NATION

PASSWORD

[Summit #1] Comments on the summit agenda [OPEN]

For structured discussion and debate about the future of "raider/defender" gameplay.

Advertisement

Remove ads

AS22
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby AS22 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Jakker wrote:I think Lyanna's point is something important to keep in mind:

First, in reply to [violet], I don’t believe that large or complicated changes are necessary to make this game ‘interesting and fun’. Changes surely need to be made, but most would seem to be moderate in the greater scheme of things, at least as I see things. We don’t have to turn the game completely upside down in order to spice up the R/D world.
Full post can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=12092102#p12092102

For what I've gathered, some of the main points being brought up is to reduce tag raiding, increase stealth raiding, increase native agency, decreasing piling, and decrease griefing. While I agree with this agenda, I think this can be done without too much change. In terms of reducing tag raiding, if scripts that auto-logged in nations and answered issues were made illegal, it would greatly reduce tag raiding. The script is used to keep hundreds of nations alive to pinpoint update time. Without the script, this would be more harder to maintain and boom, tag raiding still happens, but it needs to be done the old fashion way of maintaining your own triggers and then tagging will decrease. Also, if a raider or defender refounded a region, they will mostly likely use a script like this. Getting rid of it would make things interesting for everyone.

Secondly, in terms of promoting stealth raiding, just get rid of the script that allows someone to check track of endorsements in a region. Make people do it the old fashion way. This will allow sleepers a greater chance of being under the radar and thus stealth raiding will be done more if people know there's a greater chance that they won't get caught.

I would just say that making these scripts "illegal" is not easy to do from an enforceability perspective...for a lot of reasons.

I think the way to go is change how the game operates or what data is offers on its side, because I don't think these scripts are going away.

So for example, in terms of stealth...I wouldn't say "outlaw scanners" because I don't think that can be enforced well. What you could do is change things to how/what happenings are displayed, so that at the end of the day a scanner isn't going to pick up on anything even if it is being run.

There will always be a subset which gets away with the scripting because it is hard to enforce, and if you outlaw them than you're only rewarding their illegality by granting them benefits vis-a-vis legal players.
Biyah does not want you to see THIS (scroll all the way down)
[20:52] <PurpleHaze> r u trying to recruit me Unibot?
[20:53] <Unibot> ....
[20:53] * Unibot looks around.
[20:53] <PurpleHaze> i thought u'd know from my IP
[20:53] <Unibot> Errrmm..
[20:53] <Unibot> <_<
[20:53] <Unibot> >_>
[20:53] <PurpleHaze> I am Anur-Sanur/Hax/Horak/Frak
[20:53] <Unibot> Ahhhhhhh
[20:53] <PurpleHaze> and your mother
[20:53] * Unibot runs. :P
[20:53] <PurpleHaze> tee hee
[20:54] * PurpleHaze kisses Unibot