NATION

PASSWORD

Things Betwixt: A Journey Beyond [OOC | Open] (Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:07 pm

Lazarian wrote:All pending updates coming tonight, and I'll try to spin out the second cycle by Saturday. Very sorry about the delay, and hopefully this won't be a deathblow to the RP - just had a very rough weekend spill into a nasty workweek.

When it rains, it pours and all that.

Rp's still alive in my books. Anticipating the next moves.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 pm

All is well, looking forward to the retros and new updates! Hope that this end of your week goes better for you OP

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:49 am

Lazarian wrote:All pending updates coming tonight, and I'll try to spin out the second cycle by Saturday. Very sorry about the delay, and hopefully this won't be a deathblow to the RP - just had a very rough weekend spill into a nasty workweek.

'tis the curse of the Muses, they really hate when we try to make use of their creativity
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:11 am

I'm here just waiting to become part of Haggart's crew and living the easy Gnoll life.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:14 am

Talchyon wrote:

Rp's still alive in my books. Anticipating the next moves.

Hey OP - had a thought.

Perhaps it's better to have MOVE be last after INTERACTION. Because if you're moving first, you have no idea what the new place / room / area has to interact with. If you move last, that gives you as the OP the chance to set the scene.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019

Postby Ceystile » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:12 pm

editing my first post, though it's a little late and I understand.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:17 pm

OP, how are things coming with the update? Thanks. Still here.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Talchyon wrote:OP, how are things coming with the update? Thanks. Still here.

Also chiming in that I'm still here.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:32 am

This isn't my proudest moment, but I assumed that after I missed a week (due to various personal circumstances) that my players had run off and the game was dead in its tracks.

If people are still down, I'm down to slam out some responses and attempt to kick the train back into gear.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:33 am

Alright, so here's where we stand before the update - assuming I still have enough lads to keep going, anyways.

Sorry, Lunas, but the Oracle isn't a multi-step, so you'll get the result on the update. I do need a Move decision - your options are Southwest, South, Southeast, and East.

CSR, your response is up.

G, your response is up.

Talch, your response is up.

Ralnis, your response is up.

Ceystile, I still need you to pick one of the three paths if you're still interested.

Osty, I've retroed you into the first turn update. That being said, if everyone else gets moving faster, I may run you a turn behind.
Last edited by Lazarian on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 am

https://youtu.be/nKEyaQHf5co
I have heard the summons, I have returned to continue my mission.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:34 am

Lazarian wrote:This isn't my proudest moment, but I assumed that after I missed a week (due to various personal circumstances) that my players had run off and the game was dead in its tracks.

If people are still down, I'm down to slam out some responses and attempt to kick the train back into gear.

My body is ready! I'm only in New Civs and this at the moment, so I have all the time.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 am

Hi Laz, thank you for retroing me in, hopefully I can get my response in soon, however- I can't actually see it in the first update post or the rest of the IC!

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 am

Ovstylap wrote:Hi Laz, thank you for retroing me in, hopefully I can get my response in soon, however- I can't actually see it in the first update post or the rest of the IC!

Well, shoot, it looks like it didn't save. Give me like, ten minutes.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:19 am

Lazarian wrote:
Ovstylap wrote:Hi Laz, thank you for retroing me in, hopefully I can get my response in soon, however- I can't actually see it in the first update post or the rest of the IC!

Well, shoot, it looks like it didn't save. Give me like, ten minutes.

Aha sure thing

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:23 am

Lazarian wrote:Alright, so here's where we stand before the update - assuming I still have enough lads to keep going, anyways.

Sorry, Lunas, but the Oracle isn't a multi-step, so you'll get the result on the update. I do need a Move decision - your options are Southwest, South, Southeast, and East.

CSR, your response is up.

G, your response is up.

Talch, your response should be up within the next hour.

Ralnis, your response is up.

Ceystile, I still need you to pick one of the three paths if you're still interested.

Osty, I've retroed you into the first turn update. That being said, if everyone else gets moving faster, I may run you a turn behind.

Ah. Hm.

Then East again it is, and assuming that Curiosity survives the Oracle/still gets to act, he'll use his scout ability to scout out Southeast.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:33 am

Ovstylap wrote:
Lazarian wrote:Well, shoot, it looks like it didn't save. Give me like, ten minutes.

Aha sure thing

Response for Tallach's Loyal Band entered at the bottom of the Turn 1 Update.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:46 am

Alright, nobody should have anything outstanding now.

I'm going to attempt to push Turn 2 out on Saturday, assuming I have a majority of posters in (4/6). Future turns will have fewer multi-step events and will likely move more quickly - and if it looks like I'm going to fall off the wagon again, I'll let people know instead of going silent.

As for the "ask questions" starter events, try to list out all 3/4 questions at once, just in the interest of time.
Last edited by Lazarian on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:37 am

Thanks OP! I will get a post up before then. Glad to see we're still going!

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:30 pm

Real quick - for combat encounters, would you prefer for me to put down the raw results of the fight (ie, who took damage) and let you all write the scene, or would you like me to write out how it went based on the rolls? I can do it differently based on each player.

For example, if the player was writing it, I'd just put:

The Hound's Heirs run into wolves. They make short work of them without taking too much damage - Dismas slays the first wolf, Junia the second, and Reynauld the third. Parcelsius takes 2 Vitality damage from the second wolf before it can be finished off.

and then the player would write out in more detail in their post. Alternatively, I'd write a few paragraphs based on the rolls, like,

As the Hound's Heirs wander down the old road, they hear howling in the distance. It is not long before the source of this howling reveals itself - three wolves slink out from the undergrowth, fangs dripping with saliva in anticipation of a potential meal.

Dismas is ready for them, though, and charges at the creatures with his sword at hand. With a mighty swing, he strikes a clean blow, severing the head from the body in a single powerful stroke. The other two wolves launch themselves at Parcelsius and Junia in a rush of fur and claws. The first one lands a powerful bite on Parcelsius's calf, sinking its fangs into exposed flesh. [-2 Vitality!]

Junia dodges out of the way of the second, narrowly missing the same fate. Reynauld swings at her attacker, hitting it in the side - and seconds later, Junia finishes it off with a quick strike from her cudgel. The remaining wolf attempts to sink its sharp claws into Parcelsius's chest, but she is able to hold it mostly at bay with leather-gloved hands. Parcelsius attempts to strike it as she grapples with it, but is unable to. Alhazred conjures up flame in his hands, seeking to obliterate the creature, but the flames spark and crackle into nothing. Dismas swings, but misses again. Reynauld, however, has no such misfortune - he grips the creature by the neck and hurls it against a nearby stone. It lands with a crunching sound, before falling limply to the ground.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:13 pm

Lazarian wrote:Real quick - for combat encounters, would you prefer for me to put down the raw results of the fight (ie, who took damage) and let you all write the scene, or would you like me to write out how it went based on the rolls? I can do it differently based on each player.

For example, if the player was writing it, I'd just put:

The Hound's Heirs run into wolves. They make short work of them without taking too much damage - Dismas slays the first wolf, Junia the second, and Reynauld the third. Parcelsius takes 2 Vitality damage from the second wolf before it can be finished off.

and then the player would write out in more detail in their post. Alternatively, I'd write a few paragraphs based on the rolls, like,

As the Hound's Heirs wander down the old road, they hear howling in the distance. It is not long before the source of this howling reveals itself - three wolves slink out from the undergrowth, fangs dripping with saliva in anticipation of a potential meal.

Dismas is ready for them, though, and charges at the creatures with his sword at hand. With a mighty swing, he strikes a clean blow, severing the head from the body in a single powerful stroke. The other two wolves launch themselves at Parcelsius and Junia in a rush of fur and claws. The first one lands a powerful bite on Parcelsius's calf, sinking its fangs into exposed flesh. [-2 Vitality!]

Junia dodges out of the way of the second, narrowly missing the same fate. Reynauld swings at her attacker, hitting it in the side - and seconds later, Junia finishes it off with a quick strike from her cudgel. The remaining wolf attempts to sink its sharp claws into Parcelsius's chest, but she is able to hold it mostly at bay with leather-gloved hands. Parcelsius attempts to strike it as she grapples with it, but is unable to. Alhazred conjures up flame in his hands, seeking to obliterate the creature, but the flames spark and crackle into nothing. Dismas swings, but misses again. Reynauld, however, has no such misfortune - he grips the creature by the neck and hurls it against a nearby stone. It lands with a crunching sound, before falling limply to the ground.

Myself, I'm perfectly happy just getting the results. Less work on you, more room for characterization.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019

Postby Ceystile » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:39 pm

I just haven’t been able to come up with much, I know I needed to edit my first post but couldn’t really think of a second

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:47 pm

Ceystile wrote:I just haven’t been able to come up with much, I know I needed to edit my first post but couldn’t really think of a second

Well, to clarify things, all you need to do each post is provide how they react and what they do in the situation - then the update comes along and presents a scenario, then you react again. It has a bit of a different structure than what you may be used to.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:45 pm

Ouch.

It's a good thing Contempt is around to manage Stability (albeit in her own specific way).

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:54 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Ouch.

It's a good thing Contempt is around to manage Stability (albeit in her own specific way).

Oof, ow, ouch. Brain hurting horrors beyond our comprehension indeed.

But hey, your folks will deal with such a setback better than most.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse