NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome To Harkback Union - OOC - Half-closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Welcome To Harkback Union - OOC - Half-closed

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:01 am

A Nation Exploration RPG

Main Theme

Subway to IC

Harkback Productions Discord - Ping here for instant replies

IC NOW OPEN TO PUBLIC!
We are a bit overfull and I may have to turn some folks away, but if you were invited or played in previous games, you should still be good to go!

Note: Please ignore my nation's factbook and politics, as it is has been woefully neglected.

Darkness. Darkness all around. Even the powerful green and red navigational lights suspended on the masts above barely manage to shine a few yards through the impenetrable veil of mist surrounding everything. Its eerily quiet. Just barely, one can hear the echoes of distant fog horns, and faint, soothing sound of the ocean waves below. It has been like this all night.

You're all alone. Noone aboard is crazy enough to be out here at this hour. Its cold and dull. There is nothing to see. But you couldn't sleep. This is the last day of the journey, perhaps its the excitement that kept you awake... or the dread. You can feel something in your stomach, and its not the sea sickness. It comes with the shivers. Its been growing on you every day, from the moment you got the ticket.

"What if they were right..."

Suddenly, a cold wind washes over the deck. The mist around starts to break up, first revealing a sea of stars swimming in the endless expanse above, flickering in rythm with the dancing lights of the aurora borealis.

"What if..."

Below the stars, you can now see streaks of fluffy cotton candy painted golden purple by the forever dawning sun, accompanied by shiny aerostats, mooring on cadmium green radio spires or drifting majesticly in the arctic winds.

"I'll never return?"

Finally, slowly rising out of the sea below, the lights of a neon infested metropolis, shining through columns of smoke and vapor rising from the streets below.
Welcome to the diselpunk distopia of the Harkback Union.

The ocean liner Ella Dorina is speeding full steam towards Port Duwall. Aboard its illustirous decks are 603 passengers from far away worlds, a crew of 55 and 5 stowavays. 663 souls in total. Refugees in search of a new home, tourists in search of a cheap getaway, journalists in search of a story, diplomats in search of détente, spies in search of intelligence, curators in search of artworks and relics, cryptozoologists in search of made up creatures, and amnesiacs in search of their memories, whomever they may be, they must have a reason for coming here, for the voyage is treacherous. Fields of icebergs, torrential cyclones and submarine warfare mean that every journey is a roll of the dice. On top of that, the Harkback Union is exceptionally unpopular as a travel destination. Its considered highly isolationist. Its economy self contained, its culture unfamiliar, its techology enigmatic. Cold climate and remoteness of the country discourage the remainder of potential visitors. But even still, once every full moon, an ocean liner worth of foreigners arrive, with little idea of what awaits them...

This journey at least, went smoothly. The captain is an old sea dog who's been running this route for decades, knows every minefield by heart and could steer his ship to port blindfolded. The weather was rather gloomy, with thick morning fogs and sunless afternoons. Service was exceptional, for 3rd class passenger that is. 2nd class passengers found life aboard pretty all right, if somewhat dull. First class on the other hand complained that their lodgings are "attrociously 2nd grade", compared the restaurants to "Soup kitchens" and found shipboard entertainment "vulgar" . Luckily, halfway through the voyage there was a intriguing murder of a wealthy baron which from then on kept everyone entertained.

Now, the Ella Dorina is mere hour away from dropping anchor. The decks are slowly filling up with early birds, mostly seagulls, but also with people who woke up before sunrise to catch a glimpse of what awaits them. Up until the very last moment, many still doubted if the postcards were truthful, and not some forgery to impress foreigners. But the postcards were indeed deceptive, albeit unintentionally, for that no two dimensional image could possibly prepare the human eye, or the human mind for the pure, unbridled megalomania that was now on display.

Skyscrapers, on top of Skyscrapers, on top of Skyscrapers, with bridges and tangled webs of cables running in between, traffic flowing ceaslessly inbetween. Factories, power and chemical plants, competeing to release their foul byproducts high into the sky. Their ever thinning smokestacks, lined with bright red lights stars shining for reasons unknown to those unfamiliar with air travel. Tall spikes of radio masts painted odd colors by powerful floodlights. To crown it all, a central, cylindrical megatower that somehow manages to dwarf everything around it twofold, and is apparently still under construction, judging by the cranes hanging on its sides. But no, even that is not the end of it.

Where the steel ends, the aerostats take their place. A grand fleet of balloons and airships form a sort of city of their own, with smaller planes commuting back and forth. The giant neon letters "SKYLAND" shown on the side of one such vessel.

THE UNION

There are no towns or cities in the harkback union, there is only, *The City*, an all encompassing metroplex of surreal proportions, with each of its districts large enough to be considered a major metropolis, or even a whole country all on their own. Indeed, what's now considered the Harkback Union was at some point a colorful patchwork of theocratic republics, romantic kingdoms and mercantile city states, who's independence was eroded by the ceasless march of industry and urbanization. Verdant forests, rolling hills, fjords, fantastic glaciers and pristine clean lakes, all sacrificed at the altar of wealth and progress. Pollution is... beyond description.

Little is known about harkback society. Actually, quite a lot is thought to be *known* by outsiders, but depending on who you ask, you might get a completely different picture. Local radio broadcasts are almost impossible to receive elsewhere because of atmospheric interference, and few books or newspapers made it abroad since the union's formation, but a handful of smugglers, dissidents and travelers have shared their stories with foreign press. But these stories are inconsistent and given little credibility. One thing that they all warn about however, is that this society makes no differene between tourists and its people, that everyone who arrives is immediately drafted into the workforce. They call it the "Time Tax" and that its almost impossible to dodge. To make matters worse, use and exchange of foreign currency is forbidden by law. Its said that there is a thriving black market where foreign currency can be of value, and an underground canal used to escape authorities, but their location and extend are unknown.

There are no embassies in the H.U., neither does the H.U. have embassies abroad. You will be completely on your own here. The H.U. also doesn't have any official seat of government that you know of that could be contacted. Finally, there is something slightly positive about this place, at least before you think about it. The language here is... International. That is to say, great many languages are being used, especially those former independent states that now compose the Union. You're bound to speak one of them.

PASSPORTS

One doesn't need a passport to enter the Hackback Union, but one does need it to board the Ella Dorina. In case you didn't have a passport, you can always forge one.

Code: Select all
[u][i][size=200]- PASSPORT -[/size][/i][/u]

[img][/img]

[b][i]Surname/Nom/Прозвішча[/i][/b]:
-
[b][i]Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя[/i][/b]:
-
[b][i]Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць[/i][/b]:
-
[b][i]Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння[/i][/b]:
-
[b][i]Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента[/i][/b]:
-
[i][b]ID Number/Numéro d'identification/Ідэнтыфікацыйны нумар[/b][/i]:
- 0-0-0-0-0
[i][b]Customs Declaration/Déclaration en douane/Мытная дэкларацыя[/b][/i]:
-

ID NUMBER

This number is the shorthand for your character's attributes and abilities.
Your character has 5 attributes (by default).
The total number should be no more then 30 (including any special attribute) and cannot be double digit, but it can be 0 (which means you always roll 100).

VIOLENCE - Your willingness and skill to be violent, both towards people and objects.
DARING - Your readiness to act quickly, perform stunts, operate vehicles or do anything else dangerous.
CURIOSITY - Your ability to find secrets, hidden objects, see beyond the veil of secrecy engulfing the world around you.
IMAGINATION - Your creativity and capacity for abstraction, useful for thinking.
STYLE - Your style...

In addition, you may have a 6th number, representing whatever special talent your character has, but this should be negotiated on a case to case basis.

Example:
A violence of 1, daring 5, curiosity 3, imagination 4, style 8 and special attribute "jazz" of 9 (a very talented musician) would translate to
1-5-3-4-8-9

ITEMS, INFLUENCE AND WEALTH
- You may bring with you as many items and cash from your homeland as you can fit into the cargo hold, but do keep in mind that there will probably be a customs inspection. There is no official list of what items are allowed in the Union, or any kind of tariffs on imports. But, for some reason, there is a thriving smuggling ring.
- You may also be from any rank within your country, even the head of state himself.
- You may even go so far as to bring companions with you from your country, but if everyone is doing that things might get tricky so please only do that if you really really really need to entourage (no, they do not need passports or stats, and should be considered... disposable if the plot demands it).
- One thing you may not have however, is any kind of contact or hidden stash or secret hideout already withing the H.U. UNLESS you discuss it with me first before you join the game.

ACTIONS

- Everybody plays their own character from their own countries, I play as the world.

- If you wish to explore/do something tricky, do not assume that it succeeds. Instead, end your post with an ACTION (My character tries to do YXZ) and I will reply with the results as soon as possible. Things that succeed 99.999% of the time (eating breakfast, getting dressed, blinking) do not count as actions of course, but anything beyond that does. Any attempt to gain information about the world, obtain items or interact with people/vehicles/machinery also counts as actions.

- Success rate of actions depend on your characters attribute score, and the difficulty of what you are trying to do. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, but the odds won't always be good. To tell whether you succeed or not, and by how much, a dice is rolled. d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20 or d100. If the roll is LOWER or EQUAL to your relevant attribute you succeed. If you roll a 1, its an epic success. If you rolled the maximum on the dice, You fail miserably. EXCEPTION: If your attribute score is higher then the maximum roll, and you rolled the maximum, a new dice is rolled from the next difficulty rating to determine results. This can repeat several times if you are very unlucky.
Difficulties:
d4 = Cakewalk. (Walking on a cake)
d6 = Routine. (Cutting up a cake evenly)
d8 = Doable. (Baking a cake)
d10 = Tricky (Throwing a cake at a mime)
d12 = Hard (Dodging a high-velocity cake)
d20 = Nightmare (Repairing a broken cake)
d100 = Impossible. (Not eating the cake)

INJURIES & DEATH
- From the moment you get off the ship, your character may suffer injuries relevant to one or more of your attributes. These attribute will be reduced until you manage to heal the injuries. For example, you may spill tomato sauce on your aviator jacket. This will lower your style by -2 until you manage to get it dry-cleaned. Or you may accidentally get 9 grams of lead lodged in your cerebral cortex. This would reduce your imagination by -5 until you get brain surgery.

- If any attribute reaches the domain of negative numbers, you may... PANIC! or FAINT! or be MORTIFIED!. This may cause you to lose control of your character temporarily or pernamently, Depending on the circumstances, perhaps someone might be able to still save you, but if not there will be more ships coming later!

KNOWLEDGE AND MYSTERY
- All players should start out with fairly limited knowledge of the H.U., or at least, limited accurate information. You may know rumors, or even be certain of this or that statistic, but use them in speech or thought bubbles, not in narration so as to avoid confusion.
- Information you gain through exploration, investigation and interactions are called CLUES FRAGMENTS.

FRAGMENTS are insights into the inner workings of the union required to piece together what the hell is going on. Fragments can be
- Shared to other visitors.
- Analyzed or combined.
- Sold at the black market.

TIME Or the lack of it
- Part of the H.U. is built beyond the 66th parallel, the time of day is a constant twilight this time of year. However, in some districts you might see broad daylight, or there can be a sudden heatwave. The weather is erratic with all the steam and artificial suns. Point is, it can be really hard to tell "what time it is". You can have breakfast or tea any time.
- We will not synch up the clocks of visitors. Anyone can interact with anyone else, no matter where they are in the story, thats just how it works here (You still have to be in the same location, at least).

Some actions performed will cause time to move forward for your character by 1 Harkback Hour. Time progress is kept track for each character by the OP. When you accumulate 10 hours for your character, your timer is reset and something(s) will happen. These actions are:
- Travel on a single transit line any number of stops.
- Travel by taxi anywhere.
- Explore an area to find new locations.
- Crafting/Cooking/Repairs.
- Working a shift at your assigned place of work.
- Resting/Healing conditions.
- Visiting a Location.

While visiting a Location in an Area, you may end up performing a series of smaller actions (shopping, fighting, investigating) that together add up to an hour. Depending on the situation you may have your clock moved forward by an hour in these cases.

Walking between districts is possible, but can require several rolls and can take up to 10 hours depending on distance (each autobahn intersection counts as 1 hour walking distance).

Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:12 am

This is an interesting concept Hark. Call this a tag.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:23 am

tag
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Pentapolitan Kyrene
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentapolitan Kyrene » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:03 pm

Looks fascinating. Room for a surrealist painter and utopian anarchist?

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: de Marchement-Assanbrois
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Albret
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Stateless
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Al-Maretou, Suzerainty of the Castor Isles.
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Republic of Roscean [Forged]
-
ID Number/Numéro d'identification/Ідэнтыфікацыйны нумар:
- 4-2-6-3-8-7 (6th Number - Dreaming - useful for surrealist painting, utopian idealism and grappling with the unreal)
Customs Declaration/Déclaration en douane/Мытная дэкларацыя:
1x Clothes Trunk
1x Artist's Supplies (Varia - turpentine, oil paint, pencils, charcoal, canvases, easels, a violin and a great deal of paper)
1x Archaic duelling pistol - engraved bronze fittings, one powder cartridge and bullet.
1x Sandalwood perfume box
1x Fold-out deck chair - engraved with insulting caricatures.
-

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:02 pm

tag

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:15 pm

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Karatienes
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Maksim
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Soveinian
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Terauchis Springs
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Soveinian
-
- 5-5-3-5-7
One (1) custom canvas rucksack/backpack
One (1) Glock 29 autoloading pistol
One (1) fully loaded 10mm Glock pistol magazine
One (1) wallet with a driver's license
Two (2) bottles of low quality Soveinian vodka
One (1) faded blue mackinaw
Five (5) assorted t-shirts
Five (5) pairs of jeans
Five (5) pairs of underwear
One (1) paper bag of Goldfish name-brand crackers

Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:43 pm

Pentapolitan Kyrene wrote:Looks fascinating. Room for a surrealist painter and utopian anarchist?

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: de Marchement-Assanbrois
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Albret
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Stateless
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Al-Maretou, Suzerainty of the Castor Isles.
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Republic of Roscean [Forged]
-
- 4-2-6-3-8-7 (6th Number - Dreaming - useful for surrealist painting, utopian idealism and grappling with the unreal)
1x Clothes Trunk
1x Artist's Supplies (Varia - turpentine, oil paint, pencils, charcoal, canvases, easels, a violin and a great deal of paper)
1x Archaic duelling pistol - engraved bronze fittings, one powder cartridge and bullet.
1x Sandalwood perfume box
1x Fold-out deck chair - engraved with insulting caricatures.
-

Soveiniesberg wrote:- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Karatienes
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Maksim
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Soveinian
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Terauchis Springs
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Soveinian
-
- 5-5-3-5-7
One (1) custom canvas rucksack/backpack
One (1) Glock 29 autoloading pistol
One (1) fully loaded 10mm Glock pistol magazine
One (1) wallet with a driver's license
Two (2) bottles of low quality Soveinian vodka
One (1) faded blue mackinaw
Five (5) assorted t-shirts
Five (5) pairs of jeans
Five (5) pairs of underwear
One (1) paper bag of Goldfish name-brand crackers

Awesome, both of you guys are in!
Dreaming should work perfectly as an attribute.

Alas, the IC will have to wait.
I have to go on a manadatory family vacation that should last till the end of next week, IC will start in full on the 12th of September, if everything goes according to plan.

In the meantime, if you'd like, you can link any type of picture for your character. I may end up making actual passports for you guys as a souvenir, and I'd definitely need them for that.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:49 pm

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча:Cook
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя:Ashton
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: The Federation
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: New Rotterdam
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента:The Federation [Forged]
-
- 9-8-1-5-1-6(6th Number - Martial Arts - Skilled in a style of martial arts practiced in the dark alleys of New Rotterdam (Think Muay Thai) )
1x Pair of tattered pants
1x Pair of Brass Knuckles
1x Old worn out shoes
1x Tattered shirt
1x Fist bandages
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:57 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:- PASSPORT -

-
-
-
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента:The Federation [Forged]
-
- 9-8-1-5-1-6(6th Number - Martial Arts - Skilled in a style of martial arts practiced in the dark alleys of New Rotterdam (Think Muay Thai) )
1x Old worn out shoes
1x Tattered shirt
1x Fist bandages

How lovely.
In case of a roll where you want to be violent with your martial arts, we can roll both and use the better result.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:06 pm

Ah, now this looks nice!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:- PASSPORT -

-
-
-
-
-
1x Old worn out shoes
1x Tattered shirt
1x Fist bandages

How lovely.
In case of a roll where you want to be violent with your martial arts, we can roll both and use the better result.

Question, is everyone going to keep their weapons?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:16 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, now this looks nice!

Might add some time management mechanics, and some general well-being resource to use for rerolls, to make it even nicer. But too busy now looking for cool pictures.
https://www.realmofhistory.com/2017/06/ ... d-century/
These would be amazing if they were in 4k

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:22 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
How lovely.

I don't want to spoil anything, but quite a few things might be taken at customs. However, you can always try hiding your weapons, or killing anyone who tries to take them from you. I know that's what Applepieistan would do, if they were still around.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:30 pm

Might do something stupid then

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:57 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

I don't want to spoil anything, but quite a few things might be taken at customs. However, you can always try hiding your weapons, or killing anyone who tries to take them from you. I know that's what Applepieistan would do, if they were still around.

Yeah, I'll just have my character hide his Glock 29 (and the magazine) in a tear in the bottom of his bag.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:08 pm

Since my country is a futuristic society of the descendants of unconventional scientists who left Earth, found a new world and settled there, I'm not sure exactly how the time travel aspect works here but I'm willing to give it a shot if you are. Here is a highly skilled scientist and inventor.

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Xu
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Feng
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Talchyonite
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: The capital city of Nemo, in the year 3167, A.D. Descendent of scientists from Earth who left in the Great Exploration. (Xu's ancestors were scientists from Seoul, South Korea).
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Central Command, Talchyon
-
- 1-6-6-9-1-7 (The last number is for the skill of technical design. Dr. Xu is an innovative research scientist who is the leading expert in several scientific and technological fields on his planet. He is also the inventor of the world's first entropy field generator - a device used in his planets space forces as well as concealed in his own watch)
-
Wristwatch. Looks normal but has multiple technological applications (thanks to nanite tech). These include:
  • a holographic image emitter;
  • a laser (extremely short range - a foot, but powerful enough to cut through 2 feet of steel, more useful as an emergency blowtorch than a weapon);
  • an entropy field (makes non-biological materials age, decay and devolve around him - doesn't effect him or about a half foot from him, field moves as he moves, etc.) The field's effects begin instantaneously and materials get worse the more time they spend in this field. It extends to a five foot radius of Dr. Xu when activated.
  • Comms system - can send messages to starships, as well as make common telephone calls.
  • A thin energy armor field surrounds the watch to prevent it from destruction. Xu's more likely to lose an arm than see this thing melt.
  • (I'm sure there are more inventions and tech applications I'd like, but I just can't think of them. If this is ok to have kind of a swiss army knife, OP, then I'm requesting it here)
  • All powered by the... unusual Talchyonite means of generating energy from the motions of living fish. Due to this, Dr. Xu's watch also includes a huge aquarium with hundreds of fish, shrunk 1/10,000th of a degree, but still fully operational. All the fish are able to swim inside the watch. Pressurized, with automatic feeders and cleaners, so he doesn't have to worry it.

Wallet (carries ID, not much else. Xu, like all Talchyonites, spends his credits using the chips implanted into him at birth, just by having his hand scanned at various stores he shops at).

Glasses - can also magnify. Helps because of his decreasing eyesight.

scratch paper and erasable pens.

Small calculator - more so to prove to others his mental math is right.
Last edited by Talchyon on Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 am

Talchyon wrote:Since my country is a futuristic society of the descendants of unconventional scientists who left Earth, found a new world and settled there, I'm not sure exactly how the time travel aspect works here but I'm willing to give it a shot if you are. Here is a highly skilled scientist and inventor.

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Xu
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Feng
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Talchyonite
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Seoul, South Korea. In the year 3167, A.D.
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Central Command, Talchyon
-
- 2-4-8-8-2-6 (The last number is for the skill of hypnosis, which Dr. Xu picked up just for curiosity's sake)
-
WIP

You can be from any timeline or even from a fantasy setting, we'll make it work.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:26 am

- PASSPORT -

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Eddleton
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Winthrop, Ex-Grand Admiral of Her Solar Majesty’s Etheric Fleet, Scion of the Court Imperial, Duke of Eddleton, Arch-Fabricant of the Dessicated Machine Empire of Mechina-Golar, Voidspeaker, Forgebound of the Mountain’s Heart, Doombearer, Maker-Progenitor of the Agaladrim, Von Neumann’s Heir, Wolf-Lord of the Frozen Wastes, Orator of the Apocalypse, Scourge of Numismita and Thrawn B7, Man of a World Without Men, Defiler of Ancients and Innocents, Yggdrasil’s Champion, The One Who Wakes, Master Reanimationist, The Broken-But-Whole, Bearer of Pretentious Titles, Knight of His Void Majesty’s Darkest Order, and so on, and so on.
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: The Frame-World of the Final Home
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Albion
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: Himself
-
- 5-2-6-7-2- [8 : Eldritch Machinist]
-
The Cane of the Imperial | A richly inlaid walking stick of deepest ebony wood, its provenance is unknown, but it's history is evident. An heirloom of the House of Eddleton, it has been passed down from generation to generation, coming to Winthrop on his sixteenth birthday as a sign of the heir of the House. It is topped in a Damascene steel wolf snarling, the symbol of the House, forged from the metal of melted Ottomite blades. The sturdy wood of the cane has proven unbreakable by many dire forces over the years, and it is a formidable close combat weapon when wielded with strength. During Winthrop's tenure it has been modified to incorporate an exotic projectile device issuing from the lower end of the black shaft, one which throws molten lead at a speed that can take off heads or limbs at medium range. Exactly how it functions Winthrop can't recall, for he has never had to reload it nor found it to misfire, despite being fouled with grass, dirt, and even not physically accessible through a locked vault door. It is technology of a different age, an age of space and insane entertainment squids.
The Void-Speaker | An odd weapon, a projectile gun many times more powerful than the bolt-action rifles of strange worlds, when Winthrop was summoned to this world he bore it aloft. As large as a normal man's torso, an odd device that belches smoke and flame at irregular intervals, the Void-Speaker is a horrifying weapon that gives even the most hardened of assailants pause. Maybe magic, maybe mundane, it is rumored it is powered by the worship of mechanical beings from another time and place, an Aspect of potentially terrible power. The searing bolts of crimson it throws at the Scion's touch can rend head from body, and body from existence of even the most dangerous beasts. The sound of its firing is the wail of a hundred thousand damned souls, and a whispered Altamont.
Sally | A body-suit of flesh mottled with living metal bonded to the Hierarch's corporeal form. Rumored to have once been the body of a lover, or a thousand pieces of those the Orator has laid low. Emits intermittent bursts of steam and flame, but is shod in a silken waistcoat and long dapper slacks.
Various small ingots of precious metals, for bribes and assorted expenses.

Of note: Winthrop is currently traveling with a manservant named Gregor, notable for his formidable size and ability to carry heavy weights without complaint.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:29 pm

- PASSPORT -

Official Portrait

Surname/Nom/Прозвішча: Amrani
-
Given name/Prénoms/Названае імя: Sahara
-
Nationality/Nationalité/Нацыянальнасць: Ushad
-
Place of Birth/Lieu de Naissance/Месца нараджэння: Gharan
-
Issuing Authority/Autorité de délivrance/Крыніца дакумента: The Ushad Identifications Office
-
ID Number/Numéro d'identification/Ідэнтыфікацыйны нумар: 1-6-6-4-4-9 (Sahara is unusually adept at being able to tell when someone is lying, a trait that may have gotten her into trouble in the past...) [Edit: Switched around curiosity and imagination stats.]
-
- A pair of goggles to protect her eyes from sand and improve her vision.
- 5 golden dinar, Ushad's currency
- Silver bracelets from her mother that, unbeknownst to her, contain a honing device
- A statuette of a woman in flowing robes that appears to be solid gold
- A knapsack containing basic necessities (tissues, deodorant, etc.)
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:19 pm

More lovely passports for the passport god. Very much approved. Unfortunately I am currently stuck on a phone so thats all. Rp starts in a week. With a linup like this,
It will be grand.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:28 pm

Harkback Union wrote:More lovely passports for the passport god. Very much approved. Unfortunately I am currently stuck on a phone so thats all. Rp starts in a week. With a linup like this,
It will be grand.

Excellent! I love the idea of a natural 1 being the best roll you can get :lol: .
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:12 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:More lovely passports for the passport god. Very much approved. Unfortunately I am currently stuck on a phone so thats all. Rp starts in a week. With a linup like this,
It will be grand.

Excellent! I love the idea of a natural 1 being the best roll you can get :lol: .

I always loved nat1s, they were the most memorable moments, especially when the big bad evil boss rolls one as their first attack...

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Excellent! I love the idea of a natural 1 being the best roll you can get :lol: .

I always loved nat1s, they were the most memorable moments, especially when the big bad evil boss rolls one as their first attack...

Pretty new to DnD, so I don't have many Nat 1 stories YET...but I did use my d10 as a basis for my stats here and got a 1.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Well this is a stylish return, indeed. I’ll have an app up once I’m caught up on gubbins for G-Tech :P
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Tag. I’ll have an app up later.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse