NATION

PASSWORD

Great Shift: Celebration at Sawna (OOC/Fantasy/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chinniwana
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chinniwana » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:20 pm

Observation Post 13 wrote:Applying :)

Race: Elf
Class: Poet
Strength Roll:
Gold Roll:
Weapons: (Max 2)
Items: (Max 2-3)
Abilities: (Max 3)
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:

Questions:
"Every Character has 2 actions, one to move and one to perform an Ability or use an Item."
If you don't perform a movement during a Round, can you instead do an extra action?
"...Turns (one group of characters performing a move and action)."
Do you mean the whole group decides on a single move and action?

Are there any special abilities with different weapon types? I checked the roster and they seem mostly the same, either ranged or stabby knife.

1: I've been debating on that. I think I'll allow it this time around, but if it feels too over powered, then it probably won't return.
2: No; every character in the group gets their own move and action, its just when all of their moves and actions are done, that's when the next turn happens. I should also mention that groups are divided between Allies (The players and their allies) and Hostiles (everyone else).
3: I once had it that every weapon had their own abilities/attributes. The Pugio would've dealt Triple damage attacking targets from behind, for instance. However, I felt that weapons also having abilities would make them too overpowered, so I removed them. So for at least this campaign, they're just stabby knives and ranged things.

Your Rolls.

Pick 2 and I'll do your Health and Gold, and you can get stuff. :)

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:20 pm

Strength Roll:
Gold Roll:
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:

Questions:
"Every Character has 2 actions, one to move and one to perform an Ability or use an Item."
If you don't perform a movement during a Round, can you instead do an extra action?
"...Turns (one group of characters performing a move and action)."
Do you mean the whole group decides on a single move and action?

Are there any special abilities with different weapon types? I checked the roster and they seem mostly the same, either ranged or stabby knife.

1: I've been debating on that. I think I'll allow it this time around, but if it feels too over powered, then it probably won't return.
2: No; every character in the group gets their own move and action, its just when all of their moves and actions are done, that's when the next turn happens. I should also mention that groups are divided between Allies (The players and their allies) and Hostiles (everyone else).
3: I once had it that every weapon had their own abilities/attributes. The Pugio would've dealt Triple damage attacking targets from behind, for instance. However, I felt that weapons also having abilities would make them too overpowered, so I removed them. So for at least this campaign, they're just stabby knives and ranged things.

Your Rolls.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:21 pm

Strala wrote:Race: Elf
Class: Praetorian
Strength Roll:
Gold Roll:
Name: Romanus
Appearance:
Biography:

Your Rolls:

Pick 2!

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Strength Roll:6
Gold Roll:5
Weapons: Hasta
Items: Tribulus
Abilities: Fury Swipes and Blink
Appearance:
Biography: Romanus is the third son of a senator. He has always been more martially inclined than his siblings. Similar to other young elves of the senatorial class, he joined the legion(army? I assume the elves are inspired by Roman traditions) as a tribune. He rapidly rose through the ranks of the legion, and he would soon be transferred into the elite and prestigious Praetorian unit.
Last edited by Strala on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 am

Strala wrote:
Weapons: Hasta
Items: Tribulus
Abilities: Fury Swipes and Blink
Appearance:
Biography: Romanus is the third son of a senator. He has always been more martially inclined than his siblings. Similar to other young elves of the senatorial class, he joined the legion(army? I assume the elves are inspired by Roman traditions) as a tribune. He rapidly rose through the ranks of the legion, and he would soon be transferred into the elite and prestigious Praetorian unit.

Approved!

Hinzland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Pretty excited this is getting a little bit of attention. It’s pretty unique in the way that it’s art motivated. When’s the IC going up?
There Darkness Dwells… FanT Roleplay!
“Congrats on surviving high school, now pay your damn taxes!”
NS stats are to be taken literally.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:51 pm

Hinzland wrote:Pretty excited this is getting a little bit of attention. It’s pretty unique in the way that it’s art motivated. When’s the IC going up?

I'm hoping to launch it (if we get at least 4 people, which we should) between Feb. 10th and Feb. 20th. Most likely Feb. 15th.

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Observation Post 13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:18 pm

Chinniwana wrote:

Strength Roll:
Gold Roll:
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:

Your Rolls.

Strength Roll: 6
Gold Roll: 3
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:52 pm

Motri wrote:Race:Elf
Class:Pontiff
Strength Roll:5
Gold Roll:14
Weapons: Gladius
Arcus (Max 2)
Items: Makoi Bag
Caligae(Max 2-3)
Abilities:Teleport
Portals
Web (Max 3)
Name:Arel Beiris
Appearance: Standing 6' 1" tall, this Pale skinned elf has an absent-minded feel about him. His short, wavy, lilac hair, currently dip-dyed almost the full length with shades of black. He often wears scruffy, casual clothes.
Biography:A Kind elf, Arel always was, no matter how scatterbrained he was. When he was a kid, he would always help everyone he could. As he grew older, he proved to be good at fighting, His scatterbrainedness allowed him to analyze situations. Due to this, Arel soon attracted the attention of the Marshal

this good enough?

Your Character Sheet. Let me know if you're happy with your Character's design.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:53 pm

Observation Post 13 wrote:Race: Elf
Gold Roll: 3
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:

Looks good! Your Health is 35 and your Gold is 23. You're set to buy Weapons and Items, and get Abilities.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Chinniwana wrote:
Motri wrote:Race:Elf
Class:Pontiff
Strength Roll:5
Gold Roll:14
Arcus (Max 2)
Items: Makoi Bag
Caligae(Max 2-3)
Abilities:Teleport
Portals
Web (Max 3)
Name:Arel Beiris
Appearance: Standing 6' 1" tall, this Pale skinned elf has an absent-minded feel about him. His short, wavy, lilac hair, currently dip-dyed almost the full length with shades of black. He often wears scruffy, casual clothes.
Biography:A Kind elf, Arel always was, no matter how scatterbrained he was. When he was a kid, he would always help everyone he could. As he grew older, he proved to be good at fighting, His scatterbrainedness allowed him to analyze situations. Due to this, Arel soon attracted the attention of the Marshal

this good enough?

Your Character Sheet. Let me know if you're happy with your Character's design.

I do have some questions. What does the Tribulus do and are some abilities class locked? Also is it possible to make a few edits to my application?
Last edited by Strala on Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:18 pm

Strala wrote:I do have some questions. What does the Tribulus do and are some abilities class locked?

No Abilities are class locked; any Ability on the Ability page, anyone can take. The ability 'Telepathy', however, was locked behind the purchasee of the 'Makoi Bag' and whoever ends up playing as the Makoi.

The Tribulus, what we now call a Caltrop, is basically an area of denial tool; you place it on the battlefield, becoming a tile, and any target that tries to go past it takes 6 Damage.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 pm

Chinniwana wrote:
Strala wrote:I do have some questions. What does the Tribulus do and are some abilities class locked?

No Abilities are class locked; any Ability on the Ability page, anyone can take. The ability 'Telepathy', however, was locked behind the purchasee of the 'Makoi Bag' and whoever ends up playing as the Makoi.

The Tribulus, what we now call a Caltrop, is basically an area of denial tool; you place it on the battlefield, becoming a tile, and any target that tries to go past it takes 6 Damage.

Okay. Can I throw up a slightly modified app?

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:46 pm

Strala wrote:
Chinniwana wrote:

Okay. Can I throw up a slightly modified app?

Absolutely.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Great Shift: Celebration at Sawna (OOC/Fantasy/2 Spaces)

Postby Strala » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:47 pm

Items: Lorica and Abacus
Abilities: Fury Swipes, Magnetism, and Lightening
Appearance:

Also is it possible for me to hop on a later time for when the campaign starts? I'm in school when the campaign starts at 12 PM.
Last edited by Strala on Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:02 pm

Appearance:

Also is it possible for me to hop on a later time for when the campaign starts? I'm in school when the campaign starts at 12 PM.

This is good! Still accepted!

Also it should be fine to not be there immediately. I don't think things will move so fast that you'll be too far behind to keep up. So it should all work out. :)

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:49 pm

Hinzland wrote:Race: Elf
Class: Gladiator
Gold Roll: 23
Weapons: (Max 2) Khopesh
Items: (Max 2-3) Galigae, Signifier
Abilities: (Max 3) Web, Ignite, Blink
Name: Karn
Appearance: Imagine Conan the Barbarian but with pointy ears.
Biography: Karn is a simple Elf raised by simple parents, but like many of his brethren responded to the call to adventure at a young age. Although a violent fighter, he prefers to be at peace, with his friends and family. He is softly spoken, rarely raising his voice, and has been described as a gentle giant.

Here's Karn. Just let me know if you like you character design or not.

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Chinniwana wrote:
Hinzland wrote:Race: Elf
Class: Gladiator
Gold Roll: 23
Weapons: (Max 2) Khopesh
Items: (Max 2-3) Galigae, Signifier
Abilities: (Max 3) Web, Ignite, Blink
Name: Karn
Appearance: Imagine Conan the Barbarian but with pointy ears.
Biography: Karn is a simple Elf raised by simple parents, but like many of his brethren responded to the call to adventure at a young age. Although a violent fighter, he prefers to be at peace, with his friends and family. He is softly spoken, rarely raising his voice, and has been described as a gentle giant.

Here's Karn. Just let me know if you like you character design or not.

I’m digging the red hair

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:53 am

Gold Roll: 3 (TOTAL GOLD 23)
Weapons:
- PUGIO (5 G)
Items:
- ABACUS (9 G)
- PARMA (9 G)
Abilities:
- FIREBALL
- BLINK
- STEAL
Name: Willis Philips
Appearance: https://pin.it/5yX7Iw8
Biography: The Marshal promised to absolve Willis's crimes, after this.

...the crime of being too awesome! The other reason is that Willis loves adventures, and signed up when the marshal called.
Last edited by Observation Post 13 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:41 pm

Weapons:
- PUGIO (5 G)
Items:
- ABACUS (9 G)
- PARMA (9 G)
Abilities:
- FIREBALL
- BLINK
- STEAL

Would you mind expanding on the crime/biography a little? Also, why would a Criminal be hanging out with someone as important as one of the Marshalls of the Elves? Otherwise this looks good.
Last edited by Chinniwana on Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hinzland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hinzland » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:34 pm

What is the culture of the elves like? Government? Do they like sports? What is their general philosophy on life and what is their goals? What do their cities look like?

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Hinzland wrote:What is the culture of the elves like? Government? Do they like sports? What is their general philosophy on life and what is their goals? What do their cities look like?

Culture: A Mix of Pre-Christian Scandinavia and late Republic/early Empire Rome. They're master blacksmiths and jewel crafters who, due to their Goddess being murdered and their society constantly being at war, have mastered the blade and have become some of the fiercest warriors in the world.

Government: A combination of Monarchy, Oligarchy, Parliament Democracy and Military Dictatorship. Basically, they have a Queen, Emma Haddar, but she's a figurehead for the Kingdom. The real power is held by her Marshall, which used to be a strong warrior named Valka Vittstein, but she has recently resigned from her position and her entire family now owns this position (including Viggo and Lana). There's also a Senate, where the other Noble Families influence their power, but they are basically rubber stamps whatever the Vittsteins want. Finally, there's a Tribune system where Commoners send representatives to discuss their own national laws and propose them to the Queen, but since the Queen has no power, and the Senate answers to the Vittsteins, it's kind of worthless.

Meanwhile, cities have a duel government system in place where the Commoners elect a Mayor that represents them, while the city itself is run by a Noble (normally a low-tier member of a Noble family). The Mayor can make suggestions to the Noble in charge but the Nobles themselves have all the power.

Sports: Elven sports are mostly the kind that make warriors; gladiatorial spectacles, military games like archery, marathon running, competitive lifting, and wrestling are all common through out the Kingdom. Less common are games that usually involve teamwork and balls, though they do happen from time to time. These games are never really sponsored by the Government, especially compared to the combative and single-person winning games.

Philosophy/Life: Philosophically, the Elves believe in what is known as 'Demi-Deism', where the Gods and Goddesses deaths resulted in the Immortals becoming the true Gods of the world. Their version of Demi-Deism focus in the power of the star being Immortals, known as the Celestials, who maintain the heavens and can also grant wishes to Mortals from time to time. Their patron Immortal, Breyh, is one of these Celestials who has taken the Elves under her points. They also despise Undeath, as Undead forces were the reason their Original Goddess, Dreyann, died; they killed her for her blood, as Immortal Blood (commonly called "Moontears") is needed for the Undead Ritual.

Culturally, Generally speaking, Elven society is very similar to Roman society. People are either soldiers, merchants selling their wares in towns, or slaves doing hard labor through out the Kingdom. Elves believe strength and magical strength are the best attributes to have, though it doesn't hurt to be smart, clever or quick. They also believe those who were born disabled are blessed with special powers. Elves are rarely monogamous, and do not have a ritual like marriage. Instead, Elves tend to have multiple lovers and many children from those lovers. Usually men raise all of the children, but it's not unusual for a woman to have daughters under their control. Education is for the elite nobles in the Kingdom, with 95% of the people relying on their parental figure to teach them how to survive. Slavery is common, but Elves do not discriminate on who to make a Slave, so long as they aren't Undead. Being Undead or preaching Undead philosophies are strictly banned and anyone found guilty are immediately put to death.

Cities: City structure are based on whatever the nobles desires are, with some minor input by the citizens of the city. Most cities, though, have a few similarities; usually the city center has a magical well and a Forum building for the masses, farms on the outskirts of the city, and then way outside the distance of the city is a mansion meant for the Noble to live in with their servants, slaves, relations and friends. Some cities have bath houses, some have libraries, some have universities, some have amphitheaters and theatres, some have dockyards, but its dependent upon the Nobles whims and wealth if these things actually exist. Architecturally, the cities resemble Norse settlements of simple wooden designs.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:04 pm

Appearance:

Here's Romanus. Let me know if this looks good to you.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Postby Chinniwana » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Weapons:
- PUGIO (5 G)
Items:
- ABACUS (9 G)
- PARMA (9 G)
Abilities:
- FIREBALL
- BLINK
- STEAL

Just a heads up Post 13; if you don't expand on your characters Biography in 24 hours I think I'm gonna have to reject your app. Sorry, but there's too much vagueness for me to accept it as is.

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Observation Post 13 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Sorry! I've re-adjusted my app! Is it fine now?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse