NATION

PASSWORD

Best anti-zombie weapons?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Lord Tothe
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Best anti-zombie weapons?

Postby Lord Tothe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:45 pm

We are assuming traditional slow, shambling, destroy-the-brain-to-kill-them for this exercise. Fast zombies and smart zombies are another story.

I vote for a .223 or 5.56x45 NATO rifle, probably a bolt-action or single-shot, but an AR-15 clone would offer a higher rate of fire with little accuracy loss and (if maintained...) decent reliability. An AK-74 or other 5.45x39 rifle wouldn't be a bad choice either, due to superior accuracy compared to their 7.62x39 brethren, but you won't be able to raid walmart or dead cops to resupply, and you would have had to already stash hundreds or thousands of surplus rounds beforehand, in which case you're already far more prepared than this discussion will cover I suspect. Sidearm: Whatever floats your boat. If you have to resort to it, you're in trouble already, so go with whatever you're most comfortable using. Melee: You're probably hosed if it comes to this, but a crowbar or framing hammer would probably be the best cheap and effective option.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:[...] TLDR; welcome to the internet. Bicker or GTFO.
"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But that is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities." ~ Thomas Szasz

Das Metro
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Just duct tape scissors to a baseball bat :p

In all seriousness, I'd be in favor of something practical, but with a long enough reach, I would have to worry about getting nipped in the hand. Something like a golf club maybe. Nothing to heavy because I don't want to carry half my own bodyweight :p Could rock it Castlevania style, and go with a whip.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Katanas. Don't you know? They're just better.

Seriously, though. I'd say that autoturrets would be a lifesaver in a zombie apocalypse. It's a shooter that can't be bitten. If mounted to the ground properly, maybe placed near a manhole for maintenance and resupply sake, you could deal some serious damage to the zombie population. Hypothetically speaking, of course. I mean, can we really call ourselves experts in this field?
News of the Hour:
1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Greater Weselton
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:13 pm

The leader of my region apparently thinks that true love should be used against the zombies.
I am not a Nazi in real life.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!
Proud Member of theConfederation of Sovereign Nations

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:14 pm

WMDs

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 pm

I think i'd prefer the XM1014, due to it being a semi-auto shotgun instead of a pump-action. And plus, if you're going to fight the zombies, you'll eventually get to close range.

Of course, there is the ammo issue, but... :/
Hotgrat is now humanverse. The ponyfied version would be Seierus.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Sinovet wrote:FLUFF NUKE!!!!
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

The Nexus of Man wrote:Grats.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Tyrinth
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrinth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Personally, I would go with a semi-automatic (or select-fire), detachable magazine fed rifle in either 9x19 or .223/5.56.
さあ、一緒に狂いましょう。
Ardoki wrote:Hitler was basically a libertarian, he supported the libertarian ideology of social Darwinism.

Chostea
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chostea » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:00 pm

An ATS laser battery on an orbital platform. Of course, there will be civilian casualties, but the people of chostea are willing to sacrifice themselves for their nation
Population: ~110 million
NS stats ≠ My stats. Reading factbooks saves lives!

DEFLEV: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] – Peacetime

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Thriller.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:Thriller.

XD.

What about giant bulldozer/moterbike combo vehicles?

Waterwheel
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waterwheel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 pm

It's all about frag bullets in a 12 gauge shotgun. Aim for the head, watch it explode.
Finish what you start, or you will be the one finished

Ereria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ereria » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 pm

You guys get all fancy and tacticool with the weapons, but let me tell you nothing beats an AK-47 during a zombie apocalypse. It's durable, accepts a huge amount of punishment and the rounds shouldn't be too hard to come by.
"Vatan savunmasında gereğinden fazla merhamet vatana ihanettir."
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Kılıç kınından çıkmadıkça it sürüsü dağılmaz.

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Ereria wrote:You guys get all fancy and tacticool with the weapons, but let me tell you nothing beats an AK-47 during a zombie apocalypse. It's durable, accepts a huge amount of punishment and the rounds shouldn't be too hard to come by.

It is men and women tht win wars not technology
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Atheism.
Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
Proud to be Irish, please telegram me I enjoy getting them.
Casualties showing why supporting Israel is morally corrupt: http://www.countthekids.org/

*The People's Republic of Aryan Union of Celts
*Was Aryan Union of Celts

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Benian Republic wrote:
Ereria wrote:You guys get all fancy and tacticool with the weapons, but let me tell you nothing beats an AK-47 during a zombie apocalypse. It's durable, accepts a huge amount of punishment and the rounds shouldn't be too hard to come by.

It is men and women tht win wars not technology

So we can win wars against aliens by simply throwing a bunch of people at them!

Das Metro
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Kalbana wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:It is men and women tht win wars not technology

So we can win wars against aliens by simply throwing a bunch of people at them!

If you tape sharp objects (like scissors) to said people, probably.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:39 pm

A big hole
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:The leader of my region apparently thinks that true love should be used against the zombies.

:palm:
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 pm

in my opinion, grenade launchers.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:The leader of my region apparently thinks that true love should be used against the zombies.

:palm:

Don't you know that true love is the answer to everything! :p

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Kalbana wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote: :palm:

Don't you know that true love is the answer to everything! :p

I think that people that follow that line of philosophy will end up dying in an unwanted way.

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
Kalbana wrote:Don't you know that true love is the answer to everything! :p

I think that people that follow that line of philosophy will end up dying in an unwanted way.

Sorry to butt in here, but that's not really a hippy thing to say for a place called hippie kiwis.
Last edited by The Eastern Antarctic State on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Serrian
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrian » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Best weapon?

Why, that'd be a flamethrower.

A better weapon, you say?

Why, that's be a flamethrower attached to this
North Arkana wrote:NS's native tech wanker
Now with 45% 47% less wank! (Similar amounts of tech though)
Class D14: Tier 4, Type IV, Superpower

New DeCapito
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Have you guys ever heard of a street sweeper? It's a machine gun that fires shotgun shells.
Liberal, egalitarian. Correct me if I become too outspoken.

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Serrian wrote:Best weapon?

Why, that'd be a flamethrower.

A better weapon, you say?

Why, that's be a flamethrower attached to this

So a flame throwing robot chicken?
This ensues

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:00 am

New DeCapito wrote:Have you guys ever heard of a street sweeper? It's a machine gun that fires shotgun shells.

Yes, the ultimate anti-zombie weapon!

The street sweeper:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center