NATION

PASSWORD

Lord of the Rings: The 4th Age

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 am

Ralnis wrote:Damn, no Orc warchief that has made a small kingdom out of human vassal towns and has a Mongol motiff.

I'd actually be okay with that.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:39 am

Olthenia wrote:How's the status of religion and faith in Near and Far Harad in the 4th Age? What do people believe in, and is there an organized religon of some sort that can mobilize the masses, one way or the other?

Make one make up whatever you want. Just keep in mind the Silmarillion is canon.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:40 am

Sonakion wrote:Name: Âdul
Race: Orc(goblin)
Rank: Count(Would this be correct for Orc warchief because I'd imagine the Orc lands are largely divided into various clans and warbands which while they can intimidate and perhaps even demand tribute have no other control over other clans)
Realm: ÂdulBajark
Objectives: Force all the Orc Chiefs under his total Dominion, resist and eventually march against Gondor in Mordor

Brief Bio: Whilst of lesser stature than his brethren Âdul has greater intelect and cunning than his fellow orcs and even some men such a talent is perhaps attributed to his time as a personal servant of the Mouth of Sauron. Upon the fall of Sauron Âdul fled to the Eastern Marches with his soldiers and established his own petty kingdom which has grown thanks to his better Diplomacy and cunning along with better training and formation of his armies compared to other Orc Chieftains.

Realm Name: Arnad -o rhûn Mordor(Elvish, Ádul showing off his intelect whilst also attempting to make himself more noticeable than the many other Orc petty Kingdom's) or ÂdulBajark( name used by other orcs)
Realm Capital: DurAfarDâ
Ruler: Âdul
Tier: County
Location: Part of East Marches, stretches to include a few nearby human vassal settlements.
Population: Need help for this bit

Orc Chief = Count
Orc Warchief = Duke

idk something like that. ACCEPTED123

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 am

Sonakion wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Damn, no Orc warchief that has made a small kingdom out of human vassal towns and has a Mongol motiff.

Hello There

Can't find the East Marches on the map. Where is it?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:22 am

Ralnis wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Hello There

Ah, and this was my question.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Sonakion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sonakion » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:28 am

Ralnis wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Hello There

Well I chose the east marshes after seeing another user suggest there'd be a lot of orcs around them. I presume the East Marshes are the Dead Marshes and surrounding land.
Last edited by Sonakion on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:31 am

Sonakion wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Can't find the East Marches on the map. Where is it?

Well I chose the east marshes after seeing another user suggest there'd be a lot of orcs around them. I presume the East Marshes are the Dead Marshes and surrounding land.

That's what I thought, which helps one of my ideas into invading the Wold and krump some Rohan Knights.
Last edited by Ralnis on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:52 am

Yaruqo wrote:
Name: Duinhir "the Quiet"
Race: Man
Realm: Lebennin (Gondor)
Objectives: Maintain peace between the Realms of Men, maintain his family's position at court, ensure the security of Lebennin and Pelargir.
Brief Bio: The oldest son of Prince Sirhon, the second Prince of Lebennin, Duinhir was raised with a nose in his books. He had an eye for numbers, a talent his father had cultivated. A shy boy with an aversion to fighting, the princeling observed much when he kept to himself and others paid no mind to him. As he grew, he developed a mind for politics and stewardship, though he never outgrew his shyness, a fact that earned him the moniker "the Quiet," a name that has stuck even as he took his father's place.

Realm Name: Lebennin
Realm Capital: Pelargir
Ruler: Duinhir, Son of Sirhon and Prince of Lebennin
Tier: Duchy
Population: ~800,000 consisting of Númenóreans, Men of Gondor, and Men of mixed blood, including those descended from the Men of the Mountain.

Revised the app to include population. Need anything else for it to be approved?
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:05 am

Sonakion wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Can't find the East Marches on the map. Where is it?

Hmm. The Dead Marshes would definitely be an interesting place to build an orc faction. Traditionally the orcs weren’t a huge fan of them, marching leagues out of the way to avoid crossing them. But in desperation, they or the Emyn Muil would be good places to hide from men, and difficult for Gondor to effectively control.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Sonakion
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sonakion » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:59 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Well I chose the east marshes after seeing another user suggest there'd be a lot of orcs around them. I presume the East Marshes are the Dead Marshes and surrounding land.

Hmm. The Dead Marshes would definitely be an interesting place to build an orc faction. Traditionally the orcs weren’t a huge fan of them, marching leagues out of the way to avoid crossing them. But in desperation, they or the Emyn Muil would be good places to hide from men, and difficult for Gondor to effectively control.

Yea exactly. Now its entirety possible its an entirely different Eastern marshes but I can't think of any other suitable candidates so I say its the dead marshes.

Sonakion
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sonakion » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Well I chose the east marshes after seeing another user suggest there'd be a lot of orcs around them. I presume the East Marshes are the Dead Marshes and surrounding land.

That's what I thought, which helps one of my ideas into invading the Wold and krump some Rohan Knights.

Wait potential fellow orc chief?

Sonakion
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sonakion » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Dentali wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Name: Âdul
Race: Orc(goblin)
Rank: Count(Would this be correct for Orc warchief because I'd imagine the Orc lands are largely divided into various clans and warbands which while they can intimidate and perhaps even demand tribute have no other control over other clans)
Realm: ÂdulBajark
Objectives: Force all the Orc Chiefs under his total Dominion, resist and eventually march against Gondor in Mordor

Brief Bio: Whilst of lesser stature than his brethren Âdul has greater intelect and cunning than his fellow orcs and even some men such a talent is perhaps attributed to his time as a personal servant of the Mouth of Sauron. Upon the fall of Sauron Âdul fled to the Eastern Marches with his soldiers and established his own petty kingdom which has grown thanks to his better Diplomacy and cunning along with better training and formation of his armies compared to other Orc Chieftains.

Realm Name: Arnad -o rhûn Mordor(Elvish, Ádul showing off his intelect whilst also attempting to make himself more noticeable than the many other Orc petty Kingdom's) or ÂdulBajark( name used by other orcs)
Realm Capital: DurAfarDâ
Ruler: Âdul
Tier: County
Location: Part of East Marches, stretches to include a few nearby human vassal settlements.
Population: Need help for this bit

Orc Chief = Count
Orc Warchief = Duke

idk something like that. ACCEPTED123

I presume Duke is the highest possible Orc rank currently.
Should I worry about population or for Orc Chiefs does it not matter?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Sonakion wrote:
Ralnis wrote:That's what I thought, which helps one of my ideas into invading the Wold and krump some Rohan Knights.

Wait potential fellow orc chief?

Yeah, either south or west of the Marches depending on how much I can get away with a Snaga having a Ring of power to make him a better Snaga than usual. Maybe invisibility.

Sonakion
Diplomat

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sonakion » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:01 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Wait potential fellow orc chief?

Yeah, either south or west of the Marches depending on how much I can get away with a Snaga having a Ring of power to make him a better Snaga than usual. Maybe invisibility.

That will be Interesting to see play out.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:44 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sonakion wrote:Wait potential fellow orc chief?

Orcs are definitely in a unique situation in that their safe locations are very few, but their long term prognosis isn’t bad. The Greenwood, for instance, might be relatively easy to control as the Silvan Elves continue to wane.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:17 pm

Ralnis wrote:Yeah, either south or west of the Marches depending on how much I can get away with a Snaga having a Ring of power to make him a better Snaga than usual. Maybe invisibility.

Orcs are definitely in a unique situation in that their safe locations are very few, but their long term prognosis isn’t bad. The Greenwood, for instance, might be relatively easy to control as the Silvan Elves continue to wane.

Rebuild Dol Guldor, maybe find a lost Ring of Power, use it as a capital for the Snaga to conquer the Greenwood. Make an alliance with what's left of Shelob's children and the power over the wood is secured against the Silvan.

Use said base to launch raids into Rohan for manflesh and ally with the Orcs of the Marches and you have one powerful threat.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:20 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Rebuild Dol Guldor, maybe find a lost Ring of Power, use it as a capital for the Snaga to conquer the Greenwood. Make an alliance with what's left of Shelob's children and the power over the wood is secured against the Silvan.

Use said base to launch raids into Rohan for manflesh and ally with the Orcs of the Marches and you have one powerful threat.

Indeed, indeed. Though after two hundred years of Silvan dominion over the Greenwood, any of Ungoliant’s lineage will have been hard pressed to survive.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:30 pm

Ralnis wrote:Rebuild Dol Guldor, maybe find a lost Ring of Power, use it as a capital for the Snaga to conquer the Greenwood. Make an alliance with what's left of Shelob's children and the power over the wood is secured against the Silvan.

Indeed, indeed. Though after two hundred years of Silvan dominion over the Greenwood, any of Ungoliant’s lineage will have been hard pressed to survive.

True, but even if there's a few. Would be a massive help and ambule supply of men could slowly get those numbers up.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:42 pm

Ralnis wrote:

True, but even if there's a few. Would be a massive help and ambule supply of men could slowly get those numbers up.

Even so. ‘twould be the OP’s decision, of course, not mine.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:True, but even if there's a few. Would be a massive help and ambule supply of men could slowly get those numbers up.

Even so. ‘twould be the OP’s decision, of course, not mine.

True, just leave it that the Snaga alone have control over Greenwood and have used it as a launching point for their Sneak Chief's raids into Rohan and other lands. If he can get the Ring of Power.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:22 pm

Hm.

How many more-or-less safe spaces are there for potential orc warchiefs these days, anyway? The Dead Marches, Emyn Muil, and...?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Olthenia wrote:Hm.

How many more-or-less safe spaces are there for potential orc warchiefs these days, anyway? The Dead Marches, Emyn Muil, and...?

Eastern Mordor, Mountains, caves, Greenwood and other forests. In the sewers of a city.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Olthenia wrote:Hm.

Hmm. Let's see.

Fairly safe: Ered Mithrin, Ered Lithui, Ephel Duath, Gorgoroth, the Mountains of Rhun, Angmar, Tharbad, Forodwaith, the Ettenmoors, Rhudaur, Northern Vale of the Anduin, the Withered Heath, the Dead Marshes, Emyn Muil, Forochel, Eryn Vorn, Andrast, Harad, Khand, Umbar.

Potentially safe? Dol Guldur, the Greenwood, the Misty Mountains, the Brown Lands, Nurnen, Harondor, Ered Nimrais, Enedwaith, Dunland, Minhiriath, Ered Luin, Forlindon, Harlindon, Emyn Uial, North Downs, Cardolan, Eregion, Dorwinion, the Wold.

Just off the top of my head. The last list is more dependent on local circumstances, and how much the power of various local governments has waned. Places like Lindon might be very hospitable to Orcs, actually, with almost all of the elves having departed to Aman or been gathered to the halls of Thranduil or other green-elves. The time of the elves is, after all, over.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:25 pm

So I have an idea I wanted to run by first.

Essentially taking Tolkien's actual plans for a potential Fourth Age story, that is, a cult that worships Morgoth and Sauron as deities. Obviously, we know that the Easterlings and Haradrim were under Sauron's thralldom during the 2nd and 3rd ages, but instead of worshiping him as a dark lord, they worship him as a deity of enlightenment, under his original name Mairon.

Basically, this would be an Egyptian-styled people with elements of Phoenicia and the Aztecs, being involved in human sacrifice (as Sauron had done when he was in Numenor) as well as incest, also claiming descent from their deities as the Egyptian pharaohs did (whether or not it's literally true isn't important, although incarnate Maiar do seem to be able to procreate, as Melian was able to). Taking the spirit of Tolkien, that Middle-Earth is just our earth in the distant path, it seems to me that technology has been stagnant and in decline since Numenor, who are basically the Atlanteans, we'd seen a moving backward--if Godor was an Iron Age civilisation, Bronze Age would follow. This is also in keeping with Tolkien's view that history is a "long defeat".

But this empire would be arising in the latter part of King Elessar's reign and later Eldarion's reign, and now encroaching on Middle-Earth proper.
Last edited by Britanania on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:12 pm

Britanania wrote:So I have an idea I wanted to run by first.

Essentially taking Tolkien's actual plans for a potential Fourth Age story, that is, a cult that worships Morgoth and Sauron as deities. Obviously, we know that the Easterlings and Haradrim were under Sauron's thralldom during the 2nd and 3rd ages, but instead of worshiping him as a dark lord, they worship him as a deity of enlightenment, under his original name Mairon.

Basically, this would be an Egyptian-styled people with elements of Phoenicia and the Aztecs, being involved in human sacrifice (as Sauron had done when he was in Numenor) as well as incest, also claiming descent from their deities as the Egyptian pharaohs did (whether or not it's literally true isn't important, although incarnate Maiar do seem to be able to procreate, as Melian was able to). Taking the spirit of Tolkien, that Middle-Earth is just our earth in the distant path, it seems to me that technology has been stagnant and in decline since Numenor, who are basically the Atlanteans, we'd seen a moving backward--if Godor was an Iron Age civilisation, Bronze Age would follow. This is also in keeping with Tolkien's view that history is a "long defeat".

But this empire would be arising in the latter part of King Elessar's reign and later Eldarion's reign, and now encroaching on Middle-Earth proper.

Hmm. Well, as the writer for Rhun, I'm a bit leery of the idea of a unified Rhun-Harad mega-society. That is what you are postulating, effectively?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse