NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Based Illinois
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Based Illinois » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Based Illinois wrote:A while ago I put down an app, and even an introductory post for a Minnesota based Author.

Would I be able to continue on where I left off, if I re dropped by app?

Certainly - I recall your application and intro. Would be happy to have you continue; I would just work as if there was no timeskip for you, since you were still in the throes of an introduction to your fellow. We can just retcon as if he landed in the present date.

Fantastic. I'll try and get my author back up from the old OOC in a bit. I'm currently working on my follow up post to the intro.

Good to see we finally have some American Authors.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:08 pm

Also coming in here, this is the one I was really looking forward to. Hey everyone! Also is it just me, or is the map kinda off?
Last edited by Alaroma on Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:34 pm

Alaroma wrote:Also coming in here, this is the one I was really looking forward to. Hey everyone! Also is it just me, or is the map kinda off?

Glad to have you back.

The map should be reasonably accurate - anywhere strike you in particular?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 pm

Alaroma wrote:Also coming in here, this is the one I was really looking forward to. Hey everyone! Also is it just me, or is the map kinda off?

Glad to have you back.

I’m not seeing it come up for me, which is odd

Edit: Nvm got it working. And I see the failures of the past.

Edit 2: What year is it by the way?
Last edited by Alaroma on Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:12 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Glad to have you back.

I’m not seeing it come up for me, which is odd

Ah, good to hear - I was at a loss for troubleshooting a normal imagehost like imgur heh.

We're all the way up to 2950 BCE, fifty years after the first Authors meandered down through the ether. You should talk to Saxony - they know most of what has been going on in Aksum's neck of the woods, if you're interested in continuing with that storyline.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 pm

Cabalgaras wrote:some questions i have , regarding to possible future development with my South American tribe.

Apologies for the delay on this!

South American Locust

The drawbacks you note are important - first in terms of containment, and then in terms of sustainable breeding. Domestication, in general terms, relies to a degree upon being able to instill in (most) domestic animals a form of social relationship with their human domesticators, to prevent fight/flight responses which either endanger the domesticator or render harvesting difficult. Insects, for a variety of relatively straightforward reasons, aren't really capable of domestication in that sense.

Capybara

Capybaras are definitely in the midrange for domestication - probably worth doing, but whether or not it will be functionally worth the effort in the majority of situations is more questionable. They're not the easiest creatures to contain, and their environment is fairly demanding for human co-habitation. The swampy floodplains they prefer would usually be difficult to build a society atop, in terms of material demands, which is a disincentive to their keeping in the close proximity to their domesticators which a strong food-producing margin would demand. They also have an irritating habit toward infanticide which makes keeping herds difficult. Still, in select circumstances they're probably a good choice.

Peccary

Peccaries run into a broadly similar problem to capys in terms of infanticide and relatively labor-intense raising, but they're probably your best candidate overall - their main drawbacks come from their small litter sizes and small size in terms of body mass. It'll take more generations to find suitably domesticable individuals if you can only choose from 1-3 offspring as compared to, say, Old World pigs, and during that elongated selection time the actual calorie returns on the pigs are not great. Pigs are great livestock because they eat agricultural castoff, but you need a society which is producing large amounts of agricultural castoff before you're no longer burning good forage on dubiously nutritious animals.

Snails
Woodlice

I can't say I'm familiar with the domestication of either of these, sadly. However, just by analogy, I'd hazard a guess that you'll struggle to extract meaningful caloric density in terms of man-hours worked from harvesting and prep in these cases. Categorically, extracting nutrients from smaller creatures see upward trends in calories invested in preparation of the animal products, and snails and woodlice are definitely at the lower end of that scale. We rely on industrial pulping and separating for food prep in smaller creatures in the modern day for valid reasons.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:01 pm

Alaroma wrote:I’m not seeing it come up for me, which is odd

Ah, good to hear - I was at a loss for troubleshooting a normal imagehost like imgur heh.

We're all the way up to 2950 BCE, fifty years after the first Authors meandered down through the ether. You should talk to Saxony - they know most of what has been going on in Aksum's neck of the woods, if you're interested in continuing with that storyline.

Got it, good to know. May need to do a tldr with them. Last I remember was the setting up of a governing structure that befitted a true kingdom, infrastructure projects with questionable labor practices, and setting up an education system with the writing press having been made. The consolidation of the church was ongoing too and ofc, there was burgeoning Naval aspirations.

Edit: What are the population levels right about now?

Edit 2; I also had a Sumerian princess marry my crown prince, an alliance established with Sumer, and marrying into Egypt’s royal famil.
Last edited by Alaroma on Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:42 pm

Alaroma wrote:

Got it, good to know. May need to do a tldr with them. Last I remember was the setting up of a governing structure that befitted a true kingdom, infrastructure projects with questionable labor practices, and setting up an education system with the writing press having been made. The consolidation of the church was ongoing too and ofc, there was burgeoning Naval aspirations.

Edit 2; I also had a Sumerian princess marry my crown prince, an alliance established with Sumer, and marrying into Egypt’s royal famil.

I generally side on the notion that most civilizational development occurs with active posting, and so while you may see some passive growth between then and now- id prefer it if much of it has stayed relatively the same. You can ofc post about processes developing but we like to see major gains like domesticated species or crops or industries well written out. Populaiton has probably seen a decent to small rate of growth, i wouldnt assume any explosions given you havent been posting there lately.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:46 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Got it, good to know. May need to do a tldr with them. Last I remember was the setting up of a governing structure that befitted a true kingdom, infrastructure projects with questionable labor practices, and setting up an education system with the writing press having been made. The consolidation of the church was ongoing too and ofc, there was burgeoning Naval aspirations.

I generally side on the notion that most civilizational development occurs with active posting, and so while you may see some passive growth between then and now- id prefer it if much of it has stayed relatively the same. You can ofc post about processes developing but we like to see major gains like domesticated species or crops or industries well written out. Populaiton has probably seen a decent to small rate of growth, i wouldnt assume any explosions given you havent been posting there lately.

Is it fair to say my civilization is going down the path I set it down? I get nothing new or crazy happening, though a lot of my projects kinda needed time to fully or partially mature. New things needing more posting makes sense, though things that were developed and grounded expanding seems fair. Albeit, I’m willing to hear the consensus that one
-Nuverkikstan

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:03 pm

Alaroma wrote:

Is it fair to say my civilization is going down the path I set it down? I get nothing new or crazy happening, though a lot of my projects kinda needed time to fully or partially mature. New things needing more posting makes sense, though things that were developed and grounded expanding seems fair. Albeit, I’m willing to hear the consensus that one

Id say so, yeah. I dont think youd see much expansion for instance in territory. But the processes youve set about probably have continued
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:09 pm

Alaroma wrote:Is it fair to say my civilization is going down the path I set it down? I get nothing new or crazy happening, though a lot of my projects kinda needed time to fully or partially mature. New things needing more posting makes sense, though things that were developed and grounded expanding seems fair. Albeit, I’m willing to hear the consensus that one

Id say so, yeah. I dont think youd see much expansion for instance in territory. But the processes youve set about probably have continued

My borders are quite wonderful rn, having time to work on the stuff I set in place suits me just fine. More importantly, there’s a particular character arc that needs addressing. Though I’d like to get some numbers down for how many people live in our wonderful land.

Edit: the aqueduct project must also be finished too. Holy shit, I’ve got a lot of stuff to consolidate.
Last edited by Alaroma on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:11 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gash_Group

If I had to guess, the rise of Aksum unceremoniously ended the Gash Group culture, integrating them peaceful cooperation and conquest.

At this rate, I’m gonna focus on taking a dive deeper into our holdings in the Nile. Also exploring relationships abroad via trade and with Egypt.
-Nuverkikstan

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2021

Postby Tesserach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:17 pm

I'm all for the rise of a new abyssinian dynasty
Pndapetzim

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:59 am

I've participated on this series twice a couple of years back. Fell out of activity after a few months each. I am stunned at how commited you guys are to this. I would consider doing a third run if there are no issues with my poor record.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tesserach » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 am

Glory to the old gods
Pndapetzim

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:35 am

Arlye Austros wrote:I've participated on this series twice a couple of years back. Fell out of activity after a few months each. I am stunned at how commited you guys are to this. I would consider doing a third run if there are no issues with my poor record.

Always happy to have you back, provided you swear on pain of death never to leave again.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:19 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:I've participated on this series twice a couple of years back. Fell out of activity after a few months each. I am stunned at how commited you guys are to this. I would consider doing a third run if there are no issues with my poor record.

Always happy to have you back, provided you swear on pain of death never to leave again.

Sounds like a good deal.

I am still tempted to remake the Tartessian civilization. Would need to reactivate one of the two characters I had in the area who managed to create some sort of copper age league.
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:22 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:

Sounds like a good deal.

I am still tempted to remake the Tartessian civilization. Would need to reactivate one of the two characters I had in the area who managed to create some sort of copper age league.

Iberia is definitely a part of the world that could use some love! Mind you, since it has been (40?) odd years since that League formed, and nothing has been heard since... there'd probably be an implied collapse in there you'd need to recover from.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:25 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:Sounds like a good deal.

Iberia is definitely a part of the world that could use some love! Mind you, since it has been (40?) odd years since that League formed, and nothing has been heard since... there'd probably be an implied collapse in there you'd need to recover from.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=459908&p=35856541&hilit=Fintel#p35856541 this one

Yeah. I need to have a clear picture of any 3rd parties intervention or influence in the area -if any.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:21 am

Tesserach wrote:I'm writing up my first 2950 post and Aradin is going to start doing some probing of the boundaries of reality here.

He's conducting a number of language based experiments based around our 'language powers', and I need definitive answers to the following tests he's doing.

1) Is our ability to speak a language dependent on the vocabulary of the person we are speaking with? Or can we utilize the full range of that language as it exists regardless of limitations of the listener? Is there a range limit? Can we talk to ourselves in strange languages? Do we need to hear it, or is it enough for someone to simply know the language for us to talk to them in it?
Test 1: Speaking with someone with language deficit
Test 2: Speaking with someone with limited vocabulary
Test 3: Foreigners

If 'yes'

Then
2) Can we discern information about the knowledge base of those within the listener's language group by what vocabulary we are able to utilize?

For example, can Aradin narrow down his search for sulfur - for example - by asking travellers from other tribes/regions whether they know of sulfur/brimstone. Because either he can speak the word, or he has to default to english or describing elemental sulfur as like a weird, flaky, yellow, possibly stinky porous rock.

I'll say too, this isn't just about his search for chemical reagents - if this language ability allows us to, indirectly, tap information held by groups of people we have no contact with... this is going to radically affect his perception of reality.

Sorry for the delay on this Tess - thought of your answer, then forgot to post it.

The answer is pretty straightforward - the answer is about communication. If you're speaking to someone, you'll know exactly as much of the language as you need to communicate competently with them. From that standpoint, if they don't know a word (and thus it would be meaningless to them), then your communication wouldn't be aided by knowing that word, and thus you wouldn't know it either.

So, from that principle, your questions are straightforwardly answered. So your ability is limited, short range, and not applicable to self-speech. Think of it as a universal translator, not actual knowledge of the language.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:53 am

So, I added info to the APP including the eevents from the last time we saw this guy.
This is the current situation map I propose.
https://imgur.com/a/ZKTfeQm

Name: Diego Fintel
Height and Weight: 1,67m, 74 kg
Skin, hair, and eye description: Light-brown skin. Brown straight hair, brown eyes.

Prior Profession:
Former Law Student
Level of education: Incomplete College Education for a Law Degree with International Politics Minor.
Physique description: Diego is slightly overweight but has some physical activity history, with strong legs and back. His stamina is slightly above average and not unused to effort, able to mentally push his desire to give up effort for some unusual time for his overall condition. Quite weak in terms of strength when it comes to lifting or pushing heavy objects. Has a good English and some basic German skills.
Useful skills: Good knowledge of geography and some basics for survival such as procuring food and orientation. Also, a proficient singer. Diego is able to do some basic engineering as well, like fixing wheels and applying mortar for basic constructions.

National Origin: Chile
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Was on a visit to Germany in the middle of a vocational hiatus.
Description of personality: Although naturally light-spirited and cheerful, Diego has been going through some emotional downhill due to a frustrated Law Career. He is a second-guesser, constantly revisiting his choices with increasing rationality, thus generally insecure, but stubborn on his longest-thought choices. Although not a natural leader, is willing to go up to a leading task when needed, and is not a complete failure at it.
Where in the world are you landing?: Almería, Spain.

Autobiography/Biography: Diego was born in a struggling middle-classed family that was on the way of improving their situation, moving to the capital of the country at his early age and able to put him in a good private institution. He grew up catching up to the heavy expectations of his family, friends and school, and joined a local University to become a Lawyer, genuinely interested in History, Politics and Society. In his spare time he joined a hiking club, and spent several weekends a year outdoors. In college he met his girlfriend, Francisca, with whom he assisted lectures and study groups, but turned out to be faster and better at the career. Without realizing, the relationship turned into one of competition, and after being constantly at the losing side, Diego finally broke up with her, short before giving up his career entirely, as he no longer felt attracted to the prospect of being a lawyer. Still interested in history, culture and languages, he decided to learn German, and after some improvement, travelled to Hamburg, Germany.

After waking up: Diego wandered alone until being found by a small group belonging to an early Chalcolitic village called Ors-Lakoshkan, a somewhat militaristic group. Upon being taken there he was integrated into the society as a slave. It took him some time to realize his location in space and time. Short afterwards, the family under which he served carried out a coup and took power, while the town’s warriors expanded its control onto other groups.
Years later, Diego had become the overseer of the ruling family -the Iarsken’khs- and saw the death of the elder brother, and the murder of the third in the hands of the second, as a result of a rift between the diplomatic approach of the younger brother and the militaristic desires of the second.
Diego escaped Ors-Lakoshkan with a holy horn, a group of hostages from nearby tribes, slaves who wished to flee back to their homes and those who would wish to resist the rule of Bireiün, the second brother and High Priest. The group went into the Guadalquivir valley and joined the conflict against the Lakosshkan expansion.
In time, a settlement was founded alongside the River, it was named Gardubba, and agglutinated the organization of a League to oppose Bireiün.
Seventeen years after his appearance, Diego set off to the sea, trying to find sources of new metal. He wasn’t seen since then, and no reports came after he crossed the great river to the north.

Since then, the League continued its fight with Ors-Lakoshkan. However in time their influence on the valley diminished, and now Gardubba is one of many settlements in the area with just a nominal supremacy. Lakosshkan raids continued after Bireiün’s death, although their power also diminished greatly in the coming years.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To reintroduce Diego and lead the Gardubban League to found Tartessos.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: From people, friends, relatives and myself.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Decided to land in a place an actual archaeological site exists.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: I still haven’t decided, but it will probably move along the lines of ancient Pheonicians and their Iberian contemporaneous.
What are your character's motivations?: Other than finding out what the actual frickity frack just happened, trying to come to terms with the fact he isn’t going back and finding out the role he is to fulfil in the world he’s just been given.
After the founding of the League, try to lead it into a safe future.
Theme Song?: Nay
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
Last edited by Arlye Austros on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:31 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:So, I added info to the APP including the eevents from the last time we saw this guy.
This is the current situation map I propose.
https://imgur.com/a/ZKTfeQm

Name: Diego Fintel
Height and Weight: 1,67m, 74 kg
Skin, hair, and eye description: Light-brown skin. Brown straight hair, brown eyes.

Prior Profession:
Former Law Student
Level of education: Incomplete College Education for a Law Degree with International Politics Minor.
Physique description: Diego is slightly overweight but has some physical activity history, with strong legs and back. His stamina is slightly above average and not unused to effort, able to mentally push his desire to give up effort for some unusual time for his overall condition. Quite weak in terms of strength when it comes to lifting or pushing heavy objects. Has a good English and some basic German skills.
Useful skills: Good knowledge of geography and some basics for survival such as procuring food and orientation. Also, a proficient singer. Diego is able to do some basic engineering as well, like fixing wheels and applying mortar for basic constructions.

National Origin: Chile
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Was on a visit to Germany in the middle of a vocational hiatus.
Description of personality: Although naturally light-spirited and cheerful, Diego has been going through some emotional downhill due to a frustrated Law Career. He is a second-guesser, constantly revisiting his choices with increasing rationality, thus generally insecure, but stubborn on his longest-thought choices. Although not a natural leader, is willing to go up to a leading task when needed, and is not a complete failure at it.
Where in the world are you landing?: Almería, Spain.

Autobiography/Biography: Diego was born in a struggling middle-classed family that was on the way of improving their situation, moving to the capital of the country at his early age and able to put him in a good private institution. He grew up catching up to the heavy expectations of his family, friends and school, and joined a local University to become a Lawyer, genuinely interested in History, Politics and Society. In his spare time he joined a hiking club, and spent several weekends a year outdoors. In college he met his girlfriend, Francisca, with whom he assisted lectures and study groups, but turned out to be faster and better at the career. Without realizing, the relationship turned into one of competition, and after being constantly at the losing side, Diego finally broke up with her, short before giving up his career entirely, as he no longer felt attracted to the prospect of being a lawyer. Still interested in history, culture and languages, he decided to learn German, and after some improvement, travelled to Hamburg, Germany.

After waking up: Diego wandered alone until being found by a small group belonging to an early Chalcolitic village called Ors-Lakoshkan, a somewhat militaristic group. Upon being taken there he was integrated into the society as a slave. It took him some time to realize his location in space and time. Short afterwards, the family under which he served carried out a coup and took power, while the town’s warriors expanded its control onto other groups.
Years later, Diego had become the overseer of the ruling family -the Iarsken’khs- and saw the death of the elder brother, and the murder of the third in the hands of the second, as a result of a rift between the diplomatic approach of the younger brother and the militaristic desires of the second.
Diego escaped Ors-Lakoshkan with a holy horn, a group of hostages from nearby tribes, slaves who wished to flee back to their homes and those who would wish to resist the rule of Bireiün, the second brother and High Priest. The group went into the Guadalquivir valley and joined the conflict against the Lakosshkan expansion.
In time, a settlement was founded alongside the River, it was named Gardubba, and agglutinated the organization of a League to oppose Bireiün.
Seventeen years after his appearance, Diego set off to the sea, trying to find sources of new metal. He wasn’t seen since then, and no reports came after he crossed the great river to the north.

Since then, the League continued its fight with Ors-Lakoshkan. However in time their influence on the valley diminished, and now Gardubba is one of many settlements in the area with just a nominal supremacy. Lakosshkan raids continued after Bireiün’s death, although their power also diminished greatly in the coming years.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To reintroduce Diego and lead the Gardubban League to found Tartessos.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: From people, friends, relatives and myself.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Decided to land in a place an actual archaeological site exists.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: I still haven’t decided, but it will probably move along the lines of ancient Pheonicians and their Iberian contemporaneous.
What are your character's motivations?: Other than finding out what the actual frickity frack just happened, trying to come to terms with the fact he isn’t going back and finding out the role he is to fulfil in the world he’s just been given.
After the founding of the League, try to lead it into a safe future.
Theme Song?: Nay
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

This all broadly seems fine to me. Those areas of influence might be a bit too large for Neolithic villages in the relatively populous Iberian south, but nominal areas of influence they’re just fine as. J’accept.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:45 pm

G, any update on my population estimates?
-Nuverkikstan

Tesserach
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Tesserach » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Sorry for the delay on this Tess - thought of your answer, then forgot to post it.

The answer is pretty straightforward - the answer is about communication. If you're speaking to someone, you'll know exactly as much of the language as you need to communicate competently with them. From that standpoint, if they don't know a word (and thus it would be meaningless to them), then your communication wouldn't be aided by knowing that word, and thus you wouldn't know it either.

So, from that principle, your questions are straightforwardly answered. So your ability is limited, short range, and not applicable to self-speech. Think of it as a universal translator, not actual knowledge of the language.

Thank you.

The corollary here is that our authors' vocabulary communicating with, say, someone with cognitive or linguistic impairments would be constrained by that person. This would mean, my author would note that he can communicate complex ideas and words with one person, then, when that person leaves, trying to communicate the same thing with someone with language impairment would be notably impaired as well.

Still an interesting result. I'm going to assume further testing reveals something like the range of the effect depends on the communication - for instance whispering a language to someone across a room doesn't work, but yelling does. I'll try and extrapolate from there, just order a retcon as needed and I'll edit it.
Pndapetzim

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:53 pm

Alaroma wrote:G, any update on my population estimates?

Alas, a busy boy I have been, so naught yet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse