NATION

PASSWORD

Keep this forever!

What's your best card combination? Want to suggest new cards? Maybe organize games? You C.A.N. do all that and more, right here!
Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Keep this forever!

Postby Ravenflight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:52 pm

So this is truly awesome and you need to keep Cards Against Nationstates, like properly in some way, not just for an April Fools, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it like you did WA instead of UN!
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Ravenflight wrote:So this is truly awesome and you need to keep Cards Against Nationstates, like properly in some way, not just for an April Fools, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it like you did WA instead of UN!

Uhhh, WA was because they were forced to not use UN references by the actual UN.

This game still has bugs and lack of decent cards. As it is, it needs major improvement. Otherwise, why have this when it's still a lameduck?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravenflight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Zaolat wrote:
Ravenflight wrote:So this is truly awesome and you need to keep Cards Against Nationstates, like properly in some way, not just for an April Fools, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep it like you did WA instead of UN!

Uhhh, WA was because they were forced to not use UN references by the actual UN.

This game still has bugs and lack of decent cards. As it is, it needs major improvement. Otherwise, why have this when it's still a lameduck?

I honestly find it unlikely that on April 1st the UN actually emailed Max Barry and asked him change it, sorry just my opinion, no hate please.
Secondly, ok so Rome wasn't built in a day, we can upgrade and make it better. I don't see why you hate it
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

SillyString
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby SillyString » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Ravenflight wrote:
Zaolat wrote:Uhhh, WA was because they were forced to not use UN references by the actual UN.

I honestly find it unlikely that on April 1st the UN actually emailed Max Barry and asked him change it, sorry just my opinion, no hate please.
Secondly, ok so Rome wasn't built in a day, we can upgrade and make it better. I don't see why you hate it

They sent him a letter, a little while before the first, but he waited until then to announce it. No joke.

Edit: Proof here.

Edit edit: It may have been a scanned email of a real letter. Idk.
Last edited by SillyString on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Ravenflight wrote:
Zaolat wrote:Uhhh, WA was because they were forced to not use UN references by the actual UN.

I don't hate it, I think it's an amazing idea for NS. It just needs improvement, if it remains as it is, I don't think it's worth keeping around. A few of us are crazy CAH players, so while I can accept the more PG-13 levels, it's simply not as fun. That's just opinion on my part and I know at least a few people who share and I get not everyone else will agree.

Also, UN thing did happen.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Discords Equstria
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Discords Equstria » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 pm

This is amazing....It must stay
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:
Discords Equstria wrote:I'll post....Eventually

*procrastination level: Increased*
*Level up: 80*
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:you're sol when it comes to warnick, the others, they may post soon.

Yeah, thanks to the Procrastination Nation over there. *passive-aggressive sigh*

R.I.P Sir Christopher Lee

Justin States
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Justin States » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:15 am

Discords Equstria wrote:This is amazing....It must stay

Agreed
Blekksprutia wrote:I imagine God is partying hard up in Heaven with His cute gay friends because His creations have finally started to get shit right.
Vista Major wrote:God has truly blessed us this day. LGBT Marriage is now legal in the USA, and will hopefully spread to the entire world. Equality and Love rises above hate and ignorance.

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Keep this forever!

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:18 am

It'll probably stay. Just like the Challenge mini-game.
The Prime Hegemony of Kelvaros Prime
Factbook [WIP] | Class H7

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:21 am

If it is to stay I'd advise creating a "minigames" tab alongside The World, Dispatches, Store, Help, News etc.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Considering that they already have online/mobile versions of Cards Against Humanity, not really seeing the point to keeping this around past its expiration date.

Frankly, I miss the April Fools' pranks that actually fooled people, but that's just me.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Considering that they already have online/mobile versions of Cards Against Humanity, not really seeing the point to keeping this around past its expiration date.

Frankly, I miss the April Fools' pranks that actually fooled people, but that's just me.

/2008ceaseanddesist
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Keep it running, please. It's an enjoyable and unique site feature.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Hespero-Belkia
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hespero-Belkia » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Eh....it got old after a few games. I think it's outstayed its welcome

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Cards Against NationStates