NATION

PASSWORD

Horrible Event

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Bear Connors Paradiso
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Horrible Event

Postby Bear Connors Paradiso » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:45 pm

I've just been pissed off this whole weekend because of this event due to the horrible choices the devs made this year.

Researching cure does nothing to help your nation - WHY??? This makes zero sense, at the very least stop new zombies from generating. At high levels slightly diminishing the zombie population!!

AFK to go to sleep with 1B (out of 12B) zombies - wake up with no attacks/cures and 8B of my citizens are dead and 4B are zombies. WTF??? Did they all just decide to kill themselves because of this terrible event??? In a region of hundreds of thousands of nations, it is just unrealistic to expect them to monitor every nation for increasing zombie count. Hell, I posted in our RMB many times during the event and still didn't get the time of day to be put on any sort of watch list.

USING CURES/MISSILES/HOARDS SHOULD INCREASE RESEARCH PERCENT. This is the part that blows my mind. What kind of fucking moron decides that the research level should depend of the region as a whole and only update once an hour?? At the absolute minimum, let us earn exp towards research by being active in the event. Then consider our nations population - more people = more research. Then toss on some bonuses (or hindrances) for our accomplishments in scientific advancement/military/healthcare/weaponization/whatever to increase the speed in which we research.

I think next year I'm just going to give Max Barry the finger and go do something else.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Bear Connors Paradiso wrote:I've just been pissed off this whole weekend because of this event due to the horrible choices the devs made this year.

Researching cure does nothing to help your nation - WHY??? This makes zero sense, at the very least stop new zombies from generating. At high levels slightly diminishing the zombie population!!

AFK to go to sleep with 1B (out of 12B) zombies - wake up with no attacks/cures and 8B of my citizens are dead and 4B are zombies. WTF??? Did they all just decide to kill themselves because of this terrible event??? In a region of hundreds of thousands of nations, it is just unrealistic to expect them to monitor every nation for increasing zombie count. Hell, I posted in our RMB many times during the event and still didn't get the time of day to be put on any sort of watch list.

USING CURES/MISSILES/HOARDS SHOULD INCREASE RESEARCH PERCENT. This is the part that blows my mind. What kind of fucking moron decides that the research level should depend of the region as a whole and only update once an hour?? At the absolute minimum, let us earn exp towards research by being active in the event. Then consider our nations population - more people = more research. Then toss on some bonuses (or hindrances) for our accomplishments in scientific advancement/military/healthcare/weaponization/whatever to increase the speed in which we research.

I think next year I'm just going to give Max Barry the finger and go do something else.

I... kind of have to agree. Last year, doing it yourself, you could cure yourself without killing anyone. Did the exact same this year, and my main nation is almost all dead. It seems this year the only way to get cured is from missiles, which ruins the whole concept of making a cure in the first place.
Political alignment: (0,0)

Neutrality United
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neutrality United » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:
Bear Connors Paradiso wrote:I've just been pissed off this whole weekend because of this event due to the horrible choices the devs made this year.

I... kind of have to agree. Last year, doing it yourself, you could cure yourself without killing anyone. Did the exact same this year, and my main nation is almost all dead. It seems this year the only way to get cured is from missiles, which ruins the whole concept of making a cure in the first place.

Same. I kind of thought that's what I was choosing when I picked cure. I didn't realize I'd be dependent on others to keep me alive, although my region has been keeping up with everyone really well, even us little guys. It'd be nice to be capable of curing yourself.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Wait wait wait, are you saying that noodniks that programmed this travesty somehow found a way to make an unfun event less fun? This just doesn't make sense. Surely they couldn't possibly have made it worse. /snark

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Huh, that's odd...
we actually naturally healed over time, down to 0 and no deaths, after looking up a cure - and we didn't even kill anyone!

Admittedly we were hit by about 8 cure missiles or so, before it rose a fair bit again, but we seemed to be fine in the end...

Maybe that changes due to the population?
Plus, I did read that the zombies were supposedly getting smarter - maybe we just lucked out. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jersey Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jersey Republic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:07 pm

They nerfed the curing definitely, last year I could clear nations and millions of people with a moderate and fair speed, this year I would only get 1 million cured with a mk4 cure missile.
i don't really RP on forums, no need for political stances either

Just here to have fun

St Salvador
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby St Salvador » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Weird my nation gradually cured it self over time. Though I do admit it was annoying curing 1 million people at a time.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now.

If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I highly doubt my soul mate is living in Thailand and only a click away.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center