NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Embers [Complete]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:38 pm

How did we want to handle systems with multiple Relay connections? Canonically there are multiple relays per system like the Widow System for the Serpent Nebula canonically has 12 relays, we have 11 clusters connected on our map to it, so there can still be a dormant relay there if we want.

I meant more geographically, if we have multiple relays themselves, would they simply be at the edge of the system in the direction of the relay they are connected with? To be clear, not advocating for each relay needing to be activated, just trying to determine if entering from one direction and turning back to the relay to get somewhere new is the way to go, or if the ships would have to travel across the system at FTL speeds and slow down enough to use the relay?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:04 am

Nuxipal wrote:How did we want to handle systems with multiple Relay connections? Canonically there are multiple relays per system like the Widow System for the Serpent Nebula canonically has 12 relays, we have 11 clusters connected on our map to it, so there can still be a dormant relay there if we want.

I meant more geographically, if we have multiple relays themselves, would they simply be at the edge of the system in the direction of the relay they are connected with? To be clear, not advocating for each relay needing to be activated, just trying to determine if entering from one direction and turning back to the relay to get somewhere new is the way to go, or if the ships would have to travel across the system at FTL speeds and slow down enough to use the relay?

The latter, in cases where multiple relays are known, the former otherwise. Being aware of exactly which relays are paired primaries versus unpaired secondaries is unfortunately reasonably difficult, but for ease of use I generally lean toward the “most relays are unpaired” school of utility.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:06 am

Notification for all: the next month is coming down the pike in about 12 hours, so sneak those posts in if you haven’t had the time yet.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:02 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:How did we want to handle systems with multiple Relay connections? Canonically there are multiple relays per system like the Widow System for the Serpent Nebula canonically has 12 relays, we have 11 clusters connected on our map to it, so there can still be a dormant relay there if we want.

The latter, in cases where multiple relays are known, the former otherwise. Being aware of exactly which relays are paired primaries versus unpaired secondaries is unfortunately reasonably difficult, but for ease of use I generally lean toward the “most relays are unpaired” school of utility.

Sounds reasonable. That works just fine on my end. Looking forward to the update and preparing fluff for it.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:36 pm

Thinking about bringing back my state from way back when
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:37 pm

Revlona wrote:Thinking about bringing back my state from way back when

Heya Rev, how you been?

I can't say I recall that state; even better, because I get new things to learn about conceptually.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:38 pm

The Korlus one?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm

Heya Rev, how you been?

I can't say I recall that state; even better, because I get new things to learn about conceptually.

I’ve been good, how about yourself?

I can’t remember much about it either to be honest so it’ll be a new creation built on top of old foundations for the most part. What I remember is it we lead by a former N7 member who didn’t have ties to earth anymore, single planet military dictatorship.
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:40 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

The Korlus one?

Was that the one? Wait, did we go to war or was that someone else?
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:43 pm

Revlona wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:
The Korlus one?

Yes, and you aren't gonna believe this...

I'm at war with the guy who owns Korlus... again.

This time I'm the Hanar, and they decided that the Hanar system in the Eagle Nebula belongs to them and said they'd destroy the Hanar unless we recognized them as the owners. You arrived just in time for the actual fighting.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:45 pm

Revlona wrote:
Heya Rev, how you been?

I can’t remember much about it either to be honest so it’ll be a new creation built on top of old foundations for the most part. What I remember is it we lead by a former N7 member who didn’t have ties to earth anymore, single planet military dictatorship.

Middling, middling. This has been going well, so I'm quite happy. And more human dictatorships are bonus fun.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:47 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:

This time I'm the Hanar, and they decided that the Hanar system in the Eagle Nebula belongs to them and said they'd destroy the Hanar unless we recognized them as the owners. You arrived just in time for the actual fighting.

Ooooh poop.

You will forgive me if I root for Korlus.

Revlona wrote:

Middling, middling. This has been going well, so I'm quite happy. And more human dictatorships are bonus fun.

Yes. It seems I will have to move locations however.
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Revlona wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Ooooh poop.

You will forgive me if I root for Korlus.

I mean, the guy is based on Anhur, not Korlus. Korlus is a secondary planet. Seems sorta like a junior partner imo.

I think most people are rooting for the Commonwealth of the Eagle Nebula. The young nation that dared to poke the chill jellyfish.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:52 pm

I'll need to brush up on my ME knowledge to find a suitable replacement spot
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:55 pm

What actually is open?
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:59 pm

Revlona wrote:I'll need to brush up on my ME knowledge to find a suitable replacement spot

Human Garden Worlds available, as far as I can tell:

Horizon in the Shadow Sea
Watson in Sigurd's Cradle
Sanctum, also Sigurd's Cradle, not same system as Watson
Joab, in Rosetta Nebula

Any of those work well.

Additionally, the Krogan and Salarian need players. Salarians had a player, so there is a good base of infrastructure.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:06 pm

Leaning heavily towards a Watson/Sanctum nation with nominal control over the Skepsis and Decoris systems. I think.
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:09 pm

Revlona wrote:Leaning heavily towards a Watson/Sanctum nation with nominal control over the Skepsis and Decoris systems. I think.

Do it! Though the Terminus is fairly populated.. the right side of the map is pretty empty.. give me a minute I can look for garden worlds over there besides Horizon

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:Leaning heavily towards a Watson/Sanctum nation with nominal control over the Skepsis and Decoris systems. I think.

Do it! Though the Terminus is fairly populated.. the right side of the map is pretty empty.. give me a minute I can look for garden worlds over there besides Horizon

Heheheh

Service guarantees citizenship
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:27 pm

Other worlds I have found, human colonies or not.

Therum, Artemis Tau, Knossos System
Feros, Attican Beta, Theseus System
Chasca, Maroon Sea, Matano System (this one requires a bit of storyline involving it getting a huge number of refugees during the Reaper War or something)
Trident, Hades Nexus, Hoplos System (95% water world, sizable human population just over a million)

Those all have growing space around them as far as I know

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:30 pm

Nuxipal wrote:Other worlds I have found, human colonies or not.

Chasca, Maroon Sea, Matano System (this one requires a bit of storyline involving it getting a huge number of refugees during the Reaper War or something)
Trident, Hades Nexus, Hoplos System (95% water world, sizable human population just over a million)

I think I like Watson as my capital planet, its got an interesting diversity in its lore which I can do alot with.
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:32 pm

Revlona wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:Other worlds I have found, human colonies or not.

I think I like Watson as my capital planet, its got an interesting diversity in its lore which I can do alot with.

Wicked, looking forward to the Terminus politics in the future.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Wicked, looking forward to the Terminus politics in the future.

War! We're going to war!
Lover of doggos

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:40 am

Another Human!

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:50 am

If you choose something in alliance space I’m doing a sorta human confederation type deal using the Alliance as the umbrella organization.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse