NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Embers [Complete]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 5:04 am

Nuxipal wrote:I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but its fairly important.

The Citadel: Has it remained in Sol or has it been moved back to the Serpent Nebula.

Still above Sol, yep.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Tue May 30, 2023 5:23 am

Hey G-tec, I'm making a frivolous post right now (just because I think it'd be fun and would breathe a bit of life into the Duumvirate) and I have a question about something that might influence how it goes
So umm... Here goes. Can a Corvette move between systems independently, or does it need to accompany a Medium or Heavy Vessel? And if the answer pertains to the latter, can Corvettes move around in the same system without support at the very least?
Feel free to call me Granger

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 5:26 am

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:Hey G-tec, I'm making a frivolous post right now (just because I think it'd be fun and would breathe a bit of life into the Duumvirate) and I have a question about something that might influence how it goes
So umm... Here goes. Can a Corvette move between systems independently, or does it need to accompany a Medium or Heavy Vessel? And if the answer pertains to the latter, can Corvettes move around in the same system without support at the very least?

"Combat Mechanics

Movement of Ships

Light Ships: The lightest and most Agile ships in any given fleet. These are rarely deployed alone, but they can easily tag along with Heavy or Medium ships in long journeys. They can move up to five clusters in a month. Light Ships can make an unlimited number of local FTL jumps if they forego one of their relay jumps. Light ships have one major drawback however: they are unable to be deployed further than two relay jumps away from a controlled Garden or Near Garden planet or up to one relay jump away from a war fleet that comprises carrier-class starships. Space stations act as a controlled planet."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Tue May 30, 2023 5:34 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:"Combat Mechanics

Movement of Ships

Light Ships: The lightest and most Agile ships in any given fleet. These are rarely deployed alone, but they can easily tag along with Heavy or Medium ships in long journeys. They can move up to five clusters in a month. Light Ships can make an unlimited number of local FTL jumps if they forego one of their relay jumps. Light ships have one major drawback however: they are unable to be deployed further than two relay jumps away from a controlled Garden or Near Garden planet or up to one relay jump away from a war fleet that comprises carrier-class starships. Space stations act as a controlled planet."

Uhh...

Thanks for reminding me, but once again you've proved that I need to be more aware. I do apologise, I'm still not quite used to roleplays that are mechanically inclined yet, so I hope I can be cut a lil bit of slack, heh

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 am

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:"Combat Mechanics

Movement of Ships

Uhh...

Thanks for reminding me, but once again you've proved that I need to be more aware. I do apologise, I'm still not quite used to roleplays that are mechanically inclined yet, so I hope I can be cut a lil bit of slack, heh

Hah, no worries. No harm in asking. Just check through the first three posts if you have a question - and absolutely feel free to ask if the answer isn't there. If you've thought of a question, odds are good others have too.

And if I haven't answered it, it is a good thing to get stuff concretized for the masses.

Kandex
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandex » Tue May 30, 2023 7:12 am

So, is there any room left in this RP?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 7:13 am

Kandex wrote:So, is there any room left in this RP?

Always room left, what are you interested in?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Kandex
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandex » Tue May 30, 2023 7:18 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Kandex wrote:So, is there any room left in this RP?

Something unique, but I guess I'll have to go through the factions and rules to figure out what that'll be.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 7:23 am

Kandex wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Something unique, but I guess I'll have to go through the factions and rules to figure out what that'll be.

Fair enough. I think we have the canon factions filled, so something independent be it one of the Asari or Human colonies or something else would be doable. Even a corporation of sorts may be possible. When G gets back he'll be able to help you more than I can.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 7:41 am

Kandex wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Plenty of things open. There's the Volus, if you're looking for a canon faction, or anything else would be perfectly fine too - it is a big galaxy, after all.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue May 30, 2023 7:44 am

Tossing another question out there for you G-Tech: what are the restrictions on trading resources between factions? I assume we can't go about handing things over willy-nilly, but is it restricted solely to credits, or can we also trade industry and materials (or even technologies or research points)?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 7:54 am

Bentus wrote:Tossing another question out there for you G-Tech: what are the restrictions on trading resources between factions? I assume we can't go about handing things over willy-nilly, but is it restricted solely to credits, or can we also trade industry and materials (or even technologies or research points)?

Given you have a connection to another faction, I have no qualms with you swapping credits/industry/materials as much as you wish. Those civilian links should probably still be developing, but I'm not going to ride herd on the specifics.

Transferring technology and the society-wide implementation, on the other hand, is a bit more complex. If someone wants to spend research on creating those systems, I don't mind pulling together mechanics for that - but it'll start out as a gated system for sure.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Given you have a connection to another faction, I have no qualms with you swapping credits/industry/materials as much as you wish. Those civilian links should probably still be developing, but I'm not going to ride herd on the specifics.

Transferring technology and the society-wide implementation, on the other hand, is a bit more complex. If someone wants to spend research on creating those systems, I don't mind pulling together mechanics for that - but it'll start out as a gated system for sure.

That makes sense to me! It's also definitely early days for all this so I imagine the rules could change based upon how you see things going. I could imagine some cool 'piracy' mechanics too for longer trade routes. A certain fraction of whatever's traded gets lost to 'overhead' for every system along the route that doesn't have a military vessel stationed there or something.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 9:08 am

So, I know earlier we discussed rounding the decimals on starship production and that below .5 is rounded down. So, I come to you with the odd situation of: if a ship has production time of .4 Months, what do?

Edit: That's .4 months from time of purchase.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Tue May 30, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 9:17 am

Nuxipal wrote:So, I know earlier we discussed rounding the decimals on starship production and that below .5 is rounded down. So, I come to you with the odd situation of: if a ship has production time of .4 Months, what do?

Alas, even the most efficient production lines cannot reduce the time to fabricate military hardware to nonexistence.

Kandex
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kandex » Tue May 30, 2023 9:24 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Kandex wrote:

Plenty of things open. There's the Volus, if you're looking for a canon faction, or anything else would be perfectly fine too - it is a big galaxy, after all.

I think I'll probably be going with the Volus, yeah.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 9:30 am

Nuxipal wrote:So, I know earlier we discussed rounding the decimals on starship production and that below .5 is rounded down. So, I come to you with the odd situation of: if a ship has production time of .4 Months, what do?

Alas, even the most efficient production lines cannot reduce the time to fabricate military hardware to nonexistence.

Fair enough. I will be content to build things at a minimum of 1 month until we need to build bigger things.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 9:51 am

Kandex wrote:

I think I'll probably be going with the Volus, yeah.

That would be excellent - the Volus have a lot of faction potential.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue May 30, 2023 12:16 pm

Just to check, can Barren and Hostile worlds have 1 Industrial Complex (not major) built on their surface? And are we allowed to have both a major and a minor spaceport on the same planet?

Edit:
Kandex wrote:I think I'll probably be going with the Volus, yeah.

Trading buddies! The Spice must flow.
Last edited by Bentus on Tue May 30, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue May 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Am I misreading something? Its only been 18 years since the reaper war right?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 12:32 pm

Elerian wrote:Am I misreading something? Its only been 18 years since the reaper war right?

That's what I am reading as well. Many major characters who survived the Reaper War should be alive still.

Social influences of Indoctrination may be ongoing on some of the more impacted worlds as well.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Tue May 30, 2023 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Tue May 30, 2023 12:35 pm

Nuxipal wrote:That's what I am reading as well. Many major characters who survived the Reaper War should be alive still.

Except for any Vorcha -_-
Then again, there weren't many named/notable Vorcha to begin with in the series

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Elerian wrote:Am I misreading something? Its only been 18 years since the reaper war right?

That's what I am reading as well. Many major characters who survived the Reaper War should be alive still.

Social influences of Indoctrination may be ongoing on some of the more impacted worlds as well.

Well a couple apps I believe said something about decades or centuries having passed, and I seem to remember G’s IC intro saying decades plural so that’s gotten me confused.
Last edited by Elerian on Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Elerian wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Well a couple apps I believe said something about decades or centuries having passed, and I seem to remember G’s IC intro saying decades plural so that’s gotten me confused.

18 years.. decades.. close enough I'd say. I'm sure G would have mentioned something if someone said centuries had passed since the Reaper War.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Tue May 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Elerian wrote:Well a couple apps I believe said something about decades or centuries having passed, and I seem to remember G’s IC intro saying decades plural so that’s gotten me confused.

Well IC date is 2204 I believe, and the Reaper War happened in 2186 soooo... Yeah, 18 years

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse