NATION

PASSWORD

[IC] The First Annual Coursan State Dinner (FELOUX ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In-character]
User avatar
Coursa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

[IC] The First Annual Coursan State Dinner (FELOUX ONLY)

Postby Coursa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 am

(This is a roleplay for residents of the Feloux region only. Unless you are a resident of Feloux, please refrain from posting here.)

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Building
Libertad, Coursa
10:30 local time


“Yes Mr. Premier, I understand. An international state dinner… for those governments in the Feloux region only.”
“100,000 pesos?…uh, yes sir, yes, that will definitely suffice! Of course, of course! We will have the finest champagne and the finest cuisine of the whole country there for you and your guests.”
“Yes, Mr. Premier. I’ll get in touch with them immediately. We’ll have it done as soon as possible. Thank you.”

The man standing at the desk placed the phone back in its set with a clack, scrawled a few notes onto his notepad, and then picked the phone back up and called his secretary.

“Juanita? Yes. Pass this invitation on to the telegram office, to be sent to all nations in the Feloux region. And call a construction crew. We have a lot of work to do.”



Bahia de Cortez
Isla Menor, Coursa
The next day


The hammers pounding nails and the buzz of power saws and the backing up of work trucks and the clang of metal piping fitting together were all deafened by the roar of the crashing waves just a hundred feet down the beach. The workmen, paid in full the day before by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, were building a wooden platform for the state dinner right on top of the beach’s pink sands. First, they came through to bury concrete pilings, then they placed steel supports inside. On those supports they laid a frame, upon which the wood floor was planked across. Lastly came the wooden railings and the white paint, which covered every surface.
By the end of the hard day’s labor, the colorful blue and yellow canvas tenting rose above the platform, protecting it from sunburns and rainstorms. The workmen left by three o’clock, their trucks heading for the nearest bar. Throughout the evening, they would be replaced by caterers and cooks, waiters and waitresses, and ushers and decorators. Furniture and decorations came by the truckload, round tables and their accompanying chairs were interspersed about the floor, with a bar counter placed on one end of the platform and a stage with a microphone on the other. Audio engineers worked well into the starry night, setting up cords and speakers while the bar was stocked and the tables decorated with their tablecloths and silverware.



It was only one night to the dinner. The invitations had been sent the week before. The cooks were buying up the ingredients for their dishes in bulk, preparing to cook the courses the next morning. In the San Juan Naval Base, the 1st Carrier Group made its preparations to set sail at dawn. Libertad International Airport called its extra air traffic controllers, tested its instruments, and prepared for a flotilla of foreign planes.
Premier Juan Tomas Martinez in his office in Libertad prepared in his usual fashion- with a bottle of whiskey and a box of cigars.

User avatar
Pinochet Chile
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Pinochet Chile » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Augusto Pinochet Ugarte himself, President of Pinochet Chile and Chief of the government junta of Pinochet Chile, representing the army branch of the legislative power, arrives at the dinner table.
"Salutations, Premier Martinez, nice to meet you. I hope we can make this quick, I have things to take care of."

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

His Exellency Zalto of the Great State of Xanidia would arrive immediately sitting down at a table without a word, only with a flick of a wrist bringing in 2 Loyal servants to adjust his attire. (I just sugarcoated the heck out of this dude)

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Well this is going splendidly.

User avatar
Coursa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Coursa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm

The sun waned low in the clouds, not yet setting, turning the sky a bright and colorful cloth of pinks, oranges, and blues, as the first guests arrived to the beach pavilion where the state dinner was hosted. Premier Juan Tomás Martinez, the head of the entire Coursan government, had personally arrived in his black limousine to greet his honored guests from all over the region.

Pinochet Chile wrote:Augusto Pinochet Ugarte himself, President of Pinochet Chile and Chief of the government junta of Pinochet Chile, representing the army branch of the legislative power, arrives at the dinner table.
"Salutations, Premier Martinez, nice to meet you. I hope we can make this quick, I have things to take care of."


"It is good to meet you as well, Mr. President," Premier Martinez replied, meeting him on the steps before the dinner tables. "Although, if I may, we have much in the evening planned for our distinguished guests. It would be a shame if you departed early." He briefly paused, looking over an aide's printed seating chart. "Come, let me bring you to your seat."

Xanidia wrote:His Exellency Zalto of the Great State of Xanidia would arrive immediately sitting down at a table without a word, only with a flick of a wrist bringing in 2 Loyal servants to adjust his attire. (I just sugarcoated the heck out of this dude)


The Premier and his entourage noted Zalto taking his seat without even bothering for any introduction after seating the President from Pinochet Chile. Observing one of his staff's look of concern, he nudged him and leaned in to speak quietly. "Smiles, son, smiles. One faux pas isn't enough to pass judgment." The Premier approached the table where Zalto had seated himself, one table over from where President Ugarte sat. Mentally rehearsing the official titles for the various ranks of the Xanidian government, he finally greeted him. "Supreme Leader Zalto, let me be the first to welcome you to this momentous occasion. Please make yourselves comfortable, and feel free to sample our appetizers. The shrimp, as I can personally attest, is delicious."

While the Premier greeted the first of his guests, the 1st Carrier Group of the Coursan Navy steamed around the southern point of Isla Menor and crossed into the Bahia de Cortez. The pride of the entire navy- and indeed the entire island nation- the CNS Solidaridad, its first and only helicopter carrier, sat right in the center of the formation of swirling guided missile cruisers and destroyers, while a logistics ship towed the blackened hull of an old cargo ship marked the previous week for scrap. Premier Martinez had much planned for the evening, and it was all falling into place.

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Greetings to you too Premier Martinez, your dinner is absolutely splendid.

User avatar
Pinochet Chile
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Pinochet Chile » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Coursa wrote:The sun waned low in the clouds, not yet setting, turning the sky a bright and colorful cloth of pinks, oranges, and blues, as the first guests arrived to the beach pavilion where the state dinner was hosted. Premier Juan Tomás Martinez, the head of the entire Coursan government, had personally arrived in his black limousine to greet his honored guests from all over the region.

Pinochet Chile wrote:Augusto Pinochet Ugarte himself, President of Pinochet Chile and Chief of the government junta of Pinochet Chile, representing the army branch of the legislative power, arrives at the dinner table.
"Salutations, Premier Martinez, nice to meet you. I hope we can make this quick, I have things to take care of."


"It is good to meet you as well, Mr. President," Premier Martinez replied, meeting him on the steps before the dinner tables. "Although, if I may, we have much in the evening planned for our distinguished guests. It would be a shame if you departed early." He briefly paused, looking over an aide's printed seating chart. "Come, let me bring you to your seat."

Xanidia wrote:His Exellency Zalto of the Great State of Xanidia would arrive immediately sitting down at a table without a word, only with a flick of a wrist bringing in 2 Loyal servants to adjust his attire. (I just sugarcoated the heck out of this dude)


The Premier and his entourage noted Zalto taking his seat without even bothering for any introduction after seating the President from Pinochet Chile. Observing one of his staff's look of concern, he nudged him and leaned in to speak quietly. "Smiles, son, smiles. One faux pas isn't enough to pass judgment." The Premier approached the table where Zalto had seated himself, one table over from where President Ugarte sat. Mentally rehearsing the official titles for the various ranks of the Xanidian government, he finally greeted him. "Supreme Leader Zalto, let me be the first to welcome you to this momentous occasion. Please make yourselves comfortable, and feel free to sample our appetizers. The shrimp, as I can personally attest, is delicious."

While the Premier greeted the first of his guests, the 1st Carrier Group of the Coursan Navy steamed around the southern point of Isla Menor and crossed into the Bahia de Cortez. The pride of the entire navy- and indeed the entire island nation- the CNS Solidaridad, its first and only helicopter carrier, sat right in the center of the formation of swirling guided missile cruisers and destroyers, while a logistics ship towed the blackened hull of an old cargo ship marked the previous week for scrap. Premier Martinez had much planned for the evening, and it was all falling into place.


"I agree, it seems like the evening will be great, and it would be a shame if I left earlier than others, but", Pinochet starts whispering to Premier Martinez. "I left my nation and our junta under the control of Air General Gustavo Leigh, and I don't trust that guy. He's a great general, don't get me wrong but I don't trust him ideologically. He's a supporter of strong state intervention in the economy and that has always been a problem with him, but I can't just replace him, the 2nd Aviation Group, which is the unit he belongs to, was a central force in our coup d'état a couple years ago. If there's an emergency, the Commander-in-Chief of the Pinochet Chilean Navy, José Toribio Merino will notify me, and if I have to leave, so be it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I thought I'd better let you know.", Pinochet raises his voice again "So what are we eating today?"

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Supreme Leader Zalto leaned over to his accomplice, his son, and whisper:

"There's a...vibe in this room. I want you to keep a careful eye open, this cough could be your first training session as my succcesor to the Throne of Xanidia." Zalto whispered to his son.

"Of course father, anything." Zaltos son replied, getting out of his seat and walking around the room.

User avatar
Coursa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Coursa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Pinochet Chile wrote:"I agree, it seems like the evening will be great, and it would be a shame if I left earlier than others, but", Pinochet starts whispering to Premier Martinez. "I left my nation and our junta under the control of Air General Gustavo Leigh, and I don't trust that guy. He's a great general, don't get me wrong but I don't trust him ideologically. He's a supporter of strong state intervention in the economy and that has always been a problem with him, but I can't just replace him, the 2nd Aviation Group, which is the unit he belongs to, was a central force in our coup d'état a couple years ago. If there's an emergency, the Commander-in-Chief of the Pinochet Chilean Navy, José Toribio Merino will notify me, and if I have to leave, so be it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I thought I'd better let you know.", Pinochet raises his voice again "So what are we eating today?"


"It is only one evening. I do hope nothing as severe as what concerns you appears in just one night. Tonight, the main course is a choice of fresh lobster from our finest fisheries or juicy filet mignon from our finest cattle. I'll have one of the waiters come around to take your order." As he finished his sentence, Martinez waved over a neatly-dressed waiter in a fresh-pressed tuxedo.

Xanidia wrote:Greetings to you too Premier Martinez, your dinner is absolutely splendid.


"I do hope our hospitality exceeds your standards. A waiter will be over with tonight's meal choices shortly. I would love to hear more about how things are in your country..." Premier Martinez was interrupted by a man in dark sunglasses and a coiled earpiece. "Excuse me one moment, Supreme Leader." He stepped out of earshot of the table and spoke with the man for a minute. After the agent had disappeared just as mysteriously as he had appeared, Martinez put on an apologetic look and returned to the table. "Supreme Leader, I'll have that waiter right over, but I'm afraid our conversation will have to hold. I have a few announcements to prepare for. Please, enjoy what the Republic of Coursa has to offer."

Martinez strode off the pavilion, producing a creased piece of paper from his suit pocket. He mouthed its words carefully. Meanwhile, the 1st Carrier Group had come to a stop in the near center of the bay, only ten kilometers from the shore. From the logistic ship E-3 the tow cable was severed and the old hull of the cargo ship it had towed out to the bay dropped its anchor before its skeleton crew abandoned it by open boat. The fleet began moving into a strike position. On the flight deck of the CNS Solidaridad, helicopter engines sputtered and coughed as they started up and rotors slowly began to churn the air, the noise echoing faintly in the distance from the beachside pavilion where the guests soon would be served their meals.

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Coursa wrote:
Pinochet Chile wrote:"I agree, it seems like the evening will be great, and it would be a shame if I left earlier than others, but", Pinochet starts whispering to Premier Martinez. "I left my nation and our junta under the control of Air General Gustavo Leigh, and I don't trust that guy. He's a great general, don't get me wrong but I don't trust him ideologically. He's a supporter of strong state intervention in the economy and that has always been a problem with him, but I can't just replace him, the 2nd Aviation Group, which is the unit he belongs to, was a central force in our coup d'état a couple years ago. If there's an emergency, the Commander-in-Chief of the Pinochet Chilean Navy, José Toribio Merino will notify me, and if I have to leave, so be it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I thought I'd better let you know.", Pinochet raises his voice again "So what are we eating today?"


"It is only one evening. I do hope nothing as severe as what concerns you appears in just one night. Tonight, the main course is a choice of fresh lobster from our finest fisheries or juicy filet mignon from our finest cattle. I'll have one of the waiters come around to take your order." As he finished his sentence, Martinez waved over a neatly-dressed waiter in a fresh-pressed tuxedo.

Xanidia wrote:Greetings to you too Premier Martinez, your dinner is absolutely splendid.


"I do hope our hospitality exceeds your standards. A waiter will be over with tonight's meal choices shortly. I would love to hear more about how things are in your country..." Premier Martinez was interrupted by a man in dark sunglasses and a coiled earpiece. "Excuse me one moment, Supreme Leader." He stepped out of earshot of the table and spoke with the man for a minute. After the agent had disappeared just as mysteriously as he had appeared, Martinez put on an apologetic look and returned to the table. "Supreme Leader, I'll have that waiter right over, but I'm afraid our conversation will have to hold. I have a few announcements to prepare for. Please, enjoy what the Republic of Coursa has to offer."

Martinez strode off the pavilion, producing a creased piece of paper from his suit pocket. He mouthed its words carefully. Meanwhile, the 1st Carrier Group had come to a stop in the near center of the bay, only ten kilometers from the shore. From the logistic ship E-3 the tow cable was severed and the old hull of the cargo ship it had towed out to the bay dropped its anchor before its skeleton crew abandoned it by open boat. The fleet began moving into a strike position. On the flight deck of the CNS Solidaridad, helicopter engines sputtered and coughed as they started up and rotors slowly began to churn the air, the noise echoing faintly in the distance from the beachside pavilion where the guests soon would be served their meals.


"Father what was that about?" Zaltos son inquired as he sat back down.

"I don't know but I believe it's a component of the atmosphere of this room. I...I just don't like what I sense." Supreme Leader Zalto told his son, rubbing his right hand against his left arm.

"Dad please calm down, your 73 and don't need this pressure. Listen how about I take you outside so you can breath, Ill also contact the helicopter which brought you hear to be on standby." Zaltos son said to his father, lifting him out of his seat.

"Thank you son." Supreme Leader Zalto said graciously, walking through the pavilions entrance.

User avatar
Floaskia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Floaskia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:01 am

January, 12th. 2016
Early Morning
The Supreme Commander of Floaskia, and the annexed states of Kneoplets, Polojk, and Dorpieka; Also the Founding official of Feloux is seen with his motor of vehicles heading towards the Coursan State Dinner, in a slow paced way to make in a matter of time. The vehicles proceed to go arrive at the entrance of the building with several men stepping out before the final vehicle arrives and the others leave; The final vehicle contains the Supreme Commander with his Diplomatic Affair Advisor, all the men would go inside.. some of them staying outside for additional guarding, some would go in in front of the supreme commander and scout the building ahead. They would walk ahead before being making it to the main hall where everyone else is.. Casually looking around the building.. then would allow the supreme commander to continue in and let him look himself to see several people in the distance ahead of him. He would greet some of the guests he doesn't know.. casually talking to some who seems "Democracy" is better than "Fascism" which angered him a bit, but he moved onto other guests. Then would continue looking at the scenery of the outdoors.
Character: Wilhelm Heisen, Supreme Commander of The Dictatorship of Floaskia and Polojk(Puppet state)
Government: Fascist / Millitary-State
Technology State: MT / (Little advanced, not so much)
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

User avatar
Xanidia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Xanidia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Floaskia wrote:January, 12th. 2016
Early Morning
The Supreme Commander of Floaskia, and the annexed states of Kneoplets, Polojk, and Dorpieka; Also the Founding official of Feloux is seen with his motor of vehicles heading towards the Coursan State Dinner, in a slow paced way to make in a matter of time. The vehicles proceed to go arrive at the entrance of the building with several men stepping out before the final vehicle arrives and the others leave; The final vehicle contains the Supreme Commander with his Diplomatic Affair Advisor, all the men would go inside.. some of them staying outside for additional guarding, some would go in in front of the supreme commander and scout the building ahead. They would walk ahead before being making it to the main hall where everyone else is.. Casually looking around the building.. then would allow the supreme commander to continue in and let him look himself to see several people in the distance ahead of him. He would greet some of the guests he doesn't know.. casually talking to some who seems "Democracy" is better than "Fascism" which angered him a bit, but he moved onto other guests. Then would continue looking at the scenery of the outdoors.


After a short breather His Exellency (Supreme Leader for other world leaders) Zalto renters the pavilion with his son and would notice the Supreme Commander.

"Ahh, Supreme Commander, good day I'm so glad you're here, I've gotten quite exaspersred by the ubiquitousness of democraps here." His Exellency (Supreme Leader) Zalto said jokingly.

User avatar
Floaskia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Floaskia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:40 am

Ah. Is that so.. Well hopefully they don't spread any of their voting systems to my country. he would say jokingly.. Well, Where is the host? Wound like to know when we are going to start this.
Character: Wilhelm Heisen, Supreme Commander of The Dictatorship of Floaskia and Polojk(Puppet state)
Government: Fascist / Millitary-State
Technology State: MT / (Little advanced, not so much)
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League


Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Curraleigh, Imperial Republic of JRR, Impireacht, New Metropolitan France, Xirnium

Remove ads