NATION

PASSWORD

Fear and Loathing '68 (1960s Political RP, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Lebanon, New Hampshire
February 10, 1968

The town movie theatre had been rented for the sixty year old Simpson's speech. The doors were left-wide open as staff members dressed in brightly colored and striped uniforms popped large tubs of pop-corn, made sure Coca-Cola was stocked plentifully for the army of hungry and thirsty citizens that would wander in. A 60-40 profit sharing deal was reached with the proprietor of the Theater. A pair of eyes peeked out from the curtains before retreating backstage. The owner of such a pair of eyes nervously ran his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth behind the curtain while mumbling to himself.

"Abe! You're on in one! I can't hold 'em off for much longer." The owner of the theater responded, to which Simpson nodded his head and shooed him away with a motion of his hand.

"Right, right. Go Away, pleas-se. I need some thinking room."

Simpson was left alone according to his wishes, leaving him to collect his thoughts and march through them.

"Abe, are you sure you can do this?"

"Do this? Shit. I know I can do this. If any man's got the gumption to do something, I say let them do it, and see where their cards fall."

"What if you slip up- what if you make a mistake?"

"Are you, my brain, expecting me to be picture-perfect? That's impossible. I'm going to slip up on ocassion."

"Let's just hope no microphones are near-by, and be nice to the press."

"When am I not nice to the press?"

"Do you want me to list examples?"

"Uh...no, brain, no need to. I'll keep s'all-all smiles you hear?"

"Ugh...fine. But one screw-up and I'm going to motion your campaign manager to pull you off the stage with a hook."

"I'll gladly take that bet, but what would I be betting?"

"I've got a dollar in my pocket. Speak clearly and it's yours."

"But...that's MY dollar."

"Of course it's your dollar, you've been talking to yourself for fifty-eight seconds."

"Wait, that mean-"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF LEBANON, PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE MAN WITH A PLAN, THE DUDE WITH A MOOD, THE MINISTER OF BIN-ISTERS... I CAN'T THINK OF ANOTHER RHYME, JUST ENJOY THIS SPEECH, KEEP YOUR QUESTIONS UNTIL THE END, THEN YOU'LL ENJOY YOUR FEATURE PRESENTATION: PSCYCHO, BY ALFRED BITCHCOCK!"

A large auditory assault of polite sounding applause filled the movie theatre as Abraham S. Simpson hesitantly stepped out from behind the curtains. He was dressed in a grey colored suit this time, blending in with his equally greyed hairs on his face.

"Uh..Thhh-Thank you very much for the honor, Lebanon, New Hampshire! As I'm sure some of you know who I am, I will address my background briefly. I am a Massachusetts man. Always have been, and I always will be until I draw in my last breath on this earth and go off to see Mary.

I am proud to state that my own alma-mater was the Young Men's Christian Academy. I incurred a significant amount of debt doing this, and decided to attempt to pay it off slowly. Following this good news, I decided to attempt to open up my own Gn Store, I called it "Shooter Simpsons". Unfortunately folks, I got the worst t-timing, as three- no...two years later.. yes... two years later, you know what happened? Black Thursday happened and I was out of business.

I took this as a personal message from the big family upstairs you see? I am an ardent praying man. I pray every-single day of my life. I will have you all know that I served two successful stints as Mayor of my native Springfield, Massachusetts. It is the second tenure I am most proud of. Do you know how I helped out? While other figures were off fighting in the suns of Africa, the jungles of Burma or the brimy depths of the Atlantic Ocean, I was back in my native town making sure Lend-Lease would be operating smoothly. You cannot lend to your allies if you have nothing to lend them, now can you? Y-Nope.

During my tenure as Mayor of Springfield, our Arsenal, the Springfield Arsenal was the largest employer of jobs in my town. It produced rifles and guns our boys in green needed to fight Hitler, Tojo and Mussolini all at the same time! I can assure you that I did not simply sit idly by while Hiler-Hitler rampaged across Europe, I organized yearly 'American Victory Parades' every fourth of July, I bought war-bonds to help out the war effort, and I garnered an efficient role whilst in my home town.

Following this, I entered into local politics, which I won't bore you with what committees or what else I did, but I will proudly state this. As Senator of Massachusetts, I helped shepherd along the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I saw the ills that racism causes in certain states of this union, with life-threating consequences. I do not believe you should belittle your fellow man just because of a certain skin-color he is. I don't belive in all that McCarthy nonsense, not even from the very begining!

However, don't twist my words and say I'm anti-American or a flag burning, dope-taking hippie. I love this country, but I believe you should have more of a loyalty to your community or society than to these United States. I am not advocating treasonous activities such as succession, don't twist my words around and knife them. As for the ongoing War in Indochina, I am quite pleased to announce that I have introduced legislation that will bring the war powers back to Congress's hands, and not in the hands of the executive dictator that we currently have in charge. It shall enable the American people to get a nice..long rest in terms of worrying about what goes on outside of the American continent. That is the best news so far.

Apart from that, I also am a champion of the poor in this conflict. The poor, grieving families that have simply lost too much. Washington insiders and their lot claim that all this bloodshed is necessary for a free and stable 'Vietnam'. I'm not disputing the overall goal here, which is to rid them of communism. However, If you take a look at our so-called allies, are any of these actions undertaken by the South Vietnamese government true icons of freedom or liberty?:

Holding rigged elections

Persecuting religious minorities

Not granting fair or free trails to those that think differently from the Saigon government

Their government is not free or fair. It isn't even coming close to the more light definitions of a 'state-in-construction' or something along those lines. Can we really say we support 'Democracy' when our South Vietnamese cannot handle themselves and has failed as a nation-state? If we are holding up to our values, the answer MUST be a NO. We cannot and will not be able to root out their extereme poverty and corruption, which are internal factors that no amount of soldiers can solve. No amount of U.S. Money wasted in the accountants and ledgers of South Kor-I mean South Vietnamese politicians and beaurecrats can fix our efforts there. We may have failed utterly at building a stable nation-state that can stand up to Vietnamese aggression from Hanoi.

However, we must look to our own nation once we have firmly implemented solutions that shall fix our woes overseas. In spite of repeated attempts, the Southern rebels and states are still firmly against implementing that which should have come back in 1876! We have a Klan which terrorizes thousands of people and murders hundreds of people of all stripes and walks of life! The only reason there are white people going missing down south or being...horrifically hung, are because they are brave allies of the negro. The Negro is suffering down there. I want to make sure that we live up to (Not-MLK)'s vision of a nation where the "black and white and live side-by-side in peace and harmony." THAT is my goal.

Some people may call us 'radical'. This is never a radical cause propped up by left-wing lunatics. It is a cause brought forth by those people with morality. By the every-day person who's sick of hearing of Vietnam. By those people with love in their hearts. By those people that want to see all races live in inner-peace with one another. I believe that America can be a better place. That is my main message I want you all to get out of this, even if the movie sucks and you'll forget I was here anyways...

The other side has a well-to-be man in charge of ruining everything he touches. The man has never set foot in a Washington Office, nor has he put the liveli-hoods of his own people above his bottom line. I would say that Good citizens do not need to be told to 'abide-by the laws'. They already do such actions without thinking. It's like me eating a sandwich or breathing. While, true the man was responsible for the rebuilding of Japan. That was Japan. It is no where close to the complexity of these United States. It's culture is so far-removed from that of sensible American ideas that I would be surprised that, if my opponent wins, then we shall all have to learn Japanese and learn about the Kouratai.

My opponent is a danger to the constitution, the American people and the American way of life. I want to preserve a stable and peaceful world order, always mindful of threats to our people and our Hamiltonian tendencies in government. We must ensure that the world for the negro and the white man is on an even playing field. We've done that with the Civil Rights Act, and we musn't get complacent. Complacency is what led to the downfall of Rome. Complacency is what led to black codes down south that disenfranchised millions and set up a new plantation system of prison laborers down there. This is why you mustn't support my opponent, and support me instead.

Thank you, god bless all of you, I'll be happy to have my stuttering idiot take your questions now, unless you want to get back to your feature presentation..."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:10 pm

"Sir, you've attacked in quite harsh terms General Jackson. He is a celebrated war hero who led our men in North Africa, Europe and Korea. Even his political opponents respect him for his war deeds. What do you have to state to those who are appalled by your attack on a war hero?"
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:"Sir, you've attacked in quite harsh terms General Jackson. He is a celebrated war hero who led our men in North Africa, Europe and Korea. Even his political opponents respect him for his war deeds. What do you have to state to those who are appalled by your attack on a war hero?"

Senator Simpson points at the young man that had called on him, shifting his stance slightly before replying.

"I would like to say that... er..., I do harbor some respect General Jackson for his war-making abilities. While he is not held, in my opinion, in a high regard, I do salute his efforts this country has graciously granted him. I do not believe in demeaning military personnel. I don't have service experience myself, unfortunately. I can't say how he came to the conclusions he did. I
do realize I have been harsh to the General, and I profusely apologize for such venom.

However, just because you can point on a map and lead our forces to victory does not mean he can command all three branches of government. I am aware of his actions as Governor of South Dakota, yes, but being Governor for four years is just not the same as having a lengthy legislative record, you see. There is a difference in commanding beaurecrats to command policies that effect people for the better, and commanding soldiers in the field."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:23 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
(Image)

Lebanon, New Hampshire
February 10, 1968

The town movie theatre had been rented for the sixty year old Simpson's speech. The doors were left-wide open as staff members dressed in brightly colored and striped uniforms popped large tubs of pop-corn, made sure Coca-Cola was stocked plentifully for the army of hungry and thirsty citizens that would wander in. A 60-40 profit sharing deal was reached with the proprietor of the Theater. A pair of eyes peeked out from the curtains before retreating backstage. The owner of such a pair of eyes nervously ran his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth behind the curtain while mumbling to himself.

"Abe! You're on in one! I can't hold 'em off for much longer." The owner of the theater responded, to which Simpson nodded his head and shooed him away with a motion of his hand.

"Right, right. Go Away, pleas-se. I need some thinking room."

Simpson was left alone according to his wishes, leaving him to collect his thoughts and march through them.

"Abe, are you sure you can do this?"

"Do this? Shit. I know I can do this. If any man's got the gumption to do something, I say let them do it, and see where their cards fall."

"What if you slip up- what if you make a mistake?"

"Are you, my brain, expecting me to be picture-perfect? That's impossible. I'm going to slip up on ocassion."

"Let's just hope no microphones are near-by, and be nice to the press."

"When am I not nice to the press?"

"Do you want me to list examples?"

"Uh...no, brain, no need to. I'll keep s'all-all smiles you hear?"

"Ugh...fine. But one screw-up and I'm going to motion your campaign manager to pull you off the stage with a hook."

"I'll gladly take that bet, but what would I be betting?"

"I've got a dollar in my pocket. Speak clearly and it's yours."

"But...that's MY dollar."

"Of course it's your dollar, you've been talking to yourself for fifty-eight seconds."

"Wait, that mean-"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF LEBANON, PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE MAN WITH A PLAN, THE DUDE WITH A MOOD, THE MINISTER OF BIN-ISTERS... I CAN'T THINK OF ANOTHER RHYME, JUST ENJOY THIS SPEECH, KEEP YOUR QUESTIONS UNTIL THE END, THEN YOU'LL ENJOY YOUR FEATURE PRESENTATION: PSCYCHO, BY ALFRED BITCHCOCK!"

A large auditory assault of polite sounding applause filled the movie theatre as Abraham S. Simpson hesitantly stepped out from behind the curtains. He was dressed in a grey colored suit this time, blending in with his equally greyed hairs on his face.

"Uh..Thhh-Thank you very much for the honor, Lebanon, New Hampshire! As I'm sure some of you know who I am, I will address my background briefly. I am a Massachusetts man. Always have been, and I always will be until I draw in my last breath on this earth and go off to see Mary.

I am proud to state that my own alma-mater was the Young Men's Christian Academy. I incurred a significant amount of debt doing this, and decided to attempt to pay it off slowly. Following this good news, I decided to attempt to open up my own Gn Store, I called it "Shooter Simpsons". Unfortunately folks, I got the worst t-timing, as three- no...two years later.. yes... two years later, you know what happened? Black Thursday happened and I was out of business.

I took this as a personal message from the big family upstairs you see? I am an ardent praying man. I pray every-single day of my life. I will have you all know that I served two successful stints as Mayor of my native Springfield, Massachusetts. It is the second tenure I am most proud of. Do you know how I helped out? While other figures were off fighting in the suns of Africa, the jungles of Burma or the brimy depths of the Atlantic Ocean, I was back in my native town making sure Lend-Lease would be operating smoothly. You cannot lend to your allies if you have nothing to lend them, now can you? Y-Nope.

During my tenure as Mayor of Springfield, our Arsenal, the Springfield Arsenal was the largest employer of jobs in my town. It produced rifles and guns our boys in green needed to fight Hitler, Tojo and Mussolini all at the same time! I can assure you that I did not simply sit idly by while Hiler-Hitler rampaged across Europe, I organized yearly 'American Victory Parades' every fourth of July, I bought war-bonds to help out the war effort, and I garnered an efficient role whilst in my home town.

Following this, I entered into local politics, which I won't bore you with what committees or what else I did, but I will proudly state this. As Senator of Massachusetts, I helped shepherd along the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I saw the ills that racism causes in certain states of this union, with life-threating consequences. I do not believe you should belittle your fellow man just because of a certain skin-color he is. I don't belive in all that McCarthy nonsense, not even from the very begining!

However, don't twist my words and say I'm anti-American or a flag burning, dope-taking hippie. I love this country, but I believe you should have more of a loyalty to your community or society than to these United States. I am not advocating treasonous activities such as succession, don't twist my words around and knife them. As for the ongoing War in Indochina, I am quite pleased to announce that I have introduced legislation that will bring the war powers back to Congress's hands, and not in the hands of the executive dictator that we currently have in charge. It shall enable the American people to get a nice..long rest in terms of worrying about what goes on outside of the American continent. That is the best news so far.

Apart from that, I also am a champion of the poor in this conflict. The poor, grieving families that have simply lost too much. Washington insiders and their lot claim that all this bloodshed is necessary for a free and stable 'Vietnam'. I'm not disputing the overall goal here, which is to rid them of communism. However, If you take a look at our so-called allies, are any of these actions undertaken by the South Vietnamese government true icons of freedom or liberty?:

Holding rigged elections

Persecuting religious minorities

Not granting fair or free trails to those that think differently from the Saigon government

Their government is not free or fair. It isn't even coming close to the more light definitions of a 'state-in-construction' or something along those lines. Can we really say we support 'Democracy' when our South Vietnamese cannot handle themselves and has failed as a nation-state? If we are holding up to our values, the answer MUST be a NO. We cannot and will not be able to root out their extereme poverty and corruption, which are internal factors that no amount of soldiers can solve. No amount of U.S. Money wasted in the accountants and ledgers of South Kor-I mean South Vietnamese politicians and beaurecrats can fix our efforts there. We may have failed utterly at building a stable nation-state that can stand up to Vietnamese aggression from Hanoi.

However, we must look to our own nation once we have firmly implemented solutions that shall fix our woes overseas. In spite of repeated attempts, the Southern rebels and states are still firmly against implementing that which should have come back in 1876! We have a Klan which terrorizes thousands of people and murders hundreds of people of all stripes and walks of life! The only reason there are white people going missing down south or being...horrifically hung, are because they are brave allies of the negro. The Negro is suffering down there. I want to make sure that we live up to (Not-MLK)'s vision of a nation where the "black and white and live side-by-side in peace and harmony." THAT is my goal.

Some people may call us 'radical'. This is never a radical cause propped up by left-wing lunatics. It is a cause brought forth by those people with morality. By the every-day person who's sick of hearing of Vietnam. By those people with love in their hearts. By those people that want to see all races live in inner-peace with one another. I believe that America can be a better place. That is my main message I want you all to get out of this, even if the movie sucks and you'll forget I was here anyways...

The other side has a well-to-be man in charge of ruining everything he touches. The man has never set foot in a Washington Office, nor has he put the liveli-hoods of his own people above his bottom line. I would say that Good citizens do not need to be told to 'abide-by the laws'. They already do such actions without thinking. It's like me eating a sandwich or breathing. While, true the man was responsible for the rebuilding of Japan. That was Japan. It is no where close to the complexity of these United States. It's culture is so far-removed from that of sensible American ideas that I would be surprised that, if my opponent wins, then we shall all have to learn Japanese and learn about the Kouratai.

My opponent is a danger to the constitution, the American people and the American way of life. I want to preserve a stable and peaceful world order, always mindful of threats to our people and our Hamiltonian tendencies in government. We must ensure that the world for the negro and the white man is on an even playing field. We've done that with the Civil Rights Act, and we musn't get complacent. Complacency is what led to the downfall of Rome. Complacency is what led to black codes down south that disenfranchised millions and set up a new plantation system of prison laborers down there. This is why you mustn't support my opponent, and support me instead.

Thank you, god bless all of you, I'll be happy to have my stuttering idiot take your questions now, unless you want to get back to your feature presentation..."

"Don't you feel that before you begin to call out the candidates on the other side, don't you think you should win the primary first? What separates you from Mr. Noble and the rest?"

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Don't you feel that before you begin to call out the candidates on the other side, don't you think you should win the primary first? What separates you from Mr. Noble and the rest?"

"I believe it is never too early to call out members of the Grandstanding Opportunists Party. However, I believe that party unity will be key if we want to lick Mr. Jackson or whomever becomes the Republican nominee. I can't say for certain, but we will have a nice roster of candidates that America can choose from. I am eagerly awaiting possible contenders to join me on the Campaign trail for the next six months, and I wish them all the best of luck when they get here.

I believe, at least in my good opinion which is never wrong and you shouldn't check that ever, is that the Dixiecrats will not do very well come November. I have the experience to rally forth the blacks and the whites to defeat our Republicans and ensure Democratic control over Washington for the next four years. I believe that Mr. Noble is a very good man, just misguided when it comes to the question of race.

He cannot see with his own two eyes the love and joy that blacks and whites get. He cannot see the gut-wrenching poverty of black neighborhoods that must be fixed if they are to sing up into the mountains and heavens. I can see that. That is our difference."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Don't you feel that before you begin to call out the candidates on the other side, don't you think you should win the primary first? What separates you from Mr. Noble and the rest?"

"I believe it is never too early to call out members of the Grandstanding Opportunists Party. However, I believe that party unity will be key if we want to lick Mr. Jackson or whomever becomes the Republican nominee. I can't say for certain, but we will have a nice roster of candidates that America can choose from. I am eagerly awaiting possible contenders to join me on the Campaign trail for the next six months, and I wish them all the best of luck when they get here.

I believe, at least in my good opinion which is never wrong and you shouldn't check that ever, is that the Dixiecrats will not do very well come November. I have the experience to rally forth the blacks and the whites to defeat our Republicans and ensure Democratic control over Washington for the next four years. I believe that Mr. Noble is a very good man, just misguided when it comes to the question of race.

He cannot see with his own two eyes the love and joy that blacks and whites get. He cannot see the gut-wrenching poverty of black neighborhoods that must be fixed if they are to sing up into the mountains and heavens. I can see that. That is our difference."

"In other words, you're weaponizing the black race for political gain?"

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:43 pm

Simpson's face gets beat red before refraining for a moment.

"Tha-that's not what I'm saying at all. I haven't used the black race as political bargaining chips to further my political endeavors. I've worked hard off of my own sweat and my own labor, no-one elses. Look, all I am stating is that the black race needs improvement. They need the tools necessary to be brought forth into the light. This includes forced Busing to white neighborhoods in major cities. I applauded such actions in Philadelphia when they were undertaken, just as an example."

"Now, does any-one have any-other questions, such as on foreign policy? hmm?"

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm

"Sir, you claimed that General Jackson is 'a danger to the constitution, the American people and the American way of life'. Would you care to elaborate on that? It sounds like you believe the General will try to impose a dictatorship..."
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:52 pm

"Well, I just can't say for certain about that. You've heard the man yourself. Do you think he's got your best interests at heart? hmm? I'm not stating his resemblance to a dictator or any-one of the sort. I'm worried that military men, they've all followed the rules and played nice with the Constitution. It's just...something in my bones, personally that makes me feel differently. I could be completely wrong, let's hope to god that I'm wrong on this account. He'll follow the constitution and be a succesful president, should he win the nomination and presidency this year.

This is simply election year politkin', I hold nothing personal against the General or any of his animals or family members."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Telegram

TO: Speaker of the US House of Representatives Frank Tarlton
FROM: Representative Hubert Broussard, Chair of the Dixiecrat Caucus

Mr. Speaker, I have a query that I believe is of great interest to you. Please, meet me for lunch at the "Brigadier's Lounge" Cafe in Washington at your earliest convenience. I will be paying, of course.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:"Well, I just can't say for certain about that. You've heard the man yourself. Do you think he's got your best interests at heart? hmm? I'm not stating his resemblance to a dictator or any-one of the sort. I'm worried that military men, they've all followed the rules and played nice with the Constitution. It's just...something in my bones, personally that makes me feel differently. I could be completely wrong, let's hope to god that I'm wrong on this account. He'll follow the constitution and be a succesful president, should he win the nomination and presidency this year.

This is simply election year politkin', I hold nothing personal against the General or any of his animals or family members."

"What are your thoughts on Former President Henry Davis as a military man?"

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:55 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:"Well, I just can't say for certain about that. You've heard the man yourself. Do you think he's got your best interests at heart? hmm? I'm not stating his resemblance to a dictator or any-one of the sort. I'm worried that military men, they've all followed the rules and played nice with the Constitution. It's just...something in my bones, personally that makes me feel differently. I could be completely wrong, let's hope to god that I'm wrong on this account. He'll follow the constitution and be a succesful president, should he win the nomination and presidency this year.

"Why do you want to pull us out of Vietnam?" an angry old man shouted, spitting on the ground and waving his hands violently. "Are you a pro-Vietcong crypto-commie queer?"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:14 pm

"I believe that Pike is a good man, a good man indeed. I can't say for certain that 'pure' military men make good leaders, but I do think that President Davis did the right thing in desegregating Little Rock during his tenure. That is what I believe."

Simpson then turned his attention to the furious looking old man who had waited until the Bay stater's last syllable evacuated from his mouth before flying into a tirade about vietcong and communism.

"Ah, hello good sir. I want to pull us out of Vietnam because we're getting sick of it. The people in this country and I'm sure in this state are sick of it. They don't want to send any more American boys to die. They don't want to have any more grieving mothers and fathers. I am against this...this damn war. It's all anyone talks about! I am not a pro-Vietcong crypto-communist. I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with that last term, but I can assure you I'm not it. I am anti-war, but more than that... I am Pro-life. I am Pro American life. I am pro-American families not burying another family member life. If being against the War means I am Pro-life, then I will be happy with such a classification."

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:18 pm

A young blonde college girl asked the next question. "Sir, will you legalize weed federally so people are not persecuted for a victimless crime?" She then waved a kiss to him. "Sir, I also want to say that I am big fangirl of yours and that I find you insanely handsome and attractive."
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Senator Simpson's face turned flush as he tried to maintain coherency. He quickly wiped his brow and adjusted his glasses before stammering a moment.

"humina-humina... Uh, M'am. I belive that certain crimes require certain punishments. If you kill some-one, you go to hell, understand? If you steal from some-one, you have to give it back... Th-that being said, if you light up a little bit in your own home and don't burn the place down, that's not a crime. I would be open for private ownership of marijuana and private leader-I mean... private usage."

"As for your second point, I hate to say it, but I'm already taken, sweet-behind..."

Simpson winked a slight grin at her before waiting for another question to be answered.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Senator Simpson's face turned flush as he tried to maintain coherency. He quickly wiped his brow and adjusted his glasses before stammering a moment.

"humina-humina... Uh, M'am. I belive that certain crimes require certain punishments. If you kill some-one, you go to hell, understand? If you steal from some-one, you have to give it back... Th-that being said, if you light up a little bit in your own home and don't burn the place down, that's not a crime. I would be open for private ownership of marijuana and private leader-I mean... private usage."

"As for your second point, I hate to say it, but I'm already taken, sweet-behind..."

Simpson winked a slight grin at her before waiting for another question to be answered.

An old Asian-looking man stepped forward. "I am an American of Japanese descent. My parents came to the United States, and I grew up here. I am a patriotic American. I love my country. I think of myself as an American. Your comments about Japanese culture offended me deeply. Do you believe we are a threat to America?"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Senator Simpson's face turned flush as he tried to maintain coherency. He quickly wiped his brow and adjusted his glasses before stammering a moment.

An old Asian-looking man stepped forward. "I am an American of Japanese descent. My parents came to the United States, and I grew up here. I am a patriotic American. I love my country. I think of myself as an American. Your comments about Japanese culture offended me deeply. Do you believe we are a threat to America?"

Simpson simply nodded his head.

"Yes, well... no...I'm not sure. Does that answer your question? It doesn't? Shit... Uh, fine."

Simpson takes his glasses off before approaching the asian-looking man and putting on a neutral expression.

He then puts his glasses back on.

"Oh, you were on my left, not my right... Neat. I don't have anything negative to say about the asian. I know the best car-manufacturers and pool-table makers and pilots. I do not doubt your patriotism for a minute, son. I would like to state this, and I wanna make sure you get it through your skull, which shouldn't be too hard.

I am against Jap Jackson, not any single one of the Japanese race. I hold nothing agaisnt them. They should be proud of their god-given heritage. If they want to shout 'banzai' at three in the morning, let them do it! My beef is not with Asia proper, but with Japanese Jackson."

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:40 pm

CONGRESSMAN NOBLE REBUKES SIMPSON FOR STATEMENTS ON GENERAL JACKSON, BUSING, AND HIMSELF
The race for the White House is off to a messy start as sparks are already flying a month before the first New Hampshire primaries. In a local interview, North Carolina Congressman Paul Noble was asked to respond to a Lebanon campaign event in which the Massachusetts Senator criticized his rivals and took on tough questions from the press. When asked for his opinion, Mr. Noble shook his head, "This is, to be quite blunt, an almost pathetic start to a campaign. Instead of focusing on policies and solutions to the growing crisis facing America, it seems Senator Simpson is content to slander all of his rivals for selfish gain. General Jackson is someone who I respect, as someone who has personally fought in war, I hold a man who can lead the charge in battle in the highest regard. Policy-wise, we may not agree on everything, but I would never accuse him of the things Senator Simpson did in Lebanon. It's shameful."

When asked about what the Senator said about him, "He said his opinion is never wrong. Well, let me just say, he's dead wrong, he's way past dead wrong. We saw what happened in the last election. Republicans came in from our flank and won several southern states. The fact is that all these radical activist policies, like the forced busing and the annihilation of states' rights is alienating people who care about these issues, especially in the south. Now, Simpson is a northern guy, I don't hold that against him, but he should really come down to the south and talk to the people, the very good people and the families who have seen the forced integration tear apart both white and black communities. He supports forced busing, a terrible racist policy that does the exact opposite of promoting equality. Listen, Simpson, sadly, is the kind of guy my campaign is fighting against: the radical out-of-touch bureaucrats who don't understand what the American people need right now."

It seems this campaign will only become more aggressive as votes start being counted and the conventions near.
Die nasty!!111

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:49 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
Sao Nova Europa wrote:

Simpson simply nodded his head.

"Yes, well... no...I'm not sure. Does that answer your question? It doesn't? Shit... Uh, fine."

Simpson takes his glasses off before approaching the asian-looking man and putting on a neutral expression.

He then puts his glasses back on.

"Oh, you were on my left, not my right... Neat. I don't have anything negative to say about the asian. I know the best car-manufacturers and pool-table makers and pilots. I do not doubt your patriotism for a minute, son. I would like to state this, and I wanna make sure you get it through your skull, which shouldn't be too hard.

I am against Jap Jackson, not any single one of the Japanese race. I hold nothing agaisnt them. They should be proud of their god-given heritage. If they want to shout 'banzai' at three in the morning, let them do it! My beef is not with Asia proper, but with Japanese Jackson."

A middle-aged man stepped forward. "How dare you!" he shouted. "I am a Korean War vet. I fought under General Jackson against the communists. How dare you suggest that the man who led us in Europe against the Nazis and in Korea against the communists is under Japanese influence? How dare you question his patriotism?"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Official Statement from The Office of Representative Hubert Broussard (D-LA-7)

While Representative Broussard is busy fighting for the people of Louisiana, he has been keeping one eye on the people and one eye on the candidates for the White House. Recent interviews and press junkets were given by Senator Simpson (D-MA) during his campaign trail. Representative Broussard believes that the Senator is mistaken in 99% of his views and statements, and puts his support and endorsement behind fellow Representative Paul Noble at this current time, a true American Patriot.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Internally, Simpson's mind was screaming.

His campaign managers that inhabited his head were all yelling at him. They were all screaming "YOU IDIOT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Simpson's posture in his chair shifts before he takes in his next question in through his lungs, it flies up to his brain for him to formulate a response before he replies to the beat-red man.

"Sir, thank you for your service. I would like to clarify my previous position. I simply heard rumors flying around that Jackson would not be the best fit for this country, that's all. I'm not stating he's a Jap or something crazy like that. I am not questioning his patriotism. If you were to cut General Jackson open with a katana sword or a cannon ball, he would scream Japanese, but his blood is red, white and blue. He simply has interesting hobbies, that's all. Nothing more to read into that statement.

America is in his debt for his war-time service, and will probably be granted a hero's welcome should he come back to Japan. I'm thinkin' a rice or ticker tape parade."

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:04 pm

Trenton, New Jersey
New Jersey Capitol Building

Senator Armstrong Burke stood on the steps of the New Jersey Capitol Building in Trenton; Miriam, his wife, stood just behind him with his mother beyond her. The four children and Burke's two grandchildren were all beside them. On his right, former Republican Governor of New Jersey (Not Driscoll) stood, a smile plastered across his face. Burke stood before-- well, a lot of people. Too many people, really. He liked smaller crowds better-- it was easier to tap into their energy, and their emotions, understand what they wanted to hear, feel comforted, feel heard. But today wasn't about them. It was about anything but them. For the first time, today would be completely about him, Armstrong Burke, the Republican Senator from New Jersey. Dozens of plants held high various signs, most of them carrying some variation of "Burke for President!" or "Jobs, Not Mobs-- Support Burke!"

"My fellow Americans," Burke began, voice slightly echoing as he spoke into the microphone-filled podium standing before him, "we stand at a crucial time in our nation's history. Inflation is killing the value of the dollar, the working class is struggling, our boys are dying in Vietnam, and extremists are standing on every street corner claiming 'I alone can fix this!' That is not the American way. That has never been the American way, and with God as my witness, that will never be the American way!"
His words were met with cheers of approval, but he held up his hands for silence as he continued. "The chaos, riots, and lawlessness that we have seen take place since 1965 are absolutely ludicrous. Ludicrous. Our leadership has failed us, and it's time that we take on the future for ourselves, to stand up for the grassroots people-- the people like you that have elevated me to the national stage by sending me to the Senate so many years ago. I hope to be one of the leaders in the fight to retake our nation, one of the leaders that work for American enterprise, that makes progress without overstepping the rights of the average American, that ends the Vietnam War with our honor intact and ends the violence in the streets. As such, I am announcing today that I am running for President of the United States!
We stand in a dangerous world today. We stand in a world where, on the radical extremist left, we have people like Congressman Truman of South Dakota that support amnesty, abortion, and acid. Meanwhile, on the right, we have radical extremists like Congresswoman Betty-Anne Lindquist and Thomas Silvermilk pushing for agendas that would decimate the economy, support the Dixiecrats' racist agenda, and destroy the relationships that Republicans like me have built between businesses and organized labor. There is, ladies and gentlemen, no need to go to an extreme on either side! Have we so quickly forgotten the legacy of Pike Davis? Are we so ready to abandon the silent majority in favor of extremism? I say this to you today-- extremism in the defense of ideologues is wicked, and moderation in the name of unity should be the goal of all great Americans. We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union hereby declare that we will take this country back!
If elected, I promise you that we will see jobs, not mobs, be the things that we examine on a day-to-day basis. The economy, the rule of law, and Vietnam are the three greatest issues of our day. Firstly, I believe that we must declare a war on drugs and a war on crime. We must crack down on opium, pot, and other drugs that have increased crime across our country, and we must take the fight to the streets of Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles-- wherever there is a drug deal taking place, it is there that we must strengthen our law enforcement officers to defeat the hippies that spread the use of these dangerous substances to our children and grandchildren. The lack of morality expressed today among our young people shows just how badly the current administration has failed, whereas Pike Davis's and other Republican administrations in local areas have upheld the dream of the white picket fence that all Americans have.
Secondly, the War in Vietnam is as pressing and concerning as it ever has been. So many have died in that war-- so many precious lives have been lost. It could be the young doctor that would cure cancer or the scientist that would improve our food supply has died overseas in a war. I hear you. You're ready for the bloodshed to end. You're ready for our boys to come home. I fully support an immediate halt to all bombing in Vietnam, and I call for full negotiations to begin immediately between America, France, South Vietnam, and the Viet Cong. A comprehensive peace treaty similar to what has happened in South Korea is our best chance of containing the communist threat. It's time for our boys to come home, and it is time for the president to admit that he has erred greatly in his handling of the war.
Thirdly, the past several years have seen the largest expansion of our government since the New Deal. While most of these programs that have been created have been for the better, they have resulted in some degree of inefficiency while causing inflation. I stand in favor of fighting inflation, cutting inefficient programs, and building on the programs that work to benefit hard-working Americans like you. I also stand in favor of expanding the Tennessee Valley Authority to provide additional cheap electricity to millions more people, protecting the right to unionize, and building prosperous businesses. A Burke Administration would be the best friend of anyone looking to start or grow their small business-- all people deserve a chance to get a leg up in our economy.
With that, I am afraid that I must go-- duty calls in Washington. I go now to fight for you, the people, as we begin this journey together to bring morning to America again; to fight for jobs, not mobs; and fight for a kinder, gentler nation. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless these United States!"

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Internally, Simpson's mind was screaming.

His campaign managers that inhabited his head were all yelling at him. They were all screaming "YOU IDIOT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Simpson's posture in his chair shifts before he takes in his next question in through his lungs, it flies up to his brain for him to formulate a response before he replies to the beat-red man.

"Sir, thank you for your service. I would like to clarify my previous position. I simply heard rumors flying around that Jackson would not be the best fit for this country, that's all. I'm not stating he's a Jap or something crazy like that. I am not questioning his patriotism. If you were to cut General Jackson open with a katana sword or a cannon ball, he would scream Japanese, but his blood is red, white and blue. He simply has interesting hobbies, that's all. Nothing more to read into that statement.

America is in his debt for his war-time service, and will probably be granted a hero's welcome should he come back to Japan. I'm thinkin' a rice or ticker tape parade."

"What hobbies exactly?" the same veteran asked. "What exactly are you insinuating?"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:07 pm

PAUL NOBLE CAMPAIGN AD RUN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, WISCONSIN, AND PENNSYLVANIA

Scenes of candidates campaigning and shaking hands are shown as the narrator enters.

Male Narrator: "Soon, Americans in several states will get to have their say on who the major parties should nominate for the Presidency. For the Democrats, two candidates are standing out.

Senator Simpson and Congressman Noble are shown.

"Senator Abraham Simpson and Congressman Paul Noble are two major contenders to lead the party. But how do these two compare? Let's see who they are in their own words.

Various clips of the two speaking alternate between the two.

Paul Noble: "My friends, America is at a crossroads, and we must choose whether we live in an America that values freedom, God, and strength, or an America that values greed, crime, and evil."

Abraham Simpson: "I believe, at least in my good opinion which is never wrong and you shouldn't check that ever,"

Paul Noble: "You know, I risked my life for this country, as many of us have. I remember our triumph against the fascists. I remember the pain my friends in uniform suffered, I watched some of them perish."

Abraham Simpson: "I am against Jap Jackson, not any single one of the Japanese race. I hold nothing agaisnt them. They should be proud of their god-given heritage. If they want to shout 'banzai' at three in the morning, let them do it! My beef is not with Asia proper, but with Japanese Jackson."

Paul Noble: "Let's let American genius and innovation thrive, my friends! Let's let the American worker work without having big brother breathing down their back! Let's let local communities decide what they need and what works, not wealthy elites who have never stepped foot outside of Washington!"

Abraham Simpson: "Th-that being said, if you light up a little bit in your own home and don't burn the place down, that's not a crime. I would be open for private ownership of marijuana and private leader-I mean... private usage."

Paul Noble: "One election will not change things overnight, but my friends, I'll be damned if we don't get started! So let's get started! Let's get this country back under God, kick the dirty communists out of Washington, and win this Cold War!"

Abraham Simpson: ""Yes, well... no...I'm not sure. Does that answer your question? It doesn't? (censored)... Uh, fine."

Male Narrator: "The choice should be clear, America. Vote Paul Noble for President to restore American greatness!"
Die nasty!!111

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:10 pm

"Sir, I am referring to time-honored Japanese traditions such as calligraphy, kabuki dancing. I'm not sure where your mind is, sir, but I'd advise you to go to church."
Simpson replied with a slight grin.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse