NATION

PASSWORD

The New Amsterdam Daily (Politcal Satire/Comedy RP) IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am

Nova Catania wrote:“So, I got a stakeout all set up, who do you want me to spy on?”

James Solomon

“Ah! Phil! You startled me! Don’t do that again” said Solomon as he nearly jumped out of his chair. “I need to to follow up on Tom Ward. See if he’s up to anything else” instructed the publisher. Then he sent him out.

Voxija wrote:Arusha Washington wrote even more, and when she finished, she gave a sigh of relief. She brought the article back to ...Solomon! She kind of expected to be rejected again.

"Hello," Arusha said cheerfully. "Here it is!"

Next, Arusha came in with her new article. Solomon read through the manuscript, and looked up the the writer. He said: “Alright, not bad. Good work. Now go get dome rest, tomorrow’s a big day.”
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:37 am

Phil Goldman

"Got it boss, Tommy Ward" said Phil, leaving Solomon's office. He went to talk to Marlon.

"Our mission, should you choose to accept it, is to follow Tom Ward, to see what he is truly up to. Should you, or any of our team be captured or killed, Mr. Solomon will disavow any knowledge of our actions" he said to Marlon.

Phil then went down to his office. It was next to the bathrooms, but still very private. He opened drawer after drawer that had spy gear. Night vision goggles, scopes, listening devices, zip-line wires connected to grappling hooks, glass cutters, and stealth suits.

(cue Mission: Impossible theme)

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am

Nova Catania wrote:Phil Goldman

"Got it boss, Tommy Ward" said Phil, leaving Solomon's office. He went to talk to Marlon.

"Our mission, should you choose to accept it, is to follow Tom Ward, to see what he is truly up to. Should you, or any of our team be captured or killed, Mr. Solomon will disavow any knowledge of our actions" he said to Marlon.

Phil then went down to his office. It was next to the bathrooms, but still very private. He opened drawer after drawer that had spy gear. Night vision goggles, scopes, listening devices, zip-line wires connected to grappling hooks, glass cutters, and stealth suits.

(cue Mission: Impossible theme)

Marlon followed Phil around like a happy puppy. He didn't have any spy gear, except a huge sparkly makeup case and a plastic box of feather boas from his drag days.

"We need code names. You can choose the category. Picasso works or Country Singers. If it's Picasso I call Guernica, if it's country singers I call Dolly Parton."
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 am

Phil Goldman

"My codename is Eagle. Since you are a junior agent under my supervision, your codename is Eaglet" stated Phil.

Phil went digging through his spy gear for something. He then found a piece of paper.

"First things first, you gotta learn the Moscow rules." Phil handed Marlon the sheet of paper with 10 rules on it.

THE MOSCOW RULES

1. Assume nothing.

2. Never go against your gut.

3. Everyone is potentially under opposition control.

4. Don't look back, you are never completely alone.

5. Go with the flow, blend in.

6. Vary your pattern and stay completely within your cover.

7. Lull then into a sense of complacency.

8. Don't harass the opposition.

9. Pick the time and place for action.

10. Keep your options open.

Phil then handed Marlon a gym tote. Inside was a walkie talkie, sunglasses, basic night vision goggles, and black clothes.

"Stealth kit. Alright kid, listen up. I can see that this is your first field mission. So calm down, and pay attention." Phil said before looking both ways.

He unrolled a large piece of paper containing a map of Manhattan. He also got photos, lists of names, and began marking the map. It was clearly a low-tech version of the holographic mission briefings from the movies. Several points on the map marked the stops Tom Ward made on his daily routine. First, a quick bite at a café on 23rd Street. Then to visit his law office on Madison. after 3 hours at the office, he left for home, his new apartment in Midtown, on Bleecker St.

"My network of informants helped obtain this information. At 1400 hours, he leaves a campaign event in Lower Manhattan, we shadow him from there." he said before wrapping all his maps up.

"Come on Eaglet, we're be late!" he said as he was walking out.

"And try to put a lid on the giddiness" said Phil, putting on his shades.
Last edited by Nova Catania on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:31 pm

"My codename is Eagle. Since you are a junior agent under my supervision, your codename is Eaglet" stated Phil.

Phil went digging through his spy gear for something. He then found a piece of paper.

"First things first, you gotta learn the Moscow rules." Phil handed Marlon the sheet of paper with 10 rules on it.

THE MOSCOW RULES

1. Assume nothing.

2. Never go against your gut.

3. Everyone is potentially under opposition control.

4. Don't look back, you are never completely alone.

5. Go with the flow, blend in.

6. Vary your pattern and stay completely within your cover.

7. Lull then into a sense of complacency.

8. Don't harass the opposition.

9. Pick the time and place for action.

10. Keep your options open.

Phil then handed Marlon a gym tote. Inside was a walkie talkie, sunglasses, basic night vision goggles, and black clothes.

"Stealth kit. Alright kid, listen up. I can see that this is your first field mission. So calm down, and pay attention." Phil said before looking both ways.

He unrolled a large piece of paper containing a map of Manhattan. He also got photos, lists of names, and began marking the map. It was clearly a low-tech version of the holographic mission briefings from the movies. Several points on the map marked the stops Tom Ward made on his daily routine. First, a quick bite at a café on 23rd Street. Then to visit his law office on Madison. after 3 hours at the office, he left for home, his new apartment in Midtown, on Bleecker St.

"My network of informants helped obtain this information. At 1400 hours, he leaves a campaign event in Lower Manhattan, we shadow him from there." he said before wrapping all his maps up.

"Come on Eaglet, we're be late!" he said as he was walking out.

"And try to put a lid on the giddiness" said Phil, putting on his shades.

Marlon frowned, stuffing his makeup and feather boa into the gym tote and following Phil.

"I don't want to be Eaglet. Eaglet is a dumb name. I'm a talented artist who's right now a hard hitting reporter. But in disguise I can be anyone. So I should have a cool nickname, of an animal that can disappear on command, but sees everything, like Chameleon or Cuttlefish."
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:11 am

Phil Goldman

"Look, you don't need a disguise, you need to be invisible, hence the stealth clothes. If you like, your codename can be Stealth Panther, because they stalk their prey from the shadows." said Phil to Marlon.

Phil was willing to concede when it came to codenames. But his plan required that they stay in the shadows. No disguises.

After a long cab ride, they arrived at the building where Tom Ward was supposed to be leaving.

"We'll set up in the coffee shop across the street" said Phil.

"Remember, be patient" he added.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 am

"Look, you don't need a disguise, you need to be invisible, hence the stealth clothes. If you like, your codename can be Stealth Panther, because they stalk their prey from the shadows." said Phil to Marlon.

Phil was willing to concede when it came to codenames. But his plan required that they stay in the shadows. No disguises.

After a long cab ride, they arrived at the building where Tom Ward was supposed to be leaving.

"We'll set up in the coffee shop across the street" said Phil.

"Remember, be patient" he added.

Stealth Panther was a much cooler nickname. Marlon could live with that.

Near a coffee shop
After a long cab ride with Phil
Marlon "Stealth Panther" Yates

"If we're in a coffee shop, shouldn't we disguise ourselves as patrons? Instead of hiding? It will be less suspicious. And I can blend in with the scenery. Hide in plain sight."

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 am

Tom Ward
Just outside a business center

"Ok, thank you" said the charismatic candidate, leaving the building. A valet brought his car around. It was a nice Cadillac SUV. He got in, and set his GPS. Unbeknownst to him, two reporters were staking him out from across the street. "Damn stupid GPS, how does it not know where I want to go. I'll just use my phone. (indistinct grumbling) The Ethical Chickpea." He set off in direction of Midtown.
After about 15 minutes, he arrived at The Ethical Chickpea. He was picking some up, but who? Sonia Stevens, his rival candidate left the restaurant, and seconds later, so did Tom. She got in his car and they drove off.
When they arrived at an apartment building, Sonia got out, and kissed Tom, yes kissed her political rival. "Love you" she said, blowing and air kiss at Tom, walking into her building.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Caliland wrote:Next, Arusha came in with her new article. Solomon read through the manuscript, and looked up the the writer. He said: “Alright, not bad. Good work. Now go get dome rest, tomorrow’s a big day.”

...Sure. Arusha cleaned up her office, thought about interviewing people like Roy Greenfield Zionist and her roommate Jody Collier, and picked at her pimples. Arusha still had pimples even though she was 26. Maybe that meant something.

Arusha took a subway back to her apartment, which was way too expensive even with two people paying rent. Arusha feared her evil landlord. But that was unimportant compared with interviewing her roommate.

Jody Collier was blonde. And white. And was an unpopular beauty YouTuber among millions of beauty YouTubers. She still made more money than Arusha Washington's news job. Jody hated anything to do with politics. She hated every politician, and even Broadway musicals or the Founding Fathers could not escape her wrath. She would be interesting to interview.

When Arusha came at Jody with her phone and her Notes app out, Jody knew what was coming next. Arusha had tried to make Jody agree with her so many times it was insane. It was like Arusha thought everyone who didn't agree with her was a jerk. Jody could not fathom that.

"Oh no..." Jody said.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:19 am

Phil Goldman

Phil looked up from his binoculars. He turned around, and said,

"I knew it! They're colluding! Working together to subvert the election! Marlon are you getting this?!"

Phil wrote something down in his notebook, a portable version of he typical "conspiracy wall" of maps, newspaper clippings and red string.

"Boy, ol' Solomon is gonna get a kick out of this!" he said.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:05 am

Phil looked up from his binoculars. He turned around, and said,

"I knew it! They're colluding! Working together to subvert the election! Marlon are you getting this?!"

Phil wrote something down in his notebook, a portable version of he typical "conspiracy wall" of maps, newspaper clippings and red string.

"Boy, ol' Solomon is gonna get a kick out of this!" he said.

Marlon snapped some pictures from behind the bush of the two getting into Tom's car.

"We should follow them!"

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm

Phil Goldman

“Let’s go, Stealth Panther!” said Phil.

He got up an hailed a cab.

“Follow that car!” He said to the cabbie.

On the journey, Phil kept writing down his theories in his notebook.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:57 pm

“Let’s go, Stealth Panther!” said Phil.

He got up an hailed a cab.

“Follow that car!” He said to the cabbie.

On the journey, Phil kept writing down his theories in his notebook.

Marlon knocked on the partition of the cab, and leaned over to the driver.

"We're on a top secret mission. If anyone asks, we were never here."

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:31 am

Phil Goldman

The cab stopped suddenly.

"Hey! Why'd ya stop!?" asked Phil.

"The car I'm following stopped" said the cabbie, in a New York accent to rival even Phil's accent.

"Stealth Panther, let's go" said Phil, running out of the cab in his stealth suit.

"Keep her running" he said to the cabbie, tossing him some more cash.

He hid behind a set of outdoor stairs, leading up to one of the buildings. Then he saw Tom Ward and his election rival kiss.

"Oh, my God! It's worse than I thought! They're in love!" exclaimed Phil.

The possibilities for conspiracy theories were endless.

"Make sure you get some good picture of this!" he said to Marlon.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:25 am

Nova Catania wrote:"Oh, my God! It's worse than I thought! They're in love!" exclaimed Phil.

The possibilities for conspiracy theories were endless.

"Make sure you get some good picture of this!" he said to Marlon.

Marlon gasped, and took photos of them. What a scandal!

"Eagle, we've struck gold!" he whispered to Phil, taking a selfie of the two, and then taking pictures of Sonia getting into her apartment and Tom getting into his car.

"Should we follow him again?"

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am

Phil Goldman

"No, let's get out of here" whispered Phil.

Phil packed up his things, and got in the cab.

"Make sure Solomon gets those pictures!" said Phil to Marlon.

"I'm going home, I'm tired" he said.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am

"No, let's get out of here" whispered Phil.

Phil packed up his things, and got in the cab.

"Make sure Solomon gets those pictures!" said Phil to Marlon.

"I'm going home, I'm tired" he said.

Marlon shrugged and headed back to the Dam's HQ.

Outside of Solomon's office
After en exceptionally long subway ride
Marlon "Mickey Mouse" Yates

Marlon rapped on the door, and before waiting for a response, swaggered in.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Before. The Interview from Hell
DeMarcus Clark, NFL beat reporter now assigned to politics

Shaking the hand of the polished politician who looked like some person he should know but never cared to didn't bother DeMarcus. He was happy. He was about to impress. Had all his questions that he needed in his mind. And a phone with a recorder on it. Who needs pencils and paper today? That is so '80s.

Caliland wrote:Larry Russell
Russell's Campaign Headquarters, Lower Manhattan

Talchyon wrote:But the greeting was cut short, because the door to the inner sanctum opened. And there before the two of them was some guy DeMarcus thought he recognized from ads, but couldn't lay a name to. DeMarcus struck his hand out and said, "DeMarcus Clark, and Victoria Oliver. We're from the New Amsterdam Daily and we'd like to thank you for taking time to answer a few of our questions."

"Larry Russell, glad to have you here, although I was under the impression they were sending one reporter" said the charismatic candidate shaking DeMarcus' hand. Larry had a striking resemblance to Alec Baldwin. "Why don't you come up to my office?" he said, leading the way.

Entering the office space of the politician-guy left DeMarcus nodding his head in appreciation. Nice taste and expensive were the themes, and Russell's work area made that known. It was definitely a few steps up from DeMarcus' cubicle. With one major exception. The man had no sports memorabilia up at all. Nothing. Not even a picture with CB Trumaine Johnson, the worst New York Jets free agent signing since Parcells left in 2000. DeMarcus still enjoyed the chill of the work area, and told the politician so.

The interview, however, went about as well as one might expect when Victoria had set it all up for her alone, and DeMarcus had just crashed the party. She had been furious at him for jumping in on her interview. Demonically so, almost. DeMarcus could care less. He had a column to write too.

It's just when Victoria started to get a good rhythm going with the candidate - Larry Russell, apparently running for governor (who knew?) - DeMarcus would interrupt her question with three of his own. Usually involving trying to nail Russell down to which of the three New York NFL teams was he most supportive of, and when that line of questioning failed, trying to ask Russell's opinion of the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Islanders, and so on. Victoria would glare and try to finish her question with daggers for eyes aimed straight at DeMarcus. DeMarcus interrupted again, this time asking Russell's opinion of the new-ish NFL playoff schedule that gave all teams 17 regular season games instead of 16.

Let's just say, by the end of the interview, Larry Russell was annoyed as hell, Victoria's blood pressure had probably spiked, and DeMarcus still hadn't gotten any closer to finding out what - if any - sports teams the governor candidate wanted to commit to on paper. Well. At least DeMarcus could write something about the questions he had asked Russell, even if the answer would be "He failed to comment."

When the candidate's campaign manager called for him, it was time to leave. DeMarcus high-tailed it out of there before having to put up with any more of Victoria's undeserved hatred. Why should she hate him? He was only doing his job. And that was, to find out what candidates liked what sports teams. The boss would back him. He was sure of it.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:25 am

James Solomon

James Solomon was in his office, going over last-minute things before the paper would be printed. The café review from Gerard, some articles submitted by his political writers, and the pictures of Tom Ward. "Hehe, we'll have a heck of paper tomorrow morning" he chuckled to himself before closing up, and going home.

END OF DAY 1

Day 2, the offices of The New Amsterdam Daily
James Solomon

James Solomon grinned with pride as he read the front page of The New Amsterdam Daily that day. The headline "Tom Ward: Fighter or Lover?" over a picture of him kicking a guy, and one of him kissing rival candidate Sonia Stevens. "This is better than the one we got of that candidate pretending to be King Kong on the Empire State a few years ago" he said to himself. Solomon went down to the bullpen where everybody was that morning to hand out assignments. Gerard, I need you to cancel that review of that uppity place run by a Michelin star-chef, and review a spot called "Billy Bob's BBQ n' Burgers" it's where one of the gubernatorial candidates likes to eat when he's in town. Politics writers, I need interviews, I don't care if they're with the candidates' kindergarten teachers, doctors, or dogwalkers. DeMarcus, Jack Dawson is considering buying the Mets, I want the latest. Marlon, go with DeMarcus. Phil, I need you to cover for Geoff, the Wall Street correspondent, he quit this morning" he said as he walked down the room pointing at people dramatically.

Tim Grant

"Jamesh, over here" whispered Tim, motioning Solomon over. "It appears that theresh a new candidate in the race. Shome shocial media influencer." said Tim. "This big, a late entry, we gotta get on this as soon as possible!" responded James Solomon. "Who here knows anything about the Twittergrams and Instafaces?" said James Solomon out loud in the room.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Caliland wrote:Day 2, the offices of The New Amsterdam Daily
James Solomon

James Solomon grinned with pride as he read the front page of The New Amsterdam Daily that day. The headline "Tom Ward: Fighter or Lover?" over a picture of him kicking a guy, and one of him kissing rival candidate Sonia Stevens. "This is better than the one we got of that candidate pretending to be King Kong on the Empire State a few years ago" he said to himself. Solomon went down to the bullpen where everybody was that morning to hand out assignments. Gerard, I need you to cancel that review of that uppity place run by a Michelin star-chef, and review a spot called "Billy Bob's BBQ n' Burgers" it's where one of the gubernatorial candidates likes to eat when he's in town. Politics writers, I need interviews, I don't care if they're with the candidates' kindergarten teachers, doctors, or dogwalkers. DeMarcus, Jack Dawson is considering buying the Mets, I want the latest. Marlon, go with DeMarcus. Phil, I need you to cover for Geoff, the Wall Street correspondent, he quit this morning" he said as he walked down the room pointing at people dramatically.

Marlon gave Solomon a cringey salute and walked over to DeMarcus.

Next to DeMarcus
Two seconds later
Marlon "Mets Man" Yates

Marlon shook DeMarcus's hand.

"Marlon Yates. Auteur, artist, well-renowned, and fantastic at being so. Happy to work with you. With my brilliant photography, and a little help from you, we can capture the latest in a classless politicization of a New York icon by an out-of-touch businessman looking to buy the favor of the public."

Marlon pulled a Mets hat from out of his satchel and plopped it on his head.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 pm

Assignment time
DeMarcus Clark

The lot was cast. The die was thrown. Two fates were intertwined, as if at random. But fate, being the fickle thing it is, was especially so today. That's because while love is blind, and justice is too, fate is simply loopy and is not always right in the head. This keen observation must be true, seeing who had been paired up with DeMarcus on their next assignment and the low quality level of work that might be expected from such a pairing.

Madrinpoor wrote:Next to DeMarcus
Two seconds later
Marlon "Mets Man" Yates

Marlon shook DeMarcus's hand.

"Marlon Yates. Auteur, artist, well-renowned, and fantastic at being so. Happy to work with you. With my brilliant photography, and a little help from you, we can capture the latest in a classless politicization of a New York icon by an out-of-touch businessman looking to buy the favor of the public."

Marlon pulled a Mets hat from out of his satchel and plopped it on his head.

DeMarcus stood stunned for a minute, never having met Marlon before. Then he remembered to shake the man's hand, with the same bewildered look on his face that he had hearing Marlon speak, as DeMarcus simply said, "Uh huh. DeMarcus Clark. Sports. NFL, mainly... Uh..."

One might have thought that DeMarcus was tongue-tied, as one might be in the presence of royalty, a celebrity, or a beautiful model. DeMarcus, however, was tongue-tied but for a different reason. He wasn't exactly sure what this Marlon guy was just talkin' about. Was the classless political-ation-dealie that this dude was just saying something about how the Mets might get new ownership? The sports reporter supposed that the Mets could be considered classless and highly politicized. Especially by Yankees fans. But that was too baseball-centric and not nearly football-centric of a thought, so the whole idea struggled to make sense in DeMarcus' consciousness. The end result was, he couldn't come up with anything to say.

Fortunately, he was spared from having to come up with something to say when the editor spoke again.

Caliland wrote:Day 2, the offices of The New Amsterdam Daily
James Solomon

"Who here knows anything about the Twittergrams and Instafaces?" said James Solomon out loud in the room.

SAVED in the nick of time. DeMarcus turned toward his boss, thankful to be out of that uncomfortable first meeting, and said, "Yo. I check that stuff all the time. You'd be surprised how much of a brand OBJ has just by that. Sports gets posted all the time there, so to follow up on the news, I'm your man." It was amazing what counted for news as a sports reporter. Or how he got paid to surf online and listen to random podcasts debating whether Lamar Jackson deserved to be called an elite quarterback or not.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:18 am

Caliland wrote:Phil, I need you to cover for Geoff, the Wall Street correspondent, he quit this morning"

Phil Goldman

"Wall Street? Don't tell me those commies are planning to sink the economy again!" said Phil under his breath, but just loud enough so that everyone could hear.

Wall Street, is of course a staunchly capitalist institution, but to Phil it didn't matter. It was full of reds trying to destroy the US economy. Reporting on the elections effect on Wall Street would be a challenge, since the only thing Phil knew about Wall Street was a movie with Leonardo DeCaprio in it.

"Alright boss" said Phil, disillusioned.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Arusha Washington

Our young reporter woke up rested and worrying about finances. She desperately tried to remember her dream, thinking it might have revealed something about her character, but the dream slipped quickly from Arusha's mind. After dressing, getting ready, and such, Arusha Washington put the finishing touches on her interview with "ordinary apathetic citizen" Jody Collier.

JC is a local woman living in NYC. She is just like you and me, since most people in this fair city don't follow politics or care about politics that much. But we should, since politicians, no matter how evil they are, determine the world we live in.

JC: Why are you talking to me about politics? I could care less about politics!

AW: Because it's an article and I have to write it for a newspaper.

JC: Well, just let those newspaper readers (who even reads newspapers anymore) that I won't vote for anyone. All the candidates suck, and I don't even know their names. All these phony politicians do is mess up New York.

AW: Uh, okay... so, what about the election? Who would you endorse.

JC: It's a popularity contest, and I haven't even heard of any of the candidates, except that actor guy. I should win, you know. Then I'll appoint normal people to government positions instead of politicians and, ugh, lawyers. I hate lawyers. Lawyers are almost as bad as politicians.

AW: Okay, so... what direction do you want New York politics to go?

JC: I told you, I could care less about politics! And I didn't misspeak. I know people on the Internet who care less about politics than me. We have an echo chamber on Facebook that I use sometimes. Please don't write down that I use Facebook.

So, that was the interview with JC, a completely normal New Yorker. Hopefully, it provides some insight into the average citizen of this city. In conclusion, I hope JC doesn't read this.

Arusha was going to submit that interview. She knew from experience it wouldn't get her a raise, but seeing her writing published made her happy. Arusha was going to get an interview with someone who knew a candidate, probably that Zionist Roy Greenfield.

While walking to the meeting, Arusha Washington wondered why her roommate (she may or may not be a friend) didn't know about Danny Miller. She pushed that thought out. The reason why was obvious in her interview. She should tell Jody about Danny Miller, even though he might be another Zionist.

While in the meeting, Arusha was intrigued. Interview dog-walkers! Kindergarten teachers? It seems like ...Solomon! wanted the reporters to interview people who barely knew the candidates. This was going to be intriguing.

"Who here knows anything about the Twittergrams and Instafaces?" said James Solomon out loud in the room.

"I know quite a bit about social media... Solomon! I can help you there." At least, I know more than ...Solomon! Having an influencer friend helps. And an influencer candidate? Maybe I can get Jody finally interested in politics.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Caliland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:43 am

Talchyon wrote:"Yo. I check that stuff all the time. You'd be surprised how much of a brand OBJ has just by that. Sports gets posted all the time there, so to follow up on the news, I'm your man." It was amazing what counted for news as a sports reporter. Or how he got paid to surf online and listen to random podcasts debating whether Lamar Jackson deserved to be called an elite quarterback or not.

Voxija wrote:"I know quite a bit about social media... Solomon! I can help you there."

James Solomon

Solomon had two people who both wanted the same job. He looked at DeMarcus. Then he looked at Arusha. Then he turned back to DeMarcus. Then back to Arusha. They were both equally qualified. So, he did what any sane person in his position would do. Toss a coin. Heads for Demarcus, tails for Arusha. He flipped the coin where everyone in the bullpen could see. He caught it, put his hand over it quickly, and looked at the coin. It was tails-up, Arusha had gotten the job.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:37 am

Caliland wrote:
Talchyon wrote:"Yo. I check that stuff all the time. You'd be surprised how much of a brand OBJ has just by that. Sports gets posted all the time there, so to follow up on the news, I'm your man." It was amazing what counted for news as a sports reporter. Or how he got paid to surf online and listen to random podcasts debating whether Lamar Jackson deserved to be called an elite quarterback or not.

Voxija wrote:"I know quite a bit about social media... Solomon! I can help you there."

James Solomon

Solomon had two people who both wanted the same job. He looked at DeMarcus. Then he looked at Arusha. Then he turned back to DeMarcus. Then back to Arusha. They were both equally qualified. So, he did what any sane person in his position would do. Toss a coin. Heads for Demarcus, tails for Arusha. He flipped the coin where everyone in the bullpen could see. He caught it, put his hand over it quickly, and looked at the coin. It was tails-up, Arusha had gotten the job.

Marlon walked up behind DeMarcus and clapped his hand onto his shoulder.

"You can't get rid of me that easy! Looks like we'll be working together, pal."

He pulled a bag of croutons out of his bag and offered one to DeMarcus.

"Crouton?"

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse