:16:21 - 22:23:50]

Interval Act 1 - WIP.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 27, 2017 4:53 pm

[22:29:51 - 22:3x:xx]

Hosts Intervention - WIP.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 27, 2017 4:55 pm

[22:3x:xx - 22:39:59]

Interval Act 2 - WIP.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat May 27, 2017 5:06 pm

STATISTICS

Participating Countries: 16 (15th largest WHF so far)

Débuting Countries: 1
* Goluta

Returning Countries: 2
* Darkmania (last participated in WHF28)
* Gim (last participated in WHF22)

Withdrawing Countries: 4
* Artsakhestan
* Besini
* Ethane
* Zeganas

Other Participating Countries (Not-debuting, not-returning): 13
* Anollasia
* Cosneolta
* Estogium
* Euskirribakondara
* Izmedu