NATION

PASSWORD

Shadows of Galria (OOC/Open/Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Shadows of Galria (OOC/Open/Fantasy)

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:37 am

Shadows of Galria

[size=155]Premise

Galria is a land with a history of gods. Before anything else was the creator. The creator is said to have made everything on Galria. When the creator made man, he made two gods to govern them, the goddess of life, Vechna, and the god of death, Strakh. Both of them were to work in harmony. Man would be born, grow, and die. Those whose lives were fruitful and compassionate were given another chance, they were to be reincarnated. Those who did not were punished. To aid the two gods, angels and demons were created. The angels assisted Vechna, the demons Strakh. Time passed, and humanity grew. The two gods that governed them however grew uneasy. They both believed the other to be acting behind the other's back. Vechna believed Strakh to be taking lives before their appointed time, and Strakh believed Vechna to be extending them. This led to both gods openly acting against the other, causing an imbalance in the world's order. The Creator saw this and resigned to start anew with the gods of his world. He created 7 gods, each to govern an element, and gave them the task of ruling humanity. Neither Vechna nor Strakh was pleased with this. Lashing out in anger against the 7, they each attempted to topple them on their own. Refusing to work together proved to be their downfall, as they caused each other more harm than the 7 caused them. Weakened, the 7 sealed both gods away in their respective realms, Vechna to govern the Aether and oversee the rebirth of souls, and Strakh to govern the abyss, torturing the souls of the wicked. The two rebellious gods have not forgotten the war they waged, and the 3,000 years that have passed since the war have only served to fuel their thirst for revenge.

The Majority of this RP takes place in the nation of Monschau. While other nations may play important parts later in the story, creating a character for them may make it harder for some interactions to happen.

Divine Beings and Magic

Lütolf-Wind-God of freedom, music, individualism
Foraii-Earth-God of order, wealth, endurance
Suetek-Fire-God of war, strength, willpower-Brother to Goddess of Chloro
Perun-Lighting-God Fertility, newness, unpredictability
Basamum-Chloro(Plants)-Goddess of peace, wisdom, understanding-See Suetek
Kisshoten-Water-Goddess of love, compassion, mercy-Sister to Goddess of Ice
Kakuyama-Ice-Goddess of hate, selfishness, ruthlessness-See Kisshoten

Vechna: Goddess of Life-Served by the angels, banished from Galria by the 7 gods. Lives in the ether.
Strakh: God of Death-Served by the demons, banished from Galria by the 7 gods. Lives in the abyss.

The Creator-Created all the gods, demons, and angels. Highest authority. Does not interfere often. Created Life and Death to govern all Galria, but when the two feuded, created the 7 to replace them. The 7 replaced Life and Death and banished them from Galria.

Angels- Led by the 7 heralds of wrath. The majority of angels were banished with their goddess.

Demons- Led by the 7 Generals of Sin, The majority banished with their god.

Magical Affinity-Each god rules an element. A mortal can be recognized by a god and be gifted with a magical affinity to that god’s respective element. For this to happen, the mortal’s personality must strongly resonate with the attributes of said god. While a person may wield multiple magical affinities, this is quite uncommon. No one in recorded history has wielded more than two affinities at a time, though it is theoretically possible to wield more. Even rarer is an angel or a demon wielding a magical affinity, as most have sworn complete loyalty to their gods.

Other Magic-While other magic exists, it is typically forbidden as it taps into the powers of demons, angels, and the gods of life and death. Angels and Demons inherently have their own magic, and through contracts with mortals, gift the use of it to them. Angels and Demons typically have more unique magic, though each has its own inherent magic. Angels inherently have healing and dispelling magic, while Demons inherently have shapeshifting and curse magic.

Nations

Monschau-Ruled by 3 royal houses, all responsible to the constitution created by the founders, and the wind god. The land is relatively peaceful. Hunting and farming happen across the land but stop for the 4 yearly festivals. The three royal houses take care of individual aspects of the land. House Aiger is in charge of civic law, House Eisner is in charge of military affairs, and House Lorraine is in charge of Foreign Policy. The Church of the Lütolf serves as its own entity, separate from the three ruling houses, but assists in the organization of festivals, as well as other aspects of culture. Each of the four-yearly festivals takes place in its season, with its respective festivities. During the spring, Karneval takes place as a way to celebrate the end of winter. During the summer, Weinfest is a chance for the people of Monschau to experience the finest wines of the region, almost always at a lower cost than normal. During the fall is the celebration of liberty, where people will celebrate the founding of Monschau with food, beer, and festivities. During the winter is Neujahr, a celebration of the past year, and the one to come. Gifts are exchanged, as well as food. Family gatherings are extremely common this time of year.

Dunzhau-Ruled by the merchant’s guild. The earth god descends from his mountain palace every new moon to advise the people. The land is dutifully tilled, and its harbors are kept busy. Trade and business are part of every city, each vying to become the seat of the merchant’s guild. The merchant’s guild creates the laws of trade, as well as manages all mints for the global currency, Lev. It also governs the entirety of Dunzhau. It has recently shown interest in purchasing land from Lestrait to expand its influence and seize control over some natural resources.

Foaxia-A military nation ruled directly by its god. Generals serve to deliver justice but are forced to fight for their position yearly. The land is harsh, and inhospitable in any area not close to an oasis. Strength is the goal of this nation, to the point where it mostly ignores foreign treaties and affairs. Often, the 4 generals of Foaxia will lend their armies as mercenaries to keep the army in fighting condition.

Lestrait-Land once a part of Monschau is now separated by a chasm due to the war of the gods. While it was once a part of Monschau, the culture has developed differently. They are ruled by a single monarch. This nation only celebrates 2 yearly festivals, Nouvel An, which is quite similar to Monschau’s Neujahr, and the Festival of Lights. The Festival of Lights takes place mid-summer and consists of several days of lighting the city. Lanterns, fireworks, and sometimes, even lightning from their god. Their monarch is said to descend from the god himself, though there is no way to prove this.

Caronia-Bordered by the deserts of Foaxia. The land becomes lusher the further in one travel. Ruled peaceably by the goddess herself, the upper class dedicate themselves to learning while the lower class performs the duties required to keep the nation running. Every year, a large council is held, where all major problems are resolved under the watch of the goddess.

Honkeidou and Okumura-Once an island nation ruled by the sister goddesses, now two separate nations after the two fell out of favor with each other. Honkeidou is open to travel and has been so since it was founded. Okumura is surrounded by ice and is quite hard to get into. While foreigners are not officially banned, it can be quite hard to do anything in the nation without help from a well-trusted local. Past the ice, Okumura has a more mild environment The two island nations’ closest neighbor is Dunzhau. Honkeidou is governed by a republic, while Okumura is governed by a shogunate.

Important Groups/Factions

Church of Lütolf
While there are other organizations dedicated to the worship of gods, none are as important to its home nation and the Church of Lütolf. The Church funds schools, orphanages, and other charitable foundations.

Lux vitae-Founded by a doctor who once sought to bring everlasting life to all. Now corrupted, the group seeks to eliminate the 7 elemental gods, as well as those in association with Strakh. By far the largest organization created to serve Vechna

The Merchant's Guild
The Merchant's Guild is made up of representatives from several smaller guilds. Each representative is authorized to represent their entire guild and is voted upon every 4 years. Recently, the Merchant's guild has become greedier and seeks to line its own pockets, ignoring the people it was established to protect.

Rules

Be respectful
No one-liners. 3-4 Sentances minimum
Don't kill off other people's characters without permission

Applications

Code: Select all
[box][b]Character Name: [/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Magical Affinity (If Any):[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b][/box]

Code: Select all
[box][b]Faction Name:[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Faction Alignment (Are they loyal to a specific nation, are they loyal to a specific god?):[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]History:[/b][/box]
Last edited by DeltaSource on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact
Call of Duty: Warzone

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:37 am

Last edited by DeltaSource on Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:48 pm

Ayyyyy this looks nice. Can I be a character that works with one of the gods? An angel or a demon?
Last edited by Asardia on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:21 am

That does sound nice. I expect the story to be some kind of Ragnarok where the veil between Midgard, Ether and Abyss weakens, and the great Demiurge is missing, and a 3-way battle between death, rebirth and the elements ensures?

About the world: So, Are those 5+2 nations the only ones on the continent, or is there more behind the wastes of Foaxia?
(Also: How strange must this have been when Lestrait had been part of Monschau and there were 6 nations for 6 of the 7 gods and Perun had none)

Character Idea: Warrior Smith with powerful enchantment magic and self proclaimed champion of Foraii hellbent to forge the ultimate artifact weapon (All he needs in a magical metal, a spell essence to enchant it, a mythical forge and a divine inspiration. He has a checklist for that.)

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 am

Asardia wrote:Ayyyyy this looks nice. Can I be a character that works with one of the gods? An angel or a demon?

Feel free, under magical affinity, just list angel/demon and specify if they can do anything unique.
Kaledoria wrote:That does sound nice. I expect the story to be some kind of Ragnarok where the veil between Midgard, Ether and Abyss weakens, and the great Demiurge is missing, and a 3-way battle between death, rebirth and the elements ensures?

About the world: So, Are those 5+2 nations the only ones on the continent, or is there more behind the wastes of Foaxia?
(Also: How strange must this have been when Lestrait had been part of Monschau and there were 6 nations for 6 of the 7 gods and Perun had none)

Character Idea: Warrior Smith with powerful enchantment magic and self proclaimed champion of Foraii hellbent to forge the ultimate artifact weapon (All he needs in a magical metal, a spell essence to enchant it, a mythical forge and a divine inspiration. He has a checklist for that.)

You would be correct in assuming something similar to that happening. These are the only nations on the continent, Foaxia is the furthest nation out. The character idea sounds cool.
Last edited by DeltaSource on Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Kamisato Ayaka Nation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamisato Ayaka Nation » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:28 pm

oo I'm digging the setting. Are we allowed to make two character applications? Am thinking of doing characters in Monschau, and Honkeidou and Okumura. Might also create a faction though I'd rather see how the story fleshes out before making one.

Also am I seeing some (cheeky) Genshin references? :p
this whole nation is satirical
kaedeki's other nation for p2tm roleplaying and general fuckery

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:22 am

DeltaSource wrote:
Asardia wrote:Ayyyyy this looks nice. Can I be a character that works with one of the gods? An angel or a demon?

Feel free, under magical affinity, just list angel/demon and specify if they can do anything unique.
Kaledoria wrote:That does sound nice. I expect the story to be some kind of Ragnarok where the veil between Midgard, Ether and Abyss weakens, and the great Demiurge is missing, and a 3-way battle between death, rebirth and the elements ensures?

You would be correct in assuming something similar to that happening. These are the only nations on the continent, Foaxia is the furthest nation out. The character idea sounds cool.

I personally think the 7 Angels and Demons should have unique powers. I'll make an angel character that based on the Abrahamic faiths' Archangels

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:50 am

Character Name: Khamael
Appearance:

Nationality: Angel
Personality: Wrathful, bitter, loyal
Magical Affinity (If Any):
Generic Angel Powers: Shapeshifting; regeneration; enhanced speed, strength, stamina, endurance; flight;
Herald of Wrath: As one of the 7 Heralds of Wrath, Khamael is the embodiment of wrath and war. Due to being a servant of the Goddess of Life, Vechna, alongside being a Herald of Wrath, Khamael possesses the power to create weapons. His most known usage of this power is his infamous Versengen Sword. Khamael can also create bows, spikes, hammers etc. This ability also extends to constructs should as shields.
Biography: Created by the Creator to assist Vechna in her duties, Khamael rose to the ranks of a Herald of Wrath. He would do anything the goddess asked of her. And being the Angel of Wrath and War, he was often fighting on her behalf, especially during the civil war between the gods. Khamael, despite being defeated and bounded eternally to the Aether, still wholeheartedly supports Vechna and will continue to fight for her. Khamael dedicates his entire existence to Vechna.
Additional Information: Khamael is based on the Archangel Camael, who expelled Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden with a flaming sword. Versengen is German for "scorch", so I thought it would be more fitting for the setting.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:05 am

Kamisato Ayaka Nation wrote:oo I'm digging the setting. Are we allowed to make two character applications? Am thinking of doing characters in Monschau, and Honkeidou and Okumura. Might also create a faction though I'd rather see how the story fleshes out before making one.

You are allowed more than 1 character yes. There are a few references to a select few franchises to fill in where I believed my own world-building was weak, though roughly 90% of this is my original idea.
Asardia wrote:I personally think the 7 Angels and Demons should have unique powers. I'll make an angel character that based on the Abrahamic faiths' Archangels

Friendly reminder there are more than 7 of each, that's just their leadership structure
Asardia wrote:
Appearance:
Generic Angel Powers: Shapeshifting; regeneration; enhanced speed, strength, stamina, endurance; flight;
Herald of Wrath: As one of the 7 Heralds of Wrath, Khamael is the embodiment of wrath and war. Due to being a servant of the Goddess of Life, Vechna, alongside being a Herald of Wrath, Khamael possesses the power to create weapons. His most known usage of this power is his infamous Versengen Sword. Khamael can also create bows, spikes, hammers etc. This ability also extends to constructs should as shields.
Biography: Created by the Creator to assist Vechna in her duties, Khamael rose to the ranks of a Herald of Wrath. He would do anything the goddess asked of her. And being the Angel of Wrath and War, he was often fighting on her behalf, especially during the civil war between the gods. Khamael, despite being defeated and bounded eternally to the Aether, still wholeheartedly supports Vechna and will continue to fight for her. Khamael dedicates his entire existence to Vechna.
Additional Information: Khamael is based on the Archangel Camael, who expelled Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden with a flaming sword. Versengen is German for "scorch", so I thought it would be more fitting for the setting.

Accepted
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:56 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Kamisato Ayaka Nation wrote:oo I'm digging the setting. Are we allowed to make two character applications? Am thinking of doing characters in Monschau, and Honkeidou and Okumura. Might also create a faction though I'd rather see how the story fleshes out before making one.

You are allowed more than 1 character yes. There are a few references to a select few franchises to fill in where I believed my own world-building was weak, though roughly 90% of this is my original idea.
Asardia wrote:I personally think the 7 Angels and Demons should have unique powers. I'll make an angel character that based on the Abrahamic faiths' Archangels

Friendly reminder there are more than 7 of each, that's just their leadership structure
Asardia wrote:
Appearance:

Accepted

Ah I see. My bad.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:12 pm

I'm just gonna post a few characters in a batch, that's why I haven't made my own applications for myself yet
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Antibox
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Oh! This looks nice! I'll put up an app soon.

I think I'm gonna do a human Strakh worshipper. But that does bring about a question....would followers of Strakh or Vechna still have elemental affinity??? Or would they take some kind of affinity or characteristics from Death or Life magic....like maybe para-demonic or para-angelic abilities?
Last edited by Antibox on Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The greatest enemy of progress is not stagnation, but false progress" - Sydney J. Harris

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:28 am

Antibox wrote:Oh! This looks nice! I'll put up an app soon.

I think I'm gonna do a human Strakh worshipper. But that does bring about a question....would followers of Strakh or Vechna still have elemental affinity??? Or would they take some kind of affinity or characteristics from Death or Life magic....like maybe para-demonic or para-angelic abilities?

They can still have an elemental affinity based on how their personality lines up with god of said element, though they will often have, as you phrased it, para-demonic/para-angelic abilities. For Strakh, the most common form of this would be necromancy, including raising the dead as zombies. Zombies have a few levels of functionality. The most basic are simply walking corpses that can't do much outside of physical labor, but higher end zombies have their original soul trapped within their body and are capable of independent thought, as well as capable of tapping into their magical affinity if they had one pre-death. To kill a zombie, it's either decapitation, or complete destruction of the body.
Last edited by DeltaSource on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:06 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Antibox wrote:Oh! This looks nice! I'll put up an app soon.

They can still have an elemental affinity based on how their personality lines up with god of said element, though they will often have, as you phrased it, para-demonic/para-angelic abilities. For Strakh, the most common form of this would be necromancy, including raising the dead as zombies. Zombies have a few levels of functionality. The most basic are simply walking corpses that can't do much outside of physical labor, but higher end zombies have their original soul trapped within their body and are capable of independent thought, as well as capable of tapping into their magical affinity if they had one pre-death. To kill a zombie, it's either decapitation, or complete destruction of the body.

Omg yes!!! That sexy necromancy 8)

I'm definitely doing a Strakh worshipper now!
"The greatest enemy of progress is not stagnation, but false progress" - Sydney J. Harris

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Almost done with my app, should have it posted sometime tomorrow.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Just a note, it is possible for an angel or a demon to receive an elemental affinity, however, it must coincide with their personality, and make sense from the perspective of one of the seven elemental gods (whichever one is gifting the affinity)
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 pm

Character Name: Jadiel
Appearance:
Nationality: Foaxian
Personality: Individualistic, blunt, impulsive/spontaneous
Magical Affinity (If Any): Due to her upbringing, she's a practitioner of demonic magic. Her preference is using demonic toxins, though she has the ability to perform and use other demonic arts to various degrees of proficiency. While Jadiel has the ability to perform necromancy, she isn't particularly proficient at it...she can only control 3 corpses simultaneously, and the art is rather taxing for her at her current skill level. She hasn't mastered the capturing of souls.....yet.

She if pressured she's also adept at close quarters combat, though this is not her preferred approach.

Biography: Jadiel was born into Strakhist cult, intentionally born to two cult members with magical affinities, to be used as a soldier and/or assassin against the organization's enemies. For years she was indoctrinated into the cult's worship of the God of Death, and rigorously trained in the use of demonic magic, hand to hand combat, and survival tactics. This brutal upbringing instilled a strong, nearly unwavering devotion to Strakh in the girl, though her reckless and impulsive nature, proved to be a great challenge to her "caretakers".

One day, shortly after her tenth birthday, the Cult was discovered and wiped out by agents of the Lux Vitae....but Jadiel escaped and survived. Over the last 9 years, she roamed about to experience places that fancied her, continued to experiment with demonic magic (something she's very passionate about owing to her devotion to her God) and, periodically, eliminate members of the Lux Vitae when opportunities presented themselves, sometimes actively hunting them down for eventual assassination (when she felt like it).

Additional Information:

The name Jadiel is a Hebrew name meaning "One who will Judge" or "One who God favors". I've somewhat (ok heavily actually) based her personality on the Moon in Sagittarius in Astrology. If she were to have an elemental affinity, it'd probably be wind or lightning I think.

Her body is marked with several ancient demonic runes and symbols, who's meaning and purpose are unknown...even to her.
Last edited by Antibox on Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:28 pm

Antibox wrote:
Appearance:
Magical Affinity (If Any): Due to her upbringing, she's a practitioner of demonic magic. Her preference is using demonic toxins, though she has the ability to perform and use other demonic arts to various degrees of proficiency. While Jadiel has the ability to perform necromancy, she isn't particularly proficient at it...she can only control 3 corpses simultaneously, and the art is rather taxing for her at her current skill level. She hasn't mastered the capturing of souls.....yet.

She if pressured she's also adept at close quarters combat, though this is not her preferred approach.

Biography: Jadiel was born into Strakhist cult, intentionally born to two cult members with magical affinities, to be used as a soldier and/or assassin against the organization's enemies. For years she was indoctrinated into the cult's worship of the God of Death, and rigorously trained in the use of demonic magic, hand to hand combat, and survival tactics. This brutal upbringing instilled a strong, nearly unwavering devotion to Strakh in the girl, though her reckless and impulsive nature, proved to be a great challenge to her "caretakers".

One day, shortly after her tenth birthday, the Cult was discovered and wiped out by agents of the Lux Vitae....but Jadiel escaped and survived. Over the last 9 years, she roamed about to experience places that fancied her, continued to experiment with demonic magic (something she's very passionate about owing to her devotion to her God) and, periodically, eliminate members of the Lux Vitae when opportunities presented themselves, sometimes actively hunting them down for eventual assassination (when she felt like it).

Additional Information:

The name Jadiel is a Hebrew name meaning "One who will Judge" or "One who God favors". I've somewhat (ok heavily actually) based her personality on the Moon in Sagittarius in Astrology. If she were to have an elemental affinity, it'd probably be wind or lightning I think.

Her body is marked with several ancient demonic runes and symbols, who's meaning and purpose are unknown...even to her.

this is a really cool character

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:01 am

Asardia wrote:
Antibox wrote:
Appearance:

Additional Information:

this is a really cool character

Thanks! I just try to make characters that I think will be fun to write, and for others to interact with. :p

Also, just in case there's confusion, Jadiel is human, not a demon. I imagined repeated use of demonic magic since a very young age would have some affects on her appearance and physiology in general..making her a bit physically closer to a demon than a normal human. That's why I picked that pic, her skin is bluish/purplish~grayish (like a corpse) and she has fangs/enlarged canines.
Last edited by Antibox on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:11 pm

Antibox wrote:
Appearance:

Additional Information:

Interesting character, I'll assume by "If she were to have an elemental affinity" that she doesn't, accepted
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:58 pm

DeltaSource wrote:
Antibox wrote:
Appearance:

Additional Information:

Interesting character, I'll assume by "If she were to have an elemental affinity" that she doesn't, accepted

Yes, I don't intend for her to have an elemental affinity unless one of the other Gods decides to grant her one for some reason.

Yay! Can't wait for the IC!

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Antibox wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:Interesting character, I'll assume by "If she were to have an elemental affinity" that she doesn't, accepted

Yes, I don't intend for her to have an elemental affinity unless one of the other Gods decides to grant her one for some reason.

Yay! Can't wait for the IC!

Working on it, it'll come up shortly after I finish applications for myself
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:29 pm

Character Name: Friedrich Eisner
Appearance:

Nationality:Monschau
Personality:Typically stoic and subdued out of a sense of duty
Magical Affinity (If Any):Wind/Fire+Angel Companion
Biography:Being born into House Eisner, he was raised with his duty in mind, to protect Monschau physically. His combat prowess was quite exceptional, and his strong desire to protect Monschau with his life earned him recognition from Suetek, who bestowed upon him a fire affinity. He was not satisfied, however. Fighting had its role, but there were still internal affairs to look after to protect the people of Monschau. While it was beyond his duties as a member of House Eisner to aid in internal law and order, Friedrich could not help but feel stuck. It was then that an angel named Michaelis was reported to the church to be active in Monschau. Friedrich accompanied the priests sent to investigate the claims. There was indeed an angel, who was able to quickly dispose of all but Friedrich. Through his willpower and strength, he was able to defend himself from the angel. Despite his wounds, he was able to injure the angel. Impressed, the Angel healed himself and Friedrich. "Perhaps I could learn from humanity." was all the angel said when Friedrich asked why he had been healed. Friedrich formed a contract with Michaelis that day, in exchange for being able to observe him, Michaelis would lend him his strength whenever he called. The church heard of his exploit, and due to a lack of witnesses, Friedrich's withholding of information offered him a job as both a priest and guardian of the church. Friedrich felt free, knowing this job would allow him to protect Monschau. While not every freed man and woman receives a blessing from Lütolf, the god of wind felt it would be fitting to bestow his affinity upon a man that sought to protect his people.
Additional Information:Michaelis cannot be seen normally, only making himself visible when Friedrich calls upon him

Character Name: "Rudol"
Appearance:

Nationality:Resides in Monschau
Personality:Conflicted, typically reserved around those he does not trust
Magical Affinity (If Any):Inherent Demonic magic: Shapeshifting, curses, etc. Wind
Biography:When he was quite young, he was sent from the Abyss to Galria as a spy. Due to his age, he had not yet managed to fully conceal his true form through shapeshifting and was easily found, forcing him to run from city to city, and fend off those who harmed him. One day, he was found by a member of House Eisner, who despite seeing him as distinctly non-human, nevertheless tended to his wounds. The man that helped him also gave him his name when Rudol revealed he was a demon, as a demonic name would stick out like a sore thumb in Monschau. Rudol was offered a home in House Eisner. While he was never officially adopted, he was taken care of and grew to love his new family. This has caused him to become conflicted. Does he tell his new family of his true mission, and where does his loyalty truly lie, with his god, or his new family?
Additional Information:Rudol will not have access to a wind affinity for a bit as I plan on having him receive it in the story.

For reference, it is not Friedrich who helped Rudol, but another character that I'll work on later. Friedrich is not currently aware of Rudol's true nature as a demon, but will find out as the story progresses
Last edited by DeltaSource on Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Character Name: Marten Eichgalder
Appearance: Given his fierce exterior, the red-haired smith could easily be mistaken as a gifted of Suetek.
Nationality: Monschau
Personality: Collected, sometimes a bit blunt but ultimately friendly. Can be quite thick-headed. Sometimes a bit absent-minded. An introvert dreamer and idealist.
Magical Affinity: Earth (especially Metal). Marten can make stone and metal objects harder, or weave other, more complex spells into objects he crafts. These more complex spells are usually unique enchantments written by Marten himself for a specific weapon.
In terms of spell-casting, Marten has less experience and is always focus-bound (His sword is currently his focus but other items can be prepared to serve the same use). Yet, he still knows a couple of spells and can use them to locate north, detect metal in his surroundings, mend armor that was torn or rusted, open mechanical locks and analyse general magic properties of magic items made from stone or metal.

Biography: Born and raised in a small mining and trade town near the Dunzhau border, Marten's father was a tinkerer and shopkeeper. His family was generally well-off and thus Marten had several opportunities. As a prospector found a rich iron vein nearby and the local duke decided to finance building a new mine, Marten asked his father to become a weapon and armor smith. His father, seeing the business potential agreed and sent him on an apprenticeship to <big city> in Dunzhau. When the priest there noticed, that Marten was able to channel magic into his craft to make it more durable, Marten got an audience with arch-smith Jorhan, the famous enchanter, who was able to channel fire and earth magic in unison. Jorhan taught Marten but not without a good motive: Soon, he tried to recruit Marten for the Foraii priesthood of Dunzhau. Fascinated with his newfound abilities, Marten would have loved to agree but could not. There were rules to the priesthood and working scopes enforced by the guilds. Marten had no interest to follow the rules of the Smithing guild. And even worse, he had no interest to follow the rules of the Merchants guild either. He was, after all, a freeman of Monschau and enjoyed the liberties that came with this to mix and match businesses, set his own prices and not care for quotas. He finished his smithing apprenticeship and returned home. With the iron being cheap thanks to the new mine and due to being the only arms and armor smith in a week's ride, Marten was busy with jobs for two years. The town grew and with it, his father expended, monopolizing the local pawn-shops. Here adventurers could sell their loot in addition to buying new stuff and from this Marten and his family always got the latest rumors in terms of treasure. One such treasure that the customer could not claim for himself turned out to be an artifact of Foraii. The location did cost Marten quite a sum and he had to pay even more for the mercenaries, that accompanied him to get it.

It was a smithing hammer forged by Foraii himself, it allowed an amateur to craft masterful weapons and improved the work of an experienced smith even further. Just barely a master in raw skill, Marten's works surpassed that of most other smiths due to his magic and the blessed hammer and he was able to massively increase the prices, now that wealthy noblemen traveled to him to buy a weapon of his. Soon he could afford a new journey. Foaxia was not a nation of the finer crafts but it was a nation where weapons were in high regard. He traveled there and studied at the masters of the craft and learned, that in order to build a true masterpiece one had to be able to wield a weapon like a warrior, one had to totally understand it. Marten forged a plate armor for himself, he learned to wield swords and realized new aspects of their design, that distinguished good and great weapons that he had never thought about. He sparred with the best knights and ultimately joined a mercenary band on a mission for several month, which gave him a new understanding of the quality criteria regarding ease of carry and maintainance.

As he returned home he had a prophetic dream: Foraii talked to him and asked him to forge a weapon for a great hero yet to come, for a war that would decide the fate of Galria.

Marten put all his skills to use, he brought the best steel he could buy, forged the sharpest longsword, perfectly balanced, shock absorbent and light. He hardened it with magic and added several other spells of his own design. But he knew it was not the artifact, that Foraii wanted. It was Marten's Masterpriece and that was, what he would call it. But it was not a weapon of destiny. He made a list of things that he would need to forge the ultimate weapon. He already had the hammer but it was not complete without an anvil - no a forge, that was just as blessed. He would also need metal beyond the limits of mere steel. And he would need better enchantments, maybe written with the help of mighty mages of the other elements. And ultimately, he needed experience with Masterpiece, lifting his understanding of the way of the Sword to yet a new level.

Additional Information:
- Marten has 3 magic items:
- Foraii's hammer: The hammer allows the wielder to forge better. Especially in regards to weapons but any metal that is hammered with it benefits. It seems to have no other abilities (Whether the weapon was made by Foraii himself or just a very devoted follower is open to guesses)
- Marten's armor: The armor is enchanted with a simple hardening spell.
- Masterpiece: The longsword is forged very sharp and enchanted to be virtually indestructible. It can be bound by a secret pass-phrase and the owner will always know the direction and distance to the sword, should they be separated. Should masterpiece be used against the owner, it will pierce and cut as if it was a blunt training sword. If the blade touches the blood of someone, the owner and wielder will know the direction and the distance to that person, until the blade touches someone else's blood, it is thoroughly cleaned or about a week has passed (or the person dies or other magic interferes with the link (especially angelic magic)).

My concern is, what kind of coherent story can bring those characters together, but I leave that to OP. :)

Also, I made a guess what the map might look like based on the descriptions: https://i.imgur.com/ZFQlEFS.jpg
Of course I'm already seeing one big problem, that the Dunzhau - Lestrait border runs straight through the most massive, impassable mountain range of the continent, it's unlikely, that Dunzhau would see much option there to buy some land.

And: Are there magical beings from the Elemental gods, too? Both near-humanoid or not? Like: Does Foraii have Pygmies or Oreads doing his bidding?

Antibox
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Antibox » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm

I already see the makings of a very interesting group of characters lol.

An angel, a knight, a strakhist/demonic magic user, an actual demon, and a blacksmith/warrior....this should be fun.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse