NATION

PASSWORD

Unknown virus strikes Maineiacs

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Unknown virus strikes Maineiacs

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Port-Au-Prince, Antilles Province, Maineiacs:

Jean Beaulieu felt dizzy, disoriented. He staggered along the walkway at Mais Gate Airport and boarded the plane. He had to be in Maineiacs City for... a meeting... He shook his head. He couldn't remember what the meeting was for. He was going to Maineiacs City because he... was... HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!! There was no Jean Beaulieu, there was only IT!!! and IT was hungry for flesh -- for BRAINS!!!!!!!! IT broke free of the strap that held it in a seat, and savored the taste of the woman he attacked. MORE!!!! MUST HAVE MORE!!!! IT was dimly aware of the creatures, no, the FOOD around it screaming. Screaming that was gradually replaced by the moans of others like IT.

237 of THEM staggered off the plane and into Maineacs City International Airport; some shambled through the terminal, others on to other planes...
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:53 pm

From MBC--

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY BROADCAST. HORDES OF DAZED, CANNIBALISTIC PEOPLE HAVE BEGUN TO OVERRUN CITIES THROUGHOUT THE NATION. CITIZENS ARE URGED TO STAY IN THEIR HOMES. PRESIDENT MCDERMOTT HAS DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY AND HAS SUMMONED ARMY CHIEF OF STAFF GEN. BLAKE RACKER AND THE OTHER JOINT CHIEFS TO THE CAPITOL AS MDF (Maineiacs Defence Forces) TROOPS ARE BEING DEPLOYED. REPEAT. ALL CITIZENS ARE REQUESTED TO STAY IN THEIR HOMES AS AUTHORITIES TRY TO CONTAIN THESE SO-CALLED "ZOMBIES".
Last edited by Maineiacs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Allison McDermott felt dizzy ever since that strange man bit her. Her MFIT (Maineiacs Federal Investigations Team) detail had to shoot the man and then got her away. But now she was feeling poorly. She... she... IT HUNGERED!

Ten staffers at the Presidential Residence were bitten before MFIT subdued IT. At MDF HQ in Arlington, Potomac, Anderson McDermott was conferring with the Joint Chiefs when an MFIT agent pulled him aside.

"Sir, You need to return to Maineiacs City immediately. Director Kinsey (head of MFIT) says there's a situation concerning your daughter."
Last edited by Maineiacs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:05 pm

[box]
!

You too, huh? GUN THEM ALL DOWN. That's what we are doing.
[/code]
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:34 am

*post deleted*
Last edited by Maineiacs on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 am

Anderson McDermott paced back and forth in the hall at Maineiacs City General Hospital outside the isolation ward where his 16-year-old daughter, Allison lay restrained to a bed, writhing and moaning. The latest report from MCDC was not encouraging. Nearly 75 million infected, cities being overrun, people fleeing in panic, despite admonitions to not leave their homes. But none of that mattered now. The only thing that mattered lay in that room. Was MCDC making any progress on this cure they claimed to be working on? The people needed it, Allison needed it, and quickly.

MCDC HQ, Atlanta --

"The latest test looks promising, Doctor." said Dr. Tim Borden to Linda Lawrence. the anti-viral looks to be as vigorous as we'd hoped, and the sample of necrotic flesh has returned to its normal state."

"Good. keep monitoring it, and inform me of the results, noting any change or reversion." said Lawrence.

"Yes, Doctor." said Borden "but what about the dispersal problem? We can't send teams out there with syringes injecting the hordes as they pass by."

"No, we can't." said Lawrence. "when the trial run is complete, get Beta team to work on an aerosol suspension."

"Aerosol?" asked Borden. "You mean to rain the cure down on people from an airplane, like crop dusters?"

"No. I have another idea. See to the testing, Tim." she said. She grabbed a passing intern. "Get me through to Defense Forces Command." she said to him.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 pm

"Well, Doctor?" asked Blake Racker, Maineiacs' Chief of Army Staff.

"Whatever this virus is, it's incredibly virulent." said Dr. Linda Lawrence, Director of MCDC (Maineiacs Center for Disease Control). "I've never seen anything so aggressive. It seems especially potent against the brain matter of the tested samples."

"As I thought, then" said Racker. "I will inform the President, along with my recommendation that we mobilize against these "zombies" immediately.

"You misunderstand, General," said Lawrence. "My team and I haven't finished our research yet. It's possible we may be able to use the virus's aggression against it. A treatment derived from these samples could be just as aggressive."

"I don't think you understand the situation on the ground, Doctor." replied Racker. "there are outbreaks in nearly every major city in the country. Port-Au-Prince is nearly totally controlled by these mindless hordes, and everywhere from the High Arctic to the tropical provinces is being overcome with panic. Your own estimates say there may be at least 100 million of them by now (OOC: I don't RP with the 20+ billion my homepage claims I have). They must be stopped. Good day doctor."

As she watched the general leave, Linda immediately got out her cell phone.

"My name is Dr. Linda Lawrence. I am with MCDC (Maineiacs Center for Disease Control). I need to speak with President McDermott immediately on a matter of national security. Mr. President? Linda Lawrence, MCDC. Sir, General Racker is on his way to see you with a report on the 'zombie outbreak'. Sir, he is about to recommend to you a course of action I feel is ill-advised. I'm not sure he understands fully what I told him, so let me give you the full story in case he leaves anything out..."
Last edited by Maineiacs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Another "warhead" detonated overhead. It was nice to know Maineacs' neighbors hadn't forgotten them. "Time to repay the favor", thought research assistant Tim Borden.

"3...2...1... launch." The missle arced skyward, its "warhead" of the cure developed by MCDC on board.

"Are you sure this will work?" asked Tim Borden to his colleague.

"No, but we owe it to our neighbors to try." said Dr. Linda Lawrence, head of the research team that had all but saved Maineiacs from destruction as she glanced up from the field report she had been reading. "This, combined with what we've received from neighboring nations should wipe out the last of this epidemic in short order. They've helped us, now we help them. Let's see if our team was as clever as theirs were."

"Who would have thought that the world would be saved by nations firing missiles at each other." said Borden.

"Well, we may not have ever used missiles as instruments of war, but we had the technology to do so. I do appreciate the irony, however, of something that was once meant to destroy now being used as a positive force." said Linda. "Call up Army Command and report that our latest field estimates put the number of infected at 40 million. Port-au-Prince is now 80% contained."

"Yes, Doctor." he replied.
add 6,928 to post count

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 am

Maineiacs City General Hospital--

Anderson McDermott saluted as the uniformed man approached. He noted the General looked almost as tired as he himself felt.

"Mr. President, we have the latest figures. Looks like the MCDC's efforts have been successful. Our most recent report tallies less than 13 million zombies nationwide. That's a cure rate of 99.7%. We got it just in time, before the epidemic became completely unmanageable. They say the total infection rate exceeded 70%. But, we've heard there are other nations that have nearly 100% infection rates and millions of casualties. There are no large scale outbreaks at this hour, even in parts of Antilles Province, which was particularly hard hit, especially the city of Port-au-Prince, but MCDC says they hope to have the situation neutralized by this time tomorrow. Another interesting thing about this 'disease': those who have recovered report no recollection of anything they experienced while in its grip." said Gen. Blake Racker.

"And casualties?" asked McDermott.

"None reported anywhere sir." said Racker.

"None? You mean we might actually come out of this?" McDermott asked.

"Yes, sir." replied Racker.

"What are the figures here in the city?" asked McDermott.

"Less than 2,000 still infected sir. Hospitals are opening up beds as we speak." said the General.

"That's something, at least." McDermott replied wearliy.

"Sir, if I may be so bold, is there any change in your daughter's condition?" asked Racker.

"Not much, General, although the doctors assure me she'll recover fully. It was kind of you to ask." said McDermott. "Keep me posted on any further developments, and I still want the MCDC to figure out how this 'zombie' thing started."

"Yes, sir." said Racker with a salute.

McDermott sighed, and went back to the window looking in to the room where his 16-year-old daughter, Allison, lay. Her skin still had a sickly-gray pallor, and open, oozing lesions, but the infernal moaning has ceased and she no longer tried to break her restraints. Allison had been one of the first in the city to be infected, and now she was one of the last to still be affected. In her madness, she had bitten no less than 10 staff at the Presdential Residence. McDermott, never a very religious man, nonetheless said a small prayer for her recovery and vowed that if she survived he'd make sure she never knew the full extent of what this affliction had made her do.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center