NATION

PASSWORD

Z-Day Leaderboard should have % not numbers

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Z-Day Leaderboard should have % not numbers

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 am

Numbers of survivors are completely irrelevant without knowing percentages. 3 billion survivors out of 20 billion is less impressive than 200 million survivors out of 700 million. Please measure by percentage rather than number
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Numbers of survivors are completely irrelevant without knowing percentages. 3 billion survivors out of 20 billion is less impressive than 200 million survivors out of 700 million. Please measure by percentage rather than number

Completely disagree. There is the census that measures the percent when you rank regions, while the actual leaderboard is for raw numbers, as it is far far far easier in smaller regions for Z-Day, while larger regions have upticks that on average are far larger than smaller regions.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 am

From a point of pure statistics, there are going to be many more regions occupying the same percentage of survivors than the same exact population count. The top 100 survivors list would just be a hundred random regions that had all survivors at 100%. You can take personal pride in your percentage-wise achievements, but listing the top regions that way would be impractical.
Citizen of Warzone Europe

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center