NATION

PASSWORD

Fear and Loathing '68 (1960s Political RP, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Fear and Loathing '68 (1960s Political RP, IC)

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Fear and Loathing
'68

CURRENT DATE: 1st - 4th April 1968

Welcome to Fear and Loathing, a 1960s American Political and Character RP where players can explore the ins and outs of government, from the Dixiecrats desperately trying to fight back against the march of progress to antiwar progressives hoping to put an end to the bloody Vietnam War to conservatives touting an agenda of restoring law and order to a bitterly divided nation.

The 1960s were one of the most tumultuous and divisive decades in world history, marked by the civil rights movement, the Vietnam War and antiwar protests, political assassinations and the emerging "generation gap." What is your place? Are you a war hawk who promises to finally defeat the Vietcong and stop the dominoes from falling? An antiwar activist who desires to get American boys out of the bloody jungles of Vietnam? A Dixiecrat who wants to reverse emerging racial integration? Or a civil rights leader who marches for a just and equal society?

Play as a Senator, Governor, Congressperson, Mayor or any other figure with a hand in the politics of yesteryear. Or run for office, from military hero to the Presidency to fight for your piece of America's Political pie.

Administrators: The Sarangtus Lands (OP), Sao Nova Europa (CO-OP), Lavan Tiri (CO-OP)

Links:

Acid! (OOC)Abortion! (Congress)Amnesty! (Discord)

COMPOSITION:

26 Republican Governors and 24 Democratic Governors

64 Democratic Senators, 36 Republican Senators

248 Democratic Representatives, 187 Republican Representatives

THE RULES:

1. The OP's words are the words of the Gods, but these Gods are not infallible, you can argue your position in a civil way but in the end their decision is final.

2. No real people or celebrities as characters. There is no Robert Kennedy that you can play. As per the introductory note, politicians post-FDR do not exist, or have been replaced with generic stand-ins: you can play them, should you wish. Records and history are the same, including statistics, save in the places where player-characters have brought about a change.

3. Regarding absences- If you, for whatever reason, must take a leave from the roleplay-that is of course fine. But please inform us ahead and how long it may take. If you are found to have just up and left the RP, we may have to simulate how you character act in votes per say, especially depending on their importance.

4. When it comes to writing; please do it well. We expect a certain level of quality with your posts. One or two sentences will not be acceptable, but we can be permissive-if your character is engaged in conversation, a sentence is fine

5. Please make characters of quality and substance. We don't want Mary Sue flawless characters who are 30-year-olds, actresses, former sharecroppers with military service earning a medal of honor and then returning from Korea to attend Harvard. Those characters aren't very fun to play or interact with. But on the other hand-no sabotage characters. Just because you hate Democrats, don't make a hopelessly corrupt and scandal-ridden Democrat with no redeeming qualities.

6. No cheat-edits. Once you've made an IC post, leave it. Edits to formatting are all right along with typos, but don't try to change anything major compared to what you have already written, especially if it has already been responded to. If your character said it in public, it must stay. Gaffes happen, after all.

7. If you are not sure if something is legal or okay, ask OOC first. Always better to check-and there is limited leniency for things that are obviously bad.

8. No events that directly affect another character without permission first. In essence, avoid physical altercations and outrageous "accidents". Assassination is banned, any external action taken against politicians will take place in the form of an event.

9. No meta-gaming. Do not let the OOC influence the realism of your character's actions. If they are in a closed situation in which information is limited, they cannot state-specific statistics, for example.

10. PG-13 limit. Per site-wide rules, nothing too saucy or racy. You know it when you see it.

11. The IC may have racially charged moments with the RP being in 1968, but the N***** word is unacceptable, and we request that you instead use, 'Coloreds' or something along those lines. Racism in the OOC will NOT be tolerated and will result in an immediate ousting from the RP.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Character Roster:

Executive Branch:
-

Legislative Branch:
House of Representatives
Republicans:
United States Representative from Alaska's At-Large Congressional District: Ellison "Doc" Smith (Newne Carriebean7)

Democrats:
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and Representative from North Carolina's 3rd District: F. Maitland Tarleton (Free Ward Marchers)
United States Representative from North Carolina's 1st District: Paul Noble (Jovuistan)
United States Representative from Massachusetts' 7th District: James Brown Jr. (Deblar)
United States Representative from South Dakota's 1st District: Ronald "Ronnie" Truman (Meretica)
United States Representative from Louisiana's 7th Congressional District: Hubert Langlanais Broussard (Louisianan)
United States Representative from Indiana's 1st District: Louis Blockett (Bulgarai)

U.S. Senate
Republicans:
United States Senator from Pennsylvania: Joseph Gorski Warszawski (Zohiania)
United States Senator from New Jersey: Armstrong Burke (Meretica)
United States Senator from Florida: Bill Burke (SOUTH OLPEN)
United States Senator from Ohio: Dr. Taras Aleskevitch (New Luciannova)

Democrats:
United States Senator from Illinois and President pro Tempore: Matis K. Yakobsky (The Sarangtus Lands)
United States Senator from Tennessee: William McHale (Meretica)
United States Senator from Massachusetts: Christopher “Castor” Medgar Connor (Meretica)

Governors and Mayors:
Republicans:
-

Democrats:
Governor of Maine: Ashton Millard Connor (Meretica)

Non-Officeholders and Minor Officeholders:
Republicans:
Former Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers and Secretary of State: General Jonathan Jackson (Sao Nova Europa)

Editor-in-Chief of the National Review and host of Firing Line: Michael Jackson (Sao Nova Europa)

Former President of United States: Henry Percival "Pike" Davis (Louisianan)

Former Governor of Oregon: Glen Mitchell Anderson (Dentali)

Former Governor of West Virginia: Edward Jones Sr. (Louisianan)

Former US Representative of Ohio's At-Large Congressional District: Betty-Anne Lindquist (Louisianan)

Campaign Manager: Samuel 'Sam' Beckett (Sao Nova Europa)

Campaign Manager: Devin Gautiere (Louisianan)

Detective at Chicago Police Department (Homicide Division): Jimmy 'Jim' Wilson (Sao Nova Europa)

Character Names:

In terms of referring to IRL politicians, they have different names in this RP, however everything else, unless otherwise noted, remains the same, including their appearance. Here is the list of names. If you are interacting with a politician not on this list, feel free to make up the name on your own:

LBJ - Jethro Tobias Lauderdale
JFK - Barry Mitzhollings Connor
RFK - Ashton Millard Connor
Eisenhower - Henry "Pike" Davis
Goldwater - Thomas Silvermilk
Humphrey - George Gascilly
Mansfield (SML) - Richard Ansmill
Morse - Arnold Fletcher
Hatfield - Wyatt Roamstill
Rockefeller - Gerald Fritzinger
FDR - George Millard Tinkerhull
Truman - Carry S Hammond
George Wallace - Lawrence Marsh
Thurmond - Lee Davis Zebulon
Ervin - Paul Judd
Fulbright - Michael Theophilus Colchester
Brezhnev - Radomil Osipov
de Gaulle - Francois de Mont (Philippe Petain faceclaim)
Fidel Castro - Nelson Blanco
Raul Castro - Abel Blanco
Harold Wilson - James Lawton
Mao - Ling Ban-Chao
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:14 pm

Springfield, Massachusetts
February 1, 1968

Father Winter teased the northwest with light flurries of snow one minute, and heavy downpours of glacial frozen hellfire within the next few chimes of a clock-tower. Inside a distraught and shoddy-looking building, there was a noise that came from one of the open windows. A chill awoke those that had made the noise. A thin shape appeared from the corner of the bedroom window, with her stretching herself and letting out a deep yawn.

"You need to get up."

"Hmmm?" A male voice questioned, rolling back into his comfortable prison of linen, cotton and whatever mattresses were made from.

Another chill in the air entered the room at this moment, causing the thinly shaped daintly looking woman to shudder to herself momentarily before asking the sad lump of flesh to her direct left on the other side of the room.

"Get up, Abe. Come on, you've got Senate things to do. You know....uh...Actually, I don't know what you do, apart from being whisked away either to those damn poker games or those damned Committee Meetings."

"I'll have you know, Mona, that I have important biz-ness...buisness" The man hissed at his signifigant other as he stretched out his arms and let out a large yawn, showing two rows of slightly rotting and inconsitencly colored teeth in his cavern.

Mona rifled through the small closet, sliding across the wooden fold-out that provided privacy on one side of the room, now getting herself readied for the day.

"Right... The last time it was important buisness, you gambled away the family china."

"But-but it was YOUR side's family china." The Senator countered his wife's true accusation.

"Simpson, you idiot. I don't know why I agreed to marry you."

Simpson shot a grin at the sliding door as numerous articles of clothing were hung over, shortly before Mona emerged from the other side, now wearing a much more respectable outfit.

"Why, baby-doll. We all know it was to help m-" He quickly fixed his sentence lest he be party to another round of rolling pin beatings.
"us... in our goals. We're both happily unhappy in our marriadge. Remember our lil' joke?"

Mona shot a slight chuckle at Abraham before they both repeated the twenty year old inside punchline.

"If anyone asks, we've been happily divorced, but keep seeing each other out of madness."

"Damn right, Mona. Now..." Simpson now took his turn behind the slider, with a flurry of clothes flying on-top and through the dresser that was on the other side of the wooden divider in the room.

Simpson emerged from the other-side wearing a simple white button up shirt and a pair of Jeans. He walked over to the coat-hanger that was by the door and slid on his signature grey overcoat while fumbling with a bright red tie in one hand.

"I must let you get back to whatever the hell you do in here. I'm going to take my leave. Don't invite any of your...damned girl-friends of yours from DNA's greasy spoon."

"Well, where are you off to now? Not even a kiss?"

"Mona, I only kiss women I love. I'll hug you sure, but a full-fledged kiss? That would hurt my reputation as a sitting U.S. Senator. Oh, there's left-overs in the fridge!"

Mona rifled through the elderly looking ice-box in the tiny kitchen before turning to her husband with an agitated look on her face.

"We don't have any more!"

Simpson shot a large shit-eating grin at what he was about to do next.

"Because they left, and they're over! BYE MONA!" With an abrupt slam of the door and a symphony of chuckles from the elderly man, he shot his ass down the rickety wooden stairs before emerging from a side-alley way that was the opening to their dreadful living conditions and tiny piece of American Pie in the middle-american town.

"Oh hell, I just know for that I'm going to get both the broom AND the floor, but-It was so worth it! He ha hee-hee-haw!"

EDNA'S DINER
February 1, 1968
8:03 AM

Downtown Springfield had a very small-town feel to it. You could turn the corner and meet everyone that lived and worked there, all very friendly like. Everyone went to the same church, worshiped the same god and spoke the same tounge. It was the quintessential piece of American Pie that was appropriate of this place. It's the same atmosphere it had when the old man had been Mayor twice, though with even less rich folks, which was even better to the social-security approaching Senator.

The faint chime of a bell was heard as a blonde haired, black dressed waitress shot a grin at his regular that enjoyed coming in.

"Howdy Abe. You want your special or just your every-day?"

"Marsha, if it's been...." Abraham counted on his fingers for a brief moment ,the Senator lost in concentration until he managed to figure it out.

"If it's been three days, it's been three years, how are things since then? Any boyfriends?" Abraham shot Marsha a goofy looking grin as she filled up a pot of coffee and brought it over to his table in the Diner.

"You Jerk. No, I haven't had any luck with men."

"Consider yourself lucky. Back in my day, women would all want a piece of the ol' Simpson charm, especially when I got back from my war service."

"You didn't fight in a war. Has Ellroy been talkin' your ear off at the retirement home again?"

"Ol' Ellroy? Right him...sorry about that doll, I haven't had my coffee yet, so I'm mis-remembering things now. Uhhh..." Simpson stared at the red menu of the resturant before setting it down in front of him.

"I'll have the fried chicken."

"How'd you like your eggs?"

"Fried, Salted and Scrambled, Doll. Oh, and some Hashbrowns."

With a curt nod, Marsha walked away with his breakfast ordainment of the diner gods before another chime of the door was heard. A balding looking gentlemen with a thick pair of spectacles, complete in a rather cheap looking suit turned his head this way and that way before pointing at Simpson, who simply gave a nod of his head for the other man to sit down.

"Well-Well-Well if it isn't Wellington!"

"W-w-will you stop that joke, it wasn't funny the first time you said it to me in Boston, and it'll never be funny."

"Oh,never say never w-w-Wellington. I'm laughing my ass off about it."

"W-well, I'm glad someone's having fun w-with it. You Ass."

"Please, I'm more of a...dragon than an ass, but I appreciate the compliemnt nontheless, so, anything new up on the hill?"

"W-well, None that I can see so far, the winter months are the slowest."

Simpson picked up Wellington's glass of water that was sat in-front of him, staring at it with a curt nod.

"Politics, Well, is a lot like Ice. Some-times it progresses so fast, it melts or boils away, Other times, it's so damn obstinate at the shiny new future of is-self it ends up freezin' over again and again, formin' even bigger roadblocks to progress."

"W-well, the Southern block is basically a damned glacier if I'm to understand w-where you're a getting at now, Abraham."
Senator Simpson's facial expression altered at the twinge of having a Dixiecrat firmly in his jowls, akin to a Lion squeezing on down on it's prey, pushing more and more until...something gave out.

"They, those Southern...fools, they couldn't see progress even if it was a moving train! I reckon they don't have a whole lot of those in the south. Not since good ol' Sherman came down south to teach 'em a lesson. I should now how to get things done. Fer-christ's sake, I moved heaven and earth to get that Civil Rights Act passed and now what is the South doing?

Throwing their fits and their god...god-awful white on black violence! What's the black man got to do in this day and age to not lose his life over some flirty words to a gal? I'm sure the white folks would've seen it as a compliment.

I can't wrap my head around their...ideology, if you can even call 'racism' an ideology Wellie, I just can't! It's a disease, plain and simple! "

Simpson slams his fists on the table for emphasis before taking a deep breath and calming down.

"That damned- no, that god-damned terrorist organization known as the KKK, we need to sick the Federal Law down upon them. Hit them like the hand of god and the almighty creator himself! It might just take another round of Reconstruction, but, if we have to send in Federalists down south to restore order from every redneck down south, then I will see to it that the black man is saved from utter annihilation! I don't give a damn what we have to take, if they call us so-called "Radicals", then that is what we will need to do, even if every firearm is removed from southern criminal's hands, I WILL DO IT FOR THE BLACK MAN!"

Simpson takes a few deep breaths before Wellington added something to the conversation so as to not let it seem so one-sided.

"Now, Simpson, I agree w-with you on the blacks. You did really good w-with the 'civil rights' and such. Some people are just too obstinant to change in the system. Poll taxes, voter ID laws and other forms of racial discrimination are the next line of barriers for you to try and break on dow-wn. You need to be the candidate for Equality, and you've got a very good shot at that."

"Huh. Thanks for the little pep talk, W-W-"

"Stop that."

"Fine, just this once Wille. I'm going to fully desegregate this entire country. The Blacks, the Latinos, the Asians, the Whites, we can all just come together for one final moment of peace. I may be an old man, but if this country needs old men now more than ever, I'm happy to die for my country on the political battlefields of liberalism. This isn't radical, it's common sense! Common damn sense, which about eleven states in this Union currently lack right now."

"Abe, have you thought of your strategy to get into the W-White House? Don't tell me your now w-wishing to still be Mayor of this quaint little gunning village."

Abraham squirmed at the thought first, before molding his face into more of an even expression. Before he could reply, the order of Fried Chicken, Eggs and Hashbrowns appeared before his fork and knife, with a small gurgle of approval from his stomach at the delicious, pan fried griddle magic that the chef had concocted out of his wildest breakfast fantasies.

"Mr. Wellington, I will be blunt with you. I intend to run for the Presidency of the United States in 1968. That is without dispute one of my many goals this year. The others are to find therapeutic candles for my wife so she lets me sleep back in bed with her, and to show the people of this state I mean business! I'm going to go on a tour throughout this state, meeting with the babes, the babies and everyone in-between who's not a hot smokin' babe nor an infant poopin' child that I have to kiss. However, in this grand play, this great strategy, I have auditions, and you've stumbled your way into the conference room. Give me a solid good elevator pitch as to why I should pick you as my campaign manager."

Wellington pondered the question in a painfully too long section of silence before replying to his boss.
"You see, I've been in politics a long time, Abraham, and I can see that you've been w-winning before. You knocked the GOP's teeth out in '62 and clobbered them again in '64 with that goddamned nazi on the front-ticket...Silvermilk. You'll be a right special fit for the White House. I can guide you on through the steps of not yelling at customers when they spill your order of beans or something like that."

Well, how'd I do?"

Wellington's face soon met the ungodly soft hands of Simpson, no doubt from years of experimental lotions and perfumes on his elderly digits.

"Good boy! You're hired! I'll need help on the campaign trail, not just getting up to go to the bathroom. You'll need to make sure I've got catchy slogans, concrete ideas to run on and loving fans to mob us at every campaign stop we do."

"So, w-when do I start?"

"Oh hell, I don't know, but I want you to get your friends together and I'll get my friends together and we'll work on setting up a Campaign team in Massachusetts. We've got to lock down support here first before all the other bastards start crowding us out."

"I'll start conducting interviews of the locals around here if they want to be a part of your 'Best New Deal' for America. It's a working title right now, if you've got any slogans, I Kha-can w-Work w-with you on it. We'll be sure to send out our boys across the line to Vermont to rally forth our message before the primaries start. Oh, and we'll send out flyers explaining who you are and why your running."

"Bring up the glories of FDR and my humble origins as Mayor of Springfield, working up the political ring through *Hard* Work, correctly?"

"Yeah, something along those lines. Talk up how you've been a friend for the black person and how you're going to support the poor w-white man throughout your administration. How you've been a staunch anti-communist and aren't 'w-w-weak' on Defense. Hell, if the dumbasses known as your opponents challenge you to speakin' matches, w-why not go for another few rounds, eh?"

"You know, Well, that's not half-bad. Chat up my strengths while not mentioning the eight-hundred pound gorilla in the bakery section of your local Harmons. A-when do you say, I should announce my bid?"

"Uh...you know, I can't say for sure right now. Maybe if there's a lull in your W-washington shenanigans that you do, then you can pop the proposal to the DNC on a political marriage. Don't say anything right away, but don't refute rumors of you a runnin' to the press. Stir up interest, the press love interest and intrique. If you do announce, do it here, right across the street."

He pointed to Springfield Armory, or what had been Springfield Armory back in it's hey-day. The very ground they were sitting upon had been handpicked by George Washington himself during the Revolutionary War. It had even been the site of one of America's first insurrections, with the Massachusetts Militia firing grapeshot at the revolutionaries that had stirred up Shaye's rag tag band of pay-demanding soldiers. It armed the State militas of this country during the British Invasion in 1812, and was one of the few places in the United States, apart from Harpers' Ferry in the traitor's land of Virginia that armed the Union soldiers with aptly named "Springfield Muskets and Cannon." When the United States Army was starved for Rifles and bullets in their march "over there", Springfield Armory came through for the country, with over half a million firearms and rifles being provided to the American Expeditionary Force.

A small inkling of pride glimmered in the elderly man's eyes as he reminisced about his leadership in the town during the Second "War to end all Wars". He provided thousands of jobs to the local community and took Roosevelt's "Arsenal of Democracy" comment to heart. Simpson remembered the frequent inspections he did to the women on the factory floor, encouraging them to work as hard as they possibly could, even if they made mistakes. He was sure that those mistakes would be fixed prior to the soldier firing his weapon in the heat of combat and realizing it not working right, lest he be on the line for some civil bullshit law-suits from "grieving families" or something else. He should be familair with the Armory's main product during the War, which was the battle-tested M1 Garand rifle. It's not as if it was a rare rifle that would've set off his collectors instincts, the gun was as plentiful as the air surrounding Simpson, with almost four million being made in the Springfield Armory all by herself.

"I must confide something in you, Wells."

"Oh? w-what is it? Finally appreciating my genius after all these years, I must say, Abe, I w-wasn't ex-"

"No you idiot. For once, you aren't sniffing a woman's ass just to bring me good news. I'm not really sure what that saying means, but I've heard it from my father. I think the Armory is the best place, hell...it's the only appropriate place to kick-start my campaign."

Wellington's face beamed with a bright smile as he began to chat up the Bay state Senator's poor ear loafs.

"Say, that's great news buster ol pal. Did you know that you and your mom and i were pals and it never occurred to me that my mom w-was long dead and your mom w-was long dead and that both our moms were pals but are now dead-"

Simpson put his unwashed hand over the non-stop speaking juke-box that was the personification of his chatty-as-hell campaign manager before using his washed hand to extend out to the Factory that was across the street. For a brief moment, Wellington finally shut up, enabling Simpson to get his mind's wits about him and contemplate an idea before Wellington broke the tranquility by speaking out of turn again.

"The Armory? I'll get a crowd together, Abe and I'll see w-what I can do on such short notice. Give me a couple of days to go the rounds around the local press and I'll w-whisk together a real special occasion. W-we might even be able to get you a Garand Rifle for you to w-weild in front of the children! I jest, 'f course! W-we can't afford the law-suits or bad press if one of those bastards aren't primed w-with baby-killin' powder."
Simpson nodded appreciatively at his unpaid and unloved campaign manager, beating him with a fork located on the booth's table a few times, just to marinate his noggin'.

"Good, good. I'll leave the details up to you. We can make a formal announcement in a few days, get a hold of Jared from the Press and give 'em a scoop: 'Senile-senior senator Simpson mulls white house run.'... Actually, scratch the first word in that, and just say 'Senior senator Simpson says "Simple Solutions sear Simplicities or something that's alterative. Actually, I'm not so good at making up titles, that is why I'm charging you with it. I'll leave the whole meat n' potatoes all up to you, Wells. You're a good man, even if you do stutter. Apparently that's what they call a few, solid, 'Christian' moral fibers. Who knew?!"

Wellington's face released with a beaming smile in his eyes for a moment before he shook his bosses's hand and left the local greasy spoon in downtown Springfield, Massachusetts. Simpson remained in the diner for another full hour before looking down at his watch with a slight expletive and throwing whatever he just so happened to have in his pockets (which amounted to... eight pennies and a very fashionable looking miniature Springfield 1903 Rifle that he picked up whilst in Las Vegas on a business trip with several "female escorts".
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:01 pm

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:25 am

1st February 1968

France - Normandy - Utah Beach

Jonathan Jackson
Former General and Secretary of State

Jonathan Jackson: a name associated with countless achievements. Liberator of Casablanca. Hero of the Battle of El Guettar, beating back the Panzers of the Afrika Korps. Conqueror of Palermo and Messina, beating in a race against time the British Field Marshal Bernard L. Montgomery. Leader of the American forces that landed on Normandy. Commander of the legendary 12th Army Group, driving American arms in a brilliant campaign from Normandy to the Elbe River. American Shogun of Japan, responsible for the liberalization of the Land of the Rising Sun. Commander in Chief of the UN Forces in Korea, twice beating back communist invaders and capturing Seoul. Secretary of State of Henry Davis: a master of the art of brinksmanship and the architect of SEATO and CENTO. Governor of South Dakota; granted, that did not measure up to his other achievements, but Jackson liked to remind everyone that he did have executive experience.

Jackson was a towering figure, and not just because of his physical height (standing at 6'5"/196 cm). He was an American icon and war hero. Jackson was lucky to have a journalist as his brother, and William Jackson was one of the most popular journalists of his time. This helped Jonathan to have privileged access to the US press and publicize his side of the story; and Jonathan Jackson was one hell of a self-promoter, lionizing his victories and downplaying any setbacks. He especially cultivated the now popular image of "Mad Jack": the 'crazy' commander who cares neither about danger nor about how terrible the odds are, but pushes ahead and beats the enemy. Americans were desperate for heroes in those dark times, and Jackson provided them just that. No wonder he had become such a popular figure in the home front.

Other men would have been content with those achievements; he had commanded the largest group of American soldiers to ever serve under one field commander, become Shogun of Japan and been appointed Secretary of State of the United States. But Jackson was not content. He had a flaming desire inside him to rise even higher: to become President of the United States of America. When he had announced his candidacy on November 30, 1967, it came as a surprise to no one. Jackson had spent the last two years touring America and rekindling ties with Republican office-holders. He had given countless interviews and had published his war memoirs, which had been adapted to the big screen (starring none other than Marlon Brando in the role of the General).

Some felt that Jackson was a relic from another, bygone era. That younger men were needed to push the country to the future. Jackson hoped to prove them wrong. He would play the part of the elder, wise statesman who would bring unity to a bitterly divided America and achieve victory in Vietnam.

Now he was at Utah Beach, in Normandy, France. Only a small camera crew was accompanying him. The elderly general was walking down the beach. The sea was glassy and calm, only the gentle and soothing sound of the water against the sandy shore could be heard: it was hard to believe that this was once a sight of massacre and fire. Utah Beach had been a success: the German defenses were weaker than expected and the pre-invasion bombardment had neutralized many enemy targets. Even so, good men had died.

"Good patriots died here," Jackson said to the camera. "Brave men who gave their lives for their country and for the cause of human liberty. Sometimes I am asked the question if it was worth it: I would say yes, their sacrifice was worth it. They helped liberate Europe from an evil tyranny the equal of which we had never seen before in human history: a regime that attempted to extinguish the human liberty and God-given rights that Western civilization is built upon for the worst kind of despotism and oppression. But we beat that regime! We liberated Europe! We showed that democracy and freedom - so maligned by ideologues of state totalitarianism - are not 'naïve ideological concepts' but that they can motivate men to achieve impossible feats and can beat a totalitarian regime."

"Just like then, so do now we face a totalitarian enemy that seeks to challenge freedom and democracy. We face an enemy that seeks global domination and the eradication of our way of life. This struggle between America and the Reds is not a struggle between two great powers: it is rather a conflict between the forces of liberty and tyranny, freedom and slavery, good and evil, God and Atheism, light and darkness. It is a global conflict, and if we retreat from it as appeasers demand, then the dominoes will start falling and the darkness of oppression and barbarity shall descent upon the peoples of Asia and Europe: and it won't be long before that darkness descents upon America itself."

"It is for this very reason that we cannot allow South Vietnam to fall to the forces of communism. It will send a signal that the forces of democracy and liberty are weak, retreating. It would be - if I am allowed to make the analogy - as if back in the Second World War we had allowed the Nazis to take over Britain. We cannot let this happen. I understand the frustrations of many in our country. The war in Vietnam has been bloody, long and we've yet to defeat our enemy. But the answer to this is not to give up, not to abandon our defense of freedom and human liberty; but to fire those incompetent politicians and vote for competent people who will achieve lasting victory in Vietnam and bring our boys finally back home! Having served as a military commander in both the Second World War and the Korean War, I believe I have the necessary qualifications and expertise to win in Vietnam. Just like I beat the Nazis and the Red Koreans, I'll beat the Vietcong and finally end this war."

Jackson looked at the sea again. For a brief moment there was silence, only the soft sounds of the crushing waves could be heard. "We beat the Nazis in Normandy because we had unity," the elderly general finally said. "America was great when we had unity of purpose. Now there is so much division: but that division is artificial. The silent majority wishes for law and order, an end to rioting and violence, victory in Vietnam, good governance that serves the common folk and not DC bureaucrats, and social peace. Rioters, criminals, drug-addicts, extremists and those who hate America and love the Vietcong are but a loud minority! And yet many politicians - especially on the Democratic Party - seem to be more concerned about pleasing the loud minorities than serving the silent majority. As President, I will aim to represent the wishes of the silent majority: the law-abiding, tax-paying, peaceful, patriotic citizens of this grand nation. The same kind of people who took the Normandy Beaches and showed to the world what Americans are made from!"
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:47 am

Columbus, Ohio

Betty-Anne Lindquist
February 1, 1968

"Good people of Ohio," Betty begins with a soft and warm smile, "I am delighted and absolutely honored to be here with you today. This year, after the abolishment of the At-Large seat of Ohio, I come to you with a message. After my many years in politics, in political literature, and in circles closely related to the ongoing war with Vietnam, I can tell you with full certainty that we are going down a path. A path of weak leaders, a path of liberal and moderate politicians whose values, morals, and backbones bend to the decade. Rather than attitudes, minds, and people changing the world, they allow the world to change them. To mold them into hybrid creatures, unrecognizable from their former selves."

"Ohio, I come to you today to announce my official candidacy for the United States Senate Seat of Ohio which is up for election in November of this year. I come to you today, not as a politician. I come to you as a mother, wife, daughter, and citizen of this country. I come to you with a plea. The world is steadily growing to be unsafe for mothers, wives, daughters, and citizens. This country, the country that once touted the American Dream as a white picket fence home with two and a half children, is going down an increasingly dangerous and immoral path. Homosexuals walk the streets praying on your young boys. Communists hide in plain sight, and women are murdering their babies in dark alleyways. The women's liberation movement is hard at work at liberating women by vowing to take away the privileges of being a woman."

"They want to send us women into the jungles of Vietnam. They want us to be equal to men and sign us up for the draft. They want to take mothers away from their babies and send them out to Hamburger Hill. They want to make women pay alimony. Women are the fairer sex, and I want my daughter growing up in a world where she is treated like a dignified lady as we have been since the dawn of modern society. Bubble flip hairdos, poodle skirts, et cetera, are what we women enjoy wearing, not military uniforms. Housewives need to be defended against these immoral beatniks. I am a Housewife, I'm only here and running because my husband allowed me to be here. I cook dinner for my family, I would take my family with me to Washington when I was a Representative because I didn't want to spend an extra moment away from them than I had to. I am a mother, that is my top priority, and like all mothers, I want what's best for my children and really all children in our glorious country."

"Ohio, I pledge, if elected as your senator, to support a victorious end to the Vietnam War at any and all cost. I pledge to support Housewives in Congress as I have previously done. If I am elected, I pledge to bring morality and decency back to the forefront of American life. I pledge to help Ohioans as best as I can, communicating with you at every chance and opportunity. Democrats support the effeminacy of our sons, the masculinity of our daughters, and taking rights away from women. Democrats push weak candidates and put them into office, and Republicans have been doing the same as of late. I plan to bring a change to the Republican Party, get rid of the ignorant face of the loser of the 1960 Presidential Election, and move into a more conservative, more American, and more patriotic direction. I've been dubbed as the Queen of Modern Conservatism, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I am a product of the Depression, a workhorse during the war, and a follower of the American Dream just like all of you here."

"Our children need to be patriotic at all times, but at the current moment, many of you are asking if our country is worth fighting for. Despite the homosexual, pinko, communist infidels that are ruining and tarnishing the image of America and American life via colored protests and riots, I say yes, this country is worth fighting for. While our strong, burly men take the fight out to the communists overseas, I plan to take the fight to our Congress. In the words of my mother, if you ever want to get anything done, have a woman do it. I'm here and I'm going to do it, and I'll give a good kick in the trousers to anyone who steps in my way. As General Jackson said in his address earlier today, the Democrats are intent on supporting criminals, druggies, and American-hating communists. I do disagree with him, we are not the silent majority. We are growing our voice, we are raising our volume. We are becoming the loud majority, we must aim to strip the voice away from those who hate our country. We must take their voice, and use it as our own. We must rip out the vocal cords of the Liberal machine, and use them to strengthen our machine. The machine of good, patriotic, Americans. The machine of the Anti-Homosexual, Anti-Communist, Moral, and Conservative Right."

"I feel like as I'm speaking to you today, there is fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the communist threat. I vow that under my Senatorship, I will keep an eye on things involving communism, especially things like the Cuban Missile Crisis, and ensure that events like that cease in the future. How can communists come so close to our shore without us noticing the moment they touched the ground? Where were our experts then, where were they when the idiotic and ill-planned Bay of Pigs invasion took place under Connor? I'll tell you where they were, they were at home. President Connor didn't want the good experts because they were Republicans. He put our nation in danger because they disagreed with his views. While I and many Americans including yourselves mourned the death of our president in 1963, we cannot lose sight of the fact that he was a negatively consequential president and should we have any more weak and immoral presidents in his fashion, then this country is sure to go down that dark path. The dark path of homosexualism, abortion, women's liberation, and more. Like I love to tell feminists, the only people who can liberate women are men." she added with a chuckle,

"Thank you all for your time. We have a huge crowd here this afternoon, and I am delightfully excited to see all of you out on my campaign trail hunting communists, pinkos, and homosexuals along the way. My campaign is beginning with a pamphlet, a watchlist of sorts. It names people! It tells you who to watch out for, and what politicians are Communists, Pinko's, and Homosexuals. I encourage you to pick one up as you leave this afternoon, along with little baggies of homemade fudge! Good afternoon and God bless you all. Thank you all so much again."

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:14 pm

tag
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:34 pm

Springfield Armory, Springfield, Massachusetts
February 2, 1968
5:41 PM

Wellington looked out nervously behind the red curtain that had been set up behind the stage. He could see quite a crowd starting to come together, even if it was starting to get dark at nearly six hours past noon. The one thing the campaign manager was eternaly thankful for was the small town feel to Springfield, which enabled rumors and flyers of an "important announcement" from "the 40th and 42nd Mayor of Springfield" to spread like wildfire on a dry, african bush. The Manager knew of his bosses' higher roles, but figured that a hometime and home-town introduction would fit him far better, as many would probably still remember his tenure as Mayor during the Second War to end all Wars. Hopefully it was the fonder, more patriotic second tenure, and not his first, chaotic and far less successful tenure as Mayor of Springfield.

A small tap on his shoulders made the coiled-up spring known as his spine leap to life, with Wellington spinning around angrily on his heels in an instant, ready to chew out...his boss?

"Oh, fer-christ-sakes Abe. You're going to give me a w-wonderful stroke w-won of these days."

Abraham Simpson let loose with a series of light chuckles before putting his hands around Wellington's shoulder,(though not without some straining from his pinky toes) being forced to look up to his aide, who could have been mistaken for a basketball player at just a hair over seven feet.

"Two questions, how's the weather up there, and is everything set up?"

"Fuck you, and yes, everything's in place. W-we've got the band readied to play the Stars and Stripes f'rever."

With a satisfied smile pouring from every known (and unknown) crevace of Simpson's mouth, the sixty year old Bay state native gleefuly showed his hand and waved his Campaign manager onto the stage.

After a moment of hesitation, the 7'1, 126 pounds of skeleton and skin trotted reluctantly, yet even-footedly up the wooden stairs and emerged to the crowd that had been assembling to wait for the "special announcement".

"W-why, hello folks and fellows of Springfill-Springfield. Only a select handful of you gathered here today know who I am. So, allow me to introduce myself first. I am Wellington Napoleon French-Dulles II. Um, I am not a career politician. I am simply here as an ambassador of another man who is in this town's eternal debt and earns her eternal gratitude. Now, I know what you'll say first. No, I did not play basketball when I was a kid. I chucked darts at wooden boards for fun. It was fun!

However, I know you all didn't just pay the ten cents of admission just to hear me talk about the good old days.. No, you paid ten cents of admission to hear some-one else talk about the good old days. The Household days. Those days which are rapidly fleeing away from us. I don't think I'd do the man justice to define him, but in a few w-words, the next speaker is hard-working, corr-I mean courageous, and one of the known-names in this town. I know he needs little by way of an introduction, but I will do him the honors.

Please, put your hands, feet and butts together for United States Senator Abraham Simpson!"

The crowd clapped politely at the speech, with a few of the more riotous members hooting and hollering throughout the assault of two hands slapping against each other in rapid succession. An older looking, shorter gentlemen dressed in a grey coat with a white shirt underneath bent down to shake the hands that rose up in the crowd, now being more interested that their sitting United States Senator was about to make a few short remarks.

"Thank you, much obliged, Wellington! You're the best aide I can buy and pay regularly without getting in trouble with Johnny law! As we enter this new year, we've got new challenges ahead of us. The War in Vietnam has continued to drag on, seemingly without an end in site, despite what our commanders in chief keep telling us. As I go on frequent visits throughout Massachusetts to meet with my constituents, I take notice of little crosses that have popped up every-where in the state. When I stopped to ask a middle aged woman why she was putting up a cross on her door, she burst into tears... F-folks.. I don't normally get-"

Simpson interrupts his own speech to unveil a whiteish-greenish used handkerchief in his left pocket before dabbing away some tears with it, putting it back in his jacket pocket as his voice becomes even more gravely.

"I don't normally get very emotional. It takes a lot to get me upset, you know. And...when I had to comfort that poor, poor woman, I knew that this state has issues. Hell, the whole country has issues. I may not know a flanking maneuver from a carpet bombing campaign, but, I do know this: One hundred thousand boys not coming home is not what victory looks like. Two hundred thousand grieving moms and dads is not what victory looks like. It is the greatest mission of mine to see to it that not a single more American life is lost over-seas in Vietnam. The commanders keep telling us that "Victory is right around the corner!" Now, if reports are to be believed overseas, the Vietnamese has launched a mass offensive on an unprecedented scale at this very moment! Can we really believe those military officers and officials that sit behind desks or those that are fighting one small part of the global struggle? My answer is a deafening and resounding NO!

My attitude should not be construed as blanket defeatism. I am not waving the white flag and advocating Chamberlainite appeasement of communist bastards. I firmly believe in the glory of the Stars and Stripes and her military might. I may not believe leadership of panty-waists in Washington, but I do believe in the individual zeal of the average- uh... shooting-Infantry man! If there is one thing I have the utmost loyalty to, it is that fifty star flag that sits on-top of the Armory herself! THESE UNITED STATES! It is something I have not doubted. I know I probably shouldn't make a prediction or anything, but I will state this: 'Now that the Vietnamese are up to something big, it means that more boys in blue and grey and green will be coming home as heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice.' Every family that has a boy or a girl over there should be beaming with pride and heart-break, and we have lost so many lives already...

However, we've got firm allies in the South Vietnamese. I know you have followed the news of this war for almost a full decade now, and are kind of tired of it. It's all any-one talks about at work, at school or at the local base-ball game. It reminds me of another time when we all had to pitch in as one united front. I talk of my tenure as Mayor during the most destructive war in human history. We can ship the South Vietnamese American made goodies, we can ship our own good men who are fighting the good fight against 'heretical mass murder'. I have heard many a stories from w-veterans in this very town and all over Massachusetts proper during my Senate tenure of their heroics under fire. If Americans can come together, north south, east west, the Jacksons and not-Jacksons, then we WILL win this conflict. We will unite both countries under a red-real, honest to god, democratic, anti-communist regi-I mean... republic that tolerates other religious minorities.

This is why, I am quite pleased to tenure my candidacy for the office of President of the United States! I advocate for getting us out of Vietnam, but at an even pace. I know that the individual fighting spirit of the average American far outweighs any home-field advantage that a string-bean, rifle carrying, rice munchin' Charlie! I am not about to just roll over and let the Communists drive their tanks into Hano-I mean, into Saigon. I advocate for caution in Indochina. I do not have any plans to expand the War to other parts of the country. I will not lead this nation into the Third World War and nuclear annihilation. I don't think you can say that with other big-name nominees on both sides of the political spectrum, now can you? Hmm?!

However, my policies are not just concentrated on foreign matters, but, that is where almost every-one's attention is now -adays anyways. I also want to break up the South. I don't want to deprive their legislatures or people of voting rights, but if the South cannot enforce Black voting rights down their themselves, then Federal troops will be marched down to ensure they are able to cast a ballot for their respective candidate. That issue is not a state issue. This is now a Federal manner, thanks to the groundbreaking Civil Rights Act of 1964. Any southern man worth his salt in my eyes or the eyes of any progressive yankee ought to join hand-in hand with their darker skinned brother. This is not "Radical reconstruction", but enforcing the laws that the Southerners themselves have refused to address, either out of ignorance or outright malice. I'm leaning towards the latter, but the former does provide with a strong argument, don't it?

While serving my district in the Massachusetts legislature, I made sure that the lights were kept on, gas was filled in your auto-mobiles and food was put on your kitchen tables. This has remained my consistent philosophy and goal in political life as your Mayor, as your legislator, as your State Treasurer, as your Senator, and I will ensure that the shining example of political hard-work known as my career is not extinguished when I take the oath of office next January! Some people might say that I am part of the 'establishment'. They come from backgrounds of no political expertise or practice, with witless idiots roaming the halls of government. I hate to break it to those so-called folks, but the establishment is what is ESTABLISHED! I can't speak for all politicians, but they worked hard every-single day, and many of them still do. It's what I have done since 1937! We cannot have anarchy, nor can we have a totalitarian system of governance, lest we collapse like the Russians in 1917.

To wrap this speech up, I shall address domestic concerns. Currently, this economy has been well maintained by Democrats in Washington. Our current unemployment and inflation rates, from my sources at least, sit at 3% and around 5% respectively. This country does not need to switch horses mid-stream. It needs to continue forth with the policies of Jethro Laurderdale. That is how the America I know and love will carry on for the bright and shining tomorrow. That light of tomorrow is Liberalism, my good friends. Liberalism, Love and Legalization! Should we 'switch our team of horses' as I've oft heard from more rural members of Congress, then we would have two elephants unable to trot forth in the muds of Vietnam. They will cut social everything, ripping apart America's fragile social net that our elderly people, me included, needs to not only thrive, but simply survive. Under Hoover and Pike-Davis, America flopped and flailed for economic aide, it's huddled masses suffocating under the 'do-nothing' GOP and Republican lackies. Presidents GMT and Carry S. Hammond brought this country to it's feet! The New Deal of President Tinkerhull brought millions out of bread lines and back into the factories. No longer do we have family shame of fathers or mothers unable to provide for their starving children!

I leave you with this statement, a paraphrase of an ol'saying I read in a book about the South of all places.
Shipwreck 10,000 Democrats, then, in about a years time, they would have developed a republic along vaguely constitutional lines, with all the aspects of a modern state.

On the other hand, Shipwreck 10,000 Republicans, each of whom is a graduate of Harvard, then we will have retrograded governmentally by about fifty years, and each GOP goon will have netted...or rather, robbed himself at least two million in tax free money a piece!

I believe the choice in this election will be crystal. To vote for the Party of Depression that has led this nation to a self-destructive path, or to carry on the good work of Jethro, Hammond and the Bay-stater himself, BMC. That is the choice in 1968! We need a Democrat to carry on the work of Jethro and his friends! This nation can either go down the self-destructive path of hatred, state's rights and Greedy Oil Prostitutes, or step into the shining light of human rights, love and Democracy! This is why, my good friends.... WE NEED SIMPSON!

Thank you, God bless you, God bless Massachusetts and GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

Simpson stood back and embraced the warm reception the crowd had to his speech. Many a supporter was wildly enthusiastic to his message. He's brought Democratic partisans in his home-town firmly to their feet, rallying around Simpson. He took a keen eye at the journalists madly scribbling down what he had said. He knew that, unfortunately, there would be misconstrued falsehoods strewn about in the Press within the following weeks. That simply meant he had to be out there even more, defending the "Shining lights of liberalism" himself agaisnt the "dark forces of slavery, state's rights and segregationism", as he privately derided such methods and actions.

Simpson had not lost the war, but Jackson had fired the very first shot. It only seemed appropriate to rally forth and call for 75,000 Union volunteers himself. Fort Democracy had come under-siege and was in the hands of segregationists and neer-good-dooers. In the hands of far-right lunatics that dress up as ghosts and racists, terrorizing poor black and african-american folks in the South. In the hands of war-hungry demagogues who only sought to solidify political control over the nation, turning the U S of A into a Military clique of generals. He wasn't sure yet, how to storm the fort and liberate Lady Liberty from her chains, but he was going to do it come hell or high water! In order to win this, Simpson needed to play his cards just right... That was what the man intended to do, and there wasn't a damn thing the GOP could do to stop such bull-headedness.

At least, that was it appeared to be, anyways.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm

August 23rd, 1950
Jonathan Jackson's Headquarters, Tokyo, Japan

Jonathan Jackson understood very well that Operation CHROMITE depended on his ability to convince the military leadership of the soundness of his bold plan: an audacious landing at Inchon, deep behind North Korean lines, that would turn the tide of the war. Jackson's plan faced resistance from many of his superiors, who believed it to be reckless and risky. United States Navy Commander Arlie G. Capps noted that the harbor had "every natural and geographic handicap". The current of the channels was dangerously quick—three to eight knots (3.5 to 9.2 mph; 5.5 to 14.8 km/hr)—and tides were so extreme as to prevent immediate follow-on landings. The anchorage was small and the harbor was surrounded by tall seawalls.

The Chief of Staff of the United States Army General Joseph Lawton Collins, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Forrest Sherman, and United States Air Force (USAF) operations deputy Lieutenant General Idwal H. Edward had flown from Washington, D.C., to Japan to hear out Jackson. They were soon joined by other top brass, including Commander in Chief, Pacific, Admiral Arthur Radford and Marine General Lemuel Shepherd. They met that afternoon in a small conference room.

The mood was pessimistic. Admiral Doyle spoke first, pointing out the immense difficulties of sailing ships up the main channel leading into Inchon, which might be mined or covered by heavy batteries. General Collins spoke next. He pointed out that the Inchon plan meant stripping the Pusan perimeter of the First Marine Brigade, which would leave General Walker’s men unnecessarily exposed to a sudden North Korean attack. "This will result in a disaster," the General explained.

"It seems I have more confidence in the Navy than the Navy itself," Jackson quipped. Everyone went silent. Jonathan got up from his desk. The fate of the operation and of the entire war in Korea depended on his ability to convince the Joint Chiefs. He would have to use all his rhetorical skills to pull this off. "The bulk of the Reds are committed around Walker's defensive perimeter. I am convinced that the enemy has failed to prepare Inchon properly for defense, for the very exact reasons you mentioned. They believe that no one will be crazy enough to try to pull off such an audacious attack, and that's exactly why this attack will succeed! The North Koreans regard an Inchon landing as impossible, and we will take them by surprise as General James Wolfe did at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham."

"Surprise and deception are the keys to military victory. I pulled off successful amphibious landings during my drive to Messina. Hell, I commanded our men during the Normandy landings, the largest seaborne invasion in history. Trust me when I say I can pull this off, gentlemen, because I've proven my worth in the past more than a dozen times. The Navy’s objections as to tides, hydrography, terrain, and physical handicaps are indeed substantial and pertinent, but I am confident that our Navy can do what needs to be done. We have succeeded before against even worse odds, and we are going to succeed now as well! With a decisive landing at Inchon, we can put an end to this bloody conflict. The only alternative to a stroke such as I propose will be the continuation of the savage sacrifice we are making at Pusan, with no hope of relief in sight. Are you content to let our troops stay in that bloody perimeter like beef cattle in the slaughterhouse? Who will take responsibility for such a tragedy?"

Jackson's eyes were glistening and his pacing was becoming more animated. Every eye in the room was riveted on him.

"I certainly will not. The prestige of the Western world hangs in the balance. It is plainly apparent that here in Asia is where the Communist conspirators have elected to make their play for global conquest. And here in Asia we will crush their dreams of world domination. At Inchon, we will succeed. We will save 100,000 lives and take back Seoul. I realize that Inchon is a 5000-to-one gamble, but I am used to taking such odds. We shall land at Inchon and we shall crush them."

"Bold actions win wars! Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar, Frederick, Napoleon; none of them won battle after battle by being cautious and hesitant; they won by being bold, audacious, daring, innovative! They won by grabbing a chance when they saw one. They won by betting against all odds. That's how I plan to win the war!"

Admiral Forest Sherman stood up. “Thank you," he said. "A great voice in a great cause.”

Jackson smiled. Sherman was one of those who had opposed Operation CHROMITE. Now he had managed to win him over. Jackson had won the rhetorical battle. Now he would have to win the actual battle.

February 3rd, 1968
Inchon, South Korea

Jackson was once again back in Inchon, South Korea. This time not as a commanding officer, but as a candidate for the presidency. It brought back memories. Good memories. Despite the fears of his superiors, the landing at Inchon proved to be a great success. In fact, many scholars considered it one of the most decisive battles in modern history. The North Koreans were outflanked, Seoul was liberated and Reds had to retreat North in disarray. The inhabitants of Inchon had never forgotten the fact that they owed their freedom of Jackson. The city of Inchon erected a statue of Jackson in 1957, which was considered a symbol of patriotism even to this day.

Jackson visited the status of himself and smiled for the camera crew. "It is here where we stopped the Reds from conquering South Korea and we prevented the dominoes from falling. Back then, some considered the situation impossible and advocated a retreat. They said we should abandon the South and make a retreat for Japan. The very same appeasers who now advocate abandoning South Vietnam to the Reds. Thankfully, back then the General Staff and the President trusted me enough to allow me to push out the Reds. And push them out I did. At Inchon, with the danger of sounding immodest, I pulled off one of the great military reversals in history. Before Inchon our forces were getting slaughtered at the Pusan perimeter and all hope seemed lost. After Inchon, Seoul was liberated, the Reds found themselves outflanked and the South was saved."

"Just like we proved wrong the naysayers and the appeasers back then, so can we prove them wrong now. As President I'll bring the same determination, clarity of vision and command of tactics to defeat the Reds. I know many of you are frustrated at the lack of progress and the seeming endlessness of this conflict. But that is a result of bad command, not of a wrong cause. Anyone who doubts the justness of our cause can talk with the people here at Inchon and ask them how they feel about our defense of their homeland from the Reds."

The camera crew proceeds to interview a number of South Koreans - using an American-Korean translator when needed. All of them state how they are thankful that the Americans defended their liberties and saved the Republic of Korea from falling at the hands of communism. The camera crew also showed footage showcasing the economic development taking place in South Korea.

"This can be South Vietnam if we win: a safe, prosperous, developing and - most importantly of all - free and democratic nation. An ally of the United States in a volatile region. A friend. We have a duty to defend freedom from the forces of despotism and communist totalitarianism. For if we fail to do so, if the forces of tyranny march unopposed across the world enslaving the peoples of Asia, Europe and Africa, it won't be long before they come knocking down our door. And then we will be alone, weak and isolated. We cannot allow this to happen. We cannot allow freedom and democracy to be extinguished!"

"But if we are to prevail in Vietnam, we also need unity at home. Let me tell you a short story I've learned in Japan about the medieval Mongol warlords Genghis Khan. When Genghis Khan was young, he was arguing constantly with his brothers, so his mother called the Khan and his four brothers to her tent. She gave them an arrow each and told them to break it. The brothers broke it with ease. She then gave a bundle of five arrows to each brother, and asked them to break them. Much as they tried, they did not manage to break the arrows. So the mother told them, 'if you are on your own, you will be easily broken like the single arrow. If you are like united like the bundle of arrows, nothing will be able to break you'."

"America needs to be like that bundle of arrows, which could not be broken. In order to restore unity, we need put an end to the disorder, rioting and the free reign extremists currently enjoy; an anarchy which allows them to divide Americans. The silent majority does not side with the Vietcong, does not riot and burn, does not demand the destruction of the nuclear family, does not do drugs, does not burn our flag or curse at our troops. The silent majority are law-abiding, tax-paying, patriotic, good and moral folk who want normality, social peace, law and order, an America that is respected abroad, a growing economy that works for people like them - and not only for the bureaucrats at DC. As President I will impose law and order and shall restore social peace."

"As President I'll see that our economy works for the common folk. Inflation is killing the value of the dollar and the gold standard itself is at risk. The unemployment rate won't stay low for long if we continue to pass new regulations on housing, mining, and industrial concerns. Unsound fiscal and monetary policies are also threatening the basis of our economy. I myself stand for common-sense regulations and believe that social programs that help the poorest in our society are necessary; but that we also do not need needless red tape that drives up the cost of doing business, makes products more expensive for the average consumer and kills jobs; nor do we need fancy programs cooked up by bureaucrats in DC which help no one but themselves and which are funded by the tax dollars of the hard-working Americans who toil and sweat every day at work."

"We need a common-sense management of the economy. As President I'll ensure that necessary social programs are managed competently and help people, while cutting unnecessary expenses and putting a stop to new, unnecessary programs that will simply add up to our national deficit. I will also maintain regulations that protect consumers and workers, while gutting ones that simply add up red tape. I believe in a smart government, one that is not unwilling to help the indigent - that is our moral duty as good Christians after all - but also one that is not bloated, wasteful and drains the wealth of the American."

"With your support we can defeat the Reds in Vietnam and bring our boys back home, we can restore law and order and social peace, we can make the economy work for the little guy again and we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 pm

Undisclosed Location, Louisiana
February 2, 1968
9:41 PM

Chanting can be heard as rows and rows of Klansmen march toward a barn. At the front of the line are unmasked children, mostly boys, all smiling. Ages range from around ten to sixteen. They march forward with a purpose into the barn.

"Klansmen HALT!" says an obviously older gentleman at the front of the group on a horse, "Before thou penetrate the great barn of Klankraft, I must find the Grand Cyclops and a Nighthawk. Does Mr. Ayagc still work at the grocery store? Where might I find Mr. Ayanh as well."

"Mrs. Anhia is here, but Mr. Ayanh is away." replies a man from the group as he steps forward,

"The jokester Agcia is present as always," says a vaguely familiar voice,

"Then please, SHOW YOURSELVES!" the old man yells from atop the horse. As he says this, one man removes his hood,

"I am Nighthawk" he says with a bow,

"I am the Grand Cyclops," says the other man who removes his hood. He is revealed to be Representative Hubert Broussard, "Bow your heads as we enter as a sign of holy respect to those we've lost."

"ENTER!" says the old man on top of the horse as everyone shuffles into the barn.

As everyone enters and takes their seats. The front row takes off their hoods and step up to the large table at the front of the room.

"Everybody, y'all can take off your hoods. Kigy ho! We all know each other anyway, no point in being strangers." Hubert says as he sits down, "There are a few things I'd like to discuss with you folks. First, membership is at an all-time low. I remember back in '59 after the New Orleans incident we had a great many supporters join us, but frankly, this 75-member den isn't working anymore. In response to that, I've taken up an initiative with my various Klansmen organizers of other states, particularly the small groups in the North and the bigger groups out East like in Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, and the Carolinas. I have created a group called the Ku Klux Kiddies. Similar to the Boy Scouts but for Klansmen and their children. Help get your kids involved in our religious order. We are the vigilantes of the country, we are the judge, jury, and executioner."

"Without us, there would be no justice for anybody. We have got to repaint ourselves as good southerners, good patriotic southerners. There has been far too much violence within the past few years and it has got to stop. We don't have as much power as we used to, and y'all need to understand that the Klan can't save you from legal woes. We have an up-and-coming star in our midst, I know it. Congressionally, I am trying my best to stop race-mixing, but I can't do a damn thing while y'all are out here with big flashing signs saying "I Kill Coloreds" it's foolish and it must end today. We can't espouse radical or extreme views, especially ones that outwardly promote violence if we intend upon getting more membership and political power. So far, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee have Klansmen in state government at some level."

"There was a retreat held, in which Klansmen and their Ku Klux Kiddies traveled overseas to England, France, Spain, and even Africa. The group to England got one hundred and thirty-two new recruits. We have established a LOTIE in Spain, and we got zero ground in France. They will arrive back here on the Mystic Emerald at Alarming. Seek out your Kalendars to decodify that if you wish. The Ku Klux Kiddies have received about seven hundred and eight members nationally after being initialized three months ago. Our trip to Africa was a success, we learned about culture, and made some fascinating discoveries. They don't have much technology down there, do y'all know what that means?"

Hubert stands as he walks around the room, smiling and waving at those standing in the back,

"That means that the American Negro is out of his element! He is not meant to have the technological advances and advantages of the white man. He is not meant to be driving cars, he is not meant to be using telephones. He is meant to be on foot, half-naked, and jumping from branch to branch in the woods." He said as the room laughed,

"I wish no harm to come to the negro, I wish no hate against them. I want them to be happy. They are not happy here, and by God as my witness, I know that! The colored man is not in his comfort zone here. Not at all. Folks, back in '59 I proposed a plan to relocate Africans back to their homelands. That bill was shot down. That simply proves that the Republican government ain't got a damn thing for anybody. They don't want us to be happy, separate from the colored man, and they don't even want the colored man separate from we white men. They want to damage us, and force us down into the pits and depths of hellfire and despair."

"Some of you may be saying, 'Bertie, the Republicans are starting to appeal to us.' To that, I say damned you! The Republicans invaded Little Rock, and the Republicans are the ones that criticized and volatized us. Republicans like Warren let miscegenation roam free. They have fought us as every step of the way to keep Americans pure. I was born a Democrat, and by god I will die a Democrat. If you can't say the same for yourself then you have the right to walk the hell out of this majestic barn this instant. Leave your robes and membership cards. Hell, I'll even refund you for your Klecktoken!" he said this with fury, and smiled as nobody stood to leave.

"That's what I thought. The Klan will help Democrats at every step of the way. This year, the Klan will endorse a Republican candidate. A candidate who hates us, a candidate who wants to rid the world of us. No candidate will win up north with the Klan's support. We will find a good southern democrat with our interests at heart, and rather than support him we will criticize him. We'll get him elected. He'll stay on our side. We can't stop the mongoloids from voting, but we can make them vote our way. They will vote for the candidate we hate or seem to hate, and we'll be victorious. Now, we have political rivals, yes we do. Mr. Abraham Simpson of Massachusetts for instance seeks to march down here himself and force stuff on us. That won't do will it friends? Oh, no no no it won't. We have got a surprise for Mr. Simpson, at this very moment, he is being shipped a nice little present. A little baby alligator will arrive on his doorstep with a dead bunny rabbit and a photo of Mr. Simpson to boot. We will rise again, we will grow powerful again, and don't worry. We will clean up this travesty of a nation soon enough."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:58 pm

A Box Arrives at the Campaign HQ of Abraham Simpson Contents: Dead Rabbit, Live Alligator, Photo of Simpson with Rabbit Blood

TO: Abraham Simpson

Dearest Honest Abe,

We hope this little gator brings you luck. And oh, take the dead rabbit as a message. We are just a hop away.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Office of United States Senator Abraham S. Simpson of Massachusetts
Washington D.C
February 3, 1968

The shadow of a lightly snow-covered figure crept into the room. Dusting the powder of god's dandruff off of his shoulders with a flick of either hand, he removed the faded and tattered Jacket he had once adorned himself in, revealing a tan, almost burnt brown overcoat complete with a fudge striped tie. The man picked up a whole slew of letters that sat absently and idly over by a bookshelf in his office as he looked around the room.

Simpson's senate office was rather plain looking, much like his own personal Apartment complex in Springfield. On the floor sat a small rug, of which two small elementary school chairs were scooted together. Simpson, while not a spiteful and mean person by any stretch of the imagination, was...childish, to put it one way. He had some GOP operatives in his office just he week before last, right before the Senate was out because of Winter break. His opposition had to sit in those chairs, being oversized and comically small for any a man over five feet himself. Simpson, for his part, got the best seat, a faded leather wheel lock chair.

On the walls were a few family pictures of Simpson's ancestors, along with a mint condition 1896 William Jennings Bryan toy donkey for his failed presidential campaign. He was well aware of the man's stringent isolationist stand-point, which wasn't something he nessicarily saw eye-to-eye on the man whose next most notable thing the layman average joe might've known (apart from running multiple times as a Democrat/Populist) from a book being his presence at the Scopes Monkey Trail in the 1920s.

"Well-Well-Wells! Get your behind in here front and center!" The figure boomed with some authority emanating from his voice. Soon, the tall, thin frame of Wellington ducked down from the door frame and into his Senate Office, having a seat at the comically small elementary school chair, which only looked even sillier on the 7 foot man.

Simpson eyed up his Campaign Manager, regarding him for a moment before he loomed over several documents on his desk.

"Listen to this shit... 'Dear Mister Simp-SUN. I write to you in order to settle a dispute between my relatives in Boston. One is an Irish bloke and the other is an American patriot. Can you come down here at my address and help me with my poor, old family issues?' For hell's sakes, I'm a sitting U.S Senator, not someone whom you can bitch off with advice. Wells!" Simpson snapped, clearly looking agitated as Wellington loomed over him and was handed this letter.

"I want you to put this in the 'bin of wonder'."

The constituent letter dutifully found it's way into the trash-bin to be sorted out right before the Janitor made his rounds for the night. Then Simpson turned his eyes onto a...box that some jack-ass to be threw in his office.

"That's funny... I don't remember ordering anything." With a curious gleam now found in the old man's eyes, Simpson pulled out a sharp looking pencil and slashed the box open, revealing it's contents.

"Oh... would you look at that, it's got a dead Rabbit, a live alligator and a picture of me."

His sleep-deprived locomotive soon caught up at 'What the fuck/adrenaline station' as he screamed at the top of his lungs.

"A DEAD RABBIT, A LIVE ALIGATOR AND A PICTURE OF ME- oh I do look really sexy in that photo, when was that taken, the summer of '42, '41? Christ.. I look so fat in that... where was I? Right. GOD-DAMN IT!"

Senator Simpson threw the box on the ground, tossing the Alligator on the floor, who now began to crawl around Simpson's office, much to his panic. He fumbled in the drawers for a proper defensive weapon, tossing the feared...fucking pieces of paper at the gator.

This had no effect.

Simpson then pulled out a soft, squishy eraser, sure that it would lull the beast's senses and enable him to make a quick get-away.

This had no effect.

Running out of options in his drawers, Simpson then lungs for the phone on his Senate Desk, dialing the first number he could think of.

"Hello, this is Kentucky Fried Chicken."

"Yes, I'd like to get an order of fried chicken, do you have any mustard? You do... great... Uh, It's Simpson. Yes, the Senator Simpson. What have I been up to, ooh, just trying to deal with an Alligator in my office. Yes, I'm alright, thanks for checking up on me, and not for pressing charges. Buh-bye now."

Simpson then dials the second number he could think of, arguably the number he should have called in the first place.

"Washington D.C. Animal Control this is Garrett speaking, how can I help you today?"

"Garrett. I've got an Alligator crawling around in my office. Can you send someone to pick it up and cook it?"

"We can send someone to deal with it, yes. What's your name and address?"

"I'm U.S Senator Abraham S. Simpson and I'm currently in my Senate office."

A small moment of silence is heard, in this lull, Simpson can hear the breathing of the foul beast, almost as if it gets closer and closer to him...

"Ok Senator Simpson, we'll send some-one to your Senate Office. Have a Nice day."

"N-Nice day?! How in the hell can you say that?! I'VE GOT A FUCKING ALIGATOR ROAMING AROUND IN MY SENATE OFFICE!" With a stern howl from Simpson at the last verb in that sentence expelled, he thrusts the receiver back onto the phone. Simpson's line hung up.

The Alligator didn't really do much, to be honest, I just crawled around on his Senate Office, looking for food. Eventually, Animal control did show up and nabbed the Alligator. Senator Simpson, at the end of this experience, looked rather frightened at the whole incident. He shakily held up the rest of the Box's contents, looking at the Dead Rabbit and the Photograph of him. He knew where they had gotten such a photograph. It was a copy of Simpson's Senate picture, the very first one he took on his day to Washington. The Bay stater wasn't sure if it was a coping mechanism, but Simpson looked closely at the picture of him, actually breaking a smile.

Then, he began to laugh, collapsing down and pushing his body against the bookshelf in his office.

Simpson laughed and laughed, almost half manically. Those that had gathered to hear the news about an alligator in the Senate Building could only hear the billowing, thick bay-accent of Abraham S. Simpson as he continued to chortle, chuckle and caff for a solid half an hour.

Finally helping himself to his feet, he took a closer look at the details of the letter they had scribbled on the top of the box.

Dearest Honest Abe,

We hope this little gator brings you luck. And oh, take the dead rabbit as a message. We are just a hop away.

With a slight smile from at least one of his ears, The Bay stater hoisted up the picture of him covered in Rabbit's blood and snugly placed it in a picture frame that had once contained a photograph of his wife.

"This...this is just too damn funny. I don't know who the hell sent me this.. but they ought to send more!"
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:02 pm

Glen Anderson
Anderson Home, Salem, Oregon
January 8th, 1968

Good Morning,

I would like to thank my friends and family for joining me on this occasion, my wife Melanie, our four children and their spouses, the assembled Press and colleagues, some of whom have been with me since I was District Attorney. Thank you all for coming.

My name is Glen Anderson, I am a veteran of the Second World War, I was a District Attorney, a Congressman, and most recently the Governor of Oregon… I am a husband, father, and a Grateful American…. And today I am making official my decision to fight for, and win the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

This is a decision I come to with great earnestness and great humility…. Truly I am concerned about America, and it is a concern shared by millions across this country. A concern over the growing size and complexity of our national problems, which had caused too many to feel fighting such daunting odds is futile.

The crime rate mounts and over half the major crimes are committed by teenagers who lack hope or a path forward. To avoid a society that seems to offer no cause worth serving, too many turn to drugs or alcoholism or other means of “escape.” We see men and women of our great nation living in poverty and slums, victims of the failed programs of the “Great Society”.

Even those who escape such dire straits are often resigned to an apathetic life, unfulfilled and unsatisfied. Our mighty economy, that of the richest nation in the world, is being bogged down by inflation, waste, and mismanagement. How can a nation that has reached such heights find itself in such a mess?

Our foreign policy is feckless and lacks purpose, NATO lacks leadership, the UN has become a disorganized and chaotic mess, subversive elements are infiltrating our own backyard. And perhaps most strikingly we have seen time and time again, an administration letting false optimism and lack of candor confuse our citizens, and sap our resolve. Day after day we see the sacrifices of our young men in Vietnam wasted, with no end in sight, no direction, and no path to victory.

But the American people are resilient… We can reverse this trend. We can stand up to the forces of darkness, and despair. We have the energy, the drive, the know how and the fundamental principles that will allow us to triumph.

Our nation’s founding principles have inspired and empowered more people to do more good than any other nation in history. We have a sacred destiny, to be fulfilled through the trust and empowerment of the individual, guided by the spirit of God.

This is the core of our strength, the freedom of our people… Our individualism, and the voluntary cooperation of reasonable, responsible, and level headed Americans. These fundamental principles of mutual self respect and brotherhood, from the slums and ghettos to the highest halls of power are what will ultimately enable our people to truly enjoy the full and equal citizenship of our nation.

We must restore and reinvigorate these principles that have made our nation great. We must restore the respect for the law and its enforcement on our streets, we must restore competition in markets, we must enable workers to enjoy better and safer employment for a higher wage, we must restore fiscal sanity and control over the perceptual deficits imposed by the Democrats.

We can and MUST acknowledge and address the failures of federal bureaucracy, Our national government identifying national issues, establishing priorities, then supporting state, local, and private efforts to solve them.

To apply these principles, to achieve these goals, to build a new America, we must have a Republican President.

The Republican Party has the faith in the individual, and voluntary cooperation, private competitive enterprise, free collective bargaining, and state and local government needed to apply these principles at home. A Republican President can work for a just peace in Vietnam with being mired in the mistakes of the current administration. A Republican President can restore truth to government and regain the confidence of the people.

I believe it is time for new ideas and new leadership, grounded in the principles that have made our country great. To this task I pledge my whole spirit, all my energy and ability, and I pray that you join me.

Thank you All, God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America

With that I will take some questions from the press…

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:24 pm

Dentali wrote:Glen Anderson
January 8th, 1968

Good Morning,

I would like to thank my friends and family for joining me on this occasion, my wife Melanie, our four children and their spouses, the assembled Press and colleagues, some of whom have been with me since I was District Attorney. Thank you all for coming.

My name is Glen Anderson, I am a veteran of the Second World War, I was a District Attorney, a Congressman, and most recently the Governor of Oregon… I am a husband, father, and a Grateful American…. And today I am making official my decision to fight for, and win the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

This is a decision I come to with great earnestness and great humility…. Truly I am concerned about America, and it is a concern shared by millions across this country. A concern over the growing size and complexity of our national problems, which had caused too many to feel fighting such daunting odds is futile.

The crime rate mounts and over half the major crimes are committed by teenagers who lack hope or a path forward. To avoid a society that seems to offer no cause worth serving, too many turn to drugs or alcoholism or other means of “escape.” We see men and women of our great nation living in poverty and slums, victims of the failed programs of the “Great Society”.

Even those who escape such dire straits are often resigned to an apathetic life, unfulfilled and unsatisfied. Our mighty economy, that of the richest nation in the world, is being bogged down by inflation, waste, and mismanagement. How can a nation that has reached such heights find itself in such a mess?

Our foreign policy is feckless and lacks purpose, NATO lacks leadership, the UN has become a disorganized and chaotic mess, subversive elements are infiltrating our own backyard. And perhaps most strikingly we have seen time and time again, an administration letting false optimism and lack of candor confuse our citizens, and sap our resolve. Day after day we see the sacrifices of our young men in Vietnam wasted, with no end in sight, no direction, and no path to victory.

But the American people are resilient… We can reverse this trend. We can stand up to the forces of darkness, and despair. We have the energy, the drive, the know how and the fundamental principles that will allow us to triumph.

Our nation’s founding principles have inspired and empowered more people to do more good than any other nation in history. We have a sacred destiny, to be fulfilled through the trust and empowerment of the individual, guided by the spirit of God.

This is the core of our strength, the freedom of our people… Our individualism, and the voluntary cooperation of reasonable, responsible, and level headed Americans. These fundamental principles of mutual self respect and brotherhood, from the slums and ghettos to the highest halls of power are what will ultimately enable our people to truly enjoy the full and equal citizenship of our nation.

We must restore and reinvigorate these principles that have made our nation great. We must restore the respect for the law and its enforcement on our streets, we must restore competition in markets, we must enable workers to enjoy better and safer employment for a higher wage, we must restore fiscal sanity and control over the perceptual deficits imposed by the Democrats.

We can and MUST acknowledge and address the failures of federal bureaucracy, Our national government identifying national issues, establishing priorities, then supporting state, local, and private efforts to solve them.

To apply these principles, to achieve these goals, to build a new America, we must have a Republican President.

The Republican Party has the faith in the individual, and voluntary cooperation, private competitive enterprise, free collective bargaining, and state and local government needed to apply these principles at home. A Republican President can work for a just peace in Vietnam with being mired in the mistakes of the current administration. A Republican President can restore truth to government and regain the confidence of the people.

I believe it is time for new ideas and new leadership, grounded in the principles that have made our country great. To this task I pledge my whole spirit, all my energy and ability, and I pray that you join me.

Thank you All, God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America

"Sir, you speak a lot about change and principles and the Republican Party, but you speak of no particular policies that you or your party plan on supporting in the upcoming election. What are some of the ways to restore 'fiscal sanity' and other policies that you support in regards to the speech?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Dentali wrote:Glen Anderson
January 8th, 1968

Thank you All, God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America[/box]

"Sir, you speak a lot about change and principles and the Republican Party, but you speak of no particular policies that you or your party plan on supporting in the upcoming election. What are some of the ways to restore 'fiscal sanity' and other policies that you support in regards to the speech?"

"Well" Glen chuckles "I wanted the announcement to focus on my core beliefs and pillars, I will be releasing detailed policies through white papers, speeches and other means in the coming days. It would take quite a while to go over every policy i support all at once, i'm sure you all have deadlines to meet" *Chuckles*

"So i'll focus on the fiscal sanity... In my first year as governor I cut costs and decreased governmental waste and inefficiencies. I implemented practices such as bringing in private industry experts, who worked at low state salaries for six months, to apply regular business practices to the state government, I saved the state the cost of hiring seasonal workers by staggering the renewal dates of licenses. Then saved millions in state telephone bills by taking advantage of a free program to improve phone efficiencies."

"By the end of my first term practices like this saw the state highway department doing thirty percent more miles of paving with eleven percent fewer employees, just as one example. The programs of the Not-Johnson administration of have admirable goals, heck the Head Start Program I think is overall a great idea. My main objection of most Great Society programs was that these local problems could be solved best at the local level with federal support, not micromanaging... that governmental bureaucracy wasted too much money we need more partnership with the private sector, state, local governments, NGOs... So many of these programs are just failures or work incredibly inefficiently."

"In 66 I saw this opinion shared throughout the country, and expressed in the voting booth. They voted in 66 against going deeper and deeper into debt as a nation…They voted against the idea that as a nation we can afford anything and everything simply because we think of it. The voting men and women of this country voted against taxing themselves to provide medical care and a standard of living for others that often is more than they are able to afford for their own families.”

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 pm

Official Press Release from Senator Armstrong's Office.

I have formed an exploratory committee regarding seeking the Republican nomination for President of the United States.
-S.B. Armstrong

Senator Armstrong's Office
Washington, D.C.

"I'm telling you, Bob, we're able to do this," Burke repeated. "Our internal polling is always a few points low--"
"And it's done that way to make sure we don't overestimate support for you," his Chief of Staff answered. "But even when you adjust it, it still doesn't look good. Democrats like you. Independents like you. The modern GOP? Not so much. You can't win at the convention. I mean, unless someone sings Love Me, I'm a Liberal, in which case you might have a chance."
"Enough with the jokes... Look, I want to do this. The people agree with me on a lot of things, like Vietnam, unions, economics... Hey, on social issues, I'm a downright populist, protecting the rights of the people rather than supporting government influence. Tough on crime, pro-NATO, the whole package."
"A package that (Rockefeller) hasn't gotten to win the nomination. A package where no Republican since (Dewey) has been a real Liberal."
Burke shook his head. "These primaries are going to be good for me. California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Jersey, Illinois, D.C., and Wisconsin. I can win those states. And I can keep the momentum going moving forward. I can build a national consensus, I can take back Pennsylvania Avenue-- but you need to tell me I can."
"Well, arguably, you can. But it's doubtful. And hard."
"I like hard things."
"Yes, that's unfortunately true."
"I nearly lost my first election to the Senate in '54, and I did lose the governor's election in '53."
"I remember, Burke; I was there."
"But," Burke continued, "we can make the impossible and the difficult happen again. We just have to put in the work, learn from our mistakes, and I can be a Presidential nominee in '68."
"Yes, but we need more than that. We need conservatives to like you."
"No-- we just need state delegations to like me and have a strong conservative for my number two. We can talk about who that can be later, but please-- help me plan this."
"I'm insane for going along with this."
"Perhaps, but you're paid outrageously well in return."

Senator Burke’s Apartment
Washington, D.C.

Later, Burke was alone, scribbling away at various scraps of notes and bits of legislative agendas. He was keenly studying a new Civil Rights Act that he had hoped to have passed into law no later than March to help kickstart his campaign in the summer. Next to it was a gun control act that he planned to pass shortly after the campaign started for an additional booster. Both were barely more than uncompleted drafts, things that only his eyes had seen– things that he hoped would make every conservative in Congress cringe. There were other things he thought would make them cringe, too– things that were much less likely to pass, such as his Congressional Expansion Act, which would increase the size of the House from 435 to 500 starting in 1970 and increase its size proportionately every census after that. The Reapportionment Act of 1929 would be dead forevermore. Hopefully.
I don’t like easy things, he sighed to himself before reaching for his Tofranil and Hydroxyzine followed by his water. He wasn’t a fan of the pills, but hey– it elevated his mood and kept the worst of the depression away. It was great that he’d found a doctor to treat him instead of locking him away in an asylum, as so many people had been; but it was even better that the public didn’t know… and never would if he could help it. The pills "kept the craziest thoughts away," as his mother often said. His wife was just happy that they kept him alive; there were too many reports they had found where depressed people had committed suicide. But that wouldn't be him. That would never be him. No, he would win.

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:01 am

Congressman Truman's Office
Washington, D.C.

"I cried when they shot Medgar Evers;
Tears ran down my spine.
I cried when they shot Mr. Kennedy
As though I'd lost a father of mine!
But Malcolm X got what was coming--
He got what he asked for this time!
So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal!"

So Congressman Ronald "Ronnie" Truman sang as he worked. His record player played the same song by Phil Ochs. It was one of his favorite songs, right behind John Brown's Body by Pete Seeger and There is Power in a Union by Utah Phillips. A supporter of labor, Truman was arguably the most radical member of Congress, standing further to the left than almost anyone else. He constantly sought to repeal Taft-Hartley while fighting for "desegregation now, desegregation tomorrow, and desegregation forever!"
He loved the song despite others calling him a liberal as well. Truman hated the term, saying that liberals were 10 points to the left of center in the good times, 10 points to the right of center if it concerns them personally, and a hardcore Dixiecrat if someone says a black man is moving in next door." This had caused him some problems (especially after he endorsed BMC in 1960 and JTL in 1964), but he stuck by the sentiment entirely. After all, they hadn't gone as far as he had to bring things about.
There were things that were still on Truman's to-do list-- universal healthcare, TVA expansion, tax cuts for the working class, tax increases for the rich, ending segregation, completing the work of Reconstruction-- lots of big things. Small things were not palatable to the 5'6" man, which was relatively ironic. No, it was his job to do big things, grand things, impossible things. Unfortunately, it meant that a presidential run was not on the books for him. Legislation was his safe space, and it was where he would remain for as long as he could hold on. Truman had kept his seat in the 1960s, despite that thrice-accursed General Jackson serving as governor, but it was no matter. Truman had held out, and soon, there would be more people like him.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Glen Anderson
February 1st - February 18th, 1968

Following the announcement of Glen’s Presidential campaign on the 8th of January he had spent most of the month putting his campaign structure to work and meeting with Oregon delegates personally to ensure that none would falter when it came to the convention period. News of the Pueblo incident and the TET Offensive compounded the urgency of his campaign, and his resolve the Not-LBJ administration was mishandling the war. After meeting with Not-Mark Hatfield, and Not-Tom McCall one last time to secure the Oregon Delegation Anderson hit the road.

CALIFORNIA

The real work began in February as he crossed the border into California, starting with a visit to the Moderate Republican Senator Not-Thomas Kuchel. Not only was he ideologically aligned to Anderson on civil Rights he was the Republican Whip in the Senate and a long time California politics stalwart. Anderson met privately with the Senator at his home, and spoke regarding the concerns of the party’s shift toward conservatives, with Glen putting forth that he was one of the few that could bridge the gap between conservative and liberal in the Republican Party while protecting and advancing civil rights.

Glen spent most of his time in private meetings with multiple Congressman, many of whom he helped be elected in ‘66 and ‘67, such as Not-Pete McCloskey. Anderson’s experience campaigning with and for these Congressmen gave him insight into their individual requirements of a candidate, and helped him get his foot in the door. For example with Not-McCloskey, Anderson focused on his approach towards the Vietnam War of “Peace with Honor” and “Vietnamization”, transitioning the United States to a supporting role while engaging in negotiations with the North Vietnamese. Other Congressman such as Not-Alphonzo E Bell Jr, Anderson engaged in more personal politics, riding horses together while discussing issues. Not-Bell was among the many California Congressmen similar to Glen, Conservative on Foreign Policy and Fiscal issues but moderate to liberal on Domestic issues and focused on education, often citing Eisenhower’s philosophy of “conservative in all things fiscal, liberal regarding problems where government help is needed.”

More Conservative members of the Party such as the newly elected Governor Not-Ronald Regan required a bit of a different tact. He engaged in personal politics, seaking with them over horseback riding or in their homes, being warm and approachable but focused his pitch on his position on how the Vietnam War Should be fought and the need for law and order. Often Not-RFK was a punching bag for him, citing how he had said there was no point in asking Black Americans to follow the law, and referencing the Watts riots specifically the efforts of private enterprise partnering with Not-Regan to rebuild and revitalize the area in the aftermath. The Not-LBJ Administration was permitting a “policy of lawlessness,” and proposed “greater respect for the law.” When permitted these meetings were public, and Anderson made sure to do multiple photo ops with regular citizens every day, engaging small local newspapers and magazines at such events.

On February 6th Anderson took an extensive and well publicized tour of the Lawrence-Livermore National Laboratories, focusing on the latest in Missile Defense Technology. In a press Conference afterwards he cited Not-Thurmond’s new book “The Faith We Have Not Kept” and Glen’s agreement with him on ABM systems. He strongly favored the development of Anti-Ballistic Missile Defense and believed its development was vital.

OKLAHOMA

Taking a small chartered plane across the country from California to Oklahoma. Oklahoma would be a test of Anderson’s strength in the South, being a more moderate member of the GOP. He began his two day visit meeting with Republicans in Tulsa, Oklahoma, local state representatives and officials as well as ordinary citizens. The goal was mainly to get some facetime in the state and introduce himself, and to those who knew him by reputation to come away from meetings saying ‘he isn’t half as liberal as i thought he was’. During these meetings he would Cite Thurmond’s position on ABM and discuss the failures of the Not-LBJ Administration in Vietnam and inability to handle the Pueblo Crisis. He held a press conference afterwards, mainly answering questions on Vietnam specifically mentioning the late June Decision by Not-LBJ to send 95,000 troops to Vietnam. Anderson felt instead of the slow trickle that Johnson implemented that they should have “swamped the enemy with overwhelming force.” and that “Gradual escalation will not work.”

Despite two days spent shaking hands and meeting people in Oklahoma he was there mainly to meet with Governor Not-Dewey Bartlett. Only the second Republican Governor of the state and first Roman Catholic he was part of the growing presence of the GOP in the South. Glen had campaigned for the Governor in ‘66 and the pair had bonded over serving in the South pacific during the second world war. In addition they found common ground regarding both streamlining the state Government in a businesslike, corporate manner, and Supporting minorities, especially in education, with Anderson lauding him for appointing the state’s first African American judge and first black appointees to the boards of regents.

MARYLAND

Continuing his journey across the country Anderson arrived in Annapolis Maryland to meet another Governor. Not-Spiro Agnew was a Southerner, but the man was also a notable Not-Nelson Rockefeller supporter with a history of working with the civil rights movement. Anderson’s meeting focused on “Law and Order” and his concern over the militant members of the civil rights movement, citing RFK once again and Not-Agnew’s own history as County Executive. Glen had agreed with Not-Agnew during the convention in’64 that Goldwater was too extreme to win, and that he was also a reluctant supporter, but in the end a good soldier. “The Balance struck by you and I on Civil Rights, while protecting Law and Order, is one that few others can handle.” Glen also had his friend Not-Kuchel call Agnew and put in a good word for him with Not-Agnew.

Another vital visit in Maryland was to Not-Charles Mathis. In their private meeting Anderson made it clear that he believed he was the most liberal person who could win the GOP nomination, citing the abortive campaign of Not-Rockefeller in ‘64, and that when it came to civil rights the two were closely aligned. As the nominee for President, Anderson would also be the best chance Not-Mathis had as being elected to the Senate. The two discussed urban development, discrimination, welfare reform and Glen’s insistence on Peace with Honor in Vietnam.

Meanwhile in Public Anderson visited various factories, paying special attention to steel workers, and those who made their living fishing and crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay. To the watermen he affirmed his commitment to environmental protection and the impact of pollution on jobs such as theirs and the population of marine life. His visit to Bethlehem Steel saw him commit to protecting American steel and domestic industry while ensuring the workers were safe and well paid. During a Press Conference he was asked about the rights of public employees to strike to which he replied, “I do not believe you can extend that right to those entrusted with education or protection against fire and lawlessness.”

NEW YORK

Moving north from Maryland Anderson arrived in New York City where he held a small rally, giving and early edition of his stump speech where he once again focused on Vietnam, and critiquing the Johnson administration tactics of “being too late with too little, while tipping our hand to the enemy so he always knew in advance what we proposed.” In the conclusion of his speech he attack the administration once again

“Look at our problems abroad. Do you realize that we face the stark truth that we are worse off in every area of the world tonight than we were when President Not-Eisenhower left office eight years ago. That's the record. And there is only one answer to such a record of failure and that is a complete house cleaning of those responsible for the failures of that record. The answer is a complete re-appraisal of America's policies in every section of the world.”

The four days spent in New York saw him taking a similar tact to addressing the liberal and moderate Republicans of California, albeit with less familiarity. He also proceeded cautious, as Not-Rockefeller choosing to enter the race would command their first loyalty, but as Anderson calculated he would not enter he was able to approach Congressmen of New York as a fellow Rockefeller fan from ‘64 who fought for him at the Convention. Not-Jacob Javits was a key target for Anderson, focusing on his support for Israel and civil rights legislation but at the same time voicing his support for the Eisenhower Doctrine abroad. Finally he told Not-Javits that a national healthcare system would be a priority of his Presidency.

While in New York he was scheduled for a speaking engagement at the Economic Club of New York. He had been scheduled for this address since before his Presidential announcement, and as such found it somewhat inappropriate to explicitly campaign during the address. Instead he focused on his history of Good Government reforms, streamlining practices, and key investments made by his administration in Oregon, however with that in mind it would not be difficult to extrapolate national policies with the main theme of cutting government spending and the role of free markets.

The days after this address saw Anderson meet with more New York Power Brokers, namely the mayor Not-John Lindsay who many considered a Presidential or Vice Presidential Contender. Anderson supported Lindsay and discussed the upcoming Kerner Report, and their shared concern of “Moving towards two societies”, and Anderson sharing his disdain for “Hyphenated Americans”. They discussed moving forward with further civil rights legislation and Anderson’s support of the developing legislation for the ‘68 civil rights bill. Anderson also voiced respectful disagreement with Not-Buckley who was known to clash with Lindsay, saying that “I agree with Ike that the GOP should be a big tent party”.

The final leg of the New York trip was with Not-Nelson Rockefeller, a man that could make or break Anderson’s campaign. Taking a somewhat oblique tact, Anderson first consulted Nelson on foreign policy and asked about Not-Kissinger being willing to join a potential Anderson administration. They also tackled civil rights and Anderson discussed with Rockefeller efforts to prohibit discrimination in housing and what measure could be take over the next 4 years especially in the field of education. Choosing to highlight some of the underappreciated areas of Rockefeller’s career, Anderson spoke about his intention to ‘continue the work of Theodore Roosevelt’ in the field of Conservation and Environmentalism, making a Clean Air Act a priority, followed closely by a Clean Water Act. Once again Anderson made a healthcare program a priority of his administration but conceded his plan was still in development.

VERMONT

The final leg on this part of Anderson’s primary journey was Vermont. His most important stop was to Not-George Aiken the former Governor and longtime Senator. The meeting began with Anderson explicitly connecting the overreach of the New Deal into state areas with the programs of the Great Society, before talking about their shared support of Civil Rights legislation while promoting ‘law and order’. However the lion's share of the meeting was regarding Vietnam, with Anderson cautiously probing as to the Senator’s actual position on the conflict. Treading cautiously, Anderson lamented the mishandling of the war by the administration and spoke about his belief that South Vietnam needed to be empowered to take over more of the front line duties.

Outside of the visit to the elder statesmen of Vermont Republicans, Anderson visited the small towns and villages in the state favoring its eastern border somewhat but not exclusively. He held a series of townhalls where voters could ask him questions in a controlled setting, these question and answer sessions would be edited, packaged and distributed to news stations in Vermont for use in news programs, as well as in television spots in Vermont and rural New England areas. These would in many ways be a dry run for events and tv spots in Hampshire that would soon be running on the air.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:32 pm

February 5th, 1968

Japan - Tokyo

Jonathan Jackson
Former General and Secretary of State

It had been a few years since Jackson had visited Tokyo; or Japan itself. Jackson was especially fond of Japan and the Japanese, unusually for a conservative white American. After the surrender of Japan, Jackson had been appointed as Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in Japan. In that office, he became the de facto military dictator of Japan: or Gaijin Shogun as the Japanese called him. Jackson embraced that label, thinking of himself as the American Tokugawa. He began learning Japanese, reading Japanese poems and historical works, and even wore more than once kimono and traditional Samurai battle armor.

Tokyo was different in 1968 than in 1946. Japan was now a prosperous, democratic nation with a growing economy. Jackson firmly believed that he was the one who had set the foundations for this postwar success of Japan with his domestic reforms - and he fully intended to use this card in his electoral campaign. His camera crew filmed Jackson walking the streets of Tokyo, and showcasing the advancements of Japan. "Tokyo was a ruined city back when we won the war," Jackson said. "Now look how they've advanced. That is in large part because of the reformist agenda I pursued as Supreme Commander in Japan. I governed for nearly six years a nation of seventy-seven million people. I liberalized Japan and ended the feudalistic practices that had dominated the old Empire."

The camera crew interviewed a number of Japanese who expressed their admiration for Jonathan Jackson. The old General then continued speaking. "Japan and America are not the same. Japan was a defeated, humiliated nation with a ruined economy and feudalistic institutions. America is a modernized nation with a growing economy and a world power. But I believe that my tenure in Japan shows that I have what it takes to move our country forward, considering that Japan now is a democratic, modern state with a growing capitalist economy. I'll be bringing the same type of competence, determination and positive change as President in America."

"I will restore competent management of our economy, retaining social programs that help people but blocking new, inefficient government programs cooked up by DC bureaucrats. I will drastically lower taxes so as to allow the hard-working American people to keep more of their heard-earned dollars instead of sending them off to DC. I will restore law and order, and crack down on drugs, rioting, violence and crime. I will defeat the Vietcong and end the war in Vietnam with a decisive American victory, bringing our boys back home. As President, I'll make Americans be proud once again for their country."

March 5th, 1947

Japan - Tokyo

“May I have this first dance, my lady?" the fifty-two years old General Jackson asked the young Japanese lady sitting all by herself. She was the daughter of the prominent Japanese politician who had organized this party: an event to celebrate the newly-founded friendship between Japan and America, former adversaries. Surprised, she placed her hand in his, and smiled. They began a traditional waltz, and the woman placed her free hand on Jackson's waist, leaving the proper amount of distance between them. They moved easily and lightly to the tune.

"You are as charming as they say," the woman whispered.

"Oh really?" Jackson smirked. "I've got that reputation? I barely attended any parties here."

"You did attend a few though. And one my friends saw you dancing at one of them."

"Oh? That's how you learned of me?"

The woman nodded.

"I've got to say, I've never enjoyed a dance before like I am enjoying this one. Probably has to do with the company."

The woman blushed. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes sparkled. Jackson hands moved to her waist. Her heart was racing in anticipation. Jackson embraced her into his arms and passionately kissed her soft tender lips. It was the best day of his life.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:16 pm

A PUBLIC AFFAIRS SHOW
with MICHAEL JACKSON

INTERVIEW WITH FORMER PRESIDENT DAVIS

Michael Jackson: "Today in Firing Line, I am honored to be welcoming to our show former President and celebrated war hero Henry 'Pike' Davis!" Jackson shakes hands with Pike "Sir, it is an honor to have you on our show. Please take a seat."

Henry Davis: "Thank you. It's an honor to be here." Davis shakes hands, sits down and clears his throat.

Michael Jackson: "Sir, I would first like you ask you how - as a person, not a public persona - you are doing? You've been out of the spotlight for some time."

Henry Davis: "I'm doing just dandy. I spend my retirement out in Washington state. Absolutely beautiful there. I decided to leave the spotlight to make way for someone new, America can only love an old man for so long before they get tired or bored of him, you know?"

Michael Jackson: "It's still a great loss for the country that you cannot be more active in public affairs, sir. As you may or may not know, I opposed parts of your administration as I did not find them conservative enough. Nevertheless I had - and still have - the outmost respect for you. I would like to ask you, what do you believe was your greater achievement as President?"

Henry Davis: "I'd like to say that I respect you and all of my critics during my administration. It kept me on my toes and helped support the American people so thank you for that. My administration was a happy time for America in my opinion. I'd say that was because of how accessible we made the country. From cars to planes, to travel in general. Though I may have impacted culture with things like Little Rock, I point to our nation's infrastructural achievements as my greatest achievement. I think connecting the United States was important and still is important in that literal way."

Michael Jackson: "Aside from a two-terms President, you also served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Europe. What do you miss - if you do miss anything - about those days of your military career? And what was your proudest moment as a military commander?"

Henry Davis: "The war and those times are long past, you know? I miss everything about those days though. Serving my country and all. The proudest moments of my military career weren't even as a commander. Unlike many, I miss my days in the early ranks. Waking early, trudging through mud, hiking up hills, that sort of thing. Sure, I made my country proud as a commander, but I continue to look back on my days just starting out. They shaped me, they brought discipline, common sense, and more to me. Without any of that, I wouldn't have made it to be a military commander. So I'd have to say that my all-time proudest moment was when I joined up in 1911."

Michael Jackson: "Speaking of military commanders, your old friend Jonathan Jackson is running for President. Now, I know that you sir want to stay out of the Republican affairs, so I won't put you in a difficult situation by asking you if you support or not the General's bid. I will ask you however of your opinion of the General, who also served as your Secretary of State."

Henry Davis: "I respect the General, and I admire him greatly. I worked with him directly for eight years, and even in the military. However much I opine on the Governor positively, I'd like to make it clear that it is his job as a candidate to make his case to the American people. The primary is filled with many remarkable candidates. I sincerely don't know who I'm voting for just yet. Truly remarkable candidates indeed."

Michael Jackson: "What do you think of the current state of America domestically? Are you happy with the economic situation and the disorder in the streets?"

Henry Davis: "President Lauderdale is a friend of mine, we spoke many times these past few years, along with his predecessor, God rest his soul. I think that the country is in a time of change, molting, as would a snake and its skin. Likewise, I believe that the people are upset at our current economic situation, along with the disorder in the streets. The people were upset during both Great Wars, but as President Lauderdale said, 'We Shall Overcome' and we will. Time of great change, my friend."

Michael Jackson: "As both a former President and, perhaps most importantly, a military commander, what is your take on the Vietnam War?"

Henry Davis: "As I've said, I've spoken with President Lauderdale extensively on the subject. I personally feel that it is a war of great importance, no matter the outcome. Our boys are fighting communism, the same boys who fought the Nazis are now fighting communism, I entrust them with that duty wholeheartedly. Yes sir, wholeheartedly indeed."

Michael Jackson: "Many Americans feel though that the war has dragged on for far too long and that the military commanders there have not been able to defeat the Vietcong. How would you convince those Americans that we must keep fighting in 'Nam?"

Henry Davis: "I would tell them to look at their children. Look at their children, look at their homes, and look at the liberties and freedoms which we are privileged enough to have. I think a spread of democracy is essential to ensuring that those children can continue the prosperity that they have started. Look, we have teenagers upset and protesting. They need to understand that the people in Vietnam aren't so lucky. If under communist rule, they'd be shot and killed on site. Teenagers protesting, I say. If only the Vietnamese would be so lucky."

Michael Jackson: "I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment myself. Now, instead of final question, I would like to allow you sir to freely address our viewers about any subject you wish to."

Henry Davis: "I am grateful for my time here, I am grateful for my time in office, and I am grateful for my time in the military. I'm grateful for the air I breathe, the land I live on, the company I keep, and the time I am given. I am more grateful for my predecessors, the great men, and women before me who paved the way to our current state. I am even more grateful for the Americans who come after me, the great men and women of tomorrow. I feel like Americans don't understand the enormous amount of power, responsibility, and respect they are given in their freedom. Their votes are influential not only in our national politics but in world politics as well. We as Americans define Democracy, define Freedom. That is us, that is who we are, and that is who we must continue to be. Again, thank you for the time you've allowed me to be here. God bless you."
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Cedar Grove, Mississippi
February 5, 1968

The skies above the deep, deep southern country-side were pristine. A few birds flew away at some far-off noises in the long stretch of horizon. A large, two story house sits on a substantial plot of land around it. The faint "caw-caws" of the crows are barely able to be made out, in spite of the frigid calm that now engulfed the microcosm of deep south.

A small mob of people sat in the dining room. Familiar faces to those and neighbors to the important figure that had only hours before been occupied in this very building. Two Campaign Managers sat across each other on the only piece of furniture in the front room, which was a elongated couch. The famed 'rocking-chair' had broken in two and was simply a pile of wood and nails in the corner, never swept up by either occupant of the home in their long years together. The kitchen was still filled with sound and noise, though there were only a few women in there, and the only sound was a long, long sobbing and gravely female vocal chord. The old woman lightly stirred a big pot that sat on the stove-top in there, making sure the soup didn't spoil or come to a boil too quickly, occasionally providing salt herself from the products of her own two eyes.

A small, frail arm wrapped around this grieving woman. She had known the man for a very, very long time. For almost forty long years they were together. While, true, this man didn't do the best job at understanding his woman, he still made sure to spoil her with the little things in life. Wether it was to go on autumn walks through the cemetery by their house or to the local grocery store (the latter of which was a rare occurrence, given his busy schedule in other manners), the old man seemed like he gave a damn for his woman's love. She reciprocate it when-ever they would indulge in a favorite pass-time of the both of them, which was to enjoy some light Jazz music and dance silly and merry until their feet felt numb enough as to prevent standing.

"Everyone. It's time to say goodbye. Single file, up these stairs."

Trevor Chamberlain's brassy Alabaman voice declared with authority to the house. Folks from the neighborhood heeded his orders as an orderly que was held, as one after another were allowed into a room to have a few minutes with "Mississippi's Oldest Natural Resource." That was the thing about it being natural, is that it could...eventually die.

When both Chamberlain and John Thatcher entered the room, they took notice of a bed in the center of the room. On the bed was such a frail and pale-like appearance that it might have been mistaken for a ghost. This man was not a ghost, but the man that had tormented blacks throughout the south for many years in his life-time. A man that poked and pulled at his enemies while treating his closest allies with at least half-decency when he wasn't drunk.

"Mississippi's Oldest Natural Resource? How y'all doin?"

A frail, frail voice, almost as fragile as glass creaked out a reply, trying to strain as much strength as he could.

"T-trevar? That you? I thought I fired y'all ass...con-sarn it all...."

"Hey, 1960 didn't work out so well, so I looked for another job. Turner happened to be hiring, and it's not like your wife has any ambitons of her own-"

"I don't like traitors to my bottom line. Oh, and the people of M'ssippa!"

The old man attempted his hardest to crack a joke and a laugh, only ending up cracking one of his ribs in a very nerve-wracking attempt to sit up in bed to better address, being forced to lie back down on the pillow that was faintly propped up by the head-board of his bed.

"Senator. You did good for M'ssippi. Y'all did real good for M'ssippii. 'member y'all fillibuster?"

The squinted eyes of the eighty year old Senator gleamed as his brain took in the memories of him parading down the Senate halls, chatting up a storm and slaying dozens of civil rights bills right at his feet. Of course, the serious Segregationists did enjoy the comedic interlude of the Mississippian stooge, distracting the legislative regulars from their more...nefarious purposes...

"That I do 'member, Trevar. That I do.. I also wonder what n' the hell happened to that nice lady and sexy man... Joe Pole and Sow-fee-uh Fraser. Y'all have a clue?"

Trevor wracked through his brain for a moment before shaking his head.

"I know Joe Pole is still fighting the good fight inna the Senate. Missus Fraser? She ain't round no more."

The old man's eyes dropped, saddened by the latter news.

"That's...a real shame. I's a's n'eer did get-in's that cup o' cola wit her... If y'all can find her husband, let 'er know I'm sorry 'bout that there dee-bate. At least I's a still has Joe-Pole inna my life. I wan y'all t' cook on up some Polish Keel-baw-saw sausage wit some o' my M'ssippa Onions. Fer ol' times sakes... Y'hear?"

"Understood Mister. We'll hol a wake wit M'ssippa Onion n' that fancy-schmancy polish sausage y'all chat 'bouts. I is a maka that clear."

A faint smile intruded from the dying man's lips.

"That's good, good... Say, Do Y'all know what happened t' Pike?"

"Pike Dave? That yankee? Why'n'the hell y'all care now 'f'll o' a sudden? You gotta bet?"

"Hot-dawg, y'all is a right onna the money. I bet him a silver dollar that He'd die 'fore me.... See to it that my wife pays the man his due.. I may not agree wit his politics, but...that man can sure hol' his whiskey that's for damn sure... Not many a people can stand 'fter a sip o' my 'private moonshinin' stock! Eh-heh-heh-he-he-eh-HECK!"

"Oh good lord...Good lord... I'm I'm going.... Not yet, but... No...I'm going... Goin' on up t' see the big man inna the skies... gather the family 'right round. Even Val. No...'specially Val."

"Everyone!" bellowed Trevor to those standing outside the old man's bedroom.

"Get on in here, it's...it's time...
to say goodbye."

OBITUARIES
FORMER MISSISSIPPI SENATOR JOSHUA NORTON SHARP DEAD AT 80

Former United States Senator of Mississippi Joshua Sharp passed away peacefully surrounded by neighbors and friends. The Cedar Grove Native was born in Yazoo City, Missisisppi, on January 14, 1888 to Jefferson Davis Sharp and Jessica Sylvester Sharp (nee Smith). Upon his father's death when he was two, Sharp was sent to live with some of Jefferson Davis's surviving inlaws and were raised by them. Following the death of his mother in 1904 and him reciving a 200 dollar inheritance from her, Sharp used this money to open up a Farm, where he developed his first ties and nice-attitudes twoards his neighbors.

"He was always willing to help" one long-time neighbor of the Sharps said to this paper when asked. Sharp then decided to try an education, starting with a possible course at the Kentucky Military Institute in 1912. However, Sharp put his studies for a possible Law Degree on hold when he volunteered for the U.S. Marines, earning his babtism of fire at the Battle of Belleau Wood.

Following his war-time service Sharp courted the daughter of a local cotton magnate, and were wed on the same day at a local church in Newton County, Mississippi. It was here that Joshua Sharp moved to Cedar Grove, where he remained until his passing. Joshua Sharp then went back to his Law Degree, graduating in 1923. He used this law degree to first apprentice under the Pearson & Soules brothers for seven months, having been working there part-time while he worked on his degree.

Following a financial dispute over his pay with the Pearson & Soules, Sharp formed his own law firm the next year called "Sharp n' Socciates'". His first action was to sue P&S for the three months of pay they refused to pay him. After two more months of litigation in the local courts, Judge Hapworth Bell-Loomis ruled in favor, ordering P&S to pay the 34.00 owed to the man for his paid service. Sharp never got the payment, as P&S declared insolvency on the day of the court case, with Loomis noting that the defense never showed to to court that day.

For the next decade Sharp n' Socciates was a small operation, managed by Joshua Sharp and a few Mississippi WWI veterans that were interested in legal matters during this period of time. During his time as a lawyer, Sharp endeared himself to his Newton county strangers and clients by adopting a firey, combative stance during court-cases, ranting agaisnt "Big Oil, Big Steel and Big Cotton harmin' the small man!" It was also here that he earned his first moniker, "Jumpin' Josh", as when he would be making a point in a trail, would jump onto the Desk to make his point, in spite of the Judge ordering him to sit down from the desk.

In 1934 Joshua Sharp took his local noteriety as a public defender and lawyer to Congress, being elected to Mississippi's 7th Congressional district, taking 50.8% of the vote in a three-way race for the Democratic nomination, tantamount to election. While in the U.S House of Representatives, Sharp was a very open individual, pushing for transparency in the way the government is run. He famously stated on the floor of the House in 1938: "Every slack-jawed local ought to see what their congressman does, how he goes about doing it, and how that going about affects his a--."

However, Joshua Sharp was inflexible on the issues of the New Deal, being vehmently against such actions. Sharp was also controversial for his extereme racial attitudes and prejudices himself, with many liberals wishing the man would 'sooner drop dead than be alive'. In spite of this, the people of Mississippi's 7th sent him back to Congress three times before throwing him out in 1942.

Not taking this defeat lying down, Sharp quietly returned to his law firm and mulled a state-wide bid. Sharp got this chance in 1948 when he ran for the open U.S Senate Seat of Jim Eastland, who opted to retire instead of seek re-election. Former Representative Sharp cleared the run-off election between him and a wealthy cotton magnate. Sharp used this to his advantage and cast himself as the "peoples' candidate" agaisnt the "rich bastard to my left". Sharp was then informed that his opponent was to his right on the Debate stage.

In spite of this, Sharp managed to narrowly upset the Cotton magnate, winning by a narrow majority of the vote in 1948. Sharp won in the general election against the tiny patronage organization known as the Mississippi Republcian Party in a 97.5% to 2.5% difference between the two candidates. Joshua Sharp would be re-elected in 1954 with another majority of just 0.7% margin of victory against the former Mississippi Governor Felding L. Wright.

However, a 1959 survey of Mississippians was taken, which showed no real love for the Senator, apart from members of his own county, some surrounding counties and endorsements by the Mississippi Sheep Breeders Association, or MSBA, who were the most prolific and long-time political backers of Joshua Sharp's three senate bids. In 1960, Joshua Sharp ran for President of the United States. The Senior Mississippi Senator Frank Turner had a personal vendetta against Joshua Sharp, who also ran for President of the United States in the Democratic Primaries. In the Mississippi Democratic primary, Sharp garnered just 28% of the vote statewide and won just his home county of Newton, who just so happened to only print his name on the ballot, as an "accident" assuredly.

In spite of this political annihilation Senatorially, Joshua Sharp was also known as a close friend to Pennslyvanian Senator Joseph Warszawski, a moderate Republican. Sharp was more than happy to help in crafting the Peace Corps, though opponents have argued that Sharp did such a move in an attempt to save his Senate bid. Such association, however, brought scorn to the white voting block of Mississippi, who recoiled at Joshua Sharp "going soft on the negro". Sharp attempted to fight such actions by doubling down on racist rhetoric, which only made Sharp look more and more out of touch with the needs of everyday Mississippians, contributing to his massive loss state-wide.

Following his defeat in the Democratic Primary, Joshua Sharp officaly left Washington D.C., never to return on January 3, 1961. Sharp retired to his native Cedar Grove, where he grew Cotton and Tobacco, along with an extensive collection of moon-shine and whiskey from his "private stock" storm cellar.

Joshua Sharp is survived by his wife, 66 year old Velma Velma "Val" Paris-Villeneuve. A funeral will be held at the Church of Saint Luke in Cedar Grove, Mississippi, where he is to be intered with his parents in the cemetary next to their house.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:18 pm

February 5th, 1968
Official Statement from the Office of Representative Hubert Broussard (D-LA-7) Regarding the Death of Senator Joshua Sharp

"Senator Joshua Sharp was a friend of mine for many years. Senator Sharp was a workhorse for Mississippi, and for America. Despite our incredibly public and notably violent disagreements, he was like a father to me. I worked with him many times, and I'll never forget the funny jokes, the ill-manners, and most importantly, the patriotism of Senator Sharp. I was unable to attend the funeral due to a violent cold, but I send my condolences to the State of Mississippi and to the wife of Senator Sharp. He will forever be missed by those who knew him before his 1959 descent into madness. I long to remember the Senator and Representative Pre-1959. I long for him to be remembered as a Southerner. A true Southerner with his state and his people at the forefront of his work. I plan on proposing a bill in Congress to rename the Federal Post Office in Newton, Mississippi as the Joshua Sharp Post Office, and plan on encouraging Mississippi State Officials to dedicate February 5th as Joshua Sharp Day in Mississippi for the next three years. I thank Senator Sharp for his service and wish him to rest in peace."
Last edited by Louisianan on Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:50 am

February 5th, 1968

Davis Vacation Home, Washington State

Portrait of President Henry Davis (circa 1959)

It was cold. Very cold in fact. February in Washington was about as cold as it can get. The snow blanketed the vacation residence of Henry Davis. Seventy-eight years old. He was a former Commander in the military and former president. Surrounded by workers, people call him 'Sir', but not here. Not anymore. His days of philandering and infidelity had come to bite him. He and his wife separated in 1966 with him staying in Washington and her staying in Maine with her lover ten years her junior. Henry was a lonely old man, listening to Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra. His only visitor is a nurse who comes daily simply to check up on him. Henry fell in the shower earlier this year, and his health has gone down considerably.

He sits at the kitchen table, eating toast and looking out of his window for his supper. Pike is quiet these days. Not much more to say, not many people to speak to. The sun shined throughout the house. He kept the lights off to save electricity, but chopped wood to fuel the fireplace. Lately, he hasn't had the strength he used to have. Just a few days ago, Henry participated in a televised interview. It took so much energy out of him, but as usual, he kept his face for the American public. His public. The persona that Henry had created was a strong, precise, diplomatic leader. That's all him, that is who Pike Davis is. That is what the world has to see. That is what the world wants to see. But behind closed doors. Pike Davis is a sad, lonely, old man. His ego stopped him from calling his wife, or anybody for that matter. *RING RING*

"Oh damn," Henry said as he dropped his toast on the floor, being startled by the phone. *RING RING*

"Betty," Henry said as he bet on the floor to find his bread, "Betty please get the phone." *RING RING*

Henry carefully lowered himself to the ground and reached under the table to grab his toast, *RING RING*

"Damn!" he said as the ringing startled him again, he jumped and bumped his head on the table, "I'm coming!" Henry stood, rubbing the knot forming on his head and walked over to the wall phone near the refrigerator,

"Hello?" Henry answered, "Dead? Sharp of Mississippi dead? Who?" he asked as he grabbed a little notebook on the counter and searched it for the name before coming across a photograph of an elderly man, "Oh. Senator Sharp. He was quite cruel to me. He was from Mississippi correct?..Ah yes. No, no formal statement. Thank you. Goodbye."

"Betty," Henry sighed, "Senator...Senator...Senator Sharp of... Senator Sharp has died." Henry walked across the room to a table and opened the drawer and pulled out a letter from Senator Sharp. Before opening it, he saw a fishing hook in the drawer, "What fun!" he said as he grabbed the hook. He put on his coat and wrote a note on a napkin on the table with his unsteady and shaking hands, for Celeste the nurse, {Went Fishing, Pike}

Henry walked outside and retrieved a fishing pole and tackle box and walked down to the lake. His hands continued to shake. The shaking started around '59. The doctor said it was from stress and he'd better retreat to a peaceful location. Davis came to Washington, but nothing changed. As Henry walked down to the lake he saw a brightly colored butterfly on the deep blanket of snow that stretched right up to the side of the lake which wasn't frozen just yet. He stared at it in awe, "What a beauty."

Three minutes passed, and Pike was continuing to stare at the snow although the butterfly had gone. He looked around, confused, before realizing he was going fishing. He grabbed a napkin from his pocket and dabbed up the spittle dripping down his chin, "You'd think I was a one-eyed cat in a seafood store." he joked as he continued to walk. He got to the dock, and he sat on a bench as he set up his fishing pole. He unsteadily set up his hook, cutting himself multiple times in the process. He began to hum. No tune in particular just a hum.

"Sandwich, Pike?" said a familiar voice, Pike turned in that direction to see a familiar face opening a picnic basket,

"Why, General Jackson! Wonderful to have you for a visit." Pike replied as he saluted the General, "No thanks, I just had a sandwich. I mean toast, I ate a slice of toast bread."

"How was my son?" the General said as he took a bite of his sandwich,

"Oh, he was genuine and marvelous, absolutely a treat. You raised him well. I wish my boys would've come out like him." Davis responded, turning towards Jackson again, only for him to be gone.

"Wait! General, come back! Don't go, I'm all alone here!" Davis said as he turned around and looked for the General. Davis sighed as he sat down and tossed his line into the water, "Nobody wants to be here with Old Pike. Nobody, not nobody wants to spend time with Old Henry Davis."

"That's not true." Another familiar voice said.

"Betty?" Henry turned to his other side to see his wife, "Betty get inside! It's cold out. Fishing is men's work."

"I loved spending time with you Percival." Betty sighed, "I loved you. You were the love of my life. I treated you well, and you treated me like the dog shit on your boot."

"I know I did. I know," Henry shook his head, "no more of that! No siree, I am a one-woman man. So glad you are back."

"I'm not back," Betty replied as she too disappeared,

"Betty! I love you, honey! Please!" Pike said as he began to tear up. He continued fishing, not being able to hook any of the bites in time. He finally decided to reel in his line and sit for a moment. Just sit and look at nature. Naturally, after a while, like all old men, Henry would fall asleep. Henry slept on the bench. When he woke up, it was dark. No lights were on at the house, there were no path lights, and the fireplace inside had even gone out.

"Hello?" Davis quietly cried out, "Is anyone there." he looked to his left and right and saw no one. He was frightened. He couldn't recognize his location because of the darkness, he couldn't recollect why he was there.

"Is anyone out there," Davis yelled out, hearing no response, Davis looked down as he began to shake uncontrollably. Despite his best attempts to hold it in, his bladder couldn't take it and he soiled himself.

"Look at you, a filthy old bastard." he heard Betty laugh, "You are no man, you are a weakling. My mother didn't want me to marry you, and I should've listened. Look at you, you've pissed yourself."

"Betty? Please, help me. I'm frightened. Where am I?" Henry said as he began to shake more,

"Why should I help you? You embarrassed me, you were unfaithful to me. You were a terrible husband. You were a liberal, you were a weak weak man." she replied,

"No...I....I wasn't!" Henry began to weep, "Leave me alone. Please, go away!"

"You were never a Commander. Nothing but a sleazebag. A fake." General Jackson's voice echoed in the mind of Henry,

"No!" Henry cried as he curled into the fetal position and cried uncontrollably as he cupped his ears, "Go away!" The voices grew louder and louder. Henry cried and screamed louder and louder and closed his eyes. All of a sudden...it stopped. The voices stopped, his shaking stopped and he opened his eyes.

It was daylight again, and he was still shaking slightly. He looked out to the lake and saw his pole tip. He quickly pulled upwards and reeled quickly. It was a trout.

"Well, I'll be," Henry said with a smirk as he threw the fish back in. He looked around as he placed the pole on the ground. He was still sitting on the bench, he looked downward, and there on his pants was a large wet spot. On the ground too, was a puddle of what seemed to be urine. Henry's face grew red with shame. He tried to stand, but he couldn't. He tried many times, but his muscles wouldn't let him stand. This is the worse he's ever been up to this point. He sat back and just looked out at the lake, soaking in his own urine, unable to do anything about it.

About half an hour later, a woman came down to the lake, "Mr. Davis?"

"Commander Davis to you." He replied as he looked at the woman, "Who are you?"

"Celeste, the nurse. Commander Davis, what did I tell you about coming down here alone. You could've fallen in." Celeste replied,

"I don't know you. I can come down here whenever I'd like. It's my goddamn property." Henry replied, "I want you off of it."

"Sir," Celeste said, puzzled, as she looked down at his pants, "let's get you inside. You're going to freeze of hypothermia."

"I can take care of myself." Henry replied, turning toward the house

"No, you can't you stubborn idiot." Betty replied, yelling from the house, "You're full of piss now listen to her and come inside."

"Alright, Betty. Whatever you say, honey. She sure is hard-headed." Pike said turning to Celeste, now smiling,

"Who, sir?" Celeste asked, looking towards the house, seeing no-one,

"It doesn't matter. Let's go inside. A pretty girl like you shouldn't be outside this late in the afternoon, it could be dangerous!" Henry said as he stood on his own, collected his fishing equipment, and led the charge back inside the house.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:23 am

FEBRUARY 9TH, 1968
MANCHESTER, NH
PAUL NOBLE

Winning New Hampshire was a long shot, the Congressman was aware of that. Even so, it made perfect sense for him to at least make an appearance and prove he could be viable outside of the south. The plan was to avoid discussing desegregation for the most part outside of busing. He had a decently sized audience, largely made up of traditionalists disaffected by the radical reformism of the President, as well as political outsiders looking for a populist alternative.

"My friends, America is at the most significant turning point in her long and beautiful history. This is a time for choosing, my friends, this is a time where elites in Washington D.C. want to take over our country! Pointy-headed bureaucrats want to put the working class of this country last! They want to perpetuate American failures at home and abroad and weaken our freedom in the face of the evergrowing threat of communism! My friends, America is at a crossroads, and we must choose whether we live in an America that values freedom, God, and strength, or an America that values greed, crime, and evil. I am running for President to fight against the Washington bureaucrats. To stand up for the common man against the government's stranglehold on the states of this country!

We have a federal government that is forcing its own will on the American people. We are told constantly that we have to do this, we have to do that, regulation after regulation after bureaucratic regulation. What happened to freedom and liberty? This is what they do in the Soviet Union, my friends! Not in America, never in America. The government has an obligation to support its people, not chain them up and force them into perpetual slavery! When I am President, we are going to end this radical Washington bureaucracy, and return to helping the common American, not pushing them down! Let's let American genius and innovation thrive, my friends! Let's let the American worker work without having big brother breathing down their back! Let's let local communities decide what they need and what works, not wealthy elites who have never stepped foot outside of Washington!

"And let's put an end to the racist practices that have been pushed by radical activists! Let's put an end to the racial quotas and the forced busing that lets race dictate every facet of our lives! My friends, if we are created equal in the eyes of God, then let's act like it! No more forced busing, no more racial quotas, and no more destruction of the rights of the states!

"You know, I risked my life for this country, as many of us have. I remember our triumph against the fascists. I remember the pain my friends in uniform suffered, I watched some of them perish. We know the horrors of war. So we know that when we see thousands of Americans losing their lives in Vietnam, not gaining an inch of land as our allies in the south can't support us defending them, it begs the question of whether this is a war of American glory against communism or a humiliation of us all. This is a war that we should be winning. And yet, through both incompetence in leadership and a lack of real commitment from the Vietnamese, we are being faced with a major devastating Viet Cong offensive. How many of our brave men have to die for a government that doesn't even want to defend itself? My friends, we must fight communism, at home and abroad, and we must never surrender in this Cold War. But also, my friends, we must recognize that war has a cost, and when we choose the wrong battles, when we are forced to carry the existence of a foreign government with no ambition to protect its own existence on its own, the cost for America is young lives.

"And we are losing young lives to the crime epidemic! The crime epidemic caused by drugs, by homosexuals, by forced integration, by moral decay, by bureaucrats giving more rights to criminals than citizens. We have no accountability in this country! Accountability is something I will fight for! I will take the fight to the streets against these drug addicts and gangs in our cities, and restore law and order!

My friends, this is a fight between the American people and the Washington bureaucrats. The question is do we believe in a country that believes in liberty, or a country that believes in the iron fist of big government? This battle will be fought at the ballot box, at the conventions, and in Congress! One election will not change things overnight, but my friends, I'll be damned if we don't get started! So let's get started! Let's get this country back under God, kick the dirty communists out of Washington, and win this Cold War! God bless New Hampshire and the United States!"
Die nasty!!111

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:31 pm

February 10th, 1968

South Dakota - Sioux Falls

Jonathan Jackson was finally back in the United States after his international tour, which meant to remind Americans of the Normandy Landings, the Battle of Inchon and the reconstruction of postwar Japan. Now, he was back in his home state, holding a rally in Sioux Falls. He had missed South Dakota. Even if he loved being back to Tokyo, he loved South Dakota more than any other place on Earth.

His supporters were waving placards and cheering the "General" or "Mad Jack", as many called him. Jackson waved at the enthusiastic crowd. Of course, he knew that the nomination would be decided at the convention and that he needed to meet with important Republican politicians behind the scenes to get their support; but pictures of enthusiastic crowds would help make the case for him when speaking with those politicians.

"Thank you for your strong show of support!" Jackson spoke as loudly as he could. "I am running for President exactly because good, patriotic, law-abiding citizens like you have been ignored by the politicians in DC for far too long. You - and people like you - are the great majority of Americans, the forgotten Americans - the non-shouters; the non-demonstrators. The Democrats have been ignoring the silent majority, and appeasing the minority of drug-addicts, violent criminals, racial extremists, rioters, soldier-hating communists, flag burners and supporters of the Vietcong! We need a patriotic administration that will restore law and order in our streets, beat the Vietcong and finally end the war in 'Nam, revitalize our economy to work for everyday Americans and reinvigorate public morality."

"An example of how out of touch many Democratic politicians are is their insistence of supporting forced busing. I strongly support what we have done to end the insidious practice of segregation in the South. However I'm also alarmed at the proposed busing of students to distant schools or the ideas I've heard about forced integration of neighborhoods. Such policies will lead to substandard education for our children and violate basic rights and liberties of the American people. As President, I'll put an end to such extremist ideas while at the same time enforcing civil rights and promoting the equality of the races. The silent majority supports neither the racial extremism of the far left nor of the far right."

"Let us build bridges, my friends, build bridges to human dignity across that gulf that separates black America from white America. Black Americans do not want unpopular quotas, new government programs that promote dependency or radical actions by the federal government which are deeply unpopular amongst the American public. Those are the demands of a radical extremist minority. The vast majority of Black Americans want the pride, and the self-respect, and the dignity that can only come if they have an equal chance to own their own homes, to own their own businesses, to be managers and executives as well as workers, to have apiece of the action in the exciting ventures of private enterprise. That is how we can bring equality! Through liberty, not government-mandated tyranny!"

"Democrats claim they support the working man of this country. Yet the inflation is killing the value of the dollar and the gold standard itself is at risk. Unemployment is highest under the Lauderdale Administration among the very people he claims to care about the most. The answer of the Democrats to this failure is to propose even more government programs, funded by ever increasing taxation, in the hopes that those programs will work this time around. Americans do not want more government programs which perpetuate dependency. They do not want to send more of their hard-earned tax dollars to bureaucrats in DC. Americans want a government that works for them. A government that respects their tax dollars. An assurance that their government is not going to rob them of their savings by destroying the value of their dollars."

"The economic policies I propose are not radical. They do not seek to end welfare for the poorest in our society. As a faithful Christian, I firmly believe that we must help the poorest in our society. I do believe that some social programs are necessary and benefit society overall as they ensure a modicum of social stability and coherence. But not every problem can be solved by throwing tax money at it: in fact, some programs hurt those they claim to want to help. They foster a culture of dependency, add up to our ever rising deficit and national debt, and weaken the dollar. Instead, I propose that in our battle against poverty we enlist the greatest engine of progress ever developed in the history of man - American private enterprise."

"By substantially cutting taxes - especially for the middle class and small businesses - and putting an end to needless regulation that only adds up red tape - indeed, it is the mom and pop of the neighborhood shop that bear the burden of red tape which drives up costs and forces them to raise the price of goods in order to stay in business, not big corporations that can afford the cost placed upon them by overt regulations - we can ensure substantial economic growth and increased government revenues, which we can then use to help the poorest of Americans without raising taxes or piling up even more national debt. That is a rational economic policy. My economic program is based on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time."

"As we look at America, we see cities enveloped in smoke and flame. We hear sirens in the night. We see innocent, law-abiding people being murdered by criminals. We see a drug epidemic that turns our youth into mindless drug-addicts. The optimism we had at the start of the decade has turned into despair, bitterness and a belief that America is not the greatest nation of Earth as it once was. Millions of Americans cry out in anguish. Our youth - the future of our nation - is being corrupted. The moral fabric of our society is on the verge of collapse. As President, I will restore law and order! I shall increase federal aid to state and local law enforcement agencies, to help them hire more officers. I will reform the justice system, in order to see sentences harshened and ensure that criminals stay in jail where they belong! I shall crack down on crime, rioting and disorder! Violent 'activists' who riot, murder and pillage shall be dealt with most harshly. I will launch a nation-wide War on Drugs to put an end to the drug epidemic! I shall drastically increase sentences for dealers and users. I will promote a campaign in our schools to warn the youth of the dangers of drug abuse."

"I will reform our education system. We cannot allow our youth to succumb to drugs, anarchy and immoral behavior. We need an educational system that will promote traditional morality, family values, faith in God and patriotism! I will criminalize burning the flag; I will not allow communists to disrespect our veterans - who fight and die in the jungles of Vietnam to defend the liberties the Free World enjoys! - and desecrate the symbol of this great nation! I would rather die than see our flag desecrated; for I love this flag, and I love this nation. I love America! I shall heed the call for a Morality Amendment that will outlaw abortion. We should defend the rights of the unborn. For the unborn have no voice to defend their rights, we must do it for them. I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. Quite hypocritical on their part I would say."

"I know many Americans are tired of the War in Vietnam. I cannot blame them. Our politicians have screwed up; they've been saying we are winning, but the enemy is still alive, kicking and killing our troops. For four years this Administration has had at its disposal the greatest military and economic advantage that one nation has ever had over another in any war in history. Never has so much military and economic and diplomatic power been used so ineffectively. Of course the people have gotten tired! But we cannot abandon South Vietnam to the marching forces of communism. We face an enemy that seeks global domination and the eradication of our way of life. This struggle between America and the Reds is not a struggle between two great powers: it is rather a conflict between the forces of liberty and tyranny, freedom and slavery, good and evil, God and Atheism, light and darkness. It is a global conflict, and if we retreat from it as appeasers demand, then the dominoes will start falling and the darkness of oppression and barbarity shall descent upon the peoples of Asia and Europe: and it won't be long before that darkness descents upon America itself. By defending South Vietnam, we defend freedom in America itself!"

"Unlike those incompetent politicians in DC, I know what must be done to win the war and bring our boys back home safe and alive. I have long military experience; I beat the Afrika Korps in North Africa; I conquered Palermo and Messina in Sicily; I led our boys at D-Day in the Normandy Landings; I drove American arms from Normandy to the Elbe River in Germany itself; I pulled off the Inchon landings and took Seoul from the Red Koreans; and when the Chinese intervened and pushed us back, I reorganized our forces and reclaimed Seoul from the Reds. I know what I am talking about when I talk about military affairs. You can trust me when I say we can win this war; but in order to win the war, we need smart leadership. As President, I shall use my extensive military qualifications to defeat the Vietcong, win the war and bring our soldiers back home!"

"As Secretary of State, I was the architect of SEATO and CENTO. If I am elected President, I will bring that same leadership in cooperating and coordinating with our allies in the Free World to check Communist expansionism and to build up our collective economic and military strength. As President I shall adopt a two-pronged strategy to strengthen the Block of Freedom. Firstly, I shall substantially increase military aid to our allies to ensure they have the means to defend themselves against Red aggression; the weapons that shall be handed to our allies shall be manufactured here, in the United States, providing thousands of new, well-paying jobs for the American people! Secondly, I shall elevate the standing of America again abroad. Our failures in Vietnam and the domestic disorder that plagues us have eroded our international prestige. I'll make foreign countries respect us once more. I shall build strong friendships. I shall increase economic cooperation between the countries of the Free World. We should act as one fist against the forces of oppression and tyranny. America shall be a world leader once more!"

"It is evidently clear to me that we need change, we need to turn a new page. When Americans are fighting and killing each other in our streets; when narcotic peddlers are corrupting our youth; when our boys are dying in the jungles of Vietnam for no apparent gain; when the President of the United States cannot travel abroad or to any major city at home without fear of a hostile demonstration - then it's time for new leadership for the United States of America. A leadership that will restore law and order, that will bring us victory in Vietnam, that will ensure our economy works for the many and not the few in DC, that will restore respect internationally for America. The time has come for us to leave the valley of despair and climb the mountain so that we may see the glory of the dawn - a new day for America, and a new dawn for peace and freedom in the world. Let us MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse