NATION

PASSWORD

IDEA: Add running a mate!!

Your source for the latest news, rumors, vile slander and potential scandals in this historic second World Assembly Secretary-General election!
The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

IDEA: Add running a mate!!

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:24 am

I think they should add a running mate to this election game. Candidates could appoint a Vice General Secretary, maybe in round 3 or the final round.

I remember last time in the later rounds candidates that dropped out would endorsed other candidates. Think it be a cool new element to add this year. If too late for this time around, maybe in the next four years.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:33 am

I was thinking the same thing.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:34 am

This... could work, yeah.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 am

Mate... having mates will be the best ideas for this game. So yeah, I am down with this, mate. ;)

Seriously though, I think having a backup will be pretty sweet!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:53 am

I think adding a running mate is a big part of the end game election in real life. Which this is clearly based off of the US President elections.

So being able to add one round 3 or the final round would be pretty cool and fitting.
The Mad King of Hell
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 am

I like this idea. How would we make this happen?
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 am

Kathol Rift wrote:I like this idea. How would we make this happen?

Hope the mods notice and agree mostly lol. So let's keep this thread alive.

Though in the short term top tier candidates could simply say so and so is there running mate.
The Mad King of Hell

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:58 am

Totally agree with that.
I think the top 5 under the main winner should be voted on to get a Mate.
It would add a new element. Get a strong enough showing to be considered for 2nd Chair.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am

This sounds kinda cool
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

When U Die
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby When U Die » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:02 am

This is a really good idea. But would the running mate have to be WA?

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am

When U Die wrote:This is a really good idea. But would the running mate have to be WA?

Probably. I imagine most running mates would be candidates that dropped out.
The Mad King of Hell

Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am

I would assume if anything gets implemented you'd have to be a WA member to be nominated. ICly it makes sense and OOC you don't someone just picking out a puppet, that's boring.
Last edited by Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Hopefully the mods will agree and add this.
The Mad King of Hell

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Would there be tickets or would Vice Secretary be its own position?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Fauxia wrote:Would there be tickets or would Vice Secretary be its own position?

I see it as President and Vice President, so WA Secretary-General and Vice Secretary-General. Or something like that.

They would run as one ticket.
The Mad King of Hell

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 pm

I do like this idea very much, but the voting is already to round two. We need the mods to notice this quick if we want it to happen!
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:09 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:I do like this idea very much, but the voting is already to round two. We need the mods to notice this quick if we want it to happen!

Hopefully they will. I also made a thread in technical since this board is so active.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=482814
The Mad King of Hell

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 pm

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:00 pm

Yeah! VP pick can be an important thing to get as many NS political blocs as possible. Now let's sit back and watch how the political coalitions (if any?) and possibly intrigues will unravel.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:07 pm

Great suggestion! Nice to see it being implemented so quickly.

Strike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Strike » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:11 pm

I think your definition of "done" differs from most but it's nice to see it will be coming soon

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Strike wrote:

I think your definition of "done" differs from most but it's nice to see it will be coming soon

Now I'm really expecting for some unexpected plot twist.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Election Headquarters