NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome To Harkback Union - OOC - Half-closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 pm

App above accepted!

Gonna take a 2 hour break, gonna have replies to everyone after that.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:36 pm

Awesome! Did a quick introductory post to get Sahara to the baggage claim. Not the most exciting prompt, but it could go sideways very quickly.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Awesome! Did a quick introductory post to get Sahara to the baggage claim. Not the most exciting prompt, but it could go sideways very quickly.

Join interrogated by customs gang.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:11 pm

Eyyy i got a telegram from you, Harkback! Does tbat means i got the passport?

Also, very nice setting.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:41 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Eyyy i got a telegram from you, Harkback! Does tbat means i got the passport?

Also, very nice setting.

Yes, Well, passport is just a fancy name for application form.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Luciano San Tomas

Postby New Luciannova » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:03 pm

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: San Tomas
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Luciano
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Mexico
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Mexico City
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Los Estados Undiso de Mexico
-
ID Number/Numéro d'identification/Ідэнтыфікацыйны нумар:
- 3-5-7-8-7
Customs Declaration/Déclaration en douane/Мытная дэкларацыя:
-9mm pistol
-a silver chalice
-a trunk of clothing
-a Catholic Bible in Spanish
-30 9mm rounds
-general hygenie products (razor, deoderant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc)
-utility knife
-pocket magnetic chess set
-stationary, pens, paper, etc.
-camoflage passport
-walking cane that conceals sword
-bnig rolling backpack
-Antonia, his younger sister.
-Rosary beads
-Sawed off shotgun with ample buckshot
-Deck of playing cards
-Book of legal principles

Talents- despite not being willing to resort to violence, San Tomas relies on cunning and charisma to survive. He abhors violene but is a capable pistol marksman and talented with both his brass handled stick and rapier it conceals. He would prefer to escape or talk his way out of a problem than expose himself to violence, but is fast-talking, brash, and often a dramatic character. He is often more introverted until he is interested in something and he has a lifelong promise to protect his younger sister, and often forgets she can probably take care of herself.
Luciano can be charismatic and sometimes even dishonest when it suits him. He is skilled intellectually and can count cards and earned money doing this in smaller and sometimes questionably legal establishments in Mexico.
Luciano San Tomas was born to a respectable and relatively wealthy family in Mexico, when he was only 9 he and his sister, Antonia, who was only 5, were orphaned by the drug war.
While Luciano felt grief, he managed to channel that into protecting his sister. She was all he had left. The two took a long journey to live with their grandparents. He and Antonia took only essential items, including a silver chalice that their ancestors brought from Spain. Faith in God and sibling bonds held them together.
Luciano developed an enterpreneurial mindset and learned to rely only on his sister and himself. The two managed to move in with their grandparents who lived south of El Paso, although their grandparents found them hard to care for. Both passed away within five years. This left Luciano and Antonia once again alone. Luciano took his grandfather's rosary beads with him as another trinket. The two lived in their grandparents home, before relocating to a more modest hacienda. Luciano was more mentally than physically resilleint and found jobs that were less manual for both he and his sister to sustain any lifestyle.
Luciano developed a stoic and dispassionate and introverted demeanor, and his emotions only truly flared toward protecting Antonia. He worked from the time his parents passed and put himself through school. He enrolled in law school as well, hoping to become a judge or prosecutor and avenge his parents' deaths. However, he soon realized that the government was too corrupt to pursue these cases he cared about and that it would put he and Antonia in danger.
He withdrew from school and booked passage on this ship to protect himself and the only family he has left.
Luciano is 25.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:42 pm

New Luciannova wrote:- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: San Tomas
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Luciano
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Mexico
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Mexico City
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Los Estados Undiso de Mexico
-
- 3-5-7-8-7
-9mm pistol
-a silver chalice
-a trunk of clothing
-a Catholic Bible in Spanish
-30 9mm rounds
-general hygenie products (razor, deoderant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc)
-utility knife
-pocket magnetic chess set
-stationary, pens, paper, etc.
-camoflage passport
-walking cane that conceals sword
-bnig rolling backpack
-Antonia, his younger sister.
-Rosary beads
-Sawed off shotgun with ample buckshot
-Deck of playing cards
-Book of legal principles

Talents- despite not being willing to resort to violence, San Tomas relies on cunning and charisma to survive. He abhors violene but is a capable pistol marksman and talented with both his brass handled stick and rapier it conceals. He would prefer to escape or talk his way out of a problem than expose himself to violence, but is fast-talking, brash, and often a dramatic character. He is often more introverted until he is interested in something and he has a lifelong promise to protect his younger sister, and often forgets she can probably take care of herself.
Luciano can be charismatic and sometimes even dishonest when it suits him. He is skilled intellectually and can count cards and earned money doing this in smaller and sometimes questionably legal establishments in Mexico.
Luciano San Tomas was born to a respectable and relatively wealthy family in Mexico, when he was only 9 he and his sister, Antonia, who was only 5, were orphaned by the drug war.
While Luciano felt grief, he managed to channel that into protecting his sister. She was all he had left. The two took a long journey to live with their grandparents. He and Antonia took only essential items, including a silver chalice that their ancestors brought from Spain. Faith in God and sibling bonds held them together.
Luciano developed an enterpreneurial mindset and learned to rely only on his sister and himself. The two managed to move in with their grandparents who lived south of El Paso, although their grandparents found them hard to care for. Both passed away within five years. This left Luciano and Antonia once again alone. Luciano took his grandfather's rosary beads with him as another trinket. The two lived in their grandparents home, before relocating to a more modest hacienda. Luciano was more mentally than physically resilleint and found jobs that were less manual for both he and his sister to sustain any lifestyle.
Luciano developed a stoic and dispassionate and introverted demeanor, and his emotions only truly flared toward protecting Antonia. He worked from the time his parents passed and put himself through school. He enrolled in law school as well, hoping to become a judge or prosecutor and avenge his parents' deaths. However, he soon realized that the government was too corrupt to pursue these cases he cared about and that it would put he and Antonia in danger.
He withdrew from school and booked passage on this ship to protect himself and the only family he has left.
Luciano is 25.

ACCEPTED
But this is the last application I can accept today. From now on we are closed.
Exceptions are people who tagged earlier or were sent invites or played in at least one previous harkback RP.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Lazarian wrote:- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Obraztsov

Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Vasily

Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: East Vasovia (formerly Arstotzka)

Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Melnikoff, Vasovia

Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: People's Republik of East Vasovia

ID Number/Numéro d'identification/Ідэнтыфікацыйны нумар: 8-8-7-4-3

-Standard Issue East Vasovian Rucksack: Ah, glory to Vasovia! The ever-present companion of the Vasovian infantryman. Made in the typical style of true Vasovian factorywork - cheap nylon material, bland khaki color, uneven stitching. This sad thing is stained with dried liquor and cigarette ash.

-Vasovian Field Uniform: A relic of a nation on the brink of destruction. One olive green pair of pants, one long-sleeved brownish shirt. A pair of well worn-in military boots.

-Imported Arztotskan Wrench: A long, hefty piece of steel. "For mechanic work." he says. "Used to be a tank repairman." he continues with the lie, smiling stiffly. If this hadn't been washed thoroughly, customs would never let this through...

-Vasovian Civilian Clothing: Scratchy undergarments, a thick coat, black gloves, pairs of nondistinctive pants and shirts.

-Citizen's Identification Card: 4041 ANN, 6th Bylontav. Second District's People's Clinic, Melnikoff, Vasovia. You can almost smell the scent of inefficient bureaucracy emanating from this worn plastic card, if you get close enough.

-Two Thousand Lira: These bills, marked with the stiff visages of brave patriots, used to be worth something in the Homeland. Now cigarettes and bullets are currency instead.

-Pack of Western Smokes: Ah, a pack of Zebras. Terrible on the lungs, but pleasant on the lips - for a short time, at least. Nothing tastes quite as good as contraband, after all.

Oh, this was also accepted, just forgot to say so.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:09 pm

I realize I didn't answer all posts in order, but I haven't forgotten about them.
I'll have a reply to everything within 24 hours, or die trying!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:55 am

If you do not like the image for your character in IC op, let me know and I'll try again.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:29 am

OP - Question - Can anyone get on the couch on the conveyor belt? It's not being guarded or anything, right? Dr. Xu might decide his old legs have been standing too long and he needs to rest. :D
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:44 am

Talchyon wrote:OP - Question - Can anyone get on the couch on the conveyor belt? It's not being guarded or anything, right? Dr. Xu might decide his old legs have been standing too long and he needs to rest. :D

Yes, you can, although you would have to backtrack from customs but that shouldn't be a problem.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:23 am

I may have accidentally made a few rolls too difficult. I forgot how much harder d20s are compared to d12s, and the average check was d8/10. I'd like to apologise, but I won't be rerolling those results. I will however keep use smaller dice on average from now.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:18 am

Harkback Union wrote:I realize I didn't answer all posts in order, but I haven't forgotten about them.

No worries! Take all the time you need.

Harkback Union wrote:I may have accidentally made a few rolls too difficult. I forgot how much harder d20s are compared to d12s, and the average check was d8/10. I'd like to apologise, but I won't be rerolling those results. I will however keep use smaller dice on average from now.

I am enticed by the idea of Sahara not having her knapsack (I sent her to baggage first to see if anything would have been confiscated).
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:19 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:I realize I didn't answer all posts in order, but I haven't forgotten about them.

No worries! Take all the time you need.

Harkback Union wrote:I may have accidentally made a few rolls too difficult. I forgot how much harder d20s are compared to d12s, and the average check was d8/10. I'd like to apologise, but I won't be rerolling those results. I will however keep use smaller dice on average from now.

I am enticed by the idea of Sahara not having her knapsack (I sent her to baggage first to see if anything would have been confiscated).

I got a reply for you and G-tech.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:27 am

I'm going to give Talchy a moment to respond, since they said they might want to try and ride the baggage-rails too.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:11 am

Time for me to think about the purpose of Sahara's statuette beyond basic backstory reasons :blink:
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:45 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I'm going to give Talchy a moment to respond, since they said they might want to try and ride the baggage-rails too.

Thanks! My character got on the couch so you should be good to go.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:45 am

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча:
- N/A
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя:
- Eliadora, Mistress of the Shattered Tower
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць:
- The Shattered Tower
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння:
- The Shattered Tower
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента:
- The Shattered Tower
- 2-2-7-7-3-[9: Temporal Authority]
-
Aethergold Pocketwatch | Glimmering unnaturally in the pale twilight of the Union, this pocketwatch ticks loudly with each passing second - a strangely constant delimiter in a realm where time's very flow is fluid. Perhaps the watch itself has a hand in that flow?
Robes of the Endless Void | Thin and wispy fabric, darker than any black that a mortal has ever laid eyes upon. Its origins are unknown, but some say that the greatest scholars of the Shattered Tower were granted such robes only in their fifth eternity of service.
Eliadora's Handbag | A ruby red handbag that always appears to be empty, until its wearer has need of a specific object - then, sometimes, that object will mysteriously appear inside it. The only person who might have any inkling how the bag works is Eliadora herself... and she isn't telling.
Eliadora has a few coins and bills from civilizations past and future tucked away in her robes, unsure if they'll have any value within the borders of the Union.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:55 pm

Sorry G-tech, didn't see your post before I posted mine. If you want, we can have Gregor on the belt, or we can leave him behind in baggage collection.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:10 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Sorry G-tech, didn't see your post before I posted mine. If you want, we can have Gregor on the belt, or we can leave him behind in baggage collection.

Ah, no trouble. I was more expecting a reaction from the Doctor's associate to having a bonus person along on the ride in your post, but I can work with what we have, no trouble.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:59 pm

Time for the first death in the game. :p
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Ralnis wrote:Time for the first death in the game. :p

Sooooo... Uhm...
Do you have somthing to drink or smoke before jumping? It'd be really neat if you did that.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:38 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Time for the first death in the game. :p

Sooooo... Uhm...
Do you have somthing to drink or smoke before jumping? It'd be really neat if you did that.

Not really no, I'm going in blind and broken.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:39 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Sooooo... Uhm...

Not really no, I'm going in blind and broken.

Oh boi, in that case the results are bad.
However, not fatally so.
I'll have to take a 12 hours break now though, expect replies after that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse