NATION

PASSWORD

The County of Shadows ( Crime GTA Style RP/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
-Clarkstan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2023
Ex-Nation

The County of Shadows ( Crime GTA Style RP/OOC)

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:07 am

" Good old Blaine County, part of the New York State, base of crooks, thugs and every sort of psicopaths you can immagine, Blaine country was and is the protagonist of many criminal actions, where else you can be assaulted and sworn by a homeless, almost get your brain blown out by a crackhead, being seduced by a prostitute and be arrested by a police officer before lunch ?. Discover the history, culture, attractions and entertainment of " The Big Apple little sister ". We invite you to explore the county, from the movida of Layton City, to the delicious fish burgers in New Norwich, the Skyline of Dodson, the Everett's Immigrant couisine, to Blackwater's raffinate restaurants, Hampton's Important Museums and Mangrove Colonial Architecture "

MAP
https://imgur.com/Du1LlIo

IC
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=543626

Hello and Welcome to Blaine County also known as " Big Apple little sister ", ambientation of this RP where you will take the role of the numerous criminal organizations that populate the underground of Blaine County, from old-fashioned Italo-American Mafia, to the more aggressive and brutal street gangs to the Russian Mafia, the choice is yours. your final goal is to be the definitive crimelord of the county.

On the other side of the medal, you can play as one of the PDs, FBI, DEA or other law enforcement agencies to try to stem the tide of violence in the county, its an underpaid and dangerous job, and gratitude isnt guaranteed, but someone is willing to risk it all to protect the county.

- Rules

- No one liner posts, put some efffort in it
- be realistic, no ultra over-powered criminals and no Police being four steps ahead the crooks, be balanced
- before attacking someone's territory ask him
- No godmodding or metagaming
- Respect others and Have fun

Application for Criminals:

Name of Organization:
Leader :
Territory ( Specify the number of districts ):
Ethnicity:
Criminal activities:
History (Paragraph or so about your organization. Remember to mention bosses, key players, and allies/enemies.)
Starting resources :

Application for Cops:

Name of Unit:
Branch of Law Enforcement (FBI,DEA, County, City etc):
Jurisdiction (Federal units like the FBI don't need to worry, this applies to local cops):
Purpose (Bust a single mob? Narc? End arms trafficking? You can have more than one):
History (Paragraph or so about your organization. Remember to mention bosses, key players, and allies/enemies.)
Starting Resources :

Accepted :
- New Norwich Mob ( Me ), Southern New Norwich
- FBI trafficking Division ( Pacific Haven), FBI Trafficking Division, Blaine County Office
- The New Holland Social Club (Siimyardo ) North Blackwater, Van Buren Lounge
- Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation (Kreigsreich of Iron) IRS-CI Office in Blaine County
- Marriot's Marauders or Smirkers ( Ovstylap) South-Eastern Dodson
My App

Name of Organization: New Norwich Mob
Leader : Rick Burke
Territory : South New Norwich ( 5 districts )
Ethnicity: Irish-American
Criminal activities: Drug dealing, Racket protection and extorsion, Contrabband

History : The New Norwich Mob was created back in the days of the Irish Immigration to America, during the first world war was a loosely united confederation of numerous gangs, but in 1918, Colm Driscoll, Irish veteran of WWI, arrived in New Norwich and united these gangs under the New Norwich Mob. The Mob prospered during the prohibitionism, under Shawn Driscoll, brother of Colm, only to have a crisis moment after the end of it. The mob started to contrabband weapons, having the New Norwich Port under their command, and other illegal items. From the fifties to the sixties the Mob also expanded their competence with drug dealing, selling Cocaine, Meth, and other drugs on the market in New Norwich under the command of Cormack Dobson. During this period started the long war between them and the Jamaican and Haitian gangs that were born during the sixties due to immigration. hundreds were killed in this war, and victims between law enforcement and civilians. The mob also helped the IRA via contrabband of vehicles and weapons due to connections of Francis O'Hara with members of the IRA. in 1998 received a big hit because many members were arrested, including the major part of the Mob's leadership, for a big corruption scandal, leaving a vacuum of power, filled up by jamaicans. Now the Mob has spent the last two decades to rebuild itself and reclaim their lost territories
Last edited by -Clarkstan on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:36 am, edited 9 times in total.

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:37 am

The cop app is confusing, you have "name of unit" and "branch of law enforcement", and in the history we're asked to give the history of the organisation? I don't want to give the history of the FBI, I want to give you the history of Special Agent Seth Marshall...
Commonwealth of the Pacific Haven
"For the Pacific People"

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:50 am

Pacific Haven wrote:The cop app is confusing, you have "name of unit" and "branch of law enforcement", and in the history we're asked to give the history of the organisation? I don't want to give the history of the FBI, I want to give you the history of Special Agent Seth Marshall...

I mean, the story of the Unit, like why was formed by the FBI and how it operated, i wasnt talking about giving the story of the FBI

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:00 am

-Clarkstan wrote:
Pacific Haven wrote:The cop app is confusing, you have "name of unit" and "branch of law enforcement", and in the history we're asked to give the history of the organisation? I don't want to give the history of the FBI, I want to give you the history of Special Agent Seth Marshall...

I mean, the story of the Unit, like why was formed by the FBI and how it operated, i wasnt talking about giving the story of the FBI

Ugh. I wanted him to be a lone wolf. And roleplaying an entire unit just isn't as fun.

Anyway.

Name of Unit: FBI Trafficking Division
Branch of Law Enforcement (FBI,DEA, County, City etc): FBI
Jurisdiction (Federal units like the FBI don't need to worry, this applies to local cops):
Purpose (Bust a single mob? Narc? End arms trafficking? You can have more than one): Police arms, drugs and human trafficking
History

Formed as part of a semi-official cross-agency operation as arms smuggling to the IRA exploded, its main role was to prevent any more smuggling to the IRA from Irish-American hotspots like Blaine County. In this role the Trafficking Division successfully found and arrested members of the New Norwich Mob, which gained it national fame and, importantly, an increased budget. It has made finding the New Norwich Mob its primary target in Blaine County, but as a federal unit, it has agents across the United States; its field office in Blaine County is one of its largest.
Starting Resources :
- 14 FBI agents
- 6 ATF Special Response Team agents
- 2 seconded ICE agents
- 5 unmarked generic sedans

- All agents armed with Glock 22 pistols
- ATF SRT armed with H&K MP5 submachine guns
"For the Pacific People"

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:12 am

Pacific Haven wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:

Ugh. I wanted him to be a lone wolf. And roleplaying an entire unit just isn't as fun.

Anyway.

Purpose (Bust a single mob? Narc? End arms trafficking? You can have more than one): Police arms, drugs and human trafficking
History

Formed as part of a semi-official cross-agency operation as arms smuggling to the IRA exploded, its main role was to prevent any more smuggling to the IRA from Irish-American hotspots like Blaine County. In this role the Trafficking Division successfully found and arrested members of the New Norwich Mob, which gained it national fame and, importantly, an increased budget. It has made finding the New Norwich Mob its primary target in Blaine County, but as a federal unit, it has agents across the United States; its field office in Blaine County is one of its largest.
Starting Resources :
- 14 FBI agents
- 2 seconded ICE agents

If you want you can make this agent the leader of the Division, I can make an exception
Last edited by -Clarkstan on Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:13 am

-Clarkstan wrote:
Pacific Haven wrote:Ugh. I wanted him to be a lone wolf. And roleplaying an entire unit just isn't as fun.

Anyway.

History

Starting Resources :
- 14 FBI agents
- 2 seconded ICE agents

If you want you can make this agent the leader of the Division, I can make an exception

No it's fine, now I have more people to roleplay and make backstories for as we go along.
"For the Pacific People"

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:15 am

Pacific Haven wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:

No it's fine, now I have more people to roleplay and make backstories for as we go along.

Perfect, accepted

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:13 am

/Bump

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:52 am

i changed the name of Costa Dorada to Layton City, i think that Layton City adapts better

Siimyardo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2023
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Siimyardo » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:06 pm

Think I'll try a crime family in Blackwater. Any guidance one what that city is like?

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:22 pm

Siimyardo wrote:Think I'll try a crime family in Blackwater. Any guidance one what that city is like?

Blackwater is a composite city, with industries in the south and residential and commercial districts in the North. North Blackwater is famous for its refined culture, expensive restaurants and colonial architecture. On the other hand, South Blackwater is significantly poorer and mistreated, and discrimination between North and South Blackwater citizens is very common
Last edited by -Clarkstan on Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:30 am

-Clarkstan wrote:
Siimyardo wrote:Think I'll try a crime family in Blackwater. Any guidance one what that city is like?

Blackwater is a composite city, with industries in the south and residential and commercial districts in the North. North Blackwater is famous for its raffinate culture, expensive restaurants and colonial architecture. On the other hand, South Blackwater is significantly poorer and mistreated, and discrimination between North and South Blackwater citizens is very common

Could you give a rundown about all of the areas, similar to this one please?

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:31 am

Ovstylap wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:

Blackwater is a composite city, with industries in the south and residential and commercial districts in the North. North Blackwater is famous for its raffinate culture, expensive restaurants and colonial architecture. On the other hand, South Blackwater is significantly poorer and mistreated, and discrimination between North and South Blackwater citizens is very common

Sure

New Norwich: Colonial Town that grew during the first years of 1900, became the Hub for trafficking and alcohol contrabband. During WW2 arms trafficking was the main buisness. Between 50-60 New Norwich was settled by Haitians and Jamaicans, causing troubles with the local Irish mob. Gang wars occurred during all of the 60s to the 80s, all of this occured with when a drug epidemic hit the county. In 90 a huge blow to the New Norwich Mob was made by the FBI, leaving the city to Jamaican and Haitian gangs. New Norwich is a generally poor and worker and crimefull city with the major part of the population being a minority

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:54 am

-Clarkstan wrote:
Ovstylap wrote:

Sure

New Norwich: Colonial Town that grew during the first years of 1900, became the Hub for trafficking and alcohol contrabband. During WW2 arms trafficking was the main buisness. Between 50-60 New Norwich was settled by Haitians and Jamaicans, causing troubles with the local Irish mob. Gang wars occurred during all of the 60s to the 80s, all of this occured with when a drug epidemic hit the county. In 90 a huge blow to the New Norwich Mob was made by the FBI, leaving the city to Jamaican and Haitian gangs. New Norwich is a generally poor and worker and crimefull city with the major part of the population being a minority

Thank you, so you described Blackwater, what are Layton City and Mangrove and the other suburbs like? Just wondering as if I will apply I'd want to know the context you have in mind!

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:33 am

Ovstylap wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:

Sure

Thank you, so you described Blackwater, what are Layton City and Mangrove and the other suburbs like? Just wondering as if I will apply I'd want to know the context you have in mind!

Layton City : a calm city, there is a great movida and crime is principally related to the control of the drug market and contrabband, base for cartels and local gangs

Mangrove : key point for contrabband and trafficking, it connects Layton City and New Norwich, base of biker gangs, criminal syndicates and a flourishing comunity formed by immigrants from Europe.

Everett: based around seattle, portland and Some parts of the west Coast. Everett is a melting pot of many cultures, and also base of some chinese and hispanic gangs. Here every criminal activity is performed.

Dodson : biggest city in the county, melting pot and hub for major crime sindicates to operate, Dodson is a mixture of industrial, commercial and residential aspects. Here every organization from hooligans, to bikers to even Worldwide Crime Syndicates are operating

Hampton : heavily based on Texas ( Houston and Austin ), city based on industry, but also quite enjoyable and interesting. Here thief bands, and organizations dedicated to trafficking and other activites have a base here
Last edited by -Clarkstan on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siimyardo
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Siimyardo » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:41 am

-Clarkstan wrote:Blackwater is a composite city, with industries in the south and residential and commercial districts in the North. North Blackwater is famous for its raffinate culture, expensive restaurants and colonial architecture.

I'm sorry, when I look this word up I only get stuff for petroleum refining. I found a similar word "raffish," which means "jaunty, fun-loving." Is that what you were going for? I'm not trying to be smug or pedantic, I just want to understand what you're describing.

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:50 am

Siimyardo wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:Blackwater is a composite city, with industries in the south and residential and commercial districts in the North. North Blackwater is famous for its raffinate culture, expensive restaurants and colonial architecture.

I'm sorry, when I look this word up I only get stuff for petroleum refining. I found a similar word "raffish," which means "jaunty, fun-loving." Is that what you were going for? I'm not trying to be smug or pedantic, I just want to understand what you're describing.

yeah, i was indicating that, sorry, in my language to describe something that is very refined we use raffinato

Pacific Haven
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Haven » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:53 am

-Clarkstan wrote:
Siimyardo wrote:

yeah, i was indicating that, sorry, in my language to describe something that is very refined we use raffinato

Refined is different- probably even the opposite- to fun-loving. 'Refined' works well to describe Blackwater
"For the Pacific People"

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:58 am

Pacific Haven wrote:
-Clarkstan wrote:

Refined is different- probably even the opposite- to fun-loving. 'Refined' works well to describe Blackwater

yeah it adapts better

Siimyardo
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Siimyardo » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:08 am

OK, I'll try and cook up some very classy white-tie-and-dress-cane criminals to populate it.

Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Socalist Republic Of Mercenaries » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:11 am

imma see what I can do here too...
NS stats have been rounded up and swiss-cheese'd by local militia in an alleyway.

Karl von Larenz invited to Moscow to see Destroyed M1A1 Abrams “Only one Abrams? You should come visit one of our scrapyards next time, you’d be surprised.” He remarks.

Want Cheap Equipment? Visit Karl's Warehouse!
A bunch of space mercs Authoritarian oligarchy led by Karl von Larenz
Member of KTO, Founder of FWC

Rusrunia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 25, 2023
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Rusrunia » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:15 am

/reserved
────────────────────────────────────────
IC✧───RUSRUNIA───✧OoC
To serve Rusrunia!
────────────────────────────────────────
───†─────────†───
G'day evryone !!
Christian, he-him
───†─────────†───

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:32 am

Siimyardo wrote:OK, I'll try and cook up some very classy white-tie-and-dress-cane criminals to populate it.

Take your time

Siimyardo
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Siimyardo » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:21 pm

Name of Organization: The New Holland Social Club
Leader : Abel Van Haarlem AKA "the Little Magician"
Territory: Blackwater, especially the north. Headquartered in the prestigious Van Buren Lounge.
Ethnicity: Dutch; Certain very old "blue blood" families well established in New England.
Criminal activities: Embezzlement, insider trading, and other white-collar crime; illegal gambling and prostitution catered to high-dollar clients; designer drugs, Adderall, designer drugs, and 'smart drugs," targeted mainly to Ivy League college kids; recently entering into murder for hire.
History: Formed initially when migration waves from Europe to NYC in the nineteenth century shook up the social status quo in New York. The exodus of old stock rich to then-comparatively quiet Blaine County allowed them to pool their resources and organize into a political and criminal clique with a sparkly veneer of respectability. The majority of their early history was dominated by political graft and stock market scams, until Prohibition and the Great Depression forced them to get their proverbial hands dirty with seedier crime. Since then, they have adapted well throughout the decades: getting immunity from the FBI during the red scares for suppressing labor unions, positioning themselves with bribes to profit as contractors during the World Wars and Cold War, smuggling coke and guns during conflicts abroad, expanded now into identity theft and online crimes. Have clashed over the years with labor unions and anti-corruption activists. Any Law Enforcement targeting finance crimes will be an enemy of theirs as well.
Starting resources : A legion of lawyers, political or bureaucratic allies, considerable financial resources. Able to operate semi-legally as, well, a prestigious dining club.
Last edited by Siimyardo on Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Clarkstan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby -Clarkstan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:15 pm

Siimyardo wrote:Name of Organization: The New Holland Social Club
Leader : Abel Van Haarlem AKA "the Little Magician"
Territory: Blackwater, especially the north. Headquartered in the prestigious Van Buren Lounge.
Ethnicity: Dutch; Certain very old "blue blood" families well established in New England.
Criminal activities: Embezzlement, insider trading, and other white-collar crime; illegal gambling and prostitution catered to high-dollar clients; designer drugs, Adderall, designer drugs, and 'smart drugs," targeted mainly to Ivy League college kids; recently entering into murder for hire.
History: Formed initially when migration waves from Europe to NYC in the nineteenth century shook up the social status quo in New York. The exodus of old stock rich to then-comparatively quiet Blaine County allowed them to pool their resources and organize into a political and criminal clique with a sparkly veneer of respectability. The majority of their early history was dominated by political graft and stock market scams, until Prohibition and the Great Depression forced them to get their proverbial hands dirty with seedier crime. Since then, they have adapted well throughout the decades: getting immunity from the FBI during the red scares for suppressing labor unions, positioning themselves with bribes to profit as contractors during the World Wars and Cold War, smuggling coke and guns during conflicts abroad, expanded now into identity theft and online crimes. Have clashed over the years with labor unions and anti-corruption activists. Any Law Enforcement targeting finance crimes will be an enemy of theirs as well.
Starting resources : A legion of lawyers, political or bureaucratic allies, considerable financial resources. Able to operate semi-legally as, well, a prestigious dining club.

Well done, accepted

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse