NATION

PASSWORD

The WA Army Rule

For discussing a long-overdue overhaul of the Assembly's legislative protocols.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
The Dark Star Republic wrote:If that's the case, why wasn't the resolution deleted?

LOTS wasn't deleted either; it was illegal. So was Promotion of Solar Panels - if I remember correctly.

The mods said after the event that Law of the Sea was illegal. They didn't say the same about Humanitarian Intervention or Promotion of Solar Panels.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:35 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:LOTS wasn't deleted either; it was illegal. So was Promotion of Solar Panels - if I remember correctly.

The mods said after the event that Law of the Sea was illegal. They didn't say the same about Humanitarian Intervention or Promotion of Solar Panels.

I don't remember Promotion of Solar Panels actually being illegal, it was just crap.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:08 pm

So, to generate some more discussion, here's a draft re-wording of the rule:

Military and Police Rule

The WA is allowed to take military and police actions, or support member nations in the same. However, proposals cannot be specific "declarations of war" on individual nations or groups. Additionally, any roleplay derived from a WA resolution authorizing military or police action is non-canon and will not be run or made "official" by moderators.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm

The RP note is unnecessary; rules should focus on the legality of proposals, not how legit "WA army" RP is. For a proposal to require forum activity for RPing an army would be illegal under metagaming anyway.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:41 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:So, to generate some more discussion, here's a draft re-wording of the rule:

Military and Police Rule

The WA is allowed to take military and police actions, or support member nations in the same. However, proposals cannot be specific "declarations of war" on individual nations or groups. Additionally, any roleplay derived from a WA resolution authorizing military or police action is non-canon and will not be run or made "official" by moderators.

Literally that entire rule is redundant. You could have no rule at all and it would have the same effect as putting THAT in the rulebook.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: The WA Army Rule

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:The RP note is unnecessary; rules should focus on the legality of proposals, not how legit "WA army" RP is. For a proposal to require forum activity for RPing an army would be illegal under metagaming anyway.

The RP note is in there because it seems to be an issue regularly brought up about the WA having police and military powers.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Again I say...

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Rules should focus on the legality of proposals, not how legit "WA army" RP is.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: The WA Army Rule

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:42 pm

That doesn't change that one of the primary reasons given for the rule is that the mods don't want to DM an army. It makes sense to include that, then, in a proposed rewrite.

Take it out for all I care. I've been saying all along that the argument against the rule is nonsensical.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:50 pm

It should be pointed out that mods do not generally police roleplay aside from that which breaks site/forum rules. To specifically set a rule for RP like this would be highly irregular.

But if you're willing to let it go, then great.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly Rules Consortium