NATION

PASSWORD

Twilight's Last Gleaming: An American Political RP IC (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prince Kropotkin
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Storm

Postby Prince Kropotkin » Wed May 11, 2022 11:06 am

For immediate release

Regan Storm has endorsed Cassandra Hepburn-Smith for President. During events in her hometown of Bridgeport, Connecticut, Congresswoman Storm spoke at a Republican Women’s Leadership Conference in support of Senator Hepburn-Smith, saying she felt she would “unify the country in this divided time”. “Senator Hepburn-Smith represents the best and brightest future of the Republican Party, and it is my firm belief she can lead America into the next decade stronger, freer, and safer than ever,” she said. Though Storm was one of a few Republican members of Congress to break with President John Cush over the surge in Iraq and sign on to a withdrawal timetable bill, she said she remained a committed Republican and backed Hepburn-Smith’s leadership on the issue. Storm said: “I look forward to helping the Hepburn-Smith campaign to communicate their message to Connecticut, and to America, in any way I can be of help.”

-40-

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 12, 2022 9:52 am

New Luciannova wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:"Do you know of any other prominent Republicans who are against the war?"

I think Volker and Havek are, there may be others, I expect the list to grow as the war persists.

"Could we potentially get a secret caucus of those anti-Iraq War Republicans going? I want to stop hiding my honest thoughts on Iraq, but I'll need GOP backup."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 12, 2022 10:00 am

Colbert arrives in his office after a lunch meeting with a Cowboy Joe Club booster. Colbert had spent the meeting arguing with that booster over UW's athletic priorities. How in the hell could Cowboy Joe believe that everything is going according to plan, that Wyoming was poised for a great leap forward, when two programs who had zero history were suddenly winning BCS bowls? There had to be change at UW, right? No, because Cowboy Joe cared more about protecting its power than winning. Colbert was now convinced that Cowboy Joe was utterly useless and needed to go. But that was a fight for another day. Everitt had found some Ben Eriksen placards his staffers had arranged for him to get on his desk.

Eriksen? From what people on the Hill were saying, Eriksen was a dirt poor ex-governor who had zero chances of winning the nomination. But as Everitt looked over the placards, he wondered if there was more to Eriksen than met the eye. Everitt decided to give the Oklahoman a call. He sure hoped the number he was given was correct.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Luciannova » Thu May 12, 2022 2:06 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Luciannova wrote:
I think Volker and Havek are, there may be others, I expect the list to grow as the war persists.

"Could we potentially get a secret caucus of those anti-Iraq War Republicans going? I want to stop hiding my honest thoughts on Iraq, but I'll need GOP backup."

Actually, a project like this is currently under development. I will keep you updated on what I've found.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 pm

New Luciannova wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:"Could we potentially get a secret caucus of those anti-Iraq War Republicans going? I want to stop hiding my honest thoughts on Iraq, but I'll need GOP backup."

Actually, a project like this is currently under development. I will keep you updated on what I've found.

"Alright. I want the madness to stop, but I also don't want what was gained to be lost. Keep me informed about your plans to that effect.

I've seen some polling for you in Wyoming. Why do you think the state's voters don't care for you that much?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Luciannova » Thu May 12, 2022 5:50 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Luciannova wrote:

"Alright. I want the madness to stop, but I also don't want what was gained to be lost. Keep me informed about your plans to that effect.

I've seen some polling for you in Wyoming. Why do you think the state's voters don't care for you that much?"

"Well, the last Congressman to be elected President was James Abram Garfield, so in some ways I think I'm seen as a long shot. In other ways the fact I hold some progressive views, which really are merely federalist in nature, makes them wary of me. My plans to develop a withdrawal plan for Iraq is still outside of the party mainstream. I've hit Wyoming substantially, but I'm guessing it's a lot of those ideas. it seems that federalism on drugs and marriage equality is overshadowing my conservative principles on taxation and spending and abortion, at least that seems to be the popular consensus, I'm getting. Are you hearing different things on the ground?"

Kavanis
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kavanis » Thu May 12, 2022 6:58 pm

The Sarangtus Lands wrote:
Kavanis wrote:Carla returned Northwoods’ message, saying that while Governor Eriksen would be happy to meet with the Mayor, he couldn’t take time off campaigning to fly to a tropical island, so it would have to be a meeting on the campaign route.

“The one bullet in our gun,” she explained, “Is that Governor Eriksen isn’t in office. The Senators, the Congressmen, all have to attend Congress. They can’t spend every day on the road campaigning, not without resigning their seats. Same for Governor Calalo. We have to make the most of the opportunity by having Governor Eriksen out on the stump as much as possible.”

Northwoods sent a message back, asking him to meet him in his antebellum-style Alabama mansion.

“As I explained,” Carla tried again, “We’re not taking time off the campaign route. And Alabama is barely on it. It’s locked for Feyrer and doesn’t vote until Super Tuesday anyway. We’ll probably swing back through next month. If Secretary Northwoods wants to catch up with us in Huntsville, Birmingham or Montgomery, we can try to arrange a meeting. If the mansion is further south than that, we’ll have to extend our regrets as we can’t justify taking that much time out of the campaign route.”

Ben himself meanwhile returned the call of Everitt Colbert. “Hello, Senator. This just a social call or are you looking to arrange a meeting?”
“We have known freedom’s price. We have shown freedom’s power. We will see freedom’s victory.” – George W. Bush

Liz For Leader! #GirlBoss

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Fri May 13, 2022 6:51 am

Tommy Sommo,
Washington, D.C.
June 12th, 2007

Tommy Sommo hustled through the halls of the Capitol, searching for brand new Speaker Cragie's office. Papers fell out of his overstuffed manila folder as he went. Finally, he found the door, and knocked.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Luciannova » Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 am

Tuesday 5 June 2007- Charles Town, West Virginia (not to be confused with Charleston)
Amadeus Putnam had arranged for one of The Freedom Express to join him in the Mountain State, the South Carolina one was ultimately chosen due to increasing lack of performance chances down South. Putnam was confident that West Virginia's rules could benefit his insurgency candidate.
Putnam got off the bus dressed down a bit with a Panama Hat. He knew to wear one. Charles Town was very hot during the early summer. He was disappointed with the polls, but was happy to have Kenzie, the kids, and the ferrets with him.
Amadeus Putnam held a town hall meeting at the local library and attended a luncheon with the local chamber of Commerce. He visited the grave of John Brown the abolitionist and made a point of getting a photo op there. While Brown was seen as a bit of a radical, it would appeal to the unique base he had. The photo was uploaded to his website with the caption "his truth is marching on."
Putnam held a rally that night courtesy of his growing grassroots support. While they may not have been as organized and as large, they made up for it in energy level and passion.
Wednesday 6 June 2007- Petersburg, WV
Putnam woke up to overcast skies and high humidity. He continued his plan with a brunch with the candidate at a local diner and a rally with his grassroots supporters at a warehouse like establishment one owned. As rain began, Putnam asked if anyone wanted to do some door-knocking in Petersburg, and produced walk books with plastic covers and umbrellas with the campaign logo and name on them. Putnam didn't hit as many homes as usual, and some wanted to continue with the phone bank, but knocking on doors during miserable rain made for a great photo op and made the cover of the local paper, and even a few larger papers nearby.

Thursday 7 June 2007-Charleston, West Virginia
Putnam's campaign realized how rural the Mountain State really was. The Freedom Express had few towns large enough to make for a good photo op. The state Capital, however, was large enough. Putnam hosted a town hall event in the local library that morning. He conducted a business tour in the early afternoon, He conducted a phone bank at 4 PM, and visited the local Republican Town Committee that night at 7 PM. Not everyone was fond of his iconoclastic and irreverent departures from party orthodoxy, but some people were more appreciative and he was gaining support.

Friday 8 June 2007- Charleston, West Virginia
Amadeus Putnam met with Republican State legislators and touted his support for keeping coal mining open, protecting the Second Amendment, and his firm pro-life policy stance. Putnam was attempting to show this socially conservative group that he was the candidate they could support. A few seemed very receptive, some seemed reprehensible, most seemed non-committal.

Amadeus Putnam had a rally outside the state capital that day, and two or three of the legislators did come out to join, pleasing him. After he left he attended another town hall event at the local courthouse. Putnam was asked about the Supreme Court and school choice, jobs, and mostly easy questions. Not everyone was in agreement when he was asked about same-sex marriage, but his claim that he was a federalist and that marriage should be left up to the states showed a degree of nuance that was better than him looking like some kind of gay activist.
He decided to call Shawn the Texas Senator. He was disappointed that his call wasn't returned, but he felt this endorsement could work wonders.

Saturday 9 June 2007- Charleston, West Virginia
Putnam hosted a brunch event and a rally before catching a flight into Dulles. He had plans for DC to help to bolster his campaign. He spoke at a meeting of the Club for Growth that night,
Excerpt: "As many Republicans pay lip service to the Club for Growth, I am one of the few with a 100% lifetime rating. I have never voted for an unbalanced budget, have voted to dramatically reduce pork-barrel spending, have supported at-will employment and right to work initiatives, and I have opposed the outdated and costly protectionist policies. My fiscal policies have been compared to those of Milton Friedman and FA Hayek. I believe that capitalism is freedom and will push back against any effort to send us down the Road to Serfdom. I worry that another tsunami of spending will be coming, maybe this year, maybe next and I will fight on the House floor to defeat that, something few others can admit to having done.
"As y'all know, I'm running for the Presidency, I'm not going to ask for your vote today, although that would be nice. I'm here not to seek support but to grant it. I am here to let you know that I've fought for your agenda and will continue to do so as long as I draw breath."

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"The debt ceilin' thin?" Deborah asked, knowing she had never raised the phrase debt ceiling up herself.

"Oh, I mean for Calalo. Very stupid answer. I'm a businessman, and I know that sometimes you need to spend money to make money...though, of course, on the right people, not on the ones who'll just waste it on drugs and, I don't know, prostitution?" he said, without a blink to his hypocrisy, "In either case, I think her answer is verging on the sort of, how shall we put this, idealism that is exemplified by people like Ferret man, who put ideals above reality. We need a pragmatic leader, one who'll make sure that the right people are in the right place and the wrong people are in the wrong place. I don't want to see someone who follows these ideals, economically speaking, as though they were the Bible, I want an intelligent, pragmatic manager of the economy. As you know, I'm an economic arch-conservative: the guy behind Reaganomics, cut taxes in New York City, blah blah blah...So what can you do for me in that regard?"

"I can tell you how wonderful my plan to cut taxes is," she grinned, "and how I plan to get government less involved in how our economy is ran. Though I imagine you've heard some about it?"
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 13, 2022 7:30 pm

TV Ad in West Virginia, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky & Tennessee Statewide
"Family"
Dates: May 1 to June 30
Voice: Deborah Feyrer voices the entire ad.

My pop, raised us with very few rules.
He said you gotta, go to church 'n care for those around you.
Growin' up in small-town 'Murica.
Those values have guided me, all my life.
Havin' each others' back.
And bein' there when you're needed.
It's what I teach my kids.
Havin' folks' back is what got me into politics.
Havin' your back is why I'm runnin' for President now.
My name is Deborah Feyrer, and I'll have your back.

My name is Deborah Feyrer and I approve this message.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 13, 2022 7:43 pm

TV Ad in West Virginia, Texas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska, Minnesota, Louisiana, & Oklahoma Statewide
"Energy"
Dates: May 1 to June 30
Voice: A male voiceover is present in some of the ad.

American jobs are on the line.
Deborah Feyrer wants more Americans workin' the mines.
Amadeus Putnam puts foreign jobs ahead of yours...
Moderator: As President what would you do to ensure Americans have access to affordable energy?
Putnam: One form of energy I'm particularly interested in, however, is nuclear.
{{Footage switches to Deborah on the stage shaking her head before returning to Putnam for the next sentence}}
Uranium also is mostly mined in Australia, an American ally, much unlike a lot of our oil supply.
{{Fade out w Republican Debate Logo}}

Amadeus Putnam would rather employ an Australian to power your home than expand access to our own energy sources!
How does that make you feel?

My name is Deborah Feyrer and I approve this message.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Kavanis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kavanis » Sat May 14, 2022 4:32 am

Campaign itinerary
June 5 – 15

June 5: Travel from Indianapolis, IN, to Oklahoma City, OK

The morning after the debate, Ben met with Indiana state Republicans for a business breakfast. Following this, he attended the official opening of the EriksenForIndiana campaign headquarters in Indianapolis, and gave a short stump to a small group of volunteers. Then he headed to the airport and flew back home. That evening, he met with reliable donors to Oklahoma Republicans, making a renewed fundraising push on the back of his debate performance in which he had mentioned tax cuts, deregulation, free trade, and all-of-the-above energy.

June 6: Oklahoma City, OK

He wasn’t planning on seriously campaigning in Oklahoma, but being back home did give him a chance to recharge some batteries, save on some hotel/travel money, and meet with his campaign staff and family, in that order of priority. He recorded a new TV ad, and attended a public campaign rally in Oklahoma City, presenting himself as the first Okie with a serious Presidential campaign. Eschewing policy, he mostly traded personal anecdotes with the crowd about his time as Governor including the infamous “Zucchini Incident” with the then-Majority Whip. While Ben had been in Indianapolis, volunteers had brought the bus from Arkansas to Oklahoma.

June 7: Oklahoma City, OK
Moore, OK
Norman, OK
Sherman, TX
Tyler, TX
Dallas, TX

Ben’s campaign set off in the morning, making stops at a couple small cities in Oklahoma, where once more he cast off the stumping for some basic handshaking in the one state where he was still fairly recognizable. They crossed the border into Texas and that evening they drove into Dallas.

Endorsement pitch: not-Ralph Hall

He made a case that he was familiar with the plight of conservative Southern Democrats who’d left the party for the Republicans: he’d grown up in a Democratic household and made the switch himself (albeit at a slightly younger age than Congressman not-Hall). The Texas 4th borders Oklahoma and the Texoma issues he’d addressed as Governor were broadly similar to those facing the district now: he mentioned how he’d supported expanded gas and oil extraction leasing in the debate, took an unequivocal stance on gun rights, and advocated for broad, deep tax cuts.

Endorsement pitch: not-Louie Gohmert

Ben took a strong line on terror and “radical Islam”. He started out with scathing criticism of Putnam’s stance on Iraq, and then said that homeland security was his “number one priority” as President. “We need to defend our borders, secure our ports, and get tougher on immigration, but we can’t forget about the enemy within,” he said. He was critical of American Muslims who were insufficiently vocal in their opposition to international terror and said he was concerned about the prospect of birthright citizenship being used to exploit “America’s historic openness to immigrants”. He criticized, obliquely, Helms for bungling the introduction of the PADT Act and said that reauthorizing strong anti-terror laws was a must.

June 8: Dallas, TX
Austin, TX
Round Rock, TX

In the morning, he met with Texas Republicans in Dallas for a breakfast meeting. He then attended a coffee morning where he laughed off a dozen “Jokelahoma” jokes and quietly seethed in the bus afterwards as they drove down to Austin. They had two afternoon meet-and-greets at a BBQ restaurant and a diner, where he shook hands. That evening, he attended a minor league baseball game between his Oklahoma City RedHawks, and the home Round Rock Express.

June 9: Austin, TX

Ben spent the day on endorsement meetings. If Governor Pender agrees to meet with him, insert here. If not, I guess he had some time to do the crossword puzzle. He also met with as many state legislators as would take his call, until his hand was sore from shaking hands. Or, if none agreed to meet with him, from amusing himself otherwise.

June 10: Austin, TX
San Antonio, TX

Ben attended a Methodist church in the morning, and did some mainstreeting. They then drove to San Antonio where he attended a lunch for Texas Republicans. Continuing his (public) upholding of Reagan’s 11th Commandment he avoided criticism of his competing Republicans and instead attacked Democratic candidates for “tax and spend irresponsibility”, “weak surrender” on the Iraq question, and “radical social engineering” for their abortion and gay marriage positions. In the afternoon he attended a town hall. Asked about Congressional action on the minimum wage, he repeated his stance from the first debate* that a moderate minimum wage spread over several years – he suggested the House Republicans should amend the wage increase to come in over three rather than two – and with appropriate small business incentives was something he’d support. Asked about his controversial entitlement reform position he avoided specifics and said he simply wanted to make sure the Social Security and Medicare programs could continue for future generations and pay out benefits to those currently paying in. Asked about Osama Bin Laden, he said a new troop surge like the one in Iraq should be extended to Afghanistan to redouble efforts to find and kill the terrorists responsible for 9/11. In the evening he attended a dinner where he spoke about immigration and the need for enhanced border security.

June 11: San Antonio, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
Brownsville, TX

Ben began with some mainstreeting in San Antonio, then they drove south. On the way they stopped in Corpus Christi for more mainstreeting. They finished in Brownsville, and some more mainstreeting. Sample answers:

In San Antonio, he was asked about abortion, and he said he believed life began at conception. He said he supported the Governor’s abortion bill and the recent Supreme Court decision upholding the federal partial birth abortion ban.

In Corpus Christi, he was asked about Medicare. He said he supported reforms to keep the program solvent and that it was impossible to tackle the out-of-control federal budget without doing so, but that he was not advocating any cuts for poor seniors. He said spending on the new prescription drug plan could be controlled through market-based reforms.

In Brownsville, he was asked about immigration (unsurprisingly). He said that children who came over should have a pathway to citizenship.

June 12: Stops along the Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston, TX
Houston, TX

They drove up the Gulf Coast, stopping a few times for a stump on energy in which he advocated an all-of-the-above approach. “We can unlock the oil and gas potential of our country instead of relying on dangerous unstable foreign regimes. We can take on foreign cartels that drive up prices instead of cravenly submitting to them. We can roll back unnecessary regulations and curb or even abolish the EPA, because American consumers know better than federal bureaucrats.” In Galveston, he attended a house party and met privately with a few potential donors from the security industry, highlighting how his stances on immigration, law enforcement, and the war on terror would be good for them. He ended the day in Houston where he attended a state Republican dinner.

June 13: Houston, TX

A full day of campaigning in Houston. He also went for some endorsements:

Endorsement pitch #1: not-John Culberson

Highlights: fiscal conservatism, build the fence and pursue illegal immigrants with the full power of the law, reject any global climate treaty that binds the US to unfair targets.

Endorsement pitch #2: not-Paul Pressler

Ben admitted frankly that his relations with evangelicals weren’t strong but felt someone like not-Pressler could help him reach out. Not part of the Southern Baptist tradition himself, he was “going to need help” reaching the audience, but at the same time felt he had a lot they could find common ground on: a pro-life agenda (supporting Governor Pender’s abortion bill), opposition to same-sex marriage recognition, and public prayer in schools.

Endorsement pitch #3: not-not-John O’Neill

Ben met with a Texan affiliated with Geoje Vets For Justice. He was honest about his own record: he’d served in the Army, but as a JAG lawyer, never seeing combat. He laid out his plan for veterans’ affairs overhaul including reform of VA medical practices and an expanded tax credit for hiring and retraining veterans. And he affirmed strong support of the mission in Iraq and criticism of those who wanted to “cut and run”.

June 14: Travel from Houston, TX, to El Paso, TX

Ben ended his week of Texan campaigning with a long day off, as the bus drove across the state from Houston to El Paso.

June 15: El Paso, TX

Ben gave a speech outlining his immigration policy, and afterwards held a town hall where he answered questions about the border fence, amnesty, free trade with Mexico and NAFTA more generally, and employment verification.

* OOC: To avoid meta-wanking, Eriksen will avoid specifically endorsing the Claassen amendments. He supports, in a general sense, the approach.
“We have known freedom’s price. We have shown freedom’s power. We will see freedom’s victory.” – George W. Bush

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat May 14, 2022 6:59 am

Sarenium wrote:
The Sarangtus Lands wrote:"Oh, I mean for Calalo. Very stupid answer. I'm a businessman, and I know that sometimes you need to spend money to make money...though, of course, on the right people, not on the ones who'll just waste it on drugs and, I don't know, prostitution?" he said, without a blink to his hypocrisy, "In either case, I think her answer is verging on the sort of, how shall we put this, idealism that is exemplified by people like Ferret man, who put ideals above reality. We need a pragmatic leader, one who'll make sure that the right people are in the right place and the wrong people are in the wrong place. I don't want to see someone who follows these ideals, economically speaking, as though they were the Bible, I want an intelligent, pragmatic manager of the economy. As you know, I'm an economic arch-conservative: the guy behind Reaganomics, cut taxes in New York City, blah blah blah...So what can you do for me in that regard?"

"I can tell you how wonderful my plan to cut taxes is," she grinned, "and how I plan to get government less involved in how our economy is ran. Though I imagine you've heard some about it?"

"Yes, I have a bit. Word on the hill is that you're the most conservative of the candidates. Go on then, make your pitch. But before you start, I'd also like to ask you, you know, your stances on trade, if you wouldn't mind."
Last edited by The Sarangtus Lands on Sat May 14, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat May 14, 2022 7:32 am

Sarenium wrote:

"Yes, I have a bit. Word on the hill is that you're the most conservative of the candidates. Go on then, make your pitch. But before you start, I'd also like to ask you, you know, your stances on trade, if you wouldn't mind."

Deborah examined him for a second before saying, "our current trade laws don't do enough to encourage folks to buy and make American goods. NAFTA needs to be renegotiated. Modernized and updated to take into account what we've learned over the last ten years. I got no problem with trade agreements that actually protect good American families, just think we've been a bit more lax on the issue than we ought to be," she grinned.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Sat May 14, 2022 7:43 am

Run in All 50 States + DC + The 5 Territories
Dates: June, July, August

Paid for By: The Hepburn-Smith Campaign

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4wQMbRO%20.jpg[/im g]
Construction Workers: (Mid-Atlantic Accents) We're long-time Republicans, and we're voting for CHS.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CqlefVQ.jpg[/im g]
Woman (Southern Accent): I've been a Democrat since I marched with Dr. King in 1963, but Senator Hepburn-Smith turned me into a Republican. She's going to bring Americans together again.

Woman (California Accent): I'm an independent small business owner, and this year, I'm changing my registration to Republican. Why? I want to vote for Cassie-- and so do some of my fellow business owners.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j3ZXD20.jpg[/im g]
Cassie: We have a real chance to Bring Americans Together Again because my campaign has support from Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike. It's not just some idealistic dream-- we can make it a reality. I'm Cassandra Hepburn-Smith, and I approve this message.

Run in Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wyoming
Dates: June, July, August, September
Paid for By: Farmers for Cassie

Farmer: My name is Jack, and I'm a long-time Republican farmer from. No other candidate in this race has talked about the economics of farming like Senator Hepburn-Smith. The Senator knows about the struggles that farmers like me deal with on a daily basis, and she's putting forward proposals to fix them-- things like protecting our subsides, lowering the expenses we have to pay, and making sure that more of the prices of our goods are profit and not regulations. Senator Hepburn-Smith is the farmer candidate, and she's the candidate we need to put food on the table.
Last edited by Meretica on Sat May 14, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat May 14, 2022 8:12 am

Sarenium wrote:
The Sarangtus Lands wrote:"Yes, I have a bit. Word on the hill is that you're the most conservative of the candidates. Go on then, make your pitch. But before you start, I'd also like to ask you, you know, your stances on trade, if you wouldn't mind."

Deborah examined him for a second before saying, "our current trade laws don't do enough to encourage folks to buy and make American goods. NAFTA needs to be renegotiated. Modernized and updated to take into account what we've learned over the last ten years. I got no problem with trade agreements that actually protect good American families, just think we've been a bit more lax on the issue than we ought to be," she grinned.

His smile faded slightly. "Buchananite." he thought in his head. "Interesting stand. Now, some people are saying there's going to be a recession, and you know, my gut says we're going to hit something bad, but I think it'll just be a little slowdown...Suppose it were as bad as some of those people are saying it's going to be, what do you think ought to be done?"
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat May 14, 2022 4:16 pm

The Volker Residence, Falls Church, Virginia

Sunday 10th June, 2007

As the summer arrived in earnest in the District of Columbia, the Volker household was preparing for their New Englander guests joining them that evening. From what Thomas could recall, at least Congressman Putnam may have visited at some point, albeit not for dinner if memory served him correct, and the evening’s events also featured each of the families children, a rarity for the Volker’s given the distance from Missouri. As the clock in the lounge signalled that the hour of the Putnam’s arrival was fast approaching, Thomas walked into the kitchen, and spoke to Abigail.

“That’s it almost time now, I’ll get the children in the hallway and then you can come join us when you’re ready. It’ll all go well.” Thomas said, finishing with a tone of reassurance.

“Of course, I’m almost finished anyhow. I just need to serve the sweet tea.” Abigail replied, entering the dining room and placing two separate trays of ribs and fried chicken, a southern delicacy that the Kentuckian had regularly served before, albeit altered slightly altered for the sake of Thomas’ health, onto the table, before placing two pitchers of sweet tea on either side of the Volkers’ large oak table.

In the meantime, each of the Volker children came downstairs and lined up in the hallway in order of age, with Abigail soon joining her husband as they all awaited the arrival of their guests.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sun May 15, 2022 11:20 am

New Luciannova wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:"Alright. I want the madness to stop, but I also don't want what was gained to be lost. Keep me informed about your plans to that effect.

"Well, the last Congressman to be elected President was James Abram Garfield, so in some ways I think I'm seen as a long shot. In other ways the fact I hold some progressive views, which really are merely federalist in nature, makes them wary of me. My plans to develop a withdrawal plan for Iraq is still outside of the party mainstream. I've hit Wyoming substantially, but I'm guessing it's a lot of those ideas. it seems that federalism on drugs and marriage equality is overshadowing my conservative principles on taxation and spending and abortion, at least that seems to be the popular consensus, I'm getting. Are you hearing different things on the ground?"

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind. One last thing. What would your thoughts be on building a national high speed rail system?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sun May 15, 2022 11:21 am

Kavanis wrote:
The Sarangtus Lands wrote:Northwoods sent a message back, asking him to meet him in his antebellum-style Alabama mansion.

“As I explained,” Carla tried again, “We’re not taking time off the campaign route. And Alabama is barely on it. It’s locked for Feyrer and doesn’t vote until Super Tuesday anyway. We’ll probably swing back through next month. If Secretary Northwoods wants to catch up with us in Huntsville, Birmingham or Montgomery, we can try to arrange a meeting. If the mansion is further south than that, we’ll have to extend our regrets as we can’t justify taking that much time out of the campaign route.”

Ben himself meanwhile returned the call of Everitt Colbert. “Hello, Senator. This just a social call or are you looking to arrange a meeting?”

"I want to arrange a meeting. My staffers have gotten me ahold of some of your campaign material, and it looks pretty good. Would a meeting in Wyoming or D.C. be most convenient for you?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Sun May 15, 2022 11:25 am

Tommy Sommo,
Washington, D.C.
June 12th, 2007

Tommy Sommo hustled through the halls of the Capitol, searching for brand new Speaker Cragie's office. Papers fell out of his overstuffed manila folder as he went. Finally, he found the door, and knocked.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Kavanis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kavanis » Sun May 15, 2022 1:06 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Kavanis wrote:

"I want to arrange a meeting. My staffers have gotten me ahold of some of your campaign material, and it looks pretty good. Would a meeting in Wyoming or D.C. be most convenient for you?"

“We’ll be in Wyoming in the next couple of weeks (June 15 – 29) so can arrange a meeting there. Otherwise, we’ll be back in DC by July. Whatever works best for you, Senator.”

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Sun May 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Sunday, June 3, 2007
Boston, MA

Fleur LeBeau Dupont had been late, just as John Amos Mattox had also been late. They had missed one another at the end of May, with John having suddenly taken off to Memphis on behalf of Carole Martel and Fleur having met up with his other relatives in Boston. Fleur sat in the study of Mattox Manor, silently reading one of several copies of The Letters of JRR Tolkien; she had just finished Letter 47 when John entered, carrying a tray with tea and croissants on it, followed by his youngest daughter, Ginevra.

Mattox's Study
"We're so sorry to have kept you waiting," Mattox began, but he was promptly stopped when Fleur held up a single finger. She moved a bookmark onto the page and then turned to face them, a small smile on her face.

"It is fine, mon ami. I take it that you remember some French, oui?" Her accent was soft and hardly noticeable and was truly able to be lost among any onlookers due to the Boston accent that the Mattox family had. They were an old family, very old, having been in America prior to the Revolutionary War.

"Oui, ma chère, je le fais.I have kept up with it, as well as the other languages I've used over the years... Russian, German, a touch of Spanish... but always French. Always French." John set the tray down on the table and smiled at his old friend, having not seen her since before he left to go to Vietnam in 1971.

"How did you meet my father?" Ginevra asked as she took a seat across from Fleur. John began pouring cups of tea for each of them, steam rising from the cups.

"I still take milk with two sugars, cher," Fleur said before John had the chance to say a word. "I met John at Milton Academy; my father, Pierre LeBeau, was an investor that often did business in New England, and I had always wanted to live in the States, so he and I lived here for several years. My maman, Marie... was not so fond of less Américains. I met your father on my very first day--" she paused momentarily to accept a cup of tea from John before resuming, while he then handed a cup to Ginevra-- "and we became fast friends."

"That's not how I remember it," John said. "I very plainly remember us competing for several months before we finally admitted that neither one of us was as bad or snobby as the other believed. It was the other dozen or so members of our classes that were petulant delinquents. It wasn't too long after leaving Milton, though, that I joined the military-- Fleur returned to France with Monsieur LeBeau, and we never contacted one another again."

"Well, that's just sad," Ginevra murmured after taking a sip of tea. "No contact in thirty years, and now you're best friends again? That's a bit of a stretch."

"We're just as young as ever," Fleur remarked, "though your father is certainly more grayed than he was when he ran for vice president. I suspect that the loss of the Speakership is to blame for that-- you did promise two victories for progressives, John."

"And there were-- Wilson-Carter is out of the way, and Carole Martel shall be the Democratic nominee. I hate incrementalism as much as the next liberal, but I'm fully aware that Laakso and St. Cierge aren't going to win-- one's absent, and the other's too progressive for the American people to stomach. In, say, ten years, St. Cierge will be perfect-- I fully intend to be around to see him try this again. Laakso, though... North Dakota won't stay blue in the Senate for much longer, and he's not done much campaigning."

"And Fleming?"

"Do you remember Stephen Humphrey Bogart? The guy that became a director, the one that went to Milton?"

"Oui."

"Fleming's just the opposite. The self-righteous prick wouldn't be able to hold the party together, let alone the nation. Some of his policies are rather decent, but he won't be able to win a presidential election. Maybe after eight years of Martel, he could try again... Martel will make small changes, but it'll set us up for some larger things in the future. Just you wait."
Last edited by Meretica on Sun May 15, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Luciannova » Sun May 15, 2022 8:30 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The Volker Residence, Falls Church, Virginia

Sunday 10th June, 2007

As the summer arrived in earnest in the District of Columbia, the Volker household was preparing for their New Englander guests joining them that evening. From what Thomas could recall, at least Congressman Putnam may have visited at some point, albeit not for dinner if memory served him correct, and the evening’s events also featured each of the families children, a rarity for the Volker’s given the distance from Missouri. As the clock in the lounge signalled that the hour of the Putnam’s arrival was fast approaching, Thomas walked into the kitchen, and spoke to Abigail.

“That’s it almost time now, I’ll get the children in the hallway and then you can come join us when you’re ready. It’ll all go well.” Thomas said, finishing with a tone of reassurance.

“Of course, I’m almost finished anyhow. I just need to serve the sweet tea.” Abigail replied, entering the dining room and placing two separate trays of ribs and fried chicken, a southern delicacy that the Kentuckian had regularly served before, albeit altered slightly altered for the sake of Thomas’ health, onto the table, before placing two pitchers of sweet tea on either side of the Volkers’ large oak table.

In the meantime, each of the Volker children came downstairs and lined up in the hallway in order of age, with Abigail soon joining her husband as they all awaited the arrival of their guests.

On the other side of the door Amadeus and Kenzie Putnam were walking up to the front door. They had their three children in tow. Kenzie was holding Artemis' hand making sure the toddler retained her balance. Thomas Aquinas and Dagny had followed behind the couple, keenly observing various little things kids always found interesting in the lawn and furniture. Both kids had small backpacks with them to bring some of their own belongings to keep them occupied, especially if the event ran late. Although Amadeus and Kenzie had talked up the fact that the Volkers had a daughter close to them in age.
Amadeus Putnam was wearing a dark blue polo shirt and khakis over boating shoes, Kenzie was wearing a yellow sundress with a floral print. The children were dressed similarly.
Amadeus Putnam knocked on the door and in his best Chevy Chase impression said "Landshark." This prompted an eyeroll from Kenzie who was too young to fully relate to the reference.
Amadeus Putnam was carrying a plate he and Kenzie had made of mashed red potatoes with skin and all, loaded with bits of bacon, scallions, chives, onions, and cheddar cheese as well as cornbread from an old family recipe. Amadeus insisted it "goes back to Plymouth and a combination of European bread-making and the corn of the local natives," however this was probably false. He suggested it was prepared by Israel Putnam's family and he brought it with him on campaign, this anecdote was debatable. However, be it truly connected to the Putnam family on the Mayflower or the Battle of Bunker Hill, it certainly was at least as old as the US Civil War, and was definitely a family recipe and trade secret. Kenzie had won awards for it in a county fair more than once.
Last edited by New Luciannova on Sun May 15, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Luciannova
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Luciannova » Sun May 15, 2022 8:44 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Luciannova wrote:

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind. One last thing. What would your thoughts be on building a national high speed rail system?"

I would like it, but am hesitant to put my name on it without knowing varying details, such as how much use would we get out of it, how much would it cost, would it be for passengers or freight, and so on. I'm a bit of a rail enthusiast, but that's more a personal matter.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse