NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] GA Rules

For discussing a long-overdue overhaul of the Assembly's legislative protocols.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Linking works in proposals now? I thought you could only link to nations or regions.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Linking works in proposals now? I thought you could only link to nations or regions.

Sure does. The [url] bbc code works in the submissions screen.

Utopiaana
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Supermajority on Repeal-Votes

Postby Utopiaana » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:33 pm

I was wondering if someone could tell me if my resolution (which i want to propose) has validity?

Here is a draft:

Description:

Changing the rules for required majority in the WA- General Assembly on repeal-votes to protect minorities, and promote political stability.

Acknowledging that it is easier to repeal important legislation than it is to create it, and pass it in the WA- General Assembly. This has been the case on many repeal-votes.

Disturbed by the fact that so many nations do not pay attention and read through the resolutions before voting 'yes' or 'no' in the first place.

Convinced that If the WA- General Assembly adopted a rule that required a 3/5th (60 percent) majority on all repeal-votes, then that would promote stability in the World Assembly and the world.

Herby:

(I) Changes the rules of the required majority needed to repeal all WA- General Assembly resolutions to 3/5th (60 percent).

(II) Repealing this resolution also needs a 3/5th majority.
Authorised by The Hon. Torleif Svaringshaug - Supreme Leader

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

This proposal would be illegal due to a game mechanics rule violation. Also, the Q&A thread in the main GA forum would be the appropriate thread to ask a question like this.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Utopiaana
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Utopiaana » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Bananaistan wrote:This proposal would be illegal due to a game mechanics rule violation. Also, the Q&A thread in the main GA forum would be the appropriate thread to ask a question like this.

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering of just what you mentioned about game mechanics. It is bad that the WA is so limited when it comes to contribution of member-states to change and propose rules for each of the WA chambers.
Authorised by The Hon. Torleif Svaringshaug - Supreme Leader

Previous

Return to General Assembly Rules Consortium