NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Age of Darkness [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:54 am

Oh no I'm back to checking the OOC page every few seconds XD

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:03 am

Ralnis wrote:I wonder if Quhalden has been destroyed. It was my moving settlement but even still.

Why would Quhalden have been destroyed?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:07 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I wonder if Quhalden has been destroyed. It was my moving settlement but even still.

Why would Quhalden have been destroyed?

Sacrificed it to try and gain favor with the Lord of Lead?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:48 am

When might we see the new Mechanics?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:42 pm

I’m gonna be back to raising my pitchfork soon…
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Khalji
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalji » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:35 pm

Someone mind breaking down what different colors and things mean on the map? Wasn't able to find if there is a key somewhere

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Khalji wrote:Someone mind breaking down what different colors and things mean on the map? Wasn't able to find if there is a key somewhere

Light green= plains
Dark green=jungle
Grey=mountains
Light blue= ocean
Dark blue= Deep ocean?
Light brown=desert

All I know so far.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:54 am

Can I still join or all slots have been claim?
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:00 am

Still open!

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:01 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Still open!

Great. Please reserve a spot for me and I'll be making an app shortly. :)
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:30 am

Empire Application
Name: Koshiizu Realm
Short History:

The beginnings of Koshiizu history are lost in time. The oldest historical records date back about four hundred years ago. The primitive Koshiizu civilization was really a scattering of warlike city-states and tribes led by Daimyo - men who acted as both civil and military leaders. Eventually, a legendary Daimyo called Sawano Teinosuke unified the Realm about two hundred years and took the prestigious title of Supreme Emperor - he also claimed to be the Son of Miyazaki; the Goddess of Water. He established the capital of Nadaka, burning down previous city-states and moving forcibly their population to this new city. This served to effectively destroy previous local loyalties.

The Supreme Emperor established an effective civilian government staffed by educated bureaucrats - based on the dynasties of the Huang people. At the same time, he retained the institution of Daimyos as military commanders ruling over the outer provinces of the empire. A hundred years ago, the Koshiizu Realm found itself facing an invasion from the Dark Cults, which ravaged their lands. Supreme Emperor Sawano Nobuyoshi claimed to have a vision from Goddess Miyazaki instructing him to leave their civilizational cradle behind and migrate to a new blessed land. The Koshiizu people took with themselves whatever they could carry, burned down the rest and left behind their homeland.

They arrived at the lands formerly occupied by the Pennenthelli, settling in their former cities and towns, and massacring any of the Pennenthelli who had managed to survive. The first city to be reconstructed was Nadaka, based on the old Imperial Capital. Others soon emerged as settlers settled down in the land. At first the Supreme Emperor was able to exert great control over the Daimyos, who had far less influence than they had during the old empire. But corruption and incompetent rulers meant that Daimyos managed to become essentially autonomous rulers in the following decades. The two most powerful Daimyo families are the Oda ruling over the settlement of Waibata and the Moriya ruling over the settlement of Imishi. Aside from those two, there are tens of Daimyos who rule small villages and farming communities.

The Daimyos pay an annual tax and are responsible for providing troops to the central government, but for the most part are left to their own devices. Meanwhile, in the capital Nadaka the central government still rules supreme and exercises centralized control through an ever increasing caste of bureaucrats. The Imperial Court has become increasingly decadent and the Supreme Emperors secluded to private hobbies, leaving everyday governance in the hands of a Grand Chancellor - drawn from among the eunuchs of the Palace.

Starting Location:

Red is capital, two yellow circles are two lesser settlements.

Capital - Nadaka
Northern settlement - Waibata
Southern settlement - Imishi
River - Onkashe
Sea - Endless Sea

Advantage:

The Koshiizu Realm has the advantage of a favorable geographic position. Controlling the Onkashe river, bordering the Endless Sea and situated on plains, it is able to produce great quantities of food (mostly rice and fish). The river also facilitates commerce and makes travel easier while the nearby jungle provides a source of woodwork.

Description:

The Koshiizu culture places much value on martial prowess and literati knowledge. The 'ideal gentleman' is one who is wise in his words but also skilled with his sword. As a result of this martial culture, a number of Martial Sects have been founded. Those Sects are led usually by a Grandmaster and teach martial arts to their students. In turn, those students are expected to follow certain rules. A number of the biggest Martial Sects have officially been recognized by the Imperial Court, and the government can turn to them for assistance against bandits or rebels. There is always, however, a problem of a Sect turning against the Imperial Court - so far twelve 'Sect Wars' have been fought.

The Koshiizu religion is polytheistic, venerating more than a hundred deities. The greatest deity is the Goddess of Water Miyazaki, as it is believed she is responsible for bringing them to the Blessed Land, and for the Onkashe River and the Endless Sea. The Koshiizu also venerate the spirits of their ancestors. They are expected to make annual sacrifices and offerings to both Gods and Spirits, and the religion is highly ritualistic. A caste of priests has developed, led by Bishops. Those priests conduct the rituals to please Gods and Spirits, and offer blessings to the Imperial Court and private citizens. Monasteries have also been established away from settlements, led by a Grand Monk. Both Bishops and Grand Monks are chosen for their offices by the Imperial Court, though in practice in areas controlled by the Daimyos it is the Daimyos that choose the Bishops and Grand Monks while the Imperial Court simply confirms those decisions.

The most holy place in the entirety of Koshiizu is the Pagoda of Light, a huge wooden pagoda containing all the sacred texts and artifacts brought by the Koshiizu people when they left behind their original homeland. The Pagoda houses a number of priests - who study and guard the texts and artifacts - who are headed by the Archpriest of Light. The holiest book is the Book of Revelations, detailing the vision Goddess Miyazaki revealed to Supreme Emperor Sawano Nobuyoshi and how she guided him to this new land through more visions.

The economy of Koshiizu is in large part agricultural: peasants work in rice fields and fishermen fish at the river or the sea, and they pay portion of the production/fish to the Jitō (steward) of a Daimyo (or directly to the central government in the case of the capital and its immediate surroundings). The Daimyo uses that rice and fish to feed his men (indeed, soldiers are mostly paid in food). The capital of Nadaka and the two important settlements of Waibata and Imishi are places of commerce, where peasants sell their products while craftsmen and artisans offer their services. This commerce has created a rather vibrant urban economy and has enable the circulation of copper coinage.

Koshiizu has a small standing army: the Imperial Guards, who are commanded by the Supreme Emperor directly (though in practice by the Paladin of the Palace). Instead, the vast majority of men-at-arms are commanded by the Daimyo and levied from amongst the populace under their command. They are divided into a tiny elite class of Samurai, highly trained warriors whose martial prowess goes far beyond that of an average warriors, and peasant levies, which are of substandard quality and training and mostly act in a supporting role.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:48 am, edited 14 times in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:38 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Empire Application
Name: The Folk
Short History: As the hordes of undead crashed down upon the Old Lands, no small number of people had little interest in staying to fight - fishing boats, merchant ships, and even the occasional warship slowly gathered on the east coast of the Old Lands, fearful but determined to make new lives for themselves. Away from greed, away from hunger, away from the evil magics that plague these lands.
Starting Location: Across a great ocean the Folk travel, a motley crew of considerable size, eastward. Ever eastward. There, they land amidst the rocky coast of a great forest, stretching far beyond their view in every direction. Home… of a sort.
Advantage: The Folk are a productive sort - slackers are not tolerated in the flight from the evil hordes, and there is much to be done in the New Lands. It is with surprising swiftness and efficiency that the Folk construct their new home.
Description: A refugee nation brought about by the Time of Blood, swearing off the magic and technology that brought about the catastrophe in the first place. The Folk are ruled by a Council of Elders, but familial houses are not the source of these leaders - rather, each profession nominates a leader to the Council. Bonds by labor, rather than blood.

Very interesting. This'll play in nicely with some things I have in the background. J'accept.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:39 am

Khalji wrote:Hmmm. This seems interesting. I'm in your other RP

Empire Application
Name: Vanzjkior Empire
Short History: The Vanzjkior live in the northern misty jungle mountains of Ambrnev. The Vanzjkior migrated there from the south where Queen Naornigoir founded Vanzjkaan the capital of the Vanzjkior.
Starting Location: So, there's no map so I could adjust my location based upon the map. But misty jungle mountains.
Advantage: The mountains and jungles are very harsh terrain for attackers. The Vanzjkior have lived fairly isolated from the rest of the world with content. The few invasions they've had were repelled easily. In addition, the jungles are luscious with flora and fauna and the mountains are rich with rare metals and other useful materials. In addition, to the western part of their country lays a sea used for commerce during periods of openness.
Description: The Vazjkior are a fierce warrior people who are also festive and welcoming among their kinsman. They are extremely skeptical for foreigners with foreigners only allowed in the western port city of Haajkazkaan. However, the few foreigners that earn their respect are welcomed throughout all the lands of the Vanzjkior. The Vazjkior have a caste system and women largely run the society. At the top are the Priestesses, then the Warriors, then the Shopkeepers and Skilled Workers, lastly the Manual Laborers. Merchants are largely looked down on by the society due to how long they spend in foreign lands. Men marry into their wife's class and perform duties fitting to spouses of that class. The Queen runs the nation and her eldest daughter inherits the throne presuming she learns all the crafts of the Warriors and Priestesses.

If you are making the map around the application, I can include a rough draft of a map.

Hmm, so, awkward matter - this map is a Northern Hemisphere map, which means the jungles and hot mountains are in the south, not the north. If you don't mind me interpreting that geographical data as necessary for the world, everything else here appears to be in order.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:41 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Empire Application
Name: The Taiyang Dynasty
Short History:The Taiyang is the latest dynasty to arise on the banks of the Jade River. Emerging from the ashes of the Yu Dynasty, it has only been a few years since the great warlord Zhao Li has reunified the Three Kingdoms of the Wei, Wu, and Jin putting an end to their childish feuding and a bloody civil war continuing the eternal cycle of rebirth the rise and fall of dynasties across the annals of time. Though the Warring States era was bloody and destructive it has opened the gates for change, the new Emperor has decreed much needed land reform laws that has removed the excessive burdens placed squarely on the shoulders of the peasant class in the previous era. Corruption has largely been purged, and for now the Taiyang stands strong seeking balance in a world gone mad.
Starting Location:
Advantage:Culture and Assimilation.
Description: The Huang Civilization is an ancient and great civilization of the East. Ancestral worshippers, and followers of Filial Piety, the Huang put much stock in tradition and the arts.

The Yellow Sky is already dead; the Emerald Sky will soon rise. When the year is five hundred, there will be prosperity under Heaven!

(Looks great, j'accept)

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:42 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:Empire Application
Name: Bacchanal Republic of Manikos
Short History: The history of Machaka, now renamed the Republic of Manikos, is a tale of mundane realism with the occasional excitement of warfare and bloodshed. No longer the namesake of the nation and now relegated to the name of the capital, the last era saw Machaka rapidly transform from a humble republic to a society ruled by a hedonistic and indulgent ruling class. Having survived the onslaught of the cultists during the Second Battle of Machaka, Manikos focused on rebuilding their homeland and infrastructure. After reinvigorating its former ruined parts, Manikos was fattened with industry, wealth, and population. It was then the rising power broke free of its mere city-state existence and birthed two city-sisters for the future motherland. A future that sees the hedonistic ruling class seeking more power and greater pleasures for themselves - more so after having rebuilt their homeland and infrastructure.
Starting Location: You Should Know Where I Am
Advantage: Research and Human Capital
Description: The Republic of Manikos, roughly translated as the Republic of “Humanity” and formerly known as Machaka, is a substantial fledging power and current leader of the River Federation involving the ruined Republic of the Great River. Known for its populous capital, spectacular wonders, knowledge in the material sciences, and plentiful masses of cheap labor, the hedonistic ruling class of Manikos now seeks to endure the Age of Darkness ahead and become a shining light of enlightenment.

Looking good. I appreciate you pulling together an kingdom moniker to distinguish Machaka from Machaka :D

J'accept.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:42 am

Ralnis wrote:Empire Application
Name:Warcylfe
Short History: The Warcyfle hail from the Mirror Sea, on the smallest known island of Lo. From the very beginning, the ancestors of that small island saw the larger islands with greed and ambition as they prayed for anything to help them, one eventually did. Known as the Storm Father, Tes'la, the Warcyfle were among the first to discover the magic of electromagnetism from the native copper on their island. Whereas other nations found iron and steel, the Warcyfle made copper into their own magical metal, Teslanite. For 200 years, the Warcyfle would use this magic, their hubris, and their faith in their god to carve a bloody nation among the peoples of the Mirror Sea, uniting them despite some setbacks.

The first instance of them landing on the western mainland was 100 years ago but was rebuffed by native invasion that took their peoples. No one knew who they were but the Warcylfe were determined to eradicate any natives that tried to stop them, a policy that became the lust for conquest in the name of their god later on.

It was during the Kingdom Age that they became divine tied to the crown and ushered into the Empire. By invading and conquering the city of Likan, turning the Velathrrim into a vassal. A decade later, they started raiding the Corvians for slaves and vassalized the Aederfolk, taking their first bite from the Corvians before the Sunrise Invasion(also known as Storm Invasion by Corvians). The battle was considered a victory on both sides, the Warcyfle had conquered half of the Corvian lands but the Corvians broke them against the walls of Cavon.

Five years later the Warcyfle were nearly pushed back to the Mirror Sea due to the Age of Blood. The mass devastation of their nascent empire broke their centuries long hubris and they retreated into what's left of their holds and the Crown Islands. Rebuilding and prospering underneath their first Storm Emperor and the Second one, they managed to make their islands beacons of industry, copying from the Corvian ideal a bit.

Now, as the Third Storm Emperor is crowned, the people look towards the mainland with hesitation and fear, other than awe and greed. The Age of Blood is over, but the Age of Darkness has seen the Empire more cautious and long-planning that could serve them better in reforging the Storm Empire.
Starting Location: westernmost part of the map. Three islands, one settlement on the Peninsula and Likan
Advantage: The vast fleet of the Warcyfle is the largest in the world.
Description:For over 435 years, the Warcyfle's fleet has been the symbol for hegemony in the Mirror Sea and the reaving that they cause. Many of the western portions of the continent know of their Empire. Enslaving people, fighting and winning against the Corvus, just barely. Even now, the people of the western portions still fear the light blue flag of the Mirror Sea.

Good to see the Storm Emperor returning. J'accept.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:43 am

Lazarian wrote:Empire Application
Name: Corvus
Short History: Four hundred years ago, a small band arrived upon a hill, and settled upon it. And as the sands of time trickled by, the band became a village, the village became a city, the city became a nation, and a nation became an empire. The Corvidians in the Age of Cities became known for their warlike nature, and this led to the conquest of the Aederfolk. In the age of Empires, there was a great focus on expansion and colonialism, with sprawling settlements being flung far and wide. But an empire is truly a difficult thing to hold - sprawled across hundreds of miles and several groups of people, the metaphorical Wolf grew weak, assaulted on all sides by a thousand arrows.

This strife and struggle rose to a fierce climax at the Storm Invasion, where the Warclyfe attempted to lay claim to the mainland, with the help of the Aederfolk (who held long grudges against their oppressors) and the Velahtrim. Both sides claim some sort of victory - the Warclyfe did, in fact, conquer Ceston, Catan, and Thurvan. But they were rebuffed at Cavon, their force largely shattered, and retreated back to the sea. Unfortunately, all this bloodshed ultimately meant nothing in the grand scheme of history - not even five years later, the Lord of Lead and his adherents wiped the Aederfolk and Ceston off the face of the Earth. After one of the bloodiest sieges in history, Corvus stood, still remaining - but at a terrible cost. Women and children, elders and youths - all the populace took up arms to defend their ancestral homeland, dying in droves. After the battle was over, it was not long before the survivors took to the fields in roving bands of warriors, cleansing the remaining warbands and putting them to the sword. It was a fierce resurgence against the cultists, sponsored by the Soulan, which paid out land and gold for every brown-blooded head.

Corvus still stands today, but no longer an empire. The appetite for violence and glory has been quenched in a deluge of blood. And as the world grows dark, only one thing is clear - the survival of their people is all that matters.
Starting Location: Corvus and its brother cities are located in the Sacred Lands, a long stretch of fertile grassland tucked between the Mirror Sea and the Spine of the World.
Advantage: Fertile fields and fanatic fighters, sharp swords and sturdy statecraft. The Corvidians rely on the strength of raw labor and numbers and a strong metalworking industry.
Description: You know 'em, you love 'em.

A land steeped in blood, and yet still standing. Welcome back to the Corvidians and the people of the Four. J'accept.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:47 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Empire Application
Name: Koshiizu Realm
Short History:

The beginnings of Koshiizu history are lost in time. The oldest historical records date back about four hundred years ago. The primitive Koshiizu civilization was really a scattering of warlike city-states and tribes led by Daimyo - men who acted as both civil and military leaders. Eventually, a legendary Daimyo called Sawano Teinosuke unified the Realm about two hundred years and took the prestigious title of Supreme Emperor - he also claimed to be the Son of Miyazaki; the Goddess of Water. He established the capital of Nadaka, burning down previous city-states and moving forcibly their population to this new city. This served to effectively destroy previous local loyalties.

The Supreme Emperor established an effective civilian government staffed by educated bureaucrats - based on the dynasties of the Huang people. At the same time, he retained the institution of Daimyos as military commanders ruling over the outer provinces of the empire. While in the first decades the empire was able to exert close control over the Daimyos, eventually the costs of the religious wars against the Dark Cults, corruption and incompetent rulers meant that Daimyos have managed to become essentially autonomous rulers. The two most powerful Daimyo families are the Oda ruling over the settlement of Waibata and the Moriya ruling over the settlement of Imishi. Aside from those two, there are tens of Daimyos who rule small villages and farming communities.

The Daimyos pay an annual tax and are responsible for providing troops to the central government, but for the most part are left to their own devices. Meanwhile, in the capital Nadaka the central government still rules supreme and exercises centralized control through an ever increasing caste of bureaucrats. The Imperial Court has become increasingly decadent and the Supreme Emperors secluded to private hobbies, leaving everyday governance in the hands of a Grand Chancellor - drawn from among the eunuchs of the Palace.

Starting Location:

Red is capital, two yellow circles are two lesser settlements.

Capital - Nadaka
Northern settlement - Waibata
Southern settlement - Imishi
River - Onkashe
Sea - Endless Sea

Advantage:

The Koshiizu Realm has the advantage of a favorable geographic position. Controlling the Onkashe river, bordering the Endless Sea and situated on plains, it is able to produce great quantities of food (mostly rice and fish). The river also facilitates commerce and makes travel easier while the nearby jungle provides a source of woodwork.

Description:

The Koshiizu culture places much value on martial prowess and literati knowledge. The 'ideal gentleman' is one who is wise in his words but also skilled with his sword. As a result of this martial culture, a number of Martial Sects have been founded. Those Sects are led usually by a Grandmaster and teach martial arts to their students. In turn, those students are expected to follow certain rules. A number of the biggest Martial Sects have officially been recognized by the Imperial Court, and the government can turn to them for assistance against bandits or rebels. There is always, however, a problem of a Sect turning against the Imperial Court - so far twelve 'Sect Wars' have been fought.

The Koshiizu religion is polytheistic, venerating more than a hundred deities. The greatest deity is the Goddess of Water Miyazaki, as it is believed she is responsible for the Onkashe River and the Endless Sea blessing the Realm. The Koshiizu also venerate the spirits of their ancestors. They are expected to make annual sacrifices and offerings to both Gods and Spirits, and the religion is highly ritualistic. A caste of priests has developed, led by Bishops. Those priests conduct the rituals to please Gods and Spirits, and offer blessings to the Imperial Court and private citizens. Monasteries have also been established away from settlements, led by a Grand Monk. Both Bishops and Grand Monks are chosen for their offices by the Imperial Court, though in practice in areas controlled by the Daimyos it is the Daimyos that choose the Bishops and Grand Monks while the Imperial Court simply confirms those decisions.

The economy of Koshiizu is in large part agricultural: peasants work in rice fields and fishermen fish at the river or the sea, and they pay portion of the production/fish to the Jitō (steward) of a Daimyo (or directly to the central government in the case of the capital and its immediate surroundings). The Daimyo uses that rice and fish to feed his men (indeed, soldiers are mostly paid in food). The capital of Nadaka and the two important settlements of Waibata and Imishi are places of commerce, where peasants sell their products while craftsmen and artisans offer their services. This commerce has created a rather vibrant urban economy and has enable the circulation of copper coinage.

Koshiizu has a small standing army: the Imperial Guards, who are commanded by the Supreme Emperor directly (though in practice by the Paladin of the Palace). Instead, the vast majority of men-at-arms are commanded by the Daimyo and levied from amongst the populace under their command. They are divided into a tiny elite class of Samurai, highly trained warriors whose martial prowess goes far beyond that of an average warriors, and peasant levies, which are of substandard quality and training and mostly act in a supporting role.

This broadly seems to be in order - a minor issue though. The river valley you have earmarked for your people was, until a hundred years ago, occupied by a different power known as the Pennenthelli. Their kindreds were scattered and destroyed by warfare at that hundred year point in the past, but that directly conflicts with your national history of having established the city two hundred years ago.

I have no qualms if you want to edit that to be only a hundred years ago - you could even bill it as migrating to occupy the ruins of their cities, which would give you a perk to starting infrastructure. Alternatively I have plenty of places out in the "fog of war" of the current known world where you could be placed with Huang influences but your own narrative.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:51 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:This broadly seems to be in order - a minor issue though. The river valley you have earmarked for your people was, until a hundred years ago, occupied by a different power known as the Pennenthelli. Their kindreds were scattered and destroyed by warfare at that hundred year point in the past, but that directly conflicts with your national history of having established the city two hundred years ago.

I have no qualms if you want to edit that to be only a hundred years ago - you could even bill it as migrating to occupy the ruins of their cities, which would give you a perk to starting infrastructure. Alternatively I have plenty of places out in the "fog of war" of the current known world where you could be placed with Huang influences but your own narrative.

Would those places though give me access to river, sea and plain? I would prefer to not be placed on a desert or away from river & sea or some jungle where rice production will be in short order (and so will be cities).

Otherwise, I will probably edit it but could you give me a recommendation of how to make it so Pennendthelli influences do not survive and my history that is going back 400 years is somehow retained in a form? How exactly I would structure that migration? And from where would my people migrate from?
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:04 am

Updated my history. Is this alright?

The Supreme Emperor established an effective civilian government staffed by educated bureaucrats - based on the dynasties of the Huang people. At the same time, he retained the institution of Daimyos as military commanders ruling over the outer provinces of the empire. A hundred years ago, the Koshiizu Realm found itself facing an invasion from the Dark Cults, which ravaged their lands. Supreme Emperor Sawano Nobuyoshi claimed to have a vision from Goddess Miyazaki instructing him to leave their civilizational cradle behind and migrate to a new blessed land. The Koshiizu people took with themselves whatever they could carry, burned down the rest and left behind their homeland.

They arrived at the lands formerly occupied by the Pennenthelli, settling in their former cities and towns, and massacring any of the Pennenthelli who had managed to survive. The first city to be reconstructed was Nadaka, based on the old Imperial Capital. Others soon emerged as settlers settled down in the land. At first the Supreme Emperor was able to exert great control over the Daimyos, who had far less influence than they had during the old empire. But corruption and incompetent rulers meant that Daimyos managed to become essentially autonomous rulers in the following decades. The two most powerful Daimyo families are the Oda ruling over the settlement of Waibata and the Moriya ruling over the settlement of Imishi. Aside from those two, there are tens of Daimyos who rule small villages and farming communities.

Edit: I also updated the description section.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Khalji
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalji » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:01 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Khalji wrote:Hmmm. This seems interesting. I'm in your other RP

Empire Application
Name: Vanzjkior Empire
Short History: The Vanzjkior live in the northern misty jungle mountains of Ambrnev. The Vanzjkior migrated there from the south where Queen Naornigoir founded Vanzjkaan the capital of the Vanzjkior.
Starting Location: So, there's no map so I could adjust my location based upon the map. But misty jungle mountains.
Advantage: The mountains and jungles are very harsh terrain for attackers. The Vanzjkior have lived fairly isolated from the rest of the world with content. The few invasions they've had were repelled easily. In addition, the jungles are luscious with flora and fauna and the mountains are rich with rare metals and other useful materials. In addition, to the western part of their country lays a sea used for commerce during periods of openness.
Description: The Vazjkior are a fierce warrior people who are also festive and welcoming among their kinsman. They are extremely skeptical for foreigners with foreigners only allowed in the western port city of Haajkazkaan. However, the few foreigners that earn their respect are welcomed throughout all the lands of the Vanzjkior. The Vazjkior have a caste system and women largely run the society. At the top are the Priestesses, then the Warriors, then the Shopkeepers and Skilled Workers, lastly the Manual Laborers. Merchants are largely looked down on by the society due to how long they spend in foreign lands. Men marry into their wife's class and perform duties fitting to spouses of that class. The Queen runs the nation and her eldest daughter inherits the throne presuming she learns all the crafts of the Warriors and Priestesses.

If you are making the map around the application, I can include a rough draft of a map.

Hmm, so, awkward matter - this map is a Northern Hemisphere map, which means the jungles and hot mountains are in the south, not the north. If you don't mind me interpreting that geographical data as necessary for the world, everything else here appears to be in order.

Yup, map wasn't up yet so I wasn't sure. But I'm fine being in the south. Just want that type of geography
I have Haajkazkaan which is along the ocean coast in the jungle. Perhaps it could be located on that river jungle tile right next to the water.
I also have my Capital: Vanzjkaan which is in the mountains surrounded by jungle. Perhaps, down one and to the right four from Haajkazkaan in the mountain.
I haven't named my third settlement, but it would likely be in the jungle. Less prominent than the other two.

How could I upload a map to the forum of where these places are located? I'm thinking they would be located right to the south of Cavon.
Btw is Cavon and these other places the names of the cities in nations? If so, what determines their sizes?
Thanks!

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:04 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Updated my history. Is this alright?

I'm thinking since this is a Japanese based civilization if it could be in a more isolated part of the world? That would be cool in my opinion but I'm not sure if there's a river valley in the fog of war zone.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:07 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Sao Nova Europa wrote:Updated my history. Is this alright?

I'm thinking since this is a Japanese based civilization if it could be in a more isolated part of the world? That would be cool in my opinion but I'm not sure if there's a river valley in the fog of war zone.

I would prefer a geographical condition that is conductive to intensive agriculture than an isolated one. After all, while the civilization is based somewhat on Japan, it is not RL Japan :)
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:12 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

I would prefer a geographical condition that is conductive to intensive agriculture than an isolated one. After all, while the civilization is based somewhat on Japan, it is not RL Japan :)

Yeah I guess being in the middle of the action is more fun :P

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:57 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Sao Nova Europa wrote:

Yeah I guess being in the middle of the action is more fun :P

You say, as I willingly fuck off to another continent :P
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse