NATION

PASSWORD

2025: A Shifting World (IC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

IEC Ukraine
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby IEC Ukraine » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 pm

Ukraine Military Command

To say that it was mayhem would be an understatement. Ukraine was now fighting for its very existence, as the rest of the world turned a blind eye and watched. From Crimea, to the Donbass, the world seemed more and more willing to allow Russia to take what it wants, with nothing but token sanctions on the nation. Now, Ukraine, stands up for itself, stands up to a bully, yet the world just watches once again. Of course, a few nations have offered support, and officials were thankful to those countries, but it wouldn't be enough. However, for now, all the people of Ukraine could do, was fight.

The short ceasefire with Russia had allowed for many people to be evacuated, mainly the elderly, disabled, and children. It wasn't much, but it did give the government time to get those who couldn't fight, out of the nation. Now, however, it was up to those who remained to make sure that those who had been evacuated, had a home to return to, that they wouldn't return to a nation that is under occupation. That was a task that was easier said than done. That ceasefire didn't allow for any more proper defenses to be made, or for reservists to reach the frontline, mainly due to how short it was. All across the front, the invaders were pushing Ukrainian forces back, slowly, but surely.

The biggest issue was the Russian push towards Kyiv; so far it was being slowed thanks to various ambushes by Ukrainian Forces, but the Russians would just bombard the area once they faces significant resistance. The slow advance, however, has allowed for mass numbers of reserve forces to build formidable defensive positions around the city. However, that didn't mean that Ukraine would give up on other towns and cities across the country. Reconnaissance has suggested that a massive thrust by the Russians would approach Ivankiv in an attempt to capture it. High Command would put heavy emphasis on holding the area in order to halt the Russian advance, with elements of the 95th Air Assault Brigade, being deployed to lead the defense.

There was also the Battle of Cherniv, which was ongoing. With forces being deployed to Ivankiv, and fighting all across the nation, Kyiv didn't have the resources to deploy forces all over; such a thing would leave their lines weak everywhere. The military would have to focus its attention in key areas, weakening the invading forces over time, before resources could be deployed elsewhere. The 72nd Mechanized Brigade would be sent as reinforcement to the invaded town. Other, various, national guard units would also be sent, as long as such deployments didn't risk the rest of the line.

But even with these forces being deployed, the Russian Air Force continued to bomb Ukrainian positions. The Ukrainian Air Force and Air Defense Forces have tried their best to limit the effects of the Russian Air Power, but the initial invasion caused a good amount of damage, and the continued fighting has not helped keep losses down whatsoever. The plans for these units would not only be to keep the skies as dangerous as possible for the Russians, but to also cause as many casualties as possible, in the sky, to at least cause the Russians to halt the usage of their air power, even if for a short while. That doesn't even take into account the missiles and rockets that were being lobbed at defensive positions and critical infrastructure. Those, Ukraine, didn't have much of an answer to. Until they somehow gained longer ranged weapons that would allow them to return fire, all they could do for not was hope the damage and losses, taken, weren't too severe.

Meanwhile, on the Donbass Front, Ukrainian Forces were ordered to hold their positions at all cost, and if they had to pull back, to make the Russians pay for every inch in blood. Forces on this front, while mainly on the defensive, would attempt to do small attacks, more so to probe the Russian lines, in hopes of finding any gap or weakness to exploit. The chances of any major operation occurring on this front was slim, as both sides have dug in heavily over the past decade, but every little advantage...every little victory, meant something to the People of Ukraine.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:59 pm

Ziguang Hall, Zhongnanhai, Beijing, China
May 31st, 2022

President Fu stood before a wall of Chinese flags with a podium and a singular camera straight ahead. Having concluded his phone calls regarding the Turks the day prior, an impromptu prime-time address that was highly unusual for a Chinese leader had been called. Now, standing and waiting for the cameraman to count down with his fingers and knowing that this speech was likely to be seen on screens around the world, President Fu said a prayer for strength and guidance before taking in a deep breath and readying himself for the moment that the camera light turned green.

"Greetings my fellow citizens of China and to those of you across our shared world. I address you today from Ziguang Hall here in Zhongnanhai in order to have a frank and honest discussion with you all. In recent days and weeks we, as a global community, have witnessed with absolute horror the actions of the government in Ankara regarding threats to their neighbors. These actions are inexcusable for a modern nation. While we have earnestly pursued peace, and still are more than willing to host future talks, we will not sit on our hands and allow for the destabilization of an entire region that is of vital importance to China and the entire world. As such, following a call with the Syrian Prime Minister and others, the People's Republic of China will be sending forces to Syria in order to ensure that no military adventures are carried out in that region by Ankara.

Let me be clear, if Ankara continues on this current path of revanchism and destabilization, then China will respond in conjunction with our friends and partners in the Middle East, Europe, and elsewhere. To the President of Turkey and the entire Turkish government, we urge you to reconsider this course of action and to return to the table. There is already enough senseless death and violence, do not add to it. Do not allow your people to suffer but instead work with us, the global community, to address concerns that you have. We want to partner with you in peace, not face you in battle. But if you choose that path, if you attack your neighbors unjustly and in anger, then we will respond shoulder to shoulder with Europe, the Middle East, and others. The choice is yours and I sincerely pray you choose wisely.

To my fellow citizens of China, we have long embarked now on this great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. An effort that is necessary and good. As part of this rejuvenation, we must now shoulder the responsibilities of world power. We do not seek to interfere in other nations, but when those nations threaten our vital interests and those of the whole globe, then we as a nation will act in a manner indicative of our position as a responsible world power.

To our friends in Europe, the Middle East, and elsewhere, know that China stands with you in this matter. Again we desire peace and are more than willing to host more talks, but China will not allow these actions to continue unchecked. We urge others across the globe to join us in this position before it is too late. Thank you.

May God bless you all, may God bring peace, and may God bless China and its citizens."

As the camera blacked out, the Chinese flag sat fluttering on screen as an excerpt of the National Anthem was played before regular programming resumed.

Beijing, China
June 1, 2022

Following yesterday's press conference from President Fu announcing the first major deployment of Chinese forces outside the immediate neighborhood of China, the Chinese State Council voted to increase the Chinese military budget to 760,590,000,000 USD and to peg the defense spending to 3% of GDP for the next 10 years. Shortly following this announcement, the Chinese Defense Ministry announced that it would be increasing purchases of Y-20 and YU-20 aircraft to "greatly increase the ability of the Chinese Military to conduct missions anywhere around the globe that is required." This comes as aircraft lovers in China have noticed a steady stream of Y-20 and other transport aircraft departing from military bases and reportedly heading to Syria as promised by President Fu.

In other news from the Defense Ministry, it appears that a new Special Forces Unit, named the "42nd Youxia Regiment" will be created as soon as possible. This unit will, unlike current SOF units, not be tied to a specific region but instead be based out of a dedicated Special Operations Center and will conduct a role very similar to the U.S. 75th Ranger Regiment.

On the water, we have received reports that a task force led by the PLANS Liaoning is being prepared to sail from China to the Chinese supply base in Djibouti. The exact makeup of this fleet is not yet known but insider sources say that it is being prepared with as much speed as safely possible to head to the region, possibly in case action against Turkey becomes reality.

Co-Write Between Syria and China

West Building, Zhongnanhai, Beijing, China

President Fu prayed in his mind as he waited for the line to Damascus to connect.

With the sudden buildup of Turkish nationalism and tension, there was significant concern that Syria could also be a target.

Hearing the line connect, President Fu smiled as he said “Hello, can you hear me?”

Prime Minister Tawfiq nodded, before remembering that this was a phone call and the Chinese president couldn’t see her. “Yes, perfectly, Mr. President. How may I help you?”

“Well, Prime Minister, I’m sure you and your nation have been monitoring the situation with Turkey? To be frank, how concerned are you that they might target your nation?” President Fu replied.

Tawfiq shifted uncomfortably in her chair. “We have been watching Turkey with great concern. Those Kemalist brutes have already displayed their disregard of the wellbeing of my citizens within their country. Should war break out…I fear another genocide. Not to mention, we have a mutual defense pact with Greece and Armenia. Or rather, it hasn’t been ratified yet, but in principle, my government will honor it if Turkey attacks. And they will respond, undoubtedly.”

“That is very concerning. Let me get straight to the point then, we are fed up with the Turks. And we will not allow them to invade your nation, and potentially others like Israel, Iraq, Lebanon, etc as some sort of revanchist plot. We are willing to send to you our Siberian Tiger Special Forces unit to embed with your forces along with a few drones to be operated out of your country by our forces. This would be an immediate stop gap, should Turkey invade, we are sending a naval contingent to our base in Djibouti and putting our 43rd Airborne Division on readied alert to deploy. Would Syria be open to this and allowing our forces access to your nation. Perhaps basing out of the Deir ez-Zor Airport primarily and using it to ferry in our forces?” President Fu replied

Tawfiq thought about it. “My government will assent to hosting your forces. Consider Deir ez-Zoe Airport at your disposal. I shall notify our Defense Minister so that preparations may be made to host your 43rd Airborne Division at the airport’s military section. I hate to push for more, Mr. President, but our armed forces desperately need to replenish our stock of air defense and missile defense systems, and the ammunition to go with them. Our Air Force is no match for Turkey’s. The Russians are focused on their own petty war of adventure, and my Cabinet is adamant that we avoid even the appearance of violating Western sanctions, and I am in agreement. Can your government spare any systems, and provide trainers?”

“Let me see what we can do. We can certainly included AA systems with our forces that can be set up to be run by Chinese troops to defend your airspace if that is acceptable to you. Selling systems outright might take a bit more time however.” President Fu replied.

“I believe that is a more timely solution, President Fu. We will allow your government to position those systems and the troops to man them within Syria,” Tawfiq agreed.

“Very good to hear. Can we also assume permission for manned air units to move into Syria should Turkey invade?” President Fu replied.

“Yes, of course. Assuming war does break out, I would not recommend positioning those units in the north. The Turks would likely seek to cripple any capabilities there first. The al-Dumayr Military Airbase in Damascus and the Hamdan Military Airbase in Deir ez-Zor might be better situated,” Prime Minister Tawfiq recommended.

“Thank you. I will instruct our military to cooperate closely and in tandem with yours. I will also place calls to other nations in the region. I fear that this Ankara might seek the oppression and genocide of Jews, Arabs, Kurds, and anyone else who is not a Turk. China will not sit idly by and allow this to occur. We want and pray for peace, but we will not roll over.” President Fu replied.

“Thank you, Mr. President. We are in agreement on that front. Should Turkey decide to invade my country, I have instructed our ambassador in the Arab League to call for an emergency session to activate our mutual defense clause. It might not amount to much, but let’s see how Turkey enjoys its civilian ships being closed off from the Suez Canal. Perhaps some of our more well-funded Arab neighbors might even bother showing up to the battlefield,” Prime Minister Tawfiq mused.

“Indeed. This is truly a crisis that the world must face. Now, lastly if war breaks out can we assume we have permission for our navy to enter your territorial waters and dock at available ports?” President Fu replied.

“I’m not sure how feasible it would be for your navy, due to how our naval bases are centered around our rather meager fleet, with the sole exception of Russia’s base in Tarsus. If your navy is somehow able to approach our waters, we can try to accommodate them, but I can’t promise that the infrastructure will be there to support your vessels. They will be welcome in our territorial waters, of course,” Prime Minister Tawfiq stated. (edited)

“Indeed. This is simply if necessary and able. Well, thank you for taking the time with me Prime Minister. If that is all, I shall get things rolling. God bless you and your people. I truly pray that Turkey does not cross the proverbial Rubicon on this.” President Fu replied.

“Yes, I believe so. Thank you, Mr. President. Let us hope it does not come to war, but should it erupt, I will be honored to call you a friend,” stated Prime Minister Tawfiq.

“Likewise, you have a good day my friend.” President Fu replied before hanging up.

Co-Write Between Israel and China

President Fu prayed in his mind as he waited for the line to Jerusalem to connect. Having just hung up with Damascus, he knew time was of the essence.

Hearing the line connect, President Fu reclined back as he said “Hello, Mr. Prime Minister Lapid my friend, how are you?”

Prime Minister Lapid picked up the phone to answer the Chinese President. "President Fu, I am doing well. How may I help you?"

“I’m doing well all things considered, thank God. Listen, I’ll get straight to the point. The recent actions of Ankara have the world on edge including us. I truly fear that they might take action against Syria and, if they do that, there’s no telling where they’ll stop. We truly fear for the safety of Jews, Arabs, Kurds, and anyone else not of Turkic ethnicity in the region. To that end, we have agreed to send a military presence to Syria to dissuade Turkish invasion and fight back against one if, God forbid, they do invade. I wanted to inform you on this and get your governments position of this move as well as see how we can all work together during this pressing moment.” President Fu replied.

"We too are concerned by current Turkish actions which are destabilizing the region. We are definitely not opposed to a Chinese military deployment to the region, despite our worries of a strong Syria. The pressing Turkish matter must be addressed, although I must emphasize we wish for a peaceful resolution." said Lapid.

“Indeed. We likewise pray for peace but we do not want to be caught on the heels by Ankara. And these forces are of course not aimed at you. Even our air defense being deployed is remaining under Chinese control and operation. Now, can we count on your assistance with intelligence perhaps?” President Fu replied.

"I understand completely. We are more than happy to help provide intelligence, but unfortunately we cannot provide any other military support. I cannot put Israel in Ankara's crosshairs unnecessarily, since we already have far too many adversaries." replied Lapid.

“Of course, I wouldn’t want you to place yourselves in anymore danger. Thank you my friend. Now, was there anything you wished to discuss?” President Fu replied.

"I have nothing else. Thank you very much for consulting with me, and may peace prevail." said Lapid.

“Absolutely, we will stay in touch. The Chinese military will stay in communication with your forces. God bless you, your nation, and your people my friend.” President Fu replied.

Co-Write Between Lebanon and China

Hanging up the phone with the Israeli Prime Minister, President Fu relaxed for a moment as the staff secured a line to Beirut.

Saying a prayer before reviewing the recent news coming from Lebanon, President Fu rubbed the bridge of his nose before setting the papers down.

Hearing the line connect, President Fu reclined back as he said “Hello, Prime Minister Hariri, how are you?”

Hariri was stressed; the role of the president has fallen to him, and with it, every problem that came with it. He was sitting at his desk, head down, just trying to overcome the migraine he was experiencing when a call came through.

“President Fu; I wish I could say things have been well, but I’d be lying to the both of us.” He gave a slight chuckle.

“Indeed, Mr. Prime Minister. Firstly I wanted to say that China is here to help during this time. If you need more aid or the like please just reach out. However, more to the point, we are greatly concerned about what Turkey is planning. Concerned enough that we are going to deploy military units to Syria to, Lord willing, ward off an attack by Ankara but, at the very least, ensure that Syria and the region has a chance to survive” President Fu replied

"Yes; we've heard about the increase in Turkish Aggression. However, we've been paying little attention as there are more pressing matters for us to deal with at home." He paused before continuing. "We don't support the actions that Turkish Government has taken, nor will that position change in the near future."

“Indeed. Well, I’ve spoken with Syria and we are moving forward with deploying forces to their nation. What I wanted to speak to you on in particular is allowing our forces access to your territorial waters and airspace if necessary. If, God forbid, Turkey invades we are facing a threat to the entire region for anyone who is not an ethnic Turk, I fear.” President Fu replied.

"I would have to speak with the Council and gauge their opinions, but I doubt they'd refuse those requests. However I, personally, am worried about your deployment. While Syria is allowed to let foreign forces in their nation, as any sovereign nation, you can understand the concern of another power deploying forces into the region. Your government, so far, has proven that it cares for the people of the world, but I hope the deployment of forces won't cause more issues, such as others in the past." (edited)

“I understand the concern and it is certainly valid. The primary reason here is simply to, Lord willing, ward off any invasion by Turkey in the first place. And if, God forbid, they do invade it is certainly better that we have forces already on the ground.” President Fu replied.

"If your deployment can keep Turkey from making anymore, reckless, actions, then we'll all come out of this in a better place. As long as it doesn't lead to more destabilization, in the region, you won't hear much complaints from us."

“Of course, that is the exact opposite of our intent. Now, was there anything you wished to discuss?” President Fu replied.

"At this current moment, no. Hopefully peace can return to this region for good."

“Indeed. Well, if you need anything just give us a call. God bless you and your people and may He bring peace indeed.” President Fu replied.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Shohun
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Shohun » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:26 am

Japan Times

Amid Ukraine Ceasefire, Japan Delivers Aid:

Tokyo, May 14th - Shortly after a Chinese negotiated humanitarian cease-fire went into effect, several dozen JASDF and civilian transport planes were deployed to Ukraine to evacuate civilians and deliver humanitarian aid. According to reports, numerous Japanese citizens have been evacuated from the country, amid calls from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to leave immediately. In a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a spokesperson reiterated the call for a "peaceful resolution to the conflict," vowing to provide aid to Ukraine during the crisis.

This comes as unconfirmed images posted by Ukrainian social media accounts have seemed to show Japanese deliveries of defensive aid to the country, with images showing boxes with Japanese labels containing Stinger missiles, Type 64 Howa rifles, and ammunition. Additionally, there have been reports suggesting that Japan has donated around 50 unarmed Mitsubishi Type 73 Light Trucks to the Ukrainians. When asked for comment, the Japanese Ministry of Defense stated that it could not confirm that it had sent any military aid to Ukraine, but noted that "Japan is sending what it can to support the Ukrainian cause."

JGSDF Conducts Successful Test of HVGP:

Tokyo, May 23rd - After weeks of waiting following the announcement by the JSDF, the JGSDF announced a successful test of the HVGP (Hyper-Velocity Gliding Projectile). In the statement released by the JSDF to the press, the HVGP successfully struck a moving target with a dummy warhead east of Hokkaido, representing "a new age of Japanese defensive capabilities." While the statement did not specify an exact date, the JSDF announced it would soon deploy the first of the missile systems made by Mitsubishi, marking a new advanced capability for the JSDF. According to a stats sheet released by Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency, the missile is capable of a range around 300 to 500 km, and able to reach speeds around Mach 5. Several military commentators noted that the missiles would be a new capability against hostile surface combatants or even hostile bases.

When asked by reporters if this was a response to increasing Russian aggression in Ukraine and across the Pacific, the claim was categorically rejected by a Ministry of Defense spokesperson. "Our technological developments in our defense capabilities are not aimed at any neighbor, only those who seek to cause harm to Japan or destabilize the world's rules based order should have any fear."

Prime Minister Kishida Makes First PM Visit to Takeshima, Announces Peace Deal With S. Korea:

Tokyo, May 24th - Earlier today Prime Minister Kishida made a surprise visit to the Takeshima Islets to tour the islets for the first time and to review the JSDF forces stationed there. During his trip, the PM inaugurated the newly rebuilt lighthouse, to be manned by the Japan Coast Guard. In addition, PM Kishida reviewed the JSDF and JCG garrison deployed there, personally handing out medals for the troop's "meritorious service."

During this trip, carried out under high security, PM Kishida gave a speech to reporters indicating future goals and announcing the monumental peace deal achieved with Seoul. In his remarks, PM Kishida stated that the Takeshima would forever be Japanese, and that he intended to bring legislation to the National Diet that would "effectively prohibit the release of any Japanese territory from Japanese administration." The Prime Minister hailed the JSDF's achievements, praising the force as the "honorable defenders of Japan and peace."

Announcing the peace deal, brokered by Chinese and American mediation, PM Kishida told reporters the following:

"I am very proud and honored to announce that effective yesterday, a peace deal was officially signed between Japan and South Korea. The deal, for which we have long awaited these past five years represents a momentous victory for which all of Japan celebrates. As part of its provisions, mutual diplomatic recognition will be granted and and limited trade will be resumed. We will receive $2 billion in aid from China to cover damages as well. Despite our struggles these past few years, the Japanese people and the rules based order have emerged victorious."

The Prime Minister went on to note that the struggle was "not over yet," confirming future peace talks were being discussed and noting that "Korean aggressions still persist." Kishida warned South Korea to not cause any trouble, noting that he is "fully prepared" to initiate the "second stage of our maritime operations" at any sign of aggression.

The announcement has been hailed in Japan with spontaneous celebrations on the streets and an our pouring of support. In a survey conducted recently, Kishida's approval rating had been boosted to 73% after the Special Maritime Operation, with one pollster speculating the Kishida's approval rating could go "into the 80s or 90s with the latest peace deal."

Foreign Ministry Slams SK Trial of Former Official, Says Peace Deal 'Imperiled':

Tokyo, May 26th - After the South Korean comparison of Turkish President Kılıçdaroğlu to wartime Japanese PM Hideki Tojo, relations have been on edge, with the Minister of Foreign Affairs slamming the comparison as "unnecessary" and "inappropriate." But the situation has boiled over after the South Korean conviction of ex-President Park Geun-hye for treason, on grounds that she had previously supported Japan.

The move has been widely condemned across Japan as "political persecution," with Minister of Foreign Affiars Hayashi panning the move as "deliberate repression of political opponents." In a statement released by the Prime Minister's Office, the conviction represents a "deliberate message to Japan contrary to the current peace deal." The PM slammed the move as "regression of relations," and a "direct violation of the fragile peace deal." In his statement Kishida noted that "In the peace deal, Korea affirmed its commitment to peace. Yet the Korean side continues to antagonize Japan and destabilize relations. We will not tolerate this aggression."

Kishida finished his statement warning that the peace deal was "seriously imperiled," and that if Korea did not hold to its commitments, the "resumption of hostilities" would be "devastating." He went on to warn that if Park was not released soon, Japan would respond to the "threat to democracy and freedom of speech in Korea."

Nippon Kaigi Calls on Government To Assert Sovereignty Over Ullengdo and Jeju:

Tokyo, May 27th - As tensions heat up again between Tokyo and Seoul, the Nippon Kaigi organization has made an official call to the government to "reassert Japanese sovereignty over Matsushima and Saishu." Responding to those calls, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that the proposal would be "seriously considered" especially if the new peace deal broke down, noting "historical claims" to the islands.

Custom House
Shanghai, China
May 23, 2025

Co-Write

Wu Ping, Director-General for Asia in the Chinese Ministry of Foreign affairs stood just outside the entrance to the historic Custom House in Shanghai.

Accompanied by a myriad for aides and a small gathering of press who would remain outside the meeting itself, the Director-General waited for the delegates to arrive and prayed that progress would be made here today.

Akio Isomata, Consul-General to Shanghai arrived at the Customs House and greeted the hosts. "The State of Japan extends its utmost gratitude to the People's Republic of China for hosting these important and historic talks. I pray for a speedy solution to the current crisis."

Lee Tae-yong, the South Korean Consul-General to Shanghai, arrived at the Customs House. He reached to the hosts and greeted them. "My people prays that these talks would end well", he said to the hosts. "There would be darker times awaiting us all."

“Indeed. Well, we truly pray that we can come out of this with some sort of deal. The damage done to the world economy and shipping has been…. brutal to say the least.” Ambassador Wu replied before leading them inside.

Entering the prepared conference room, the Ambassador sat down before continuing “Shall we start with a simple agreement, both of you will release a statement committing to not conducting any acts that can threaten international shipping.”

Isomata nodded. "That can be done easily enough, but my understanding of the situation is that we are here to bring peace to the region by coming to a common consensus regarding Japanese and Korean relations, not serving the interests of the international community. It does us no good to make such a pledge only for hostile aggressions to restart the conflict. A just peace will put any threat to international shipping to rest. That is why I am authorized to propose a straightforward peace deal, where both nations agree to return diplomatic recognition and trade, with no concessions being forced for either side, for the most effective peace arrangement."

“Indeed. That would be most preferable. So your proposal would be a clean peace? Leaving things as they stand for now in order to resume business as usual if you will.” Ambassador Wu replied.

"Yes, that is our proposal. No conditions, just peace via restoring diplomatic relations and trade. I believe it is a more than generous offer considering the circumstances." replied Isomata.

“It would indeed go a long way to alleviate the crisis that the world itself is now facing from this. Does the Republic of Korea believe, given the circumstances, that this would be appropriate at this time?” Ambassador Wu added.

James Heller, the U.S. Consul-General to Shanghai, would enter the meeting room at the Customs House. He greeted the various representatives cordially, before taking his seat at the table. Putting on an earpiece for translations and pulling out a special notebook, he would begin quietly listening.

"Sure", Lee agreed. "However, the restoration of both diplomatic and economic relations is impossible given that President Cho despises Japan for the latter's past actions against our people. There would have to be some loophole in this matter, which could allow peace to prevail."

“What do you suggest then? Please, let me remind you that what has occurred here is now endangering the entire world. So please, keep that in mind. I’m sure even our American partners agree on this.” the Director-General replied.

Isomata nodded in agreement with the Director-General. "I believe this is a very rational and unbiased approach to permanently end the current conflict. Japan will accept nothing short of the full restoration of diplomatic and economic relations. There must be no 'loopholes' which foster an environment where conflict will be resumed."

Heller spoke quite softly. "The United States believes that the best and most cordial way to approach this is by willingly and sincerely approaching each other while ensuring that each side is willing to hear the other out. We have to be ready to make compromises, because peace is, of course, our top priority."

“Indeed. That is why we believe that the first goal here needs to be a deal that ensures neither side will use force to settle any further disputes. Can we agree to that?” the Director-General replied.

"Agreed", Lee said.

“And does Japan commit to the same? I believe you’ve indicated as much but we just want to ensure everyone is on the same page thus far.” the Director-General replied, shifting in his seat and thanking God that both sides seemed willing to play ball.

"To reiterate, I cannot make such promises short of the Korean side agreeing to the full restoration of diplomatic and economic relations. We are on a positive track thus far, but any agreement means nothing if there isn't lasting peace going forwards." replied Isomata.

“Sir, this is not the totality of the deal. This is just a core aspect that both of your biggest trading partners support. I highly encourage Japan to agree to this point. This could help mitigate the absolute devastation that is occurring on global shipping in particular.” Director-General Wu added in.

"Respectfully, I am not disagreeing with this point, provided that is would be clarified. However, I don't believe our aim should be to cater to the international community. By creating the foundations for long-lasting peace, we solve the shipping issue permanently. If we make pledges but still have zero diplomatic relations between Japan and Korea, the solution is temporary to however long it takes to touch off the next escalation." said Isomata.

"I would like to take the step and clarify that global shipping has not been 'devastated.' The majority of shipping in the Sea of Japan is either domestic Japanese, domestic Korean, or going to Russia. Most major shipping routes in Asia do not go through the Sea of Japan, and even in Japan, a party to the conflict, disruptions to shipping currently are minimal. So I believe the focus should be on a simple and just peace."

“Is Seoul willing to, in good faith, reopen economic and diplomatic relations with Japan? You don’t have to be best friends, but both of your actions are not just affecting your two nations.” Director-General Wu replied.

"That is possible", Lee replied. "However, there is one obstacle that we are all aware of. The current government, led by President Cho Dae-jung, demands that Japan takes full accountability for its past actions. It is worth noting that the international community has been condemning Japan lately as we currently speak."

"If the Korean side is not opposed to peace, then it should not oppose the restoration of economic and diplomatic relations. We have already acknowledged past conflicts in previous agreements, in which both of our governments agreed that the settlement was final and that the issue had been officially closed. We are not here to take a history lesson and resolve the Pacific War. We are here to end the current conflict, and get over our past disputes for a brighter future and peace in Asia." replied Isomata.

“Perhaps a compromise then. In the interest of peace, the Republic of Korea will restore full diplomatic and economic ties with Japan and, in turn, Japan will reaffirm its apologies for past historic atrocities in the region and commit to continuing to be a force for peace and cooperation in our region and the world as a whole. In order to sweeten this deal, China is willing to float a 2 billion USD grant to both nations to aid in repairing damages from this conflict. Does this sound agreeable to both Seoul and Tokyo?” Director-General Wu replied, praying the two would see reason.

"It sounds like a good deal", Lee replied. "But there is one thing left. What should we do with Dokdo?"

“Perhaps we achieve this peace, making it clear that neither side will resort to measures previously used, and then we hold either a special meeting to resolve the disputed islands permanently. Or, we can bring this before an international body for review. Whichever you both prefer but it is our position that the immediate concern before the fate of the islands can be permanently secured, we need to secure solid peace and see a restoration of diplomatic and economic relations between both of you. After all, the diplomatic talks over the islands are not likely to be easy nor quick, but that should not prevent a deal on other areas from coming to fruition for the sake of the greater good.” Director-General Wu replied, turning to the Americans, praying they’d back China in this.

"The proposed deal is acceptable. Japan is willing to acknowledge its role in previous conflicts and affirm its commitment to peace in the region, provided that Korea affirm the same commitment to peace. I wholeheartedly agree with the Director-General that the resolution of the Takeshima issue is for another time." said Isomata.

"The United States stands firmly behind China in this. The matter of the Liancourt should be decided int the future by a nonpartisan body capable of making a fair decision, but the initial and most important thing we should achieve is a lasting peace and the return of diplomatic relations between Seoul and Tokyo. We must for the time being put aside non-important issues and focus on peace and global security."

"Okay, I understand your opinions and decisions", Lee replied. "However, this deal might face a lot of obstacles in my home country. President Cho has implemented a so-called "Anti-Japanese Civil Law". It was implemented to strictly regulate Korean-Japanese relations after President Cho had unilaterally terminated Hanil Gibon Joyak during his tenure. This deal might also face strong opposition from both NRP members and their supporters. President Cho might have to choose between keeping his policies and accepting this deal. It could spark a political crisis back home. I am just warning you all about the current situation in my home country, especially with this deal being accepted. We don't want to trigger another crisis."

“Indeed. But perhaps President Cho and the NRP can understand that refusing this very basic deal will cause even more issues when the world sees unwillingness from Seoul to cooperate. Please, this is a very basic deal that we urge you to accept. Speak with President Cho if you must first.” the Director-General replied.

"Director-General Wu makes a strong point here, Mr. Lee. We strongly urge Korea to accept this deal as well. It is a small step towards peace, but it is a step nonetheless. This isn't just for the world and for the global economy, its for the millions of families who would be severely affected by what effects a prolonged war could have. We can't have a repeat of pandemic-era inflation."

"I see", Lee replied. "Even though President Cho is willing to prevent another economic recession and keep the global economy going, he might not be sure about restoring diplomatic ties with a country that he and his family fully despises since WW2. Even I don't know how things would work out. It might be hard to restore diplomatic and economic ties between my country and Japan, especially when Hanil Gibon Joyak was terminated and swiftly replaced by the Anti-Japanese Civil Law. I think it would be a long way for such relations to be fully restored, especially after all the hurt caused by our governments."

“What about restoration at a basic level? We understand you won’t be best fiends but at least having diplomatic communication open and not outright banning economic activity.” the Director-General replied.

"What do you mean by basic level?" asked Lee.

“Have diplomatic relations via a third nation. Perhaps through your embassies in Beijing along with communication between your governments on common areas of interest. For economy, allowing for shipping and trade at least in some sectors between your nations citizens.” Director-General Wu replied.

"That sounds good", Lee replied. "We will see how that plays out."

“Very good. And does this sound acceptable to Japan?” the Director-General replied.

"I would not call diplomatic relations via a third party to be restoring anything, since we are already doing that here today. We will accept nothing short of mutual diplomatic recognition, and the exchange of low level representatives directly in country. While the economical proposal is acceptable, we will not accept any option that allows leeway for easily justifying another conflict in the region." said Isomata.

“What about clear mutual recognition of your governments and a temporary usage of Beijing as your diplomatic hub while other concerns are fleshed out. This does not leave any room for justifying another conflict but it does allow for reasonable time for tensions to cool. To be clear, you would both have full diplomatic communications and recognition of each other.” Director-General Wu replied.

"That would be acceptable, so long as it is the clear and full recognition of our respective governments, which would mean the complete delisting of the Nippon Kaigi political group as a 'terror organization' by the Korean side. We will accept nothing short of it." replied Isomata.

"Delisting Nippon Kaigi could spark outrage from militant NRP supporters", Lee replied. "Also, Nippon Kaigi wasn't designated due to terrorist attacks, but rather because President Cho accused the group of being historically revisionist. But I would do my best to ensure such a deal, as long as it goes smoothly."

“So, you’d be willing to delist it then along with this wider agreement? Again, I don’t think Japan is saying you have to love the organization but just don’t list it unjustly as a terrorist organization in its current form. Well then, do we have a deal folks? Full recognition of governments, usage of Beijing as the temporary physical home hub for your bilateral diplomatic relations. Reopening of at least some level of shipping and trade between your nations at least for citizens. The delisting of the Nippon Kaigi political group as a terrorist organization. Can both sides agree to this?” Director-General Wu replied, hopefully.

"This is all acceptable, however I would ask that all conditions be fully implemented within two weeks of the signature of this deal." replied Isomata.

"This might be acceptable", Lee replied. "Unless President Cho rejects this for some reason. But I hope it works out in the end."

“Can you contact President Cho and get an answer for us please? Before we conclude this meeting. There are phones available if you need them.” Director-General Wu replied.

Isomata shifted uncomfortably. But he had to be assertive. "The Japanese government sees any agreement we sign here today as binding under international law. So we cannot leave any leeway. I must warn, and I would hope it is convincing to the Korean president, but we will not offer such generous terms again. It would be best for everyone if we take this deal, instead of moving closer to resuming the conflict."

"Okay", Lee replied. He proceeds over to one of the available phones and makes a phone call to President Cho Dae-jung.
"What is it?", President Cho asked on the other line.
"Mr. President", Lee replied. "We have recently accepted a deal from China regarding our relations to the Empire of Japan. It calls for the restoration of diplomatic ties between our countries, the delisting of Nippon Kaigi as a terrorist organization and the reopening of at least some level of shipping and trade between our countries. The Japanese government has also promised to take accountability for Japan's past atrocities. Do you accept the deal?"
"I will see if it is possible", President Cho replied back. "As long as our people consent to it."
"Is it a deal?", Lee asked.
"Sure", President Cho replied.
"Okay", Lee replied back before ending the call and going back to the other delegates. "It is a deal."

“Well, we are very glad to hear that. Thank God, we might see peace once more in our region. China thanks both of you for your willingness to come to this peace agreement and we look forward to be of further assistance as necessary.” Director-General Wu replied.

Heller smiled, choosing to speak now after observing from the backgrounds. He was certainly pleased to be finally bringing good news back to Washington. "The United States is glad to hear that both sides have come to an agreement. We only hope that this means a brighter future for Asia in terms of peace, prosperity and unity."

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:26 am

민국일보
May 25, 2025

Something's Really Off About This Peace Deal
SEOUL - PM Fumio Kishida announced yesterday that our countries has reached a potential peace deal. However, this deal sounds really shady to us all. This came just after Kishida made a visit to Dokdo (독도), a group of small islets in the East Sea (동해) that the Japanese Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) had recently captured back in February. During his trip to these islets, Kishida announced the "monumental" peace deal between our countries and then stated that Dokdo is now part of Japan, despite the fact that Dokdo's fate can only be decided by international law.

The peace deal, which has been dubbed the "Shanghai Agreement", recommended the restoration of mutual diplomatic relations between the Republic of Korea (ROK) and the Empire of Japan, the resumption of limited trade, the acceptance of $2,000,000,000 in aid from China and the complete delisting of Nippon Kaigi as a terrorist organization.

President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) made a separate announcement of the peace deal yesterday, although some parts of it have come under fire. Many members and supporters of the National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP) have bashed parts of the peace deal for being "imperialist and regressive", especially the one recommending the South Korean government to delist Nippon Kaigi, a major reactionary lobby group in Japan, as a terrorist organization. One NRP legislator compared certain parts of the peace deal to the Munich Agreement, while another demanded the full return of Dokdo to Korean rule. It didn't help either when Kishida seeks to bring a legislation to the National Diet that would effectively prohibit the release of Japanese territory from the Japanese administration. In response, many NRP legislators have advocated for a similar legislation here that would effectively prohibit the release of Korean territory from Korean administration. Kishida has also warned President Cho Dae-jung to not cause further chaos following the announcement of the peace deal.

Despite this, many South Koreans have felt indifferent to the peace deal. Many opposition parties have commended it as a "big step towards regional peace", while some NRP supporters described it as a "way to prevent total chaos following the Dokdo Incident". President Cho's approval rating seems to have not decreased due to the Korean people putting their fate into him, regardless of any defeat or mistake.

민국일보
May 26, 2025

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH JAPAN?!
JAPAN - The Empire of Japan has completely gone nuts recently. After ex-President Park Geun-hye was found guilty of treason by the Seoul Loyalty Court two days ago, the Japanese government has started to act pretty insane by accusing the South Korean government of "imperiling" the Shanghai Agreement, a recent peace deal that was reached between our country and Japan in China. The Japanese government has bashed the conviction as "political repression", despite the fact that Park's trial is a domestic case and shouldn't involve foreign governments. PM Kishida has accused the South Korean government of continuing to "antagonize Japan and destabilize relations". He also demanded Park's release. Members of the ruling National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP) bashed the outrage, while the People Power Party (국민의힘/PPP) used this as an opportunity to launch protests in support of Park.

President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) has apparently made efforts to safeguard the Shanghai Agreement by any means necessary. He had announced today that he would delay Park's sentencing and request opinions from other governments. To safeguard the Shanghai Agreement, President Cho has announced that Park will neither be sentenced to life imprisonment or death. Instead, she would be given a softer and humane sentence. This might refer to her potential banishment to Japan, which many NRP members have described as a humane punishment. However, PPP supporters bashed the plan and advocated against banishment. Some NRP members have recommended against banishment in favor of Park getting fined and potentially banned from holding political office in the near future.

It is unknown how this situation would end, but the government will do everything to safeguard both regional peace and Korean independence.

민국일보
May 27, 2025

Japan Is Now Demanding Ulleungdo And Jeju!!!
JAPAN - Just as President Cho Dae-jung (NRP) has been doing everything to safeguard peace between our country and the Empire of Japan, the latter has now decided to put territorial claims on two Korean islands. Those islands are Ulleungdo (울릉도) and Jeju Island (제주도). This recent advocacy was made by Nippon Kaigi, a reactionary lobby group in Japan that the South Korean government was supposed to delist as a terrorist organization following the announcement of the Shanghai Agreement. Japan has started to refer to both Ulleungdo and Jeju Island as Matsushima and Saishū, respectively. This move was believed to be a response to a recent debacle surrounding ex-President Park Geun-hye, who has just been convicted of treason by the Seoul Loyalty Court. That debacle caused President Cho Dae-jung to do everything he can to safeguard the Shanghai Agreement, which includes deciding a softer sentence for Park, who has been deemed a chinilpa by most South Koreans.

The decision by Japanese nationalists to lay territorial claim on both Ulleungdo and Jeju Island has sparked outrage among both members and supporters of the ruling National Republican Party (국민공화당/NRP). Yoon Eun-young (NRP), a prominent nationalist legislator serving in the House of Representatives (민의원), has started to advocate for a legislation that would prohibit the South Korean government of releasing Korean territories to foreign powers. Such legislation would prevent Japan from annexing both Ulleungdo and Jeju Island. Also, the territorial claim on Ulleungdo may be very offensive since it had been the site of an explosion that killed three workers, injured numerous ROKN personnel and damaged a military ship three months ago.

In light of this debacle, many NRP supporters began to organize anti-Japanese protests across South Korea with the help of Anti-Japanese Action (반일행동/AJA). The protests were later joined by other groups and individuals affiliated with the Hyeongje (형제) movement, including the New National Participation Party (국민참여신당/NNPP), the National Revolutionary Workers' Party (민족혁명노동당/NRWP), Jeongugsaenghoe (전국애국학생회) and Seo Kyoung-duk.

Meanwhile, the Japanese territorial claim on both Ulleungdo and Jeju Island has also sparked outrage from left-leaning South Koreans, including members of the Progressive Party (진보당/PP), whose leader, Kim Jae-yeon (PP), bashed the Japanese government for continuing with its imperialist agenda despite our countries having reached an agreement. The PP was later joined by both the People's Democratic Party (민중민주당/PDP) and Hanchongnyon (한총련).

The protests were, however, met with counter-protests from chinilpa groups such as the Democratic Party of Korea (더불어민주당/DPK), the Justice Party (정의당/JP), the People Power Party (국민의힘/PPP), the National Democratic Peace Party (민족민주평화당/NDPP), the Patriotic Party of Korea (애국당/PPK) and the Korea Human Rights Foundation (KHRF). Ilbe Storehouse (일간베스트 저장소), a notorious pro-Japanese Internet forum, has launched a new smear campaign against President Cho Dae-jung and his supporters. One of its users praised PM Kishida and described the Japanese as "true patriots". Such remark was rightfully condemned by the NRP and its allies, with one local NRP member in Seoul demanding the immediate shutdown of Ilbe Storehouse.

Our Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kwak Sang-ryong (NRP), was quick to condemn Japan for laying territorial claim on Ulleungdo and Jeju Island. He called upon the international community to condemn Japan's recent move and safeguard the Shanghai Agreement.

New History Textbooks To Be Shipped Overseas
SOUTH KOREA - Seo Kyoung-duk, the head of the Patriotic History Supervision Committee (애국역사감독위원회/PHSC), has given green light to the potential shipping of new Korean history textbooks to various Korean schools across the world (excluding North Korea and Japan). This move was a response to Japan's decision to lay territorial claim on both Ulleungdo (울릉도) and Jeju Island (제주도). The history textbooks are expected to be exported overseas once shipping operations can fully resume.
Last edited by Arvenia on Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

IEC Turkiye
Civilian

Founded: Oct 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby IEC Turkiye » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:50 am

Turkiye Today

Anti-War Protests sweep across Turkey as opposition parties protest war with Europe
May 29, 2025

As Turkiye continues with its process of issuing orders for mobilization across Turkiye, there has been increasing protests and opposition to the call-ups with many citizens expressing their desire to work with European partners rather than against them.

“Europe is not our enemy! Europe is not our enemy!”

“We won’t go! We won’t go!”

These cries were heard all across Turkey with nearly 3,000 men assembling in Ankara. These are the men of Turkiye who are either being called up or due to be called up. Tens of thousands of men have refused to answer the call of their country and have taken to the streets. The Mobilized Army, as they call themselves, are showing their displeasure at the current government which, they believe, has forced them into an unnecessary war.

“This is not about lack of patriotism.” One man who refused to identify himself to reporters said. “We all love our country. We all are willing to fight and die for Turkiye. However, we will not be sent into a futile war against Europeans. They are not our enemy. This is not about Cypriots anymore. This is not about our freedom and security. This is a suicide mission. Now even China is sending soldiers? We cannot fight the whole world!”

This view has been echoed by the Women’s March that saw nearly 1 million women take to the streets of cities like Ankara and Istanbul, protesting the sending of their sons, husbands, and fathers to the front.

“They are sending our men, our husbands and sons, to fight a war that we never asked for.” one women, who only identified herself as Nadia, said to our reporters. She said that her husband had already been issued his mobilization orders. “We have seen what war looks like in the modern day. Look at Ukraine! Look at their bombings and their war! It is destroying their country. We will not end up the same as Ukraine with American and German tanks rolling through Istanbul. We will not allow ourselves to be bombed for a war we did not ask for!”

Turkish national and local police have been called in to suppress the protests, with several members of the public being arrested for disturbing the peace and failure to report to processing

President Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu addresses the nation amidst growing dissent towards the recent mobilizations
May 30, 2025

President Kılıçdaroğlu made a public address today in which he clarified the terms of the mobilization which, according to many reports, have failed to achieve their full mobilization due to many thousands of Turkish men refusing to answer the call. While some of these shortages have been met with surges in volunteers from nationalist Turks, there are still major concerns from the Armed Forces of Turkiye over the lack of forces necessary to defeat the Armies of the European Union. The President attempted to address these concerns and walk back certain statements.

“We are not preparing to invade Greece.” Kılıçdaroğlu said in the press conference. “We are preparing for a possibility. We cannot allow ourselves to remain unprotected when we are seeing violent discontent from our so-called NATO and EU allies. They have refused to entertain potential agreements concerning Cyprus and moved first in sending in naval squadrons and other formations that threaten to invade us. Our mobilization orders are simply to ensure that our borders are secured. Our mobilization orders are only for the self defence of Turkiye and not for an invasion of anyone. We continue to ensure that all dialogue options remain open and that a settlement regarding Cyprus can be met.

“Our forces will continue to move into positions to meet the European attacks should they come. We will not back down in the face of international threats. Our forces are now fully secured and fully prepared and we are ending the mobilization orders early as we have met our full capacity of soldiers necessary for the defence of our nation’s borders at this time. We should only expect further mobilizations should the Europeans invade or should the Americans invade. However, we have currently no plans on issuing any orders that would result in conflict.”

The statement has done little to appease any party, with many showing significant concerns over the threat of war still coming and many nationalists feeling somewhat betrayed by the perceived weakness of the government.

Observers have also noted that the First Army of Turkiye remains on high alert, with more units being attached along the Turkish borders with Europe and other units have been organized along the Turkish coastlines to protect against a naval invasion of the mainland. Turkish forces on Cyprus remain on high alert, and 2 battalions of the Second Army are reported to be en route to the island.

President Kılıçdaroğlu announces new talks with Russian President Sergei Kiriyenko
June 1, 2025

Two nations, both locked in significant conflicts and both seen as enemies of Europe, have come together to form a basis of a new agreement of understanding.

The call between Kılıçdaroğlu and Kiriyenko happened shortly after the failed talks between Europe and Turkiye and President Kılıçdaroğlu has announced the settlement as “progress” towards securing “our independence and security along our borders”.

The agreement entails significant changes to Turkiye’s foreign policy, including new efforts to resolve the crisis between Armenia and Azerbaijan, with Turkiye agreeing to mediate and stop its support of Azerbaijani aggression in the region, including opening the possibility of increasing trade in the region with Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Russia in the hopes of increasing trade and allowing for better more positive relations to develop in the region.

Kılıçdaroğlu also stated that he and his nation would be making a statement of non-aggression towards Syria as a result of their talks with President Kiriyenko.

“We have no quarrel with our southern neighbor and we support the new, independent and democratic government that is in power in Syria. There is no threat of a Turkish invasion of our southern neighbor and we are taking active steps to resolve the migrant crisis and I hope that we can resolve the crisis and create better, more positive relations with our Syrian brothers to keep security in the region.”

Beyond this, Kılıçdaroğlu has also stated that Turkiye may consider changing its position regarding Novorossiya, however, that such actions would have to come through significant investigation and the following of international law. “We cannot recognize what does not exist” he said, “but should the territory of Novorossiya follow the proper procedures under international law, including the holding of referendums, there could be a change on the matter, including the recognition of its independence.”

In return, President Kiriyenko announced that sanctions against Turkey would be halted and that Russia would be “evaluating” the North Cyprus crisis pending a “internationally certified referendum” in the region and a formal peace agreement with Cyprus. President Kılıçdaroğlu has welcomed an international certification of the referendum and has invited the OSCE, CSTO, and UN to begin the process of a certification for the process recognizing the “will of the people”.

President Kiriyenko, for his part, stated that “The situation in North Cyprus must not end by a return to the status quo. There are many avenues that will allow for a peaceful end to the crisis and the proper protocols can be achieved and the military occupation of North Cyprus can come to an end.”

The agreement has been met with strong mixed reactions within Turkey, with many of the pro-European factions decrying the move as “getting in bed with the devil” while other nationalists feel it as a betrayal of Turkish ideals by abandoning their ally in Azerbaijan. Others have welcomed the move as providing security against their southern and eastern neighbors, ensuring that at least two of their borders are now secured against invasion.

“We are no longer fearful of a Russian invasion or a war with Armenia or Syria. We have no threats against them and no desire to pursue war against them. We, instead, are focused on now entirely on securing peace with our European neighbors. Turkey is now in a more secure position than we have ever been.” Kılıçdaroğlu said.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:01 am

IEC Post - Global Financial Crisis 2025

Global Financial Crisis deepens as Russia invades Ukraine, World Bank announces new “Global Recession”
May 13, 2025

In the aftermath of the largest military invasion on European soil since World War II, seeing nearly 300,000 combined forces from the Armed Forces of Belarus, Russia, and Novorossiya, as well as members from the Russian National Guard and its private paramilitary wing, Wagner Group, the world’s economy took another serious hit as investors reacted strongly to the growing instability in the world.

European markets opened deeply in the red on May 10th and 11th, with several nations shutting down trading on both days in an attempt to prevent a wholesale run on stocks. The TSX of Canada also shut down soon after opening on May 10th. The impact from this and from the already existing financial crisis has already caused major losses for many international corporations and several have already declared bankruptcy as a result of the loss of liquidity and the still reeling shocks to the supply chains due to the collapse of trade from Ukraine and from South Korea.

With Turkish forces preparing for yet another conflict against Greece, the world’s economy will continue to see instability when it needs stability the most. Unless there are breakthroughs in peace talks in Asia, Europe, or the Middle East, it is likely that the world’s globalized economy will continue to see massive losses and more companies will be forced to shut their doors for good.

Lawrence Thompson, Senior Economist at the World Bank, has said that this downturn is “the worst since the Great Recession”.

“It is clear that we are facing a global decline as a result of these disruptions to the global supply chain. We are seeing them in sectors from agriculture to high tech manufacturing and even in energy sectors. So, yes, in many ways this is significantly different from the 08 recession which came about as a result of illiquidity in the US housing markets that had a contagion effect on global markets. However, the results of these impacts are going to be the best comparison for people to understand. We are facing the second recession and people and world leaders need to understand that and need to take actions to ‘right the ship’ as it were.” Thompson said in an interview with BBC on Monday as the stock markets continued their general decline.

Things are not all bad on a global level. Many sectors, have seen green streaks lasting nearly two weeks. These are primarily in industrial sectors, which many investors see as a “safe” option given the general global instability.

Russia faces decline amidst sanctions and worsening global crisis
May 23, 2025

The Russian Government's action early on in the budding crisis has prevented a catastrophic crash but the added burden of Sanctions from the West has made things worse than they otherwise would have been for Moscow.

While the economy is not presently in danger of collapse, investor confidence has been greatly shaken by both the budding recession and the war in Ukraine. This mixture has led to economists predicting a 2% contraction of the Russian GDP over the next fiscal year if the war in Ukraine drags on. Perhaps the bigger issue is the potential loss of the European market for Russian energy products which would really drag down the economy that Moscow has spent decades building.

The far larger concern for the Kremlin will be concluding this war as soon as possible. As of now there is only limited domestic opposition, mostly from known anti-war activists, but if this war starts to drag on, the crowds are likely to grow along with pressure from the West and even allies such as China.

Germany announces new stimulus package in face of economic downturn
May 15, 2025

Chancellor Muller announced a new German stimulus package aimed at supported low-income citizens and to keep the money flow going as the German economy takes a massive hit. As the strongest economy of the EU, Germany faces significant threats to its manufacturing and automobile industries as costs are expected to increase and global sales are expected to slow as a result of increasingly dire shortages of cash flows exist in many of the world’s leading economies.

The stimulus bill will provide short term relief to many German citizens, however, many from the European Bank are calling for more significant actions to protect German industries and the financial sector from collapse. Germany exited the 2008 recession as Europe’s most stable economy and needs to take action that will continue to maintain the Euro and the balance of economic power in the EU, says one EU economist, Etienne Patrice.

“Germany is in a difficult situation geopolitically, but also economically. Europe will be forced to look towards France and Germany entirely, especially since Brexit. There are simply too many variables for Southern European economies to handle. Germany and France will have to rally support around them and rely on support from other richer northern countries such as Belgium and the Netherlands to be their main support.”

European Union faces growing energy crisis as Russia demands rubles for gas and oil
May 20, 2025

The European Union announced a series of sanctions against the Russian Federation due to their invasion of Ukraine. Russia’s invasion was met with widespread criticism from Western nations who decried Russia’s move as both illegal and a crime against humanity. Russia’s reply was to announce that they would no longer accept US currency or the Euro in exchange for Russian gas. The result was a surge in the price point of the ruble, and a resulting surge in price for the supply of natural gas, upon which Europe remains heavily dependent.

The news is not, however, all bad. Thanks to the foresight of Germany, their reliance on Russian natural gas as declined by nearly 20% due to their continued investment into nuclear energy. However, for the EU as a whole, the situation could become dire as the sanctions continue. Should the EU continue to sanction Russia and to sanction Russian exports, Europe could face a significant energy crisis come winter, including blackouts and extremely high energy bills in the midst of a growing recession where many thousands have already lost their jobs and their savings in the stock collapses of April and May. Many EU citizens have protested the Russian move and have called upon the EU leadership to find new alternatives to Russian energy supplies, however, it is unlikely that Europe will be able to make the adjustment from Russian and Eurasian energy to alternative energy suppliers quickly. Such actions can take years to fully take effect and until then and as long as Russia continues to play the game and the EU continues to hold sanctions, Europeans may be in for a long winter.

China invests in massive national programs as trade slums from March-April
May 19, 2025

The Chinese government announced significant new packages designed to stimulate growth in a variety of sectors, including announcing massive new public works programs to build critical infrastructure across the country, employing over 10 million workers in what the Chinese government says will expand. China has also announced new entrepreneurial investment and support initiatives, designed to encourage Chinese investment in domestic growth of their economy.

China has long been reliant on foreign companies using Chinese labour for goods and services. However, as the global supply chain enters its second massive shock in 5 years, President Fu has decided to place the effort on creating Chinese companies to support locals and to compete on the global stage. Both initiatives are designed to create jobs from those at risk of losing them as a result of manufacturing jobs closing and relocating and an attempt to move China from an export-only focused industrial economy into the post-industrial service and tech world.

China’s economy continues to see impacts from the instability from the East Asia crisis, however, as peace talks continue and peace continues to hold, there are signs that China may be able to round the corner quickly and begin to make up for the lost time in the supply chains, helping to alleviate much of problems in the world related to the East Asia Crisis.

Iran faces “mixed bag” as recession strikes, leading economists say
May 21, 2025

Iran, a nation that has suffered under sanctions for many years now and remains relatively isolated from the global markets, faces its own uphill battles, says leading economist Francois Armand.

“Iran can remain relatively unimpacted by the effects of the global supply chains and the Russian invasion and sanctions can prove to be a much needed boost as oil prices rise. However, even Iran is not immune to the effects. Iran still relies heavily on what import partners they do have and as exports from Iran decline, so too does the Iranian economy. It is vital that Iran works to open more markets as quickly as possible. Such actions could greatly improve the conditions of the Iranian economy and provide a much needed boost to the global trade supply.”

Iran has continued to press forward on its nuclear policy, much to the chagrin of the West and its partners and allies in Beijing and Moscow. Iran relies heavily on trade to both nations and has seen reductions in both, however, as sanctions continue to set in on Moscow, Russia will more than likely continue to rely heavily on Iran for foreign goods and services. However, the Iranian economy faces a “bottleneck”.

“Iran can only increase trade and stimulus by so much.” Armand said. “They can only export to a limited number of partners and only a handful of them are high-income nations. Expanding exports to fellow developing nations can only get you so far. Iran needs to diversify their markets and continue to expand their trade network. The EAEU remains their most important trading bloc and while it remains important, it is nothing compared to the markets of the European Union or the United States.”

As of now, the Iranian economy has seen only minor dips in trade and growth, mostly consistent with the drop in imports from Russia and China as a result of the global slump.

Rising debt crisis echoing 2012 sees new panic in Greek markets
May 21, 2025

As the global recession continues to ebb on in much of the world, there are growing fears a a second EU debt crisis centered in Greece as the Greek economy continues to tumble in its second month. With dropping revenues and GDP and rising costs as Greek politicians attempt to maintain their citizens well-being, there are concerns that a continued decline in Greek funds could result in a Greek default on their debt, which would send the Euro and the Greek economy in a freefall.

“As of now”, European Bank economist Natalie DuPointe said in an interview with France 24 on Wednesday, “there is not an immediate concern. However, it is vital that the Greek government and the European Bank and other EU member states take actions to prevent a crisis. Such a crisis could have devastating impacts on the European Union and the Eurozone. Not to mention the global economy as a whole. The EU remains one of the largest and most important economic zones in the world and a collapse in the Euro could have devastating impacts on trade, particularly for industrial and export-focused nations that rely on EU markets for their income. It is important that Greece and other Southern European states take note of this, even with the threat of war from Turkey. In my opinion, this is even a greater threat.”

Growing international crises and recession may have impact on Southern African economies, says SADC economist
May 23, 2025

As Europe, Asia, and the Americas brace for a global recession, there are growing concerns over the impact on the SADC, particularly for the rapidly developing countries of Botswana and Zambia. Zambia, a nation that has made significant progress in the past few decades, remains heavily dependent upon foreign investment and income and has made significant efforts to become a haven for foreign money in Africa. However, as a result of global trade problems and a decline in foreign investment flows from Western Europe and the United States, the southern African economies face significant uphill battles.

“The issue remains, for developing countries, how to attract high-level foreign companies. At the moment, there are serious concerns over how these nations will adapt, particularly as the supply chain of wheat is impacted as a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.” Isaiah Banda, a lead economist with the South African Development Community, said in an interview with the Lusaka Times.

“With the recent efforts of the Zambian government to become a central hub for all of Southern Africa, there are concerns that Zambia could face a serious shortage of foreign direct investment. The Zambian economy needs to continue in its diversification and needs to tackle the issues of the global recession head on.” Zambia has continued to make global partnerships as it develops, including working with Western nations and nations like China and Russia. These partnerships have so far ensured that Zambia keeps its options open when it comes to foreign investment, however, there remains the issue of the recession and its impacts on the SADC. As Zambia continues to strive to become a high-income nation, the country faces significant internal issues that could be deeply exasperated by the global recession.

Syrian recovery hits snag as global trade and foreign investment slow globally
May 24, 2025

The Syrian economy continues to make progress as it works through the long process of recovery from the decade long civil war that tore the nation apart. This war was exacerbated by the arrival of the Islamic State who captured large swaths of territory and caused international deployments from NATO and even Russia. However, the new government under democratically elected Prime Minister Maryam Tawfiq has made significant efforts to rebuild and reconnect Syria to the world, particularly towards the West and away from Syria’s traditional allies of Iran and Russia under Assad.

This road has recently hit a speedbump as the global economy enters into a recession, slowing global trade and causing many foreign investors to keep their money at home and not in the still unstable Syrian economy. The recent disruptions in the global supply chains caused by the East Asian Crisis and the newest disruptions caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the occupation of Cyprus by Turkey and its general revanchist attitudes have sparked many fears that Syria may be next on the Turkish chopping block with Russia, a nation who has promised to defend Syria, preoccupied with its own war in Ukraine.

These fears have caused a significant downturn in foreign investment, notwithstanding the recent 6 billion dollars given to Syria by China as part of an aid and investment package. However, the investment will not be enough to offset the general decline in foreign money flows into Syria, says Israeli economist Dr. David Mizrahi.

“Syria has long relied heavily on aid packages from the west and from its traditional allies. However, there is only such much one-time investment packages can do to spur long term growth in Syria. There is still significant amounts of infrastructure that needs to be repaired. There are any cities that are operating at less than 50% of its pre-war levels, both in economic output and in total population. Yes, many Syrians are returning home and these returners, many have worked and lived in the West for years, may be able to provide significant boosts to the economic growth. However, as foreign investment pools dry up, particularly as the European Union shifts its focus to dealing with their own economic woes and their geopolitical woes with Russia and Turkey, it places a great deal of pressure on the Syrian economy and they will need to find new ways of attracting foreign investment if they want to continue their development.”

Syria has already seen a decline of 6.5% from its first quarter annual growth of FDI and Mizrahi says Syria should brace for even more declines in its economic outputs.

“Syria’s road to recovery will be a long one and this new global crisis will certainly make that an even longer and slower road unless Syria is able to work with its existing trade partners and allies and create new partnerships, both regionally and globally. Syria fundamentally cannot afford to face inflationary rates and other market contractions that could fundamentally undo all the hard work that Prime Minister Tawfiq has done. With fears of an aggressive Turkey on their doorstep, there are significant issues facing the young democracy.”

An unhealthy mix of internal strife and collapsing global markets a “perfect storm” for Lebanon
May 27, 2025

As Lebanon continues to grapple with its internal security issues and collapsing governmental order, the impacts of the global recession will only make matters worse, says Islamic Development Bank economist Abdel Khoury.

“With so much internal strife at the moment and so much political uncertainty, there exists already too many issues for the Lebanese economy to handle. With the recession hitting the world globally and the impact being felt deeply in Lebanon’s closest trade partners, there are serious concerns of the already problematic issues within the Lebanese economy failing entirely, leading to massive problems for the country.”

Lebanon has already been experienced significant economic troubles dating back to 2019 and such issues remain at large as Lebanese citizens brace for another recession.

“It has only been a 17 years since the last global recession and the Lebanese economy has struggled in its recovery. It is simply not prepared for another one, especially not when there is no political stability and no concentrated effort by the government to address these issues.”

When asked if Lebanon needs to focus on its internal political troubles first or its economic troubles first, Khoury replied, “The issues go together hand in hand. You cannot have political stability without economic stability and you cannot have economic stability without political stability. The government and the people need to address both issues or they may face something far worse, including civil war and total collapse if these are not addressed by the government.”

US faces stagnating economic growth and growing inflation as recession begins to hit
May 27, 2025

The US economy has already begun to feel the effects of the global slowdown. The employment sector has seen its jobless rate grow for the second week in a row, while major companies, particularly those that rely heavily on foreign markets, have seen dramatic reductions in their profits forcing massive layoffs.

“The United States is a behemoth.” Arthur Craddock, a senior economist for the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) said in an interview with CNN. “The US economy has its fingers in many different sectors. That can provide some stability, it can also lead to significant contagion when global markets are affected. As the world’s largest consumer, the United States relies heavily on these global supply chains and we already saw its effect during the COVID-19 Pandemic and we are seeing similar issues and now compounded with radical global instability and recession.

“Needless to say, the United States needs to take corrective actions to offset many of the declines of these sectors and work to repair the damages to the economy and the global industrial supply chain. The United States cannot afford another recovery like the recovery from 2009.”

The Brown Administration has already begun to take actions to stimulate the economy, however, there remains significant work to be done, both legislative and in terms of fiscal policy for the administration and for the Federal Reserve to begin to mitigate some of the deeper pitfalls the United States could see. For Americans, Craddock had only words of concern.

“Things are likely to get worse before they get better, particularly with how much instability the world is facing at this moment with multiple conflicts happening across the world. President Brown has taken quick actions to begin the process of stabilizing the economic downturn. However, there still is more work to be done, I’m afraid. I am not a foreign policy expert, however, we are seeing significant cracks in the world order established by the United States due to Russian and Turkish actions, not to mention the war between two of America’s closest allies in Asia. This could have a radically destabilizing effect on the US economy, particularly as the US debt continues to grow and the economy continues to shrink.”

United Kingdom faces uphill battle in dealing with recession
May 20, 2025

As the UK continues to deal with the death of their King, the economic conditions of the UK continues to weaken as the global recession makes its way across Europe. With tensions running high between Europe and Turkey, as well as the recent Russian invasion of Ukraine, the economies of Europe are being hit hard as a result, particularly as a result of recent return demands by the Russian government.

London, being one of the most important financial centres in the world, took the initial hit from the financial wipeout as a result of Turkish and Japanese aggression and has struggled to regain its footing ever since. This has resulted in conditions similar to that of the United States, with the economy taking a massive shock due to the massive clearing of funds as a result of stock market crashes.

“The UK is facing an uphill battle,” Dr. Laura Sanderson of the World Bank said in an interview with the BBC yesterday. “The hits from Brexit are still being felt today and the recent recession has only exacerbated these issues. The government will have to take significant steps in order to mitigate these losses. With global tensions so unsteady and the UK taking a leading role in this, there are plenty of much needed programs the government needs to consider as it handles these crises and the brewing recession.”

In political turmoil, Armenia faces economic battle as well
May 25, 2025

Armenia faces several threats. One, from foreign enemies such as Azerbaijan. Second, from its own political turmoil dealing with the removal of its former Prime Minister. And now, the recent impacts of the global recession. Combined these have left many foreign investors very wary of the landlocked nation, particularly with their close relationship with Russia.

As sanctions against Russia and its allies are continued to be debated and passed, Armenia faces several significant issues. First is continuing to manage its political crisis and its border crisis with Azerbaijan. Meanwhile, it needs to continue to address the slowdown of global trade and the fracturing of the global systems as a result of American-led sanctions.

“Armenia stands at an important crossroads and is now burdened with carrying the weight of an economic recession, there are many concerns about how well Armenia can handle this.” Ramzan Akheti, an economist for the Eurasian Union said in an interview with Armenia News.

“There are complications due to simple geography and now with internal conflicts, they will need to take decisive actions and rely on their neighbors for increased support during this time. If they cannot improve their political situation and do so rapidly, foreign investors will likely continue to stay clear of the markets in Armenia.”

Turkish economies continues to decline as foreign investors steer clear of the radicalizing nationalist government
May 20, 2025

Despite continued efforts by the Turkish government to stimulate the economy, the government continues to handicap itself from beginning a recovery by its foreign policy actions. Currently, the Turkish economy is under sanction from the European Union and Russia, along with several other nations. This has had a significant impact on the Turkish economy which relies heavily on the EU and Russian markets for goods and exports.

The Turkish government has announced two rounds of stimulus already in the first two months of the crisis, with Turkey taking a proactive step almost immediately after the dust settled on the Liancourt Rocks battle. However, since then, Turkish actions have scared away many foreign investors and many have decided to close their doors for good in Turkey. Or at least until there is a greater sign of stability within the country. As Turkey mobilizes its forces against Greece, the economy of Turkey took another hit, as the Turkish stock market fell by 19% at opening due to fears of an open war against the European Union and NATO.

“While the government may have the support of the people for now, it clearly does not have the support of the investors.” Turkish economist Ahmet Efe Kent said in an interview with Reuters on Sunday. “The economy continues to struggle despite the government’s best efforts. As long as there is threat of war and there remains sanctions, the Turkish economy will continue to struggle as we rely so heavily on Europe for trade. Turkey must find alternative partners in the short term and find ways to encourage investment back into Istanbul and Ankara.”

Economists predict long recovery for South Korea after Japanese and North Korean attacks.
May 26, 2025

As South Korea continues dealing with the aftermath of both Japanese attacks against them as well as the sudden attack by North Korean troops along the DMZ, the South Korean economy has taken several deep hits.

Primarily, as a result of the shock to the global supply chains, South Korean goods continue to be behind on keeping up with international demand and foreign investors are still looking at South Korea warily as they weigh up the country’s position.

“There are many positives for the South Korean economy.” Economist Eun-Kyung Kim said in an interview with KNN last week. “South Korea is a highly advanced economy with massive market shares in the tech industries and manufacturing industries. However, we are facing significant threats to these, as we rely so heavily on exports to so many different nations. We are heavily reliant on these global supply chains and these setbacks have caused significant harm to the South Korean economy.”

As the global recession continues to hit the world, Kim projected that there would be a reduction in the demand for consumer electronics, the kind that South Korea has specialized in.

“There will likely be a reduction of demand, which will have another negative impact on our industries. The government will have to adjust their policies to manage this and to provide for the people during these crises. The supply chains are beginning to return to normal, however, it may be some time before Western nations return to consumer spending as they did pre-recession. Korea will have to adjust.”

Japanese economy still facing impacts of global supply chain shocks and increasing recession-like conditions with the country
May 24, 2025

Japan continues to face criticism and push back from international partners and enemy states alike as Japan continues to face down a growing crisis towards its export industry as the global economy continues to slow down, driving foreign trade and investment down and dropping consumption across the OECD, to which Japan has largely based its export market on.

“Japan is a rich, highly developed country. But it also has a shrinking labour force and growing debt.” Masatsugu Asakawa of the Asian Development Bank said on Monday. “These issues are going to be compounded, as they were in 2008, by the growing recession. Japan managed to endure through COVID and 2008 running a significant loss. Japan will have to manage this as it tries to recover for a third time in 25 years.”

The Japanese economy has seen its market value drop by 10% since launching its attack on South Korea, which some have said is the world market’s condemnation of Japan’s attack. This is particularly noted in many Asian states to which Japan is a large exporter to. However, even in Russia and the West, there has been significant pushback against Japan’s preemptive strike, leaving many investors wary of investing into Japan’s economy, preferring more stable options rather than one that may enter a major war with South Korea.

“There is a lot of geopolitical concerns that go along with this. However, economically, Japan is in a position to recover its balance, however, it needs to take strong actions to correct the market and to attract new firms and industries into the Japanese market, which is becoming more and more difficult since the COVID-19 Era.”

Cuba struggles in its opening of its economy as global recession strikes
May 26, 2025

Cuba has begun its process of opening up its economy more and more in recent months. The moves have been widely praised by economists both far and wide, however, now it appears that the timing couldn’t have been more off.

Cuba has attempted to develop a growing tourism sector, which now, seems somewhat ill-timed.

“There are serious concerns, of course.” Economist Pedro Martinez said in an interview yesterday. “There will likely be less tourists traveling and markets and exports will be down. There more than likely won’t be the large flow of foreign money that the government expected. Not immediately anyways. Cuba will need to take more actions to promote their economic development in order to attract foregin money. However, at the moment, their main concerns will have to be the people that are being affected by the recession.”
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:57 pm

May 30, 2025

‘‘There's No Future Unless We Achieve A Peace-Deal Between Russia and Ukraine.’’ - Emmanuel Macron

Emmanuel Macron addressing the European Parliament, May 30th.

Brussels/Paris- President Emmanuel Macron has once again called for a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine. President Emmanuel Macron back in April and March had held talks with Russian President Sergey Kiriyenko to resolve the outstanding issues between European Union and Russia more specifically Russo-Ukrainian tensions. Macron had also back in March warned the United States and European Union about a looming war and preparations for war by Russia a warning that ominously proved to be authentic and forthright.

President Macron and Chancellor Muller of Germany the de-facto leaders of Europe are pushing for a long-term peace deal between Russia and Ukraine. Chinese mediation helped to broker a short-lived ceasefire between both warring sides but failed short of achieving a long-term peace deal that would have seen some kind of settlement for the future.

The foreign policy of President Sherrod Brown has proved to be flawed, deficient and poor at best. Sherrod Brown of the United States, again and again, turned a blind eye to the upcoming misfortunes in East Asia, the Middle East and now in Europe. China has proved itself to be a more reliable and dedicated peacemaker in the globe and is increasingly taking over the United States as the leading superpower. Thinking about something like this was impossible in previous years but it is the truth and it was the efforts of China that brokered a ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine, mediated in East Asia and many more places across the globe. The United States has proven itself to be an unreliable partner for France and its traditional European partners.

Concerning all this President Macron addressed the European Parliament. President Macron stated this:

We live in a very dangerous world. Once again our great continent is a victim of war and instability. To our East, there is a war raging that has no purpose or meaning except for pure neo-imperialist ambitions. Do not be mistaken the war instigated by President Kiriyenko is illegal and evil but we cannot let this war rage on and let innocents die we must work for peace and try to bring both sides to the table. We are the children of Europe and it's our responsibility to work for the best interests of this continent we cannot allow foreign nations to subjugate us or force us to be a battleground for their self-interests. We have no future unless we can convince Russia and Ukraine to accept a peace deal. And I want to be very clear to President Zelenskyy:

The time is running out we must work for peace.

And to President Kiriyenko:

Stop this war and let us work for a common European goal: Peace.

I also want to address the Turkish President on this opportunity. Turkey has proven that it has no place in NATO and that it's working against Europe to fulfil its neo-Ottoman policies of restoring the Ottoman Empire. Any kind of antagonistic move against any European country would be met with a swift and quick riposte.

Government To Cut Spending By 60% To Further Reduce National Debt And Cut The Budget Deficit: Macron Reluctant To Impose Sweeping Sanctions On Russia.

Emmanuel Macron Addressing The French Parliament On May 20th.

Paris- As geopolitical shock events rock the stability of the whole world there was calm and tranquillity in France. Paris Stock Exchange started in red and dropped points until the government announced its decision to cut back on its spending and stop borrowing. Euro rose as well against USD and GBP after the government announcement.

France and Germany are leading the economical responses to geopolitical shocks such as the Russo-Ukrainian war, the East Asian Debacle and a possible confrontation in the Mediterranean. French Minister Of Economy will hold talks with his German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Belgian and Swiss counterparts to form a strategy that will help other nations mitigate the upcoming crises. Macroonomics has so far proven itself to be successful and had helped France bound back from the COVID-19 pandemic as the fastest-growing economy in Eurozone and European Union.

French Interior Minister also said that France didn't have any shortages of energy and that France is energy-independent since the 1970s. He also said France is open to sharing the surplus with other European nations that require it. He was also of the view that France would be happy to share the energy surpluses with all of the EU until a solution can be found.

Following these announcements, Paris Stock Exchange bounded back even stronger and saw heightened activity and investor confidence boosted. Seeing the first successful European economic activity in European Union since the Russian invasion.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
A Class 0.142 Civilization according to this index.

Yelbland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

June 1st

Postby Yelbland » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:48 pm

Cuba
Election Campaigns Take Over the Streets
The streets of Cuba continue to bustle with the greatest campaigning for elections ever seen in Cuban history, the last (and first multi-party elections were mired in suspicion and fear, with few participants and quiet campaigning. This is a stark contrast to the scene today.

Campaign posters cover the walls of stores, lampposts, and homes. The airwaves of local radio stations and TV have been permitted by the government to allow 30 minutes every 12 hours for equal campaigning of parties. The slot time and security approval ensures all campaigning via radio and TV is patriotic in nature and positive for the grand political culture.

Polling data suggest the Cuban Communist Party continues to lead, with respectable showings from the Cuban Peoples Party and the New Age of Cuba (NAC) Party. Small rally’s have been approved provided they do not exceed 100 people and are monitored by state security services after earning the correct permits.

Other smaller parties continue to garner support but fail to make the same impact, as campaign funding is capped per citizen.

President calls for Calm Amidst Economic Unrest
The President called for calm amongst the people in a presidential address last night.

“We knew this transition to a more advantageous economy for the people would have its challenges, but we will continue to make strides forward. We are privileged to have an amazing healthcare and education system, so we do not struggle to meet the the most basic needs of our people. This is merely a wave caused by the aggression of others. Cuba will continue to modernize while ensuring the rights of the people are preserved.”

Outsiders worry that older leaders in the government will see the global economic crisis as proof of a need to revert to a full command economy. The President has vowed this to be unacceptable and is uncompromising on the matter. With elections coming soon, the world will see what the people of Cuba truly foresee as the future for the island.

Treasonous Officers Arrested
Several junior and senior officers were arrested last week and are being held on charges of treason. The National Security Bureau announced that 11 officers were planning a potential coup against the government before the national elections. The count is 4 lieutenants, 3 captains,2 majors, and a colonel. The men were cited as “conspiring to use their units to storm key government buildings and hold key defense officials and the president under arrest.” Further investigation has revealed a former commander was behind the plot. His name has not been disclosed but his arrest has been accomplished. All will be tried immediately and face death as a possible sentence.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:14 pm

Kursk, Russia
Allied Operational Group of Forces - Ukraine HQ
June 10, 2025

The Security Council of Russia, led by Sergei Kiriyenko had decided it was high time for the Security Council to have a meeting with the commander in charge of the operation in Ukraine. General Vladimir Ilyich was that man. Now, one month into the operation he was getting his first meeting with the Security Council.

Minister of Defence Valery Gerasimov, Intelligence Director Sergei Korolev, Deputy Chairman Nikita Belykh, and Chief of the General Staff Sergey Surovikin were these representatives. It was a meeting at the one-month mark of the war and the senior political staff of Russia was now looking at Ilyich to provide answers on how the military was progressing in its goals for the liberation of Novorossiya.

Their visit, of course, could not be kept secret from the press. Russian news agencies, Chinese new agencies, and even western news agencies had caught wind of it and had circled Kursk like hawks.

For General Ilyich it only merely provided a security nuisance and acted as a minor annoyance. He stood, now, waiting for the arrival of the large group that were making their way up the steps towards the Headquarters building in Kursk. Ilyich, for his part, had along with him General Aleksandr Lapin, commander of the Central Military District and effectively the the main commander under Ilyich in the Donbas and Kharkov Sectors.

The group exchanged soft greetings and made their way back into a large conference centre. There were several maps in this room. Two along one wall and a large one set across the table. The two on the wall marked two detailed maps of both the Southern and Northern sectors of the operation, while the one on the table was a very large detailed map of the entire country of Ukraine. Small dots and insignias marked the location of various Russia, Novorossiyan, Ukrainian, and Belarusian units.

The group of senior military and civilian staff shuffled around the room as they took their seats, some of them engaging in light pleasant conversation. However, as they took their seats the ambiance of the room changed quickly to one of seriousness and military professionalism.

All eyes turned to General Gerasimov as he prepared to open the small dialogue between the senior political staff and the senior military staff of the operation.

“Well, General,” General Gerasimov began, “As you know, the Security Council and the President are looking for an update on the conflict from your eyes. We are also looking to see what needs that we need to fulfill in order for all of our objectives to be achieved in the quickest, yet most sustainable, way.”

“Yes, sir. I quite understand.” Ilyich said.

“Good, then, first can we get an update on combat conditions? It appears that many sectors are still behind on their schedule?” Gerasimov asked, glancing up from a large pile of reports that had been handed out to all of them at the beginning of the meeting.

“Well, yes, sir.” Ilyich said leaning forward. “Many sectors are getting bogged down as a result of stiff Ukrainian resistance. They have been able to mobilize their reserves quickly as a result of already beginning the process before our operation. As a result, we are hitting their incoming reserves faster than anticipated. This has forced us to commit a larger number of reserves earlier than expected in order to achieve breakthroughs at critical points.”

“I see.” Surovikin interjected. “These critical points, I assume you mean Mariupol and Kherson?”

“Yes. Well, them amongst others.” Ilyich said.

“Our forces in the Donbas,” General Lapin said, learning forward looking at Gerasimov and Surovikin carefully. “Are continuing to make significant gains along the southern sector. Mariupol is entirely encircled and we are making strong progress into the city. We are still in the process of reforming the AFN to be of full fighting quality and capacity and their units along the front have been engaging the enemy across the entirety of it. The AFU has been launched a variety of offensives in the region, tying up their forces.”

“Have they achieved any real successes?” Belykh asked.

Lapin shook his head. “Nothing, except tying up DPR and LPR soldiers. They are taking significant losses for minimal gains here and there. We are not concerned about a counteroffensive. At least not in that sector.”

“And of our offensive in your sectors, General?” Gerasimov asked, his eyebrows raised slightly.

“Towards Mariupol, our offensive, as I said, has been quite effective. We should be clearing the city out shortly. In the center, our forces are still not prepared enough to launch any major offensive. Where we have advanced have been local ones and we have achieved several breakthroughs from where we can launch our future offensives towards Severodonetsk and Kramatorsk.”

“Do we have a potential timetable on that operation?” Gerasimov asked. Lapin looked uneasily at Ilyich.

“No,” he began slowly. “At this time we are focused entirely on Mariupol in the south. The operation plan has us advancing here.” He pauses and points down at several points in central Donbas. “Along this front. However, there we are advancing into the teeth of the incoming AFU reserves. Instead, our offensive should come from the southern grouping in the Donbas along with a northern push from the Kharkov and northern Donbas sectors.”

There was a small moment of quiet as the various members of the meeting looked over the map.

“The AFN can continue their push through the center with Russian support. We are continuing to deploy our forces to eliminate their supply centers, air defences, and manpower.” Ilyich continued.

“The Iranian drones seem to be proving well, yes?” Koralev asked. Both Lapin and Ilyich smiled.

“Oh yes, they have been a great boost. Working together with our missile forces, we are continuing to harass the AFU formations and infrastructure. We will need a consistent supply of drones. Including our own. They are proving to be very effective. More Su-57s would also prove most valuable. They have been the workhorse along with the drones in this operation. Our other aircraft remain largely limited in where they can target and mostly flow low level missions. Or are operating in high risk missions and we have taken several losses thus far.”

“Losses that were anticipated.” Gerasimov said.

“Yes, however, we are only able to fly 200 sorties a day. We are achieving full air superiority but are limiting ourselves too much. Being able to eradicate his air defence systems may take some time to fully achieve.”

“I see.” Gerasimov said. He glanced at Belykh. “I am sure we can commit more of our Su-57 aircraft and Su-70s for the time being. As well as increasing the supply of drones and attack drones.”

“How about our other fronts?” Koralev asked, looking back at Ilyich.

“At the moment, the Southern sector has achieved its initial phase goals and has begun forming several lines of defence in the Kherson region and making local advances wherever possible. We are remaining mobile and active and continuing to press our advantage. However until Phase Two, we are maintaining a largely defence posture in the south.” Ilyich said, again indicating the positions on the map.

“Good.”

“In the north, we are facing significant AFU opposition. As I said, they have been able to mobilize their reserves and have moved the 95th Air Assault Brigade into Ivankiv. We are facing bitter fighting there through now and we unfortunately lack sufficient assault groups to handle urban fighting at this stage of the operation in Kiev. We are facing stouter resistance the closer we get to Kiev and the AFB remain largely a static defence. However, their artillery and air defence and air support has been most productive.”

“I see. So this is a call for more troops then?” Gerasimov asked.

“Yes, sir. In the northeast we have made significant progress across open country and can begin to approach Kiev from the east. It will, however, be difficult to cover that much territory with the grouping we have now should Ukraine gain its replacements faster than expected.”

“And with your two pronged Donbas offensive, you can’t spare the troops?”

Ilyich shook his head. “Not if we want both prongs to have sufficient strength. It's not just about troop numbers. It's the artillery and close infantry support that they require. To achieve the strongest breakthrough, we’ll need at least several combat assault groups for both the northern and donbas sectors.”

There was, again, a long moment of silence.

“Our volunteer numbers are rising.” Belykh said slowly. “We are in the process of forming them as we speak. Many of them should be ready in the coming few months. In the meantime, considering our threat with Turkey has diminished, we can most likely spare two or three BTGs from the Southern Military District and replace them with the National Guard.”

There were nods of approval from around the room.

“Good, then we can work on providing that as soon as possible. The Phase Two reserves are still prepared, though?” Gerasimov asked.

“Yes, sir. They are ready to begin the push on the northern prong of the offensive. The southern prong will be ready after capturing Mariupol and having the time to recover its troops.”

“But no timeline?”

“Well,” Ilyich paused for a moment, his hands shifting together slowly. “We are heavily engaged in close combat with the AFU and Azov units there. Movement is slow as to avoid taking high casualties and using air support and heavy bombers to level their positions. Its still slow. It may take two or three weeks to fully secure the city and the plant.”

“So probably not a full offensive for at least a full month?” Gerasimov asked. Everyone looked somewhat uncomfortable, their eyes shifting between Gerasimov and Ilyich.

“Without the reserves, yes, I would say that's reasonable.” Ilyich replied. Gerasimov stared back at Ilyich levelly.

“Very well, then we can ensure you get the sufficient reserves you require for the offensive. AFN has increased their surge of soldiers by a few thousand as well, some of the retrained AFN soldiers can be attached along with the two battalion tactical groups from the Southern Military District to form the remaining core of your southern prong. The timeline for the offensive must be within the original timeframe, general.”

“Yes, sir.”

Ivankiv, Ukraine
June 10, 2025

Pushonov, again, cursed the artillery. It had, yet again, been slow to arrive. They had taken losses due to Ukrainian counter battery fire and the reserves coming in from Belarus were slow and forced to be allocated between several different lines of engagement. Until Ivankiv could be taken, the offensive towards Dymer, where Russian forces were assembling for the push on, and the push towards Kukhari could not be carried out. Meanwhile, the AFB continued to form the bulwark of the defensive line focused on the western approaches of their advance, still battling with AFU formations and holding the line as best as they could while making very little, if any advances. Their views on the matter remained unchanging and, unless Belarus would be willing to send more troops, there was little hope of a larger Belarussian advance at any point.

Pushonov grimaced as he watched his less than full artillery barrage launch yet another strike towards the 95th Air Assault Brigade. The 95th was yet another AFU formation that had been sent to protect the Kiev sector which was now forming quite a significant force of Ukrainians. More, Pushonov thought, that he would be able to deal with.

The AFU formations were still gathering strength however he knew that it wouldn’t be long before they were ready to press in on the front line and launch their own offensive. One that Pushonov would have to face head on. For now, Pushonov had to defeat these new AFU formations.

Their arrival had come at an inopportune time. Their arrival came as Russian forces were storming the city and, with the arrival of the 95th Air Assault Brigade, the assault came against stiff resistance. Now the AFU were holed up in the southern edges of the city and the Russians control the northern and western flanks of the city. The fighting in the city had turned fierce, with both sides unwilling to yield an inch. The Russian forces had been forces to halt their attack to recoup and continue weakening the AFU positions and fortifications with artillery and air strikes.

Pushonov watched as the MLRS and SPGs, and even field artillery pieces, launched their assault on the southern edge of the city which was now crawling with AFU soldiers rapidly digging in as best as they could against the onslaught. Overhead, several Ka-52s streamed by, working in large circles, firing their missiles then retreating back, laying down fire on their fortifications and finding their armour and eliminating it.

Pushonov continued watching the display of firepower as Captain Chaban, one of the men in his battalion and a commander of an armoured company of infantry, moved in alongside him. Chaban looked tired, his unit had been one of those that had made the breach into the city only to be thrown back after significant fighting.

“Looks good to me.” Chaban said slowly.

“Not nearly enough.” Pushonov replied coolly.

Chaban shrugged. “We are continuing to probe the left flank over there. There’s definitely some weakness.”

“Good, then inform the assault teams that they can proceed to find a gap into the city. Our boys fighting there could use the support.”

“Yes sir. And what about me?”

Pushonov looked at him carefully.

“For the time being, we are locked in position. Continue probing the enemy lines extending westward. However, until we can eliminate the reserves of Ukraine, it seems like we may be stuck in this position longer than I would like. But we can’t risk another assault. Not until we can be clear if there are enemy reserves lurking just beyond the city.”

“Yes, sir.” Chaban looked mildly disappointed. Pushonov smiled at him.

“Your company fought like hell in the city. We have fresh reserves able to take the next assault. Let them handle it for now and you work to secure the westward expansion. Ivankiv will fall sooner or later. I don’t want us to lose too many good men doing so. Clear?”

“Clear, sir.”

Mariupol
June 15, 2025

The siege of Mariupol was underway.

The Southern and Donbas Operational Groups had linked at Nikolske on June 5th, blocking the last road out of Mariupol. The two combined forces had then fortified their positions to the north, blocking any attempt of an AFU rescue mission, then proceeded to storm their way down the roads in all direction, clearing out the AFU resistance that was now trapped on the sea.

The battles were already raging in the suburbs. With Russian and Novorossiyan forces making slow and steady progress through the city, supported by a large assembly of air and ground support, including artillery and missiles. These targeted the main defence systems in the city, particularly at the Azovstal plant, where the main contingent of the AFU and Azov Regiment was holding out.

Fighting in these districts had been ongoing since the end of May, RAF and AFN soldiers had methodically pushed their way through the defenses and into the suburbs before slowing their advances down. These slowdowns were for a variety of reasons. First was to sanction two separate ceasefire deals to evacuate civilians and any soldier that wished to surrender. Second was to bring up the heavy infantry assault units rather than the armour-heavy Battalion Tactical Groups. These ATGs were composed of several mechanized infantry battalions and one or two tank battalions. These infantry units were equipped with heavy close infantry support weapons, including the Terminator APC, significant quantities of RPGs and other close infantry support weapons, and a variety of light and heavy mortars.

Beyond this, the assault teams were also heavily supported by a wide variety of artillery and MLRS units, including two regiments of artillery and a wide array of ground attack aircraft. With the AFU air defences in Mariupol largely defeated, there was significantly less threat and the Su-24s and 25s, as well as the heavy bombers, were able to launch massive strikes at the plant, destroying significant amounts of fortifications and personnel.

The slowdown in the offensive was also due to increasingly stubborn AFU and Azov resistance. Bunkered deep in the massive sprawling city, urban warfare was fundamentally in favour of the defender. Each building, each house, each apartment complex had to be individually cleared from floor to roof. Every sniper had to be dealt with. Every machine gun team and RPG team had to be dealt with individually. It was no wonder so many people were comparing this to Stalingrad.

The soldiers on the ground, Captain Vasyl Vdovychenko and Lieutenant Vadim Kuzim amongst them, didn’t entirely mind the comparisons to Stalingrad. They, unlike the Ukrainians, looked at it very differently however. They were fighting against the last holdouts of Ukrainian neo-nationalism in the city, as their grandfathers had done so in Stalingrad during the winter offensive. A markedly different view than what the Ukrainians were saying.

Nonetheless, the position on the ground was tense and difficult and nearly every street came with a cost. To minimize these costs, the Russian and Novorossiyan forces had been given nearly free range to choose from artillery. In the streets, close support SPGs had become increasingly popular. Able to focus a heavy barrage of heavy artillery fire straight into the teeth of any AFU or Azov resistance.

For the thousands of Ukrainian soldiers trapped, however, things were getting worse. Medical supplies and ammunition were now entirely cut off. They only had what they had left and those supplies were depleting with every battle. There was also no chance of getting support from the outside.

Vasyl Vdovychenko walked through the ruins of what had once been a 5 story apartment complex, carefully avoiding getting too close to the windows. There were still a lot of snipers operating in this particular suburb. Outside he could hear the sounds of engagements in virtually every direction. Russian and Novorossiyan forces were each tasked with clearing out specific quadrants and districts of the city and some were proving more difficult than others.

Vdovychenko had placed several of his own snipers in various buildings and every now and again he would hear one of them fire off a round or two. He hoped they were getting hits. Vdovychenko hated urban fighting. Most of the time he never even saw the enemy. Only would hear their fire then be forced down. If they returned fire, it was only to fire at windows of a building that the AFU were in. If they hit anything, they certainly couldn’t see them more than half the time. Then they would follow standard protocol. Call in the support of an SPG or a tank or another armoured vehicle to blow the hell out of the building until things were quiet. Then, the poor sodden infantry would have to go floor by floor, apartment by apartment, room by room for the entire building.

So thats what his team was doing now. Clearing out a 5 story apartment room by room.

“4th floor clear!” Vdovychenko yelled out. On the stairs he heard a “Clear, moving up!” from Kuzim who was heading up another platoon to move on to the 5th floor and to the roof itself.

Vdovychenko stared at the ruined remains of what had once been a fairly nice apartment. There were still signs of the former occupants. Whatever they could not carry had been left and it was now destroyed. Amidst all of the wreckage of civilian life was the dead body of a Ukrainian soldier that had yet to be cleared out. Vdovychenko stared down at the young man, probably no older than 23 or 24. His body was a mess of blood and uniform. He had been hit when Vdovychenko had called in the support of a T-72 to level the floor with its main gun. The tank had obliged and thus the damage that Vdovychenko was now looking at was the direct result of that order.

Vdovychenko stared at the young man and then again at the room. He hated death and he hated war. Especially that this building had to be destroyed. The family who had lived there were now refugees.

Through the windows of the building he could see other assault groups from the AFN moving along the streets, very carefully. So far, they were making good progress and there was no fire. Yet. However, given how many buildings remained occupied by AFU soldiers, there was a strong chance they could take fire at any moment.

“5th floor clear!”

Vdovychenko heard Kuzim yell again. Thank God. One more building in this maze had been cleared, Vdovychenko thought. He heard Kuzim making his way down the stairs and went over to his old friend.

“Well?” Vdovychenko asked.

“Nothing.”

“No dead?”

“Nope.” Kuzmin said simply. “Nothing but empty apartments. Down here?”

“Just the one.” Vdovychenko pointed over to the man. Kuzim stared and nodded.

“Well, that makes three for the building.”

“Yeah and it only took us 5 hours to do it.”

“Hey, its better than the last one.” Kuzim said with a grin. Vdovychenko returned the grin.

“God, I need to sleep.” Vdovychenko said, slowly lowering himself down on the floor. Kuzim stared at him closely.

“Can’t have you slacking off, Captain.” Kuzim said. Vdovychenko laughed.

“Yeah, I suppose not.” He said finally. He stared around at his men. The soldiers that he had fought with for nearly 11 years now. Each one of them had dreamed of this. Fighting to gain back Mariupol and defeating the capital of the Azovites. However, the fight had turned into a grueling grudge match, with neither side willing to give way. Eventually, Vdovychenko knew that they would be victorious. The great sea city of Mariupol would be there’s once again. But for now, they were stuck in a vicious cycle of death and chaos on its streets.

Outside, overhead, he heard yet another flight of Su-34s making their way down to the city. Yet another bombing run. He prayed that they would have more success than the last time. He prayed that everytime.

“Zatyshna St secured, over.”

Vdovychenko glanced down at his radio where the voice had come from. Kuzim smiled.

“See? Good news already.”

“Roger that.” Vdovychenko replied through the radio. “We are clearing the intersection, over.”

“Confirmed and clear, moving on to the next street, over.”

“Roger that, we’ll be making our way out to join the assault group, over.”

Vdovychenko sighed. His 2 minute break was now over. The men on his floor were already assembled. They looked tired and weary. But ready. He eyed them carefully. Yes, each one of them was still in solid fighting shape.

God, we’re gonna need a long break after this.

Starobesheve, Novorossiya
III Corps, Armed Forces of Novorossiya
June 15, 2025

The Armed Forces of Novorossiya were in the stages of development that made everything different, complicated, and brand new. The AFN was the result of the merger between the Militia of the DPR and the Militia of the LPR to form the united Armed Forces of Novorossiya. They had largely copied their organization and design from the Russian Army who had been their main supplier during the early stages of the war and as a distant advisory after the Minsk Agreements.

The AFN had entered the war with two different Corps. However, as the Novorossiyan state began to mobilize in response to Ukraine mobilizing and Russian warnings to begin mobilizing, the Command of the AFN had begun to form a third corps, taken from units that had been sent to be equipped and trained by the Russians and with recently mobilizing citizen soldiers. This corps was now in the hands of the Russian Army and the Wagner Group.

This grouping also including several foreign detachments of mercenaries attached to the Wagner Group as subcontractors. These included soldiers from Zambia and Cuba, as well as Russian soldiers from Wagner and two battalion tactical groups Southern Military District. Altogether, these forces were now still in training and preparing mode. Soon, however, they would take part in the main offensive of Phase Two. The full liberation of the territory of the Donbas and achieving a breakthrough past the AFU lines in both the Kharkov and Ugledar regions.

The plan was quite simple. From the North, through the North Dombas and souther Kharkov regions, the Russian and AFN forces would push south towards Severodonetsk, with the Kharkov and Sumy groupings protecting the flank of the advance south. The force would push into the city and drive a wedge into the AFU forces in the Donbas.

Meanwhile, from the south, the second push, coming from Ugledar and Mariupol, would drive their own wedge north, forcing the AFU to divert forces away from the central areas of the Donbas to protect their flanks. This would be interdicted by a full advance from the AFN and supporting Wagner and Russian soldiers who would make a broad advance from Donetsk and Luhansk straight into the main AFU defenses.

Either the AFU defenses would be so weakened by the flanking moves that the AFU’s frontal defences could be broken through, or the the AFU would be overly tied down in the central regions that the flanks could not be protected enough. With significant forces still tied down in Kiev and Chernhiv, as well as in the Kherson region, the allied forces will have tied down the vast majority of the AFU that had been mobilized.

For now, however, the troops of the III Corps of the AFN were in the hands of the Russian Army. They had received several batches of Russian equipment that was going to be theirs, including tanks, apcs, ifvs, and artillery batteries. They had spent nearly a month training on these and with the Russian Army in preparation for their advance. It was also valuable time for the Zambians and Cuban soldiers to be prepared for combat operations within the Russian Military.

Now, with reserves and volunteers making their way towards the operation zone, the newly forming III Corps of the AFN, along with several Battalion Tactical Groups of the Russian Army and Wagner Group were making their way south, towards Mariupol, in preparation for their assault. Meanwhile, Russian and LPR forces of the II Corps were preparing for their northern flank of the assault. The remainder of the II Corps and I Corps, along with other Russian units, were likewise preparing for their time to launch their offensive.

Soon, with a little bit of luck, as the AFU continued to mobilize its forces in 6 different directions, the allied force would launch their assault to break the main line of Ukrainian defences.

June, 2025

Kiriyenko announces abrupt about face regarding Turkish Crisis
June 1, 2025

After Russia took a strong stance against the Turkish annexation of North Cyprus and announced sanctions along with the rest of the world, Kiriyenko has announced an end to that.

“After a long conference with the President of Turkiye, we have come to an arrangement by which we can work forward to creating a far more stable region. We have gained strong assurances that they will end their meddling against Armenia and end their support of the Azerbaijani regime that seeks to ethnically cleanse Armenians. We hope that we can now, with through dialogue with Turkiye, Armenia, Iran, and Azerbaijan, find a permanent settlement. One that respects the existing terrain and respects the Armenian community.

“We have also gained their assurances of a non-aggression pact against Syria. We hope that through this we can encourage greater dialogue between Turkiye and Syria. That we can find an end to the migrant crisis and create better solutions for Syria, one that will include greater investment into the country. Hopefully, we can achieve these.

“Insofar as the Turkish annexation. Russia still holds and maintains that the Turkish annexation was illegal under international law. However, there is still avenues available to rectify these concerns, including holding an internationally recognized referendum for the people and a formal peace settlement with Cyprus. This could result in a autonomous region for North Cyprus, or independence. That will come down to negotiations between Turkiye and Cyprus and the European Union. These talks we completely support. We do not support the annexation. We do, however, fully support Turkiye taking full responsibility for its actions and seeking permanent settlements and solutions. Ones that will bring peace and not further conflict.

“Our warnings to Turkiye and to the world remain standing. We will not tolerate any threats against our allies. Not against Armenia. Not against Syria. Not against Iran. Not against the Eurasian Union or the Union State. We will face every and all threats will the full might of the Russian Armed Forces if need be.”

The turnabout has been met with mixed reactions. However, part of the agreement includes increasing trade activity in the region and renegotiating the pipeline agreement with Turkmenistan to enter through Armenia then into Turkey. These avenues have proved popular. However, the sudden turnaround has left many bewildered.

“We stood against Turkish imperialism and we should continue to stand, firmly, against it.” the Communist of Russia leader and Leader of the Official Opposition in the Duma, Maxim Suraykin, said in the Duma.

“We need more than words from Turkiye. We need actions. We need actions against Azerbaijani aggressions.”

However, internally, the views have largely been met positively. The threat of Russia being thrust into a war with Turkiye should Armenia become involved or if Syria was invaded was a serious concern, particularly with the war in Ukraine still ongoing. Russian forces would be deeply stretched to provide significant support, despite Kiriyenko’s promises of “full support”. The agreements that seem to ensure Armenian and Syrian protection has largely been seen as a foreign policy success, at least by the leading coalition.

Russian Forces engage in Mariupol; advances remain slow
June 15, 2025

Russian and Novorossiyan Forces continue their urban operations in Mariupol and the Russian Ministry of Defence has announced that their combined forces have made “significant progress”.

“RAF and AFN forces continue to press their advantage in Mariupol. We are continuing to keep open humanitarian avenues for the citizens and soldiers of Mariupol. We have sent in several thousands pounds of aid for the citizens and continue to make calls for the remaining soldiers to surrender and have safe passage out of the city.”

Elsewhere, however, progress remains slow. Ukrainian reserves have blunted a Russian attack at the city of Ivankiv, forcing Russian forces to withdraw and restart their attempts to capture the strategic crossroads town outside Kiev. Russian forces continue their advance closer to the city of Kiev, however, until Ivankiv is captured, these forces remain largely tied down.

On the opposite side of the river, Russian forces continue to advance towards the eastern suburbs of Kiev while also continuing the siege the city of Chernihiv where AFU formations have continued to send in reserves. The city of Konotop has also been captured and the eastern advances in the Northern sector continues. The city of Sumy and Kharkov have seen continued action from our Aerospace and artillery forces against AFU reserves deploying in the area.

In the Southern Sector, Russian forces secure their advances towards Mariupol and across the line.

In the Donbas sector, positional fighting continues with AFU formations conducting several small scale attacks across the front. AFN soldiers have repelled these offensives. Soldiers of the AFN are continuing to be trained and equipped with Russian stores and trainers and will soon be back in engagement, preparing to launch their offensives to recapture the occupied land of the AFU.”

The report from the Russian Ministry of Defence indicates, again, that Russian forces are continuing their slow moving advance across the territory. Russian Forces also remain in reserve, with significant numbers preparing for Phase Two, which appears to be the offensive to capture the Donbas. However, with so many of Russia’s soldiers tied down in so many different sectors, the Russian Army has made repeated calls for more troops, something Kiriyenko had originally said would not be necessary.

However, as the fighting rages on into its second month and progress remaining slow. President Kiriyenko has authorized the transition of several formations from the Southern Military District towards the fighting in Ukraine. He said that “these forces were being prepared to defend against Turkish aggression. That threat has passed. These forces will provide a much needed boost to our offensive capabilities. Between these and the volunteer forces that are being trained across Russia and volunteer formations from Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Belarus, and Chechyna, our forces in Ukraine will see a significant boost in manpower. One that will match that of the AFU mobilizations”. Kiriyenko has refused to make comment on whether Russia will entertain the idea of mobilizations at this time.

Japan continues in its imperialist vision
June 4, 2025

According to reports in the Japan Times, the Foreign Ministry of Japan are “seriously considering” moves to assert sovereignty over the islands of Ullengdo and Jeju, islands that are generally recognized as territory of the Republic of Korea.

These reports have caused fear in Russia over the ongoing tension over the Kuril Islands, which Japan also claims.

“Japan has shown their true colours.” Prime Minister Arshinova said in the Duma yesterday. “They have taken a peace agreement and immediately turned around and are threatening even more claimed islands. They are obsessed with claiming their former Empire. First the Liancourt Rocks. Then Ullengdo and Jeju. Then, what’s next? The Kuril Islands. We cannot stand for that. We cannot stand for their repeated rejection of peace and for imperialism. The people of South Korea have endured too much, from the unprovoked attack from Japan. To the radical government of North Korea launching their own attacks. This is too much. We cannot stand by while Japan is allowed to roam freely under the protection of the United States.”

President Kiriyenko himself issued a public statement on the matter.

“Russian forces are maintaining their alert status on the Kuril Islands. We are still in the process of debating further sanctions against the State of Japan. At this time, we are in communication with our partners in the region and will be taking a proactive view on the matter. Further advances from the Japanese Empire will be meet with a Russian response.”

This also comes after reports that Japanese planes, along with sending in humanitarian aid during the three-day ceasefire, also sent in planes full of military equipment, in violation of the agreement that China, Ukraine, and Russia made.

“We are investigating these claims.” Kiriyenko said. “We are in communication with our partners over this gross violation of the ceasefire.”

Alexei Didenko, the leader of the LDPR, had even stronger words against the Japanese.

“The Japanese are continuing in their efforts. That is clear. They are supporting the Ukrainian nationalists in their own proxy war against Russia. They have continued to make threats against the territorial integrity of South Korea and of Russia. They have rearmed and reformed their military for one purpose. It is clear that such a nation, a nation that has caused such irreparable harm to the global economy through their actions, cannot be allowed to go unpunished. The Kuril Islands are Russian and will remain Russian. This will be protected by force.”

The administration did not respond to questions regarding what actions of force Didenko had mentioned.

Ruble sees surge as economy continues to grind against global slowdown
June 15, 2025

As the sanctions against Russia continue to make its impact, the Russian response has seen the Ruble rise by nearly 30% above pre-war values as Russia sees a massive surge in its gas supply costs. These costs have increased Russian government revenue in a time where other revenues have shrunk, both a result of the global recession and as a result of the European and American sanctions.

Boris Titov, Internal Minister under President Kiriyenko, has stated that “the Russian economy will continue to see a path forward” under the sanctions and growing exports of oil and natural gas at higher costs.

“We are continuing to make actions and continue to make impacts with regional and global partners outside of Europe. We are keeping our lines open to Europe, should they choose to accept them in our current standing.”

When it comes to dealing with the rising unemployment and other effects of the recession that has hit across Russia, Titov stated that Russia will “continue making efforts to manage the crisis” and that “we are in a well-prepared position to handle further complications.”

Titov made particular note of increasing trade values within the EAEU, particularly with China and Continental Asia. Titov also stated that a second round of stimulus “could be passed” in the next week or so.

Titov stated that this round of stimulus would go towards stabilizing businesses affected by the sanctions and those most deeply affected by the global shock to the supply chains.

The Russian Investment and Development Program (RIDP), as Titov called it, would see billions of rubles invested into a variety of Russian and EAEU manufacturers and production companies to replace the loss of certain western goods and manufacturing impacted by the sanctions and recession.

“It is vital that we continue to create a valuable production capacity within our market”, Titov said talking about the EAEU. “We have continued to make progress with expanding our trade agreements and we are in talks with several nations to begin the process of joining the Eurasian Union as well as expanding our initial integration.”

The RIPD will see more investment into tech companies, tech production, the automobile industry, finance sectors. Titov noted that the Russian advances in technology and by creating a single market and single investment program for the entire EAEU could see massive potential in creating new pockets of innovation in the EAEU.

“We [the EAEU] are in the midst of rapid expansion and development. Outside of the existing Western dominated standard. We have and are creating new opportunities and we are continuing to work to develop the EAEU into a developed single market system. This is a proper step. We are investing in every nation, including Russia, to further development.”

Titov did not give specifics on how much would be invested into the broader EAEU outside of the billions earmarked for Russian companies, however, Titov did say that it “would be comparable”. He also highlighted increasing trade opportunities with China and India, as well as in the Middle East with Iran and Syria.

“We have a strong network of trade partnerships globally. We have all the tools necessary to recover from this recession as quickly as possible with right and proper action and by working to expand our trade network and developing that which already exists.”

This RIPD plan comes after the State Duma passed yet another budget increase for the Defence, increasing it by 7.7% from year to year, pushing it over $72 billion dollars. The new investment program has seen some criticism as excessive spending with rising debt levels. However, Titov stated that “now is not the time to be discussing budget cuts. We are facing a serious threat to our economy and we must take quick preventative action. As we recover, our stimulus programs will end and our budget will again be balanced. We are not going to engage in pro-cyclical behavior due to political influences. We will make our decisions that will best serve the citizens of our great Federation.”

The “door is open”, Kiriyenko says in regards to peace talks with Ukraine
June 14, 2025

In response to President Macron’s plea for peace and general calls from many Western nations, President Kiriyenko stated that “the door remains open” for peace talks with Ukraine.

“At no point has the door been closed.” Kiriyenko said in a public forum in Moscow. “We are always prepared to maintain open negotiations regarding a quick negotiated end to the war. However, what has been done cannot be undone. There will be no peace talks that do not recognize the independence of Novorossiya.”

The public forum saw Kiriyenko field many questions from the press regarding the military operation in Ukraine. Including questions regarding the scope and length. Kiriyenko remained largely ambiguous in his replies.

“Our objectives are clear. To secure the liberation of the territory of Novorossiya. Once achieved, the combat operations of our military operation will end. This could be concluded with a negotiated settlement or on the battlefield. However, the Russian Federation remains fully committed to our actions on the ground and we will continue to engage in the fullest capacity that we can until the mission is achieved.”

Kiriyenko also gave an update on the special operation saying, “our forces maintain full contact across the entire front. We are working hard to secure the liberation of Mariupol and the southern regions. Our forces are engaged in offensive operations across the front and we are making significant progress towards the total defeat of the Ukrainian military. Our reserves are being prepared and our operation remains in full combat capacity for the short and long term. There are no concerns, at this time, regarding our operation.”

When asked about the general progress Kiriyenko had this to say.

“Yes, our forces are currently working slowly. However, this is not only to save lives, but also to ensure that civilians are evacuated from combat zones. It is also to ensure that our artillery and air forces complete their objectives and minimize Russian losses. Our progress remains steady and we are progressing across the entire front. All shortages of equipment or personnel are being met.”

The public forum comes after one month of the military operation to liberate Novorossiya in which significant portions of the Donbas and large portions of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia have already been liberated. The Russian front extends from the Kherson region all the way around to the Kiev oblast, where Russian and Belorussian forces continue to engage the AFU on the route to Kiev. However, currently the progress towards the city remains limited as the AFU has moved significant reserves into the region to prevent a siege of the capital. Kiriyenko has dismissed claims of a failure in the north.

“We are making significant gains in the north. Large segments of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have been defeated. We are defeating their reserves through air and missile strikes. We are systematically destroying their military infrastructure and combat capabilities. This is not going to be a quick action. Ukraine has maintained significant preparations for this operation and were already through their mobilization stages when the special operation began. There are no concerns at this time.”
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

NewMedica
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2022

Postby NewMedica » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:54 pm

World Health Organization
-----------------------------------------------------------
International Emergency Response Team (IER)
Meeting of IER with regard to the worsening conditions in Europe

Participants: Dr. Prahat Singh, Cardiology (India), Dr. Vu Han, Infectious Disease (China), Dr. William Burk, Emergency Medicine (Stanford University - USA), Dr. Ahmad, Critical Care (Saudi Arabia), Dr. Susan Price, Emergency Medicine (Ireland), Dr. Ashan Shah, Internal Medicine (Oxford University - UK), Dr. Zach Scholtz, Critical Care (Geneva - Switzerland), Dr. Hannah Sue, Internal Medicine (Paris - France), Dr. Zolar Hamzer, General Surgery (Munich - Germany).

IER Statement and Policy Actions
The IER is an sub organization within the World Health Organization tasked with ensuring health care and patient rights in severe emergency situations including war zones and natural disasters.
IER has observed the increasing tensions rising in Europe particularly between Turkey and Greece and Ukraine and Russia. IER has deemed it necessary to active the emergency system and develop makeshift clinics in Greece and Ukraine (4 in each country) for the management of trauma patients particularly from any possible war. IER will also employ a Globemaster aircraft for the transport of patients to Level 1 or 2 trauma centers in Poland, Germany and Sweden as per IER strategic guidelines. It is imperative to understand that the Globemaster is under the jurisdiction of the World Health Organization and is not associated with NATO, nor is the WHO taking sides in any potential conflict. The IER will work closely with EU and Russian government to ensure patient medical care and safety.

IER Response team nation members Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, Japan and Pakistan. IER Response team rotates every 2 years with new nations involved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Guideliens by the WHO and IER about ICU medicine will be presented shortly

Shohun
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Shohun » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:44 am

Japan Times

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Condemns South Korean Hostility:

Tokyo, June 6th - After South Korean backlash against Japan in recent days after the Shanghai peace deal, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a harsh warning to the South Korean government. In a statement, a spokesperson for the ministry slammed South Korea for its continued hostility and recent protests against Japan, labeling it as a "direct repeat of the events leading up the the Takeshima Incident," and noting that Seoul failed to show "any spirit of reconciliation." Urging the South Korean government to reverse course, the spokesperson pointed out that Seoul is still not in full compliance with the Shanghai deal.

Taking note of Japanese compliance, the Ministry bashed Seoul for undermining the peace deal and threatening instability by not keeping up with its commitments. In the statement, the Ministry noted that the Seoul regime is still yet to abolish the Korean "Anti-Japanese Law" which prevents trade and other discourse with Japan.

Warning Seoul that it was serious about all parties complying with the agreement, the ministry warned of unspecified "consequences" if South Korea does not abolish "any and all laws discriminating against Japanese trade and relations" within a week by June 13th. This was seeming backed up by the Ministry of Defense, which released a press statement warning that it was prepared to "engage in the second stage of the operation" against South Korean threats.

While the Prime Minister's office is yet to respond to a request for comment, PM Kishida told a JT reporter earlier today that it seemed that Seoul was "not content with the terrible bloodshed," but that if necessary, he would look into "all options" for Korea to enter compliance with the deal.

Minister of Defense Pans Russian Threats, Vows Response to Aggression:

Sapporo, June 7th - After a range of threats directly from the Russian Prime Minister and prominent Russian politicians, Minister of Defense Kishi made a visit to Hokkaido in order to review JSDF forces stationed there. Making a statement at Camp Sapporo, Kishi lambasted Russian claims of Japanese 'imperialism,' calling them a "gross distortion of the truth." Kishi called Russia out for its aggressions in Ukraine, again condemning Russia for the unjustified invasion that has already displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. In his remarks, Kishi slammed Russian PM Arshinova as being "out of touch with reality," criticizing the Russian PM for "playing up tensions in an effort to stir his increasingly small nationalist base."

Kishi noted that Japan has "no intentions" of escalating the situation militarily in the Japanese Northern Territories, telling reporters that Japan would only respond defensively to Russian aggressions. In his speech, Kishi vowed to respond to any Russian attack, again making a thinly veiled reference to Japan's advanced ballistic missile arsenal when commenting that "deterrence forces" were on alert. During his visit, Kishi reportedly reviewed a Type 12 anti-ship missile battery stationed near Sapporo, where he told soldiers to be on alert for Russian escalations. The system, which boasts a reported 1,500 km range, was made famous in Japan during the recent Takeshima Incident when it played a key role in defeating the hostile naval force.

JSDF Announces Deployment of Advanced Defensive Systems to Takeshima:

Takeshima, June 8th - Amid continued tensions with South Korea and new threats from Moscow, the JSDF has announced the deployment of an Improved-HAWK medium-range SAM system to Takeshima. According to the statement released by the JSDF, the deployment marks a "significant boost" to Japanese air defense capabilities around the islets, expanding air defense coverage from 15 km to 50 km. The newly deployed system is said to complement the advanced Type 11 short-range SAM already deployed to the islets, creating a "secure bubble around Japanese possessions."

In other news, the JSDF announced that it had completed reconstruction and enlargement of the helicopter pad located on one of the islets, enabling the potential permanent deployment of JMSDF helicopters to the island.

National Diet Authorizes JCG To Open Fire on EEZ Violators:

Tokyo, June 10th - In response to increasing aggression from South Korea, the National Diet has authorized the Japan Coast Guard (JCG) to open fire on EEZ violators that do not heed commands or "present a serious threat" to shipping or Japanese security. The recent legislation is a break from the past, where the JCG could only open fire with Security Cabinet authorization or if fired upon first. The move was hailed by PM Kishida as a "necessary" step to "defend Japan from aggression."

Speaking to the press, Coast Guard Commandant Takahiro Okushima praised the development, saying that now the JCG would have "unprecedented" ability to protect Japanese interests.

Tokyo, Japan
June 6, 2025

Colonel Sato marched into General Yamazaki's office, saluting the general as he took a seat. From the other side of the table, General Yamazaki looked grim. "I have just received word from the Ministry of Defense that we are to prepare for combat operations commencing one week and a day from today, provided we see Korean non-compliance with the peace treaty. Our general assumption is that they will not strike first, so we have that freedom to pick and choose when and where we will engage them. That is why I wanted to hear what options we have ready."

Colonel Sato nodded, picking up his briefcase and handing the general a file. "Since our original operation, we have been on alert for such an event. Our forces have continued to train and prepare extensively in the case we would need to continue operations at one point or another. What I have ready for you is three options which we could present to the Prime Minister. The first is the most risky and the most escalatory, but will strike the enemy hard. Simultaneous strikes against Saishu and Matsushima, with landing operations taking place against Matsushima. Fairly straightforward and likely will be a quick victory just as Takeshima. Faced with loss, again, they will likely come to the table soon after.

The second option is targeted airstrikes against South Korean targets responsible for our casualties during the Takeshima Incident. We will strike namely at the Donghae Fleet headquarters, surviving elements of Maritime Battle Group 1, local Coast Guard outposts, and Matsushima. This presents the risk for escalation, as they have no reason to come to the table right away. However it may be ultimately more acceptable for the Korean side than losing more territory.

The final option is covert action against South Korea, including drone strikes and cyber warfare targeting military facilities and their ruling political parties. However this risks acceptance of the current status quo."

Yamazaki nodded slowly. "I can't say any option is as straightforward as it should be. I will speak with the Prime Minister of our options and will act on them accordingly."

Catalaonia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catalaonia » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:29 am

The Daily Times - Ireland

27th May, 2025

Page 1

HEADLINE: Legalisation for Nation-wide abortion ban to hit vote in early June!

What has been under government review and pressure group battling for many weeks, legalisation for the highly controversial ban on abortions is officially sent to hit voting by "early June" said various government ministers. Pushed heavily by the new role, Minister of Internal Affairs, it saw in February of this year the beginnings of legalisation, with their official manifesto commitments calling for a ban. Although education reform is still "in the works" despite the reform act passing November last year, it seems the government have finally managed to push it through months of critics, protests and backlash, even from the inside. Over 20 civil servants resigned over the intention of an abortion ban in March.

The legislation, with details mostly unknown, is looking to pass both the lower house parliament and the higher-house senate at the same time, with the parliamentary vote to occur around the 4th June, the senate to occur by the 6th of June. If both votes pass, it will head to the Irish High Court, where a non-majority vote will be needed for it's pass into Irish law. The recent passing of the Irish Education and Language Reform Act, which saw further pushing of the Celtic language and the "abandon of British values". Although seen as a historic bill, it was not considered to be controversial, moreover supported by the majority of parties. However, it seems this bill could be the most controversial yet.

Widespread protests have been occurring in opposition over the bill, which has been under constant discussion and debate by politicians alike. Support has come from the more traditional right, with one of Ireland's most well-known politicians and former PM, Lewis O'Hare, supporting the bill, as-well as various high-valued pressure groups have come in support. However, the majority of Ireland and what seems the majority of Irish politics seems against the bill, with many opposing MP's calling it a "betrayal of people by the state" and have accused the government of the "pushing of a minority agenda over a majority populace". Leaders of various pressure groups, such the Free People League, organised violent protests in mid-April, which saw the deaths of 4 protesters. The latest protest was one by the Irish Worker's Association, in a combined strike over pay and over the bill, in Cork. Opposition parties have called for referendum over the right to an abortion, saying that the "People should decide it's fate, not the politicians". President MacDonald and PM Higgins have ignored the calls, and remain to "keep on the path of a representative and modern democracy".

If it passes all three of the branches, it is set to be implemented by immediate effect, with a 2-month grace period which will see a shift to a complete ban of Abortions.

Page 2

Nationalist Economic Policy - Will it work?

Over the past few weeks, details over the government's expansion of Ireland's railways have been confirmed, with them set to enact the biggest and most expensive set of railway expansions to date. Set to increase the amount of railways "all across Ireland", the plan is set to cost the government around 1.5 Billion Euros, with how to pay for it the next issue on the table. The government have also confirmed their intention over nationalising major Irish train lines, and to create a single government-owned company named "All-Irish Rail". They also plan to "fully integrate Northern Irish and Irish rail, to create more commercial lines in between NI and Ireland. Including the prices of nationalisation, it will likely cost around 3.5 Billion Euros.

The government's plans on how to fund it have been mixed. Various government ministers have called for temporary tax increases for the middle and upper-class, with other's calling for an added "Luxury Business Tax" on large corporations without increasing business tax. Although it's not set how the government will fund the project, the Economic Projection Board, an independent company primarily used for local and national economic projections, have said that they would be need to either create a corporate tax to charge corporations up to 25% tax, or to increase both business tax from 20% to 25% and to increase income tax by 5% on both Tier 3 and Tier 4 earners. Although the government have been fairly concrete on business taxes, adopting to have low taxes and higher regulations in major markets, they may U-turn to get the plan under way.

If we're talking on what the stocks have been saying on the issue of nationalistic economic policies, than they are mixed as-well. Combined with growing international instability and a growing global economic crises, stocks in Ireland have both sunk and rose. In the sector of technology, stocks have rose to fairly stable levels, mostly through the continued investment from foreign companies, however, the banks have seen their stocks take a nose-dive in recent months, having fell by almost 34% in the last 2 months, with only 4 days having seen positive stock growth. News of nationalisation has troubled investors for most major trains companies Iarnród Éireann, South Ireland Rail and Western Rail seeing significant drops in stock prices, with South Ireland Rail facing the hardest fall. In the general period, most markets saw little to no growth, around 55% of markets seeing small/meduim-levels drop offs, although economists suggest the new economic policies of Economic Nationalism is hardly due to this, with the overall global economy in a stagnate position.

Other Stories:

- Domestic Affairs - New police powers "will curb crime" says Internal Minister - Page 4
- Opinion - Is a United Ireland inevitable or a nationalist's wet dream? - Page 5
- Economy- Stocks rally together as Ireland seeks to avoid economic turbulence - Page 3
- Sport - Irish Football - Is it on the rise or falling into irrelevancy? - Page 10

New Provenance
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Provenance » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:12 am

Congress approves $15 billion in preliminary arms and anti-aircraft weaponry for Ukraine

Washington - The U.S. Congress has voted by an over 55% majority in both houses to rapidly approve over $15 billion in the first arms package for Ukraine. The House and Senate voted to provide over $15 billion in small arms, artillery and anti-aircraft mechanisms for the Ukrainian Armed Forces in its fight against Ukraine. The Brown administration and national Democrats had pushed and advocated for the providing of billions of dollars in aid - both humanitarian and military - for Kyiv, who is presently undergoing the most violent military invasion since the Second World War.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer praised the passage of the bill as 'historic for Ukraine and historic for solidarity against Russia'.

'We need to act before it is too late': Sen. Chris Murphy, Sen. Mitt Romney spearhead bipartisan effort to push economic stimulus bill

Washington - In an interview with CNN, Senator Chris Murphy (D) and Senator Mitt Romney (R) affirmed that the need to act on a wavering U.S. economy was 'needed now' before 'it is too late'. Both senators are currently spearheading a bipartisan effort to push a massive economic stimulus bill that will seek to blanket rising consumer goods costs and provide support to low-income families who are expected to suffer the brunt of price changes. Already the stock market and consumer prices have seen changes thanks to the war in Ukraine and general global political instability, despite efforts by nations to curb the negative effects. Tens of billions could be allocated to stimulate the U.S. economy in the coming weeks as Congress prepares for negotiations between the Republican majority and the Democratic minority.

Pentagon hints at possible expansion of forces present in East Asia, citing 'the need to maintain the fragile peace'

Washington - The Pentagon has hinted at a possible expansion of force presence in East Asia by American naval and air assets, the Pentagon spokesperson implied in a press conference yesterday evening.

'In light of recent events and possible threats to allies and global partners, the Department of Defense is considering options to ensure the security of the East Asia region while cooperating with regional allies and partners. These options may in the future involve additional U.S. military assets'. The spokesperson refused to directly confirm troop deployments, but insider sources from the Brown administration are hinting towards such as well.

Already, the Chief of Staff of the Navy, Michael Gilday, has announced that two U.S. aircraft carriers in two separate carrier strike groups (CSGs) are expected to pass through the Korea Strait and the Sea of Japan for routine peace maintenance and naval and marine drills.

White House pledges solidarity with Ukraine, urges cooperation with Brussels

Washington - The White House has pledged solidarity with Ukraine in a televised speech by President Sherrod Brown from the Rose Garden, that was broadcast as a primetime address to the nation. In his speech, Brown affirmed America's and Americans' support for Ukraine (according to new polling, 55% of Americans strongly believe that Russia should be countered in Ukraine) and asserted that 'the forces of freedom and democracy and self-determination and the freedom to make your own choices and live a life that you want will stand with Ukraine and we will stand with Ukraine firmly and with vigilance and strength'.

The President also urged greater cooperation between Washington and Brussels, 'despite recent differences'. Relations between the U.S. and the E.U. broke down over the Northern Cyprus situation, however President Brown has emphasized that 'now is the time to move forward together'.

Other Stories:

DoD mulls additional troop deployments to Europe amidst Ukraine invasion
Polling shows public opinion stands strongly behind Ukraine
Cheney on Ukraine: Unacceptable violation of international law
HUD Secretary Fudge urges immediate action from state and local levels to resolve housing crisis
Federal Reserve to consider interest rate hikes amid inflation and economic downturn domestically and globally
Administration affirms intention to keep economy stable, moves to maintain investor confidence

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:39 pm

Service in the ZDF Opened to Foreigners

Lusaka- The Zambian Government, in the latest string of military reforms, has authorized for foreigners to serve in the Zambian Defense Forces. Proven they meet the qualifications, and are intent on perusing a path to residency or citizenship, they may join the nation's military. The qualifications being the applicant in question are military age, they speak and write in English and meet the physical requirements. Applicants with previous military experience are given priority treatment in being brought into the military's ranks.

In Face of Economic Recession, National Works Program Announced

Lusaka- "Work will be the downpayment for our future prosperity!" The President declared in the announcement to a national jobs program. Youths and unemployed ones left behind by the growing economic downturn are to be conscripted into the nation's works programs. According to the President, projects will include laying the foundation for public transit, construction of parks, building social housing, the working of fields, the cleaning of cities, the repairing of roads, and more. The social housing programs put on display by the government are to get a boost in manpower, while many dilatated roads throughout the nation will see new life. The most relevant economically is perhaps the construction of public transportation, and expanding the planting season for Zambia. Through these works, the government hopes to transform the nation. If things go according to plan, the nation's agriculture will be a linchpin for African consumption.

Financial System Reforms'

Lusaka- Citing nations like Switzerland and Ireland, the Zambian government has gone on a reform package to increase security around foreign bank transfers. With the intention to bring more money into Zambian banks, initally from the African super rich, Zambia intends to turn itself into a safe haven for the money of foreigners. This of course includes the tax rate on those foreign accounts, which will be zero.

The corporate tax rate is also going to see reforms. Besides certain sectors and companies, notably mining, the corporate tax rate is going to be lowered from 30% to 10%. The rationale being mining, in particular copper, is where most the national budget comes from. Thus, it's acceptable to make cuts for non necessary businesses. While this will be gradually wound down for businesses currently in Zambia, companies that set up new operations in the nation, or invest more, will see their rates drop immediately.

Other Stories:

Cities begin submitting Master Plans for the Integration of Social Housing and Public Transit
The Nation begins a construction campaign for EV power stations.
Zambian Airways set to expand
Local subsidiaries of the FAW group head to Zambia, new car plants expected
Greenification of Zambian cities expected, Tree Planting campaign underway
[/box]
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Civia Welephilostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

EAF New Development Plans!

Postby Civia Welephilostopia » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Internal News: New Infrastructure Projects Announced.
Today the President announced brand new sweeping infrastructure projects across the EAF, in an attempt to "Increase our economic output and growth," as well as "Allowing for greater mobility of goods around the EAF." It is hoped that these new projects will be highly succesful in bringing EAF goods to the world. The projects included are most prominently a railway starting in South Sudan and stretching over 1,500km all the way to northern Mozambique is expected to employ many workers and in the short term reduce unemployment by 0.3%-0.7% according to government figures.

Foreign Relations: EAF Nuetral on Cyprus and Ukraine.
The Foreign Office today released a statement declaring that the ongoing situations in both Cyprus and Ukraine are dangerously escalating and for all sides involved in those conflicts to come to an agreement, especially in Ukraine which the EAF relies on heavily. The government also struck down a bill set to put sanctions on both Russia and Turkyiye, it is expected that the world will not react kindly to the EAF's decision.

Regional News: Crisis in Somalia Worsens.
The war torn nation of Somalia has become even more unstable with the onset of a severe drought affecting many millions, the reason for this is of course climate change however the severeness and length of this drought is expected to be even longer than any that have happened previously. Ethiopia and the EAF have announced extra aid and short term visas for those with workable skills.

See Also:
Chinese To Build New Base?
Lates on the War In Ukraine.
DRC, Next Memeber of the EAF?
Observer to the IFC, Host of Lusidek Group, Member of the TRC.

NewMedica
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2022

JOINT WHO AND USPSTF GUIDELINES

Postby NewMedica » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:00 pm

WHO AND USPSTF JOINT COMMISSION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The WHO has joined with the United States organization USPSTF to develop the recommendations to follow. It was determined that these guidelines should be international in nature and not just confined to the United States and other western nations.
Member Nations Present: United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, China, India, Japan, Morocco, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Cambodia, Switzerland, Pakistan, Italy, Austria, Poland, Belgium (others were present).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joint Guidelines for General health These guidelines are intended to help elevate the health of nations and standardize healthcare across the globe

1. All adults age 40-70 with ASCVD Risk of > 10% should be started on 81mg of ASA. Patients who are above the age of 70 should be discouraged to use ASA as prevention due to increased bleeding risk

2. Shingrex is an advanced immunization that is recommended in all adults over the age of 50 regardless of their prior shingles vaccine status. The WHO and USPSTF recognize financial problems in certain nations and the International Committee on Immunization has already allocated funds to alleviate this issue

3. Prostate cancer screening is based on an individual basis between the age of 55-69 and not recommended over the age of 70

4. All adults between the age of 18-79 should be screened once for hepatitis with the anti-hepatitis c antibody. If a patient has hepatitis c then screening with Hepatitis C RNA is indicated for the treatment

5. All Adults 40-70 who is overweight or obese need to have A1c checked or random glucose
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse