NATION

PASSWORD

Workers of the World, Unite! [OOC/AH/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grand New Columbia
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand New Columbia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:59 am

-DELETED-
Last edited by Grand New Columbia on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 pm

Grand New Columbia wrote:-snip-

Denied, for the following reasons:

1. Canada was, according to various apps, invaded by the AUS as a result of the UK siding with the Nazis for a brief period due to differing circumstances during WWII. Canada would likely be communist, just as the United Commonwealth of Britain is as a result of its communist revolt that was aided by the AUS invading the Isles as it fought in WWII.
2. Even if you have no NS-based RP experience, it would be preferable if you at the very least wrote a sample IC post in a spoiler in the RP Sample section.

If you can rectify those issues, and your writing sample is good, I will, of course, be willing to accept such an application. But as things stand, I'm sorry.
Last edited by The V O I D on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:01 am

NATION APPLICATION
United Kingdom of Yugoslavia
Ujedinjeno Kraljevina Jugoslavija
Уједињено Краљевевина Југославија

Yugoslavia

Government Type: Union state under a constitutional Parliamentary monarchy

The United Kingdom of Yugoslavia is a Union state based on a constitutional monarchy. The people of the United Kingdom vote for a member of the Parliament to speak for them and to make laws for them. Peter II is the King of Yugoslavia and is the head of state. The government, led by the Prime Minister, governs the country and appoints cabinet ministers. The prime minister serves a five year term and is able to have two terms as long as they have the support of the Assembly. Elections happens every five years for general election to choose members of the constitutional assembly and four years for members for regional assembly of the five countries

The Constitutional Assembly is where laws are made. It has three parts: the National Chamber, the Senate, and the King. The National Chamber is the most powerful part. It is where Members of Parliament sit. The Prime Minister sits here as well because they are a Member of Parliament.The five countries of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Monetengro, Slovenia has its own devolved Parliament and first minister who are voted by the regional parliament with the power to make laws on things like education, health and regional law. The Constitutional Assembly is sovereign and it could end the devolved administrations at any time.

Head of State: King Peter II Karađorđević
Head of Government: Prime Minister Milovan Djilas
Capital: Belgrade
Population: 15.500.000
Military Population: 400.000
Territory: Modern day Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, North macedonia, Monetengro, Slovenia, and Serbia
Territorial Conflicts: N/A
Alignment: CTO
History:

During the closing stages of the second world war, Yugoslavia became a battleground between the Yugoslav resistance against the axis but infighting between the communist partisans and the royalist chetniks lead by Josip Broz Tito. The chetniks were more open to collaborate between the differing ethnic groups of yugoslavia, promising a united yugoslavia without the majority rule of the serbs which greatly increased their numbers. The chetniks are also more active in resisting german occupation rather than waiting for help from the allies,

The penultimate moment that decided the fate of the chetniks was when Partisan leader Draža mihailovich was killed in action and the communist partisans started to crumble. Without the leadership of mihailovich, the high commands of the partisan fractured the organization, forming different splinter groups. With help from Russia, the chetniks swiftly liberated Yugoslavia from german occupation. At the end of ww2 a new constitution was drafted by representatives of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia proclaiming Yugoslavia as a Union of countries under a constitutional monarchy, with partisan leader Josip Broz Tito serving as the country's first Prime minister from 1950-1960 elected to serve two terms.

Under TIto, the economy recovered, major reconstruction programs reversed the damage done during the second world war, and he industrialized and modernized the countrywhich brought prosperity to Yugoslavia. However, Tito also worked hard to erase ethnic lines which garnered criticism and had disagreements with the Russian Prime minister stalin which almost made yugoslavia leave the CTO. While tito's term as prime minister had ended, he handpicked Milovan Djilas as his successor. After the November 1959 election, Djilas and his party, the Yugoslav Nationals won the majority seats in parliament and he was elected prime minister. Promising normalization of relations with russia after the Tito-Stalin split and a continuation for the economic growth for Yugoslavia. However Tito may not be out of the picture just yet, as he was elected as the first minister of Croatia and remains to have considerable influence both in zagreb and belgrade

RP Examples: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=491838
#WWU! Do NOT Remove!
Last edited by The Pearl River on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Chinese Kaohsiung
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Kaohsiung » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:40 am

Is it possible to create a union of nations consisting of Argentina, Falklands, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay? If so, I would like to reserve it. If not, having Argentina and Falklands (if not already occupied) would be alright as well.
Last edited by Chinese Kaohsiung on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nitrana
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nitrana » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:19 am

Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:Is it possible to create a union of nations consisting of Argentina, Falklands, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay? If so, I would like to reserve it. If not, having Argentina and Falklands (if not already occupied) would be alright as well.

Yes, I don’t think there’s anyone in South America. Just wanna ask, would it be communist?
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen protests DID happen, and the Chinese government is a dictatorship. Deal with it.
An alt world STRONK Slovakia where the duchy of Nitra never fell, adopted Christianity and defended it. It also established as a regional superpower. It controls the lands of Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia. The Hungarians also never were a major culture!
I like countryballs. I play HOI4 and Minecraft. That’s it lol
I do use NS stats, but not every one of them. (Monogamy? DATS HERECY!)
ЗупинітьПутіна

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:26 am

Nitrana wrote:
Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:Is it possible to create a union of nations consisting of Argentina, Falklands, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay? If so, I would like to reserve it. If not, having Argentina and Falklands (if not already occupied) would be alright as well.

Yes, I don’t think there’s anyone in South America. Just wanna ask, would it be communist?

rude, i'm in south america
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Nitrana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nitrana » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 am

Hispida wrote:
Nitrana wrote:Yes, I don’t think there’s anyone in South America. Just wanna ask, would it be communist?

rude, i'm in south america

Sorry :(
Last edited by Nitrana on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen protests DID happen, and the Chinese government is a dictatorship. Deal with it.
An alt world STRONK Slovakia where the duchy of Nitra never fell, adopted Christianity and defended it. It also established as a regional superpower. It controls the lands of Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia. The Hungarians also never were a major culture!
ЗупинітьПутіна

Chinese Kaohsiung
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Kaohsiung » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:36 am

Nitrana wrote:

No, with the irl history of these countries, I'm envisioning it to be the last holdout of democracy and where exiles of the various now Communist nations, especially the US go to in the hopes of reclaiming their homeland.

But the government itself is still on the fence in terms of these issues. They want the economic benefits of having rich educated immigrants but don't want to irritate their powerful neighbors just yet, especially since the union, formed out of fear of the growing red movement is shakey enough already.
Last edited by Chinese Kaohsiung on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nitrana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nitrana » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:38 am

Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:
Nitrana wrote:Yes, I don’t think there’s anyone in South America. Just wanna ask, would it be communist?

No, with the irl history of these countries, I'm envisioning it to be the last holdout of democracy and where exiles of the various now Communist nations, especially the US go to in the hopes of reclaiming their homeland.

Another thing, would it be in an anti-communist faction, such as the CTO or the Entente?
ЗупинітьПутіна

Chinese Kaohsiung
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Kaohsiung » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:43 am

Nitrana wrote:
Chinese Kaohsiung wrote:

Another thing, would it be in an anti-communist faction, such as the CTO or the Entente?

As of now, the union would be in neither. As the current government is rather isolatist, but there is very strong entente sentiments among the refugees, a large section of which serve in the mid to upper echelon of the military. There's also strong desire to join the CTO from the Business elite as they do alot of trade with the CTO,particularly with China.
Last edited by Chinese Kaohsiung on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse