NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:45 pm

Tesserach wrote:We all qualify, I might skate on the warfare one since Nux took the bullet on that one and I'm riding his coat tails.

Luther's obliteration of mesopotamia into a thunder dome type scenario gives me carte blanche to be a liiiittle villainous
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:09 pm

alright, enough stalling through Kenshi. Time to light another war in Spain.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Melon Heads
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2022
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Melon Heads » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:35 am

Found a post on /AskReddit, "You're given immortality but as a cost you are sent back 3000 years - would you accept and what would you do?" https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1bvg1wv/youre_given_immortality_but_as_a_cost_you_are/

Reminded me of New Civs cause (broad gesture), made me laugh though that the top comment was 'Invest in Apple, back then it was just a fruit.'
They/He Pronouns
Code: Select all
You said I could have anything I wanted, but I just couldn’t say it out loud.
Actually, you said Love, for you, is larger than the usual romantic love. It’s like a religion. It’s  terrifying. No one will ever want to sleep with you.
Okay, if you’re so great, you do it— here’s the pencil, make it work . . .
Build me a city and call it Jerusalem. Build me another and call it Jerusalem.
We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought, so do it over, give me another version.
The entire history of human desire takes about seventy minutes to tell.
Unfortunately, we don’t have that kind of time.
-Richard Siken

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm

Would some features of our authors abilities be inherited by their children? Would they age slower and be able to learn languages faster, for example?
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:14 pm

Orostan wrote:Would some features of our authors abilities be inherited by their children? Would they age slower and be able to learn languages faster, for example?

I dont believe so, no. They are just as mortal as everyone else
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melon Heads
Envoy

Postby Melon Heads » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:30 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Orostan wrote:Would some features of our authors abilities be inherited by their children? Would they age slower and be able to learn languages faster, for example?

I dont believe so, no. They are just as mortal as everyone else

I know some Authors have been able to bestow (inadvertently or otherwise) their immortality to one other person but I'm not sure how prevelant that is, if every author can/does do that.
They/He Pronouns
Actually, you said Love, for you, is larger than the usual romantic love. It’s like a religion. It’s  terrifying. No one will ever want to sleep with you.
We have come back from Jerusalem where we found not what we sought, so do it over, give me another version.
-Richard Siken

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2021

Postby Tesserach » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:37 pm

Melon Heads wrote:I know some Authors have been able to bestow (inadvertently or otherwise) their immortality to one other person but I'm not sure how prevelant that is, if every author can/does do that.

I have a plan to do something similar but in a way that left it quite ambiguous as to whether the person was actually immortal or whether there was some Princess Bride, Dread Pirate Roberts succession shinanigans going on.
Pndapetzim

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:06 pm

Melon Heads wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:I dont believe so, no. They are just as mortal as everyone else

I know some Authors have been able to bestow (inadvertently or otherwise) their immortality to one other person but I'm not sure how prevelant that is, if every author can/does do that.

I recall that it was done by emotional attachment. I already know what I want to do with that, what I'm wondering is if the descendants of an author for a few generations at least would live longer and have some part of the author's abilities. Maybe it would become so diluted after two or three generations that there would be no visible effect. It would be game breaking for people to realize that its hereditary and start playing crusader kings to keep it around as long as possible though.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:37 pm

Orostan wrote:
Melon Heads wrote:

I recall that it was done by emotional attachment. I already know what I want to do with that, what I'm wondering is if the descendants of an author for a few generations at least would live longer and have some part of the author's abilities. Maybe it would become so diluted after two or three generations that there would be no visible effect. It would be game breaking for people to realize that its hereditary and start playing crusader kings to keep it around as long as possible though.

No I dont believe so. And the immortality boon for one individual does not also carry the other author abilities sans healing power. As far as Im aware. Id consult Gtech for further clarity
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melon Heads
Envoy

Postby Melon Heads » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:40 pm

Orostan wrote:
Melon Heads wrote:

Also, if an Authors children also had the immortality or other powers, that would make G-Techs Imperium even more powerful, and I don't think you want that. : P
They/He Pronouns
-Richard Siken

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:47 pm

Orostan wrote:I recall that it was done by emotional attachment. I already know what I want to do with that, what I'm wondering is if the descendants of an author for a few generations at least would live longer and have some part of the author's abilities. Maybe it would become so diluted after two or three generations that there would be no visible effect. It would be game breaking for people to realize that its hereditary and start playing crusader kings to keep it around as long as possible though.

No I dont believe so. And the immortality boon for one individual does not also carry the other author abilities sans healing power. As far as Im aware. Id consult Gtech for further clarity

+1

Quite correct, minus the non-transference of other abilities. A single individual to whom an Author is strongly emotionally bonded, intentionally or unintentionally, can gain the same preservation against the ravages of time as an Author.

Mind you, there should be some very minor genetic advantages to the children of Authors, a degree of resilience against epidemic diseases, better growth patterns, etc. But nothing strongly noticeable or supernatural, just the advantages of five thousand more years of human genetic drift and good nutrition.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Melon Heads
Envoy

Postby Melon Heads » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:48 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:No I dont believe so. And the immortality boon for one individual does not also carry the other author abilities sans healing power. As far as Im aware. Id consult Gtech for further clarity

+1

Quite correct, minus the non-transference of other abilities. A single individual to whom an Author is strongly emotionally bonded, intentionally or unintentionally, can gain the same preservation against the ravages of time as an Author.

Mind you, there should be some very minor genetic advantages to the children of Authors, a degree of resilience against epidemic diseases, better growth patterns, etc. But nothing strongly noticeable or supernatural, just the advantages of five thousand more years of human genetic drift and good nutrition.

Semi relevant question- does it have to be a human that gets the immortality Boon? If nothing else, I think it'd be a bit hilarious if someone accidentally made their donkey immortal.
They/He Pronouns
-Richard Siken

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:57 pm

Melon Heads wrote:Semi relevant question- does it have to be a human that gets the immortality Boon? If nothing else, I think it'd be a bit hilarious if someone accidentally made their donkey immortal.

Someone made a dog immortal I think.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Hanajima
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2023
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Hanajima » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:47 am

No Übermensch babies for you.
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif (he/him)
Li Zhi wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tesserach » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:41 am

Hanajima wrote:

Everyone knows author genes are recessive. You need two authors to make author babies.
Pndapetzim

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:18 am

Tesserach wrote:
Hanajima wrote:

Everyone knows author genes are recessive. You need two authors to make author babies.

:unsure:

Melon Heads
Envoy

Postby Melon Heads » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:23 pm

Tesserach wrote:

:unsure:

We don't really know how these Author powers would transfer over though in that situation. The Authors don't age. Would hypothetical Authorlings just be stuck as neonates forever?
They/He Pronouns
-Richard Siken

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tesserach » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:26 pm

I am imagining little homunculi that become engaged in Fantastic Voyage-esque adventures.
Pndapetzim

Great Kerguelen Islands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2024

Postby Great Kerguelen Islands » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am

I have decided to rework my character from practically zero.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm

Great Kerguelen Islands wrote:I have decided to rework my character from practically zero.

Awsome! Let us know what you decide to change!

Great Kerguelen Islands
Envoy

Postby Great Kerguelen Islands » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:44 pm

Great Kerguelen Islands wrote:I have decided to rework my character from practically zero.

Awsome! Let us know what you decide to change!

This character wasn’t a version of me. So I decided to create a better
Last edited by Great Kerguelen Islands on Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:26 pm

Great Kerguelen Islands wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Awsome! Let us know what you decide to change!

This character wasn’t a version of me. So I decided to create a better

we love to see it. If you feel like it post a new character app. So we can get a new idea

Great Kerguelen Islands
Envoy

Postby Great Kerguelen Islands » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

WIP
Author Application
Name: (ancient) Sebast Legrast
Height and Weight:
1m83 | 78 kg
Physical Description:

Prior Profession:
Level of Education - Formal or Informal:
Good
Physique:

sporty, slender figure, slightly imposing, visible muscles, attractive according to some,

Useful Skills:
Can speak French, English, Latin, a little bit of Greek, know how to survive in nature good at parkour and climbing
National Origin:
France
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?:
Studying
Description of Personality:
School and sport lover, determined, always helping, unstable mood but generally happy, quite charismatic, sociable.
Where in the world are you landing?:
Sri Lanka, near of the city of Kandya

Autobiography/Biography:

Writing Sample:
Don’t really have

What are your intentions for this RP; what do you think your Author will seek to accomplish?:
Build a kingdom
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:
Siddartha Gautama, Ashoka, Sargon
Why did you chose to land where you did?:
Because it’s fun to land in an « unknown area »
What vibe should we get from your civilization and its culture, if you seek to establish one?:
15 % Mesopotamian 25 % Indus 40 % indian 20 % original
What are your character's motivations?:
Build a good society and become a leader.
Theme Song?: No
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
All diplomatic things, civilization building
Last edited by Great Kerguelen Islands on Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tesserach » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

New author homunculus confirmed.
Pndapetzim

Melon Heads
Envoy

Postby Melon Heads » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 pm

Tesserach wrote:New author homunculus confirmed.

Not gonna lie, whenever you say homonculus or homonculi it just reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ╭( ๐ _๐)╮
They/He Pronouns
-Richard Siken

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse