14%

Total votes : 277

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Destrovia wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:It was a shitty April Fools feature that constantly crashed the forums because of the load on the gameside servers.

Oh, is that what it was when I was signing up for the first time earlier? I was trying to create this nation and I just figured the servers were really bad.

Yeah. Usually the forums and gameside servers run smoothly; this was just a poorly implemented feature made for April Fools.

Cyyro
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyyro » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Destrovia wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:It was a shitty April Fools feature that constantly crashed the forums because of the load on the gameside servers.

Oh, is that what it was when I was signing up for the first time earlier? I was trying to create this nation and I just figured the servers were really bad.

No, it was a pretty cool april fools joke that some people are upset about for whatever crappy reason.
Providence and Port Hope wrote:Cyrro later!

Rikatan wrote:
Cyyro wrote:I didn't even know it could get this low..
You. You jinxed it.

The Blaatschapen wrote:The problem with congress is that it is full of politicians.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Destrovia wrote:Oh, is that what it was when I was signing up for the first time earlier? I was trying to create this nation and I just figured the servers were really bad.

Yeah. Usually the forums and gameside servers run smoothly; this was just a poorly implemented feature made for April Fools.

It wasn't so much "poorly implemented" as it was causing everyone to want to be online at once, which put a huge amount of traffic on the servers.
piss

Anhur
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Anhur » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Good. Lagged like crap when the game was going, and if it kept going we'd just fill up the entire leaderboard with TEPers given enough time. I did like this idea, though. It was different and fun. I'd like to see something like it in the future (don't know in what capacity, but maybe something smaller that updates less frequently to cut down on the bandwidth)

I have to agree about the updates. Though..... it would take a lot of the challenge away trying to get it exactly at peaks and selling at exactly the right time.

• MoFA for VF/TVF
  • Founder Council of Audax
  • MoFA for the MSU
  • MoJ for Nevthronia
  • Co-Founder of TVF
  • Ambassadors from VF to DSA & CP
  • WAD of Zero Beta
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ih3uo8.jpg - My political compass.
19, omnisexual, ohioian, furry (fennec), gender fluid, spiritual but atheistic, anything else you want to know just ask I am an open book.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Are you glad ByteCoin is over? [poll]

Postby Parhe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm thankful for the work put into it but honestly I am happy it is over. I enjoyed it for a while and wouldn't mind it staying but I had issues with the lag and log out problems. Also it really was a thing where it was entirely based around how early you got in and watching the screen.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

I didn't understand what we were supposed to do, so I just hoarded it.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Cyyro wrote:
Destrovia wrote:Oh, is that what it was when I was signing up for the first time earlier? I was trying to create this nation and I just figured the servers were really bad.

No, it was a pretty cool april fools joke that some people are upset about for whatever crappy reason.

That "crappy reason" is the fact that the forums crashed every twenty minutes and people got randomly logged out because of that shit. That's a pretty good reason if you ask me.

Seaxeland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seaxeland » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes I am. It lagged like fuck.

Nyucia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nyucia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Destrovia wrote:The hell is ByteCoin, and what is it doing on this kind of forum?

Well someone's late!
And what do you mean what it's doing in this forum? Hello, this is the ByteCoin Forum.
Embassy: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=289171
Factbook: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nyucia/detail=factbook
A chain of scattered islands in the pacific
with a very diverse group of people. Been
a nation for almost 41 years.
Atanas, Nyucia, Bakama, Rosario Ale, Lenora, Periastron, Egyptian Christians
Protestant Christian. The bible is more important than church traditions.
I consider myself a centrist libertarian.
Asian culture, South Korea, Korean, Politics, Languages, NS, Writing

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I'll repeat what I said on a Forum 7 posting...

I think it was one of the poorer April Fools pranks (aside from the hacking scare from a few years back). It was complicated to a degree, and required far too much time and energy to actively participate.

And as to what others have said, it really slowed the game down big time, the site lagged a lot.
Last edited by Lancaster of Wessex on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Islamic Commune
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Commune » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:32 pm

HA! I never mined any Bytecoin. Thank Islamic law for that!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=289928&p=19476777&sid=becf328b81c07db18c018d1217eb1fae#p19476777

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 pm

It was fun, but the slow down of the system made raiding temporarily (pretty much) impossible. I'll vote "bad", I suppose.

This:
Nekronia wrote:Bad because I loved it, bad because it lagged like hell and god damn it was addicting and distracting.
Last edited by Nephmir on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Cannidarsa
Envoy

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannidarsa » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

I am glad it's over.. I was having trouble getting on.. It made the whole event really not enjoyable for me.
Вставаймо, браття-українці!
Здіймається на повен зріст!
Ми в рідній хаті - не чужинці!

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Nekronia wrote:Bad because I loved it, bad because it lagged like hell and god damn it was addicting and distracting.

Exactly my sentiments, my compliments to your sentiments!
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Kirkland21
Civilian

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Byte Coin

Postby Kirkland21 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I am glad, the money you gathered during Byte Coin what happened to it? Does it go to you country or? Help please!

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Kirkland21 wrote:I am glad, the money you gathered during Byte Coin what happened to it? Does it go to you country or? Help please!

It was just an April Fools prank. The money is nothing, it was just a one time thing for fun.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm glad, it slowed the game down so much.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Post-Keynesian Economics wrote:In case you didn't see in the news update from Max -

There was some debate about whether the ByteCoin prices were market-driven or just some dumb random algorithm. I can now confirm that a true market mechanism was always the only acceptable option for ByteCoin, up until about March 31 when I realized how hard that was to code. So it was a dumb random algorithm. Except for Titanfall, which was a plan by some big ByteCoin players to try to crash the market by all selling at once, which I caught wind of and simulated to freak them out. That was fun.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Everything's back to normal, so yeah. I was happy about it because it seemed it was intended for people to choose whether they wanted to participate of the tomfoolery or not... then the Forum pretty much crashed and kicked everyone out whenever it felt like it, which just sorta said "see why you really used to hate this date?". So yeah, screw April 1st.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Ao Oni
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ao Oni » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 pm

As much as I understood why other people liked ByteCoin (stock market, heck yeah!), in the end I was really glad. As other people have said, way too much lag and kicked people out.

It's a miracle, really, how people registered today and dealt with the horrible lag.
"It's swell though they tell me I'm maladjusted!" ~Orin Scrivello DDS from Little Shop of Horrors
Steampunk RP!

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Kinda, but I'm mad at you for ripping me off.
Visit Sunalaya!

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm upset that the feature is gone, but happy because performance is way better now.

Also, I couldn't even get onto the forum almost at all for the entire event.
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm glad ByteCoin is done.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

KotkoLandiya
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby KotkoLandiya » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Parhe wrote:I'm thankful for the work put into it but honestly I am happy it is over. I enjoyed it for a while and wouldn't mind it staying but I had issues with the lag and log out problems. Also it really was a thing where it was entirely based around how early you got in and watching the screen.

My thoughts exactly. I enjoyed the 31-st of Oct Z-day event better, because it didn't much matter how early you started doing it (much unlike the first Z-day on 1-st of april), and I didn't have to be watching the screen all the time, still needed an activity. I give that example, because I love money and I hate zombies, and still ByteCoin I didn't enjoy. Besides what difference did it make what exchange you choose? The controls were two pages away, meaning I had to change tabs all the time, and there was no team work (regionwise). Z-day 2 rocked, cause I found an active region that I still <3 and it was nice seeing people work together. This time the team work wasn't really in acheaving a team goal, but was in the form of "I'd do anything if you give me money"..
On the other hand, April 1-st started early for me (EET) and it looked like there won't be any april first event, which made me sad.

So, finally - it was better than a no-april-first-event. Just having the event made me happy enough, but the event didn't have the goals that I look for in a event. :)
4 out of 10 ? I DID participate for a while :)

Keventle
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Keventle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Im not against an in game trade. It was fun, as long as the trade does not:
1)Cause lag
2)move like a real economy
By that I mean it does not go from 100,000 to 2.00 within 45 sec.
3)region oriented
Last edited by Keventle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to ByteCoin Exchange