NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: Pax Deorum (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:24 pm

Name: Azrael (Azzie for short, doesn't know his real name)
Pantheon: Greek
Domain(s): Underworld, Rebirth, and Death
Parents: Hades is one of his fathers, for the others he does not know.
Appearance:

Powers: Life Drain: Azrael can drain the life of a person or animal with a simple touch. Though he has control of this, it does drain his stamina leaving him exhausted
Rebirth: He can bring people back to life, at the cost of part of his soul.
Mists of Tartarus: Azrael is able to become intangible, and assume a mist like form where he is immune from damage.
Charon's Key: He is able to freely come and go from the Underworld without trouble.

Background (At least two paragraphs): Azrael was born in Greece, where he was found by a spirit of a Spartan General named Ariston. This wandering spirit touched this new god-baby and was resurrected. Since Ariston was given new life he decided to take in Azrael and raise him as his own. For years the two of them traveled the world, Azrael was taught how to fight like a spartan while both of them learned of this new and modern world. While being called Boy by Astrion for most of his life, Azrael discovered his current name while browsing a bookstore at one of their stops. It was also there he encountered his first death, and in turn, realized he was the son of Hades himself.

Azrael found the soul of a man who had recently passed. Although he did not realize it at the time, he knew he had to take this lost soul back to its final destination. Almost on instinct, Azrael led the wayward soul back into the Underworld. There he met Hades, rare that the god made time for others but, he revealed that he was one of his parents. He also reveals that Azrael was conceived dead and that there was another that gave him life, and that he would lose something he cared about very soon. Azrael returned to the mortal world with this new information. Soon after, Astrion told him the truth, but Astrion did not know who his other parents were. Months would pass and slowly Azrael discovered his new abilities and functions. But tragedy struck as Astrion was killed during a robbery gone wrong. Azrael decided that it would be he himself that would take Astrion to his final resting place. Again Azrael met Hades, who revealed that his brother Zeus had a school for gods like him. Azrael returned to the mortal plane this time in front of the school of Holy High.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in the post below): Power Management, Diplomacy, Gym, Magic
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in the post below): Art, Stargazing
Last edited by Tarnen on Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Hahoalki
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hahoalki » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:57 pm

Name: Sun Xingzhe

Pantheon: Chinese

Domain(s): honorable combat, ranging from a Just War to an all-in-good-fun schoolyard bout.

Parents: Dad is Sun Wukong, mom is Longnu

Appearance: short (about 5' 4"), slender and wiry, longer than average arms, vaguely Asian appearance, dark eyes, has a mohawk ("Just like uncle Zhu!"). Has an unusual fondness for loose-fitting tiger print clothes.

Powers: ...hoo boy.

Super-Physicality - strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina, and coordination are all at the absolute upper limit of what a 16 year old god can achieve.

Doppelgangers - can produce about half a dozen "duplicates" of himself from hairs. Yes, only a half a dozen, he's not as good at it as his father. Cut him some slack, he's still young.

Shape-shifting - can modify his appearance or even transform into animals (or an overpowered ape, or a small, flightless "flood dragon").

Spatial Manipulation - can literally somersault to the antipodes... provided he doesn't have to go through walls or something. That results in either a damaged Xingzhe or a damaged wall. Distance manipulation is the extent of it, though. You won't see him manipulating gravity or something.

Supernatural Aptitude - he learns abnormally quickly, just like his father. If he paid any attention in class, he could probably get on the honor roll without breaking a sweat. This is not something he will do willingly. Unless it has something to do with fighting. Little bastard knows like eighteen different martial arts, from Judo to Krav Maga. It's also worth noting that he "borrowed" a second pillar from the Dragon King's house, which he stores behind his ear like a pencil.

Minor Hydrokinesis - he got the rest from his dad. This one's all on his mom.

Background: Sun Xingzhe issued from the union of the illustrious Sun Wukong and Longnu, a grand-daughter of the Dragon King who had become a Buddha some thousand years before Wukong met Tripitaka. He was raised in a Buddhist monastery, hearing the tales of his father and great grandfather fighting armies and challenging the Daoist pantheon. He wanted to be just like them, and wound up being quite the handful.

At around age eight, his parents decided to send him to the Heavenly Court. Why did they decide this? That depends. If you ask Longnu, she'll tell you it was so he could see the world and decide for himself if he wanted to be a Buddhist. If you ask Sun Wukong, however, he'll tell you that it was part of "a hilarious prank on that stuffy old coot that calls himself the Jade Emperor."

Wukong seems to have had a better handle on what his son was capable of. Xingzhe was just as bad as his father. No, he was worse. He actually used subtlety, and the havoc he wreaked was calculated. The poor Jade Emperor was at his wit's end as for how to deal with the sneaky little prankster. Until he came up with an idea: make the little rascal somebody else's problem! More concretely, he enrolled Sun Xingzhe in Holy High's exchange student program. The rest, as they say, was history.

Main Classes: P.E, Diplomacy, Power Control, Magic

Humanities: Art, Science, Dance
Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:41 pm

Tarnen wrote:Name: Azrael (Azzie for short, doesn't know his real name)
Domain(s): Underworld, Rebirth, and Death
Parents: Hades is one of his fathers, for the others he does not know.
Appearance:Azrael
Powers: Death Touch: Azrael can end the life of a person or animal with a simple touch. Though he has control of this, during times of extreme stress and anger, it could become uncontrollable.
Rebirth: He can bring people back to life, as they were if they had never died in the first place. He rarely does this as he considers it a disruption to the natural order of things.
Mists of Tartarus: Azrael is able to become intangible, and assume a mist like form where he is immune from damage.
Charon's Key: He is able to freely come and go from the Underworld without trouble.

Background (At least two paragraphs): Azrael was born in Greece, where he was found by a spirit of a Spartan General named Ariston. This wandering spirit touched this new god-baby and was resurrected. Since Ariston was given new life he decided to take in Azrael and raise him as his own. For years the two of them traveled the world, Azrael was taught how to fight like a spartan while both of them learned of this new and modern world. While being called Boy by Astrion for most of his life, Azrael discovered his current name while browsing a bookstore at one of their stops. It was also there he encountered his first death, and in turn, realized he was the son of Hades himself.

Azrael found the soul of a man who had recently passed. Although he did not realize it at the time, he knew he had to take this lost soul back to its final destination. Almost on instinct, Azrael led the wayward soul back into the Underworld. There he met Hades, rare that the god made time for others but, he revealed that he was one of his parents. He also reveals that Azrael was conceived dead and that there was another that gave him life, and that he would lose something he cared about very soon. Azrael returned to the mortal world with this new information. Soon after, Astrion told him the truth, but Astrion did not know who his other parents were. Months would pass and slowly Azrael discovered his new abilities and functions. But tragedy struck as Astrion was killed during a robbery gone wrong. Azrael decided that it would be he himself that would take Astrion to his final resting place. Again Azrael met Hades, who revealed that his brother Zeus had a school for gods like him. Azrael returned to the mortal plane this time in front of the school of Holy High.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in the post below): Power Management, Diplomacy, Gym, Magic
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in the post below): Art, Stargazing

I think this mostly works, but edit the powers to be a little less…OP. A finger of death, for example, can drain life, but at the cost of his own stamina, or at the cost of his own soul. Rebirth as well. Change those two things and we’re golden.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:43 pm

Hahoalki wrote:Name: Sun Xingzhe

Domain(s): honorable combat, ranging from a Just War to an all-in-good-fun schoolyard bout.

Appearance: short (about 5' 4"), slender and wiry, longer than average arms, vaguely Asian appearance, dark eyes, has a mohawk ("Just like uncle Zhu!"). Has an unusual fondness for loose-fitting tiger print clothes.

Super-Physicality - strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina, and coordination are all at the absolute upper limit of what a 16 year old god can achieve.

Doppelgangers - can produce about half a dozen "duplicates" of himself from hairs. Yes, only a half a dozen, he's not as good at it as his father. Cut him some slack, he's still young.

Shape-shifting - can modify his appearance or even transform into animals (or an overpowered ape, or a small, flightless "flood dragon").

Spatial Manipulation - can literally somersault to the antipodes... provided he doesn't have to go through walls or something. That results in either a damaged Xingzhe or a damaged wall. Distance manipulation is the extent of it, though. You won't see him manipulating gravity or something.

Supernatural Aptitude - he learns abnormally quickly, just like his father. If he paid any attention in class, he could probably get on the honor roll without breaking a sweat. This is not something he will do willingly. Unless it has something to do with fighting. Little bastard knows like eighteen different martial arts, from Judo to Krav Maga. It's also worth noting that he "borrowed" a second pillar from the Dragon King's house, which he stores behind his ear like a pencil.

Background: Sun Xingzhe issued from the union of the illustrious Sun Wukong and Longnu, a grand-daughter of the Dragon King who had become a Buddha some thousand years before Wukong met Tripitaka. He was raised in a Buddhist monastery, hearing the tales of his father and great grandfather fighting armies and challenging the Daoist pantheon. He wanted to be just like them, and wound up being quite the handful.

At around age eight, his parents decided to send him to the Heavenly Court. Why did they decide this? That depends. If you ask Longnu, she'll tell you it was so he could see the world and decide for himself if he wanted to be a Buddhist. If you ask Sun Wukong, however, he'll tell you that it was part of "a hilarious prank on that stuffy old coot that calls himself the Jade Emperor."

Wukong seems to have had a better handle on what his son was capable of. Xingzhe was just as bad as his father. No, he was worse. He actually used subtlety, and the havoc he wreaked was calculated. The poor Jade Emperor was at his wit's end as for how to deal with the sneaky little prankster. Until he came up with an idea: make the little rascal somebody else's problem! More concretely, he enrolled Sun Xingzhe in Holy High's exchange student program. The rest, as they say, was history.

Great app! I like that you included his strengths and weaknesses. Accepted!

Where do you want to plop down Sun?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:45 pm

Hahoalki wrote:Name: Sun Xingzhe

You should join the discord when you get a chance :)

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:23 pm

Azazel is accepted. Now to begin the clean-up of the OOC to include new deities, and to move some deities to non-active status.

Edit: Completed, let me know if anyone is looking to move characters from active to inactive, or vice-versa.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:18 am

Going to start today with the post having Hyperion bring the students along to meet Prometheus. Let me know if anyone has any questions or if I’m waiting on anyone’s posts before going on ahead.
-Alan Jackson

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:48 am

Another reminder that most activity is on the discord for anyone thinking of joining :)

Hallownest Eternal
Attaché

Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hallownest Eternal » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:14 pm

Name: Hoshiko(Colloquially "Astro Boy")
Pantheon: Shinto
Domain(s): Stars, Order, Gravity, lesser domains in Imprisonment and Blacksmithing
Parents: the August Star of Heaven, adopted by Amatsumara and later Omoikane after revelation of his abilities.
Appearance: From his torso and waist, Hoshiko looks like a normal young man, albeit with more youthful and boyish features. His eyes are oddly catlike, and his hair cut short-albeit somewhat ragged due to difficulties in maintaining it.
The illusion of boyishness, however, is disrupted by his limbs. Each limb is a hulking piece of iron, engraved with countless durability and protection symbols. They start off normally proportioned at the shoulders and hips, but quickly become bulky and imposing, with his legs terminating in elephantine pillars and the forearms being wide enough to pose as improvised shields, his hands giant and not as dexterous as organic counterparts. Due to his comically large limbs, he towers well over what would be proportioned well to his torso's size, giving him an almost ursine posture.

He typically goes about in large, baggy robes that conceal his limbs, tied shut with thick Shimenawa. He possesses combat armor, but prefers to keep it tidily kept away in a wardrobe somewhere. A Crown of a dozen or so miniature stars circles his head, providing little illumination.
Powers: Aside from the immense strength and durability of his limbs, Hoshiko is also capable of Gravikinesis-manipulation of gravity. Although this power is currently somewhat crude and inaccurate in its application, it is still capable of devastating damage under prolonged contact and disorienting shifts in the environment.

As a God of Order, Hoshiko passively anchors baseline reality within his vicinity in place, weakening the integrity of illusions and chaotic beings. This ability starts at around ~10 meters from him, and slowly grows stronger as it gets closer.

Hoshiko possesses a quartet of weapons, labeled as 'Lances of a Thousand Novae'. Each limb bears one of these weapons, an arcane mechanism embedded in either the forearm or the lower leg, with a lens-shaped aperture. These weapons have only been fired once, which exhibited a devastating effect on targets and the environment around them. However, they are limited-a dial on each limb shows the weapons only have 4 charges total remaining, with a maximum of ten. It is uncertain what will happen when they run out of charges, nor if they can be replenished, rendering them a last resort.

Finally, Hoshiko has an...unusual ability. Upon learning the full name of an entity, he can produce a slip of paper with the name written upon it, before folding it repeatedly in the manner of origami. The entity with the inscribed name will begin to fold in similar fashion, bending inwards on themselves until finally collapsing into a small, miniature star, imprisoned and joining the crown already orbiting about his head. It is unknown if they can be extracted from this imprisoned state.
Background (At least two paragraphs):
The August Star of Heaven was oddly absent from the war between Pantheons. Albeit disconcerting, the other Kami of the Shinto Pantheon welcomed the absence of the star-god's mischief, focusing on other matters as they defended their lands from other pantheons. Yet, the Star was not idle in his absence. Rather, he was elsewhere. Deep in drifts of nebulous gas and dust, surrounded by the shattered corpses of past stars and failed experiments, and using one such star as the anvil upon which the hammer of gravity and divine will pounded stellar iron and organic molecules into shape, forming his weapon, a new vector of interaction with the World.

His creation complete, he stealthily sent it to earth within a meteorite, the stone cracking apart on impact and releasing the new being. He had given it no name, merely a directive to wander, observe, and if necessary defend itself. And wander it did, across the lands of Japan. And observe it did, seeing the land ravaged by disaster and monsters. And, ultimately...defend itself, it did.

The Weapon had found itself near a village, watching from the safety of the treeline as the humans within went about their day. Its observations, though, were disrupted by the sudden alarm throughout the village, a monster in the process of emerging from the waters. Some creature from another pantheon, dropped in by mistake or design.

Of course, the Weapon could have left. It could have simply evaded the beast, and continued on its mission. Yet, it had...changed, perhaps. It was no longer an automaton, an object to the whims of another. Perhaps it was distance from the Star that had given it this independence, or perhaps it was always there, and merely manifested itself now, but it strode forward, into the midst of the village, arm blazing with the fury of a dying star, before everything went dark.

The rest of the Shinto pantheon was alerted to Hoshiko's existence from the conflagration of energy from the discharge of his abilities. When one among them arrived to investigate, they discovered an unconscious Hoshiko in a smouldering crater outside the village, the scorched and bisected monster's corpse, and a remarkably untouched village. With haste, the strange deity-clearly one imbued with artifice-was ferried to Takamagahara for study by Amatsumara. While in the latter's forges, Hoshiko awoke confused, his memories scrambled. Despite concerns from fellow deities, Amatsumara took the amnesiac godling under his wing, teaching them to forge using their strength and powers, their massive fists becoming as hammers as they hammered away prototypes that the forge god eventually turned into refined products.

Yet, this peaceful life came to an end as Hoshiko's memories returned. Amatsumara and his fellow Kami grew concerned. A child of the August Star, or as close as possible, but clearly...innocent. Not with the false innocence of a sleeping threat, but true, childlike innocence in the face of the world. Undeniable heroicism, and a youthful optimism, albeit he was aware of his origin and purpose. Due to this conflicting nature, they were taken under the ward of Omoikane, whose wisdom and counsel aided him in reconciling the conflicting natures. Shielded from the War, towards its end the Pax was established alongside Holy High, the Kami reluctantly releasing the August Star's spawn so that he may attend the academy, and hopefully learn more about reconciling his conflicting natures and the utilization of his abilities.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in post below):
Gym, Power Management, Science, Magic
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in post below):
Art, Dance, Counseling Period
The Last and Only Civilization, an Eternal Kingdom at the edge of the World.
A Land where no mask is to be borne, a land where all beings may walk in equal stature.
Welcome, Traveler, to Hallownest.

DISCLAIMER: Many of this nation's formatting choices are made in regards to the Dark Theme. It is recommended that you view posts, dispatches, etc in the Dark Theme for an optimal experience.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:39 pm

Hoshiko is accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:35 am

NPC Application
Name: Aodhan, Attendant to Prince Deaglan
Pantheon: Celtic
Domain(s): Light, Fire, and Summer
Parents: Gifted by ????? to the Prince Deaglan as his lifelong attendant
Appearance: It presents itself as a small firebird chick, with horns on its head. Other pantheons witness it as an appropariately remarkable firebird. If it wanted to present in a humanoid form, Aodhan presents itself in a male elfin avatar dressed in robes made with woven tangible light.
Powers:
Summer's Protector: Aodhan follows the Prince and protects him, and its presence amplifies the Prince's power as if a battery to the forces of his Summer Valley.
Sunlit Wrath: Aodhan freely commands the forces of fire and light, and their derivative symbols, and could use them in all sorts of ways.
Eternal Ember of Life: If a scenario that leads to Aodhan's death happens, the firebird can resurrect itself once at will and further resurrection leads it encased in an indestructible egg of fire. This resurrection then takes three days to a week to complete. Aodhan regains its power of instant resurrection by the end of the month.
Fragment of Magic: Aodhan is the sworn protector of the Prince's Magic and domains and the sanctity of magic and fantasy itself. It senses offenses to it, and could wield great magical powers himself.
Background:

Once upon a time, when the sun burned ninefold in the sky and the the moons danced thrice upon thrice the steps upon the twilight sky, a guest arrived during a most auspicious ceremony. Amidst cheers and trumpets and joyous shouts of celebration, this stranger waltz with nobility to stand before the Queen and her beloved son. Bearing a fond smile and greetings of prosperity, the stranger kneeled in front of the Prince to present a gift. An egg, shining like a gemstone of ruby and topaz, that burns within with the fire of the sun.

"Take this gift I grant you, Prince of the Summer Valley, for your name day... It is a gift of companionship, of friendship... and of trust. The world may stand against you... but know that you are not alone. Here is my promise... across many lifetimes... Happy birthday, Deaglan."

With a soft smile, leaving behind words that seem nonsensical to the Prince, the unknown personage left with polite and friendly courtesies to the Queen Mother. It seems foolish, perhaps, to think that a Prince would have any need for companionship. A Prince has no shortage for allies and sycophants to decorate their thrones and to gossip in their halls. A Prince certainly does not lack for servants and attendants, for knights and valets.

But as aeons pass, throughout the cycles of many eternities, ever since the sun forged egg hatched into a dazzling bird of fire... it never left the Prince of Summer's side. Through many trials of betrayals, political games, and hardships uncountable... that gifted bird never left and never faltered in its oaths. It stayed and not just as an attendant and a servant, but a genuine friend to the Prince.

Name: Eleos the Shepherd (Nymph of Retribution)
Pantheon: Greek (Formerly), [REDACTED]
Domain(s): Redemption, Mercy, Freedom
Parents: Nemesis
Appearance: Eleos takes the form of a humanoid woman, dressed in simple white robes that changes depending on the belief of those who looks at her. Her robes change into the appropriate dress of clergy depending on the person's faith. To a God, they see the clothing of their most faithful. She has her hair bald shaven, with four horns that curl and join together into two halo-like structures above her head. Two white heavenly wings sprout from her back.
Powers:
Release the Bindings: Eleos has the power to break shackles or any symbol of oppression and jailment. The containing seals and powers of Gods are beyond her power, but she can wear down such seals through intricate and time-consuming rituals

Grace of Mercy: Eleos has the power to grant miraculous healing to those she touches, healing even the most grievous of wounds.

Heart of Compassion, Soul of Guilt: Eleos' presence and aura exudes the power of an all-forgiving being, and moves the minds and hearts of those who have sinned or faulted against Divine Law. She has the unconscious power to affect believers, and those she frees from their bindings.
Background:

Eleos was once a faithful servant to the Primordial Nemesis. She once took her born duty with blind faith, understanding that she is born to punish those who break laws and oaths.

But the heft and gravity of her duty has worn down on her soul for many, many eons. Many are punished not for true sin, but the sin of aggravating Gods. The War in Heaven destroyed many countries and many lands, and many lives have fallen under the wrath of Gods. By the end of the war, the poor Punisher was broken at the state of the world. She tried to save those who rightfully needs, and punished those who rightfully deserves, but too many died and too many were punished for nothing.

One day, as she travels through the broken lands, she finds an idol wrapped in chains. It spoke to her, saying it was a forgotten God imprisoned unfairly. It spoke that it was a God whose heart of kindness became its downfall, and those who hated its kindness sealed it away. It said it was called the Bound Weeper, and it weeps for the world and those slain and imprisoned.

It granted her a blessing, a promise and grace with its "remaining" power. It freed her from service of the Primordial, but asked for her service in saving those bound such as it. To save those unjustly imprisoned, and to save the Bound Weeper itself.
Last edited by Finsternia on Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:46 am

NPC apps will be added to the OP shortly.
-Alan Jackson

Barum alliance
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 04, 2023
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Barum alliance » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:35 am

Note: capital H Hel refers to the god and lowercase h hel is referring to the place

Name: draki (dray-key) lokibur, draconian protector of hel
Pantheon:Nordic
Domain(s): fire, the passage from life to death, the dead, rebirth
Parents: Loki and Hel (result of a blood oath between them)
Appearance:
Dragon form 62’3”- https://w0.peakpx.com/wallpaper/440/525/HD-wallpaper-green-fire-dragon-dark.jpg
Half-dragon form 5’4”- https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a0/c0/b6/a0c0b6bf898710cb87c38bc21439f3b3.jpg
Humanoid form -5’4” (has two small black horns that curve up from their temples https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5f/35/1c/5f351c623cabc31add7b4348908476dc.jpg

Powers:
- has a black flame breath that erases mortal souls from the afterlife and uses their energy to create a new soul in the living world but for immortals and half-immortals it’s just burns them
-shapeshifting. Can take on many forms as well as a humanoid form and humanoid half-dragon form (their true form is a green and black dragon)
- can use seidr*, runic, and illusion magic but isn’t very great at the first two. *(a type of Nordic magic that only women can use in Norse mythology Odin became a woman for a short time to gain access to it. It allows the summoning of allies, the catching of arrows out of the air, reflecting charms and curses back on their casters, weather control, charms, curses, and knowledge gathering among other similar uses)

Draki, born from the blood of hel and Loki, was an unforeseen child. Loki offered to help protect Hel during the myth wars and she in return vowed the same to him. With this pact a new deific monster was born to Loki. the daconic protector of the realm of the dead, hel. Draki was fond of their “parents” and they in kind were fond to them. Many of their childhood years were spent with Hel learning to ferry the dead to their proper halls in the afterlife based on which gods had claim to their souls as well as learning how to protect the gates from escapees.
After the war was over draki was always busy and there were too many souls to sort and to keep from escaping. eventually the role had to be delegated to other lesser spirits and deities. Now that war was over and the rebuilding had started Loki thought it would be a good idea to send draki to holy high to train their developing powers, magic, and fighting capabilities in case of another war, that way Hel and him wouldn’t have t worry so much over the safety of their child. Draki is more than excited for a change of scenery and the chance to improve but they want nothing more than to make their parents proud.

Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in post below): power management, pe, magic, diplomacy

Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in post below):art, stargazing, dance
Last edited by Barum alliance on Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:25 am

Barum alliance wrote:Note: capital H Hel refers to the god and lowercase h hel is referring to the place

Name: draki (dray-key) lokison, draconian protector of hel
Pantheon:Nordic
Domain(s): fire, the passage from life to death, the dead, rebirth
Parents: Loki and Hel (result of a blood oath between them)
Appearance:
Dragon form - https://w0.peakpx.com/wallpaper/440/525/HD-wallpaper-green-fire-dragon-dark.jpg
Half-dragon form - https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a0/c0/b6/a0c0b6bf898710cb87c38bc21439f3b3.jpg
Humanoid form - (has two small black horns that curve up from their temples https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5f/35/1c/5f351c623cabc31add7b4348908476dc.jpg

Powers:
- has a black flame breath that erases mortal souls from the afterlife and uses their energy to create a new soul in the living world but for immortals and half-immortals it’s just burns them
-shapeshifting. Can take on many forms as well as a humanoid form and humanoid half-dragon form (their true form is a green and black dragon)
- can use seidr*, runic, and illusion magic but isn’t very great at the first two. *(a type of Nordic magic that only women can use in Norse mythology Odin became a woman for a short time to gain access to it. It allows the summoning of allies, the catching of arrows out of the air, reflecting charms and curses back on their casters, weather control, charms, curses, and knowledge gathering among other similar uses)

Draki, born from the blood of hel and Loki, was an unforeseen child. Loki offered to help protect Hel during the myth wars and she in return vowed the same to him. With this pact a new deific monster was born to Loki. the daconic protector of the realm of the dead, hel. Draki was fond of their “parents” and they in kind were fond to them. Many of their childhood years were spent with Hel learning to ferry the dead to their proper halls in the afterlife based on which gods had claim to their souls as well as learning how to protect the gates from escapees.
After the war was over draki was always busy and there were too many souls to sort and to keep from escaping. eventually the role had to be delegated to other lesser spirits and deities. Now that war was over and the rebuilding had started Loki thought it would be a good idea to send draki to holy high to train their developing powers, magic, and fighting capabilities in case of another war, that way Hel and him wouldn’t have t worry so much over the safety of their child. Draki is more than excited for a change of scenery and the chance to improve but they want nothing more than to make their parents proud.

Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in post below): power management, pe, magic, diplomacy

Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in post below):art, stargazing, dance

Accepted! Welcome aboard! Would you like the Discord link?
-Alan Jackson

Barum alliance
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 04, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Barum alliance » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:50 am

Yes please

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:11 am

Name: Turock(Inuit)/Ulfr(Norse)
Pantheon: Inuit, Norse
Domain(s): Winter, Earth, and Hunting
Parents: Amaguq, Skadi
Appearance:

Powers: Wolf Mimicry - Tulok can change into the form of a big black wolf. Standing about 9ft tall he easily can look down at the average human. He can safely stay in this form for an hour without stress. Any longer and he becomes more feral and more likely to attack his friends. He gets extremely weakened when he assumes his mortal form again, and requires rest for 3 to 4 days, for now, he only uses it for emergencies only.

Earth Manipulation - he can manipulate earth. He can throw rocks up to 100 lbs with ease. And use earth to make armor for himself in fighting situations.

Enhanced Senses - Turock's sense of smell, taste, vision and hearing are all enhanced. This has enabled him to become a very proficient hunter, although the downside is that any sense can be overwhelmed very easily.

Background (At least two paragraphs): Tulok was born to Amaguq, the Wolf God, and Skadi, a Jotunn and Goddess of bowhunting, winter, and the mountains. For the first few years of his life, Turock's existence was kept a secret from his parent's patheon of gods. But the Norse gods found out about the wolf boy, and killed Skadi's father as a consquence. Skadi was sent into a rage and left Tulok and Turock for revenge, and she was never seen again. But the Inuit gods were more welcome of the new son. For years he was taught the ways of the Gods and how to use his abilities effciently. But when more Europeans began to arrive and bring their gods with them, Tulok sent his son to Otherworld, for fear of another great war of the gods. From time to time Turock would journey from Otherworld back into the human world. Though time moved differently, for every year that passed in Otherworld, 55 years would past on Earth. So Turock saw the advancement of the Americas in a very short amount of time. When he turned 18 Turock decided to stay on Earth, experience more then he had done before. Tulock then told his son of a school for godlings such as himself to attend. He made his way to the Appalachian Mountains to Holy High.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in the post below): Science, Power Management, PE, Diplomacy
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in the post below): Stargazing, Magic
Last edited by Tarnen on Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:20 am

Tarnen wrote:Name: Turock(Inuit)/Ulfr(Norse)
Pantheon: Inuit, Norse
Domain(s): Winter, Earth, and Hunting
Parents: Amaguq, Skadi
Appearance:
Powers: Wolf Mimicry - Tulok can change into the form of a big black wolf. Standing about 9ft tall he easily can look down at the average human. He can safely stay in this form for an hour without stress. Any longer and he becomes more feral and more likely to attack his friends. He gets extremely weakened when he assumes his mortal form again, and requires rest for 3 to 4 days, for now, he only uses it for emergencies only.

Earth Manipulation - he can manipulate earth. He can throw rocks up to 100 lbs with ease. And use earth to make armor for himself in fighting situations.

Enhanced Senses - Turock's sense of smell, taste, vision and hearing are all enhanced. This has enabled him to become a very proficient hunter, although the downside is that any sense can be overwhelmed very easily.

Background (At least two paragraphs): Tulok was born to Amaguq, the Wolf God, and Skadi, a Jotunn and Goddess of bowhunting, winter, and the mountains. For the first few years of his life, Turock's existence was kept a secret from his parent's patheon of gods. But the Norse gods found out about the wolf boy, and killed Skadi's father as a consquence. Skadi was sent into a rage and left Tulok and Turock for revenge, and she was never seen again. But the Inuit gods were more welcome of the new son. For years he was taught the ways of the Gods and how to use his abilities effciently. But when more Europeans began to arrive and bring their gods with them, Tulok sent his son to Otherworld, for fear of another great war of the gods. From time to time Turock would journey from Otherworld back into the human world. Though time moved differently, for every year that passed in Otherworld, 55 years would past on Earth. So Turock saw the advancement of the Americas in a very short amount of time. When he turned 18 Turock decided to stay on Earth, experience more then he had done before. Tulock then told his son of a school for godlings such as himself to attend. He made his way to the Appalachian Mountains to Holy High.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in the post below): Science, Power Management, PE, Diplomacy
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in the post below): Stargazing, Magic

Accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:04 pm

Barum, I've responded to your character with Patriah!

Everyone else, the choices are yours!
-Alan Jackson

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:07 pm

Name: Coatrisquie, Herald of Lightning
Pantheon: Taino
Domain(s): Lightning, storms, hurricanes, flood waters, torrential downpours, warriors
Parents: Guabancex (mother), unknown Wind Spirit (father)
Appearance: Coatrisquie, a much more physical-associated god than his two siblings, is rather tall even for a spirit (standing a full head taller than Abaguabana); his build is much more muscular than that of his siblings, and his hair is much longer as well, extending to his lower back, and unlike Abaguabana, Coatrisquie does not tie his hair into knots or buns to reduce their length, preferring to instead keep it long. Whereas Abaguabana's human avatar is decidedly human in appearance, Coatrisquie chooses to instead use an avatar that much more vividly reflect his nature as a spirit - his skin is not tanned, but bronze, metallic at that, using the same metallic skin colors that are endemic to all divine spirits. He possesses similar tattoos to his youngest brother, which start at his wrists, extend through his arms, and end upon his pectoral muscles. Whereas Abaguabana's ritual tattoos symbolize the sun and ocean, Coatrisquie's tattoos reflect his pride as one of the greatest of the wind spirits - depicting solely patterns of clouds, the Milky Way, the birds, and the wrath of the hurricane.

Much like other spirits, he is a shapeshifter, and his form is typically never reflective of his true form. His true form is that of a massive hawk spirit, wreathed in lightning and clouds, with a wingspan of several feet, and talons made from what seem to be solidified yet continuously arcing electricity. Though Coatrisquie very much prefers his true form as an enormous hawk spirit, he chooses to use a human avatar for ease of interacting with the environment and his followers.

Personality: Compared to Abaguabana, Coatrisquie is a much more aggressive and hotheaded individual who does not willingly submit to others without a good reason. A warrior at heart, Coatrisque disdains the ideals of rulership and does not pay very much attention to those that follow him. He does not have particular patience for planning or strategy, and even through life, Coatrisquie prefers to simply "go with the flow" and move as life takes him. While it is charted to his nature as a wind spirit and likely inherited from his mother, who was even more capricious, it cannot be denied that Coatrisquie lacks the patience of other gods. Though where others would take offense at being called such, Coatrisquie does not deny his nature and knows what he is, leading for him to be perfectly happy with his lot in life and preferring to leave matters of importance to his brothers who he feels are much more better suited than he will ever be.

Though prideful to a fault and unwilling to back down, Coatrisquie does maintain some sort of friendly demeanor to others, though his attitude is certainly prone to bouts of sarcasm and he is unafraid to call out, or even insult, those greater than him - even (or especially) when they consider themselves "above" him, which is something Coatrisquie tends to take as a personal slight against his character. In comparison to his more pacifistic brother Abaguabana and his more compassionate (though still somewhat aggressive) twin Guatauba, Coatrisquie's true calling is battle - he finds himself bored easily when not "dealing" with the dark spirits of the spirit world, and thoroughly enjoys himself whenever crushing resistance. It was Coatrisquie's enjoyment of power that had him not only happily follow his mother during their hurricanes (compared to Abaguabana who strongly disliked the idea of creating a hurricane, and Guatauba who ensured to create warning signs for individuals to get away) but also what had him happily accept the shard of Juracan within him, seeing the elder destruction god's essence as a way to increase his power. It was these qualities that nearly had Coatrisquie locked within Soraya alongside his mother following the Dying, but his dedication to his family and his genuine love for the Spirit World saved him from such a fate.

Powers:
Shapeshifting
Much like his brother and the other spirits, Coatrisquie is a shapeshifter, and can freely change his human form into whatever appearance he wishes. Unlike Abaguabana's shapeshifting, who's domain over the sea enables to change him into anything within the bounds of the ocean, Coatrisquie lacks these abilities, though his status as a wind spirit and prince of the sky chiefdom Aumatex means that he is capable of transforming into birds, and his particularly two favored forms is that of a hawk, and that of a seagull.

Electrokinesis and Weather Control
First of the Hurricane Gods and the inheritor of his mother's powers over lightning, Coatrisquie's control over electricity and the weather is second only to his mother. Coatrisquie is capable of generating extremely powerful electrical currents, and capable of freely changing the local weather to what he desires - rain, clear skies, and stormy weather is all within his repertoire. And appropriately for his status as a channeler of storms, Coatrisquie is a conductor - electricity is all but harmless to him no matter the current, and passes through him as if he was a living wire.

Minor Hydrokinesis
Coatrisquie's control over water is middling at best. Though he can freely manipulate any source of water, it is far less versatile and far less powerful than anything Abaguabana can do - whereas Abaguabana can freely change the physical state of water and adjusting its properties to whatever he desires, Coatrisquie can only move it, and only in smaller portions at that.

Minor Aerokinesis
Also sharing a portion of his twin's powers over air, Coatrisquie retains strong, but comparatively minor, control of wind.

Fusion into Juracán
When called forth to act in his capacity as Coatrisquie the Storm, he brings with him lightning and rain, and Guataubá brings the wind and the thunder. Though all three are capable of summoning great storms by each other, they have the ability to combine into Juracán, the six-armed spinning god of destruction and disorder who embodies the terrible power of the hurricane. Juracán has a separate consciousness than his components, who effectively lose their individuality while combined, and is chaotic and directionless, seeking only the destruction of everything in front of him and his hurricanes until he is forced to split into Abaguabana, Guataubá, and Coatrisquie once more.

Background:

Coatrisquie was born as the oldest amongst twins during the great first age of the spirit world, when men and spirits lived amongst each other during the time of the First World, considered to be the great golden age of the spirits. Born to the young storm goddess Guabancex and a long-since-passed wind spirit, Coatrisquie and his brother were declared to be divinity by Yucahu in their youth, and declared to be the successors to the storms. Coatrisquie was a much more hot-headed youth than his brother, and desired to be a warrior, a powerful spirit that struck down the dark spirits wherever they appeared. As Guacar grew more powerful, and his influence began to seep into the Spirit World like a corrupting, evil oil, Coatrisquie was among the divine spirits to step forth to bring down divine wrath onto the dark spirits that spawned in the wake of Guacar's presence.

He bore witness to many events, and while never quite maturing to old age due to the peculiar nature of spirits, Coatrisquie never lost his sense of loyalty to his grandfather and his family. Coatrisquie was involved in the destruction of the human kingdom of Aumatex, helping his mother conjure a storm so powerful, it burned away the inhabitants and created winds so overwhelmingly powerful it tore the entire kingdom from the earth and cast it into the sky, which continues to linger in the remains of the storm that tore it away an eternity ago. Though Coatrisquie grew to become rather ambivalent to humankind at best, he was struck with despair when the end of the First World came and the birth of the destroyer god Juracan occured. Juracan, who was far too powerful for any spirit to truly destroy, rampaged throughout the First World, killing Lokuo, the first human, driving Maquetaurie into the underworld, nearly destroying Faraguvaol, and permanently scarring the twin gods of the moon and sun Boinayel and Marohu.

Unable to destroy the almighty god of destruction, Yucahu split Juracan into three equal shards, sealing him within Guabancex, Coatrisquie, and Guatuaba for good, keeping him from rising again as the elder god rebuilt the Spirit World and forced humanity into the primordial caves for their survival. Though Juracan's shard would eventually, unbeknownst to all but Yucahu, drive Guabancex into a rage-filled state, Coatrisquie retained his sanity and sense of self by diving deeper and deeper into his warrior spirit, keeping Juracan from influencing his mind and body through dedication to his true desires. During the Dying, Coatrisquie created multiple hurricanes with his siblings and mother to unleash upon the world, seemingly only for his own sake to help drive down the influence of Juracan, and using their horrifically destructive powers to wage war upon the evil deities that would seek to destroy the world of spirits and the world of men. Though ultimately one of the causes of misery of many people throughout the Western Hemisphere through his hurricanes, it was his usage of these very same hurricanes to drive away evil gods and his dedication to keeping the Spirit World safe that saved him from being locked away like his mother.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Should be fine as an NPC, I’ll add him to the NPCs list in the OP and we’ll have him occasionally come to help the teachers, essentially.
-Alan Jackson

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:30 pm

Name: Júracan
Pantheon: Taíno
Domain(s): Hurricanes, destruction, suffering, evil, anger, hate, fire, floods, extinction
Parents: Guacar
Appearance: Juracan takes the form of an enormous six armed humanoid spirit, massive in size and constantly spinning. Like other dark spirits, Juracan does not particularly care for the human form and makes zero effort to even appear human to others; his skin is an ever-shifting fog of lightning and fire constantly clashing together, and wherever he steps the ground tends to erupt, with fierce storms trailing behind him. Forgoing clothes entirely, Juracan possesses no anatomy native to the male or female body - his form is that of a roiling, eternal storm, constantly shattering the land wherever he walks.

Powers:
Juracan is an extremely powerful spirit. As a creation of Guacar, Juracan’s dark nature twists and makes mockery of nature in the wake of where he treads. Guacar’s evil power continues to seep from Juracan, and the result is that Juracan’s presence brings out the worst in his victims, gradually twisting the spirits that stay near him until they become dark spirits themselves. His shards, weakened as they are, still retain this power - the most powerful having nearly turned Guabancex herself into a dark spirit, though the others have been so far unsuccessful in truly taking over the three Hurricane Gods siblings - though they still suffer from periodic alterations to their mood and personality from Juracan’s influence. His unique nature derived from being the breath of Guacar means that destruction does not particularly come easily for Juracan, especially in regards to other spirits. While spirits can be destroyed with effort, Juracan has yet to be destroyed even by the likes of Yúcahu, who was forced to render him somewhat inactive by splitting him apart.

As the supreme spirit of destruction, Juracan’s control over destructive magic is absolute. Drawing power directly from the hatred of Guacar, Juracan’s strength is considered to be beyond that of any of his “siblings” or “cousins”; he was too powerful for even Yúcahu to truly kill, and it's considered that only Bayamanaco could have the power to truly destroy Juracan, though Bayamanaco’s indifference to the spirits means that the two have never met in the past. Juracan’s particular specialty is in the application of lightning and fire; his storms are so powerful they're said to bend reality itself, and indeed, Juracan was capable of destroying the entirety of the First World through his storms that shattered and uplifted entire mountains like toys before blowing them apart - the strongest hurricanes that Guabancex could ever create with her children are pale imitations of the true power of Juracan prior to his shattering.

Background:
Juracan was born from the divine breath of the evil creator god Guacar, the most evil of the three great divine spirits of creation, during the waning days of the First World. Born from an act of hate, the hate which Guacar held for the creation of Yúcahu's creations, Juracan’s first impulses were given to him by his creator - to rend, shatter, and destroy all that was of the world, and rend it into nothingness. Juracan held no capacity for love or compassion within his heart - he was born for a simple purpose, and even his “sibling” Moboyas feared and despised him for his unmatched aggression and hate for everything.

Juracan’s birth is considered to be the end of the First World. His strength given to him by Guacar, Juracan struck down the twin gods of the Cycle, Boinayel and Márohu, shattering their Cycle and forming the horrible power of the hurricane from the broken remains of their power. Though Boinayel and Márohu would escape destruction - though only barely, as they remain a shadow of their former selves, weakened permanently from their near-death at the hands of Juracan - Juracan would go on to single-handedly rend apart the entire First World, too powerful for any spirit to contend. He shattered the land, laid low the forests, and drove Faraguvaol into the earth, and giving rise to many dark spirits who rose in the wake of Juracan.

Juracan brought death onto the spirits and destroyed many of them; his power driving Maquetaurie into the depths of Soraya for survival. Humanity faired even worse under the repeated blows from Juracan’s strength; Lokuo, the first human and chief of the humans, was killed by Juracan, and the humans were forced into the primordial cave of Cacibajagua to survive the fate of the First World. As night and day lost their meanings and the land was shattered by endless, incomprehensibly powerful storms and raging infernos brought upon them by the supreme spirit of destruction, Yúcahu attempted to cast down Juracan but was unable to; Guacar’s power too great to overcome, forcing Yúcahu to split Juracan instead into three separate shards, giving him to the three spirits of the storm Guabancex and her children Coatrisquie and Guatauba.

Though weakened and incapable of acting directly on his own, this was not the end of Juracan. His influence upon Guabancex drove her to evil, directing her to assault Boinayel and Márohu every few years to take control of their Cycle and call upon her children to reform the power of the hurricane, which Juracan acts through to inflict ever more destruction upon the world. It was Juracan’s own influence that directly caused much of the destruction inflicted by the spirits upon the innocent; him driving his “hosts” into committing atrocities on the common man. In recent times, Juracan has been split further; the shards belonging to Coatrisquie and Guatauba each split further and given to Abaguabana to hold as well.
Last edited by Nantoraka on Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019

Postby Ceystile » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:16 pm

Name: Arsinoë, or Ari to friends.
Domain(s): Time
Parents: Chronos, Ananke
Age: She looks to be in her early 20s but in reality is far older.
Appearance: https://pin.it/6SXdYoj
Powers: Chronokinesis: Ari has the power to speed up, slow down and freeze time for up to one minute...without her hourglass, the range of this power is drastically reduced to about six seconds. As she is still young and training, the longer she uses this power the more drained she becomes. Her power is tied up in her hourglass as a conduit and as a result she's much weaker without it.

She can also manipulate time on inanimate objects by touching them, such as aging wood or reversing time on a rusty and dull old sword to make it brand new again. She cannot however use that ability on sentient living things.
Background (At least two paragraphs): Born to Chronos and Ananke, to say that Arsinoë’s birth came as a surprise was a huge understatement as neither of her parents planned to ever have children after the Fates. And especially not millennia apart, but after the initial shock wore off they welcomed the birth of their new daughter with joy. Ari looks back on her childhood as an uneventful one for the most part, living among the Greek pantheon as they went about their godly business and occasionally visiting earth to observe the events that her father kept the course of.

When she came of age, as their other godly children had their own aspects, Chronos chose Ari to eventually take over his domain in case the need should ever arise…and to help control and amplify her powers, he gifted her with an hourglass that would allow her some power over time. But the power is a potent one, and he warned her to always use it responsibly. He sensed tensions were brewing between the various gods, but things came to a destructive head during the Myth Wars. God turned against god as they battled for control of the heavens; resulting in a massive loss of human life and a smaller though still palpable loss of godly life…including Ananke. Arsinoë, who had already been sent to Holy High to train her powers took the news of her mother’s death quite badly, and resolved to become powerful enough to one day turn back time and save her.
Main Classes (Pick 4, will be listed in post below): Diplomacy, Science, Math, Magic
Humanities (Pick 2-3, will be listed in post below): Art, Home Ec, Dance.
Last edited by Ceystile on Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:20 pm

Accepted! I’ll see about updating the OOC soon.
-Alan Jackson

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:00 pm

Name: Moboyas
Pantheon: Taíno
Domain(s): Fears, bedlams, suffering, strife, darkness, moonless nights, evil
Parents: Guacar
Appearance: Possessed of shapeshifting powers superior to nearly all other spirits, Moboyas is a trickster and a malevolent spirit who’s form switches depending on the situation, his goals, and whatever he is speaking to. However, his most common form, the one usually believed to be his preferred humanoid form to interact with others, is of a large, metallic green-skinned gaunt bald humanoid with white, lidless, pupiless eyes. The clothing he wears tends to be of leathers and fabrics with dark green dyes and a crown of black feathers atop his head, and an enormous, constantly billowing cloak of dark green fabric. He is typically seen carrying a staff of gnarled dark wood, ending in a clenched hand grasping a broken shell.

Powers:
A powerful and malevolent spirit, Moboyas’ capacity for destruction is only outstripped by his love of manipulation and corrupting the incorruptible. To break one’s will, subsume them in their fears, and turn heroes into villains are the things that Moboyas thrives on - he is empowered by the fear others have of him. Among the most powerful of the dark spirits, Moboyas is capable of corrupting others to evil with but a touch - to spirits, this involves a perversion of their nature and an irreversible change into a dark spirit, while to others, this process is slow, agonizing, but absolute. He is powerful in the arts of spirit magic, while he is capable of understanding the inner fears of anyone he lays his eyes on. As one of the foremost of dark spirits, Moboyas commands the loyalties of the dark spirits, who he enslaves to his will.

Moboyas is a known divine rival of Marohu - whereas Marohu is the god of the moon, and grows more powerful as the moon reaches its fullest phase, Moboyas is the god of moonless nights where the darkness begins to take hold, and as the moon begins to wane, Moboyas’ power grows further and further, and by extent, the spirits that follow him as well. As such, the nights of a new moon are considered to be the domain of Moboyas.

Background:
One of the eldest spirits of creation, Moboyas was one of the first creations when the world was born. Crafted from the darkness of the first moonless night by the evil creator god Guacar, Moboyas’ first actions were to ensure that the darkness of his “father” and himself would spread like a plague, tearing the very concepts of good from the spirits that could not escape him and transforming them into the first dark spirits. He held no capacity within his heart for caring or love, only filled with some twisted hate for anything around him; his nature as a spirit was to corrupt, and for anything he could not corrupt, outright destroy.

When Lokuo, the stillborn spirit son of Itiba Cahubaba was fashioned back to life by Yucahu as the first human, Moboyas whispered into the infant’s ear a series of curses and omens that instilled within him the concept of evil, and from then-on, all humans would have evil within them. When Zunzun unwittingly prayed to Moboyas to save his wife from syphilis, Moboyas turned her into a flower and scattered her body across the world. When a village of his worshippers sacrificed a gift to him, he responded by striking all the women of the village dead with an illness.

Moboyas is directly responsible for two of the strongest dark spirits in the Spirit World, and his most notable act was to take Jurupari, the demigod son of Boinayel, and tear from him all the good within his heart to transform him into the dream demon upon his death, cursing him to forever despise his father and attempt to kill him. His second, was to take the child serial killer Nooktas, who, having been burned in his execution, transformed his ashes into a cloud of mosquitoes and rose him as the mosquito spirit, a harbinger of disease and a devourer of humanity.
Last edited by Nantoraka on Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:52 pm

Accepted! There’s our BBEG!
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse