NATION

PASSWORD

Blacktop Chronicles [OoC | Sign Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:45 pm

Crew Name: The Picketts
Origins: Nomadic Natives: Before the war, the wealthiest did their best to stave off the effects of the inevitable. Bunkers were built, safe houses were made, and vaults were secured. But these best efforts did not last forever - the sands of time quickly stripped away the safety and resources of these places, and the children of these vaults were soon spread amongst the wilds.

These survivors travelled in a vast horde of wagons, once. They roamed from place to place, unwilling to submit to meager farming or cruel barbarity. Tragically, the Picketts and their close friends were separated from the main caravan in the midst of a terrible rad storm - when the irradiated dust cleared, their families were long gone. But they are not going to simply lay down and die - ha! Their ancestors survived worse odds - and so shall they.

Members:
  • Jedidiah Lewis (Scout) - [Tough As Nails] [Scavenger]
  • James Pickett (Scout) - [Tough As Nails] [Stealthy]
  • Julie Pickett (Techie) - [Tough As Nails] [Smooth Talker]
  • William Hill (Techie) - [Tough As Nails] [Lucky]
  • Gabriel Lewis (Worker) - [Tough As Nails] [Gatherer]
  • Jessie Pickett (Worker) - [Tough As Nails] [McGyver]
Starting Resource: Fresh Water, Bow, 3x Tents
Last edited by Lazarian on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:47 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:That's true, and I regret to not have a doctor honestly.

Come on down to the Children of the Spark! Reasonable rates, no questions asked. Our services come with the expectation of not attacking us, of course. Praise the Spark!

I'll do one even better for you. I'll protect you if you patch me up and open trade with my crew.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:01 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Come on down to the Children of the Spark! Reasonable rates, no questions asked. Our services come with the expectation of not attacking us, of course. Praise the Spark!

I'll do one even better for you. I'll protect you if you patch me up and open trade with my crew.

Assuming we’re not on opposite sides of the map, I’m down :P
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:21 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I'll do one even better for you. I'll protect you if you patch me up and open trade with my crew.

Assuming we’re not on opposite sides of the map, I’m down :P

True, I hope that's possible. Don't know how to grow a criminal gang that can't really do much raiding of caravans and have to find my settlements.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:14 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Functionally speaking, I'd be more glad you have a doctor yourself - a band without any combat-oriented individuals is probably going to be dealing with a lot of injuries if they find anything vaguely valuable.

That sounds like a threat, Mister Tech :p I think I’ll be able to handle myself.

Oh that wasn't a threat. Just a guess that NPC raiders will be a thing, as will guardians of any decent loot.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:23 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:That sounds like a threat, Mister Tech :p I think I’ll be able to handle myself.

Oh that wasn't a threat. Just a guess that NPC raiders will be a thing, as will guardians of any decent loot.

Well my understanding is you don’t have to have fighter types to equip weapons, so tech superiority will be my focus.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:37 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:That sounds like a threat, Mister Tech :p I think I’ll be able to handle myself.

Can't wait to beat them into subservience in order to rebuild the Road Warriors in the name of Humongous, the Lord Humongous!

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:00 am

Lazarian wrote:Crew Name: The Picketts
Origins: Nomadic Natives: Before the war, the wealthiest did their best to stave off the effects of the inevitable. Bunkers were built, safe houses were made, and vaults were secured. But these best efforts did not last forever - the sands of time quickly stripped away the safety and resources of these places, and the children of these vaults were soon spread amongst the wilds.

These survivors travelled in a vast horde of wagons, once. They roamed from place to place, unwilling to submit to meager farming or cruel barbarity. Tragically, the Picketts and their close friends were separated from the main caravan in the midst of a terrible rad storm - when the irradiated dust cleared, their families were long gone. But they are not going to simply lay down and die - ha! Their ancestors survived worse odds - and so shall they.

Members:
  • Jedidiah Lewis (Scout) - [Tough As Nails] [Scavenger]
  • James Pickett (Scout) - [Tough As Nails] [Stealthy]
  • Julie Pickett (Techie) - [Tough As Nails] [Smooth Talker]
  • William Hill (Techie) - [Tough As Nails] [Lucky]
  • Gabriel Lewis (Worker) - [Tough As Nails] [Gatherer]
  • Jessie Pickett (Worker) - [Tough As Nails] [McGyver]
Starting Resource: Fresh Water, Bow, 3x Tents

Looks legit. J'accept, and welcome.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:01 am

@GAmeTopians: Resource list should be good 'n updated now, so take your pick.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:46 am

Olthenia wrote:@GAmeTopians: Resource list should be good 'n updated now, so take your pick.

Can we get le tech list? My starting tech choices might affect the resource I want.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:46 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Olthenia wrote:@GAmeTopians: Resource list should be good 'n updated now, so take your pick.

Can we get le tech list? My starting tech choices might affect the resource I want.

Should be up within an hour or two.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:50 am

Olthenia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Can we get le tech list? My starting tech choices might affect the resource I want.

Should be up within an hour or two.

Ain't nobody need tech. Forget the promise of enlightenment and progress. The only constants are dust, and blood.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:35 am

If everyone could TG me a descrption of the general area they'd like like their crew to start in, I think we're good to go.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:11 am

My body is ready.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Actually very happy with my first few thoughts bubbling for this setting. Intro should be lovely.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:50 pm

Guessing we can explore our starting regions?

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:26 pm

Ralnis wrote:Guessing we can explore our starting regions?

If you're so inclined, yep!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:28 pm

Olthenia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Guessing we can explore our starting regions?

If you're so inclined, yep!

Let's hope there some Brain Fungus in the underground. If not, then I better get lucky with my worker.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:00 pm

Ladies and gentlemen - she's up.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:26 pm

How many turns do survivors have before they start to face starvation and dehydration? Also, can I eat raw meat without fear of sickness?

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:How many turns do survivors have before they start to face starvation and dehydration? Also, can I eat raw meat without fear of sickness?

1) You’ll find out!
2) I think campfires are free, so by default, meat is cooked. I mean, if you really want your guys to eat it raw, they totally could. There isn’t a debuff for that. Yet.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Lazarian wrote:
Ralnis wrote:How many turns do survivors have before they start to face starvation and dehydration? Also, can I eat raw meat without fear of sickness?

1) You’ll find out!
2) I think campfires are free, so by default, meat is cooked. I mean, if you really want your guys to eat it raw, they totally could. There isn’t a debuff for that. Yet.

1) Just asking since I got no water source so I'm a timer from turn 1, among everyone else who doesn't have it.
2) That's good, was thinking how I tend to my Chem Dog flocks and not over eat them or die from diseases if I don't know how to cook.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:46 pm

Crew Name: Apollo Inc. Field Team BTP-02
Origins: The companies of the Coast always have a hunger for resources and knowledge that the old world has to offer, but it is Apollo that has set its sights on Blacktop. Apollo being pre-eminent traders and developers of pre-war reclamation projects, this new attempt will be a challenge the caliber of which they have not yet faced. Their first team having disappeared to an unknown fate early on in their first attempt, the second have made their way to the outskirts of town to set up a forward base camp to operate from.(Chartered Company)
Members:
Marcus Baltar - Techie [Understanding]
Logan Trellis - Fighter [Sharpshooter]
Nathan Morris - Scout [Scavenger]
Sahana Moyer - Scout [Pillager][Prybar][Lockpick]
Kelly Donoghue – Worker [Smooth Talker]
Starting Resource: Clean Water
Last edited by Pragia on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:16 am, edited 9 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:08 pm

Also just noting that I’m sure you can gather some quantity of low-quality water from streams and puddles - that’s probably something you want to start out doing. Iirc, each turn is a month? So no water for a month is going to be -spicy-.

Pragia wrote:Crew Name: Apollo Inc. Field Team BTP-02
Origins: The companies of the Coast always have a hunger for resources and knowledge that the old world has to offer, but it is Apollo that has set its sights on Blacktop. Apollo being pre-eminent traders and developers of pre-war reclamation projects, this new attempt will be a challenge the caliber of which they have not yet faced. Their first team having disappeared to an unknown fate early on in their first attempt, the second have made their way deeper into the city to set up shop and discover the secrets of the city. (Chartered Company)
Members:
Logan Trellis - Fighter [Tough as Nails]
Sahana Moyer - Scout [Pillager]
Starting Resource: Glitterworld Cosmetics

Hey Pragia!

One note I have is that Cosmetics are definitely a City resource, and nobody starts out in the City, so you’ll probably want to choose something else to speed your acceptance.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:13 pm

Also just noting that I’m sure you can gather some quantity of low-quality water from streams and puddles - that’s probably something you want to start out doing. Iirc, each turn is a month? So no water for a month is going to be -spicy-.

Pragia wrote:Crew Name: Apollo Inc. Field Team BTP-02
Origins: The companies of the Coast always have a hunger for resources and knowledge that the old world has to offer, but it is Apollo that has set its sights on Blacktop. Apollo being pre-eminent traders and developers of pre-war reclamation projects, this new attempt will be a challenge the caliber of which they have not yet faced. Their first team having disappeared to an unknown fate early on in their first attempt, the second have made their way deeper into the city to set up shop and discover the secrets of the city. (Chartered Company)
Members:
Logan Trellis - Fighter [Tough as Nails]
Sahana Moyer - Scout [Pillager]
Starting Resource: Glitterworld Cosmetics

Hey Pragia!

One note I have is that Cosmetics are definitely a City resource, and nobody starts out in the City, so you’ll probably want to choose something else to speed your acceptance.

Shoot! Thanks for that, was wanting to start dangerously, but I'll revise

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse