NATION

PASSWORD

Should zombies be granted rights?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 pm

No. Zombies are the scum of Earth, and must be treated like so. Aka with a bullet.
The State of Inkopolitia

Possessing major influence on Earth ever since the end of World War II, Inkopolitia is characterized by being the homeworld of the Inkling and Octoling races, and being an emerging superpower in an ever-polarizing world.

INKOPOLIS TIMES: The Southeast Asian region descends into anarchy as the governments collapse due to economic turmoil, the HZ-01 virus spreads, and the PRC and Indonesia begin bombing major Southeast Asian cities in an effort to quell the virus' spread. | Inkopolitia to shoot down any refugee watercraft coming from Asia-pacific amidst increased fears that HZ-01 could mutate over to Inklings and Octolings | Approval rates of President Artemia: 52%  |
Female. Almost 15. S+ in all Splat2 modes. In love with females

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Peterloo wrote:As the “zombification” is the result of a virus (and one that can be cured) then it’s idiotic not to look at zombies as ill people, in my opinion. Like anyone suffering from an illness they should be treated and cured with the dignity and respect they deserve.

However the very nature of the virus does make it impossible to attain consent for medical acts, as well as having impacts on the organisation of society - so we have to adapt for the issue. Getting family approval and such simply cannot happen if the outbreak is to be stopped. The government should approach zombies as ill people, but do away with typical procedure in order to do what is best for everyone (this includes overlooking ideas of approval or religious opinion, etc).

Also, given the situation and the “desire” of the zombies to do harm it does seem like overlooking rights and implementing radical measure the use of lethal force on sight, cerfews, border closings and suchlike would be necessary.

So, kind of. But with the greater good in mind. We need to work towards curing them as they deserve, but this doesn’t mean we should oppose gunning down a few walkers. There’s a bigger picture.

I see
I do not use NS stats.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowing is Good. Knowing Everything is Better," is a quote said by President Khoroshev about the state's totalitarian nature.

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Hell no

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm

The Inkopolitian State wrote:No. Zombies are the scum of Earth, and must be treated like so. Aka with a bullet.

What did zombies ever do to you?
I do not use NS stats.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowing is Good. Knowing Everything is Better," is a quote said by President Khoroshev about the state's totalitarian nature.

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm

The Inkopolitian State wrote:No. Zombies are the scum of Earth, and must be treated like so. Aka with a bullet.

Agreed. For the safety of my citizens I’m killing the zombies before they can hurt anyone else
Current Accidental policies (Thanks, Pacomia): Corporal Punishment, Prudism, Child Labor (sort of)
Meme summarizing Athonuna, courtesy of Maori Moon
I'M A BIOLOGICAL MALE THAT DOES NOT THINK THAT HE'S A WOMAN!
NOR AM I KAZAKH ARGENTINA (You know who you are)
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE!
That is all.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Troyskova wrote:

What did zombies ever do to you?

Existing. It's kinda dumb to place the entirety of your non-infected population in jeopardy because of some "cure" that might not even work.
The State of Inkopolitia

Possessing major influence on Earth ever since the end of World War II, Inkopolitia is characterized by being the homeworld of the Inkling and Octoling races, and being an emerging superpower in an ever-polarizing world.

INKOPOLIS TIMES: The Southeast Asian region descends into anarchy as the governments collapse due to economic turmoil, the HZ-01 virus spreads, and the PRC and Indonesia begin bombing major Southeast Asian cities in an effort to quell the virus' spread. | Inkopolitia to shoot down any refugee watercraft coming from Asia-pacific amidst increased fears that HZ-01 could mutate over to Inklings and Octolings | Approval rates of President Artemia: 52%  |

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 pm

The Inkopolitian State wrote:
Troyskova wrote:What did zombies ever do to you?

Existing. It's kinda dumb to place the entirety of your non-infected population in jeopardy because of some "cure" that might not even work.

no.. they deserve to have rights
I do not use NS stats.

DACOROMANIA
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby DACOROMANIA » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Zombies should have only one right - to be cured. Otherwise they're the death plague to all. Even extraterrestrials fears of them. If you don't believe then ask the government. Someone already has that virus in a sealed capsule.
Leader of DACOROMANIA, Founder of Roman Byzantine Union.

I wish to save human race and to build a new nation-state, with ideals like human rights, peace and prosperity for all despite of any difference, avoiding the tyranny and preserving the liberty. To grow, to aid and save each other. Also going interstellar. Even if abandoned by family and nobody cares, I wish to do something important in life before to die, something that may really count.
I'm so alone on Earth and I see how the world may fall into chaos. All looks irrational and immoral. It's a pain to not be able to do anything and to be surrounded by barbarians.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Troyskova wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:Existing. It's kinda dumb to place the entirety of your non-infected population in jeopardy because of some "cure" that might not even work.

The only right they have is the right to have their head filled with bullets. End of discussion
The State of Inkopolitia

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Troyskova wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:Existing. It's kinda dumb to place the entirety of your non-infected population in jeopardy because of some "cure" that might not even work.

Their rights don't trump the rights of the healthy majority. I as a leader refuse to put the rest of my people at risk while the government fails its citizens yet again trying for some arbitrary cure. I'll protect others who try to cure, but if it comes to curing and protecting the majority, I'll gladly do the latter. Zombies are unique because they're a danger to society, and I will not let that danger go unnoticed.
Current Accidental policies (Thanks, Pacomia): Corporal Punishment, Prudism, Child Labor (sort of)
That is all.

Bridgett
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Bridgett » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:10 pm

As the carriers of an infectious disease, they must be quarantined. Patients under quarantine are effectively under forced isolation while maintaining civil rights. If they refuse to be quarantined then they must be killed for the greater good of the community.

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Troyskova wrote:no.. they deserve to have rights

The only right they have is the right to have their head filled with bullets. End of discussion

so a sick person also deserves their head filled with bullets?
I do not use NS stats.

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Troyskova wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:The only right they have is the right to have their head filled with bullets. End of discussion

A zombie and a sick person are two very different categories. A sick person is genuinely disadvantaged and needs help, zombies want to harm society and only think about themselves. It may be a disease, but the similarities end there, and by no means should we treat the two conditions as equal.
That is all.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Troyskova wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:The only right they have is the right to have their head filled with bullets. End of discussion

There's a difference between aiding a sick person with a disease say, like Ebola, and trying to aid someone whose very existence is a threat to the stability of a nation.
The State of Inkopolitia

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Athonuna wrote:
Troyskova wrote:so a sick person also deserves their head filled with bullets?

A zombie and a sick person are two very different categories. A sick person is genuinely disadvantaged and needs help, zombies want to harm society and only think about themselves. It may be a disease, but the similarities end there, and by no means should we treat the two conditions as equal.

and what about mental illness? they also need a head filled with bullets?
I do not use NS stats.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:18 pm

Troyskova wrote:
Athonuna wrote:A zombie and a sick person are two very different categories. A sick person is genuinely disadvantaged and needs help, zombies want to harm society and only think about themselves. It may be a disease, but the similarities end there, and by no means should we treat the two conditions as equal.

and what about mental illness? they also need a head filled with bullets?

Assuming that a mentally ill person is somehow a threat on the same level as a being that is inherently irrational and that's prone to attacking (and infecting) other individuals deserves a gold medal in the mental gymnastics olympics
The State of Inkopolitia

Jerkania
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerkania » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Zombies are violently ill people whom are breaking the laws of the nation. They have to be treated like criminals, and suppressed by the state with force if necessary to preserve public order.

This is the most logical way to humanely solve the problem of zombies as an ethical issue.

Troyskova
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Troyskova » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Troyskova wrote:and what about mental illness? they also need a head filled with bullets?

Assuming that a mentally ill person is somehow a threat on the same level as a being that is inherently irrational and that's prone to attacking (and infecting) other individuals deserves a gold medal in the mental gymnastics olympics

there are mental illnesses like that..
I do not use NS stats.

Athonuna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Athonuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:21 pm

Troyskova wrote:
The Inkopolitian State wrote:Assuming that a mentally ill person is somehow a threat on the same level as a being that is inherently irrational and that's prone to attacking (and infecting) other individuals deserves a gold medal in the mental gymnastics olympics

there are mental illnesses like that..

The difference is, millions of people with this disease don't band together to destroy all of society.
That is all.

Splootan
Lobbyist

Founded: May 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Splootan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

if the zombos are "conscious", then you can rename this thread into "Should mass murderers be granted rights" because the essence of being conscious is doing something with intent. If you pull a quick one on me and say that they aren't knowingful of chomping a kids arm off, it would be considered manslaughter. And no, they shouldn't be given rights as a trade off for their crimes, because they eat human flesh to survive, which in most cases maybe or maybe not be considered cannibalism.
Ex-Councilor of The Democratika
Deviled Egg Recipient - https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1318284
Self prescribed centrist
bold now tilted bold and now important tilted bold

Oswen Ucha
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oswen Ucha » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Zombies deserve the same rights as a serial killer, since they'd kill the same amount if they had the chance.

The Inkopolitian State
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inkopolitian State » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Oswen Ucha wrote:Zombies deserve the same rights as a serial killer, since they'd kill the same amount if they had the chance.

Aka none? Serial killers don't deserve rights either, they violate the NAP
The State of Inkopolitia

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Troyskova wrote:Do zombies fit the criteria to be granted basic civil rights? I believe they do. What are your thoughts?

Are zombies sentient, which is to say, capable of suffering the loss inherent in any failure to continue in a reanimated, brain-consuming state? And, if so, does their preference for brain-consuming necessarily override the presumed preference on the part of others of not having their brains eaten?

I assume answering the second question will require capturing some zombies and tying them to trolley tracks. I don't volunteer for the job. Fortunately, given Romero and Kirkman's extensive researches, I'd suspect we can answer the first question with a "no," and simply conclude that zombies are not rights-carrying persons.
Last edited by Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: While Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners have a smart navigation system that avoids obstacles, the robot may occasionally bump into furniture, objects, pets and ideological assumptions. Therefore, if you have special objects and assumptions that could potentially be damaged by the bumping, remove these objects and assumptions from the room or use boundary markers. Additionally, refrain from looking into laser vision system with remaining eye.

Syeadeshistania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Syeadeshistania » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:28 pm

No, fuck civil rights.
PRO: Authoritarianism, nationalism, general friendliness between Muslims and Christians, polygamy (applied to males only)
ANTI: Israeli occupation of Palestine, Kosovo independence, Ukrainian independence, white people in Africa

tier 6 civilization according to this index
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018

Blargoblarg
Minister

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Zombies are just humans who are sick, and they should be cured as soon as possible.
Free Palestine
Claudia De la Cruz 2024 Article about her here
Major study finds that America is an oligarchy, not a democracy In other words, Democrats and Republicans are both right-wing capitalists owned by the wealthy.
"Workers of the world, unite!" -Marx and Engels
You can read The State and Revolution by Lenin for free here
My 8values results My leftvalues results
I am autistic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center