NATION

PASSWORD

Corporate Cosmos [IC | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:29 am

Internal memo to Senior Corp, from Archie Robins

The Race for the Stars will inevitably be a race to develop the most significant leaps in science and technology, especially relating to materials innovation, and the design of ships capable of incorporating and withstanding the use of the JumpDrives. To conduct tests in space at this time is still incredibly expensive, even as we expand JumpDrive production. Therefore we need the capability to conduct vast numbers of incredibly complex calculations. We need to process data, optimise our computing processes, and work with artificial intelligence. This is the way to the future. To win the Race for the Stars, we must win the race for technology. This must be our overriding prerogative, and the growth of profit is to enable reinvestment for this purpose. All action must be fundamentally underpinned by ensuring that we can reinvest in research and development.

KICKK is conducting the Minor Action: Prioritize New Markets

Australia: 2 Demand, 29-->25 capital, 11 Industry, 4-->8 Innovation, 2 Factories, 2 Labs, 1 Mineral (2) deposit, 1 Merc
East Africa: 13 Demand, 3 capital 1 Merc
Oceania: 13 Demand
France: 2 Farms, 13 Demand

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:25 pm

Realizing the changing interstellar political landscape that came with renewed contact with Earth. The Planetary Union announced its plans to establish a military force consisting of four branches: Space Forces, Land Forces, Bureau of Police and Natural Hazard Control. The intention is to have a small but well equipped force that will be able to respond to threats both local and interstellar while also providing security in the new space frontier as humanity resumes its journeys through the stars. The plans for the Union Defense Force to be fully-established by the 1st of September 2120.

The Union Defense Force will be established in three phases:

Phase 1 - Establish a well equipped core consisting of 25 space ships and 1000 personnel. Initially designed as a rapid response force that can respond to threats.

Phase 2 - Further growth to include an increase in terrestrial forces including land, sea, air and special operations forces along with an increase in space assets including additional ships, support craft and personnel totalling 50,000 across all branches. At this point the UDF will be considered a self-sufficient organization capable of conducting independent operations if required but would still require assistance from other commissions if it requires more than its own capacity to deal with any threat or mission. For this purpose, a new Defense Commission will be added to the government.

Phase 3 - The Fence Stewards will be offered the chance to join the Natural Hazard Control, which will offer better compensation. The Hazard Control's responsibilities will be the same as the Fence Stewards with the addition to rural infrastructure protection and emergency response. This would also allow the Union to better prepare for any future planetary natural disasters that may occur. It is expected that 50,000 Fence Stewards will join Hazard Control, thus increasing the UDF's total personnel to 100,000.

Bonus Action One - Minor: Recruit Volunteers
Stats
Population:16 - 1 (Recruit Volunteers)= 15
Battalions: 0 + 1 (Recruit Volunteers) = 1
Capital: 20 - 7 (Recruit Volunteers) = 13
Hunger: 16
Public Opinion: 19
Innovation: 2

Effect: Extrasolar Power
;Until: December 2130
;Public opinion per Month: +5
;Food Aid efficacy multiplier: x2

Effect: Independent Localism
;Hunger per Month: -3
;Capital per Month: -1
;Taxation Income Change: -4 Capital

Wheath
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wheath » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:19 pm

Commision Office of Porto Alexandria, Montefaune
May, 2120

“To reassure the government, Pavo Innovative had provided ten projects for FTL alone: four researching ways to stabilize existing wormholes, three designing superluminal thrusters, two orbital slingshots, and a developing relay dark-drive theory; alongside various other projects ranging from asteroid and planetary mining, fuel refining, and orbital satellites.”
Excerpt from Corporate Cosmos: An Age of Expansion

There was something awfully predatory about that official, thought Stilton. Maybe I’m just unaccustomed to strangers’ physical interactions.

PAVINN has begun to Solicit Investors Receive Private Donations
Pavo Innovative has finished surveying a Quality-4 Mineral Deposit
Capital: 5 (+3) -> 8
Industry: 0
Minerals: 0
Labs: 0
Factories: 0
Mines: 0
Θ, θ = theta, no need to join the revival. Anyway, why does the thorn (Þ) looks like phi (Φ, φ)?
Forum RP XP
My intro to NS began with an obscure flash game referenced in an ex-nation's Dispatch.
"For it is the chief characteristic of the religion of science that it works..." - Isaac Asimov, Foundation
·ω··ω·

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:18 pm

President Leduc cleared her throat. “I will be making a statement at the end of this roundtable,” she said, hoping that would put an end to it.

Commissioner Bishop smiled and sat back down without saying another word. He wondered if he had misunderstood her hint: maybe he thought she wanted to know more about his methods?

Leduc's phone rang. “This is an important call. I need to leave the room.” she said. “Please do not leave until I return. I want you to tell me everything about your methods and how you achieve such results."

Commissioner Bishop stood up as she walked out the door, and he turned around to shut it before taking a seat again. He was feeling strange—the smell of grapevine on his clothes was overpowering even after a few days away from his apartment; he checked that his collar was still tucked in at the front. Commissioner Ndabezitha advised told him to tell her everything, but there were some things that didn't need sharing... not even with someone like her.

Personal note from a researcher:
Dear Diary, my week has been terribly busy! I have been asked by Commisioner Ndabezitha herself to assist in updating our plans for interstellar travel! We are going to meet tomorrow at 10 AM -FV

No Action
Stats
Population:15
Battalions: 1
Capital: 13
Hunger: 16
Public Opinion: 19
Innovation: 2

Effect: Extrasolar Power
;Until: December 2130
;Public opinion per Month: +5
;Food Aid efficacy multiplier: x2