NATION

PASSWORD

Blacktop Chronicles [OoC | Sign Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:43 am

Pragia wrote:Crew Name: Apollo Inc. Field Team BTP-02
Origins: The companies of the Coast always have a hunger for resources and knowledge that the old world has to offer, but it is Apollo that has set its sights on Blacktop. Apollo being pre-eminent traders and developers of pre-war reclamation projects, this new attempt will be a challenge the caliber of which they have not yet faced. Their first team having disappeared to an unknown fate early on in their first attempt, the second have made their way to the outskirts of town to set up a forward base camp to operate from.(Chartered Company)
Members:
Marcus Baltar - Techie [Understanding]
Logan Trellis - Fighter [Hard as Nails]
Nathan Morris - Scout [Scavenger]
Sahana Moyer - Scout [Pillager]
Kelly Donoghue – Worker [Smooth Talker]
Starting Resource: Glitterworld Cosmetics, failing that Clean Water

Ahoy there, Pragia. Good to see you.

It's true enough that I've set a cap on six or crews - but I know you from G-Tech's RP, and you're a solid enough player. It's also true that I've yet to feel overwhelmed by my current workload. So! On the off chance that I might regret it later, sure and sure. You're in.

That aside - your fellow players have made fair points here. D'you have a mind for another starting resource? And a general idea of where you'd like to be that's not quite so city-centered?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:44 am

Olthenia wrote:
Pragia wrote:Crew Name: Apollo Inc. Field Team BTP-02
Origins: The companies of the Coast always have a hunger for resources and knowledge that the old world has to offer, but it is Apollo that has set its sights on Blacktop. Apollo being pre-eminent traders and developers of pre-war reclamation projects, this new attempt will be a challenge the caliber of which they have not yet faced. Their first team having disappeared to an unknown fate early on in their first attempt, the second have made their way to the outskirts of town to set up a forward base camp to operate from.(Chartered Company)
Members:
Marcus Baltar - Techie [Understanding]
Logan Trellis - Fighter [Hard as Nails]
Nathan Morris - Scout [Scavenger]
Sahana Moyer - Scout [Pillager]
Kelly Donoghue – Worker [Smooth Talker]
Starting Resource: Glitterworld Cosmetics, failing that Clean Water

It's true enough that I've set a cap on six or crews - but I know you from G-Tech's RP, and you're a solid enough player. It's also true that I've yet to feel overwhelmed by my current workload. So! On the off chance that I might regret it later, sure and sure. You're in.

That aside - your fellow players have made fair points here. D'you have a mind for another starting resource? And a general idea of where you'd like to be that's not quite so city-centered?

I believe the tacked on “failing that, Clean Water” was meant to be a non-City alternative.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:01 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

I believe the tacked on “failing that, Clean Water” was meant to be a non-City alternative.

M'hm? One second.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:09 am

Update 1.1 - Crews with the Chartered Company origin may pick two free tools upon creation, to signify their parent-company's concern for their success.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:27 am

Olthenia wrote:Update 1.1 - Crews with the Chartered Company origin may pick two free tools upon creation, to signify their parent-company's concern for their success.

Mk, I'll start with Clean water. Tool wise, figuring simple only I'll take a prybar and a bow, and change my fighter's ability to dead-eye. If I can take more advanced tools, then I'll go for a Handheld Hacking Device and a Chainsaw.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:49 am

Pragia wrote:
Olthenia wrote:Update 1.1 - Crews with the Chartered Company origin may pick two free tools upon creation, to signify their parent-company's concern for their success.

Mk, I'll start with Clean water. Tool wise, figuring simple only I'll take a prybar and a bow, and change my fighter's ability to dead-eye. If I can take more advanced tools, then I'll go for a Handheld Hacking Device and a Chainsaw.

Can confirm that they're only Simple tools.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 am

Oooooh this is cool!

Got room for one more Olth? :)

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:35 am

Oh, a quick note - the map is hexes, not square tiles. This means that the scouting directions are S, SW, NW, N, NE, SE.

ALSO, Scouts can explore 2 tiles per turn.
Last edited by Lazarian on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:47 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Oooooh this is cool!

Got room for one more Olth? :)

Hey Hungary - nice to see you!

We're full on players right now, but I might be able to take one more. I'll know for sure once I've got the first turn down. Sound good?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:02 am

*cough*

I like how most people aren't bothering with water.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:03 am

Here's a little guide that I should have had ready for the OP - my bad.

ACTIONS:

So you’ve got your survivors, their origins, their traits and the custom resource you’ve requested from the OP. But what can your survivors actually do?

There are four main actions for all types, and then three specialized actions.

The first action is to Gather. This is either picking up and gathering resources, or to harvest from farms. Gathering can also be used to herd and collect domesticable animals, although if you have no place to put them or do not have Comprehension of them, this will end poorly.

The second action is to Hunt, which is the same as Gather, but with animal resources. Certain weapons and items can make Hunting a more effective source of food.

The third action is to Craft. This is the process of building tools, both simple tools (such as a hammer) or complicated ones (such as repairing a robot). More complicated things take longer to create.

The fourth action is to Build. This is relatively self explanatory - building structures to hold animals, gather water, or to hide from the blazing desert heat and freezing nights.

All survivor classes can do these four actions. However, there are three special actions, which only certain classes can perform.

The first of these special actions is to Research. This is only done by Techies. Researching is the only way to discover a technology.

The next two special actions are exclusive to Scouts. The first is Exploring, which reveals the resources on a tile and any other notable features. Scouts can explore two tiles per turn. Scouts can choose to Explore N, NE, NW, S, SE, SW.

The second special action is Salvaging. Scouts can choose to Salvage a region, which generates a random item or resource, depending on the tile. Salvaging a desert wasteland will likely provide nothing but dirt and tumbleweed - but salvaging ruins will perhaps yield something valuable.

NEEDS:

It goes without saying, but humans cannot survive without food to eat, water to drink, and shelter to hide in. They especially cannot survive without those things in an irradiated desert wasteland, filled with scorching summers, freezing winters, and carnivorous creatures.

Food: Survivors need to eat, first and foremost. They need edible plants and critters, either gathered from the wilds or farmed at their camp.

Water: Ah, water. The core ingredient to life. It’s out here, almost everywhere on the blacktop - if you know where to look. Water can be gathered from almost all tiles. Now, is the dirty, sandy, germ-infested water of the Blacktop good for you? Absolutely not! There are major advantages to finding a source of fresh water, whether artificial or natural.

Shelter: The Blacktop is a hostile environment at best. Glowing rad-storms crawl across the landscape, poisoning and mutating everything that they touch. An angry, glaring sun blisters and withers the landscape during the day, and freezing winds blow across the dunes at night. Survivors can sleep outdoors, relying on flimsy blankets and miserable tarp coverings, but…it would be wise to avoid this.

(Note: The weather on the Blacktop at the start of the game is still nice, giving your chaps time to figure out a solution. Of course, who knows how long this nice weather will hold up?)

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:16 am

Olthenia wrote:Hey Hungary - nice to see you!

We're full on players right now, but I might be able to take one more. I'll know for sure once I've got the first turn down. Sound good?

Okay cool, I'll hold off on making the app then until you know for sure.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:17 am

Just realized some of us who are held up inside buildings beforehand are naturally protected from rad storms. So go me for living in an underground parking garage.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:19 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:*cough*

I like how most people aren't bothering with water.

Olth scammed me with the gurkin description; it read as if gurkins provided at least a modicum of water, but nay.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:21 am

Ralnis wrote:Just realized some of us who are held up inside buildings beforehand are naturally protected from rad storms. So go me for living in an underground parking garage.

At least until the burrowing radroaches come...

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:21 am

Ralnis wrote:Just realized some of us who are held up inside buildings beforehand are naturally protected from rad storms. So go me for living in an underground parking garage.

I'd assume most buildings are insufficient shelter, being bombed out ruins.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 am

Get those posts in errybody! This could be a fast turn 1!

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:27 am

Do we start with comprehension of local resources? Could I start cultivating Fibercorn, or do I need comprehension first? Also edited actions, hopefully that will suffice, hoping for some negotiation, but ah well.
Last edited by Pragia on Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:28 am

Pragia wrote:Do we start with comprehension of local resources? Could I start cultivating Fibercorn, or do I need comprehension first?

Harvesting and cultivation are different things - you need comprehension to cultivate, but you can harvest for food just fine

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:30 am

Pragia wrote:

It is the truth. But for now, I want to feel one of the cool kids.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

At least until the burrowing radroaches come...

Don't ruin my underground plan! Though I do need to find brushwood in order to use my chem dogs. Unless I can herd them through just domestication.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm

First update is ready to kick off as soon as all the posts are in. We'd like to keep things at a 24-48 hour clip, if possible.
Last edited by Lazarian on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Lazarian wrote:First update is ready to kick off as soon as all the posts are in. We'd like to keep things at a 24-48 hour clip, if possible.

Rads for the Rad God, Posts for the Post Throne?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:31 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Lazarian wrote:First update is ready to kick off as soon as all the posts are in. We'd like to keep things at a 24-48 hour clip, if possible.

Rads for the Rad God, Posts for the Post Throne?

The Post Throne is missing a cushion. Three more posts should do the trick!

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Pragia wrote:

Insufficient shelter ... but perfect fungus caves!
Do you think you know me?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:04 pm

Only a Ralnis remains! It’s UPDATE TIME, BABY

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse