NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Embers [Complete]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 7:32 am

Elerian wrote:Faction: Salarian Union

Leader: Dalatrass Vass

Diplomatic Relations Summary: Following the reveal of the Prothean VI on Thessia and the recent Nationalistic fervor on Palaven, the Salarian are much more wary of their former council partners and relations are not as positive as they were pre-invasion.

Other council associate races still hold good favor with the Salarian Union, in particular Humanity and the Elcor for their staunch defense against the Reaper invasion.

Military Summary: The Salarian military pre invasion was predicated on the vast STG intelligence network having done the heavy lifting before the war had even begun. Following the ineffectual ability of the STG to give the Salarian military that cutting edge, the Salarians were forced to rely more on their cutting edge technology. This led the Salarian military to have an identity crisis following the end of the Reaper war. Without much contact to their vast spy intelligence network and many lives having been lost not only to the Reapers, but also to their own high performance technologies failing, the Salarian military has been forced to rethink her doctrines.

Although it is true that many colony worlds of the Salarian Union were kept in line during the dark years by the threat of STG action, the truth of the matter was that the organization had been so depleted by the Reaper war as to be largely neutered. In the intervening years before the reawakening of the Relay network, the STG has begun to regain her footing, and even re-established contact with cells on foreign worlds that it had written off. That said, the STG has a long way ahead to regain the footing it had once held.

As such more conventional methods of warfare and tactics have become prevalent in recent years. In particular, defending the large frontier of Salarian colonial space.

History: Fortunate for the Salarian Union, but unfortunate for the rest of the galaxy, Salarians suffered the least during the Reaper war when compared to other races. Sur’Kesh was never touched directly by the Reapers and as such wasn’t depopulated or devastated quite like many other worlds across the known galaxy. Despite this there was still quite a great deal of economic, political, and societal flux following the severing of the relay network. Some Salarian colonies slipped away to rebellion or simply went dark.

Despite the great distances separating her colonial possessions from Sur’Kesh, the Union managed to hold on to many by doubling down on their feudatory system of governance that has existed for millenia. In exchange for more autonomy, and kept in line by the still fearsome reputation of the STG, some colonies remained a part of the Union. The dark years were hard on the Salarians as they were for all other races, during which there was a great deal of soul searching required at all levels.

However, the dark years were short in number. Now with the relays beginning to reactivate, the galaxy at large is being forced back together. It remains to be seen how the new galactic order will come to shape, but many races seem bent on expansionist policies rather than reconciliation and diplomacy. Additionally, with the Citadel still residing over Earth, the natural capital of galactic governance seems to favor Humanity as a new custodian.

What comes next will surely be a time of great change.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: 1535 Credits

Zonok System
Mannovai - Garden (Urban Area -150, 2 Industrial Complexes -40, Fuel Depot -20)
Asteroid Belt
Urut - Gas Giant

Rokum System
Easnos - Hostile Terran
Jaëto - Near Garden (Urban Area -150, Fuel Depot -20)
Asteroid Belt
Alepaj - Gas Giant
Alepaj A - Barren
Alepaj B - Barren

Cerop System
Cadav - Gas Giant
Asteroid Belt
Alud - Non-Hostile Terrestrial (2 Mining Complexes -30)
Nasurn - Garden (Urban Area -150, 2 Industrial Complexes -40, Fuel Depot -20)
Sitek A - Barren
Sitek B - Barren
Asteroid Belt

Pranas System
Saradril - Terran (2 Mining Complexes -30)
Sur'Kesh - Garden (Urban Area -150, Shipyard -75, 2 Industrial Complexes -40, Fuel Depot -20)
Dragel - Terran (2 Mining Complexes -30)
Halegeuse - Gas Giant (Orbital Mining Station -100)
Asteroid belt
Paeto - Barren Asteroid
Mass relay

Byblos System
Gilgame - Non-hostile Terrestrial (2 Mining Complexes -30)
Senoquol - Garden (Urban Area -150, 2 Industrial Complexes -40, Fuel Depot -20)
Zarken - Barren
Isht - Barren
Kuru - Gas Giant
Enki - Gas Giant

Ashan System
Anthur - Barren
Kubru - Hostile Terrestrial
Lissu - Dextro-Amino Garden
Milra - Non-Hostile Terrestrial
Tazab - Gas Giant
Garot - Gas Giant
Garot I - Barren Moon
Garot II - Garden Moon (Outpost -30)

Olor System
Olor - Non-Hostile Terrestrial (2 Mining Complexes -30)
Asteroid Belt
Rannandril - Near-Garden (Urban Area -150, Fuel Depot -20)
Hanum - Gas Giant

Military: 465 Credits

a) Terrestrial Forces: x15 Infantry Divisions -150 Credits
b) Space Fleets: x2 Heavy Cruisers, x8 Light Cruisers (GARDIAN systems), x1 Transport (GARDIAN systems) - 315 Credits

RP Example:

Questions and Suggestions: Why no spec ops units tho?

Olor is supposedly a Salarian colony, so I’m just wondering why it's a non hostile terrestrial world?

S14

With the edits made, this is also accepted. Welcome, Elerian.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 7:35 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Faction: Terminus People’s Republic
Leader: General Secretary Balak

Diplomatic Relations Summary: Unlike its predecessor, the Terminus People’s Republic (T.P.R.) has revoked its traditional extreme isolation and seclusion policy. Under the political reforms of Balak, the T.P.R. enjoys a more open-ended form of dialogue and conversation with other galactic powers. Albeit, this can wildly range from denouncing so-called “Citadel Imperialism” to establishing ties in Council-held space—depending on the national mood. At the end of the day, the T.P.R. is still quite a belligerent power. It sees itself as the rightful owner and ruler of the entire Terminus region. For better or worse, Terminus must be united under the People’s Republic. If that requires a force of arms, then so be it.

Military Summary: The destruction and culling of Batarian society and military have utterly caused the Terminus People’s Republic to rethink its military doctrine and national security strategy. Given the expensive depopulation, the T.P.R. has opened its military ranks to other species and races. If you can hold a gun and pass the basic medical checks, nothing stops you from joining the Terminus People’s Army (T.P.A). For how the T.P.A. operates, they have crafted a new strategy of replacing frontline formations with synthetic units and launching enough long-range munitions to level entire grids in a few seconds. Likewise, almost every organic soldier also happens to be in a tank division. The concept of a pure infantry unit is simply not possible in the eyes of the T.P.A. Every damn organic soldier better be in a heavily armored and armed tank.

A Very Short-Shitty History: In the aftermath of the Reaper War, Batarian history is quite short. After Shepard convinced Balak to join the Battle of Earth (along with receiving the Pillar of Strength from Shepard), the newly reconstituted Batarian Fleet did participate in the battle. However, the ships sent were largely old and outdated. Balak had no plans to sacrifice decent vessels for Earth. Instead, Balak stayed on the sidelines while siphoning much supply to his fleet as possible. Once the battle was over, Balak went on a salvaging spree to cannibalize every working component he could. The Batarian Fleet became the janitor of Sol for a few months, collecting and recycling every damaged hull for supply and repair parts. Once it was time to leave, some Batarians stayed with the HSA. The rest went with Balak to reclaim their homeland. The journey took daunting 2 years, but they managed well enough. The rebuilding process took even more time as Balak reformed Batarian society. By the end of it, Balak proclaimed the Terminus People’s Republic.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds:
Dezda (Barren World)
Khar'shan (Garden World) | 4 Urban Areas, 7 Mining Complexes, 4 Industrial Complexes, 2 Fuel Depots, 1 Gambling Den, 1 Major Industrial Complex, 1 Major Mining Complex (935)
‘Lacap’ Asteroid Belt
Verush (Gas Giant)
Ilem (Barren World)
Spekilas (Barren World)

Cholis (Hostile World)
Camala (Garden World) | 2 Urban Areas, 7 Mining Complexes, 2 Fuel Depots, 1 Gambling Den, 1 Major Mining Complex (720)
Ramlat (Hostile World)
Hiba (Gas Giant)
Maklan (Barren World)

Ezka (Hostile World)
Klos (Barren World)
Adek (Near-Garden World) | 1 Fuel Depot (20)
Fefa (Asteroid Belt)
Uza (Gas Giant)

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces: 5 LOKI Mech Battalions (10)
b) Space Fleets: 6 Destroyers, 6 Corvette Packs (125)

RP Example: You seen me RP before, G.
Questions and Suggestions: N/A
S14

This is also looking good, welcome Tau. Good to see the Batarians having someone competent to fill them out. As such, accepted.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 7:37 am

With everyone save the Turians and Asari filled out, we are looking in great shape to get going. I'll put up the IC tomorrow morning, to give Seg and Benuty time to crunch some apps. Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and I look forward to writing with you all!

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Thu May 25, 2023 7:39 am

My app will probably be done on the weekend, tbh. I need to still decide on a faction, and look over the new mechanics, but I have had overtime at work all week so far, and will today and tomorrow as well, unfortunately.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 am

Segmentia wrote:My app will probably be done on the weekend, tbh. I need to still decide on a faction, and look over the new mechanics, but I have had overtime at work all week so far, and will today and tomorrow as well, unfortunately.

Alas. Well, the first update should be reasonably long, to let folks have plenty of time to come to grips with the crunchy elements and flesh out their first contacts, new treaties, all that - so I don't see your application coming after the IC launch being any issue at all.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Thu May 25, 2023 7:54 am

Just updating my claim to be solidly for the Turians.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 am

And do I get any bonuses from the Prothean ruins on Verush?

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Thu May 25, 2023 8:29 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:With everyone save the Turians and Asari filled out, we are looking in great shape to get going. I'll put up the IC tomorrow morning, to give Seg and Benuty time to crunch some apps. Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and I look forward to writing with you all!

Eyyyy
This sounds like it's gonna be fun! I'm sure the Raloi can't wait to reconnect ties with the Elcor in earnest :)
Feel free to call me Granger

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 8:31 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:And do I get any bonuses from the Prothean ruins on Verush?

'fraid not. Generally, only very defining aspects of the galaxy, like Omega's Eezo mines, or the Protean VI on Thessia, actually give bonuses.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu May 25, 2023 8:35 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:'fraid not. Generally, only very defining aspects of the galaxy, like Omega's Eezo mines, or the Protean VI on Thessia, actually give bonuses.

What about Camala? To quote the wiki, "Camala is a relatively small but eezo-rich garden" and "In the mid-2160s, Camala was noted as being the wealthiest Batarian colony and a key supplier of element zero."

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Thu May 25, 2023 8:47 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:What about Camala? To quote the wiki, "Camala is a relatively small but eezo-rich garden" and "In the mid-2160s, Camala was noted as being the wealthiest Batarian colony and a key supplier of element zero."

Just looking through things, and I believe eezo-rich worlds already have a 50% bonus to production. Like Ixmar in the Clouded Twilight cluster for instance
I assume that'd be the benefit to Camala as well?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 9:17 am

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:What about Camala? To quote the wiki, "Camala is a relatively small but eezo-rich garden" and "In the mid-2160s, Camala was noted as being the wealthiest Batarian colony and a key supplier of element zero."

Just looking through things, and I believe eezo-rich worlds already have a 50% bonus to production. Like Ixmar in the Clouded Twilight cluster for instance
I assume that'd be the benefit to Camala as well?

Mm, slightly different - those areas give that scale of bonus because they are unexploited, unlike most civilized space. I'll give Camala a contemplate.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Thu May 25, 2023 9:28 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Mm, slightly different - those areas give that scale of bonus because they are unexploited, unlike most civilized space. I'll give Camala a contemplate.

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 1:38 pm

Alright folks, in preparation for the IC opening, the Archives are now live. Follow the embedded hyperlink either here or in the OOC opening post to them.

Everyone who has been accepted, please transfer over a copy of your accepted application. You don't have to copy the whole thing, but the history, infrastructure, military deployments - all that is important. As we pass the IC months by I will be asking that everyone keep the Archives up to date with their construction/recruitment/expansion/military casualties, and all that.

This is to help me track what everyone is up to, so I can effectively resolve combats, deal with NPCs, and craft events. Thank you all in advance for keeping everything current!

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Thu May 25, 2023 1:40 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Alright folks, in preparation for the IC opening, the Archives are now live. Follow the embedded hyperlink either here or in the OOC opening post to them.

Everyone who has been accepted, please transfer over a copy of your accepted application. You don't have to copy the whole thing, but the history, infrastructure, military deployments - all that is important. As we pass the IC months by I will be asking that everyone keep the Archives up to date with their construction/recruitment/expansion/military casualties, and all that.

This is to help me track what everyone is up to, so I can effectively resolve combats, deal with NPCs, and craft events. Thank you all in advance for keeping everything current!

Oh Christ, that's a lot of pressure. I'll try to keep up!
Alright though, on it!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 2:30 pm

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Alright folks, in preparation for the IC opening, the Archives are now live. Follow the embedded hyperlink either here or in the OOC opening post to them.

Oh Christ, that's a lot of pressure. I'll try to keep up!
Alright though, on it!

Heh, realistically you should just be making minor edits after you've decided what your people are planning to do in a month - and your books should be very straightforward.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Thu May 25, 2023 3:16 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Heh, realistically you should just be making minor edits after you've decided what your people are planning to do in a month - and your books should be very straightforward.

Hmm... I expect this'll all become easier when we're actually RPing
Anyway, I have posted (and edited) my Archive post. I've experimented a bit with it's layout, formatting etc. etc. so hopefully it helps me organise things and makes sure I don't miss anything when it comes to updates/changes and stuff

I have got a few questions though, on that note
1: Are upgrades universal to the units/buildings, or are they purchased specifically for each different one?

2: How are defences established? Where can they be established? Are they limited to the installations that mention their use, or can they be used planetwide?

3: Will we be keeping track of specific units/installations' "health", or will it be less measured and moreso... Hmm, how best to put this? natural?

4: And, just for my piece of mind, should I assume there's a way to access different clusters/regions before activating their Relay? How so, and what does it take?
Last edited by The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike on Thu May 25, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:1: Are upgrades universal to the units/buildings, or are they purchased specifically for each different one?

Not universal, nope, purchased on a case-by-case basis. You can customize the loadout of every vessel/battalion to give them minutely detailed roles in your faction.

2: How are defences established? Where can they be established? Are they limited to the installations that mention their use, or can they be used planetwide?

Every defensive structure can be placed on a given planet - the space stations and the like that mention specifically being able to build them are only because there may be limits on what types can be hosted on what grade of station, not because they are generally limited. You pay the price, they get slapped up on your world just like any other type of infrastructure.

3: Will we be keeping track of specific units/installations' "health", or will it be less measured and moreso... Hmm, how best to put this? natural?

Not anything you need to deal with, nope. Generally speaking, individual formations/vessels are as granular as the war system gets. Units survive engagements, or they don't.

4: And, just for my piece of mind, should I assume there's a way to access different clusters/regions before activating their Relay? How so, and what does it take?

Absolutely. You might not be 100% familiar, but in Mass Effect Relays are effectively 'one way streets'. An active Relay can sling a fleet into a neighboring cluster, regardless of whether or not the relay of that cluster is active.

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Thu May 25, 2023 6:01 pm

Is fiddling around with initial spending before the IC goes up alright? I've just realised that there's some very eligible high-gravity garden worlds in the rest of the Silean Nebula it might be worth kicking some infrastructure onto.

On the topic - how do the resources work turn-to-turn? Can you save up/accumulate industry and material? Are there rules about where you can spend material/industry based on where they were produced?

EDIT: Ah, and while I'm coming up with these; Thunawanuro is listed as an Elcor world, granted to them by the council and settled - it is however on the other side of the galaxy in the Omega Nebula, so it wouldn't make much sense for it to still be under central control - if I'm reading the rules right the existing settlement should count as a claim, yes?
Last edited by Pentapolitan Kyrene on Thu May 25, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 6:09 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:Is fiddling around with initial spending before the IC goes up alright? I've just realised that there's some very eligible high-gravity garden worlds in the rest of the Silean Nebula it might be worth kicking some infrastructure onto.

On the topic - how do the resources work turn-to-turn? Can you save up/accumulate industry and material? Are there rules about where you can spend material/industry based on where they were produced?

Sure, as long as the numbers all line up.

Saving up and accumulating, absolutely allowed. No location restrictions unless you haven't activated the Relay of a cluster where you have settlements; in that case the resources are lost, for simplicity.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu May 25, 2023 6:11 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Mm, slightly different - those areas give that scale of bonus because they are unexploited, unlike most civilized space. I'll give Camala a contemplate.

Any news on this front?

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Hey a little Intrest check. I thought about opening up my people’s parliament as a second source of rp focused more individual characters and the internal politics of the post reaper society in Sol. I was wondering if anyone would want to RP something like that with me.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 25, 2023 6:20 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:EDIT: Ah, and while I'm coming up with these; Thunawanuro is listed as an Elcor world, granted to them by the council and settled - it is however on the other side of the galaxy in the Omega Nebula, so it wouldn't make much sense for it to still be under central control - if I'm reading the rules right the existing settlement should count as a claim, yes?

That would be a claim, yep. Those Elcor may or may not even still be living, but certainly your state would have some form of political attache on the world, relatively acknowledged by other factions.

The Empire of Tau wrote:

Any news on this front?

Yeah, upon contemplation, I'm going to pass. There are dozens of worlds with eezo deposits of note, most of which are garden or near-garden worlds. I'm perfectly happy folding some form of eezo deposit into the general bonuses garden worlds possess in terms of habitability and available infrastructure, for simplicity, rather than adding modifiers to a swathe of worlds.

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Thu May 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Much obliged for the prompt answers - I've updated my initial setup in the archives - an outpost on both nearby High-Gravity Garden Worlds.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu May 25, 2023 7:13 pm

G-Tech, how many outposts can you have per world, and on what types of worlds can they be built?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse