NATION

PASSWORD

DELETED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Borin
Secretary

Founded: Sep 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

DELETED

Postby Borin » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:07 pm

The Year 2046, This year was important in Mankind’s history, not because of the Futuristic Mars Colonies, or because of the 300 million people on the Moon, or the Beginning of World Peace, no, this year was important for one reason, First Contact.

Humans have long Dreamed of encountering a Advanced Alien Civilization, and in 2046, this finally happened, the Borin, sent radio signals into space that just so Happened to reach the Earth by Chance, humans and scientists were Eccentric for this Discovery

Communications between the 2 Species quickly advanced, with the Borin just as happy for encountering humans, the Humans and Borins agreed that Humanity would send a Vessel to their star system to formally greet them.

In 2054, 8 years after First Contact, the Oblivion, was launched to Borin, the ship had advanced light speed technology, and would reach the Borin Civilization in 500 Years, the Oblivion launched to Borin, and was on its Way.

In 2057 communication with the Borin stopped, as they stopped responding to any Radio signals sent towards them, little did humanity know the reason this Was.

Over at Borin, there Star, Anu, had shrunken and Borin abruptly froze over, The Borins were forced to move into giant underground cities to not die, and they completely forgot about Humanity and the Outside world.

Now, in the year 2511, The Oblivion finally reached Borin, but little did they know, what they would have to Face.

How will you character react to finding a World abandoned by Intelligent Life? What will there story be? And most of all, will they finally make First Contact?

Code: Select all
Sign-ups

1. Character Name:
2. Character Gender:
3. Character Age:
4. Image of your Character, if you Can:
5. Short Biography of your Character:
6. Character Personality:
7. Characters role in the Oblivion:
8. Any other information about your character you think you should Include:
Last edited by Borin on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Alien Civilization that was forced to move Underground after their Star died and their home world cooled to -121.9F, now almost 2000 years later 8 Billion civilians live in this new World they find themselves on, in giant underground metropolises

Join my New RP!: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=524391

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 am

So, FTL communication is possible and fast but FTL travel is not (as of the year 2511)?

I think if fast FTL communication is possible, I can't quite believe that 2054 scientists would advocate for slinging a ship 500 years into the future to this place instead of just speculating that in another 2-3 centuries the engineering problem of moving matter this fast, too will likely be solved.

Also stars don't just shrink over a few hundred years and if they did to a point where life on the surface is no longer possible, then life underground would not either. But there sure are other apokalyptic events possible.

That said, the premise sounds interesting

Borin
Secretary

Founded: Sep 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Borin » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:15 am

Kaledoria wrote:So, FTL communication is possible and fast but FTL travel is not (as of the year 2511)?

I think if fast FTL communication is possible, I can't quite believe that 2054 scientists would advocate for slinging a ship 500 years into the future to this place instead of just speculating that in another 2-3 centuries the engineering problem of moving matter this fast, too will likely be solved.

Also stars don't just shrink over a few hundred years and if they did to a point where life on the surface is no longer possible, then life underground would not either. But there sure are other apokalyptic events possible.

That said, the premise sounds interesting

Thanks for the Advice!, I’m trying to make this RP As fun and Accurate as possible

Any feedback would be loved!
A Alien Civilization that was forced to move Underground after their Star died and their home world cooled to -121.9F, now almost 2000 years later 8 Billion civilians live in this new World they find themselves on, in giant underground metropolises

Join my New RP!: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=524391

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:15 am

This is a fun premise; as a word of advice, though, you might find more participants for a RP like this over in NS or II. P2TM folks are usually a bit leery of interacting directly with your NS canon, as they do wacky things and you likely will want a more serious RP.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse