NATION

PASSWORD

No More Bullsh*t: Jocospor for WA Secretary-General

Your source for the latest news, rumors, vile slander and potential scandals in this historic second World Assembly Secretary-General election!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Valerox wrote:You know what my favorite thing about Nationstates is? When a candidate spends 2 days running a platform about taking down the WA elite, gets mocked, ridiculed and endlessly criticized, told over and over again by everyone that there’s no such thing as it and it doesn’t exist, and then the 3rd day comes and suddenly every single person that said it doesn’t exist have magically all decided to band together and form a voting block of the biggest regions in the entire game and the most influential voters, entirely dedicated to keeping him out. But no, I’m sorry, that’s not gross misuse of power and abuse of authority. That’s “super epic destroying those evil alt righters! High fives and catgirls all around!”

I think that at some point they just went “well if he’s going to keep saying it I guess we should stop hiding it.”

Myep... "everyone"

*snicker*

I think this is more hilarious than the Catgirl topic.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:More like someone id DDOSing the site

again big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm moment

vote for the DDOS'er

I'd rather not vote for Joco :rofl:
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Joco is losing and suddenly NS goes down

big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know Joco has been getting really riled up by all this, even though folk have told him to calm down and take a break, but it's probably just a glitch.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:01 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know Joco has been getting really riled up by all this, even though folk have told him to calm down and take a break, but it's probably just a glitch.

Yeah I'm just messing about, i doubt he would actually go as far as commit a criminal offense to win this
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I know Joco has been getting really riled up by all this, even though folk have told him to calm down and take a break, but it's probably just a glitch.

Yeah I'm just messing about, i doubt he would actually go as far as commit a criminal offense to win this

Yeah, if he did, he'd get DOS'd and that would leave his region open to a raid thanks to the Liberation.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Technocratic Founder
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Technocratic Founder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I know Joco has been getting really riled up by all this, even though folk have told him to calm down and take a break, but it's probably just a glitch.

Wouldn't even win it, lol. Would just be a tantrum.
Hi, it's me, Imperium of Josh

Technocratic Founder
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Technocratic Founder » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Yokiria wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

Yeah, if he did, he'd get DOS'd and that would leave his region open to a raid thanks to the Liberation.

Damn, wouldnt that be a wonderful turn of events? Ah, a man can dream...
Hi, it's me, Imperium of Josh

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:04 pm

[violet] chased the dropbear out of the server room. We're back on!
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Yokiria wrote:[violet] chased the dropbear out of the server room. We're back on!

It isn't fixed, still getting database errors.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Kandorith
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The idea of this is quite hilarious though. :rofl:

Edit:

Blood Wine wrote:-snip-

Thank you Blood Wine, that is actually HILARIOUS. It's been a while since I laughed that hard.
Last edited by Kandorith on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Valerox
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Valerox » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Wait okay, serious question for a second. Taking a break from all of the politics and all that stuff. Please try your best to keep snarky comments or insults or name calling out of your answer.

Do you think that it’s not okay to role play as an evil nation? I can’t speak for anyone else but for me personally it stemmed in the beginning from my love of playing villains in video games and tabletop role playing games. I like playing the bad guy, and making my nation a corporate dystopia, being evil just for the sake of it. I wouldn’t actually do any of that in real life or want any of it. I feel like at some point you just have to take a step back and say “hey, this is a video game where people can create and role play as whatever nations they want.” You’re creating a voting block of hundreds upon hundreds of nations because what, you don’t like the guy? You don’t agree with what he role plays as? Like really think about this, you have consolidated your forces in a supreme effort to keep out a candidate in an election that really isn’t the most serious thing in the world, IN A VIDEO GAME, because you think that in real life he’s a Nazi. Idk, again I don’t really venture into the OOC much primarily just because I know how much bullying goes on in this community for choosing to play as the bad guy, but for people who repeatedly call this a “joke” campaign, you went real serious real quick.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Valerox wrote:Wait okay, serious question for a second. Taking a break from all of the politics and all that stuff. Please try your best to keep snarky comments or insults or name calling out of your answer.

Do you think that it’s not okay to role play as an evil nation? I can’t speak for anyone else but for me personally it stemmed in the beginning from my love of playing villains in video games and tabletop role playing games. I like playing the bad guy, and making my nation a corporate dystopia, being evil just for the sake of it. I wouldn’t actually do any of that in real life or want any of it. I feel like at some point you just have to take a step back and say “hey, this is a video game where people can create and role play as whatever nations they want.” You’re creating a voting block of hundreds upon hundreds of nations because what, you don’t like the guy? You don’t agree with what he role plays as? Like really think about this, you have consolidated your forces in a supreme effort to keep out a candidate in an election that really isn’t the most serious thing in the world, IN A VIDEO GAME, because you think that in real life he’s a Nazi. Idk, again I don’t really venture into the OOC much primarily just because I know how much bullying goes on in this community for choosing to play as the bad guy, but for people who repeatedly call this a “joke” campaign, you went real serious real quick.

I don't care if he's a fake Nazi. His demeanor outside of that is worthy of dislike from everyone on this site. He could be the most intense antifascist on this site, but still acting the way he does, and still nobody would like him.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Valerox wrote:Wait okay, serious question for a second. Taking a break from all of the politics and all that stuff. Please try your best to keep snarky comments or insults or name calling out of your answer.

I don't care if he's a fake Nazi. His demeanor outside of that is worthy of dislike from everyone on this site. He could be the most intense antifascist on this site, but still acting the way he does, and still nobody would like him.

Tbh even if such a person was on the other side of the political spectrum I'd still have the same issues with them.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Kandorith
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Grenartia wrote:I don't care if he's a fake Nazi. His demeanor outside of that is worthy of dislike from everyone on this site. He could be the most intense antifascist on this site, but still acting the way he does, and still nobody would like him.

This, I barely even know the person but having seen some examples in how he is "not a fascists" is utterly disgraceful. And everything and everyone who is against him is automatically "conspiring against him" and part of a "larger Nationstates conspiracy" It's just... UGh. I would not vote for him in the first place, but the campaigning he is doing along with his "loveable" puppets made me even more sure not to vote for him. Although this thread is quite entertaining. (Especially accusing everyone of being part of some WA-elite)
Last edited by Kandorith on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Remember, we are all effectively roleplaying here. None of our nations are actually real. So therefore, creating a voting block against a fascist nation is ok since this could and sometimes does happen in real life. Voting blocks are a real thing. So don't get upset about several regions allying. This sort of thing happened in my country (the uk) last election.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Valerox wrote:But no, I’m sorry, that’s not gross misuse of power and abuse of authority.

What powers are being misused?

What authority is being abused?

The ability to spout catchphrases does not a valid criminal charge make.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Valerox wrote:You know what my favorite thing about Nationstates is? When a candidate spends 2 days running a platform about taking down the WA elite, gets mocked, ridiculed and endlessly criticized, told over and over again by everyone that there’s no such thing as it and it doesn’t exist, and then the 3rd day comes and suddenly every single person that said it doesn’t exist have magically all decided to band together and form a voting block of the biggest regions in the entire game and the most influential voters, entirely dedicated to keeping him out. But no, I’m sorry, that’s not gross misuse of power and abuse of authority. That’s “super epic destroying those evil alt righters! High fives and catgirls all around!”

I think that at some point they just went “well if he’s going to keep saying it I guess we should stop hiding it.”

:clap:
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Santia
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Santia » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:35 pm

I like how Joco's opponents just hijacked his thread and there isn't any issue apparently :rofl:

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Santia wrote:I like how Joco's opponents just hijacked his thread and there isn't any issue apparently :rofl:

Except that an admin has already said there is no hijacking going on here as it's all related.

Wave on, wave on

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:39 pm

Kandorith wrote:
Grenartia wrote:I don't care if he's a fake Nazi. His demeanor outside of that is worthy of dislike from everyone on this site. He could be the most intense antifascist on this site, but still acting the way he does, and still nobody would like him.

This, I barely even know the person but having seen some examples in how he is "not a fascists" is utterly disgraceful. And everything and everyone who is against him is automatically "conspiring against him" and part of a "larger Nationstates conspiracy" It's just... UGh. I would not vote for him in the first place, but the campaigning he is doing along with his "loveable" puppets made me even more sure not to vote for him. Although this thread is quite entertaining. (Especially accusing everyone of being part of some WA-elite)

I kind of was hoping for some proper answers about the campaign myself, to be honest. When I asked the Catgirl person about what they were up to, they were fine to answer everything on Discord and whatnot. I just wanted a direct answer that was... you know anything besides the "WA-Elite" drivel. I mean, if he said he's down for the fascists or something like that, I'd still not vote for him but at least that's something.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Valerox wrote:<snip>

To put it simply:

If you have an ideology centered around the disenfranchisement, dehumanization, or extermination of certain demographics, those demographics, and people sympathetic towards those demographics, probably aren't going to like you. If you stalwartly choose to associate with people that advocate for those kind of ideologies, whether or not you personally agree with them, those demographics, and people sympathetic towards those demographics, probably aren't going to like you, either.

This applies to RP and real-life pretty equally, since world politic RP is a reflection of real-life in the first place.

You can argue that people are being far too serious on opposing "bad guy RP", but then I have to ask: if it's RP-only, why do some of the fascist regions Jocospor associates with deliberately (if somewhat discreetly) use Nationstates as a social platform to recruit for real-life fascist organizations? That doesn't sound very RP-only to me at all.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks to all of this nonsense, I am fully in support of ya boi Joco here.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Alright gentlemen, we're in the endgame now. It's Joc or nothing.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tretrid
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Tretrid » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Okay, so I've received a mass TG from Shrew claiming that the top 5 are committing massive voter fraud or whatever, due to trying to keep Joco out of the general election.

I also received it twice for some reason.
Former Minister of Information and Communications of The East Pacific, Former Editor of the Eastern Pacific News Service, Vizier

Unless stated otherwise, nothing I say should be construed as being the opinion of The East Pacific.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Alright gentlemen, we're in the endgame now. It's Joc or nothing any other better candidate.

Fixed.

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Election Headquarters